Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

33

3.2K 89 34
By cardanshoe

"Don't burn the house down"

Those were the last words Euphemia Potter said to her daughter before her and her husband left for their vacation.

Delilah now was in the kitchen with James baking cookies, she took the butter out of the fridge while he was putting the flour into the bowl.

She turned her head from him, trusting him he won't mess such simple task.

She was obviously very wrong for trusting him.

"For fucks sake James!" shouted Delilah as she took the bowl from him and set it on the other counter.
"All you had to do is put the flour from the bag to the bowl!"

"It's not my fault, the flour slipped from my hands!"

"It is your fault you just admitted it slipped from your hands, you stupid fucker"

"Language, shithead"

"Fuck off James"

"Yeah fuck off James" said Monica Zabini as she entered the kitchen with Lily in tow, backing up Delilah.

"Oh yeah Zabini?" asked James threateningly as he took some of the flour in his hands and dropped it on Monica's head.

"You fucking dipshit you'll regret you were ever born" said Monica as her eyes raised to James and Delilah could imagine his soul leaving his body out of fear.

"Fuck, run" said Delilah as she grabbed Lily's hand and dragged her to the nearest room before closing the door.

"What was that?" asked Lily slowly, taking deep breaths, both her and Delilah were completely out of shape.

"James just started a war with the most stubborn bitch Hogwarts has ever seen" she replied, a terrified expression settling on her face.

"Is it that bad?"

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one Evans" said Delilah as she picked her head a bit
out of the door to hear what's going on but she didn't hear anything.

"Why is it dead silent?"

"I don't know but you are gonna come with me now because these two are capable of destroying the whole house" she answered and grabbed Lily's hand, dragging her out of the room.

They walked slowly towards the living room when they saw James tied in a chair and Monica sitting in the couch going through a magazine.

"Monica, what the actual fuck?"said Delilah as she approached them.

Monica only hummed.

"Couldn't you find any other more creative way? You did this last summer too"

"I know, I'm quite disappointed in myself too" replied the dark haired girl as she twirled her wand between her fingers.

"Okey, I think I'm gonna take James and go, the boys are waiting for us" said Lily as she started cutting the rope James was tied with.

"You little piece of shi-"

"Language James" said Lily and glared are him.

"Of course love, I'm sorry" her brother replied sweetly pressing a kiss to the ginger-haired woman's forehead.

"Whipped" said the two best friends at the same time, starting at the couple in disgust as they left, Lily still scolding James but her face was as bright as a tomato with all the compliments he was giving her.

"Please tell me that you and Regulus won't ever be like this, it makes me want to vomit" commented Monica as she took a sit at the couch.

"I would kill him on the spot if he dared to even think that" reassured her Delilah cringing at the thought.

"When are they coming?"

"In one hour, give or take some minutes, you never know with them"

"Come help me clean the kitchen" said Delilah as she gave Monica a hand to get her off the couch. Monica slowly took her hand as Delilah yanked her up and basically dragged her to the kitchen.

After couple threats from Delilah, Monica and her hand the kitchen all cleaned up, the plates were at their designed spots, there was no flour at the floor, Delilah had washed the bowls and the butter that had fall on the counter while the other dried the bowl and placed it in the drawer.

"So you and Evans seem to be getting better along now" said Monica as she opened the fridge and too a back of chicken nuggets in the oven, since they won't have cookies they would need something to eat for dinner.

"Yeah, she was kind is annoying at the beginning but she started warming up to me, I was kind of cold to her too but James is happy with her and she treats him more than okey, so I'm happy for them" she said honestly, as they walked up to her room.

"Also she took me shopping to the muggle world to spend some time together and I had fun there too, she is nice and very caring, a lot like me in many ways, we are gonna get along just fine"

"I can't decide if you are being genuine or not, you are one hell of an actress" said Monica as she studied Delilah's face trying to find whether the brunette was lying or not.

