Alexandra Weasley: Book 6

By LivingTheDeadLife

Book 6 Voldemort's back. Publicly, this time. And as she discovers more about her own family, Alex finds hers... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

2

759 36 42
By LivingTheDeadLife

"Can I trust you?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Depends, are you evil?"

"I wrote to Dumbledore first." He took a seat on the edge of the bed. She sat on the chair by the desk.

"Oh for god's sake, you're not too bright, are you?" She asked. She pulled out her wand and he reached for his, staring at her warily. After a quick wave, she set her wand back down. "Eavesdroppers. If you're going to say something sensitive- which I'm sure it'll be since it involves Dumbledore, always keep up a privacy charm. It's, like, rule number five on staying alive."

"What are rules one through four?"

"You first. Why were you writing to Dumbledore from South America?" She switched to Portuguese as an extra precaution.

"Because Voldemort killed my grandfather's sister." He replied in his native language.

"You're not scared to say his name."

"I have no fear of the monster. Only hatred."

"There isn't anyone who hasn't lost someone by his hand."

"You lost someone?"

"My boyfriend, Cedric. Voldemort had his pet kill him when he came back."

"I heard about that."

"People usually want to stay as far from him as possible. South America's pretty well removed. Why would you come here?"

"My grandfather was British. He and his sister went to Hogwarts together. She was a Slytherin and he was a Hufflepuff. Whatever that means." Pedro shrugged. "They got older, grew a little apart. My grandfather met my grandmother, and she met him."

"Oh my god, no. Stop. Stop right there." She shook her head, switching to English. "Don't say any more."

"She loved him and he killed her." He finished.

"You're here for revenge?"

"Yes."

"He took a lot from me. Voldemort. When he killed Cedric, he took away so much of me, I was too afraid to be myself. And that's when we met. When I wasn't myself. When I was a version of me who was young and innocent and blissfully unaware of the hurt of the world." She said. "Are you willing to die in your pursuit for vengeance?" She asked and he shrugged.

"My parents died before I could talk. My grandfather was all I knew."

"Is he gone?" Pedro nodded. "I can't be your friend. I cannot afford to get to know you and befriend you if you're going to get yourself killed. I can't lose any friends and you're being reckless. You're not willing to fight to live."

"I understand."

"I should... go home. My brothers will be expecting me." She turned and left out the door. As soon as she was in the landed she apparated away to her brothers' flat.

"Alex. Didn't expect you for a while." Her brothers must have heard the telltale crack from her apparition.

"I need to talk to Hermione. I need privacy. I'm going to be in the bathroom with privacy spells up." She warned, before heading straight to the toilet. She locked the door and cast her charms before opening her bag and pulling out her mirror. She waited for Hermione to answer.

"Oh no, you look pale. What happened?"

"You remember Pedro?"

"The guy you flirted with for five seconds while you were Alexandra?" Alex gagged.

"I didn't flirt with him. And yeuch. We will forget any of that ever happened."

"What is it?"

"I think he's related to me. Second cousins. I'm eighty five percent sure."

"Holy cricket!" Hermione gasped. "What, you and- oh my god. Why would you think that?"

"Long story. And I can't do the avoidy thing properly because guess who's in London."

"Why is he in London? Matter of fact, why are you? Shouldn't you be at the burrow?"

"I'm with the twins at their shop. Met Megan today, remember?"

"Right, yeah. Why is he here?"

"He wants to help bring down Voldemort. He's been talking to Dumbledore. H, what if he joins the order?"

"Okay, one at a time. Is he an idiot? Why would he come to England to fight Voldemort? South America's pretty well removed."

"That's what I said!" Hermione smiled. "He wants revenge. Remember what happened to Morgana's mum?"

"Oh. Oh." She said. "Did he even know her? Isn't he too young to have met her?"

"It's the principle of the thing, I think. Family. I didn't know Morgana but I do want him to suffer for what he did to her."

"True, I guess." Hermione said, before giggling. "You have rotten luck. I can't believe the first guy you've even talked to since Cedric has turned out to possibly be your cousin." Alex groaned.

"We never talk about this again. I told him I couldn't be his friend since he's okay with dying and I'm not okay with losing a friend."

"Okay, see? You can avoid him."

"I can't wait to start Hogwarts. I miss Kichiro and Saphira, and Rani. Even Mars." There was a knock at the door and Alex shrugged. "Alright, I'd better go. The twins are going to need their bathroom back soon."

"Come pick me up a little earlier tomorrow, maybe nine?"

"Sure." Alex grinned. "See you." She put her mirror away, cutting her connection to Hermione. The twins were outside the door.

"That was a rather long use of the loo. Everything okay?"

"Pigs." She scoffed. "I already told you I was talking to Hermione."

"Alright, wanna help us out?"

"What, downstairs?" Fred nodded. "Love to!" She said, and followed her brother down.

Alex actually enjoyed working with her brothers. Just for a little while, it helped soothe her mind. That is, until a customer came in. George barely gave the man a second glance as he looked around but Alex stepped in his path.

"You must be lost." She stated as the man who'd plagued a good fraction of her nightmares stood before her.

"I don't believe I am." He said.

"Then get lost." She folded her arms across her chest.

"You know, part of business means not scaring away customers." George quickly cut in and tried to steer his sister away.

"We don't serve his kind." Alex told her brother. "He's a death eater."

"Then don't provoke him and let Fred and I handle it." George muttered, trying to put her behind him.

"Not this one." She refused to budge.

"Don't be stupid, Alexandra." Thorgil Griffiths said, as though he had a right. "It's only a matter of time before the right side triumphs. You know that."

"I know you're trespassing and I know that you are not welcome here." Within a second, her wand was in her hand. "Flipendo!" Griffiths flew back and the door opened, leaving him to fall back in the street. She turned her back and walked away.

"How did you know he was a death eater?" George followed after her, after casting a basic locking charm on the door and switching the sign to 'closed'.

"He was at the World Cup." She said. "I don't forget faces."

"How did he know your name?"

"Doesn't everyone? Didn't you guys put up my picture everywhere the year I was gone?"

"Why would he think you would join him?"

"I... have gotten offers."

"Offers? What, like, we here at death eater academy wish for you to join us. Please RSVP as soon as possible?" Alex sighed and stopped fiddling with the till. She cast a privacy charm.

"More like we're going to kidnap you and try to force you to accept your birthright."

"Alex-?"

"Call Fred, it's time we all had a chat."

A/N- So with Alex and Pedro... sweet home Alabama 😭 lmfao, jk jk. Alex has never had any proper romantic thoughts towards Pedro. She met him as Alexandra and she was in a very young mindset so no part of her liked him that way. Alexandra admired him, because he was educated and smart and loved potions like her, but never anything romantic. And after Alexandra, she didn't really talk to him. And, on his side, he has zero romantic feelings for her.

And also Alex is totally letting her family in one by one. I love it.

Favourite line is either the scene with Griffiths or "Oh for god's sake, you're not too bright, are you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 337 41
"He brought you in now, he made this now because something's coming we all know it, he knows it and he wants to best chance at winning." As another...
826 3 48
"You may believe yourself to be the rightful heir, but you are nothing more than a deceitful pretender, while I, the true heir, stand before you" Am...
224K 9.5K 130
Iris Rosier always believed she was the odd one out. She didn't share her family's beliefs and constantly felt as though she was different from them...
80.1K 2.2K 109
Not even the Youngest Descendant of Godric Gryffindor knew what was so special about her family's sword. The one that their useless fake had been mis...