According To The Muses {UTAPR...

By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

(ONGOING) Melody KaSakura journeys to recover her passion for music after a major accident & a life-threateni... More

WELCOME READERS!
1: The Dawn Of A New Beginning
2: A Seven Colored Compass?
3: His Brand New Melody
4: Knocking On His Mind
5: Believe His Heart
6: Let's Go! His Fight!
7: His Shout Out To Orion: WHITE (Part 1)
8: His Shout Out To Orion: BLACK (Part 2)
9: Believe His Voice
10: Her Fantastic Dream (Part 1)
11: Her Fantastic Dream (Part 2)
12: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 1)
13: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 2)
14: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 3)
15: Trust His Dream
16: Mister Psycho Madness
17: Who's Orpheus?
18: Sorrowful Feeling Heart
19: His Eternity Love
20: Her Lost Child's Heart
22: Our Map of the Future

21: Our Weaving Dreams

70 3 0
By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

MPK: Happy 10th Aniversary!!! Can you guys believe it's been 10 years? For UtaPri I mean. Not the story, lololol. Ya'll gotta stop simpin' for Quartet Crown...Ya'll so thirsty! Chill! I love all the new MVs equally~!

______________

"Mel? Mel!"

"Wah...huh?" I blinked a few times to clear my vision. I sat up straighter on the second-story balcony floor of the library study area. "Crap...did I fall asleep?" I muttered quietly.

"Wake up!" Tomo demanded with her hands on her hips. "I've been looking for you for hours now! What are you even doing down there? You'll catch a cold!"

I had wanted to find a place where no one could bother me in peace. A place where I wouldn't bump into any of the others. But it looked like that wasn't gonna happen today. I rubbed my neck that had been leaning against the banister. "Was there something that you needed, Tomo?" I asked groggily and yet in the politest way I could have managed in my current state.

"I came to give you this." The redhead held out something to me and I snatched it from her instinctively. Luckily she didn't seem to mind.

"I can only see out of one eye currently, so I'll need you to enlighten me a little bit further." I squinted with a yawn.

"It's a letter. From Haruka." I went rigid, "She wants to meet up. It seemed like it was about the graduation audition."

"No way...She still considered me?" I asked aloud in disbelief.

"Well, what did you expect? Of course, she would take your proposal seriously. You requested her." She folded her arms, "Even if it was so out of the blue, unlike the rest of the guys." Tomo leaned against the railing beside me, "I'm jealous of you guys. If there weren't so many of you guys after Haruka, I would've thrown my own hat into the ring." She smiled to herself. "But, Haruka's has enough on her plate. And enough people to deal with already. Just go see her. She's waiting for you." My expression became somber. Tomo gave me a light push of encouragement, "Go already, Silly."

"...Thanks, Tomo."

20 minutes later, after a small detour, I arrived at the music room Haruka had specified in her letter. I can already hear the boys' voices coming from inside the room. Syo's voice was so loud that he could be heard clearly from the outside. "So it wasn't just Natsuki, it was all of you too?!" Knowing that I had to face the boys because of my decision made me breathe in. I breathed out with a sigh, pushing open the door. "Huh? Oh, it's just you, KaSa. Have you seen~" I lifted my invitation in between two fingers, "...Nanami? Unh Unh...KASA!? WHAT THE~"

"Kurusu-san!" Masato scolded quickly.

"I was gonna say Heck! Honest!" He ignored the bluenette's glaring. "What the heck, KaSa?! You chose Nanami too!?"

"What?" The boys, once scattered across the room, made a circle around me. Masato took my invitation, "It's true!" He exclaimed with wide eyes.

"No way!" Otoya's head tilted sadly. "Me-chan, why didn't you say anything?"

"So you chose her after all..." Tokiya trailed off.

"You knew?" The dark bluenette negated his eyes away from Ren. "Of course she chose to include you in on her little secret. I forgot how you two only work as a pair." Tokiya only folded his arms.

"Cut it out. It's not even like that." I said, "I made this decision without informing anyone. I promise you, I had a better reason than just choosing Haruka on a whim."

"And what would that be, Lady?" Ren folded his arms.

"When I understand it, I'll let you know." He frowned at me. "But it's okay. You don't even have to worry about me anymore."

Syo raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?" I started to speak but decided against it. It was better to just show the bunch what I meant. From my back pocket, I pulled out what I had picked up during my pit stop. I threw it onto the black classical piano in the middle of us all. "What is that?"

Natsuki was the closest, so he was the first to quickly snatch the envelope and peek inside of its contents. I watched his face fall flatter than it had already been. "Withdrawal."

"WHAT!?"

Masato didn't hesitate to snatch the form from him. "This isn't just any withdrawal. It's a Letter Notice of Student Withdrawal!" I sweatdropped. Otoya and Syo leaned both leaned in to get a better look.

"Me-chan, you're~!"

"DROPPING OUT OF SAOTOME ACADEMY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"

"You wait until now to pull a stunt like this? Unbelievable." Tokiya grumbled.

"We're like less than a month until graduation! Why now!?"

"I was never supposed to be here this long." I folded my arms, "I should have left a while ago. I was only supposed to be here for a week. Tokiya can attest to that."

His eyes shut in frustration, "Yes. That was the initial deal."

"Deal? You guys made a deal with Shining Saotome?" Syo put his hands on his hips, "If that's the case, why did you stay?"

"The answer to that is obvious." Masato leaned a hand on the piano, "You both ended up enjoying your time here. You've both learned and grew along with the rest of us."

Natsuki spoke with brooding eyes, "The journey has been good for you both. So I don't understand, why give up now?"

I looked to Tokiya for help. His frown visibly deepened. "Don't even. I'm not the one threatening to disappear again. You've made this decision on your own, so stick behind it."

"Tokiya..."

"You always do this. Just like before, you're choosing to run away." The dark bluenette turned away from me, "I should have known not to trust your word. I guess promises mean nothing to you."

I felt my heart crack, "Hey! I'm not giving up!"

"But that's exactly what you're doing."

"I'm not! I still want to be an idol! And I still want to be your friend!" Tokiya cringed. The others looked as awkward as the room felt.

"Well damn. Do ya want us to get you guys a room? Because I'm feelin' kinda disrespected standing next to ya'll right now." Syo's eyebrows furrowed with irritation.

"Look, I needed Tokiya to know that. We haven't been on good terms for a long time." I explained. "But I want to be friends with all of you too. B-better friends I mean. Since we've all practically met before this." I paused, "Well, everyone except you, Otoya. Even so, I don't want to jeopardize the bonds that were formed among us. I have no reason to lie about that."

"...Is that what you think?" Otoya muttered in a low voice. My eyes shifted to him for a second.

Tokiya's shoulders tilted with attitude, "So, you're not giving up on our friendship, but you're giving up on being an idol then?"

"No."

"...How?" I looked around nervously.

"I...I was...I wasn't gonna say anything." I bit my bottom lip unconsciously, but then my shoulders relax and I gave in. "~I was scouted."

Otoya, who was initially murmuring to himself, looked up. "What?"

"Do you guys remember Leon?" I asked the boys, "Well...He's currently in Japan again. Somehow, he got word that I made a TV appearance for the first time in a while, and is calling himself my manager again. He called and...if I want...he's willing to set me up with a contract."

"With whom?" I gave him a look. Tokiya's eyes widened. "The President?! You mean my-HAYATO's company?" He cleared his throat almost giving himself away. "And he was the one who told Leon about your appearance too."

"Yes." I folded my arms awkwardly. "So, in the end, it doesn't matter that I chose Haruka. I'll be leaving the school, that way it causes fewer problems for everyone. It's a win-win."

"How?!" Syo cried out, "You get a sure thing, and the rest of us are still left to fight against each other!"

"Natsuki, hand me that paper."

I frowned, "I thought you guys would be madder that I chose Haru as a composer~"

"Mad!? We're not mad! Frustrated but mad!" Syo was starting to become the voice of everyone. "You just aren't getting it KaSa-chan!"

