The Mystery Within

By RSPBLiterature

Y/n has led a dark mysterious life up until this point. But finally fed up with not knowing if he will even l... More

1. Welcome to Crystal Cove
2. Beware the Beast Below
3. The Creeping Creatures
4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig
5. Revenge of the Man Crab
6. The Song of Mystery
7. The Legend of Alice May
8. In Fear of the Phantom
9. The Grasp of the Gnome
10. Battle of the Humungonauts
11. Howl of the Fright Hound
12. The Secret Serum
13. The Shrieking Madness
New Cover Art
14. When the Cicada Calls
15. The Wild Brood
16. Where Aphrodite Walks
17. Escape From Mystery Manor
18. The Dragon's Secret.
19. The Menace of Manticore
20. Attack Of The Headless Horror
21. A Haunting in Crystal Cove.
22. Dead Justice
23. Pawn of Shadows
24. All Fear The Freak.
25. The Night the Clown Cried
26. House Of The Nightmare Witch
27. The Night The Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
28. Web Of The Dreamweaver.
29. The Hodag of Horror.
30. Art of Darkness.
31. La casa รจ dove si trova il cuore
32. The Night On Haunted Mountain
33. Grim Judgement.
34. Night Terrors.
35. The Midnight Zone.
36. Scarebear
37. Wrath of Krampus.
38. Theatre Of The Doomed
39. Aliens Among Us
40. The Horrible Herd.
41. Dance Of The Undead
42. The Devouring
43. Stand And Deliver
44. The Man In The Mirror
45. Nightmare In Red
46. Dark Night Of The Hunters
47. Gates Of Gloom.
48. Through The Curtain.
49. Come Undone

50. 15 Years Later

15.5K 374 254
By RSPBLiterature

It was early in the morning. The sun had only just begun to shine through the window as it's light passes through the thin veil of material at the window and onto the floor. The small amount of light helped to gently light up the room it was shining into. Several pieces of furniture sat in room ranging from chests of drawers to a large wardrobe. In the middle of the room was a large king sized bed where three people lay fast asleep. On one of the walls of the room was a large collage of photos some recent, others that spanned back over the last decade.  

Laid fast asleep in the large bed was Y/n, Dusk and Daphne. Y/n lay in the middle as Dusk and Daphne lay beside him. Daphne was on his right as her head lay on his chest and one of her hands lay on his chest. One of his arms was wrapped around her frame as the two slept. Y/n's other arm was being cuddled by Dusk as Y/n's forehead gently rested against hers. Dusk's legs were also wrapped around one of Y/n's as the three peacefully slept.

Their peace was soon quickly interrupted however by the sound of the bedroom door crashing open.  The sounds of two sets of footprints running on the flooring could be heard as Dusk and Daphne's eyes slowly begin to open. The two look towards the door but their eyes now widen as they quickly move from their spot in bed.

"Cannonball!" A voice cries out as two girl leap into the air and fall suddenly on top of Y/n who shoots up from his sleeping position winded and rudely awakened.

Y/n sits up now as he groans and looks down at his assailant. But staring up at him are two beaming smiles.

"Carlotta and Bellarosa..." Y/n says still a little winded.

"Girls." Daphne says unimpressed as she sits up in bed herself now. "How many times have I told you not to wake up your daddy in such a way." Daphne says to to the two girls.

"Sorry Mommy." Bellarosa says to Daphne. 

"Yeah sorry Momma." Carlotta says as she stands up on the bed. "But we can't wait any longer!" Carlotta says.

"Oh and what could you possibly be waiting for?" Dusk says as she props herself up with one of her arms.

"Our presents!" Bellarosa and Carlotta say excitedly with stars in their eyes.

"Well now." Y/n starts as he regains his breath now and looks at his daughters. "I'm not so sure that misbehaving girls deserve presents."

"Wha...What..." Bellarosa says her lower lip wobbling a little.

"He's just kidding." Carlotta says confidently closing her eyes and crossing her arms but she soon opens one of her eyes to look at Y/n. "Right Papa?" She asks less confidently. 

"Hmm. I don't know, you did disturb my precious sleep after all..." Y/n says crossing his own arms and pretending to think deeply. Bellarosa and Carlotta look at him intensely as they nervously await his answer. "I suppose...you may have presents, but only if I get my morning hugs." Y/n says opening his arms. 

