Steven Universe AU by: Samuel...

נכתב על ידי Samuel152

This AU (Alternative Universe) is about Steven who is 100% Human, not 50%. He also is still with the Crystal... עוד

Explanation
Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Laser Light Cannon
Chapter 3: Study Buddies
Chapter 4: Spinning Rooms
Chapter 5: Lion
Chapter 6: Sugilite
Chapter 7: Water Fountain
Chapter 8: Reflective Friends
Chapter 9: Ocean Gem
Chapter 10: Warp Tour
Chapter 11: On the Run
Chapter 12: Foreign Mechs
Chapter 13: Encrypted Message
Chapter 14: Invasion
Chapter 15: Jail Break
Chapter 16: Fears
Chapter 17: False Fusion
Chapter 18: Friendship
Chapter 19: Answers
Chapter 20: The Drill
Chapter 21: Below the Surface
Chapter 22: In the Barn
Chapter 23: Mystery
Chapter 24: Bismuth
Chapter 25: Secrets
Chapter 26: Space Prison
Chapter 27: Sacrifices
Chapter 28: Identity
Chapter 29: Homeworld Savior
Chapter 30: Spinel
Update
Chapter 31: Volleyball
Chapter 32: Friends in Need
Chapter 33: New Enemies
Chapter 34: Rebellion
Chapter 35: The Fire Rises
Chapter 36: Deployment
Chapter 37: A Lost Boy
Chapter 38: Meeting Someone New
Chapter 39: To Be a Diamond
Chapter 40: Schemes
Chapter 41: Evil Intentions
Chapter 42: Acquired
Chapter 43: Entropy
Chapter 44: Happily Ever After (Finale)
Discussion
Announcement!

1 Year Anniversary!

380 10 55
נכתב על ידי Samuel152

Chapters 1-44. The entire story all in one part (89,372 words). That way, you can read the story and not have ads in your way when you go from Chapter to Chapter.

I hope this was worth the wait for some of you. If you're here because I updated the Explanation part of this story and instructed you to go here, you don't have to read this, you can read all the chapters individually. This was meant for you to enjoy the story without ads.

Here we go:

Chapter 1: Prologue

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was sitting outside on a beach chair to relax. Unfortunately, he heard some noises in the house which is loud enough that got his attention. He walked inside the house to be welcomed by a green centipede-like creature trying to attack him.

However, the creature was yanked away from him by Garnet and Steven remained in the same spot when he opened the door.

(Garnet) Hello, Steven.

(Steven) Hello, Garnet. Looks like we have a bug infestation.

(Amethyst) Don't worry! The exterminator is here!

She shapeshifted into what looks like an exterminator while she attacks more of these creatures. Pearl just finished eliminating a few more of them.

(Pearl) Look who finally showed up.

She rolled her eyes at the human's presence. After Amethyst defeated a few more of the creatures, she striked a pose as she declared,

(Amethyst) Looks like they've been exterminated.

She waited for him to have a response to her pun. But he had no response to her clever pun.

(Amethyst) Do you even smile?

She shapeshifted back into her normal appearance.

(Steven) I do, just not very common.

She shrugged as she noticed an odd feature about these creatures.

(Amethyst) Uh, guys? These things don't have gems.

(Garnet) There must be a mother nearby.

(Pearl) We should look for it. We don't need anymore of these things.

(Amethyst) Unless Steven wants a pet.

(Steven) No thanks.

A creature was up on the ceiling and tried attacking him from the above. Steven grabbed it before it attacked him and held it in his hand.

(Amethyst) Wow, nice catch.

He clenched his fist and with his strength it managed to poof the creature into oblivion.

(Steven) Where could the mother be?

(Garnet) She should be nearby if her babies were coming in here.

(Steven) We should find it before anyone gets hurt.

(Garnet) We should look around the temple. Lets split up, we'll cover more ground.

(Amethyst) Stev-man, want one of us to go with you?

(Steven) No thanks.

He walked back outside and looked from the temple entrance.

(Pearl) He's going to get himself killed.

(Amethyst) What are ya talking about?  He's tough, I'm sure he'll be fine.

(Pearl) These creatures spit out acid which can melt through about anything it touches. I'm sure if he encounters more of these things or possibly the mother, he'll most likely die.

(Amethyst) Yeah sure, the acid stuff is true and all, but you do realize this isn't like the first time we let him be a part of a mission, right? Heck, Rose would probably say he'd be fine if she hadn't left.

This is true. Pearl would have to argee with it, even though she hates it.

(Garnet) Steven may be tough but that doesn't mean he's invincible. We also are aware of what he's capable of doing.

(Amethyst) Are you saying he won't be fine?

(Garnet) What I'm saying is that we shouldn't underestimate him. We've done that many times before and he ends up surprising us. We should just see what he does this time.

(Amethyst) Okay, cool. So, what would we look since he's got the temple?

(Garnet) We should look around on top of the mountain and near the lighthouse. Those are possibilities for a nest that the mother could've made.

Outside

Steven was walking into the temple. He looked around for any traces of the creatures so he can follow it and possibly find where the mother is. He also looked around the temple because he hardly is in here and never go to look around much.

Steven noticed bubbles floating in the air that are mostly close to the ceiling of the temple. Inside the bubbles had the gems of all the creatures they've defeated in the past, they look much like the gemstones you could find deep into the Earth. The bubbles were in different colors, indicating that Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and Rose had bubble a few of these gems.

If these bubbles were to be popped, that would unleash the monsters that are concealed inside the gemstones. Steven does not want to mess with those bubbles. He kept his eyes peeled and his ears focused to detect anything that could be the creatures or the mother.

After a while, he heard a noise. It sounded like the gems were fighting something. They must've found the mother or another swarm of these insects.

He went outside and saw a giant version of that green centipede-like creature. He immediately ran to it without hesitation. He saw the gems fighting it but not doing much damage against it.

Even though he should help them, he's trying to be rational about how to defeat this creature. Theres no way they could defeat it with brute force, its not enough. What can possibly do enough damage to the creature and leave it weak enough for them to finish it?

He looked around his environment to look for anything to be used against the monster. He saw a small mini freezer, it had the logo of Cookie Cat. Steven recently heard that they've stopped selling them because they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers.

It looked in good condition and has a cord behind it but no outlet for the plug. Electricity! Thats it, that's how he's going to defeat the creature.

He needed to find some water and a power source. He went to find a bucket and used it to scoop some water from the ocean. Now, he needed something to power the mini freezer.

He just thought of something. He went back inside the house and grabbed a lightbulb. He needed it.

He went back outside and over to where the gems were fighting. Just by the looks of it, they're barely hurting the thing with their abilities and weapons. Steven took the lightbulb and broke it.

He took the wire components from the bulb and checked to see if connecting them together manually would create some electricity. It does but doesn't have much left in it. He took the bucket of water and splashed  it onto the monster.

He took the plug and lightbulb wires and connected them together to power the freezer. He threw the powered freezer in the puddle he made when he threw the water at the creature. The electricity was shocking the creature before it exploded into a cloud, leaving only its gem behind.

Steven caught the gem before it hit the ground.

(Amethyst) Wow, Steven! You took that thing down without even touching it.

(Pearl) How did you know that would work?

(Steven) It's basic electricity. Water and electricity do some great physical damage to any individuals who are in its path.

(Garnet) That type of knowledge is something we could use later.

(Amethyst) Yeah! They can be cool, too. Anything else that can be lethal when you combine two things?

(Steven) Not that I can think of for the moment. I'll get back to you when I can think of something else.

He handed Garnet the gem and she bubbled it. Then, she transported it back to the temple.