"I'm being genuine, I'm happy for them, I'm happy for my brother. James always did things to make sure others were happy, putting himself second, I'm not going a stop him from being happy."

"And you also got into Evans mind to see her intentions?"asked Monica suspiciously.

"I'm cruel when I want to be but not that cruel, I would never go into someone's mind without their consent, only if it is extremely important" said Delilah strictly. "And I'm gonna say it again, Lily is a nice girl, she actually is, once you get to know her"

"I'm surprised you didn't get into Slytherin, you could have thrived in the house of the snakes" said Monica for the hundredth time since they had met.

And Delilah replied with the same phrase she always did.

"Don't forget darling, the badgers eat the snakes"

"I'm sure I would be a good snack"said Monica as she laid back at the bed.

Delilah bursted out laughing at Monica's blunt response as she laid her head on Monica's stomach.

"We should-" she was cut off by the doorbell.

The two girls got up from the bed and went downstairs to open the door. Behind the door stood a smiling Evan, a taller Leo and a cedar sun Black that looked like he had cried himself to sleep.

"Come in, don't stand outside" Delilah gestured for them to come inside.

Evan and Leo stared in awe around the manor as they took in their surroundings. Regulus was just staring at Delilah the whole time, breathing heavily.

Monica sensing that something was going on with the younger Black, took Evans and Leo's suitcases and told the boys she would show them to their rooms.

The moment they left Regulus threw himself in Delilah's embrace, hugging her around her shoulders. Delilah confused wrapped her arms around his waist rubbing his back as she could feel him shaking.

"You okey? We can go to my room if you want to be somewhere private" Delilah whispered gently as she took his face in his hands and wiped away a single tear that was rolling down Regulus' cheek.

"No, no I'm fine maybe later? Let's not destroy this holiday for the others, especially Leo and Evan, they had a rough summer" he said looking pointedly at her.

"You don't mean they..." asked Delilah, her eyes as wide as plates.

"Yeah that's what I mean" he replied sadly.

"Let's go find them and eat dinner, maybe we can do something later to take your minds off this" said Delilah comfortingly as she lead him to the kitchen were the others were.

Monica had already made the table while Evan was taking the apple-juice out of the fridge and Leo was putting the food on the plates.

"Come on take a seat, it will get cold" said Monica as she placed the last fork down and took her seat beside Evan while Leo sat at the other side of Delilah.

They started eating and making small conversations here and there, laughing at the stupid things Evan said, that was until Leo decided to drop the bomb.

"I wanna help"

All of them turned to him unsure of what he is talki about.

"I want to help with the war, I want to be with the good side" he elaborated.

"Leo, we are fucking deatheaters, what the fuck too are talking about?" asked Evan, slightly angry.

Delilah noted that getting the mark had taken a bad toll on him too. Leo ignored Evan and turned to Delilah.

"You told Regulus that if he really wanted to help, he could pass you some information about what's going on at the deatheaters meetings. I would like to help with that as well"

"Are you one hundred percent sure? Because if they find out you have been passing information they are gonna kill you on the spot" warned Delilah, even thought she was happy Leo had volunteered to help, she was also worrying about his well-being.

"Yeah I am, Regulus and Evan are mostly the ones that go to the attacks so they can help you with the locations but the dark Lord has me helping with the strategy in the battle, so I could easily sneak some information about how the formations will be" he said and Delilah threw her arms around his shoulders hugging him. He hugged back wrapping his king arms around Delilah's neck.

Once they pulled away they continued eating laughing here and there, Delilah and Leo were engaged in a conversation about the last books they read. Evan and Regulus along with Monica were arguing about the best quidditch player of the previous season.

The night had fully set in and they had left the kitchen, after cleaning, to go to the living room to relax a bit. Evan and Leo were playing a rather intense match of wizard chess and Monica was going through a muggle fashion magazine, circling with a quill all the things she wanted to buy once they go shopping.