RIIIIIIPPPP!

"Jinguji!

"Ren-san!"

"Ren!" I exclaimed startled but what had just occurred, "What the hell!?"

"I won't allow you to insult me, or anyone else here any further, Lady." Ren let the pieces of my now ripped, signed withdrawal letter fall on the piano. "A dropout letter? And a potential contract? What the heck? You're just throwing salt on open wounds!"

"What do you mean? I'm not trying to hurt any of you!" Ren glided over and grabbed my face in between three fingers.

"What makes you think that this way things are better? Walking away just before graduation, turning your back on Little Lamb? Turning your back on us? Weren't you the one that taught me to face my problems head-on?"

"Ren-san! Maybe you're being a little too aggressive~!"

"Shut up, Ikki." Otoya's mouth closed.

"You chose the Little Lamb like the rest of us. Clearly, that means that at some point, you felt you were good enough to be her partner, right?" I dared not let out a murmur as Ren practically squeezed my cheeks together in frustration. Serious Ren was someone you didn't mess with. "At some point, you thought that your music would be able to beat any of ours. If that doesn't hold true anymore, you won't last a week in any contract. You should know by now, Lady, how the industry is." The strawberry-blonde threw back his bangs. "If you walk away now, everything made here, the bonds, the promises, the dreams~will mean nothing! Don't you dare leave! Show me the confidence that I should be worried about. Show me I have a rival waiting for me once we graduate. Stay your ground to the end. Understand me?"

I swallowed a small whimper, "~Yes."

"This extends to all of you as well." Ren released me finally and I massaged my face. "No one better back down until the Little Lamb makes a decision. We've all worked our butts off to get to this point." His scowl then loosens into a relaxed smirk. "We're in the endgame now. May the best win." Ren's own confidence exuded across the room.

"Right!"

"There might be one winner~but it's still anybody's game!"

"It's not over until then!"

Everyone smiled and it felt like normal for a moment. It felt like the first time we all had started hanging out together. Then just as quickly, dread set in, and we remembered the current circumstances. Unlike before, time wasn't on our side.

"But the end...is near isn't it?" Natsuki frowned.

"Yeah...I can't believe it...We all chose Nanami like this...Are we idiots?" Syo nervously laughed. The majority of us sweatdropped.

"Right..." Otoya whimpered before swinging around to Tokiya, "Tokiya! You could have just told me you were choosing Nanami! I told you and everything! I thought we were friends here!"

"There was no need to tell you. You found out anyway didn't you?" Tokiya asked bluntly.

"That's not the point! You're so cold to me~" Otoya whined. A couple of us snickered at the redhead's pain.

"Forget the outcome," Masato folded his arms leaning against the wall again. "We've placed Nanami in such an awful position."

"If this decision is hard on anyone, it's the hardest on Haru-chan." Natsuki muttered softly, "No matter who she chooses, I'm sure she'll feel bad about this."

"The rest of us will be left in the dust. That's just how it is. Nanami will just have to accept it..." Syo's ears twitched, "~Or?"

"We can take care of this ourselves." We all looked to Ren once more. "No hard feelings right? One last showdown between us all, before the Little Lamb arrives." The group gulped in unison.

"Fine by me!" Syo piped up, throwing a punch into his hand. "What did you have in mind?"

"Anything's fine. Pick as you like~I'll be beating you anyway."

"Luck won't do you justice this time you know." Masato said irritated.

"That's what you think."

"Masa~" Tokiya and I stopped Masato from advancing sensing his anger rise.

"Everyone! I'm so sorry for being late!" Out of nowhere, Haruka rushed into the music room. She almost dropped the stack of papers in her hand but caught them in time. "I was up until late last night finishing this!"

"Haru?" I pick up the one piece of paper that had flown from her grasp. "Finishing what?" I tried handing it back to her.

"No! Please keep this! Melody-chan!" I was held back by her enthusiasm.

"Wait, you chose KaSa-chan, Nanami?" Syo asked.

"Not exactly! You're about to understand, Kurusu-san! But please hear me out!" She handed him what looked like an identical sheet. Haruka then proceeded to hand out the rest to everyone else in the room. "See everyone? This is~"

"This is~"

"This is!"

"A song meant for seven!" Haruka smiled, "I want to create a group song!"

"A..."

"...group song?"

"Yes! When you all picked me, I was overjoyed. But then I was told I had to choose only one of you...Even though all of you chose me earnestly, I just couldn't bring myself to choose just one of you."

Masato and Syo stared at me accusingly and I caught them immediately, "What are ya'll looking at?!" They both looked away as if they had never looked at all.

"I'm really sorry for that." Haruka bowed curtly. "But then I had a thought. What if all seven of you sang together! No one gets left out and I can compose for all of you. It's perfect!"

"So what you're saying is, you can't choose. So you've decided on choosing us all so you don't have to." Masato frowned.

"It's not like that! Honest! This idea of mine...is in everyone's best interest! I want to help you all!" Haruka pleaded, "Hijirikawa-san. Syo-kun. Ittoki-kun. Melody-chan. Jinguji-san. Shinomiya-san. Ichinose-san." She called each of us individually, clasping her hands together close to her heart. "I know I can be strange sometimes, but...I'm serious when I say that, I feel that I may never meet a group of wonderful individuals like you again. The continuous dream that I've been having...it's a sign. A sign that "this dream" right in front of me, mustn't end."

"Continous dream?" I questioned quietly.

"That means Nanami has had those dreams too then?" Otoya questioned as well. The realization seems to affect the others.

"It has to be you. All of you. My mind and heart are set on it." Haruka's hands clasped tighter. "I'm sure, if the seven of you sing together, you'll warm hearts and lift spirits! A miraculous harmony will definitely be born!" The room was silent for a good minute. We all had to take a second to digest her words.

"That was..." I blinked, "The most anime-like friendship speech I've ever heard given in real life." I chuckled. My goal wasn't to lighten the mood, but it wasn't working anyway. The boys' expressions all seemed to be heavy with thought. "T-The idea...y-you purposed...it's an idea alright."

"Yes. And I am serious about it." The redheaded girl wrapped her hands around one of mine, showing earnestness. "I can't think of the future playing out any other way. You may not all be able to see what I see or feel what I feel...Again, I know it all sounds weird but, there's premonition I can feel, slowly coming into existence. And it'll only occur if everyone is on board." She bowed again in front of us all. "Please!"

"...Say no more. I'm in." Otoya gripped his sheet music. He spoke with determination. "Nanami. I told you before, I want to sing your songs. If this is the way I can do that, I will."

"Ittoki-kun!" Haruka smiled.

"...Me too." Syo tipped his fedora over his eyes, feeling everyone's stares. "It embarrasses me to think about it, but when I received your letter, I thought I was "king of the world". In my head, I was getting all arrogant-like and was planning on doing like a social media post where I'd boast about beating all of you guys out, tagging ya'll at the end of it. Heh heh." He lightly joked. "But as it turns out, it's not just me you're interested in. Which don't get me wrong...hurts. But just a little bit."

"Syo-kun..."

"It's okay though. Like Otoya said, if I'm able to sing your song, I'll feel like a king regardless." Otoya and Syo looked to one another and coordinated a high-five, clasping each other's hands endearingly. "With you guys, a king amongst kings. Plus a queen. Didn't forget about KaSa-chan."

"Right? Nothing's like the feeling we get when all of us are together." Otoya reasoned.

"Yes! A feeling like no other!" Haruka joined the two in a group hug.

Syo pulled back after a second, "Well? What's with the rest of you?" It was then he noticed the looks on the rest of our faces.

Hesitance.

"I...don't know." Natsuki spoke in a low voice, "A group number..."

"Hey now, speak up." Syo prompted, "You have the floor, so speak your mind."

Natsuki directed his voice in Syo's direction, "I don't know. About a group number." The taller blonde's lips flatten unconsciously. "I...need some time. To think about this." When no one else speaks up immediately Syo shuffled into the middle of the circle.