(Garnet) I say that you did pretty well, even though you're a human being.

(Pearl) Yes. You've done good. But that does not mean you're one of us.

She left as Garnet started to follow her. Amethyst was following too but she was walking backwards as she spoke to Steven.

(Amethyst) Sorry, dude. She's still mad at you because she thinks you made Rose leave.

Then, they eventually left his eye sight. It is getting dark and nightfall is about to begin. He walked back to the house so he can sleep.

End of Chapter 1

Chapter 2: Laser Light Cannon

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was relaxing on the roof of the house. He was avoiding the gems, mostly Pearl. He noticed something odd about the sun though, it was red.

It also looked like it was coming to him. It took him a moment to realize that it wasn't the sun. He stood up and noticed Garnet and Pearl were viewing it through a telescope.

He jumped down from the roof and went to ask them what was going on. Amethyst was running to the gems to announce about the sun but Pearl interrupted her.

(Pearl) We saw. What were you doing?

(Amethyst) Eating fry bits.

(Pearl) (Groans in frustration)

(Steven) What is that in the sky?

(Pearl) Its a red eye. And its coming right for us. Ira going to destory all these oblivious, innocent humans.

(Garnet) The only thing that is strong enough to penetrate that red eye and destory it is a light cannon that belongs to Rose Quartz.

(Pearl) But none of us knows where she put it.

(Steven) I think my Dad would know.

(Pearl) (Scoffs) I highly doubt she would entrust a short-lived, obnoxious, individual the whereabouts of a powerful weapon. It would make more sense if she told me or Garnet the location of the cannon.

(Steven) Its worth a try.

He walked away to the carwash to find his father's van.

(Pearl) Good luck wasting your time.

Steven sighed. He was mildly irritated by her insults towards him and his father but he keeps his cool and tolerates it. Amethyst nudges Pearl in the arm, getting her attention.

(Amethyst) Yo, I'd tone down the insults if I were you. Don't you remember that one time?

(Pearl) I doubt he would be able to do that again.

(Amethyst) I dunno. He was too fast for you.

(Pearl) He crushed you into an orb.

(Amethyst) Point is, I wouldn't get on his nerves. Unless, you want to get humiliated like last time.

(Pearl) I'm not afraid of him.

(Amethyst) You say that now but wait until you face him alone.

At the carwash

Steven found his father's van. He noticed that his dad wasn't outside so he must be inside the van. He knocked at the back of the van.

(Steven) Dad? Dad! Wake up.

He knocked furthermore.

(Steven) Dad!

Nothing. He then went to the drivers side of the van, opened the door, and honked the horn. His hand remained remained on the horn until Greg wakes up.

(Greg) Whos there? I got a waffle iron!

(Steven) Dad, its me.

(Greg) Steven, I almost waffled your face.

He rubbed his sleepy eyes.

(Greg) Anyways, what are you doing here?

(Steven) Do you know where Rose had her light cannon?

(Greg) Um, I think so. Follow me.

He lead him to looks like a garage.

(Greg) It should be right--

He opened the bay door and it revealed a huge mess. The cannon was nowhere in sight.

(Greg) ...here. Oh boy.

(Steven) I could crawl through the mess and find the cannon. Once I find it, I'll tie this rope to it and you tie the other end to the van and you can pull it out through this mess.

(Greg) Sounds like a plan. I'll tie it and get the van ready.

He got the other end of the rope while Steven was crawlimg through the mess.

(Steven) Do you recall any features about the cannon that I should know about?

(Greg) Um, its a cannon?

(Steven) (Sarcastically) Really? I didn't know...

(Greg) I'm sorry. I don't know what you meant by that.

(Steven) Do you remember what it looked like?

(Greg) It looks like a pirate cannon but pink.

(Steven) Do you know how to activate it?

(Greg) I dunno. Rose used to lean up to it and said something. Then, it just works like that.

(Steven) So, it needs verbal confirmation to operate.

(Greg) I guess so.

Steven was searching further. He accidentally stepped on a picture.

(Greg) What was that?

(Steven) I stepped on a picture of you and Rose by accident. Sorry.

(Greg) Its all right. If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

If Steven had a better sense of humor, he would have chuckled. He eventually found the cannon because it was glowing pink, conveniently after Greg's latest sentence.

(Steven) I found it.

(Greg) You did? I'll get the van started.

Steven tied the rope to the cannon and Greg tied the other end to the van. He put his foot on the gas and it dragged the cannon and a few other things out of the garage place. It made a huge mess.

(Greg) Oh, shoot!

(Steven) We'll clean it up later.

(Greg) Okay, so how do we move it now?

Steven spotted a red wagon.

(Steven) I have an idea.

He moved the wagon closer to the cannon and lift the cannon up and on the wagon. It was heavy for the wagon but it can still move. Steven and Greg got into the van and Greg started driving.

(Greg) So, what do we need the cannon for?

(Steven) That.

He pointed at the red eye.

(Steven) Garnet said that the cannon is strong enough to destory it before it destroys the town.

(Greg) Okay. Lets get to the beach.

He tried to floor it but with the weight of the cannon, it makes it go to the speed limit (How convenient). They finally made it to the beach. The red eye is getting closer and the color is making the environment look like a hellish red ruins.

(Amethyst) Throw me again, I think I'm cracking it.

Then they noticed Steven and Greg moving the cannon off the wagon and trying to make it work.

(Pearl) He... he was correct...

Steven still didn't know how to make it work. He was thinking of anything that could activate it.

"It needs verbal confirmation to operate"

"So, If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs"

He remembered seeing it glow after Greg said that.

(Steven) If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

The cannon started to glow again but it fell forward since it was unlocked by the mechanisms. He lift it and aimed to the red eye. It fired and destroyed the red eye, causing some of parts of it flying towards the ocean and some of it crashed near the town.

(Amethyst) Good job, Steven! You saved the town!

They approached him and Greg.

(Pearl) How did you it to work?

(Steven) It needed verbal confirmation.

He walked back to the carwash to clean the mess at the garage place.

(Greg) I think it was the thing I always say.

(Pearl) The pork things?

(Garnet) "If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs" Rose loved that. That was probably what the cannon needed to activate it.

(Amethyst) Oh, that probably explains why Greg had it.

(Greg) Anyways, you can keep it if you want. Me and Steven are gonna clean up the mess we made at the carwash. So, I guess we'll see you around. Uh, bye.

He went to catch up with his son.

(Amethyst) So, Pearl. Remember what I said about being wrong?

(Pearl) I don't want to hear it, Amethyst!

End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3: Study Buddies

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was taking a walk. He enjoyed walking around the town so he can get his mind off things. He passed by the Big Donut and waved at Sadie and Lars.

Sadie waved back and Lars just shrugged his shoulders. Steven was walking aimlessly to see what he can find in a small town like this. Nothing so far but he eventually found a girl he had seen before.

He doesn't know her name but she did lose a glowstick ring at the town fair and he never got to return it to her. He actually still has it in his pocket.

(Steven) Excuse me, ma'am?

(Connie) Huh? Oh, hello.

(Steven) I've been meaning to return this to you.

He have her the glowstick ring.

(Connie) Where'd you find it?

(Steven) You dropped it and I picked it up. I never was able to get to you before you left.

(Connie) Thanks.

She grabbed it and put it in her pocket.

(Steven) Whats your name? If you don't mind me asking.

(Connie) Connie.

(Steven) Nice name. My name is Steven.

(Connie) Nice to meet you.

(Steven) What are you doing out here?

(Connie) I was told to study but I wanted to go outside so my mom said I can study outside.