"Yay thank you Daddy!" Bellarosa says immediately jumping into her father's arms.

"Thank you Papa." Carlotta says joining Bellarosa now in hugging Y/n.

Y/n's arms wrap around the two now as he gives the two a proper hug. Daphne and Dusk smile as they watch the three. 

Y/n looks towards the door now as he clears his throat. "Alfredo." He calls and soon a boy appears in the door frame.

"Father." The young boy says as he puts his hands behind his back.

"You're looking smartly dressed today." Y/n comments.

"He's just excited because he'll get to see Jennifer at the party." Carlotta says teasingly.

"S..Shut up." Alfredo quickly says as he goes red in the face now looking to the side flustered as both his two sisters giggle.

"Alright, that is enough teasing your brother. Instead let's make breakfast, we havea busyday ahead of us after all." Y/n says calmly to the two girls.

Meanwhile at the Rodgers home Shaggy and Scooby were in the kitchen as food trays and ingredients lay over the counter tops.

"And now for the cherry on top." Shaggy giggles as he carefully places a cherry on top of a large desert. 

Scooby licks his lips at the sight. "Yummy."

At that moment Velma walks into the kitchen looking very tired. 

"Like, check it out Velm." Shaggy says getting her attention. 

Velma just looks at the monstrous desert on the table top in front of her. "I still don't understand why these are popular." She says bluntly. She turns to the side now as she begins to make coffee for herself now. "Don't forget we're expected at the party later today." She reminds Shaggy and Scooby 

"Dad you said you wouldn't make it without me." A little girl stood in the kitchen doorway says with her arms crossed.

"But like, sweetie. This is my job." Shaggy chuckles nervously. "I make super awesome dishes that no one dares too and get to spend my days eating." Shaggy says as he and Scooby happily sigh.

"Besides didn't you recently make your own recipe with Grandma Angie?" Shaggy asks.

"Speaking of, I really wish mom and dad would stop telling her their bizarre alien theories..." Velma sighs and Shaggy looks at her now. "Last week Jennifer wanted to do a school report on Scooby and Nova." 

"Like...what's wrong with that?" Shaggy asks confused.

"Her assignment was to give an example on evolutionary traits in animals that have benefited them." Velma says but Shaggy and Scooby just look at each other.

"But Scooby and Nova can talk isn't that an awesome evolutionary trait to write about mom? Jennifer says. 

"We've told you before Jennifer. It's not an evolutionary trait..." Velma starts. "Scooby is a descendants of the Anunnaki. While Nova is possessed by an Anunnaki."

Jennifer sits and thinks for a moment. "But then how comes Archie can't talk yet?" Jennifer asks.

"It is because he is not old enough too yet." A voice says and everyone turns their heads to see Nova walks into the kitchen followed by a small puppy that was a mix of a great Dane and a Cocker Spaniel. "Like human children it takes time for descendants of the Anunnaki to learn to speak." She explains.

"Well even if he can't talk I still love him." Scooby says proudly.

"Like, we all do pal." Shaggy says rubbing Scooby's head with a chuckle. 

It was early in the afternoon now as the L/n family stood outside the front doors to the Blake mansion. 

The doors soon opened as Daphne's parents stood behind them.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" Bellarosa and Carlotta says as they quickly rush to hug the two.

Daphne's parents bend down as they receive the two in their arms.

"There's our princess's." Barty says.

"Hi Mom and Dad. Sorry we're a little later than expected." Daphne says now. 

"We're only halfway through setting up pumpkin." Barty says as he lets go of Carlotta now.

"You have been setting up the party?" Daphne asks her parents.

"Us? Oh heavens no, That's what the servants are for right?" Nan says letting out an  amused chuckle.

Daphne just sighs feeling like she should have known this would have been the answer.  

"Are my parents here?" Y/n asks Daphne's parents now.

"They arrived the day before yesterday with little Viola." Nan tells him before she begins to chuckle again. "Well not so little anymore. My has she grown into a beautiful young girl. She almost reminds me of Daphne when she was that age." 