"Guys. How is the answer not as clear as day for you?" The small blonde placed his hands on his hips. "Everything we've done up until now has been done with each other at our sides. Basically as a group."

"Yeah." Otoya backed him up. "How can you even imagine doing this any other way? Especially in the situation, we're in! There's not enough time to go looking for new partners, even if we wanted to. If things continue on this way, everyone wins."

"I...am the same. I can't give you an answer yet, Nanami." Masato moved away from Syo's gaze and sat in a chair across the room. His head lowered in shame.

"Huh?! Guys hang on a sec! Why are you guys acting like this?" Otoya asked with growing concern. "Did you not look at the song Nanami made for us? It looks really good! I don't see a problem at all here!"

"Syo. Otoya." The redhead whipped his head to me. "We hear...your reasons. But, I don't think, you're seeing this from our point of view."

"What do you mean, KaSa-chan?"

Otoya's eyebrows settled on his face, "What am I missing, Me-chan?"

"This entire year...we've been working towards this moment. A graduation, in which the graduates move on into a solo career. Sure we've had each other's backs before when we were all in danger of not being able to get to this point. But now we're here. By now, we're supposed to be, branching off, and moving onto our own separate paths."

"Okay, but-" Syo tried to interject, "Now because of the circumstances, we have a chance to team up again. For graduation this time!"

"-A crutch." The attention was shifted to Tokiya. "We've...been using each other as a crutch, to help us move along. Even if we do that for graduation, what then? We move forward again, this time without one another? We'll only collapse." Tokiya folded his arms again. "If that is the outcome of what would happen, then it would be best if we just distanced ourselves now. We have to start experiencing what it's like to stand on our own." The two boys were rendered speechless.

"But...but Ichinose-san, if you could just~!"

"Allow me to make things clearer for you, Little Lamb. Ikki. Ochibi." Ren placed his sheet music on the black piano, "I'm unsure about the others, but my mind is made up. I refuse." Haruka let out a gasp. "You know I'm not one for thinking statistically, but when it comes to group auditions, I'm pretty sure that there has never, ever been one allowed in Shining Academy history. Someone correct me if I'm wrong." No one could refute that fact.

Masato tsked, "Your reason is shallow."

"But it's not the only one." Ren smoothed his hair over in frustration, "Little Lamb. Ikki and Ochibi-chan are a different breed really, to jump on this bandwagon so quickly. If they weren't, they'd be thinking rationally like the rest of us here." The strawberry-blonde gathered the words he wanted to say carefully. "Everyone here, chose you because they were confident enough to think that you would choose them. As a sole partner. Label me the arrogant one all you want, but no one here can tell me that their pride hasn't been wounded. It's a devastating blow." Ren peered around at us all only confirming his statement. "The fact of the matter is, this group idea of yours is a blatant insult to those thoughts, and to our feelings as well. Even if it was unintentional."

"But Jinguji-san!" Haruka whined.

Ren stood firm, "I can't lie, Little Lamb. I am a selfish person. I feel guilty...turning you down like this."

"~Mmmm Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

"Wait! Sir please!"

"Don't go in there!"

"MMMMMMMMmmmm HA HA HA!" The door to the music room flew open. Shining Saotome belted out a harsh laugh.

"No! Dammit! This is all your fault, Tsubasa!" Tomo yelled.

"This was NOT my fault!" The salt and pepper-haired male screeched back. "There was no way in heck that I was supposed to know that the HEADMASTER was eavesdropping on you telling me about HARUKA's plan for a group song!"

"Haruka! I'm so sorry! I thought you'd at least get time to tell everyone! Sensei and Shining were walking by!" Tomo exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrow, "What a very random set of events."

Otoya's lowered, "Why would he need to know about our group song?"

"Hey! It's a good idea! Even if the idea isn't allowed!" Tsubasa said, "As your friend, I choose to support you guys once again!"

"Look, I was worried about Haruka and he was the only one I thought to talk to about it. The fault is mostly mine."

"THANK YOU!" Tsubasa exclaimed. Tomo tsked.

"Both of you wait outside, please. This is a discrete matter." Ringo-sensei pushed their backs away from the doorway and shut the door behind him. "It was the strangest of coincidences, but we were on the way to find the lot of you anyway. Sorry, Haru-chan, because of your recent indecisiveness I reported you to Shining!"

"Sensei you rat~Ow!" I nudged Syo in the arm.

"I heard everything, Missss Nanami! You want to do a group audition with all your suited partners. Although it is an interesting concept, I can not allow this!"

"Wah!?"

"Why?!"

"It's quite simpleeee." Shining held up two fingers. "The rules are for a pair audition. A pair is two. One, Two. One plus one is two. TWO!" Syo and Otoya flinched when Shining addressed them. Shining then got in Nanami's face. "Six people? Six is just plain greedy, Miss Nanami."

Haruka unconsciously yelled back, "I'm not being greedy! It's not what I~!"

Shining shhed her, "The rules are the rules, Miss Nanami. Follow them! For you, it is one, or none. Simple as thaaaaaat." He spun around in a circle, "Cruel yes, but the saying is "dem's the brakes". JUST KNOW! In the industry, this is not how one survives! Now pickkkkk someone, before everyone in this room fails. You, and you and you and you and you and you and you and you. FAIIIIIIIIL!" Haruka gripped her fists. "I'll even help you!"

TAP TAP TAP TAP

Without warning, Shining is standing in front of my face and I screamed. I crashed into the piano and made a large sound that echoed through the room. "HELLO MISS KASAKURA. ARE YOU WELL?"

"A-Am I well!? What the hell, Shining-san?!" Tokiya, who was the closest to me after I dramatically fell, helped me straighten the piano back into position.

"I could say the sammmmmme couldn't I? Especially when I saw someone who looked just like you on television recently, claiming to be a long-lost idol. Know of her?" I gritted my teeth, "What's an idol in the media like that, doing at a school for idols? It's BLASPHEMOUS really."

"I...For HAYATO, I..."

"-NO EXCUSES." He snapped in Tokiya's direction. "And Mrrrr. Ichinose, the contract you've been served with looks very intriguing. Why are you still here?"

"B-Because I~!"

"Hold on, Tokiya was contracted too?!" Otoya shouted.

"Really."

"I'm not surprised."

"Look, my~my brother's agency. They did offer me, something. But I had planned to~!"

"I've heard enough! You both have twenty-four hours to clear out of your dorms! As your contracts suggest, the two of you are no longer students of this institution."

"What!? Shining!"

"Hold on a second!"

"Why deny the sure thing that you've been working for? It's riiiight in front of you."

"That's...That's not your decision to make!" I shouted, "We've stayed here all this time! Just because we've received offers doesn't mean we've given up on what's here! Tokiya and I are still students of this school!"

"They have a point Shiny. You shouldn't kick them out so close to graduation. Regardless if they decided to not continue with your agency. That's too hasty." Ringo advised.

"..." Shining folded his arms. "Then either you find new composers, or accept those contracts." We growled in frustration. "As for the rest of you! For partners, you have other options. Yesssss? Don't lieeee?"

"It's true, most of us have been approached~"

"But when we choose Nanami we~!

"Those of you that have been approached by other composers, will be obligated to choose from those designated partners. That goes for just about every single one of you...except onnnne. That person will be Miss Haruka's designated graduation partner. Or you will faiiiil! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHA!?"

_____________

"I can't do this, Otoya."

"Me-chan, I get this is a lot to ask. But our options are slim to none! Why can't you follow us on this?"

"Didn't you hear what Shining said? He's right. The options we have are like a gamble and a sure thing. And you want me to choose a gamble."

"It's worked before!" I rubbed my forehead in frustration. Otoya lowered his voice, "Me-chan, just look at her." The redhead pushed open the door to the music room softly. We watched briefly from the hallway at Haruka. The composer course student was at the window, looking as pitiful as could be. "Look at how sad she is! It'd be different if everyone wanted to do their own thing, but everyone's divided!" Otoya gripped his fists, "I'm sure Syo and I could do some convincing. But think about it! We've been tackling this whole year as a group, and in the same way, Haruka believes we can tackle graduation too. We trust her. You should too!"