Delilah and Regulus were on the left couch, Regulus had fallen asleep on Delilah's stomach while she run her hands through his curly hair.

"Im going upstairs it's already one in the morning and I need my beauty sleep." said Monica and put the magazine away before getting up and leaving the living room with a goodnight at the others couple.

"We are gonna go too" said Evan as he gave Leo a hand.

"Your room is upstairs all the way to the left" Delilah informed them and they nodded walking away whispering a goodnight.

After waiting for a few minutes Delilah started shaking Regulus to wake him up.

"Regulus, Regulus wake up we need to go upstairs"
She continued shaking hun but he didn't even moved "well you asked for this" she said before pulling the blanket off him and getting up from his grasp.

"Lilah, what the hell?" he mumble as he rubbed his eyes and lifted his head seeing the brunette holding back a smile.

"Get up Regulus" she said looking at him expectantly. He took a deep breath before getting up and following her upstairs, before they could enter her bedroom, he lifted her up and dropped her on her bed jumping on top of her and wrapping his arms around her waist, nuzzling his head in her neck.

"Are you alright?" Delilah asked him as she played with the ends of her hair. "I'm talking about when you came earlier, you seemed stressed"

"I'm better not great but better, can we talk about it some other day?"

"Of course, now how about you fall asleep, you look like a zombie" she said as she put the blankets on top of them.

"Thanks darling, I really appreciate your compliment"

"Thank you, I knew you would love it"

She could feel him laugh from the vibrations on her neck. She turned and kissed his forehead before mumbling a goodnight and falling slowly asleep to the beats of his heart.

Regulus took his time observing her, from her eyes that were close, to her lashes that were touching her freckled cheeks gently, to her hair that were in two french braids and finally to her lips that were opening and closing as she inhaled and exhaled.

He mumbled a goodnight back before kissing her neck and falling into a dreamless sleep.

***

"You both looked very comfy this morning" said Evan once Delilah and Regulus entered the kitchen.

"Shut the fuck up Rosier" mumbled Regulus still not completely awake.

"Not the time Evan" Delilah said before grabbing her mug and making her coffee.

It was a difficult night for Delilah, the vision she saw was messing with her mind and it took at least thirty minutes for Regulus to calm her down after she woke up.

"Where is Monica and Leo?"

"Zabini went at the store to get flour and Leonardo is in the bathroom" answered Evan as he poured tea in his mug.

Regulus nodded and took a sit and took a bite of one of the biscuits Delilah had placed on the table.

"That's really good! Where did you get it?" he asked, but it came out weird since he was still chewing when he asked.

"Regulus, darling, please eat with you mouth closed, once you finish then you can talk all you want"'said Delilah, a disgusted expression on her face.

"Yes ma'am" he said once he had finished eating the biscuit.

"You can't believe how much I hate muggle people sometimes, they are so annoying" grumbled Monica as she entered the kitchen and tossed the flour on the counter.

"If the bag opens and the flour falls down you are gonna clean it, I ain't cleaning anything today"
Delilah warned her.

"Why is she shouting again?" asked Leo as he walked into her kitchen ruffling Delilah's hair and slapping Regulus and Evan at the back of their heads.

"Why did you do that for?!"asked Evan as he rubbed his head were Leo had hit him.

"Your head was in my way"

Evan flicked his wand and four eggs floated from the fridge before dropping on Leo's head.

"What the actual f-"

An eggshell cut Leo off as it fell from his head and on his clothes.

"Your head was in my way"

"You are so petty"

"Well I don't care about your heads or your clothes, you are gonna clean this mess and gonna get dressed to go to the beach" said Regulus glaring at his two friends.

"And for fucks sake, you are guests in a house the least you could do is not destroy it" he scolded them.

"Yes dad" said Evan sarcastically but nevertheless picked up the eggshells and cleaned the floor with a spell.