"Thank you for allowing them to stay with you." Y/n says gratefully. 

"We've told you before Y/n. The Veratti's are always welcome guests of the Blakes." Barty says to him. 

At that moment the sound of a familiar engine could be heard as the group turn to see the Mystery Machine pulling up nearby. The window rolls down as Fred gives everyone a smile. 

"Uncle Fred!" Bellarosa and Carlotta cry out happy to see the Mystery Machine.

"Hey there's my two favourite trap makers!" Fred says happy to see the two girls. "Hey Gang!" Fred calls out to the rest now.

"Now there's a sight." Y/n says with a smile as he looks at the Mystery Machine. "I'm glad to see its still running."

"Well it hasn't been easy. Just recently she was leaking oil and water. Took us quite while to fix the problem. But this old girl is still running" Fred admits as he puts his hand on the Mystery Machine steering wheel.  

"Us?" Y/n was quick to pick up on. 

A figure moves from the side of Fred now to reveal a woman sat in the passenger seat besides Fred. She had a short spiky ponytail held in a bear trap themed hairband, a crop singlet and a tied jacket around the hip. 

Fred opens his door now getting out as the woman follows him out. "Guys this Hailey. And guess what, I think she knows just as much about traps as I do!" Fred says as he finishes introduces the woman. 

"A pleasure to meet you all." Hailey says politely. "Fred has told me so much about you guys." 

"Not to much I hope, otherwise we will have nothing to talk about other than traps." Daphne jokes a little. "I'm Daphne and this is my husband Y/n and his other wife Dusk." Daphne then says introducing Y/n and Dusk. "And these are our children Alfredo, Carlotta and Bellarosa." She introduces the children.

Dusk proudly puts her hand down on top of Alfredo's head.

"Mother please." Alfredo says embarrassed as he tilts his head away to stop her.   

"Uncle Fred! Uncle Fred!" Carlotta and Bellarosa cry out now getting his attention. "Will you show us how to set up a new trap?" They ask. Alfredo just shudders on the spot.

"Sure girls!" Fred says happily. "There's nothing better than showing others how to set up a proper trap. Hailey care to help us."

"Well sure." Hailey says cheerfully. "I'm certain I can teach these girls a thing or two about traps."

"I don't know Hailey, I have taught them pretty well." Fred comments.

"Why, are you challenging me Fred Jones?" Haley asks him amused.  "Let's make things interesting. Winner pays for the next full tank of gas in the Mystery Machine."

"Oh you're on!" Fred says enthusiastically as he quickly rushes to the back of the Mystery Machine now and begins to  grab some gear that he hands to both Carlotta and Bellarosa.

"Come on girls our traps await." Fred says excited as he is followed inside by Hailey and the two young girls. 

"I swear if they end up trapping one of the party guests..." Nan begins to say as she walks inside ready to give the four a stern talking to.

"I thought Fred only liked traps?" Daphne says now still surprised by the turn of events. 

"On the contrary it's possible that feelings are there, but that that two are as dense as one another to sense it. I'll give them 5 years before they even realise." Y/n comments with a small chuckle. 

The sound of another car arriving gets the groups attention as they turn to see car doors opening. Scooby and Nova are the first to appear. Following them out were Velma and Jennifer who held Archie the small puppy in her arms.

"Like, I think we're early." Shaggy says being the last to get out.

"Hi Alfredo." Jennifer says cheerfully.

"H...Hello Jennifer." Alfredo replies as he shuffles on his spot. 

"Let's head inside shall we? Before the entrance becomes filled with traps." Y/n suggests to everyone now.

Eager to not be caught in one of Fred's traps the group start to head inside but as they do Y/n can see his sister stood near the entrance with their parents.

"Madre, Padre." Y/n says happy to the see them again. 

"Y/n."  His father says with a grin. "You've got a few grey hair..." His father then comments.

"Only trying to catch up to my Padre." Y/n says back as the two stare at each with with long silence filling the room until the two begin to laugh at each's others jokes with one another. 

"Men." Y/n's mother says disapprovingly as her attentions turn to Alfredo instead.  "Have you been making sure to eat all of your food dear? You are a growing young man now after all." Y/n's mother asks as she fusses over Alfredo.