"Just a moment ago, Shining was willing to kick me out of the academy this close to graduation time. He really doesn't trust me, to stay and see this all through." I explained with a gripped fist of my own. "If I go along with this plan, I'd be blatantly disrespecting Shining's authority and proving him right." I looked at the ripped pieces of my dropout letter in my hand. "Honestly, I'm still at a point in which I don't know if graduation is the best for me. Graduation could lead me to Shining's Agency, but there's also the contract from To~HAYATO's agency to consider." I coughed, letting the pieces fall into the nearby waste bin. "Now that I have choices, it would be more...beneficial to me to explore them. But regardless if I choose HAYATO's agency or Shining's Agency in the long run, I can't risk losing either opportunity. I have to show Shining that I'm serious about something." I turned on my heels, "This group thing, it isn't for me."

"Wait!" When I tried to walk off, Otoya grabbed my arm. "When did graduating together, stop being a choice?"

"Since it became a risk."

"It was always a risk! It's always been a risk!" The redhead's tone was much louder now, ignoring the fact that we were still in the music hall and had to keep it down because other students were practicing around us. "Day after day, we've helped each other get through...everything! No matter what it was, we stood by each other, no matter how bad the odds. You're saying that you're afraid to group up, one more time...maybe even for good...because the odds are bad!?" I made the mistake of peeking back at him. His determined red eyes hit me every time. "You're only thinking of the bad odds, but there are good odds, Me-chan! The chances of things working in our favor...isn't 0%! And not 0% is still a chance!" I looked away timidly, but he pulled me back to face him. "Don't run away!" The jolt surprised me. It hit me more because it felt like Otoya could see that he was starting to get through to me. "Risk...everything's a risk. Fighting together, fighting with someone else, fighting alone! If we stay together and choose to fight together, it's going to be hard but it's not impossible! That being said, what's wrong with aiming higher?! Reaching farther~?!"

"I never thought I'd make it this far!" I snapped loudly, and Otoya's vigor diminished. I twisted all the way towards him in his grip. "To make it as far, as to even have choices..." I felt tears sting my eyes but I fought them back profusely. "In the beginning, I'll admit it. I wasn't serious about studying at Shining Academy as the rest of you were, which is why it was so easy for me to put my spot on the line in every situation. But now...things are different." I lifted my free arm over my face in shame. "I realize now that Shining Academy was everything that I needed. The second chance that I longed for! I want to sing! And now I can do that so~! I really...really don't want to mess this up Otoya! Please understand! It's not you, any of you! It's all me!"

Otoya's hand dropped from my arm. "Me-chan..."

"I'm sorry. I really am...but I just can't. I can't be in this group!" The happy-go-lucky male frowned. He looked down at a loss.

"I...I can't give up. I can't give up on Haruka's dream." Otoya whispered slowly.

"I'm not asking you to." I placed my hands on his shoulders. I did my best to look him in the eyes without crying. "You should do what's best for you, Otoya. And I will figure things out for myself."

"But Melody~"

"It's okay Ittoki-kun. Let Melody-chan go." In the doorway, Haruka had finally come outside the room. "It's okay really. I understand Melody-chan's reasons. If I was her, I'd be just as apprehensive, maybe even more. Asking her to join a group...asking everyone to form a group...Shining was right. I'm being selfish. It's all one big, stupid, selfish request."

Otoya separated from me, "Nanami, it's not being selfish. You just want to help us!"

Haruka smiled bitterly, "Maybe our dreams just aren't the same. Our paths are...not suppose to cross anymore. I won't try to...pursue a bleak future anymore. I'm deeply sorry." She seemed to run away in tears.

"Nanami!" Otoya leaped forward. He looked back at me for a second before going after her. Now with everyone gone, I could release the tears of my own that I was holding back.

"Why does this all feel so wrong? Why does it hurt so much!?"

"Maybe because you want things to work out for everyone?" A handkerchief was held out in front of my face.

I didn't even have to look up to know, "What do you want, Leon?"

"You really shouldn't be talking to me like that." I took the cloth from his hand as the blonde ruffled his own hair and fixed his tie. "I am your manager after all~"

"You stopped being my manager when I left the music industry."

"Tell that to your father." Leon didn't laugh like usual and I frowned. "If you haven't realized it yet, but what you're doing right now, is looking for a way back into it you know?" He adjusted his earpiece as well. "It doesn't take much to see that you are in limbo about it all. But that's why I'm here. Your mother, and whether it seems like it or not, your father as well, hired me to help with whatever you decided to choose. Especially in the business of music. If you end up signing the contract with either agency, I'll be the main one managing you. So you should be getting reacquainted with our relationship. Melody-chan."

"You...always know what to say, Leon."

"That's my joooooob~" He spoke in a sing-song tone. "Anyhow, dry those tears, and let's go. Hopefully, I can get you there with enough time for you to get some touchups done by the make-up artists."

"To where?"

"To explore one of your choices." Leon placed a hand on his hip firmly. "The "HAYATO's agency" one. There are some important people I need you to meet, TODAY. Now come on, we're running on a schedule here."

_____________

"So overall, this is how I think the breakdown will be."

"That is... a lot."

"But it's a lot of work. I believe in this deal we are still being underpaid. Am I wrong?"

"Things like pay can be negotiated."

"With a company like this, you need a good negotiator."

"Well, it's a good thing you already have one." Leon fixed his tie with confidence.

"Can you please stop acting like you can handle all aspects of both of our careers?"

"But I can. I still don't know why you don't get that, Ichinose-kun." Leon pulled out a business card and plopped it on the table. "This is the person you'll want to call as soon as you want to start the process. If either of you does call, make sure I am present."

Tokiya pinched the bridge of his nose, "I already have a manager you know."

"He can be there, but I'll be there too. No arguments, thank you." The blonde stood up and flicked out his cell. "Both of you, take some time to really think about what you want. Whether doing THIS again is really what you want. Because it looks like to me you guys are still in limbo about it all." He went for the door. "I need to make a few phone calls. I'll send for the car while I'm at it." With that, Leon left both Tokiya and me in his dressing room alone.

SUPESHARU GOKIGEN de HAPPĪ ni nareru

mahou no aikotoba shitteru?

jibun ni uso nante tsukeru wakenai sa

ohisama miagete hora...

HAYATO's latest song played through the agency speakers at the exact moment Leon and I had made our way to Tokiya's dressing room. A coincidence I did not foresee. I had the thought of going to see Tokiya before I left the building. To bug him of course. A part of me felt...like I needed to see him, I guess. Leon had taken the opportunity to explain the contracts HAYATO's company was offering us.

Now that was over, we laid back on the small sofa together against the wall with dreadful fatigue. I was tired from meeting people all day, and Tokiya was still in his HAYATO clothes. Enough said.

The dark-haired bluenette turned his head to me, "M-Melody...your outfit. You look~"

"Like a girl? I know. And I hate it." I'm sure he was taken aback by my unusual outfit. I had changed after getting to the agency, for something more audition-worthy, courtesy of Leon. A sparkly little number that included me wearing a skirt. "Makes me look like a kid too."

Tokiya blinked before resting his head back once more, "It doesn't look bad. But now you know how I feel, wearing this every day."

"Well, you don't look like a child in your fit. The way you fill yours out makes you look~!" I clamped my lips together suddenly. I've got to be more careful with what I say these days.

The male's dark blue eyes slid in my direction, "Yes?"

"...your age."

Tokiya closed his eyes and cracked a smile, "I'll take it."

SE-I-TEN tondeke!

OHA YAHHŌ!

Through the open doorway, HAYATO's song blasted from the hallway. The chorus of the song seemed to play louder than the rest. It was irritating for both of us. We didn't dare try to speak over it. Tokiya reluctantly stood up and shut the door quickly. "I really wish they would stop playing that. It makes me cringe hearing it every time."

