Flames Of Life

By Chillzmillz

-I could feel the thunder inside my body. The shiver. My eyes turned into a bright shade of red. I could hear... More

Annoying Neighbor.
Mommy, I Made New Friends.
Ocean Eyes.
That Fake Friend.
The Nightmare.
A Terrible Dancer.
The After Party.
The Incident.
Meeting Her Again.
Stalker Move.
Camp Day.
The Wrong Way.
Belief.
Cocky Much.
Cabin No. 304.
Day 3.
Forgive Me, Please.

Truth Or Dare.

4 0 0
By Chillzmillz

Lisa's POV:

"But why was he alone?" Britts asks,  laying on her bed facing towards me, after I tell her how I accidentally ended up in his cabin all because of her.

"I don't know, Odd number of students I guess" I reply with uncertainty.

"Let's play truth or dare?" Layla suggests excitedly.

I give her an unexciting look as I play around with my cabin keys.

"Oh yeah, let's do it" Mia says as she jumps off her bed and comes towards where I and Brittney were sitting.

"I'm bored and can't sleep here so I'm in" Brittney says and all three girls look in my direction waiting for me to say yes.

"Nah, not truth or dare. This game is toxic" I laugh while I shake my head.

"Please, redhead, it'll will be fun trust me" Brittney insists making a puppy face.

"fine, I'm in" I sigh in defeat.

...

"I'm out!" I breath heavily as I hear their great plan.

"Why Lisa?" They all question together in sync.

"Look, it was fine before but I can't,  anymore"

It was all cool until they decided to call everyone else around to play. They went outside in the cafe hall dragging me from my both arms as I cry like a kid who doesn't want to go to school.

"We are not going to call everyone but just some few we know" layla states as she sit beside Mia on one of the chairs surrounding the long cafe table.

"What if the staff sees us and we get caught" I breath through my lungs as I sigh while sitting back in defeat.

"Stop making excuses to not play this game, be brave redhead! Besides, the whole staff is asleep after this tiring journey. I don't think they are ever gonna open their eyes until morning" She advices me as I think of another excuse to get the hell out of here.

"How about we play any other game like 20 questions" I suggest again as my last attempt of preventing the game to be played.

Now you know, how much I hate this game. I haven't had any good experiences with this game.

"Trust us, it'll be fun I have called omer and his friends they are on the way, you guys can call your friends too" says Mia as she checks the time from her phone.

Like I have friends.

"I'll call Nora and Sadie to see if they're awake and willing to come" Layla mumbles as she makes a call.

...

"Oh look everybody's here" Layla says as she claps her hands excitedly.

I look up to see who has come to play and spot a familiar face. Josh. I wave at him and he comes and takes a chair beside me.

We both smile at each other and then I see others. There was Omer, another guy that I didn't know the name of, and Andrew who I could tell was forced to come here with the tired look on his face and messy dark hair. I nudge Brittney's elbow pointing towards him.

She gives me a look of wide eyes but is blushing so I can't be serious.

Then I see Nora and Sadie catwalking towards us. They were in their shiny silk pink nightwear. They even have matching night suits? That's weird.

"Let's start the game, I'll spin the bottle" Mia takes up a spare glass bottle from canteen and places it on the table sideways.

"Sorry, I'm late" a familiar sound comes from behinds us. We turn around and see Daniel. He locks his gaze with me and suddenly, I don't know how to breath. He was in a grey t-shirt and looking stunning with his curly golden hair waving down on his eyes.

"Sup, bro?" Andrew waves at him and he removes his gaze from mine.

He takes a seat near Andrew which is exactly on my opposite. I watch him shame-fully admiring his beauty while he talks a bit to Andrew.

He runs a hand through as he laughs lightly. His smile is so precious. He starts playing with his silver thin chain that is effortlessly moving around his neck.

God, he is gorgeous. Okay Lisa you need to stop right now. This embarrassing.

Nora touches his arm and tries to talk to him. He seems a little annoyed but nonetheless, replies with a smile.

...

The game started and the bottles head pointed towards Omer in the first round. He chose truth so they asked him whom he loved most in his  life and he took Mia's name. They are adorable. Like, just date already!

I am praying that it never lands on me. My anxiety was increasing as every round passed.

Later, it landed on Josh. The previous turn was of Nora so she had ask. "Truth or dare, josh?" She asks with an evil smile on her face as she taps on  the wooden table with her fake nails.

"Dare" he picks after a pause.

"I dare you to kiss Lisa."

...

After an utter silence of realizing of what she just said. I turn to face Josh to see his reaction. Not what I expected, he stares at me nervously while slowly gets closer.

Oh shit! No.

I shift in fear in my chair and turn towards Daniel. His eyes on mine, waiting for my reaction. While I have literally no idea how to react or what to do.

