QUARTET ALLIANCE: LEND A HAND...

By myjflower_101

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Way out
Chapter 2: Donuts
Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words
Chapter 4: Don't Believe Me
Chapter 5: You've Seen It
Chapter 6: Rich Cousin
Chapter 7: New Disaster
Chapter 8: First Blaze
Chapter 9: Second Blaze
Chapter 10: Memorandum
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: Library
Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness
Chapter 14: Rising Restlessness
Chapter 15: We're Not in Love
Chapter 16: Beg No Avail
Chapter 17: Word Of Honor (Horror)
Chapter 18: False Incrimination
Chapter 19: Inner Clash
Chapter 20: Dangerous Throwback
Chapter 21: Enclose a Beginning
Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings
Chapter 23: Blague
Chapter 24: D.I.M 2
Chapter 25: Royal Scheme
Chapter 26: Traitor
Chapter 28: Divulge A Mystery
Chapter 29: Random Ransom
Chapter 30: Hope
Chapter 31: Piping Blather
Chapter 32: Exchange
Chapter 33: Depraved Affection
Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne
Chapter 35: Insentient Love
Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow
Chapter 37: Haunting Progress
Chapter 38: Helpless
Chapter 39: Garden of Myths
Chapter 40: Lie to me
Chapter 41: Unruly Inferior
Chapter 42: A Year
Chapter 43: Traitor In a Dilemma
Chapter 44: World Disasters
Chapter 45: Killing Machine
Chapter 46: King of Veracity
Chapter 47: Progress
Chapter 48: One Team
Chapter 49: This Isn't You
Chapter 50: Rekindling Connections
Chapter 51: Buried Truths
Chapter 52: Verdict of Fury
Chapter 53: The Pendant
Chapter 54: Welcome Back Micheal
Chapter 55: My Name
Chapter 56: Risk
Character Q&A: Getting to Know the Cast
Character Q&A: Your Questions Answered
Chapter 57: Tension
Chapter 58: The Retrial
Chapter 59: Cutie
Chapter 60: Stirrings Of The Soul
Chapter 61: Sealed It
Chapter 62: Only You Babe
Chapter 63: Stay Away
Chapter 64: Deceptive Royal Guard

Chapter 27: Micheal

7 3 10
By myjflower_101

All of this was a mystery to him in the beginning. It was unusual and bizarre, but somehow, there was a way that connected him to all the reality of it all. One string that was tied strongly on someone close to him made all the information that everyone sought for drain out of that person, along the thin string, and all the way to him.

Once he obtained it, it was very clear what he should do next. What he would do next. However, what the enemy would do was unknown and that's was lead him to this fate.

Have you ever been told to achieve your goals?

Many times, actually. That's what he would've answered, but it wasn't someone that told or persuaded him to achieve his goals.

It was no one but himself.

And that was a huge, huge mistake because he was too blind and careless to dread over his thoughts for a second time or to take a second look at the string that he trusted so much.

If he would have just noticed it more clearly or looked a little harder, then that fate would've have been evitable.

Because along the end of that string, was a fittingly played out plan awaiting him and the accreditation of his death.

——

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

6:45 P.M

-California-

Cicero unconsciously threw his phone to the other side of the room. The device crashed with the wall facing him and shattered into pieces, but he didn't care. He cowered beside his nightstand and covered his face with his hands, silently sobbing. His hands traveled to his head and grasped onto his green locks with tightly.

This is all my fault.

It's all my fault.

His body shook with each cry that escaped him and he knew he shouldn't cry this hard because it would shorten his breathing and trigger his asthma, but, he couldn't think. Cicero bit his lip as frustration flowed through him, midst his sorrow and defeat, it was an awful feeling. His head hurt from how hard he pulled on his hair and his deep grieve.

It's been about two hours since he was given a promise that he'll be gotten back to later, but it was way too long.

In the first twenty minutes, he did get a little worried, since Micheal always got back to him very quickly, but brushed it off as maybe the brunet faced a slightly harder mission than usual. After some time, his uneasiness increased by every tick of the clock. This isn't what they agreed on.

Two hours was too long and he only came to only one conclusion. He didn't need to be told about it, because he already knew.

If only I didn't advocate that plan,

If only I had stayed silent or kept him out of my conjectures,

None of this would've happened.

——

"Cicero!"

The green head winced when the other shouted his name through the phone. He spaced out during a conversation because he was in deep thought. He apologized to Micheal.

"What were you saying again?" Micheal asked.

"I said that you have history with who's behind all of this," Cicero started, trying to simplify his words, "Your dad worked for a royal prince long ago, right?"

"I mean I can't be sure of that. I always thought it they were just fake stories to impress me," Micheal reasoned, "But, it can't be ignored with what's happening right now."

"Okay, let's try to match the dots," Cicero suggested, "Cesal is a weird guy with weird powers. He for sure isn't a normal human being, correct?"

"Well, yeah from what I've heard because I've never met this guy."

"He mentioned his master or his majesty. I will take an obvious hypothesis and say that's a royal. Now, how are you connected to this? Easy, your dad worked for a royal prince so it could be the same person that Cesal works for. You told me the whole story about how your dad saw the prince's evil deeds and his inhumane behavior. The prince longs to be king and your dad overheard his plan to murder the king. The prince also has a huge hatred towards animals. He would treat them wickedly and abuse all the castle's pets, how cruel. Now, this is where me and Zen make an appearance. Remember the cats we both saw? I'm going to say that has a connection with the pets being abused, but I don't know the details. I just know that it does. Does this make sense?"

"A lot, actually. What about the bombings?"

"That's why I've spaced out. I've been thinking about it. You know you should really go after them to make sure everything's fine," Cicero said.