"Why? You wrote it though, didn't you?" Tokiya froze with his hand grasping the door handle. "Woooow, you really thought I wouldn't realize!"

"I was forced to write that!"

"Cheezy lyrics for a cheezy guy!"

"Hey!" Tokiya's blush crept over his makeup. "I am not cheezy!" I laughed at his expense. "Have you forgotten somebody else in this room wrote songs way cheesier than this before?"

"Yah, but I was a kid. You wrote that as a young adult. Shame." Tokiya stood next to the couch with a deflated depression. "Aw, there there. I'm sure you'll grow up someday."

"I wonder...if I'll be able to do that...with this new contract." Tokiya muttered.

"It's what you wanted to do, wasn't it? What's suddenly changing your mind?"

"I hadn't noticed it before Leon brought it up. He didn't verbally say it only pointed it out to me." He picked up the contract. "If I accept, I'll still be working as HAYATO."

My eyebrows lowered, "What? What happened with ditching your alias?"

"I guess they believe it's best if I continue to work as HAYATO in the first few years. For a gradual shift to occur...which makes sense, but..."

"If you continue as HAYATO the company will want you to stay as him. You can't accept a deal like that!" I snapped.

"What choice do I have? I can argue with them over it, but they will just try to convince me otherwise. It's just like Shining said, it's between gambling and a sure thing. I'd be crazy not to take this given opportunity." I frowned at the similar statement I had made earlier. "I'll do whatever it takes to sing my own songs..." He trailed off.

"Even if it means holding back? And continuing to hide your true identity?" Tokiya's eyes wavered. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"It really is a lot to think about." The bluenette sat back down next to me, "Thinking about it all tires me." He did look worn out. "I want to sleep."

"Take a nap." I pulled the throw cover from behind the couch and passed it to him. "You've got nothing else going on today. Just get a little rest before we head back."

Tokiya opened the blanket and flares it out over both of us, "You nap too then."

"What? Why me?"

"Because."

"Huh? That's not~! Tokiya!" Without warning, Tokiya laid across my thighs.

"This works too." He curled his body and closed his eyes. "So comfy..."

"Tokiya!" 'He's like a little kid!' I thought as his childishness showed through. Small, simple actions like this, were cute I had to admit. I could've pushed him off but he already looked asleep. "F-Fine! 30 minutes tops like this!" When Tokiya didn't respond, I sighed heavily. I ran my fingers through my lavender-colored hair and leaned back. 'A few minutes won't hurt.' I let my mind go blank and joined Tokiya in slumber.

_____________

"Hmmmm Hmmm Hmm Hmm~ Hm hm hm Hmm Hm Hmmm~"

The dream world. Again.

"I was about to say, it's been a while Prince Cecilion. What drama is going down...today?" Surrounded by flowers, I recognized the area I had been brought to. The alter with hundreds of plants and trinkets of all kinds, The muse's place of offering. And I wasn't alone.

"What is...going on here?" Prince Kiyavelli's hair blew in the wind when I noticed him standing beside me. Like me, he was in awe of the magical glowing alter. "Cecilion? Did you call us here?"

"He called all of us. Apparently." With his hand on his sheathed sword, Prince Masamune approached us from the opposite direction. The rest of the princes were in toe.

"It was imperative that you be here." Cecilion gestured to the alter, "A miracle has happened. Look forward!" His tan arm stretched outward. "Behold!" Near the center of the alter, a girl stood. At first glance, it looked like she was adding to the offerings, but then she stood. A fair-skinned, redheaded female in a white dress and red stockings.

"Oh my god." I held my forehead in disbelief. Although she had significantly longer hair, it was obvious who she looked like. "Now it's Haruka? Haru is here too?"

Kiyavelli only seemed to stare blankly, "Ha...ru...ka?"

"Wrong. That is Lady Haruna. A direct descendant of Muse."

"Gorgeous, isn't she?" Prince Rennosuke caressed my shoulder. "Ones like her come to our land from time to time and purify it."

"She does look like there's a holiness, about her."

"This is your first time seeing her?" I asked Prince Otoyaemon.

"More or less."

"We caught a glimpse of her before when we were appointed. But never this close." Prince Natsume explained.

"The muses don't come to this land unless they sense danger though right?" Prince Syosuke asked, "Did we do something wrong? Did something happen?"

"I can feel the sadness within her. Her soul is crying." Cecilion's green eyes held a powerful glow. "Our future has become unclear...We must follow the conjoining path of destiny!" A strong gust of wind blew and Lady Haruna began to shine brightly. We all reeled back and resorted to squinting to see.

"What...the hell is going on? Cecilion!" Syosuke coughed. Lady Haruna stepped forward. We all flinched.

"She's coming!"

"Get ready!"

"Please...listen...to this song. Your song. Remember it!" A sea of white engulfed us all. A dramatic melody raced through the sky. A loud, pounding form of music filled our entire beings.

"Such a clear..."

"...Resounding sound!"

Our essences appeared in front of us and shined accordingly. It was like the powerful aura was sucking them in. Each color of the rainbow took turns appearing in patterns, dancing around the majestic being. Prince Cecilion blindly stepped forward closer into the aria. His bright green aura was the only color to die down and fade away back into his body.

Prince Kiyavelli wobbled next to me, "W-What is all this~!"

"Prince Cesshi~! You've done it now!" Prince Renn struggled to stand in place and speak over the loud noise. "Not only did you call out to her, but they're here, aren't they? The 'others'!"

"He's right, I can feel my other~!" Otoyan was cut off as he lost his footing for several seconds. "Her presence is so strong!"

"It's the music!" Masamune exclaimed through gritted teeth.

"I can feel it resonating through my body twice like there's two of me!" Natsume screamed.

"Make it stop! They shouldn't be here Cecilion!"

"Because of your actions, our realities were changing too rapidly. I had to unite our worlds somehow." The tan male was calm as his emerald aura glowed. "You are not the only one able to call those from the other world. This is a dangerous power you have uncovered, Kiyavelli." Closer to Haruna, Cecilion turned in our direction, his back against the wind. "Perhaps it will be better this way. Everyone, hear me! Let this be a hint~err message to all of you! Change the course of fate! Go back and claim your destiny!"

"...What drugs am I on?" I held my head. "This isn't normal, to have dreams like this. I must be going crazy!"

"~You and me both then." Prince Kiya replied.

"You live with all this, I don't Kiyavelli!"

"No, I don't. And who is...Kiya-velli?" My purple eyes widened. My head cranked to my left. It only took one glance to see the visible difference in the harsher expression on the male's face.

"T-Tokiya~?!" The dark bluenette shielded his eyes with his hand to get a better look at me.

"Melody?!"

_____________

"HAH!?"

I blinked profusely. I tried my best to calm my heart. It was all a dream. So why did it feel so real?!

"Tokiya!" I looked down almost forgetting about the surreal moment. But the costumed idol was still asleep on my knees. Like a baby. "Ah..."

"AAAAAH!" As soon as I had sat back Tokiya suddenly shot up startling the hell outta me.

"Jesus Tokiya!" I calmed myself down all over again, "Dramatic much? You're a little late on the reaction aren't ya?"

"M-Melody?!" He grabbed my shoulders in a panic.

"Y-Yes!" I exclaimed frantically, "I'm here!"

"W-Wah? But..." Tokiya blinked a few times before letting me go to grip his forehead, "I think...I need a more restorative sleep. These short naps are driving me insane." I turned to him.

"So then, I really did see you!? You're having those dreams too?!"

"What dreams?" I froze. "What were you dreaming about?" I wanted to leave out of embarrassment. Before I could stand up from the couch, Tokiya pulled me back down by my arm. "No, wait! I think we need to compare notes!"

"What do you mean compare notes!?" I yelled, "Did you see a long-haired glowy version of Haruka and experience that loud blood pumping wave of music just now or not!?"

"I did!" He yelled back.

"Then why did you ask you BAKA!?" I shook him before he could shake me.

"I didn't know if you saw it too! I thought I saw you in the dream but I didn't want to sound like a fool!"

