Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

32

3.3K 93 66
By cardanshoe

"So you did came"

"Of course I did, I couldn't just let you to freeze out here" Delilah mumbled as she walked in the forest behind her house.

The wind made her hair blew back and that's when he actually noticed her hair, the purple and blue strands that were blending with her natural hair and how long they had actually become.

"You dyed you hair..." he murmured in disbelief.

"Yeah, Remus helped me with it, it has been a hard year, many changes, so I thought I maybe need a big change for myself too" she said as she walked closer to him and he took a strand of her hair, twirling it in between his fingers.

"It suits you" he whispered and his eyes moved from her hair to her eyes and then her lips. She laughed and without seconds thoughts, she pressed their lips together.

The fuzzy feeling that captured him every time their lips locked, he was feeling it again and he embraced it as he let a smile cross his lips.

As they pulled away, he brought her in for a hug resting his head in her shoulder, she had gotten taller since they last saw each on the platform, she now reached his neck instead of his chest.

"Do you want to come in? We are gonna freeze if we stand here any longer and I'm only in my pyjamas" asked Delilah and gesture towards the big house that was a couple feet outside the forest.

"Are you sure? Isn't your family home?" he asked hesitantly, almost in disbelief that she asked him this, she was the one that told him they had to keep it low-key.

"Only my mum but she knows about you anyways" she said and as he froze.

"How?"

"She saw us at the platform and then couple weeks ago she asked me about it and I couldn't lie to her she would have seen it right through me, so I told her the truth" she said as they started walk towards the house.

"And how did she reacted?" he asked slowly not really sure if he wanted to know the answer.

"She said that she doesn't really care as long as I'm happy"

"Are you happy?"

There was a pause.

"Yeah, yeah I am" she finally said and looked at his blue eyes that the sun made seem more blue, she didn't even think it was possible.

"Glad to here that" he chucked and she laughed as they walked through the front yard and Delilah knocked on the door.

The door opened couple seconds later and there was standing a tall woman, around 5'9, her brown-grey hair in a bun and wearing casual clothes.

"Come in don't stand in the cold" she said as she gestured them to get inside quickly.

"And who are you young gentleman?" asked Euphemia kindly, even though she already knew the answer.

"Regulus Black, ma'am" answered Regulus and stuck his hand out for a handshake but Euphemia just shook her head and brought him into a hug.

Regulus awkwardly wrapped his arms around the old woman and let out a chuckle, that was were Delilah took her warm hugs from.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Regulus, I'm Euphemia Potter" said Delilah's mum as they pulled away.

"It's nice to meet you too ma'am" he answered back politely.

"It's just Euphemia darling, ma'am makes me look old" she said and then gestured towards the kitchen "I'm making cookies, do you want some with tea?"

"Yes that would be lovely" Regulus answered aegain with a small smile.

"Great, take off your shoes and come to the kitchen"said Euphemia and walked towards the room, Regulus assumed, was the kitchen. He took off his shoes and placed them together beside the door.

"Come on, mum can't wait to ask you questions and we better get this done quickly" she said and basically run towards the kitchen.

The kitchen table was already made, three cups of teas were placed upon white small plates on the table and a bowl with cookies was placed in the middle.

"Come on take a seat, the tea will get cold" Euphemia said as the sat down, Regulus and Delilah on one side and Euphemia on the other.

"So Regulus, how has your summer been so far ?"

"It's okey I guess, my cousins have been staying with us since the start of July but it's kind of been dull in there" he answered quietly.

The next question Euphemia asked were a complete different topic since she saw how uncomfortable it made Regulus talk about his life at home. He asked him about school and what he wants to be once he graduates, what's his interests, she asked him if he plays quidditch and what's his favourite subject

"I would say either potions or Astronomy, preferably potions since I want to be a potions master once I graduate" he answered honestly.

"I wish you the best of luck my boy"

"Thank you, it means a lot" Regulus answered kindly.

"How about you two go upstairs huh? I have some cleaning to do" Delilah's mum said as she started putting away the teacups.

"I can leave if you want to clean the house, I don't want to burden you" replied Regulus quickly.

"Don't be silly Regulus, you and Delilah can just go upstairs you won't be burdening me in any way, don't worry" assured him Euphemia and he only got a chance to mutter a quick thank you for the tea before he was dragged upstairs by the excited brunette.

Delilah opened the door to her room and walked in, knowing he was following behind her, he closed the door and took a seat at her bed as she arranged some things in her dresser.

"Leo and Evan told me that they are gonna come for a week during summer" he informed her.

"Really?" She asked. "What about their parents?"

"We told them we are going on holiday together, so we are not fully lying but we are not telling them exactly the truth either" he mumbled and Delilah chuckled.

"That's actually sounds like those plans that sound stupid but actually have a good outcome" she kind of praised, he wasn't really sure if she was being sarcastic or not.

"My mum and dad leave from August 3rd to August 23, just pick a day you want to come in between those two, I'm warning you though, I don't know if James and the Marauders are gonna be here" she said the last part slowly.

"So there is a chance he is gonna be here?" asked Regulus quietly.