"Yes Nonna Stella." Alfredo says to her. Jennifer just giggles to herself at Alfredo's predicament.

"And where are the girls? Nonna would like to see the birthday girls before they rush off to play."  Stella says noticing the absent girls.

"They are with Uncle Fred, undoubtedly setting up a new trap." Y/n says now.

 "That young man should be looking for a girl not setting traps. How on earth does he expect to get married one day." Stella says simply shaking her head.

Her husband, Y/n's father just laughs. "He still has plenty of time Stella my dear. He's been a good friend to our son. Why not just let him enjoy his passion. A man is nothing after all without passion." He comments.

"I am well aware of what a man is Leonardo. I've been married to one for 36 years." Stella reminds him. Leonardo just gives her a smile and Stella sighs. "What would a fool like you do without me?" She asks herself. "I'm going check up on the girls and make sure they have also been eating well." Stella says as she leaves the entrance hall in search of her granddaughters.

"Grandmothers sure are terrifying..." Dusk says to Daphne who nods her head in agreement.

"Ah but that is my Stella. Strict but filled with kindness." Leonardo comments. "Hello girls, so nice to see you again." Leonardo says to both Daphne and Dusk. "I trust you have been looking after our Y/n well."

"Hi Leo." Dusk says cheerfully.

"Hello Leonardo." Daphne greets him back. 

As the three talk Y/n takes notice of his sister now. "Hello Viola." He says as he wraps his sister into a hug.

"Stop you're embarrassing." Viola says as she slips out of his hug. 

"No hug for you're older brother?" Y/n jokes to her.

"I'm not 5 anymore." Viola is quick to say sticking her tongue out.

Y/n just sighs before he begins to smile. "You've definetly grown up Viola." Y/n says putting his arms back down. "Nonna would be very proud of you." He then says and Viola smiles nodding her head.

"I miss her too. But she and Nonno lived very good lives even to the end and I'm proud to carry her name on." Viola says. "Oh could you wait here a moment, There's someone I want you to meet." Viola says as she quickly rushes to another room. 

Y/n was curious as to who his little sister could possibly want to introduce him to but he didn't have to wait long for her to return. 

"Y/n this is Gino. My boyfriend." Viola says now. 

Y/n's arms fold under his coat as his eyes glare into the man stood next his younger sister. "Is that so?" Y/n asks unimpressed.

"Um, It's a pleasure to meet you." Gino says nervously as he extends his arm for a handshake.

Y/n looks down at the hand for a moment before he unfolds his arms and takes the hand. "The pleasure is mine." Y/n says as he shakes Gino's hand firmly. "I'm sure I don't have to tell you what will happen if anything happens to my sister..."

"Okay that's enough threating behaviour." Daphne says interjecting quickly with an awkward smile. 

"Yeah we're here to celebrate Carlotta and Bellarosa's birthday." Dusk adds.

Y/n sighs as he takes his hand back now and he is led away by both Daphne and Dusk.

Gino lets out a deep breath he had been holding as Y/n walks into another room now. 

That sound of chuckling could be heard however as Viola and Gino turn their heads to look at Leonardo.

"You will have to forgive my son. Y/n is very protective of family." Leonardo explains placing his hand on Gino's shoulder. "Though he is right. If anything were to happen to our little Viola..."

"Papa..." Viola says sternly.

Leonardo just chuckles again as he removes his hand. "I am only reminding him dear. Besides I wouldn't have let you bring him along if I didn't trust him enough." Leonardo explains before taking his leave now as the others all follow him inside leaving Gino and Viola all alone.

"You did say they were scary..." Gino comments as he wipes away the sweat that had formed on his brow.

"Oh they'll warm up to you." Viola says with an innocent smile. 

"At least those two ladies were able to calm him down." Gino says grateful for Daphne and Dusk's intervention. "Is one of them his wife or something?" Gino asks Viola.

"Hmm?" Viola hums. "Oh both of them are." Viola replies.

"Wha..Both?" Gino says dumfounded.

"Come on let's enjoy the party." Viola says linking arms with him.

The party was well underway now as all the children were playing games with each other and guests mingled. 

