Tough Love: Nelson Muntz x OC

By basicassusername

Eve Flanders was, like the rest of her family, a bible clutching, church going, and all around good girl. How... More

God Saw That It Was Not Good
Cherry Squishees
An Unexpected Guest
Breaking the Ten Commandments
The Great Slasher Film
She's A Little Runaway
A Night On Fish Smell Drive
The Inner Turmoil Of A Teenage Girl
Slim Jim Bouquets
Nerds Night In
The Plant Isnt The Only Thing Having A Meltdown
Halloween Bowls and Bathroom Tokes
Not So Smooth Moves
*Crosses Fingers Behind Back*
A Reunion After A Very Short Interlude
The Talk of Springfield High
Will They? Wont They? Who Fucking Knows?
The Eve Of The Bully

Like... Totally Getting Robbed

340 9 9
By basicassusername

(So this is pretty much how I imagine she would look in the show since their outfits are more simple and easier to draw. Also please be nice, I don't do digital like ever so the lines are a little rough lol)

"Here, sweetie, you need a full breakfast if you're going to be hard at work today," Marge said, sitting a plate of bacon, eggs, and pancakes in front of Eve who was sat at a spare chair that had been pulled up to the family table, "And do you need a ride? Either Bart or I could take you to the Kwik-E-Mart if you'd like."

"Mom," Lisa rolled her eyes, "I don't think that Eve needs you coddling her like she's a little kid so early in the morning."

"Yeah, she can barely hold her eyes open," Bart laughed, "I guess things don't get started at Nelson's at eight in the morning."

"Definitely not," She shook her eyes and yawned while Marge poured her a glass of orange juice.

"Well, I'm sure that a lot is different there than it was at Nelson's, just like things are different here than they are at her own house," Marge smiled, "Everyone is different, you know."

"Ugh, you've been spending too much time with Lisa," Bart sighed, picking up a pancake off the stack with his hand and stuffing it into his mouth before pouring syrup straight in with it.

"Bart slow down, you'll choke," Marge said.

"I have to hurry, Milhouse and I are planning something big," Bart said, and proceeded to choke on the mouthful of food.

Homer sighed from his seat beside him, and slapped Bart in the back of the head, "Come on boy, don't you ever listen to your mother? Are you trying to choke to death at the breakfast table and ruin everyone's day?"

"I listen to her after I don't take the advice she gave me and things go terribly wrong for me," He said, chugging his glass of orange juice, belching straight into Lisa's face and dashing out the front door.

"I really do hate him sometimes," Lisa pouted, pushing around her bowl of cereal, "And would it kill you to not make bacon every morning for breakfast?"

"The day that you're mother stops making bacon is the day that I walk out on all of you," Homer said, and Eve was almost sure that she saw him drinking a beer as he shoveled his food down his throat, "And I wouldn't tempt me if I were you. I'm the sole breadwinner of this house since the boy won't get off his ass and get a job, not that he's really qualified for one."

"Are you really qualified for the job you have dad?" Lisa asked.

"We aren't talking about my capabilities, we're talking about your brother's lack of them."

"Sure, because we can critique everyone but you," Lisa sighed, and Eve saw herself mirrored in her eyes more than she ever had before.

Lisa and Eve had been fast friends from the time they were young. There weren't many other girls on their street, and with them being next door neighbors, a friendship was almost guaranteed to follow. They'd seen each other through phases that no one should go through, but everyone does, and they look back at it and cringe for hours on end. Everything from horse girl and boy band fangirl to teen angst at eight and "I'm not like other girls" at ten.

It had been a mess of ups and downs, and yet, they'd never seen themselves in one another. Eve was willing to drop everything she had for her friends and was willing to think about a proper solution to a problem while Lisa was the one that Eve dropped everything for, and often tried to fix things even when they didn't really need to be fixed. Neither of them seemed to care too much about any of those things. No, the two girls had been pushed together due to the dire need of female accompaniment that all (or at least most) girls go through at a young age.