"Yeah there is, but you know, maybe is time you actually talk to him, if things don't work you won't have to see him again anyways since he has graduated, but you really have nothing to lose" she said hoping she would persuade him try to talk to Sirius but in the end she knew it was his decision to make.

"Are you sure he would want to talk?"

"Yes Regulus, he is your brother, I'm seeing both your sides and you both have valid points, he left because he couldn't take it anymore and you are angry at him because he left you behind without saying anything and you felt betrayed by him, but maybe you can at least talk it out, I'm not saying you have to be close again but at least try to understand each other"

"You would have been a good phycol- that thing you said that night, about helping people with their feelings"

"You mean psychologist?" She asked with a laugh.

"Yeah yeah that one" he said as he walked towards her large bookcase.

"Thank you" she smiled.

"Why do you like reading so much?" he asked randomly as he traced the book spines.

She paused, she seem to be doing that a lot when some personal questions come up, he noted.

"Because it allows me to leave this world and be someone that I can't be here, to pretend to be someone I'm not, it allows be to be in my own reality, a reality with no limits"

"That's a nice way to think" he said slightly in a daze from her words.

"Mhm, come with me" she said as she gave him her hand.

"Where?"

"Just come with me" she said more eagerly and he placed his cold hand in her warm one.

She opened her bedroom door and went to another wooden door at the end of the small hallway, she opened it and he looked up seeing pieces of wood that were glued with magic to the wall.

Delilah let go of his hand and walked up the wooden pieces easily but he just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Come on, all you have to do is to step on the wood and to not look down, if you fall, don't worry, I'm gonna catch you" she said with a wink.

He shook his head at her and slowly started walking up the wood pieces, what the fuck am doing at eight o'clock in the evening? he asked himself as he made it up to the rooftop.

The sky wasn't dark yet, it was a nice pale pink colour, it reminded him of Narcissa's jewellery he used to play with when he was younger.

"It's nice up here" he said, almost whispering.

"I know, I come here sometimes just to think, the view is nice too" she said as she sat down at the blankets she already had up there.

"I started mastering my abilities better" she said out of nowhere but he smiled upon hearing that.

"Really? How?"

"I asked dad to find some books in the libraries in the ministry. There weren't many instructions but I manage do it on my own will now, without it taking control and doing it whenever it wants."

"So that means no more reading my mind on accident right?" he half-joked as he chucked.

"Yeah, no more of that, but I must admit I'll miss your weird thoughts of drowning yourself in chocolate"

"That was one time! No need to bring it up again"

"Yeah sure, one time my ass" she said and raised her eyebrows challenging him.

He went laugh but he let out a cry of pain instead as he clutched his left hand.

"What happened?!" Delilah asked as she came in front of him.

"Nothing, my hand just hurts"

"It's the mark right?" she asked and he looked down shamefully. " Yeah he does it sometimes, just shooting a wave of pain to us through the mark to remind us that we are his followers."

Delilah without even looking at him took his left arm and kissed it exactly were the mark, where the design of a snake was placed.

Regulus heart melted at the gesture, the kiss didn't stop the pain but a wave of comfort filled him in.

And in that moment he knew he loved this girl.

***

Delilah walked down the stairs with a huge smile on her face as she heard her brother and father walk in.
Her mother looked around and made a face as to ask where Regulus is but Delilah gestured that she'll tell her later.

"There you are Delilah, I brought the ice cream you asked for" said Fleamont as he brought up his hand that was holding the ice cream.

"And I brought you a big stash of chocolate because I know your period is close and you'll need it" said James with a smile know that it'll make his sister happy.

"Thank you, you big idiot" said Delilah with a smile.

"No need to thank me, stupid" replied James as he passed and ruffled her hair.

"Guys please talk better to each other" scolded them Euphemia but both her and Fleamont wore smiles on their faces.

"Okey mum, I'm gonna take a shower and come down for dinner"said James as he made his way to his room.

"And I'm gonna take the chocolate and the ice cream to the big freezer" said her dad as he made his way towards the small room with the freezer where the beer bottles and wines were stacked.

Once the mother and daughter were alone, Euphemia dragged Delilah in the kitchen and close the door.

"Where is Regulus?"

"He left once we heard dad and James come in" answered Delilah.

"He left from were?"

"The back garden, he took the Knight Bus home" she said and she saw as her mother let a sigh of relief that the boy gonna arrive home safe and he wasn't walking alone but she couldn't help but stifled a laugh at her daughters antics with the youngest Black.

"Okey now come help me with-"

"We are also official"

Euphemia's eyes widened with excitement.

"You are what?!, how did it happen?" she started asking questions after question.

"Mum calm down, I'll tell you but one question at a time" said Delilah snickering.

"Oh yeah of course, well tell me, don't just look at me, I need to know our family drama"

*Flashback around thirty minutes ago*

Delilah pulled her lips away from his arm and let it drop to his side.

"I like you" he blurted out.

"I like you too Regulus" responded Delilah confused, she thought they had already established that.