Sat in two armchairs talking were Y/n and his father Leonardo. The two had had been catching up on recent events. Y/n's parents still lived in Amalfi but Y/n would always keep in weekly contact with the two as well as taking Daphne, Dusk and their children to visit at least once a year. 

"You really have achieved so much these past fifteen years Y/n." Leonardo starts as he sips from a small glass.

"We have had our ups and downs." Y/n admits but a small smile sits on his face. "But I wouldn't change a thing. I have certainly been blessed with two beautiful wives." Y/n says as he first looks at Dusk talking with Thorn and Lunar who had recently arrived. 

The Hex girls were still a band but now only toured a few weeks a year now so that Dusk did not have to leave her family for too long. The girls had never once argued over this and both Thorn and Lunar were proud godmothers to Alfredo. When Alfredo turned seven Thorn had given Alfredo a violin to him for his birthday after he expressed an interest in the instrument. Alfredo's favourite aunt however would always be Aunt Velma. She was one of the few people able to keep his mind challenged like his father could.

Y/n's eyes move now to look at Daphne who was fussing over Bellarosa's outfit. Y/n found himself smiling. In the years after they left university Daphne quickly became a model. Her knowledge of fashion had helped her to quickly rise to the top. There had been plenty of men who tried to woo Daphne in the past but her heart always remained true and loyal to the man she had fallen in love with all those years ago.

Y/n himself finished his criminology studies and became a private detective of sorts using his experience and knowledge for good use.   

"And of course three wonderful children." Y/n adds to his earlier statement.  

Bellarosa most definitely took after her mother when it came to clothes and fashion. Daphne suspected that her own mother had something to do with Bellarosa's love of clothes but secretly it was when Bellarosa saw her own mother on the runway for the first time when she fell in love with fashion.         

Y/n could then see Carlotta stood nearby talking to her Uncle Fred and the woman known as Hailey. Carlotta was always closer to her dad and enjoyed his stories of the past mysteries solved by the Mystery Inc gang when they were all younger. Her favourite was the story of her father jumping onto a moving plane to save her mother. Carlotta had become something of a leader herself when it came to her group of friends. She had a strong will and determination they just couldn't beat. 

 Y/n's continue eyes scout the room until they finally spot a boy grumpily leaned against a pillar with his arms crossed away from the interacting guests.

"Alfredo." Y/n calls out calmly and the boy turns his head to his father. "Come here and join your Nonno and I son." Y/n says as indicates to a free armchair next him.

Alfredo sighs as he pushes himself off the wall and reluctantly sits down in the chair.

"What has got you down little detective?" Leonardo asks his grandson using a nickname he had given the young boy years ago.

Y/n can see Alfredo's eyes momentarily look at the party before then looking away. "Ah..."Y/n says quickly understanding as he looks at Carlotta and Bellarosa giggling in the distance. "They've been teasing you again I can assume." Y/n says.

"Why must they pester me so much?" Alfredo says annoyed now.

"It's because you are their older brother Alfredo." Y/n says. "And because you are their older brother, It means it is up to you to look out for them and protect them when I am not around one day." Y/n explains. "Do you know why we gave you the names we did Alfredo? Bellarosa means beautiful rose, Carlotta means Strong. Your name means wise councillor. You are wise Alfredo I have no doubts about it, even if I do have to remind you of your over eagerness at times." Y/n says.

Alfredo just huffs a little bit in a way that reminds Y/n of Alfredo's mother Dusk and he smiles a little.

"Here." Y/n says as he reaches into his coat pocket now and Alfredo turns to look up at him. "Your mothers would kill me if they knew I was showing you this." Y/n elaborates as he takes out a photo. "However, I think you are mature enough to make your first deductions on a real case that I just finished solving." Y/n says and Alfredo's eyes light up. Y/n hands the photo to the boy now who immediately begins to scan through it with excitement and intensity.  

"Are you sure that's such a wise idea?" Leonardo whispers to Y/n now.

"It's only a photo of the scene after the body itself has been moved. I'm not that irresponsible." Y/n reassures Leonardo before he sips his own drink. 

Alfredo continues to study through the photos as he quietly mutters to himself.

"Find anything interesting?" Y/n asks Alfredo after giving him a while to study. 