I should not kiss him, It's my first kiss and I can't do it in a stupid game. I want it to be real. I don't know, what are Nora's intentions.

Daniel just stared at me bluntly it felt almost as he could stare into my soul. His stare was strong and brutal.

"We don't have the whole night, Do it!" Nora murmurs while Sadie scoffs.

I breath heavily as I glance Josh leaning closer to me.

"I'm done playing this game" Daniel mutters in a monotone and stands up quickly and disappears.

Soon, I realize Josh is only centimeters apart. He puts his hand on my cheek gently.

"I.. uh, can't do this. I'm sorry" I sigh silently and remove his hand from my face. I glare at Brittney one last time before I stand up.

I felt dizzy and lightheaded, I tried to contain my self. My chest was heaving hardly and before I could realize what was I doing, I knocked on his door.

I don't step back and keep Knocking on the door. "Daniel! Open the door" I yell.

I don't even know what am I going to say but it just feels right. I want to see him.

Why did he run away? Was it because of the dare or..?

"Dani-" he opens his door and I stop.

"What are you doing here?" He asks while looking down at the floor. He does not even glance at me for once.

"I uh.. Why did you quit the game?"

"Why are you here, shouldn't you be with your new boyfriend?"

"Who? He's.. not my boyfriend and we didn't even ki-" he interupts before I could finish my sentence.

"Lisa, I don't care. Why are you explaining it to me? And why do you always end up coming here, Why can't you just stay away from me?" He yells glaring at my face.

"I.." I was completely speechless after what he just said to me. He blamed me for all that happened.

"Leave me alone. I don't want to see you. I don't want you in my life, ever!"

I couldn't control my tears. I didn't want to cry over this silly thing but I just couldn't stop, it was hard. But I couldn't figure out what made him so upset, why did he say all those words to me.

"Fine, you blame me for this, huh? That I came closer to you and you didn't want me. What about you? You were so nice to me, you gave me hope that you could be my friend. You even trusted me.. and I- you told me about your father and, and all of a sudden.. Why couldn't you just stay away from me, if that's what you wanted? This is bullshit! You know what, you are just like your father. You blame him that he is selfish but so are you. You don't care for anyone, you don't see how anyone can be hurt by your words" I say while wiping my tears awkwardly.

"You don't know anything about my father."

"Well, I know you! And how you are so thoughtless and.. and cruel. No wonder your father left you" the words slip out of my mouth before I could hold them back, I realized it was too late.

He looks up to me with his blunt glare and looks at the floor again.

"Leave before I break your heart" he whispers in a hard tone.

I turn around and slam the door behind me. I don't know why I said that. It was ruthless. I cry going back to my cabin. I was hurt but I hated myself for what I just said. At this moment, I just want things to go back to normal and I wish I hadn't said it. I just splashed my anger over him because he told me to stay out his way. I guess, I was really scared of hearing that because I.. I loved him.

It is too late and there's nothing I can do about it.

I walk over my room as the cold breeze makes my throat dry. I yelled so hard that It was now hard to breathe.

"Lisa, You okay?" Layla asks as I enter the room.

"Yeah I'm fine. Good night" I say and turn the lights off as I lay on the bed.

I had lost my sleep and was whimpering the whole night.

I will never be able to forgive myself.

...

My eyes feel the strong sunlight as I open them. They were completely swollen because of constant crying last night. I still wish it was just a dream. I rub my eyes as I groan sitting up in my bed. Layla was still sleeping.

Suddenly there was knock on the door which wakes her up. I open up to see who is it. "Madam orders you to get ready before 8 and gather in the yard"  a young guy around my age states.

"Yeah, we will" I yawn as I close the door.
...

Everybody was gathered together in the ground. I still was looking for his golden hair and familiar face in the crowd but couldn't find.

"Lisa".

"Josh?" I recall the scene when I shoved him away, in my head as I see him.

"We need to talk" he says in serious tone. "Listen, I am so sorry about last night, I didn't know what I was thinking. I-" he apologizes.

"Josh, It's fine. I don't wanna talk about last night".

"Yeah.. yeah. But that doesn't affect our friendship, right?" He asks to make sure while shifting on his foot nervously.

"of course not" I say while looking around for Daniel.

"Cool."

...

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter well I did for sure. Lol.

Anyway, please vote for the story if you're interested.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100 0 15
Even from far away, all I could see was you. "Who is who?" Derek asked, unfazed, sipping on the remainder of his protein shake from class. ...
7.2K 2.2K 49
⚠️ This is a true story, unfortunately. 🖤1st in a series ✅Completed I labeled this as teen "fiction" because my target age group usually thinks o...
164K 15K 16
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
4.8K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...