"Yeah but I like you so much that I need you to be my girlfriend, If you only want of course, but I don't think I can go another day without you giving me your permission to call you mine. I think about you all the time, you occupy my brain from day to night every day of every damn week of every god damn month"

It took so much will power not to tell her that he loved her in the first sentence.

"And I'm asking you right now to be my girlfriend"

Delilah smiled at him.

"I'll be your girlfriend, no actually, I would love to be your girlfriend"

"What?" He asked in a daze, not sure if he had heard her right.

"I said I'll be your girlfriend, because I think about too, I even daydream about you sometimes, it's kind of concerning but I don't really mind it" she said lightly.

He was still looking at her without moving, she only chuckled at him before grabbing his face with both her hands and kissing him straight on the lips.

And that's when they heard the voices from downstairs and broke off the kiss.

"I think I should go before I found myself dead" he said, his said half joking and half sounding terrified.

"I don't think they'll do something to you but it's better to be safe than sorry" she muttered as she quickly showed him the way out of the garden.

"I'll write to you"

"You better do"

He saluted her with two fingers before the Knight Bus appeared and he was gone.

*end of flashback*

"Aww that's so romantic" gushed Euphemia as Delilah finished telling her a small synopsis of what happened between her and Regulus.

"What's romantic?" asked Fleamont as he walked into the kitchen to help his wife prepare the food.

"Nothing Fleamont, you wouldn't understand, you are not even the romantic type of person" dismissed him Euphemia as she handed his some plates to obviously set the at the table.

"What do you mean darling? I am romantic" he said as if it was a fact.

"Oh really? Then why was our first date at a pub were you played wizard chess with your friends and I was only watching, huh?"

"Busted" said James as he walked into the kitchen and grabbed the salad bowls.

"Oh for gods sake James" said Delilah as she started laughing quietly as they heard their parents still argue from the kitchen.

"And that's on the Potter Family Drama" said James.

"I think if the Black family did that it would be a comedic masterpiece"

"And they should add dramatic sad music behind some scenes"

Both of them bursted out laughing at the thought as they continued bringing the plates and everything else out of the kitchen and it the dining room.

"I need to ask a favour" said Delilah as they went to the kitchen the second time to get the forks and glasses for the water.

"Of course, what do you need?"

"The guys and Monica are coming in August, I don't know when exactly, Regulus is gonna write to me but  I was going to ask you if the guys and you would be here" she said and James stopped putting the knives out of the drawer.

"They are gonna come here? Does mum and dad know about this? Because last time they didn't"

"Yeah mum knows and I'm gonna tell dad at dinner but that's not my main problem, my problem is if you and the rest of the Marauders would be here"

The realisation hit him.

"Because of Regulus and Sirius, right?"

"Yeah, I don't want to make them uncomfortable by making the live at the same house for a week, I told Regulus that if he wants to talk to Sirius I can get him to come but I want to give him some time to consider it" she whispered so their parents won't hear them.

"Okey I'm not gonna bring them over but I'm gonna be here for some nights and some mornings, I can't just live with Remus and Sirius they do some nasty things at night, if you know what I mean" he said and made a disgusted face.

"Well I didn't need to know that but thanks for the support brother"

"Of course, and if Regulus decides he wants to talk with Sirius, I can get Padfoot to come and talk to him, he himself told me he wants to at least make amends with his brother" he said and continued putting the knives out of the drawer.

"Thank you James, you are literally the best" said Delilah as she wrapped her arms around James bringing him into a warm hug.

"Of course, anything for you kiddo" he said as he raffled her hair making it a mess again.

"Now that I have you on my good side it would be a nice time to tell you that me and Regulus are together" she blurted out, getting it over with.

"You are what?!" asked James, his eyes as wide as the plates he was previously holding.

"Yeah, we are together"

"Since when?"

Delilah looked at the clock in the kitchen.

"Around one hour and ten minutes ago"

"Wait...he was HERE?!" He almost shouted.

Delilah remained calm though.

"Of course he was here, mum loved him, she even offered him cookies and tea, I think he is already her favourite like Sirius"

"Nah man, not another Black taking our place as her children but anyways, does he treat you right?"

Delilah nodded.

"Doe he make you happy?"

Another nod.

"Would he throw himself in front of you, if a zombie apocalypse was happening right now, to save you from becoming a zombie?"

"I didn't ask him that but I'm sure he would find a cure or something like that"

"Hmh, let's say he passed the test, you are allowed to date him" he said in the end and opened the door for her.

"I would date even if you said no but it's okey let's pretend your opinion is valid"

"Ah sister, always with a good word coming out of your mouth" he said sarcastically.

"My pleasure" she dipped her imaginary had as they sat the tables with their parents, who were still arguing about the dates they went together years ago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.8K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
3.4K 65 14
REQUESTS OPEN Round 4... Began: January 22nd 2024 Completed:
13.6K 369 54
"Always McKinnon" "Don't make promises you can't keep" "I'll be waiting" "That was forever"
849K 22.9K 28
"i don't think i can imagine promising to love someone forever." h. potter / oc x james potter UNFORTUNATELYOURS • 2016