Lalla Skywalker | O. Kenobi

By AVERAGEPERS0N

Lalla Skywalker; the protective older sibling of the young Anakin Skywalker. Together they will go through tr... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight

nineteen

9.2K 275 64
By AVERAGEPERS0N

Lalla sat next to Obi-Wan, her hand in his as she looked behind them out the window of the transport ship. It was quiet on the ship, Anakin and Obi-Wan making conversation as she admired the streets below.

She looked back toward Anakin as the ship landed, a small smile on her face as the four of them stood. The chancellor got off the ship first, Anakin following. Obi-Wan and her stopped at the doorway. She looked up at him, confused on why they had stopped. She watched as he leaned on the side of the ship, his arm moving so it was around her shoulders. She held his hand still as it hung loosely over her.

"Are we going, Master?" She asked as Anakin looked up toward them, just as confused.

"Oh, no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the council" He said, Lalla smiling slightly. He always had disliked politics.

"Are you coming Lal?" Anakin asked, looking up at his sister. She looked toward Obi-Wan then toward him before nodding.

"Yes, I think I will. I'd like to see Padme too" She said as she got on her the tip of her toes, giving Obi-Wan a kiss on the cheek before hopping down the steps toward Anakin. Ani's eyebrows were raised as he pulled her into his side.

"Someone needs to be the poster boy anyway" Obi-Wan said shrugging, Anakin smirking now at him as Lalla laughed.

"Hold on. This whole operation was your idea" He said, pointing his free at him. Lalla's head tilted back in laughter as she felt him pull her into his side a bit closer.

"Let us not forget, Anakin, that you rescued me from those buzz droids. And you rescued the chancellor, carrying me unconscious on your back." He said, praising Anakin as Lalla glared at him a bit.

"You know i helped too" She added, Obi-Wan's eyes moving to her as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"All because of your training" Anakin said, smiling widely at Obi. Lalla smiled once again, looking between the two men.

"Anakin, let's be fair. Today you two were the hero's, and you both deserve your glorious day with the politicians." He explained, motioning over to the crowd of boring people.

"Fine, but you owe us one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time." He said, Lalla nodding in agreement.

"Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't- doesn't count. I'll see you two at the briefing" He corrected quickly before walking back into the ship. Anakin pulled himself and Lalla away, her looking back at Obi-Wan sent her a smile through the window.

Anakin looked down at Lalla as they walked together, smiling as he looked at her explain the area.

"Excited to see Padme?" She asked, looking up at him. He had never told her that they were married, but she had somehow figured it out. He was happy that she was happy for them, as they were the two most importantly people in his life.

"Very, are you?" He asked, removing his arm from her shoulder. She just nodded, her smile fading as they reached the group, them already ruining her mood.

"The republic can not thank you enough" Senator Organa greeted as the two stepped by his side. She sent him a small smile as Ani nodded.

"Thank you Senator" Anakin said for the both of them, "But the fighting will continue until General Grievous is spare parts"

Lalla looked to her left, watching as Padme stood silently waiting for them. Without saying anything Lalla stopped walking, neither man noticing as she gracefully walked away from them before she broke out into a run toward her friend.

The two girls quickly hugged, Padme's arms coming around Lalla's torso as the jedi's arms flew around her neck. Both laughed as they held each other close. Padme pulled away slightly, her hands moving to Lalla's shoulder as she looked her up and down.

"You grow more gorgeous every time i see you" She said in greeting, Lalla blushing at the compliment.

"I can easily say the same about you, senator" She said teasingly as she bowed slightly. Padme laughed loudly, shoving Lalla away from her playfully. Lalla looked behind her, watching as Anakin ran up to them, engulfing Padme into a hug. She smiled at them, watching as Padme kissed him.

"I've missed you" He said softly, Lalla looking down awkwardly. She felt a bit like she was interrupting, even though she was there first.

"There were whispers that you had both been killed, and I-I was worried sick" She said softly to the both of them. Lalla looked at Anakin her eyebrows furrowed as she looked just as confused.

"We're alright" He said after a moment, sending Padme the most convincing smile he could.

"If the chancellor hadn't of been kidnapped I don't think they ever would've brought us back from the outer rim sieges" He explained, Lalla nodding a bit. She was sad to leave the outer rim after all this time, her having grown quite close with Anakin's Padawan. She herself didn't have a padawan, she didn't know why exactly except the fact that Master Yoda continuously stated Anakin was her first priority.

"What's going on?" Anakin asked as he pulled away. Lalla looked between the two, watching as Padme looked between them.

"Something wonderful has happened" She started, Lalla's eyes almost popping out of her head,

"Oh my god you're pregnant" She blurred out. Both of them looked toward her, Padme nodding with a smile as Anakin looked as if he was about to faint.

"That's- Thats wonderful" Anakin stuttered. Lalla watched his reaction carefully as they talked softly. She watched as Padme pulled away, her pulling Lalla in for another hug. Lalla looked at Anakin over her shoulder, watching as he ran a hand over his face. She could tell easily that he was worried about how they would hide it, and what would happen if anyone found out.