"How? A black hole won't miraculously appear again," Micheal told him.

This phone call took place a few minutes after the black hole was gone. Micheal was lucky enough to not get sucked in with the others. It was a miracle he didn't, really. He was in a state of panic, but what made him not freak out too much was the fact that he was expecting this sooner or later.

He didn't warn no one.

Choosing Cicero was his best choice. The boy was very observant and his memory skills were no joke. He could've also picked Kazuo, but he didn't know much about the raven head. Although, he was sure that him and Zen would make a great team if the redhead is calm and rationally thinking.

"Can you tell me how exactly am I supposed to go after them?"

"I'm sure the answer is somewhere in your dad's room, office, etc."

"Sure. I'll call you when I find something."

____

He was right.

There was a huge clue that Micheal never noticed and it was in his dad's office. The last drawer was always locked and he didn't know where the key was. It was kind of stuipd to call the green head of where he might think they are or some good hiding spots.

'If I had a key that lead me to another place that no one knows about, I wouldn't hide the key, I would just keep it with me wherever I go.'

'Even the toilet?'

'Even the toilet.'

That's how their conversation went and now Micheal was seriously debating if he should break the drawer after the green head suggested it. Well, he didn't exactly say that. He told him to pick at the lock with a needle or something, but the brunet was the worst when it came to this type of stuff. After many failed attempts, this is the type of denouement he reached to.

Micheal never felt the same fear he felt when the office's door opened, indicating that someone else was in the house.

But who? His parents were on vacation and his older sister was abroad.

'Is this where it all ends?'

"Micheal?"

The brunet widened his eyes at the sight of his dad standing by the doorway.

"Hey, dad—"

"Dad?" Cicero asked on the other line, "He's here? You should give the phone to him if you want me to explain this. S'you can get out of it."

"No, thanks, Chouko. I'll handle it."

And the phone call ended.

"I know you were trying to open the drawer," His dad stated, his face didn't look angry at all, "And you had your friend on the phone to help you out because you're a idiot," His dad chuckled as walked closer.

Micheal didn't know how to react. Why was he not infuriated?

"Here. Let me help you out," The man pulled out a key from his back pocket and crouched down to open the drawer.

Two twists to the left and it opened with a clink. His dad reached out inside of the drawer. Way far in the back, he grabbed an object and pulled his hand out. It looked like those remote controls with only one button in the middle and they were usually in control of a huge invention or disaster that villains in television shows always wielded.

He handed it to the gaping brunet, "One press and you're in a different dimension. You up for it?"

Micheal hesitantly nodded while he took the remote from his dad. The scared part of him wished all of this was a dream and the moment he pressed the button, a bunch of confetti would fall from above and for everyone to say it was a joke as he wakes up, but the other part of him knew that even if it was a dream,

It would never go that far.

"You know, the prince is not an easy person," His dad smiled sadly, "I can't guarantee your survival, but I don't want you to think I made you miss a chance to save your friends."

Micheal nodded. Why was he tearing up?

He was going to come back,

Right?

"Knowing him, he doesn't get associated with people in our dimension for no reason or for fun. Your friends must be special and have some kind of superpowers, as crazy as that sounds. Try to avoid his underlings at all costs and don't get fooled," His dad hugged him, "This is me saying sorry if you don't come back. And if you do, then you should know that you're strong either ways and I love you, son."

"I love you too, dad. Tell mom and sis that I love them, just in case I die."

"I will, don't worry."

Micheal pulled away and wiped his tears. He took one last look at his father before pressing the button.

And no, it wasn't a dream.

——

That's where Cicero was updated to. The last thing he told him.

But, what happened to 'I'll give you a heads up?'.

The green head slowly lifted his head and he was sure he looked like a mess. He sniffed brokenly for a few minutes. His hands were still buried in his green locks. There was no guarantee of his Micheal's survival. His own dad said it. Like he was prepared for his son's death from the beginning.

But, Cicero wasn't.

He didn't know how he'd be able to live with himself from now on. The green head cursed himself for leading him on and for being an overthinker as well.

What if Micheal was everyone's last hope?

That would mean that they won't find a way out. They would just be walking around with their head's cut off.

The prince wouldn't spare them.

Not even that crazy bastard.

What if everyone dies in the end?

Kazuo, Rehan, Omi, Jiryu, and

Zen.

I don't think I can live if he dies too.

It'll be my fault.

I left and I didn't say a proper goodbye.

I would lose him.

My other half.

And I won't hesitate to take my life this time.

He wished for his brain to just shut down for a moment so he could collect himself, but his thoughts were getting worse the more he dwelled on it. He was nervously biting at his lip, his tears silently streaming down his face as he drowned in deep thought.

"Cicero! Come downstairs to eat!"

He heard his mom's voice call out to him, but not one attempt did he try to get up. He didn't want to face his parents, not today. They've been acting unworldly to their normal selfs ever since that day. They went missing and came back out of nowhere and neither of them would want to speak about it when Cicero tried to open the subject.

Even though his parents were right there with him. Inside the house and downstairs,

He felt cold, uneasy and alone.

____

A/N:

How's the angst?

Don't worry I'm only starting😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 1.5K 30
You are Y/n L/n and You were A Loser With No Family and no Friends Just going to school and having A Miserable existence or that was until you saved...
121 8 2
Is it true that there will always be someone who can light up someone's world when you're on your darkest days of your life or is it just a simple an...
7.3K 866 13
[Vᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ 1 - Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ] Evelyn White was born with a gift - or rather, a curse: the first time she touches someone, she sees when and how that person d...
1K 82 83
The world as we know it has come to an end... The human race has fallen to its dismay... There's zero hope of survival... The only sound that is comm...