New Beginnings ~Eddie Diaz 9...

By Tilly_stories

28 year old Valyn Lopez has been a fire fighter for ten years. During that time she worked in Seattle along s... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
A/N
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
A/N
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21:
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 15

2K 32 5
By Tilly_stories

Val's POV:

I was walking over to Eddie's house to go trick or treating with Christopher and Eddie. It was already 2:00 so I had to rush to get over there because trick or treating starts at 4:00. Both Eddie and I didn't have shift today so I spent my morning trying to put up Halloween decorations with Travis which I soon came to regret as Travis was being a pain in the ass.

I knocked on Eddie's door and was greeted with a smiling Christopher in his Wolverine costume. I didn't exactly know what Eddie was dressed as but whatever he was, he looked hot.  I was wearing a zombie costume from five years ago. I wasn't really the kind of person to dress up for halloween but since I was going with my boyfriend and his kid, I gave in.

I stepped inside and was met with a hot but frightening Eddie as he scared me when I was walking into the kitchen.

"Ah! Holy shiitake mushroom! Eddie what the heck!" I yelled as I punched his shoulder.

"We got her didn't we buddy?" He said turning to Christopher who was on the floor, dying of laughter.

"What are you laughing at Edmundo Diaz?" 

"You look nice." He said trying to flatter me out of being pissed.

"Don't try to flatter me. I'm pissed with you." 

"Sure you are." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"So, what are you two doing?" I asked.

"Waiting for you." Christopher said.

"Well here I am." I said as I hugged him.

"We were waiting for you to get here so we can eat. I ordered pizza, should be here any minute." Eddie said.

"Great. I'm starving." I said and we all smiled.

The doorbell rang and Eddie payed for the pizza as I walked with Christopher into the kitchen. We sat at the table and ate our pizza as we sat around and laughed at each other's jokes. We finished and watched a movie until the time reached 4:00. We grabbed our stuff and took Christopher trick or treating.

After a while, Christopher was at a house while Eddie and I spoke.

"Don't forget I have to be home by 8 for a movie night with Travis." I said.

"We can walk around the area for a while and then walk towards your apartment while Christopher continues to trick-or-treat. I nodded and at that moment, I got a FaceTime call from my brother. I answered and faced my camera towards me as I walked away from Eddie a bit.

"Hola Marco." I said.

"Hola Val. What are you up to?"

"I'm out with my boyfriend and his son trick or treating. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. The kids insisted they say hello to their aunt so they can show you their costumes. But it can wait if it's a bad time." My brother said.

"Nah it's fine. I would love to see their costumes." I said as my brother turned his camera around so my nieces and nephews could say hello.

We talked for a couple minutes before I hung up and went to join Eddie and Christopher again.

"Your Brother?" Eddie asked.

"Yep. My nieces and nephews insisted that they show me their costumes." I said as we both chuckled.

"You know, we are probably gonna have to meet each other's families at some point." He mentioned.

"Yeah I know. I can invite my brother over for dinner with his kids over the weekend. You and Christopher can meet him. Travis can be there too since Marco and Travis have met before." I said.

"So this weekend?" He asked.

"Yeah. Saturday night work for you?" I asked.

"Sure. Just text me the time." 

"Will do Diaz. Don't worry, my brother is pretty chill."

"I hope so." He said.

We slowly made our way back towards my apartment as Christopher walked from door to door. I wished Eddie and Christopher a happy halloween as I walked inside.

"Hey Trav."

"Hey Val. Ready for halloween movie marathon?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said as I jumped onto the couch next to him. He pulled out the remote and turned on Cujo. 

"Shit, give me a sec to change first." I said as I rand to my room. I put on some black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt and emerged from my room as I sat back down on the couch. Travis pulled out the popcorn and we sat and had a movie marathon until we both fell asleep around midnight.

I woke up around 7:00 and shook Travis awake as I realized we were going to be late for our shift.

"Lopes, what?" He said groggily.