Lalla sat on the ledge of the balcony. She kicked her legs back and forth as she looked out over the city. A comfortable silence sat over Padme, Anakin, and her.

"Don't fall Lal, you know i'm not strong enough to catch you" Padme said as she continued brushing her hair. Lalla looked down at her, smiling as she nodded. Lalla had thought of Padme as a sister for a long time, and she knew Padme felt the same. She could never bear loosing her.

"I want to have this baby back home on Naboo" She said after a while of more silence. Lalla turned herself around so that her legs were over the floor as she listened.

"We can go to the lake country where no one will know. Where we will be safe. Lalla and I can go early and fix up the baby's room" She continued, Lalla smiling softly.

"What about that room, near the gardens" Lalla suggested, Padme nodding eagerly.

"You're both so.. beautiful" He complimented. Lalla looked up at him, smiling at her little brother as Padme smiled also.

"It's only because I'm so in love" Padme said, Lalla rolling her eyes a bit at the cheesiness.

"No. No it's only because i'm so in love with you" Anakin argued as he laughed. Lalla hoped off the edge, flipping her hair over her shoulder dramatically.

"I'm just naturally beautiful" She said as she started to walk inside. Anakin stopped her by wrapped ok arm around her should, pulling her in so her back as against his chest as he laughed.

"So love has blinded you?" Padme asked, Lalla laughed as Padme tried to keep her laughter in.

"That's not exactly what I meant" He explained, Padme letting out a laughed now. Lalla enjoyed moments like these the most, with her family.

"What about you and Obi-Wan, Lalla?" Padme asked, Lalla's cheeks turning red as she looked down.

"What about Obi-Wan and I?" She asked, playing dumb as Anakin pushed her away playfully while scoffing.

"Well it's obvious he's in love with you, and you him"  Padme pointed out, motioning for her to come toward her. She walked toward her, turning to face Anakin as Padme brushed through her hair.

"We've never even kissed, I doubt it can be labeled as love, Padme" She said, Padme just rolling her eyes.

"I know you both better than anyone, and I think he's the only person you love more than me" Anakin said, rolling his eyes now. Lalla just smiled a bit as he crossed his arms.

"will you be coming to Naboo with us for the baby Lalla?" Anakin asked, her eyes moving to his now.

"If the council lets me, they know how close I am with Padme so they will just assume it's because i'm a friend" She explained sending Anakin a smile as he smiled a bit at her.

Lalla looked up from the couch, watching as Anakin walked out towards her. She stood quickly, her loose t-shirt flowing around her as it covered her shorts.

"Why are you up?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes as he looked over at her. He didn't say anything just motioning for her to come over with his hand.

She did so, his hand finding hers as she got in reach. They stayed silent as they walked down the hall together, Lalla barely awake. She watched through tired eyes as they reached the large balcony. He took his hand from hers, leaning on the edge of the one of the couch's as she flopped down on one. She pulled her knees to her chest as she waited for him to talk.

After a while of silence she stood up, walking around the couch so that she was standing in front of him,

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, her voice a bit raspy as it always was when she woke up.

"Nothing" He mumbled, his hand reaching out and grabbing her necklace gently. She watched as he traced his thumb over their mother's name.

"I remember making this for you" He said, smiling a bit. She gently placed her hand over his, squeezing it as he looked up at her.

"Don't lie to me" She stated, his face dropped once again.

"It was a dream" He said after a moment of silence. She nodded, watching as he looked back out toward the city. She moved her hand so it was on the side of his face, her fingers in his hair.

"It was a nightmare" She stated, him nodding slightly as she frowned.

"Like the ones i used to have about Mom. It was about Padme, and- and i've been having them about you" He said, his voice cracking slightly. Lalla's mouth opened slightly as he looked down.

"I won't let these ones become real" He stated harshly, standing suddenly. Lalla bit her lip as she debated what to say.

"It was only a dream Ani" She mumbled, walking up to his back as he turned toward her. He didn't say anything, wrapping his arms around her shoulders as her arms instinctively wrapped around his torso.

"Promise me something Ani" She mumbled into his chest.

"What?" He asked softly.

"You'll continue to trust me. More than the chancellor" She said after a moment of hesitation. She knew the chancellor had to be planning something with Anakin from their mission, and she had to be sure it didn't happen.

"I always have and I always will" He said sincerely, kissing her forehead.

"I don't like that you've grown up" She said honestly, changing the subject easily, "I miss when you were little"

"I didn't appreciate you enough back then Lal" He said, his head resting on top hers. She just shrugged, holding him a bit tighter as she closed her eyes. She loved moments like this more than anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.6K 31
"Your Padawan was weak, like you. So I killed her," said the Togruta, circling Anakin's interrogation chair. Anakin finally looked at her in disbelie...
2.1K 109 16
Fate, it is. Fate, it is not. His body was turned away from me. A heavy sigh leaving his lips. Turning to look at me, ocean blue eyes stared into m...
22.6K 745 55
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi have tried their best to fight against the forces in the clone wars and things are changing, people are changing...
3.7K 113 14
{Set before and during The Phantom Menace} {All rights go to Lucasfilms, and George Lucas} {The only plotlines and names I own are the OCs and their...