"You always do! Nothing new! You always make everything so damn complicated!"

"ARGH!"

"Looks like you're up."

"Aaah!"

"Aah!" Leon jumped just like we did. He then took a breath adjusting his tie. "Honestly, going from snuggling on the couch to confrontations yelling in only a few minutes. You know that's a sign of being a couple."

Tokiya and I separated, "Please! This is how we come to a mutual consensus."

"Whatever you say, Darling." Leon's pocket beeper buzzed and he tended to his earpiece for a second. "It's Leon." I took the opportunity to pull on Tokiya's hair and he pinched my cheeks in turn. "Right. I'll handle it." Leon turned back to us to see us fighting and broke us apart, "I take back what I said before. You are not a couple, just a couple of children! Stop this at once!"

"She started it!"

"Nuh-uh!" We blinked at our bratty tones. Tokiya let out a growl with blushing cheeks and I laughed.

"Tokiya. I suggest you find yourself a ride back to the academy."

"What? I thought I was riding back with you? We were only joking before, we weren't really fighting."

"That's not why. I got a call saying that someone from the academy was on his way up to see Melody. Someone that doesn't know about your situation."

"A student?"

"Looking for me? Here?"

Leon unlocked his phone to show me, "He look familiar?"

"Otoya..."

"I can't believe he traveled this far from home. You've found a very determined friend, I'll give you that."

"I'll give my manager a call." Tokiya sighed dropping his costume jacket, "I need to change, do you mind?"

"Yeah, I guess." I grabbed my bag and headed for the door with Leon.

"I guess? Were you planning on watching him?"

"Shut up!"

"Try again next time, Princess Pervert."

"You shut up too!"

"We'll handle the situation downstairs. See you later HAYATO-kun~!"

"ME-CHAN!"

"AAAH!" Leon and I backed against the wall of the hallway. Otoya was inches away from us. So his scream was practically in our ears.

"Honestly! What is with all the shouting today!?" Leon pressed his collar down. The adult male gave me a look. If Otoya had walked up seconds earlier, the cat would've been out of the bag. "How did he get past building security? And mine for that matter!? Young man, you're in an unauthorized area!"

"Leonheart-san! I didn't know you would be here." Otoya bowed respectfully, "I'm sorry to intrude but this couldn't wait! I had to see Me-chan!" He turned to me with hesitation, "C...c-can we talk?"

I sighed, "Otoya, I...Now isn't the~!"

"~I HAD A DREAM!" My eyes widened.

Just then I heard the door to HAYATO's dressing room creak open. Tokiya's hand started to creep out of the door. Without thinking, my back hit the door, keeping it closed. I let out a nervous laugh. "Ah haha! You too!? I'm just on my way out why don't we walk and talk about it! Hahaha! Hahaha!" I lunged for Otoya's arm and turned around. I peered behind us to see Tokiya's hand shaking in pain and Leon mouthing I'll take care of it. I mouthed an apology back and dragged the redhead towards the commercial area of the building.

Minutes later, Otoya and I had gotten a couple of drinks from the company cafe while waiting for the ride from Leon. "Thanks." The redhead muttered shyly taking his latte from my hand.

I gave him a nod, taking a sip from my frappe. We were silent for a little while, just intaking coffee into our bloodstreams. We also had just fought, so there was tension between us. I wanted to press him right away, I mean, why was he even here? How did he know where I was? But after taking a second, I remembered that Otoya was my friend, and I wanted to end whatever conversation we were about to have on a good note. So I took a different approach, "I didn't know you drank coffee."

"...Not too often," Otoya replied slowly. "When exams started coming up, I started drinking it more often. That's probably bad though...hehe." He swirled around what was left in his cup. "...Your outfit~"

"Yes, I know~The company dressed me and I'm in a skirt. Take it in because never again!"

Otoya swallowed some of his drink, his cup still close to his lips. "It's cute."

"Hnn!?" I coughed when some of my drink goes down my throat wrong, "What was that?!"

Otoya looked to the side not moving the styrofoam cup away from his face, "Nothing."

"Huh?!" I exclaimed, "You totally said something?" It came out like a question. I noticed Otoya's rosy cheeks at the same time I said it. His blushing cause me to blush. I joined him leaning against the wall. "Ugh. Otoya, what in the world made you think that sneaking into this agency's secure area was okay?!"

"...I needed to see you." I swallowed incorrectly again.

"Tch!" I pulled his cup away from his face in frustration, "And what makes you think that saying things like that is okay?! S-so casually!?"

"What?! It's the truth!" Otoya claimed, "I had to talk to you about~!"

"Well, I'm not hearing anything yet. What's the hold-up?!"

"Why are you here at HAYATO's agency?!" I was taken aback by his shout. "We're about a month away from graduation and you're here instead of being at the academy! W-Where you belong!"

My eyebrows lowered, "I already told you. I made a decision and~"

"I know you did!" Otoya argued awkwardly, "But!... That doesn't mean it was the right one!" My lips curled in, "T-Today, I went back to Haruka to look at the song! And it was really good! So I decided I'd help her work on it, despite everyone else still being indecisive on this!" When he noticed I had started to groan internally, Otoya took his coffee back. He chugged the rest down and threw it in the nearby trash can. "Hear me out! I know you did before, but just one more time! Before you decide to throw it all away!" I frowned, "I worked on the song with Haruka, and Syo came in with Natsuki. And then Masato showed up! All of them... ended up being on board with the group idea! That's 4 out of 7! More than 50% of us are willing to do this!"

"Otoya...doing a group audition isn't allowed. Bottom line!"

"It's not allowed because it hasn't been done before!" Otoya gripped a fist, "A lot of things we've done this year haven't been allowed! But we got to do them because we stuck together!" He could tell that I still wasn't convinced. "Me-chan, I had a dream today. One where you and all of our friends were...it'll sound weird but, we were embrace by the music of Muse! Err...I know that's an odd way of putting it, but it's what happened! And the music, that she played...had the same tune as Haruka's song!" That made me freeze in place.

"S-Seriously?"

"Now maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I've just been thinking about Haruka's song too much. But strong dreams like this, they're supposed to predict the future right!? To me, it's like a sign. A sign that's telling me to keep going with what I know, and that it could lead to something great!" Otoya placed his hands on my shoulders, but much gentler than he had before. "This is the last time I'll bother you about this, but I had to prove to you how serious I was! You call the group audition idea a gamble, but I don't see like that anymore. I see it as, staying in the fight, side by side, to the very end. One last hurrah...that could lead to a much bigger adventure! And I feel...like it will all definitely work out if we're all in this together!"

My head drooped, "...Change the course of fate. Go back and claim your destiny."

Otoya's hands dropped slowly, "Woah...Wait, I heard that in the dream...No way~Did you also~?"

"Yes." My frappe was still half full. The condensation on the cup seeped through my fingers. "While meeting people here at the agency today, I realized I could get used to this. Doing the agency thing. New jobs left and right, writing and singing new music. But then I also realized, there was one thing that I couldn't get used to."

"...What is that?" Despite the unsipped contents, I threw the rest of the coffee away.

"...Not seeing you guys anymore." My eyes welled with tears. "It didn't matter who I met, or will meet. No one was as kind, or as charming, or as witty, or as funny, or as gentle, or as passionate as all of you are." I hugged myself, "If I went through with this, I'd really miss you guys. A lot!" I closed my eyes, "So why? Why am I trying to convince myself that this is what I should do? When it's not what I want!?" I heard Otoya's shoes clack against the tile floor when he came closer to hug me. "Tch! Don't hug me now that you've heard what you wanted!"

"But I'm happy." Otoya sat his chin on top of my head, "I'm glad that...I'm not the only one who would be affected by not seeing everyone anymore. I've felt for a while now that we've all become closer than friends since meeting each other. That we all have a stronger connection than that. It's something that, I can't seem to easily forget. And that's why I want this. I want things to work out for all of us, Me-chan!"