"The window in this photo..." Alfredo says as he starts pointing to the photo. "It's been broken from the inside, indicating it's not the point of entry and was more likely broken in a struggle." Alfredo says.

"Remember what I taught you, work backwards using the facts." Y/n encourages.

"The victim..." Alfredo starts. "She was stabbed with a knife not shot, this large blood splatter indicates that... She was stabbed with a knife that... that she herself was trying to use to defend herself with." Alfredo continues as he looks at the photo closer. "The killer had most likely only intended to rob her and immediately fled once the victim had been stabbed. So this is a robbery gone wrong, not a murder." Alfredo realises. 

"Well done. While crucial details of the crime scene have been catalogued and removed you were still able to describe a basic understanding of the scene. With time and future experience you will hone your deductive skills further." Y/n says proudly. The feeling of a hand suddenly being place on Y/n's shoulder stops him and the three boys slowly turn their heads to see an angry Stella stood with Daphne and Dusk behind her.

"Oh..." Y/n says before he swallows nervously. "Alfredo, run while you can It's too late for me." Y/n says to the young boy takes his fathers advice to heart but quickly finds his collar grabbed by Stella using her other hand.

"You three aren't going anywhere." Stella says sternly.

"But dear..." Leonardo begins to rise from his seat but one look from his wife is enough for him to know this is not a subject to challenge her on and he sits back down. 

Fred was nervously holding his drink as Hailey looked at him. 

"You know Hailey  There's a trap exhibit coming to a town a few miles over. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to check it out when we leave?" Fred asks her.  

Carlotta's ears quickly pick up this part of the conversation as her head turns to look at the two adults with eager interest.

"As friends?" Hailey asks.

"Of course, what else?" Fred says confused now.

Carlotta just looks dumbfounded at the obliviousness of the two before she walks away shaking her head in disappointment. 

"He's 12!" An angry female voice could be heard shouting with a deep Italian accent in the background.

"Like, what was that about?" Shaggy asks Velma.

"Who knows. But as long as it doesn't involve our Jennifer I don't care." Velma replies as she rubs her tired eyes..

"Um so...When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" Shaggy asks her.  

"Too long ago." Velma bluntly replies with a sigh. "Marcy and I are almost finished with this project, once we make the breakthrough we need why don't we take a small break away somewhere. 

"Like all of us?" Shaggy asks her.

"No, just us. Mom and dad will watch over Jennifer, Scooby, Nova and.. for a few days I'm sure."

"Oh, one of those kind of breaks." Shaggy chuckles as he swallows nervously.

"So Jennifer..." Bellarosa starts as her sister Carlotta arrives now puts her arm around Jennifer's shoulders. 

"You like Alfredo right?" Carlotta asks more directly with a grin.

"Hmm..." Jennifer hums innocently as she looks to the side to see Alfredo being told off with his father and Grandfather by his Grandmother and Mothers. She smiles a little amused by his slightly pouty expression that was too terrified to look at the angry women in front of him.  "Who can say. But what I do know is that he would have to make the first move." Jennifer says closing her eyes.

Stood across the room were Thorn and Lunar 

"Looks like the Veratti boys are getting a major chew out from Grandma Stella. Heavy." Lunar comments to Thorn as the two can see Stella.

"I think she has to be that strong to deal with Y/n and his father." Thorn says as she looks at Dusk's mad face and it makes her laugh a little. "We had a lot of problems with him in the beginning. But he's made Dusk happy in the end and that's what matters."

It was now Dinner as everyone was placed at the large dining room table. Sat at the head of the table was Barty and to the right of him was his wife Nan. Sat beside Nan was Daphne with Y/n who was sat looking worn out between both Daphne and Dusk. Opposite them were Leonardo and Stella. The two men share a sympathetic look but Stella's stern gaze is quick to stop them. Everyone had come to the end of their meals now but Shaggy and Scooby however still had massive mountains of food piled up onto their plates as they greedily ate through them. 

"Dad... you and Scooby promised you would eat more politely at the party." Jennifer says to Shaggy and Scooby slightly embarrassed.

Shaggy and Scooby swallow their food now.

"Like, sorry sweetie." Shaggy awkwardly apologises. 

"Yeah, sorry." Scooby whines.

Jennifer finds that she can't stay embarrassed for long when she hears Scooby whine.  