He and Leo got up and left to go change while Monica went to the back garden to pick some apples and oranges from there.

Regulus and Delilah were responsible for the towels and to place the food into the basket.

"Go upstairs to change, I can take care of that"

"You sure?" he asked, stepping away from the counter.

"Yeah sure, can you please though get me my swimsuit and bring it down here? I'll just change at the other bathroom" she asked as she placed a bottle of juice into the basket.

"Yeah for sure, where is it?"

"On my wardrobe, the top shelf" she said and he nodded leaving her alone.

He entered her room and went to his suitcase first to take out his swim shorts. It was completely black but with white laces.He changed into them and put a light black long sleeve shirt to cover his torso and arms.

He walked towards her wardrobe and opened it reaching for the top shelf and once he could feel were it was, he brought it down and closed the door.
He also found a bag with some swim gear and he brought it done along with him as he thought she may need it.

He put all the things in the bag and left it at the bathroom downstairs as he joined her in the kitchen.
Monica was there with her, they were cutting the fruits and were putting them in the basket.

"Your things are in the bathroom, I also brought you your bag with your swim gear" he informed her as he jumped on the counter.

"Thank you so much" she said as she washed her hands, gave him a light peck on the lips and headed towards the bathroom.

"You are so whipped it's disgusting" commented Monica when she looked at Regulus face.

"I'm not whipped you are just heartless"

"Whatever you say Black but if you dare hurt her I'm gonna take this knife and chop your dick off" she said and when he looked at her, he saw her chopping a cucumber and looking at him with threatening eyes.

He gulped and looked at the cucumber that was now chipped into very small pieces.

"I won't" he promised as he averted his gaze from the cucumber when the door opened and the other two idiots walked in.

"Where is little sunshine?" asked Evan as he looked around for Delilah.

"In the bathroom, she is changing" answered Regulus.

"No she is right here" said Delilah as she walked into the kitchen and set herself on the counter beside Regulus.

"Are you ready? We have to leave it's already 2pm" she asked and they all nodded as they walked into living room.

"Regulus and Evan will apparate with me while Leo will go with Monica" said Delilah as she put Regulus hands in hers.

Evan grabbed one basket while Regulus picked up the other, the joined hands and Delilah apparated them at the beach, a few seconds later Leo and Monica were there with them.

They put the umbrella down in the sand and made sure the baskets weren't facing the sun so the ice cream wouldn't melt.

Evan and Leo run into the sea splashing each other till they were both wet and dived together later to see who could go farther.

Monica joined them after a while as she gracefully walked into the water and tossed a ball at them as they kind of played quidditch but in the water.

"You wanna go in?" asked Delilah as she took off her sundress.

"I don't really know" answered Regulus hesitantly.

"If you don't want to put the mark on display you can just come with your top, no one is gonna say anything" she said knowing that this was his problem.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, here no one cares what you were, also many muggles wear them in the sea because hey are afraid they are gonna burn their skin" she said to make him more comfortable.

"Okey fine let's go" said Regulus as Delilah gave him her hand to pull him up. They walked towards the sea and put their feet in.

"It's not that cold"

"Regulus, it's freaking freezing" said Delilah.

"Come one we will go slowly in" said Regulus as he took her hand and walked more into the sea.

"Regulus it's cold" complained Delilah as she felt the water reach her thighs, her teeth clattered from the cold.

"C'mere" said Regulus as he walked towards her and pulled he in his arms, before the duo could even realise what was happening, Leo and Evan had came in front of them and where splashing them with water.

"You fucker" said Regulus as he grabbed Evans head and pushed him under the water. Delilah had grabbed Leos shoulders and pushed him under too, you could see the bubbles that were leaving their mouths but after some seconds they decided to let them come up.

Once they resurfaced they started coughing water as Regulus and Delilah tried not to laugh at them even though they had almost killed them.

"I thought you were my friend Potter" grumbled Leo as he threw a playful glare towards Delilah.