They also knew, even if they talk about it, that all friends would have their disagreements and what not and they never let that bother them. They got along when they were allowed to spend time together, and they had as much fun as they could together at lunch. Being different ages had really put a clamp on how much time they'd been able to spend together, and Ned had suspected that was partially to blame for their successful friendship.

Yet, as they got older, even if they weren't looking, they found that they were seeing themselves in one another more and more.

Lisa could see her distrust of the church and her spirit that longed to escape the tight confines of a small town like Springfield in the way that Eve tucked her cross necklace into her shirt when she went out and how she'd run away to prove a point to her father and didn't seem like she was dying to get back home anytime soon. Eve could see her caring heart that was probably too big to do anyone any good, and her passion towards her beliefs in the way that she had began to babysit Maggie and have cute girls nights with her on the weekends and the way that she'd fight for the environment and other things that Eve didn't quite understand.

It was a strange thing to them that it had taken this long for them to realize that about one another, but it was comforting for Eve to think that out of all the girls Lisa had been friends with over the years, that she'd been the one to really stick around.

Although, a lot of what Lisa could see right now was the blossoming of feelings for Nelson that she felt Eve had, and how she, herself, actually felt about Nelson. Lisa had spent so much time, building up what she thought her idea of Nelson was, only for her to realize that she had proper feelings for Nelson. And that she was probably too late for anything to come of them.

You see, these feelings that she felt towards him now, were much different now than they'd ever been. When she was younger, she'd wanted so desperately to change him, to turn him into Milhouse, to paraphrase her own words. However, now, there was something there, sparked by her slight jealousy of Eve and Nelson getting along so well and having more in common that she ever had with him, and she couldn't be sure of what it was.

It was dragging her down, she knew that. There were a few different things that had gone through her head last night after she heard Eve sneak out with Bart last night: closure on the relationship that was never really there, sadness that she had no fall back plan anymore, and hurt because Eve had been her best friend for several very long years, and all of a sudden, she gets with the boy that Lisa had talked about extensively through the years.

It didn't make any sense to Lisa, but she knew in the way Nelson had looked at her yesterday while she picked up Eve, that things weren't the same anymore. There hadn't been that moment where she saw his dark eyes light up as they met hers and he didn't really even speak to her directly. Of course, it had been disappointing, but Lisa had been telling herself not to get her hopes up for years now, because everyone, family, best friends, crushes, musicians, will always manage to disappoint you somehow, even though you'd never think they could do something like that.

They could forget your birthday. They could not take any interest in the things you like and then talk shit about them right in front of you. They could say that they don't like something that is a huge part of your life and has been for as long as you can remember. They could be far too into maladaptive daydreaming about a book you wrote together so you have to cut them off yourself. They could have thoughts and viewpoints that differed from yours way too much. They could turn out to be pretentious asshole muscians just trying to make a quick buck off the loser who'd willingly pay for a VIP pass to the event.

Or they could swoop in a steal the affections of a boy who you weren't really sure of how you felt about him anymore, even though you'd sworn you didn't still like him after all these years, and make you fall for him again.

So, she decided to take this with a grain of salt. It was her karma for how she'd treated Nelson when they were younger, forcing him into sweater vest and making him feel like he had to lie to her to get some help. She knew that Eve would never do those things. Eve had never once tried to change anything about Lisa, and every time she thought about that, Lisa was reminded of all the times that she'd tried to change Eve.

There was the time that she tried to convert her to Buddhism because Eve was having a slight religious crisis. There was the time that Lisa had told Eve that Jesus had been a vegetarian, so she should be too (Eve had reminded her right away of all the fish and bread that Jesus had fed his people, and Lisa had dropped the subject instantly, feeling defeated). She also thought about the time that Lisa had been Eve's understudy during a school play and she'd tried to convince her that everyone was expecting Lisa to play the role and they probably wouldn't like it as much if Eve did it (this resulted in twelve year old Eve calling in sick the night of the performance even though she was going to help give out blankets to the needy with her father so that Lisa could play the part).