"Me too!" I finally hugged the redhead back when he squeezed me tighter, "Alright! I'm in!"

Otoya pulled back quickly, "Yes! Me-chan wants to stay with us! Woohoo!" He picked me up by the waist and spun me around one time and put me down. I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Eh hem." Leon's appearance parted the two of us like the red sea. "I'm sorry to disturb your very loud, dramatic, noise-disturbing reunion like this, but since the eagle is now safety in transit, I can finally take you both back to the academy." Leon pushed his sunglasses down on his face. "Yes, Otoya-kun. You're riding with us."

"Oh! Thank you!" He bowed respectfully. "I appreciate it!"

"Yeah, we should get going." I dried my face with my sleeve. "I have somewhere to go after this."

"Huh?" Otoya blinked naively. "Where?"

"You still have two more people to convince right?" I smiled, "Leave the convincing to me~!"

_____________

"No."

"But Jinguji~!"

"I can't do it."

"Can't or won't!?"

"...I'm sorry, Lady. But won't." Ren leaned over the dock away from me. In that fated spot by the lake, I found Ren moping by himself. I took it upon myself to try and convince him about the group audition without any backup, thinking he'd hear me out. And well, he did. He just said no. I plopped onto the same beside him at the dock's edge. "Ah ah. Don't do that. Sliding closer to me isn't going to make me change my mind."

"Then am I supposed to give up on you then? I didn't before. Neither did the others." I held my knee.

"The timing and reason were different." Ren told me, "You guys put me back on track from throwing my life away. Now you all are pulling me in a different direction entirely. And I don't like it."

I combed a hand through my hair, "Is there really nothing I can say?"

He twisted a flower from the grass in his hand, "Nope."

"What are you so afraid of?" Ren blinked, "I've never seen you back down from a challenge before. It's kind of disappointing."

Ren made a harsh, unimpressed grin on his face, "That's a funny statement coming from you. Ichi." I turned around to see Tokiya standing less than a yard away from us. "I'm not afraid. I'm just being reasonable. Out of character, I know. But this is my future we're talking about."

"Ren. Come on. I've gotten to know you for a while now. I know you aren't that selfish." Ren's eyebrow tilted, "Your future isn't the only one on the line here."

"That maybe so, but I'm only in control of mine. You've all made your own decisions. Which reminds me. Why are you out here bothering me? Aren't you going to your "brother's" agency? And taking the Lady with you?" Ren turned slightly to glare at him, "You calling me selfish, is pretty conceited, "HAYATO-kun"~!" Ren threw a pebble that was near his hand at Tokiya's feet. Tokiya narrowly dodged the attack. "You handle your life, and I'll handle mine. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to continue wallowing alone thank you." Ren gave me a look too, "And that's to both of you."

With a sigh, I stood up and walked to the back of the dock. "Well looks like my plan failed," I whispered to Tokiya. "What are you doing here? This convo probably would have gone better if you hadn't shown up."

"What are you talking about? As far as I'm concerned, if I hadn't shown, the "convo" would have ended much earlier." Tokiya folded his arms. "Did you not hear what he said? He's wallowing. We have him right where we want him."

I tilted my head up to him, "We?"

He tilted his head down to me, "Yes. We."

My eyes twinkled, "Then that means~!"

Tokiya chopped me in the forehead, "Don't get too excited. 6 out of 7 isn't bad. But 100% is a better goal." His distant glare focused on Ren. "And we're running out of time."

"Well, all things considered, I think we're on the right track wouldn't you say?" I smiled.

"Shining is...going to kill us when he finds out about this..."

"Eh-hem!?" We peered at Ren. "Hello? Did you not hear me before? Self-wallowing going on here! Peace and quiet needed! Go do that somewhere else!"

Before he had said that, I had started to think Ren was a lost cause. But after those words, Tokiya and I both knew. Ren was willing to be swayed. He was just being stubborn. The two of us looked at each other. "Wanted, not needed." Tokiya muttered with a smile. "Follow my lead." Tokiya got close to Ren on the dock. He then turned around and fell against Ren's back. Ren wobbled but caught himself.

"Ichi! What the heck!?" I slipped in between them on Ren's right and laid my head on his shoulder. "The Lady too? What's gotten into you both!?"

"Ren. Can you really go back to the life you were living before, without giving this idea a shot? If it works, it will change your life."

"If it doesn't, my life will stay the same! Now both of you quit this!"

"I don't think so." I said and he looked at me, "Whether things work out or not, I think that something will change for all of us by the end of this. And that's that we'll have each other to fall back on."

"You two are leaving! LEaving!" Ren exclaimed.

"Nah. We've been sucked in by the power of friendship." Tokiya deadpanned.

Ren's eyes rolled to the back of his head, "...Seriously?"

"That's right Ren," I gave him a smile, "You're the only one not joining the party now."

"Ren~" Tokiya nudged him endearingly. Ren turned to his left. "Come to the dark side." Tokiya winked. Ren choked.

"That's right!" I played along, "Give yourself to us! Jin~gu~ji!"

"...W-Wah...What type of argument is that?" Ren let out an uncomfortable laugh.

"One that can sway your burning heart." Frown lines plagued his forehead. "Ren! Come on! Rejoin the squad! Please! Please Please Please?!"

"She's begging politely." Tokiya smiled childishly, "You aren't going to deny the request of a lady, would you?"

"This is the most annoying I've ever seen you to."

"Oh. We can get more annoying." I poked Ren. "Join us." I poke him again, "Join us."

Ren shuddered, "Stop."

Tokiya poked him some, "Join us. It is now the only option." A flurry of pokes insued. It was funnier knowing that Ren wasn't ticklish, so the pokes were literally only annoying him.

"Alright!" Ren pushed Tokiya back and crawled up the dock. "Unbelievable! Absolutely, unbelievable, you two!"

"Well, now you know what happened to me. And how they changed my mind." Tokiya swung his legs back on top of the dock before he could fall.

"No way. They did that to you?!"

Tokiya deflated, "They really are an annoying group of individuals. I really am scared for the future."

Ren stood up and helped us both up, "Well you better get used to it. Because it sounds like you'll be dealing with us for a long time, Ichi!"

"So you're really gonna do it?!"

"You mean this actually worked on you?" I kneaded Tokiya in the stomach.

"Yeah, I guess. It seems I won't be giving up, on this group after all." I hugged Ren around the waist and he held me back. "But I expect all of you to hold yourselves accountable. If we do this, everyone better be all in!"

"You got it! Just wait until the others find out!" My phone rang as soon as I said that. "What timing~Hello? Otoya? Guess what!?"

"~! Me-chan, where are you right now?!"

My smile dropped, "Out by the pavilion, with Ren and Tokiya. Are you okay!?" The two boys looked at me worriedly.

"I'm fine. But it's the headmaster...the group audition...You gotta meet everyone down at the heliport at the back of the school! Shining's leaving the school for a festival and won't be back until auditions forms are due!"

"Oh, damn~that means we've got to get to him now!"

"Yes!" Otoya yelled, "Natsuki and I are going for some band equipment. Get up here as fast as you can!"

"We're on our way!" I looked to the guys and started jogging, "We've gotta go!"

"I'll tell Tsubasa to look out for you guys! Please hurry!" I ended the call and began a run.

"Lady?!"

"What's going on!?"

"It's now or never. Right now, it's now or never!"

Ren grinned, "Say no more! We're with you!"

_____________

'What are we doing?'

'All he has to do is say no. And it's over.'

"No one said this heliport was all the way at the back of the school!"

"We've run at least an acre by now, right? Where the hell is it?!"

"Stop...sweating the...small stuff! Just keep moving!"

'Everything that's happened up until this point. Every rule broken, every obstacle passed. Convincing Ren, convincing Tokiya, convincing me. It will be all for not.'

"Okay, maybe your right. This is pretty far. I may not have enough energy left to sing~!"

"Ha...Not a good sign for a future idol. That means you should be training your body more."

"That's something I never want to hear from you, Ichi!"

