YAMIRNA

By Blackmermaid44

A miracle is it is for yadava princess to luminate the burning gold. But how could he let the gloom fill his... More

Author's Note
ARRIVAL
THE ENTRY
PAIN
THOUGHTS
RETURN
DWARKA
YAJNASENI
SWAYAMVAR
INSULT
HASTINAPUR
RAJYASABHA
STUDENT
ALLIANCE
WAITING
TEMPLE
ABDUCT
SHOCK
REALIZATION
ALONE
READY
WORDS
TASK
WIN
REJECTION
MARRIAGE
FAREWELL
ANGA
START
MESSAGE
SORROW
FAINTED
GUILT
APOLOGY
ADVISE
MISSING
TALK
INDRAPRASTHA-1
INDRAPRASTHA-2
INDRAPRASTHA-3
INDRAPRASTHA-4
PROMISE
SISTER
GUESTS
STALKING
BROTHER
DECISION

MEETING

2.9K 131 9
By Blackmermaid44

Not wasting a moment the troubled princess ran upstairs and shocked on seeing her aunt coming from the right direction. She ushered herself to left side and hid behind a huge pillar in hope to avoid meeting anyone and embarassing herself. Her gaze went outside and her curious eyes shone on seeing the same warrior earlier from the arena stepping down from that chariot.

Kunti were dejected on not finding her long lost son at the party venue and as if to lighten up her mood there he is.....she need this, atleast she could stay around and know him more.

Karna's gaze were soft on finding the rajmata at the entrance. He took slow yet steady steps towards her with a gentle smile. Kunti felt her throat getting dried and losing all strength.
Yadavi peeked the duo with curiosity pooled eyes.

Karna greeted the royal lady," Pranipat rajmata....."

Kunti's chest were heaving up and down....no words came out. He gave a knowing smile at her silence saying ," Don't be angry with what happened today!! I don't...."

She cut him off with a stutter, " Am...am not angry....s...so..son!!  "

That soft smile didn't left his face as he said ," You are so kind rajmata!! Just like my Radhamaaa....."

Kunti didn't knew what should she feel about the situation....she couldn't reveal anything out of nowhere to him. He...he do have a family....he is happy where he is now....right??
Yet she picked the line of sorrow on his eyes at the mention of his radhamaa...

She asks, " You okay putr??? "

Karna blinked at her....she calling him putr felt oddly good to him. Maybe that's what have made him share the reason of his agony, " I have always given up something to achieve my dreams and this time I have to leave behind my family to embrace the acceptance of society!!! "

A soft heart who happens to be hear it felt sad for him....poor him. And she ducked herself more into the shades on seeing panchapandavas coming.

Kunti were almost to caress her first son's hair in a way to console him when a voice stopped her, " Mata...is this sutaputr troubling you?? "

She turned to Bheem who were glaring at the king of Anga. She became stone cold in a moment. What on earth her kids doing?? They buying enmity?? As far as she saw today suryputr is hard to deal with....one real angry bull.....

Arjun mocked, " Calm down bhrata Bheem..... Being kind is in nature of our mother....

But mata be nice to those deserved!!  "

Nakul joined ," And sure king of Anga is not the one who deserves!! "

Rest of them started to laugh making kunti gulp and Yudhishtir interfered," Stop it!! Pardon us Angaraj!! You may go!! "

The girl behind the pillar scrunched her face at the snarky remarks and karna were silent with a smirk. It's not so of him to go without giving an answer. And sure he did, " Noble birth maybe your pride and yes....soon that pride will be crushed by my foot....the day is not so far!! "

Arjun said angrily ," Am waiting for that day to show your real place!! "

Kunti paled and karna scoffed at the young princes provoking them all. Yudhishtir took the lead to leave first by taking his mother's shoulder gently ," come mata....."

Rest of the Pandavas followed after passing a glare at the new enemy.
Kunti meekly looked back all helpless...

One astonished witness of the little talk between them waited for the last person to leave....so she can run to her chamber or get back her uttariya....