Every time that something like that happened, all Lisa had to do was apologize to her and Eve would forgive her, because it was the Christian thing to do. Now, she was above that. If Lisa ever pulled something like that again, not only would she have to worry about Eve being mad at her forever, she'd have to worry about facing the wrath of her new boyfriend, Nelson, who didn't seem to care about Lisa the way he used to.

She knew that she'd missed her chance with Nelson, and she told herself that she was okay with that for the time being, anything to get her through today. She had nothing to do because Janie was at summer camp and Bart would be off with Milhouse, and Eve would be at work all day, and she didn't want to spend the day listening to her parents' bickering.

"Oh, hush, Lisa," Marge said, "You know your father was just joking, hopefully."

"Whatever..." Lisa sighed, "Eve, how about you and I ride some of my bikes up to the Kwik-E-Mart. I'm sure that you don't want my mom mumbling through the whole car ride and Bart's long gone."

"Sure, Lis," Eve shrugged, "Let's get a move on though, I have to be to work in a few minutes."

"Alright," Lisa nodded, hopping up from the table and grabbing Eve by the wrist as she used her free hand to grab the remaining pieces of bacon from her plate.

"Goodbye, Mr. and Mrs. Simpson! Bye, Maggie!" Eve called as she was dragged through the garage door.

Lisa always had a spare bike for Eve to use due to the one time that Ned had told Eve that it was unladylike and unholy for her to ride a bike in a skirt. He'd made it a point to say it right in front of Lisa who was still wearing her red lampshade dress at the time, and then he'd taken Eve home so she wouldn't be surrounded by so many temptations. That was when Lisa started to notice that maybe like at the Flanders house wasn't the white picket American dream that she'd originally thought it was.

To a young Lisa, there was no family worse than her own. They bickered, fought, lied, and cheated. They were lazy, spiteful, and she felt they sucked the fun out of anything she'd ever wanted to go and do. She'd hated them for everything they did until she saw what Eve, Rod, and Todd went through at their house.

After the bike incident, she'd started keeping an almost creepy number of tabs on her neighbors.

She'd seen how Ned stood in Eve's doorway while she prayed, reminding her that God couldn't hear her if she mumbled no matter how tired she seemed to be. Lisa had seen the way that Ned could have very well pulled Eve's arm out of the socket as he pulled her away from the seesaw in their own backyard as accused her of taking the blocks out from under it so that it could actually move. She'd seen the way that even though Eve told her father she didn't want to be the one to say grace at the table, he'd made her do it anyway. Something that bothered her most though, was the fact that Ned would tuck in the boys and kiss them on the forehead, but he simply told Eve goodnight and shut the door.

Lisa had been so enraged by Ned's behavior that she'd gone to a very unlikely source on parenting, her own parents (more so Marge than Homer, but that doesn't matter). She'd confessed to them what she'd seen and while Marge had seemed disturbed by the amount of religion Ned had pushed on Eve and the boys, she told Lisa there was nothing that she could do to help her. Marge didn't think that it fell under the umbrella of abuse, so she couldn't call the cops, and if she had to admit that her daughter had been watching them and seen all of these things, she'd be mortified.

However, when the girls reached middle school, and they'd started to go through "the change," Marge noticed that things seemed to worsen with Eve.

The skirts that Ned bought her were even longer than what she'd been wearing before and she'd started wearing baggy shirts to hide her developing figure. Not to mention what that the poor girl must have had an incident at school during her, as Marge called it, feminine time, because a bunch of the kids were shoving her and calling her Carrie (the scary religious girl from a movie Marge had seen with Homer for one of their first official dates back in the day). However, that wasn't what had been the last straw for Marge.

What was the final straw however, was when Eve had finally come out of the house to hang out with Lisa for the first time that year, and it was after Christmas. Marge had taken the girl into a hug and realized that she'd needed to step up from a training bra. So, she'd pulled her aside and talked about it with her. It came as no surprised that she didn't feel as though she could talk about it with her father her only parental figure since the passing of both Maude and Edna, so Marge was ready to help her and actually took her to buy some proper bras that day. This would eventually lead to Eve spending the whole day with the Simpsons, and later hanging out in their front yard with Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse.