"Shouldn't have splashed me Nott" said Delilah as she swam towards Regulus and rested her head on his shoulder.

After they played and laughed and even made Monica actually play with them because she didn't want to wet her hair, they finally decided to go sit for a bit.

Delilah had her towel around her while she was sitting in the middle of Leo and Regulus, her lips were blue from the cold.

Regulus had an arm wrapped around her as she rested her head on his chest. He was drinking some apple-juice and he was giving her a sip or two while she was eating her sandwich.

Leo was reading a book, Evan was sleeping and Monica had disappeared with a boy, Delilah was sure she was probably fucking him behind a tree right now.

The quarter were arguing about the best ice cream flavour when Monica came running to them.

"There is a bonfire happening in an hour at the other side of the beach and Marcus, the guy I was previously with asked me if we wanted to come" she said as she took Evans smoothie and took a sip.

"Do you want to go?" asked Regulus, Delilah and Evan eagerly shook their heads while Leo just shrugged his shoulders.

"Okey tell them we'll come, me and Delilah are gonna apparate all this at the manor and come back, meanwhile you all can go there, we'll meet you in fifteen" said Regulus as he and Delilah grabbed the two baskets and apparated.

By the time they had apparated everything fifteen minutes had passed by and the two were making their way towards the place were the bonfire was supposed to be.

The scent of firewood and bright red flames is the first thing Delilah notices as she steps into the other side of the beach. You could see people by the fire adding more wood, a couple girls to the right caring beer bottles and some other even more strong alcoholic drinks.

Regulus put a protective hand at the small of Delilah's back as he led her through the crowd. They found the other three pretty quickly as they all stuck together not really knowing what to do.

Few minutes passed and almost the whole left side of the beach was packed with teenagers, there were boys with guitars that were playing, girls and boys dancing under the lights they had put up on the trees and of course many more drinking and smoking near the fire.

Delilah and Monica were on the dance floor, Monica was dancing against the guy from earlier while Delilah was dancing with a group of girls, drinks and cigarettes in their hands.

Leo had disappeared and Evan said he was gonna find him but he never came back, so Regulus naturally thought he was somewhere making out with a girl.

Regulus himself was standing against a tree, a bottle of been in his hand. He was watching her, how her body moved effortlessly, her and they group she was with made a lot boys and girls turn to stare at them.

She caught his eye and winked making his eyes darken but he resisted himself and only smirked at her as he took a sip from his beer.

"You wanna dance?" came the voice from a pretty redhead from beside him.

"No I'm fine" he replied shortly wanting her to leave.

"Come on, only one dance and maybe you can come by my house later"

"I have a girlfriend, now can you please leave?"he asked her with an emotionless face and she only shrugged turning around and leaving without another word.

Delilah and Monica came up to him after some time and basically dragged him near the fire where they met Evan and Leo.

"Come on let's dance" slurred an obviously drunk Evan as he took Regulus' hands and twirled him around. Leo grabbed one hand from each girl and dragged them to the dance floor with him as he danced with them and they were soon joined but Evan and Regulus, who had let himself loose and enjoyed the music.

They were five drunk teenagers, dancing under a sky full of stars, each star a glimpse of hope for them,

but what would happen if one night they looked up at the sky and all the stars had disappeared...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 830 73
"I understand that you hate me and always will but despite everything I still love you. And I shall never stop loving you" - R.A.B This is a story ab...
26.3K 1.3K 17
โYou don't find me handsome?โž Regulus' breath tickles the nape of Laura's neck, sending a wave of happiness down her spine. She leans backward to fa...
28.5K 582 14
"๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด, ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ." ***** ๐ŸŒธ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐๏ฟฝ...
286K 11.3K 24
BOOK ONE OF THE MARAUDER ERA SERIES - "Most love stories end in a tragedy, you know." "Not this one." - started march 8, 2021 completed march 15, 2021