She sank more into the dark seeing him approaching and she waited patiently for the moment his steps pass her to go to the venue.....she gulped as those footsteps rumbling high as their distance decreasing......

She released a breath that she didn't knew were holding all these while as soon as he passed the pillar where she hid. But before she could process what's happening she swept off the floor by a pair of strong arms that held her shoulders either side and slammed to the palace walls harshly making her wince in pain. Hey eyes were closed in shock and she slowly opened it to welcome the much awaited embarrassment only to see an flabbergasted newly made King. Her black doe eyes connected with the shining hazel orbs not before taking a good look of his glowing face with shock written all over.

He never in dreams thought it is a girl who were behind that pillar all these time....yes he knew someone intruding them from the beginning. That too this young and beautiful girl....his heart behaving weirdly at those soft features of her's  and those eyes.....they are deep black which pulling his soul into it's depth....

Their eyes remain locked for god knows how long and karna volunteered to broke it off making her jump back to reality. She squirmed under his hold and he with a tight lip slowly released her. She were quick to sped away only to get stopped by him blocking her way with crossed arms on his chest and a raised brow...

Poor girl became a puddle of nervousness and tried to shield her chest and thin waist with her arms. Then only he noticed the girl is in just skirt and blouse....upper garment is missing. He averted his gaze away from her soft yet tempting figure to ask, " Who are you girl and what's the reason you appeared like this?? "

She shivered at the strong deep voice  and stammered ," I...i am a friend of...pri..ncess Dushala!!! "

Karna didn't took it well and doubted, " You were eavesdropping us......tell the truth!! Who are you?? "

She became offended at that," What...I didn't overhead anything!!!! "

Karna gave a mock glare before questioning , " Then why were you behind that pillar???? "

Annoyed princess hurriedly said ," Really...just look at me, How can I come infront of people like this?? "

His gaze went to her body and the next moment she regretted those words. Both quickly turned away making both stand in a back to back pose. Yamika were crying inside....the embarrassment she buying herself is not so little.....she will drown dwarka in shame.

After a moment's silence karna turned to have her so close to his chest. Her luscious hair were dripping water and then only he took in the heavy aroma of night jasmine that looming around them. Gulping hard he asks,
" Where is your uttariya ???? "

Her eyes widened realising how close they are and just pointed her index finger outwards taking a step away. He saw it outside and without further questioning brushed past her..... something is not right, why he is nervous??

She blinked her eyes furiously and shaking her head left to take her uttariya. But before she could grab it the wind again deceived her that it flew away. She frowned and mumbled, " Bhrata's gift is more mischievous than himself!! "

She ran behind it making her hair weave around her hip. As if reaching the destiny that thin piece of cloth slowly descended down covering the face of karna who were walking away. And the girl couldn't stop herself from bumping to the hard chest that was on her path. She hissed and rubbed her forehead in pain. He could see her through the thin piece of cloth and an amused line grazed his face. He slowly removed it from his face figuring out what just happened.

Seeing him again she were wondering why the ground didn't yet swallowed her. He asks Concerned, " You fine??? "

She frowned and took her shawl from his hand before running away not wanna embarrass herself anymore. He smiled the girl who clumsily hurrying away thinking ," crazy girl... though beautifully crazy one.... Oh god!! Those eyes!! "

Karna stood there without moving even after she long gone from his sight. A hand on his shoulder brought him back to the world and found his mitr with a teasing grin.

Ofcourse he teased,  " Mitr.....how could you dream with open eyes?? "

Karna flustered ," Nothing mitr!! Let's.... let's go!! "

Duryodhan nodded and they left to the party with Dushasan and Shakuni tailing them.

************************************

After setting herself appropriate as her sister told yamika walked to the party hall with a dreamy look....her mind invaded with a certain handsome face. She chose to ignore the awkward meeting for her own peace of mind.

When she reached the party venue almost everyone were present except him and his friends. Her curious eyes caught a huge blushing competition between her sister and Prince Arjun..... interesting. Other pandavas and dushala had a teasing smile on their face already accepting the very soon budding something special.