That is what led to the final straw. Not having to buy the girl a necessity like that, but Ned's upcoming reaction to Eve simply hanging out with boys.

He'd come home from work and seen the four of them in the front yard, Eve's head in Milhouse's lap as he braided some of her hair and Bart and Lisa bickered over who was officially taller since they'd recently had doctor's appointments. It was a completely innocent affair, but all Ned could see was his daughter with two boys and no supervision. So, he thought he'd take the situation into his own hands and marched right on over to them, asking Eve what in God's name does she think she's doing and pulling her to her feet by her wrist.

Now, Marge had been keeping an eye on the kids from the living room window, and saw what was happening, so if Ned was going to come onto her property with this, she was going to put herself right in the middle of it. That's what a good bystanding mother would do.

She stomped out her front door with a look that made even Bart shrink away from her as she pulled Eve out of Ned's grip and stared him down hard. Then, she let all of her anger out on this man who stood there, dumbfounded that anyone would speak to him that way, and Marge Simpson of all people using such language. He didn't understand what he'd done wrong to make her so mad, but since she thought that she could raise Eve better than he could, she could have her. Marge thought it was for the best, but after about a week, she heard Eve crying in the bathroom when she was supposed to be in the shower, and begrudgingly sent her home.

That was the last time Ned and Marge really every spoke, because he'd now deemed her a bad influence on his kids. Marge had moved past it when Eve had gotten over and seemed to no longer be bothered by her hovering father, and she tried to include him during her get togethers to sort of cool the waters between them. Needless to say, it didn't work.

However, their parents' general distaste of one another had not taken a toll on Lisa and Eve's friendship. In fact, it brought them together and had become a focal point when they could complain to one another about whatever was going on at that point in their lives.

So, as the girls rode through town, doing their best to avoid the shouting and commotion that polluted the air of Springfield, they found themselves in the midst of a comfortable conversation.

"So, what's it like working at the store?" Lisa asked, "I've wanted a proper job for a while, so I don't have to ask my parents for money anymore, and I was thinking we could be coworkers."

"It's been pretty fine so far," She said, "But I don't want to jinx anything, you know how often that place used to get held up."

"True," Lisa nodded, "I was just hoping that I could work somewhere other than fast food," She sighed, "I couldn't deal with having to put all that meat on the grill and sell it to people when I don't believe in such things."

"You could always work at the mall," Eve nodded, "There's always at least one shop hiring out there, and I heard that they're about to open a vegan restaurant too if the meat was the only reason that you didn't want to work with fast food."

"They're opening a vegan restaurant?" Lisa asked, a wide smile of her face, "Finally, this stupid town is taking a step in the right direction. It wouldn't hurt you to take that step too."

"Sorry, Lis," Eve shook her head as some elementary school kids skateboarded past them, "I will support you in almost all of your endeavors, but I cannot be a vegetarian. I love bacon and I'm not really a fan of vegetables."

"I'll get you one day," She laughed.

"Sure you will, Lis," Eve giggled, her laugh cut off by the blaring of a horn from the cars stuck in traffic already this morning.

"Hey, Eve," Lisa asked, her bright smile replaced with the disappointed look that she'd taken on more and more the older she got, "Are you going to go back to Nelson's tonight?"

"Lisa, why do you care so much about where I sleep at night? There's a roof over my head and I will make sure that I have food in my stomach. I can handle myself."

"It's not about you handling yourself," She sighed, "You're a strong woman and I'm loving this realization of that because I think all women should find their voice, but I can't help but worry."

"About what?"

"Everything, Eve," Lisa huffed, "You're always going out of your way to support me, and your heart is so big, and you care so much, I don't want you to get hurt in any way."