(Steven) What are you studying for?

(Connie) For a math test. I only need to work on a couple of things but I'm sure you won't be interested in helping me.

(Steven) Depends on what it is.

(Connie) Take a look at this.

She showed him an equation that she was trying to complete.

"Evaluate the equation. 2 + 4(6 - 2) ÷ 2"

(Connie) I keep getting the answer 12 but my teacher says its wrong.

Steven did the problem in his head and discovered how she got 12.

(Steven) I know how you keep getting 12.

(Connie) How?

(Steven) You only multiplied the 4 and 6 but never the 2 inside the parenthesis. You multiple both numbers inside the parenthesis to get the correct answer.

She did it the way he told her to do it and got 9 instead of 12.

(Connie) Wow. I never knew that I had to do that. Can you help me with some more?

(Steven) Sure.

She showed him another problem.

"20 - 2x = 10. What is the value of X?"

(Steven) You take the 20 and subtract it by 20 and you do the same for the 10. Then, whats left is -2x and -10. In order to find what X means, you divide it by the number its next to in order to have just the X and you do the same to the other number. So you divide -2x by -2 which will equal X. -10 divided by -2 will equal 5. All you have to do then is write "X = 5".

(Connie) Wow, how do you know all of this?

(Steven) My dad used to be a mathlete in high school. He taught me a few things.

(Connie) Thank you for your help. Now I should be able to ace this test.

(Steven) No problem. Is there any other subject you have trouble with?

(Connie) Um, not that I know of. Maybe when I learn a new lesson in math, I could come to you if I need assistance.

(Steven) We could meet here.

(Connie) Yeah. Can I ask you a question?

(Steven) Yes.

(Connie) Can we be friends? I-I never had a friend before.

Steven took a second to think.

(Steven) Sure.

(Connie) Really?

He nods

(Connie) Thanks.

She grabbed her books, Steven helped her picked up the rest.

(Steven) Why don't I help you carry these to your house?

(Connie) Really? Are you sure? They're really heavy.

(Steven) I can handle it.

(Connie) If you say so.

She allowed him to grab the rest of her books from her hands and hold them all in a stack with ease. Connie readjusted her glasses before leading Steven to her house. She took the books out of his hands after she had opened the door.

(Connie) I'll handle it from here. Thanks again.

(Steven) Your welcome. See you later.

(Connie) You too.

Connie closed the door and went to her room to put her books up.

(Priyanka) How was studying, Connie?

(Connie) It was great. I finally got the hang of the problems I needed to work on and I have a friend now!

(Priyanka) A friend? Who is it?

(Connie) His name is Steven.

(Priyanka) And he's just a friend, right?

(Connie) Yes, mom. He's just a friend. He helped me learn how to solve these problems and I asked if he would help me next time I needed some help with math. He also returned that glowstick ring I lost when we went to the fair.

(Priyanka) Hmm, well, maybe one day I would like to meet this boy and see how he is for myself. Did you happen to know his age?

(Connie) No but he looks older than me.

(Priyanka) How old would you say?

(Connie) A year or two, probably four.

(Priyanka) Its quite uncommon for a young man like that to know that much knowledge, stereotypically speaking anyway. Especially since you're in the advanced classes.

(Connie) He said that his dad was a mathlete in high school.

(Priyanka) Must run in his family.

Back to Steven.

Steven was walking home, it was getting a little late for him. He walked up the stairs and saw Garnet leaning towards the door, blocking his way.

(Steven) Would you excuse me?

(Garnet) Of course.

She moved out of his way but she spoke to him before he put his hand on the doorknob.

(Garnet) How was your walk?

(Steven) Fine.

(Garnet) Really? Tell me about it.

(Steven) Why do you want to know?

(Garnet) I'm curious.

(Steven) I walked around town all day and went home.

(Garnet) You left out the part when you met Connie.

(Steven) How did you know?

(Garnet) I saw you two at the boardwalk from here. I was watching you two. She seemed nice.

(Steven) Yes, she is.

(Garnet) So, is she your friend or something more?

(Steven) First, I'm 16 and she's like 12, I'm not taking advantage of her. Second, I don't plan on having anyone special.

(Garnet) Are you certain on that?

(Steven) Yes.

She seemed a little disappointed. She stopped talking and he went inside. She spoke to herself when he was out of earshot.

(Garnet) (sighs) What happened to you? What could have made you that way?

End of Chapter 3

Chapter 4: Spinning Rooms

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and the gems were traveling to a location via Warp Pad. They reached  the location and proceed. There was huge strawberries around the place.

(Steven) Smells like strawberries.

Their mission was to recover a gemstone.

(Pearl) Unbelievable. This was once a gem battlefield. Now, it's wild strawberries as far as the eye can see. Oh, thats what I love about the Earth! Maybe this will be a light mission after all.

Garnet stopped. The structure was an upside down pyramid.

(Garnet) Maybe not.

She materialized an item which she used to insert it into a hole which fits the item. Then a door opened for them to walk inside. It was a huge room which showed stuff on the walls.

It showed a pink figure and other individuals behind it, fighting a white figure. This must be a sign. Steven noticed that the pink figure looked like Rose Quartz but decided to keep it to himself.

The gems were observing the walls as well. Steven noticed a floating upside down pyramid. He moved it right side up and the place started shaking. Gravity worked the opposite direction and everyone fell through a hole in the ceilings.

Everyome stuck the landing. The ceiling closed and torches lit up the room they were trapped in. There were triangle shaped holes that lead into different rooms.

(Amethyst) Looks like we're gonna have to split up.

(Garnet) Me and Steven will stick together.

(Pearl) Are you sure? Why don't you be sensible and pair him with Amethyst?

(Garnet) If you want this trip to go smoothly, you stick with Amethyst.

Pearl remembered that Garnet is the one who can see the future, meaning she knows which route is best for everyone. She didn't like being with Amethyst but she'd rather be stuck with her than Steven.

(Pearl) Lets go Amethyst.

They walked to a room.

(Garnet) Come on, Steven.

Garnet gestured for him to follow her. He complied and went with her. They remained silent.

When they reached a room, the door behind them closed and the tiles on the floor lit up.

(Garnet) We need to stay on the glowing pannels.

Steven understood this room, stay on the glowing tiles and nobody gets hurt. Easy enough. They made it across the room without any problems.

Once again, they haven't said a word to each other, except Garnet from earlier. Steven isn't one for small talk. They proceed forward only for the door to close behind them and at the end of the room.

The place started to rumble for a moment before halting. Steven felt an odd sensation, it must be the atmosphere of this place. It felt like he was being spun around.

(Garnet) We can take a break if you're not feeling well, Steven.

(Steven) I'm fine.

He quickly responded.

(Steven) Lets focus on getting out of here.

Garnet noticed his quick reaction and took note of it. He observed the wall to see if it had any clues for getting out of the hallway. So far, norhing but shapes on the wall, mostly triangles.

Steven put his hand on the wall and dragged it to see if theres any secret buttons to press. He ended up pressing a button and spikes showed up on the ceiling.

(Garnet) Run!

They ran for the end of the hallway, since the door opened up after the spikes appeared on the ceiling. Spikes nearly dropped onto Steven if he did not reacted fast and immediately stopped before he got too close. Garnet quickly ran past him when the spikes when back up in front of Steven.

Steven saw that the spikes were about to drop onto Garnet when she was close to the end. He quickly ran up to her but he couldn't reach her so he leaped at her and tackled her. This helped get them away from the spiked and at the end of the room.

Garnet knew he was going to do thst which is why she didn't say anything else than,

(Garnet) Thanks.

