Dalesio ✔️

By ave_writes22

Camille Cano has moved around her entire life. What happens when she moves to a new town and meets Dante, the... More

Authors Note
Maybe
Dalesio
Different
Observant
Food
Fight
Claim
New York
Free
Opposites
Loop
Home
News
Forgive me
Graduation
Bribe
Interrogation
Coma
Awake
The Devil Himself
Draven
3 days
Goodbyes
Attitude
Silence
 Business
Mail
Maximus
Petty
Defeated
Spoiled
Boo Bear
Innocent
Found
Orientation
Plan
Til Death Do Us Part
Dalesio's
Epilogue
NOT AN UDPATE
10k celebration
Alternate Ending!

Emotion

21.7K 471 106
By ave_writes22

Chapter 12

"Camille...what happened to you?" As I walked down the hotel hallway I tried avoiding everyone I could. After Dante left me in the alley with Sofia's body I was stuck in shock, I ended up running back to the hotel, sat in the stairwell and sobbed. I'm sure I looked a mess.

"Nothing, I wasted my time coming here. They were right about him, he's heartless." Letta gave me a look of sympathy before opening her mouth to say something, but no words came out. "I'm just gonna take a shower and lay down...i'll see you in the morning when we go back home." I closed my hotel room door.

It's my fault. I shouldn't of tried to push him away but after so many repeats, self- sabotage is all I know.

I can't believe he killed her for me...he took someone's life for me tonight, and left me alone...in a alley while it was raining, with that guilt. He just walked away like it was nothing to him.

After showering I decided to go sit down by the pool, it was late so I assumed no one would be down there.

As I entered the door that led to the pool Kace sat on the edge with his feet in the water. He glanced down next to him, I assumed he wanted me to come sit down.

Kace was one of the boys I never had much of a conversation with yet, i've just never seen him talk, he just smiles, stares, thinks, breathes? I don't know.

I slowly sat down avoiding eye contact with him.

"Are you scared of him?" Kace glanced at me, only slightly turning his head. "I wasn't before." I said, knowing he was referring to Dante. "What changed."

We sat in silence for a moment as I thought.

"I saw a side of him today. A side that was cold and heartless. A side that scared me." I looked at him, i've never heard him say anything, it's kinda weird hearing his voice. "No."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at his one word response.

"No?"

"No. You know who he is Camille. You know this is him, you've heard the stories, you've heard the rumors, you know." He paused before I looking back at me, "You knew all of this and still came to New York to see him. Get out your head, kid. Open your eyes Cami."

And at that, he got up and walked out, leaving me with nothing but an empty room with a mind full of thoughts.

He's right though, I knew who he was when I came here to see him, and it didn't matter to me...it doesn't matter to me. He's not heartless he's just...he's not heartless. He does care, this was his way of trying with me, it was not a good way though.

I sighed and went back to my hotel room, it was already 2 in the morning.

When I entered the room Dante sat on the bed with his back and head leaning against the headboard, asleep. I turned off the lights in the room so it was pitch black and found my way to the bed, sitting on the end of it.

"You don't have to be afraid of me, you know" I nodded in response before realizing that he can't see me. He slid his body to the end of the bed and sat next to me. "I'm sorry."

Never thought I'd ever hear emotion behind his words, but when he apologized that's all I heard.

"I don't want you to hurt people for me..." He sighed, "I'm not used to this whole feeling thing. I grew up being told emotion was for the weak, feeling was for the weak. And if I did show emotion-" He cut himself off, "I just got scared."

I felt tears start to form in my eyes, I can tell from the scars on his body that he's had a rough past, I can't imagine what he's gone through.

"I'm sorry for trying to push you away, I know you're trying and that this is all new to you, but this isn't new to me. Every time I move somewhere this happens and every time they get what they want and they leave. Maybe that's all I'm meant for anymore..."

I felt his hand slowly find mine, he gave it a squeeze before running his thumb over the top of it. "You were meant to come here, you were meant to meet me, and we were meant to fix each other."

He grabbed my body and pulled us both back and laid down.

"I know you're exhausted, we can talk more tomorrow." I nodded my head against his chest, he was right. My eyes burned from all the hours i've cried today. I fought to stay awake as I wanted to talk more but my body was too tired to fight it any longer.

"Goodnight beautiful."

————

A/N: If you're reading this, don't be a silent reader! I love interacting with you guys and reading your comments! Don't be shy! Much love🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 720 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
54.5K 2.1K 43
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...
24 1 20
After cold-heartedly murdering a man with his own two bare hands for legitimately doing what he'd he'd told him to, sleep with his girlfriend, Dante...
142 13 15
Love was something Kỳ had believed in. But meeting the boy of his dreams and leaving his hometown labelled an obsessive abuser put everything into pe...