"I'm not going to get hurt," Eve said, "Nelson is not as bad as you think he is, I promise. If it's something I can't handle, he'll help me handle it. He's my friend."

"Are you sure that he's really your friend though," She asked, sounding more like an outburst than something she thought about before she said it out loud.

"What are you trying to say Lisa?"

"He's a teenage boy who's been smoking since forever and he drinks almost as much as my father, and he's dangerous. He gets in fights and stuff like that for fun. I'm not sure that he's the sort of person you want to associate with. I'm not saying this as a girl that used to like him, but as your friend."

"You know, Lisa, you're no different than my dad," Eve said, confused as to why Lisa would even say anything like this. They'd been having such a good time just riding their bikes, "He thought that they were trying to take advantage of me too."

"Do you know the percentage of women-"

"I don't want to hear percentages or statistics, Lis. I just want you, for once, to just let me make my own decisions and deal with the consequences as they come along, please?"

"I just..." Lisa sighed, "I'm just looking out for you okay, and I know that I try to fix things a lot when it's not my place, and I'm sorry, but I can't just sit around and let you ruin yourself like this."

"Ruin myself?"

"You're smoking and drinking and that's not you, and it's dangerous."

"I think I'll decide what's me and what's not, thank you. I know that you've changed throughout the years and even though you made some questionable choices every now and again, but you want to know what I did every time? I stood by you and let you try new things without trying to change you into what I thought was for the best for you. I've stayed up at night worrying about you, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you about it because I just wanted to see you happy. Maybe you could take some notes."

"Eve..." Lisa didn't know what to say.

She knew that she had her faults, but she didn't know that a simple confession could trigger such anger from Eve. She'd never been an angry person and so this, really threw Lisa for a loop. What was she supposed to say to something like this? She didn't think that there was really anything that she could say to it, so, she fell silent for the rest of the ride to the store while she could basically feel the anger radiated off of Eve.

It was like Lisa didn't understand Eve like she used to now that she was more like herself, and that was just as painful for Lisa as it had to be for Eve.

By the time they reached the store, Eve was a few minutes late and unlike the last time, Apu had noticed. He was standing in front of the door with his arms crossed over his vested chest. She leaned her borrowed bike against the side of the building before making her way over to her employer while trying to turn off the anger that Lisa had made bubble up within her.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"Apu, sir, I'm only five minutes late," She said, "But I'm sorry. I had to borrow a friend's bike to get here today."

"That is a really tragedy," He rolled his eyes, "But my octuplets are all crying with ear infections and I must go home and help care for them. You must be here by yourself for today, okay?"

"Yes, sir," Eve nodded, "I think I can handle it."

"You better, if anything goes wrong, it will technically be your fault." He grinned, walking over to his car and pulling out of the parking lot without another word.

Eve hurried inside, not even bothering to say goodbye to Lisa because she knew that there was no time that the front register should ever be vacant unless the store was closed. She clocked in, and made her way to her station, even though they were not known to have a lot of customers so early in the morning. She needed this job more than anything besides Lisa to calm down about her friendship with Nelson and just leave them be.

As expected, she'd sat there for a few hours, straightening up the candy bars on the front of the counter, watching the Squishee machine mix them around, and wishing that she could have one while she was on the clock, but she was not allowed to ring herself up for anything, and Apu had been gone for what felt like forever now. So, when the bell jingled, she'd never been happier, until she saw who had walked through the door.

Her heart sank into her stomach and her hands began to shake as she took in the red pompadour, cigarette pack wrapped up in the sleeve of his tee shirt, and the bright green snake tattoo that ran the length of his arm. What really put the cherry on the top of this shitshow sundae was the shotgun that none other than Snake Jailbird held in his hands. Beside him, stood his son, Jeremy, same hair and vest but a much smaller gun in his teenaged hands.

"We're like... totally going to rob you," Snake smirked, his gun pointed straight at Eve before his eyes widened, "Wait... you're like definitely not Apu..."

"No, I'm Eve." She nodded, "I'm sort of new here. At the store, not to Springfield... I'm going to stop talking now."