Close calls like that didn't faze Steven. They reached into another room which seemed almost impossible to get across for any mortal being. There were floating upside down pyramids for them to hop on but lava occasionally poured down on them, followed with spikes.

In between the platforms were axes that swung left and right. If they weren't careful, those axes could be their end.

(Garnet) What do you think we should do?

Steven was observing the room. He watched how the spikes, lava, and axes worked. They worked in a pattern.

Steven calculated which would be the right time to run and jump on the platforms. Within one run with perfect freeflow, he ran and jumped on the platforms until he reached the other side.

(Garnet) Nice job, Steven.

She praised him. That was a risky move but he performed like he's a professional in this stuff. Garnet did exactly what he did to get across the room.

(Garnet) That was really smart of you.

He didn't respond but only gestured her to follow him to the next room. The next room was, the main room where they started?

(Garnet) We're back where we started.

Steven was confused. They went straight forward, no left or right turns during their journey.

(Pearl) Garnet, there you are! The doors and rooms here make no sense. They all bring you back here.

Amethyst came out of a door.

(Amethyst) (Yells in frustration) Get me out of here!

She ran into another room.

(Pearl) There are 16 doors, and we entered from the northeast and went through three consecutive rooms in a straight line...

(Amethyst) Ow!

Amethyst came back with a bear trap latched onto her head. She ripped it off and went back where she came from.

(Pearl) ...But arrived back here out of the southernmost door, which can only mean-- w-well, I don't know what it means. I--

Amethyst came back but in an ice block.

(Pearl) This is a death trap!

She started trying to chip Amethyst free with her spear.

(Garnet) I guess we have to go back through these rooms again and again until we figure out this puzzle.

Steven tried being calm in this situation and trying to find a logical solution to this conflict. He felt the odd sensation of spinning once again, what could it mean? Steven tried connecting the odd spinning feeling with the rooms taking them straight back to the start.

Steven solved the puzzle.

(Steven) I know whats going on.

(Garnet) What is it?

(Steven) I could be wrong but I have a feeling that the rooms we select are being spun around by an ancient mechanism. They continue spinning us until we reaches back here. That explains why we have different room patterns.

(Garnet) Where do you think the mechanisms would be?

Steven looked around. He look down at the floor. He got on his knees and placed his ear on the ground to listen.

He knocked on the ground to hear and feel that it was hallow.

(Steven) Smash the floor. Destroy it.

Garnet listened as she materialized her gauntlets and started punching the ground until it gave in and broke. They all fell through and landed on pyramid platforms that were spinning around a pillar in the middle which had the gemstone they were looking for. Amethyst was broken free from the ice block when she landed on a platform.

(Pearl) This is unbelievable. This gem-powered mechanism. It's manipulating the rooms above. Every room we entered spun us until we came back to the central chamber.

She made a projection with her gem to show what it was doing.

(Garnet) Steven already figured that out.

(Pearl) Oh, right... Steven figured that out...

She blushed blue as she hid the projection and looked down in embarrassment. Steven was waiting for a moment to jump to the pillar so he can remove the gemstone and shut down this place. However, he couldn't because it was too fast.

(Steven) Garnet, I need you to toss me to the pillar.

(Garnet) Right.

She grabbed him and threw him at the pillar like a football. He grabbed onto the pullar to avoid falling on the ground and grasped the gemstone. He pulled with all his strength and managed to pull it out.

The place then blew up. Debris started faling from the sky. Everyone was okay.

The gems rised from the ground.

(Pearl) The gemstone. Where is it?

(Amethyst) Yo, Steven got it.

Steven was still holding the gemstone and he gave it to Pearl. Pearl bubbled it and sent it back to the temple.

(Amethyst) Nice job, Steven.

(Garnet) Yes. You handled this mission very well. I'm glad we let you tagged along. Otherwise, we would've stayed longer or would never got out of there.

Garnet and Amethyst praises Steven for his quick thinking and bravery. Pearl didn't say much other than,

(Pearl) You did well...

That was all she had to say.

(Steven) Lets go home.

They all went to the Warp Pad to leave.

End of Chapter 4

Chapter 5: Lion

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were in a desert, looking for a gem. Around the desert, had sand pillars that occasionally broke and went back to just sand. Garnet was observing the environment.

(Garnet) The power in this structure has turned aimless.

(Pearl) It's building columns with no roofs and stairs that go nowhere. This is out of control.

(Amethyst) Then I guess we better-- Whoops!

She leaped over Steven's shoulders and tried landed while rolling but failed when she landed on her bottom.

(Amethyst) ...roll on over there.

(Pearl) That was a bit unnecessary.

(Amethyst) Nan nani ni nun-nani nani!

(Pearl) Excuse me?

[Growling in the distance]

That sound alerted everyone.

(Amethyst) Lets go!

(Garnet) Steven, why don't you stay here so if we get lost, we can find you and get back to the Warp Pad safely?

(Steven) Sure.

(Garnet) See you soon.

They went to search for the noise they heard and possibly look for the gem they came for while investigating. Steven sat down and was left to his thoughts. The heat was intense but it didn't bother him much.

He closed his eyes as he lied down. He wasn't attempting to sleep since its too hot but he was just resting his eyes.

[Creature roars]

Steven's eyes opened as he sat up and looked around for where that noise came from. Steven spotted an animal like silhouette a dozen yards ahead of him. It looked like a lion.

Steven wasn't planning getting eaten by a lion so he got up and quickly moved behind a sand pillar to avoid detection. Unfortunately, the pillar dusted into sand which gave away his position. As if matters weren't bad enough, the lion was right behind him.

He tried to run but he ended up tripping, so he tried crawling away from the carnivore. A sand wall blocked him from going any further, which means he is doomed. The lion was now a couple of feet away.

Steven closed his eyes and braced himself for a painful mauling. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes and saw that the lion was still there but not doing anything.

It yawned before collapsing on the ground. Steven has gotten a closer look of it and discovered that it was a pink lion, not an ordinary one. How is this possible?

Steven knows the types of lions but none of them were pink. He got up and went closer to see if it was friendly. The lion noticed him getting closer to it but did nothing.

Steven pet the lion to see if it liked it, it did. He touched it's mane and it felt so soft, like cotton candy. He also noticed that the lion has a saddle with small sacks hanging off of it.

Theres items inside them but Steven did not want to loot them if someone owned those items.

(Steven) Do you have an owner?

Surprisingly, the lion understood him and shook its head. Steven pet it more to comfort it.

(Steven) It must be impossible since you have a saddle and everything.

The lion made a gesture thats equivalent of a person shrugging their shoulders.

(Steven) The only logical explanation I could think of is that someone just put that stuff on you. Do you mind if I check the bags?

The lion shook its head and allowed him to search the saddle. Nothing interesting. All he found was a pink sword with a pink scabbard, VHS tape, a shirt, a pink shield, and finally a picture of Rose, Greg, and Steven.

Steven remembered when that picture was taken. In fact, it felt like it was yesterday.

Flashback:

(Rose Quartz) Steven, its such a thrill meeting you. You never cease to amaze me with what you can do and your just a human being.

(Steven) It's nice meeting you, too.

(Rose Quartz) Can I ask you something?

(Steven) Sure.

(Rose Quartz) Where did you get your training? I've never seen anyone defeat Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst like you did.

(Steven) I'm not sure how to explain that. I guess why I was able to defeat them was because they underestimate me.

(Rose Quartz) I understand why. Humans can be fragile.

(Steven) Humans can be tough.

(Rose Quartz) Yes. You proved me wrong about humans.

Greg showed up with a camera.