Nakul suggested with a wink, " Bhrata Arjun why don't you sing that favourite song of yours for this special night!! Let the whole world know you are best in everything!! "

Dushala and others insisted him the same. He were hesitant yet nodded after looking subhadra who shyly gazed down.

Yamika came infront by asking, " Can I join you?? I would like to play Veena!!! "

Pandavas looked each other at the new face and subhadra cleared their doubt, " She is my younger sister!! "

All five of them smiled wholeheartedly in welcome. But a certain handsome prince's eyes shone a little extra...

Soon their collaborative musical performance started....Arjun and yamika were at the center of the sabha where all musical instruments arranged. Now all eyes were on them......they both could get all attention even if they stay idle all the time there and here they are going to give away one unforgettable performance to the audience. After nodding each other Arjun started to sing....

Despite being the rough warrior he grown into his voice were soft and melodious, his gaze fixed on elder princess of dwarka.....that soft emotion on his eye were so visible to others. While lean soft white fingers ran through the strings of Veena to complement Arjun's voice. Her eyes were closed and were passionate about what she doing....she were so immersed in the music......

Their music came to an halt and no one knew it already got end. Claps of appreciation filled the hall making Arjun smile wide and yamika with a soft smile opened her eyes only to met them with a pair of hazel orbs that were staring at her with an unreadable emotion. He looked away....he never thought he will be welcomed by the sight of that girl playing Veena beside Arjun...He enjoyed it....it was so pleasing for his eyes and ears of she playing Veena.

Kunti saw her first born and moved beside him with her sakhi priyamavadha to spend her time near him as much as she can. Jyesht kaurava who stood on the other side with karna noticed the two new girls, one who were on stage with Arjun and middle pandava is literally drooling over the other one.......

He asks to his sister ,"  Dushala.... who are they??  "

Dushala answered all excited," Jyesht, this is my best friend Subhadra, Princess of Dwarka..... And that is her sister Yamika Devi, Younger princess of Dwarka...

They are the sisters of famous vasudev sreekrishna and mahabali balram!! And our chotimaa is their aunt!! "

Duryodhan doesn't liked the information of them being cousins of pandavas though he greeted them. Whereas one heart almost stopped in shock. Karna's gaze went to yamika who greeting his mitr.....

He mumbled her name under his breath," Yamika Devi "

He never considered the idea of she being a princess. Ofcourse she is a princess....that beauty won't bloom in mud. But he couldn't comprehend the disappointment on his chest....maybe...maybe cause she is one among those royals.... little cousin of his enemies....

His chain of thoughts interrupted by the conversation of Rajamata beside him with another lady.

" Devi Kunti.....it would be better if you find brides for your elder sons!!!

Arjun seems so bewitched by Subhadra's beauty!! ", Priyamvadha were laughing afterwards.

Kunti smiled at her and said looking all her sons, " They just returned!! When the time is right....I will get Subhadra and Yaamii married to Arjun and Nakul!!! "

Weird..yes, that's what radhanandhan felt hearing that. A weird feel of upset formed on his chest. And it only rose hight at the sight of that girl...no....that princess laughing at something said by fourth pandava. His face became blank and left to his mitr who aided him to dining area....suyodhan found him absent minded and karna brushed off him saying nothing. After dinner he didn't stayed there long.... making some excuse he left the palace even after suyodhan repeatedly said to stay at palace. Promising he will be back at morning he excused himself from his friend not knowing one big doe eyes were in search of him.....she too didn't knew what's that weird feeling in her heart on not finding him anywhere............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 354 18
[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] Cover credits-@KanhaiyakiSakhi9112 Book one of AaVan's tale. Mahabharara, an epic that teaches us about justice , sacrifices...
10.3K 500 27
Kabir chandel, the man of words who find his morning in her, but the sins he committed made him the most terrifying person for her. Aamahra Chauhan w...
31.6K 3.5K 45
SHO HASEENA MALLIK (HM)- Station House Officer of Mahila Police Thana. She is on post of Inspector. Always solves cases with emotions and smartness...
Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

47.7K 2.2K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...