"Dad, I go to school with her," Jeremy said, a closed mouth smile settling over his face.

"Dude, that's such a cool coincidence," Snake shook his head, "Do you like have any classes with Jeremy? Like, how do you know one another?"

"Uh... I think we were in the same study group last year, my friend Lisa put it together."

"Little dude, you were in a study group? I'm like, so proud of you." Snake said, only holding the gun in one hand while he high fived Jeremy, "You're really taking charge of like, your future."

"Thanks dad," He nodded, "But didn't we come here for a reason?"

"Oh yeah," Snake said, turning back to her, "So, like... I guess we're robbing you now..."

"Right, okay," She said, "But can you put the guns down? I'll give you the money, they aren't necessary, I promise."

"Not gonna happen, sweetie pie," Snake shook his head, "I don't trust you teenage girls."

"Fair enough," She nodded, reaching for the register and being unable to stop focusing on the shotgun and pistol that were being pointed in her direction while she tried to open it.

She missed the button twice, but got it open in enough time that no other threats were made against her. In fact, Snake almost seemed sorry for scaring her so bad, and she associated it with his having a sun around her same age. Things always seemed to be different when parents thought about whatever happened happening to their own children, so maybe he'd lower the gun at some point, so it wasn't pointed at her temple.

She handed over all of the money in the register, which Snake eagerly pocketed, but he didn't leave at first. He seemed to be thinking about something, "Jeremy, do you like, want a Squishee while we're here?"

"Not really," He shook his head.

"Sweetie pie, could you get me an original Squishee?" He asked, lowering the gun and letting Eve relax a little bit.

"Yes, sir," She nodded.

"I don't think anyone has like treated me with such respect during a robbery before," Snake shook his head while Eve turned to make the drink he'd asked for, "It's seriously nice."

"Most people tend to lose their composure when they're held at gunpoint," Eve shrugged, handing over the drink.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." Snake sighed, "But I like totally appreciate the cooperation. Hopefully the next time I hold this place up, you'll be here again."

"Maybe," She said, just wanting them to get out of the store as she pressed the silent alarm button on the floor with the toe of her shoe.

With that, the two men left the store and Eve slumped down on the counter, wondering how Apu did it all the time. The Kwik-E-Mart was always being robbed, and yet, he never had a fear of closing down his shop. It was a confusing thing to think about, so, she decided not to.

Another hour passed before the cops finally showed up, Chief Wiggum told me that he knew that I'd be the one working today and thought that I might have pressed it on accident since I was a clumsy teen like his son, Ralph. Once I explained to him what happened, that the store had been robbed by Snake Jailbird, and leaving out the fact that Jeremy had been with him, he changed his tune. He and Lou apologized for the wait, and told me that since they'd taken so long, they wouldn't have any sort of lead on where they'd be. So, she might as well close up shop for the day in case they came back, posing a bit more of a threat than they had before.

It seemed ridiculous to run and hide from Jeremy of all people, but she wasn't arguing with getting out of work early.

She walked out the front door of the shop after she clocked out, pulling her cigarettes out of her back pocket and shoving one in between her teeth and lighting it as she leaned against the building. She hated being at work because she wasn't allowed to smoke inside, and if she was alone, she only got one break a day and she needed to eat instead of wasting it outside puffing away on her cigarettes.

"You know those things will kill you, right, kid?" Chief Wiggum asked from where he was leaned against the hood of his car.

"You know those things will kill you, right, sir?" She asked pointing to the donuts stacked on his pointer finger.

"They'll give you lung cancer, sweetheart, and it's not a pretty thing to do," He shook his head, ignoring her comment on his snack of choice, "No boy will wanna kiss you if you taste like smoke."

"That's the real tragedy isn't it?" She grinned, smoke dancing around her teeth, "I won't have a boyfriend because I smoke, not that you won't see your son graduate because of how you eat."