(Greg) Hey y'all.

(Rose Quartz) Hello Greg!

(Steven) Hey Dad.

(Rose Quartz) What is that device you're holding?

(Greg) Oh, this is a camera. Us humans use it to tale pictures.

(Rose Quartz) Pictures?

(Steven) Pictures are images of things you see. Like, if theres a beautiful sight and if you want to savor it, you use a camera to take a picture of it and you can see it forever.

(Rose Quartz) The technology on Earth may be primitive to Homeworld but it is fascinating nonetheless.

(Greg) You want a picture of three of us?

(Rose Quartz) Sure!

He sets the camera on a stand and sets a timer for it to go off after 15 seconds.

(Greg) Now we stand here, smile, and wait for the camera to take the picture.

Greg and Rose showed their best smiles while Steven gave a little smile. The camera flashed.

(Rose Quartz) Is it over?

(Greg) Yep. Now all we gotta do is print out the picture.

Greg took the camera and pressed a button. A paper picture came out of it and it showed all three of them. He gave it to Rose.

(Rose Quartz) This is so beautiful! I'm going to save it forever.

(Greg) Well, I'm glad you liked it.

End of Flashback:

(Steven) So this was Rose's lion.

He looked at the lion and back at the picture.

(Steven) Makes sense.

(Amethyst) (distant) Steven, where'd ya go?

Steven remembered that he was suppose to be at his original spot so the gems don't get lost. Steven pocketed shirt, VHS tape, and picture. He used the ropes on his arms to tie the sword in the scabbard and the sheild to his back.

He saw the gems looking for him about a dozen yards away.

(Steven) Follow me.

The lion listened as it followed Steven. Steven and his new pet walked towards the gems.

(Garnet) There he... is...

She paused when she saw him and the lion.

(Amethyst) Whoa, Steven, whats with the lion?

Amethyst got excited.

(Steven) I found him while you were gone. Did you get what you were looking for?

(Amethyst) Yep! Right here.

She showed him the gem.

(Pearl) Amethyst, be careful with that! If you drop it, it'll rebuild everything.

(Amethyst) Its my kill, no need to get jealous.

(Pearl) I'm not jealous! I'm cautious.

Pearl saw the scabbard on Steven's back.

(Pearl) Where did you get that?

(Steven) I found it with this lion.

(Pearl) Thats Rose's sword. You do not have the authority to hold it!

(Steven) Neither do you. If she wanted it, she would have taken it with her when she left. So that means, the sword is for any takers.

(Pearl) She trusted me more than you. If anyone should have it, it should be me.

Steven got in front of her, giving her an intimidating look.

(Steven) If you want the sword, you have to take it from me.

He challenged. She had a fearful look in her eyes.

(Steven) Just what I thought.

He walked back to the lion.

(Garnet) Lets go back home.

On their way back to the Warp Pad, Amethyst nudged Pearl.

(Amethyst) (Whispering) You definitely are afraid of him now! He has what you want and he knows it!

(Pearl) Quiet, Amethyst!

She said in a low tone so Steven and Garnet wouldn't hear them.

End of Chapter 5

Chapter 6: Sugilite

3rd Person P.O.V.

Its been about two weeks since Steven discovered the lion and has found the items from the saddle. Pearl and Steven haven't been are good terms with each other since then but now they're slowly going back to how it used to be. Today, they're in some area looking at tall, bright pillars.

(Steven) What is this place?

(Pearl) This was once a communication hub for gem kind. But lately, its begun transmitting bursts of electromagnetic interference.

(Steven) So it's harming television. How do we destroy it?

(Amethyst) We're gonna need a Steven *this* big!

She shapeshifted into a bigger and stronger verison of Steven and started punching one of the pillars, only breaking a tiny chip of it.

(Pearl) Amethyst, we could be here all day taking out each of these pillars individually.

(Amethyst) Ugh, I hate it when you're right. You get this look on your face.

She noticed Pearl's smirk.

(Amethyst) Yeah, that's the one.

(Pearl) What we need is a well-thought-out plan--

(Garnet) No. What we need is Sugilite. Amethyst, fuse with me.

(Amethyst & Pearl) What?!

(Amethyst) (squeals in excitement) Yeah! Lets mash it up!

(Steven) Sugilite?

(Amethyst) Oh, yeah! Steven never seen fusion before. Its where two gems literally combine themselves together into one!

(Steven) I'm not sure I like it.

(Amethyst) Its not as bad as you think. Just watch. Sugilite is a fusion of me and Garnet. Bigger! Badder! Better!

(Pearl) Wait! Garnet, think about this. You and Amethyst can be a little unstable when your personalities combine. We need to be careful. Fuse with me instead.

(Garnet) We don't need to be careful. We just need to be huge.

(Amethyst) Oh, yeah! Lets wreck this joint!

Steven started walking backwards until he was 5 yards away from Garnet and Amethyst.

(Garnet) Synchronize.

She started dancing while her gems were glowing. Amethyst was dancing while her gem was glowing as well. They combined into each other like Amethyst predicted and then became a giant.

(Sugilite) (Laughs) I forgot how great it feels to be me!

(Steven) So, you're Sugilite?

(Sugilite) You got it, baby! Hey, Steven, want to see something cool?

(Steven) Sure.

He was unsure about his answer because he doesn't know what she considers to be "cool." She summoned Garnet's gauntlets and combined them into one giant fist and had Amethyst's whip attached to it and creating a wrecking ball.

(Sugilite) You like that, little man? Now, where should I start?

(Steven) I don't care. Just destroy them.

(Sugilite) Okay then.

She started swinging the wrecking ball and demolished three pillars. Pearl was nervous while Steven was watching the destruction. Debris started falling towards them.

Pearl kicked a few of it away while Steven evaded to the side.

(Pearl) Watch it!

More debris made its way towards them. There was a giant piece that fell off of one of the pillars and it was about to crush Pearl. Steven tackled her to move her out of the way.

Steven immediately got up after he moved her. After an awkward silence, Pearl spoke,

(Pearl) ...Thanks...

Debris interrupted the moment they had.

(Pearl) Ugh, you're just too much!

She shouted at the giant.

(Sugilite) Maybe you're just too little!

(Steven) We need to get out of here now.

(Pearl) Agreed.

They both went to the Warp Pad to escape from the destruction.

Back at home.

Pearl was pacing as Steven sat down on the couch.

(Pearl) Oh, she's going to be so mad when she realizes we left her there! We can't go back because she destroyed the Warp Pad!

(Steven) You need to calm down.

(Pearl) You don't know her, Steven. She is the pure definition of destruction. She'll destory the temple and town during a fit of rage.

(Steven) Not if we split her up.

(Pearl) But how? She will crush us if we get close to her.

(Steven) I'll show you how.

He got up and went to his room. He came back with Rose's sword.

(Steven) With this. You said it can cut through any gems physical form?

She nodded.

(Steven) Then, this should help us.

(Pearl) But she won't let us get close to her if she sees it.

(Steven) I know but I have a plan.

(Pearl) What is it?

(Steven) You'll see.

Pearl feel on her knees.

(Pearl) Oh, we're going to die...

A few hours later

Steven and Pearl heard loud thuds outside as well as the environment shaking. Sugilite was near. Steven left the sword inside while he went outside with Pearl, purposely.

They both stood a great distance away from Sugilite when she reached the beach from the ocean.

(Sugilite) I'm bored!

(Pearl) Y-you're back!

(Sugilite) You left me behind.

(Pearl) We just thought you didn't need any help. Now, why don't you separate, and we can all sit down and relax?

(Sugilite) No!