Barty slowly stands up now as he raises his glass tapping a spoon against it. The sound gets everyone else's attention as they quieten down. "Friends, Family...Fred...We are are here to celebrate the birthday of two special little girls. So could you all raise your glasses and join me in wishing a happy birthday to Carlotta and Bellarosa." He says. 

At that moment a large cake with lit candles on it is brought into the room as everyone begins to sing.

♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫

♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫

♫ Happy Birthday dear Carlotta and Bellarosa ♫

♫ Happy Birthday to you...♫

As the two young girls happily blow out their birthday candles everyone claps and cheers. 

"Aw don't worry Alfredo. We'll do the same for your birthday." Dusk promises him.

"Please don't mother." Alfredo sighs and Dusk just pouts annoyed by his response.

Several servants enter the room now with some carrying trays with lids upon them. The ones not carrying anything take away the empty plates on the table leaving the spaces clean. However the ones carrying trays set the down on front of Carlotta and Bellarosa.

"I thought before desert we could do presents." Barty says to everyone and he finds no one objects.

"Looks like we've been given more time to finish dinner Scooby buddy." Shaggy laughs.

"Yeah." Scooby says happily.

Velma just shakes her head too used to the behaviour now.

"Can we open the lids now Mama's and Papa?" Carlotta and Bellarosa ask their parents.

"Go ahead." Y/n says with a smile.

Carlotta lifts the lid but everyone gasps. 

Upon the tray were no presents, It lay empty. 

"Quick someone call the Sheriff. Someone has stolen the Grandkids presents." Nan says horrified.

"There has been no theft grandma Blake." Alfredo says stopping her and everyone else from wondering what had happened. Alfredo takes the lid from Carlotta now as he looks inside it. His eyes narrow as he takes a rolled up parchment that had been stuck to the inside of the lid. "Who ever took these presents left behind what appears to be a map." Alfredo explains as he places the map down on the table now for everyone to see.

"This looks like a job for the new Mystery Incorporated!" Carlotta is quick to declare now as she takes a hold of the map and rushes out the back door. Her sister Bellarosa is quick to follow her. Jennifer grins as she takes a hold of Alfredo's arm and pulls him with her and the two chase after Carlotta and Bellarosa and Archie the puppy follows them.

"Y/n, did you have something to do with this?" Daphne asks him.

"Who knows." Y/n says idly as he gets up now. "Although it was my suggestion to bring the presents in on a tray, so It's possible." Y/n hums innocently. "Let's check on them shall we." He then adds getting everyone up from their seats.

The adults all soon follow the kids out into the garden. In the near distance the adults can see the kids all running off in search of the missing presents.

Y/n can feel Daphne take a hold of one of his arms. "Still mad at me?" He asks. 

"For going to the effort of setting up an adorable treasure hunt for the kids, I'll forgive you." Daphne says as she watches the kids.

"You can make it up to us tonight instead." Dusk says with a grin as she kisses Y/n's cheek.

Y/n just rubs the back of his head with a smile before he looks back out to the kids

 "Our little Mystery solvers..."  He says happily as everyone smiles at the sight before them.

And that's the chapter and the end of this story...Wow it's really come to an end...I wanted to give the Mystery Gang a future where they have fulfilled lives and some kids. Even Fred might have a partner in his future if the two can stop being dense. But the Mysteries of the new Mystery Incorporated are for you the readers to imagine now I've just set the scene. It has been my pleasure to bring you this story over the course of this year. Your support is what makes these stories worth making so I really hope everyone has enjoyed it. We finished with over 200,000 reads and about 10,000 votes. If you enjoyed this story then don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. And be sure to check out my other works such as The Black Gem and my newest story Healing Nature. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 575 13
A/N: this will be a reboot of my original Scooby-Doo books from my original account, in case you all are wondering. Zoinks! Two years after a clash...
118K 1.3K 13
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred Jones, Daphne Bl...
2.2K 96 9
The Mystery Gang has stopped in a small town, and have caught wind of a missing children's incident. However, after a few nights, they find that ther...
5.7K 93 10
Walter Harpercop and his best friends, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby Doo think they've seen it all when it comes to mystery-solving. But th...