"I hate to say it, but even if I ate healthy, I don't think I'd see Ralphie graduate," He shook his head, "But as a young girl, it must be hard to be alone while the rest of your friends are off talking to boys."

"Who said I was alone?" She asked, taking an extra long pull from her cigarette.

"You're dressed like you're going to someone's funeral with all that black, and you smoke those damn cigarettes. Girls like you are always loners."

"Girls like me?" She asked, "Do you even know who I am?"

"You look kind of familiar, but there's a lot of people in this town, and I'm only one chief."

"Oh, trust me, if I told you my dad's name, you'd remember."

"Then tell me, so I can let him know that his daughter is smoking and talking back to adults."

"I don't think that Ned cares what I'm up too, She laughed, "Not after I told him everyone hated him, and he kicked me out."

"You're Ned Flanders's daughter?" He asked, eyes wide, "What happened to you? You used to be such a sweet little girl."

"Life can be a bitch sometimes," She shrugged, "And sometimes, the only way to get through it, is to change everything about yourself, no matter who agrees and who doesn't."

"Such a shame," He shook his head, "You were turning out to look just like your mother, and now look at you."

"I like what I see when I look in the mirror," She said, "Do you, Chief Wiggum?"

The man froze, unsure of what to say to this. He could say that yes, of course, he liked what he saw in the mirror, only he'd be lying. He knew what the town said about him behind his back and he wished that he wasn't so lazy and fat. Clancy felt if he were in shape, he'd make a much better police officer and might actually get some of the crime in this town cleaned up, but ass much as he'd tried, he'd never been able to stick to any diet or exercise regimen.

"That's what I thought," She said with a slight nod, "Anyway, I have to go be alone with all of my friends now. Bye, chief."

She walked around the corner to ride her bike back to Lisa's or maybe even Nelson's in hoped that he was there instead of out with the others. However, when she rounded the corner, she noticed that money and a Squishee were not the only things that Snake and Jeremy had stolen. They'd taken Lisa's bike as well. How was she going to tell her that not only did she blow up at her this morning for looking out for her but then let some idiots steal her bike?

She'd have to figure out how to break the news to her later. For now, she just pulled out her phone and dialed Nelson's number, hoping that he was sober enough to come and pick her up.

Across town, Nelson's phone rang as he sat in the back of Jimbo's truck. He'd had a strict no smoking rule in his truck after Nelson accidentally dropped a cigarette in the floorboard and burnt his floor mat. He thought it was a bit dramatic, but he didn't entirely mind sitting alone on the bed of the truck.

He checked his phone, seeing Eve's name flash across his screen, unaccompanied by a photo since he just didn't have any of her and he felt weird asking for one. He swiped to answer her call and held it up to his ear as they stopped at a red light.

"What's up?" He asked, wishing he hadn't smoked his last cigarette half an hour ago.

"I need you to come and pick me up from the Kwik-e-Mart," She sighed.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, already assuming that she'd gotten held up.

"Yeah," She said, "Snake robbed the place and the police took an hour to get here, so they told me just to go on home, but we know home is not an option right now."

"Yeah, yeah," He said, "We'll come get you on one condition."

"And what is that?"

"That you let me bum a cigarette off you," He laughed, "I left my unopened pack at home and I need a smoke right about now."

"Alright, but only because you bought so many for me the other day, and I need a ride."

"Keep an eye out for Jimbo's truck," He said, "That's what we're riding in."

"Okay, I'll see you guys when you get here."

With that, he hung up and slammed his fist on the back windows until Kearney shoved it open, "What is it Muntz?"

"We need to go pick up Eve. The store got robbed and she needs a ride."

"Okay," Kearney nodded, "Aye, James, take a left at the light, we gotta go get Eve from work!"

"That bitch either needs to start chipping in on gas, or look into getting herself a ride," Jimbo shook his head, but got into the turning lane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 1.1K 36
Currently being edited "You're a fucking mother, you have kids? and you are just now telling me?" Percy yelled Emery is a 16-year-old mother of twin...
232K 6.8K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
209 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
18.5K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...