She lightly moved her foot to Pearl which sent her flying back. Steven caught Pearl before she went too far. He gently let Pearl go and started speaking to the behemoth.

(Steven) Sugilite, unfuse right now!

(Sugilite) Or what?

(Steven) Or I will force you to separate myself.

(Sugilite) Ha! You think you're tough enough to order me around, little man?

(Steven) You're about to find out...

(Sugilite) I'm 1000 times your size and strength. You're just a little insect.

(Steven) Its not just about strength and size. Its also about skill and adaptation.

(Sugilite) Ha! Yeah right! Just face it, you finally met someone who is better than you. I'm not Garnet, Amethyst, or Pearl. I'm Sugilite and I'm better than you!

She threw her wrecking ball at him. Steven evaded out of the way.

(Steven) Last chance to unfuse before I make you.

(Sugilite) Nope. Can't make me.

(Steven) If you insist.

He said in a low tone. He grabbed Pearl and moved back to the porch. He quickly went inside to grab the sword.

(Pearl) Okay, now would be a good time to excute your plan.

(Steven) I need you to throw me as high as you can.

(Pearl) What? How is that going to help us?

(Steven) Just do it!

(Pearl) O-okay.

She grabbed a hold of him after he grabbed the sword.

(Pearl) Ready?

He nodded. She threw him up high.

(Sugilite) Whatcha doing up there?

Steven aimed and threw the sword into Sugilite's eye on her forehead.

(Sugilite) OW!

Her body exploded into clouds. Garnet and Amethyst were on the ground. Steven was falling but Pearl leaped up into the air to catch him before he fell to his death.

They landed.

(Steven) Thanks.

They both went over to Garnet and Amethyst.

(Pearl) Amethyst! Garnet! Are you okay?

Garnet was grasping her forehead (which is where her third eye is).

(Garnet) Yeah. Sugilite just overworked out bodies. Its a little painful. Also, Steven, that really hurt.

(Amethyst) And I've got a monster headache.

(Steven) I warned you both.

(Pearl) To be fair, that was Sugilite's mistake. Not their's. But I guess that'll teach her.

(Garnet) Pearl. Steven. You both were right.

(Pearl) Yeah, I was right.

She stood proud.

(Steven) Come on. Lets get you two in the house so you can rest.

He picks up Garnet and puts her on one shoulder and Amethyst on the other.

(Amethyst) Ugh, it sucks being wrong and in pain.

(Garnet) We deserve it. Take it like a gem.

End of Chapter 6

Chapter 7: Water Fountain

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and Connie scheduled a litlte pinic. This was for them to catch up since its been awhile since they seen each other and to help Connie if she needed some help. Steven rode Lion to Connie's house to pick her up and he took her to the Lighthouse.

Connie brought her homework and a picnic basket with some sandwiches and healthy snacks. Once they arrived there, they settled down and Connie got out a sandwich. She got another one out and tried to give it to Steven.

(Steven) No thanks, not hungry at the moment.

(Connie) O-Okay. So, hows your life with the gems? I heard its been rough last time we spoke.

(Steven) We've had a couple of rough days for a while now. Hopefully, everything is settling for awhile.

(Connie) Would you mind telling me about your recent adventure? I'm quite interested.

(Steven) Well, I wouldn't say if it was an adventure or mission. More like a close call.

(Connie) What happened?

(Steven) See that fence?

He pointed at the recently established picket fence. Connie nodded while eating her sandwich.

(Steven) It was a couple of days ago...

Flashback:

Amethyst was horsing around near the cliff by the Lighthouse.

(Steven) Amethyst.

(Amethyst) Yeah?

(Steven) You should get away from the edge. You could fall.

(Amethyst) Heh, why you getting so worked up? What, do you care about me or something?

She mocked while giving him a goofy-looking face.

(Steven) I'm advising you to step away from the edge before you hurt yourself.

(Amethyst) Hurt myself? Please. I lived for thousands of years fighting a war and you're worried about me falling?

(Steven) Yes.

(Amethyst) Aw, I didn't mean to make you-- whoa, whoa, whoa!

She balanced herself with one leg as she pretend that she was about to fall off.

(Steven) Amethyst!

(Amethyst) (Singsong voice) Steven, I'm gonna fall!

(Steven) Amethyst, you're going to fall.

Finally, Amethyst stopped playing around and started talking to him.

(Amethyst) Steven, please. I'm a gem warrior. I'm not gonna fa-- aah!

The edge she was standing on broke and she started falling down below.

(Steven) Amethyst!

Amethyst was unfazed by falling but felt humiliated.

(Amethyst) Ugh, this is so embarrassing.

She fell on top of a rock, gem first. Steven jumped down and landed on his feet in the sand.

(Steven) Amethyst.

(Amethyst) I'm okay!

(Steven) Are you sure?

(Amethyst) Yes, Steven. I'm fine, except for this!

She removed her hair out of her left eye and it revealed that her left eye was bigger than her right eye, like a googly eye.

(Pearl) Amethyst!

(Amethyst) Great...

Pearl and Garnet rushed to her and Steven.

(Pearl) Show me your gem!

(Amethyst) Fresh!

She swatted Pearl's hand away. Garnet grabbed her and revealed that her gem was cracked.

(Pearl) Amethyst, your gem is cracked!

(Amethyst) Rude! It's not a big deal! Plus, now I have this cool googly eye!

She shakes her head while the pupil in her left eye was moving around like an actual googly eye.

(Pearl) How did this happen?

(Steven) She was playing around on the cliff by the Lighthouse and she fell off.

(Amethyst) Did not!

(Pearl) Of course. How could I have been so blind? We need to put a fence up there so this will never happen again.

(Steven) What is the problem? She falls on stuff all the time.

(Pearl) It'd be fine if it was just her body but her gem is damaged.

(Steven) How do we fix it?

(Pearl) Before... we had Rose...

Steven sighed. Realizing theres no way for this to be fixed now since she left.

(Garnet) Rose Quartz had healing tears that flowed from her gem. She felt real life for those around her.

Steven mentally sighed from that. Then he rolled his eyes. Garnet noticed but didn't care about it for the moment.

Garnet continued.

(Garnet) She felt real sorrow when they were hurt. But shes gone now.

Steven once again felt like it was his fault since she left. It doesn't make sense. Why would Rose just leave almost a month after Steven showed up?

(Garnet) There is an alternative healing source. We need to take Amethyst to Rose's healing spring.

(Amethyst) (Scoffs) Guys, I'm fine. I'm not gonna get any wor-r-r-r-r-r............
?hcaeb eht no gniod uoy era tahw ,syug yeH

They were concerned and they immediately took Amethyst to the Warp Pad and warped to the location they needed to be.

Rose's Spring:

They warped to the location.

(Pearl) And in the center of the garden, Rose's fountain, overflowing with her healing, lachrymal essence.

She was informing Steven about the fountain, blushing and gushing over Rose and her fountain.

(Garnet) I don't see it.

(Pearl) Wha..? (Gasp)

The place was in ruins and covered with vines.

(Amethyst) .emoh gniog m'I ,hgU

(Pearl) Now, now! Uh, let's keep it together! Our memories of Rose can't be tainted by some overgrown brambles. Heh, look at them. They're a mess without her guidance. Directionless, pathetic, clinging things. Its going to be okay, Garnet.

She grabbed Garnet's arms and tried to "calm" her down.

(Garnet) Sure.

She shrugged her shoulders.

(Pearl) Y-y-you really think so?

Steven stayed close to Amethyst in case she tried to wonder off or anything.

(Pearl) Hmm. Maybe there's a path over here!