I looked up ahead, "Hey! There's Tsubasa!"

"KaSakura-senpai! Jinguji-senpai! Ichinose-senpai!" We came to a stop and took a breather. "Otoya told me what happened! You guys are almost there! The port is that way, down the hall, and up the staircase!"

"You sure there's...not anymore?" Tokiya heaved, "We've basically lapped around the school."

"We'll manage!" Ren snapped. "Let's go!"

"You guys can do it! Fighto!"

"Right!" We continued the uphill journey. Suddenly, a sharp corner came up. Tokiya and Ren both passed it skillfully, but I felt an intense sting course through my leg at the sharp pivot. I kneeled on the ground in pain.

"Melody!"

"Lady! Are you okay?" I blinked at how quickly they had knelt down in front of me.

"Ah...I overworked my body from auditioning for people today. I must have sprained a muscle or Charly horsed. I dunno. Either way, my leg's given out." I massaged it a little.

Tokiya peeked up, "The heliport is just above us, but I can hear the helicopter wings going."

"We've gotta move." Ren extended his back to me. "Hop on."

"Ren!" I cried hugging him around his neck. He held my thighs at his waist and steadied me before moving again. Tokiya followed behind him.

Tokiya's eyelids lowered, "That's the fast you've run this whole time."

"Don't get jealous, Ichi. You saw what happened." Ren stuck his tongue out playfully in his direction.

"Jealous?" Tokiya huffed, "As if."

'So why are we convincing ourselves to go through with this? Because of a dream?'

"In more ways than one, My Princess."

"Cecil?" As Ren got to the top of the staircase, Tokiya passed him to push open the doors. At that moment, almost in slow motion, I had seen Cecil's image lounging casually on the railing by the doorway. He only smiled and gave me a small wave as we passed by. He disappeared just before the doors closed. Tokiya or Ren didn't even seem to have noticed, so it had to have been just me.

"T-Tokiya~!"

"What?"

"I think I need therapy." Tokiya's eyebrows dipped confusingly.

"Let's all look into some after we try throwing our lives away." His response was just what I needed. We could hear Shining and the others arguing over the heliport engine as we approached them.

"Please listen to our song!"

"Are all of you insane? Leave this place at once!" Shining tried to wave them off. "I warned you all about breaking the rules! I have no choice but to fail~!"

"If you're going to fail us~!"

"~do it after you hear the song!"

"Shining!"

Haruka and the boys saw us approach, "Jinguji-san! Ichinose-san! Me-chan! You made it!"

Tokiya and Ren helped me get back on the ground safely, "It's not over till it's over! We were told to fight!"

Ren tapped the top of Haruka's head, "Don't get the wrong idea, Little Lamb. When this is all over with, I still want you to choose me!" He winked.

Tokiya hmphed crossing his arms, "Unbelievable."

Haruka was about to cry, I held her shoulder for support. "Shining! Cut the engines already, and listen to this future banger of a song!"

"Oh my..." Shining muttered in surprise. "I thought I told you both to leave."

"You should know from experience, we're all too stubborn for that!" Tokiya shouted with confidence. Ren and I sweatdropped. "Come on Headmaster, you know of Nanami's talent. Why wouldn't you entertain the concept brought forth to you?!"

"There's no way we could stay away!" Ren threw away the flower he had kept in his pocket for dramatic effect, "We were fated to be here~like in a dream!"

"Ren..." I smiled. So he had been there too. Then...everyone must have. Now I had no doubt left in my mind. "If you don't hear this song now, you'll regret it for the rest of your life! Take the shot on us, Shining!" The three of us bowed. The others followed our lead.

"We finished it!"

"So please hear our song!"

"Hear our songggg! Headmasterrrr!"

The helicopter engine cut off. Shining was giving us a chance. "Two minutes!"

Haruka scurried to hand us our sheet music. Natsuki set up the keyboard. Syo went over last-minute changes with us. "We're all glad you came." Masato said taking his place next to Ren.

"Today, I'll let that comment slide." He gave him a smirk. Masato closed his eyes to stop himself from rolling them.

Otoya made space for me, "Here goes nothing! Our shot to the future!"

I bumped his shoulder, "Let's claim our destiny!"

All: saa Let's Song!

yume o utaou! (Let's Shout!)

sora ni utaou! (Let's Go!)

HAJIkeru monogatari ni shichaimashou!

mirai no chizu o! (Yes Yes) kimi to egakou!

kono REBORYŪSHON (We Are)

IKImashou! (STARISH)

ai o Change The Star!

Check It Out!

Otoya: GiriGiri na mune no kodou

Tokiya: Uh Baby gouin ni naru koi no shoudou

Melody: docchi o erabu, PURINSESU?

All: KURAKURA chichau kurai! 1000% LOVE!

Ren: naze ka?

Masato: kimi de

Ren: afureteru!

Masato: kokoro

Ren: sawagu!

Masato x Ren: fushigi na RAVE!

Natsuki: mada minu seiza o,

Syo: futari de tsumuide!

Natsuki: KISU yori

Syo: sugoi,

Natsuki x Syo: uta de sekai o tsukurou!

All: saa Let's Dance!

yume o odorou! (Let's Shout!)

sora ni odorou! (Let's Go!)

yarisuginakurai ga ii sa!

junbi wa OK?

ichikai kiri no (Yes Yes) SUPESHIARU jinsei!

kyoukasho ni wa (We Are)

nottenai! (STARISH)

ai o Change The Star!

Check It Out!

koyoi wa hora futari de! 1000% LOVE!

It came out so naturally. It felt...magical. We were meant to sing this song.

The song that we had just sung, was definitely the one we had heard in that last dream. Seeing each other's expressions confirmed it. That moment had convinced us all. What had just sung wasn't just a song, it was a divine miracle.

We all huffed, out of breath. Shining had fallen to the ground. "Headmaster! Are you okay!?"

"...What is the title of that song?" We looked to Haruka, but she blankly stared back at us. Shining stood up and the engines kicked once more.

"Wait, Headmaster!"

"A SERIOUS LOVE!" We were all taken aback by his sudden wholehearted shout, "That music was so good, it sent me reeling back in waves! I loved it not 100% but 1000%! The title WILL be MAJI LOVE 1000%! If you thought of any other title, too baddddd, because that is what it is!" Shining practically jumped into his helicopter and flew away in it laughing hysterically.

"He...liked the song..."

"~YESSSSS!" Otoya yelled with his fists in the air, "We can sing this song as a group for the graduation audition now!"

"We actually did it...and he approved!" Syo threw a fist into the air, "ALRIGHT! YESSSS!" He hugged Otoya with peeking tears. Masato and Natsuki fist-bumped and Nanami cried. Ren, Tokiya, and I collapsed on the ground.

"Ah! You guys!?"

"Are you okay?!"

Ren smirked, "Hah...It turned out to be worth it."

"Hah...Told ya." Tokiya huffed.

"Whatever." Ren huffed back.

I leaned on their shoulders, "From here on out...let's actually...just believe in them. Okay?"

"~Agreed." Otoya and Natsuki helped us back up and prompted us all to try deep breathing. But then Haruka tackled me in a hug and a whole round of hugs ensued. So that didn't really happen haha.

I looked up to see the crescent moon of nighttime above us, "Onto reclaiming our future then. I guess."

_____________

Tomo: Believe in the music! UTAPRI!

_____________

MPK: I made Haruka more hyper in this chapter just because I can lol. Hope you like the chap~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 27 89
~ Stories that I created based on images of Utapri or songs. ~ Started at: @_haruka.nanami on Instagram ~ I also post them on @ _utapri.stories on In...
319K 9.9K 48
A girl named Melody comes to Saotome Academy with her best friend Nanami Haruka. Both of them strives to become professional composers but Melody has...
18.3K 434 13
Shiori Minami, a first year in senior high, won a month-long workshop with STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT at Saotome University at a music composition com...
32.6K 724 24
This is a story where Quartet Night have their own composer who had finally came back from London for work. What will happen when Starish meets her f...