"It's 7:00 am dipshit and we have a shift in an hour." I said as I ran to my room to change with him close on my trail.

I changed into my uniform and got my boots on. I finished braiding my hair as I grabbed my bag and ran out the door with Travis following me. We got to the station right at 8:00.

"Lopez, Montgomery. Almost late I see." Bobby said as we ran up the stairs to the loft.

"Key word is almost." I said.

"We fell asleep on the couch watching movies." Travis said filling them in.

"You sure you weren't just too lazy to get up?" Buck asked in a sassy tone.

"Buck shut up. We all know that if anyone did that, it would be you?" I said sitting down.

"She's not wrong Buck." Chim said.

"God I hate you all." Buck mentioned.

"Now you know how I feel Buck." I said in once again a sassy tone.

"Then why did you decide to stay?" He asked.

"Because I didn't feel like transferring again." I stated as everyone shut up and began to eat.

During the entirety of the day, we only got called to a few medical calls which didn't take long. We spent the majority of the day laying video games per usual. I got tired of Buck's whining after he lost at his games so I went over to the island and pulled out a book.

"Who even reads anymore?" Chimney asked walking over.

"You'd be surprised." I responded.

"What are you reading?" 

"The Hunger Games. You can tell I'm bored when I pull out a book." I said closing the book in my hands.

"We really have no good calls today." He said as he sat next to me.

"Although there are no 'good calls.' People calls in the worst moments of their lives and some even die." I said.

"What's got you so pissed off today?" 

"I'm not pissed off. Just annoyed that we have nothing to do and tired of Buck's whining after he loses a game." 

"Alright, if you say so."

He walked away and that's when the Captain walked up with the fire chief.

"Lopez."

"Chief." I said walking up to him and shaking his hand.

"Think you could work on an arson case today? Arson is backed up so we could use an extra hand." The chief said.

"Yeah of course. Not much else happening around here today anyways."

"Is Lopez getting fired?" Asked Buck as him and the rest of the 118 joined.

"No, just working on a case for arson for the day." Bobby said.

"No fair. You get to do something today while we are stuck here." Buck whined again.

"Buck stop with the whining." Hen said elbowing him.

"Diaz, why don't you go with. You might learn something." The chief said.

Eddie nodded and the chief spoke again.

"Lopez. Both Captain Nash and I agreed there is a lieutenant spot open in the 118. There's competition but I expect you to apply for the test. It's about time you apply for a promotion." The chief said.

"Absolutely. Thank you chief." I said as I shook his hand again and he walked out of the station.

"Did the fire chief himself just request you to take the Lieutenants test?" Hen asked.

"I guess so." I said smiling.

"Do you know how rare that is for the Chief Of Fire to do that?" Buck said.

"Yes, I do. And it's about time I apply for lieutenant. Especially after ten years on the job." 

"Well you will definitely get the spot on 118." Nash assured me.

"I hope. Anyways, direct order from the Chief for Diaz and I to go investigate an arson case so we should get going." I said as Eddie and I went down to the locker rooms to change back into our normal clothes and hopped in my car to go to arson.

A/N: So in the next chapter or two, I will be writing more about Val's arson career. Once I finish these chapters, let me know if you would like me to write more about it because I would love to incorporate that more into the story. Also, there will be more upcoming drama between Shannon and Val as well as Val working to become a lieutenant. Feel free to leave some requests in the comments for ideas o future drama/events, or for some scenes and calls from other fire fighter shows that you would like me to incorporate into the story. For example: Chicago fire, 9-1-1 lone star, and Station 19. Thanks for reading! -Matilda.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2.1K 36
Alexandria Rivers has been fighting to survive her entire life. Joining the 118 was her first moment of peace, and eventually two guys show her how t...
51.1K 1.8K 28
In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4]
34K 1.8K 65
"𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐔𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐇...
238K 6.2K 31
In which, Josephine Santiago continues to save lives and navigate her personal life. [911 SEASON 1-2]