She walked towards a direction and Steven, Garnet, and Amethyst followed. Amethyst nudged Steven in the arm to get his attention.

(Amethyst) .lraeP wollof tsuJ ?yakO .enif eb annog sgnihtyreve ,yeH

(Steven) I don't know what you're saying. Just follow me.

Amethyst scoffed before following the others. As they continued down the path, Amethyst noticed the vines trying to harm Steven without him knowing and she tackled him to avoid getting hurt.

(Pearl) Amethyst, no more roughhousing! You'll exacerbate your crack!

(Amethyst) !wonk uoy os tsuj ,nevetS llik annog er'yeht dna efil to gnimoc era seniV

She tried walking forward but ended up walking into a wall and cracking her gem further. Everyone cringed at the noise her gem made.

(Amethyst) (Coughing) !enif m'I ,yrrow t'noD

She glitches and her head was replaced by her right foot and her right foot was replaced with her head.

(Amethyst) (Groans in frustration)

(Pearl) Ooh! Oh! Keep calm. What we need to do is get you into the fountain immediately. If we can ever find the way under all this mess!

(Garnet) Shh!

Garnet punched a boulder and it exploded into doezens of pebbles. It revealed a pathway.

(Garnet) I needed that. This way.

They followed her.

(Pearl) We could've probably gotten in without hurtling a giant rock into Rose's most precious sanctuary! But if you're okay with it, I'm fine, too!

They were lead to the end.

(Garnet) This isn't right.

They viewed around the place. Steven saw a statue of Rose Quartz. Surrounded by what looks like a fountain.

(Garnet) The fountain isn't running.

(Pearl) What? What's wrong with it?

(Garnet) I'm not sure.

Steven was viewing the place, inspecting every part of it.

(Garnet) Steven, stay here with Amethyst.

(Pearl) We'll find out whats wrong with the fountain.

They left him with her. Amethyst was getting worse, becoming all slinky-like. Amethyst hopped her head to Steven.

(Amethyst) ?pleh elttil a ,hU

Steven helped get her mangled body together but was tangled in all sorts of places.

(Amethyst) .htiw gnissem er'uoy ydob ym stahT .luferac eb ,nevetS !wO

(Steven) I can't understand you.

She sighed. He did the best in his ability to get her comfortable in this situation, until Pearl and Garnet figure out whats wrong with the fountain.

(Steven) We just need to wait, Amethyst.

(Amethyst) .yakO

A few minutes later.

The fountain started flowing water. When Steven saw this, he took Amethyst's mangled body and tossed it into the fountain without hesitation.

(Amethyst) Wow! Look at me! I'm all better now!

Pearl and Garnet entered the room again.

(Pearl) Oh, thank goodness.

(Steven) What was wrong with it?

(Garnet) We unplugged a clogged chamber and it activated the fountain's mechanisms and it's essence started flowing.

(Pearl) The fountain is restored!

Steven was observing the water.

(Steven) Would you mind if I obtain some of this?

(Pearl) What for?

(Steven) Research proposes.

(Pearl) Well, in that case, take as much as you'd like. The water flow is endless.

Steven found a bucket and scoop some of the water into it.

End of Flashback:

(Connie) So, what can the water do?

(Steven) The tests I've ran showed that the water restores cells by duplicating into the required cells. Its effective for plant life but I'm still testing about human life. Last night, I cut my wrist and poured the water onto the wound. It healed fine but I'm certain about small injuries and not large ones.

(Connie) Do you have some on you now?

(Steven) Yeah, actually.

He takes out a vial of the water.

(Steven) Why do you ask?

(Connie) Maybe it can heal my eyes?

(Steven) What do you mean?

(Connie) I've been wearing these glasses for two years now and my eyes aren't getting better. Maybe if it can heal physically, maybe it can heal my eyesight?

(Steven) Its worth a shot. Plus, it'll be good to know if it actually works or not.

Before he gave it to her, he asked her something.

(Steven) Are you sure you want to attempt this? You don't have to if you don't want to.

(Connie) I wanna try. Plus, it'll be cool if it works.

(Steven) Okay.

He gave her the vial and she drank the liquid inside it. She took off her glasses after finishing the vial.

(Steven) Well?

(Connie) Umm...

Within seconds, her eye sight cleared up.

(Connie) it worked!

(Steven) Really?

(Connie) Yeah! I can see again!

She was really happy.

(Connie) Thank you for healing my eyes.

(Steven) No problem. Always glad to help.

(Connie) You should keep that stuff around more. In case if anything else happens and you need to heal an injury. That way, you don't have to hassle back to the fountain.

(Steven) I'll have to eventually to refill.

(Connie) But still, you have what could be the most powerful thing in the world!

(Steven) Calm down, now. I know it can heal but I don't want to jinx it and have some sort of a side effect. I'm still experimenting on it.

(Connie) Okay, okay... (deep breathes) I'm better now. I'm just so happy I can see again.

(Steven) Uh, Connie?

(Connie) What?

(Steven) What are you going to tell your mother?

(Connie) Oh, um...

She haven't thought of that.

(Connie) I'm not sure. Hold on.

She took her glasses and pushed the lenses out.

(Connie) I'll wear these whenever she's around and when she's not, I'll take 'em off.

(Steven) Okay, but if your mom finds out--

(Connie) Don't worry. I'll make sure the heat doesn't come down on you.

She grabbed the stuff and packed up.

(Connie) See you later, Steven.

(Steven) You, too.

She went home.

End of Chapter 7

Chapter 8: Reflective Friends

3rd Person P.O.V.

Pearl was gathering a few things around the house to throw away.

(Steven) What are you doing?

(Pearl) I'm doing what you humans call "Spring cleaning". Theres quite some clutter here.

Steven went through the pile.

(Steven) Mind if I take anything?

(Pearl) No. I wouldn't bother, most of the stuff is either useless or beyond your comprehension.

(Steven) You don't exactly know that.

(Pearl) I said my piece.

Steven went through most of whats in the pile and most of it was useless like she said. Except Steven found a mirror.

(Steven) Strange, why would you even have a hand held mirror?

(Pearl) Thats not a mirror. It's a gem mirror.

(Steven) Whats the difference?

(Pearl) For starters, it wasn't made on this world. Next, it does more than reflect on what you do. It can show you locations and speak to you.

(Steven) How?

(Pearl) They're built like it. Here, let me show you.

She took it from him and spoke to it.

(Pearl) Mirror, show us the Galaxy Warp.

Nothing.

(Pearl) Mirror, show us the Galaxy Warp.

Still no response.

(Pearl) I know you have seen it. Thats where I found you.

She shook the mirror as if it was a person.

(Pearl) Maybe it finally broke. It does look in bad shape.

She gave him the mirror back.

(Pearl) The only use for it now is the same use as any other Earth mirror.

Steven didn't have much use for the mirror but his dad could use it, especially since he loves that hair of his. Steven went outside and turned the mirror around to see that a gem was behind it but cracked.

(Steven) Hmm, I wonder what this mirror was. Seems like it used to be used for something but now its broke.

He took it to Greg's van.

(Steven) Dad? You in there?

(Greg) Right here, Steven.

He turned around to see his father with a hose.

(Greg) I was in a middle of finish washing someones car and thats when I saw you comin'. What are you doing here?

(Steven) I came to see if you wanted this.

He showed him the mirror.

(Greg) Heh. Well, I appreciate the offer but I already have a mirror. Maybe you should hold onto it. You can never find mirrors like those anymore.

(Steven) This mirror wasn't made here. It belonged to the gems but now they don't want it because it's broke.

(Greg) Well, still. You can never know when you could use something like that. Especially for those missions, like if a laser was attacking you, you can use the mirror to deflect 'em away.

(Steven) Thats smart but I highly doubt we'd encounter lasers.

(Greg) Well, we'll never know.

(Steven) That is true. I'll hold on to it.

(Greg) Okay. Hey, I gotta get back to washing this car before the owner gets real angry at me for leaving it and might drive off. Stay safe, Steven.

(Steven) I will.

He went over to the beach area while his father went back to his job. He sat in the sand and started looking into the mirror.

(Steven) Do you have any possibly of working? I just wanna know.

He couldn't believe he was talking to a mirror. Well, he did meet female rocks from outer space so talking to a mirror is not as crazy as meeting the gems. However, the mirror responded by showing a text saying "I can hear you"

(Steven) What the--

"I can see you."

(Steven) Who is this?

"I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli."

(Steven) Well, nice to meet you.

"What's your name?"

(Steven) My name is Steven. Steven Universe.

"Thats a nice name. Can you help me?"

(Steven) Uh, I don't know how since you're a mirror.

"I'm not a mirror"

(Steven) Yes you are. I'm holding you right now.

"No, I'm not!"

(Steven) Are you sure?

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm trapped inside the mirror"

(Steven) Why didn't you say something eariler? Like when Pearl was here?

"I don't trust the Crystal Gems. They won't help me. Are you a Crystal Gem?"

(Steven) I'm not sure. They don't seem to trust me. Not enough to officially become a Crystal Gem, but I'm not a gem to begin with so I guess not.

"That's good. Can you please help me? I'm all alone inside here. Please don't return me to them or throw me away."

Inside the house.

(Garnet) Somethings wrong.

(Amethyst) What do you mean?

(Pearl) Whats wrong?

(Garnet) Outside!

They ran for the door.

(Garnet) Where's Steven?

(Pearl) I don't know. Why?

Back to Steven.

(Steven) What should I do?

"Let me out"

(Steven) How?

"The gem behind the mirror. Thats my gem. Pull it out and I'll be released"

(Steven) Okay.

He grasped the gem and used all of his strength to pull on it to get it out. After he got it out, the mirror broke and the cracked gem lit up and formed into a person.

(Lapis) Th-thank you...

She struggled to get up but fell. Steven helped her up.

(Lapis) You actually talked to me! You helped me!

She stood up straight on her own.

(Lapis) It's Steven, right?

(Steven) Yes.

(Lapis) Are you a Crystal Gem?

(Steven) Technically speaking, I'm not an actual gem but I am affiliated with them.

(Lapis) But you set me free.

(Steven) What? What do you--

(Garnet) Steven!

Shouted Garnet and she had Pearl and Amethyst with her. They drew out their weapons. Steven got between them and Lapis.

(Steven) Put your weapons down, theres no need for them!

(Lapis) You... You three knew I was in there, and you didn't do anything.

She manipulated the ocean to create a giant ocean hand.

(Lapis) Did you even wonder who I uaed to be?!

She slammed the hand onto Garnet and the shockwave made Pearl and Amethyst moved away from Garnet.

(Steven) What are you doing?!

(Lapis) I'm Lapis Lazuli, and you can't keep me trapped here anymore! They're not gonna let us leave.

(Steven) Leave?

She created a path in the ocean for them to walk through.

(Lapis) Steven, come with me.

(Steven) Where?

(Lapis) Away from here.

(Steven) No.

(Lapis) What? Why?

Garnet broke free from the water hand.

(Lapis) Fine.

Garnet was rushing towards Lapis.

(Lapis) Don't trust them with your life, Steven. Goodbye.

She walked into the ocean and a wave crashed into Steven and Garnet, moving them away from the ocean.

(Pearl) Are you two alright?

(Steven) She was trapped inside that mirror and you didn't know about her?

(Pearl) No! If I'd known, I would gotten her out of there a long time ago.

(Garnet) Steven, what did she tell you?

(Steven) She told me she alone and that I shouldn't trust you three.

(Amethyst) Why would she say that? We didn't do anything to her.

(Garnet) She's probably mad that we didn't discover her sooner. Steven, whatever she said about us is not true.

(Steven) Are you sure?

(Garnet) Yes. We have nothing to hide.

(Amethyst) Yeah, we got no secrets.

(Pearl) Correct.

(Steven) I dunno who to believe right now.

(Garnet) Steven, she's from Homeworld. It makes sense why she doesn't want you to trust us since we're the rebellion.

(Pearl) Thats right. She was probably scared that we would shatter her.

(Steven) Were you?

(Pearl) No, we weren't.

(Steven) I guess thats good enough for me, I suppose. I'm going to lay down for a while. Try to clear my head.

He went back to the house.

End of Chapter 8

Chapter 9: Ocean

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven woke up and went to the bathroom to wash up. Last night, he didn't because he was still a bit shaken from Lapis escaping and telling him that he couldn't trust the gems. He already doesn't trust them, nothing personal, but did they do something to Lapis?

He doesn't quite know at the moment. He tried turning the sink on but no water came out.

(Steven) What?

He turned it off and back on but still no water.

(Steven) Did Dad forget to pay the water bill again?

He rubbed his sleepy eyes and went outside to head over to the carwash to find his father. But he didn't need to do that since his dad and every resident of Beach City was at the boardwalk, staring at the ocean but no ocean was there. He ran over to the crowd and went to his dad.

(Greg) Steven, I was just about to get you.

(Steven) Whats going on?

(Greg) The oceans gone. This morning when I woke up to take a shower, no water came out the faucet. At first, I thought I forgot to pay the bill but I already did. Then, when I was about to drive to the water place to see what was wrong, I noticed the ocean was missing.

(Steven) Don't worry, I think I know what to do. I'll get to the bottom of this.

(Greg) Alright.

Steven went back to the house with Greg following him. Before Steven said something to the gems, Garnet stopped him.

(Garnet) We know and saw. It was Lapis Lazuli. The gem you released from the mirror. She has the power to manipulate liquids so she is using Earth's water.

(Steven) What for?

(Pearl) We don't know. She could be doing anything with it. What we do know is that if we don't get the water back soon, humanity will fall.

(Steven) Any idea where it could be?

(Garnet) I sense where it can be. I know where to go.

(Greg) Great. We can use my van so we don't travel on foot.

(Steven) Not enough room for all of us. I'll take Lion.

(Garnet) I'll be on top of the van.

(Greg) You sure?

(Garnet) Yes. Besides, I needed to lie down anyway.

(Amethyst) Alrighty then, road trip!

5 minutes later

The gang got their gear and was heading out. Garnet was resting on top of the van, like she said. Greg was going driving at a steady pace so she doesn't fall off.

They traveled very far, up mountains, through dark forests, and finally they reached their destination. They knew what it was since Garnet pointed it out.

(Garnet) There.

There was a giant pillar made of water. This was Lapis.

(Amethyst) Whoa...

(Steven) I've never seen anything like this...

(Greg) Guys, I just had the best idea for an album cover...

Steven hopped off of Lion got closer to the pillar.

(Pearl) I don't understand. What does she want with the ocean?

Stevem noticed that there was still fish in the water as well as coral, reef, and everything else you can find in an ocean.

(Steven) Lapis is controlling the water and using her ability to form and shape it into a pillar. She needs it for something.

Lapis: You shouldn't be here!

A voice yelled which caused an echo along with shaking the environment. The voice startled the fish.

(Steven) Lapis!

Lapis: Go away before I make you.

(Steven) I've come here to talk.

Lapis: But you're one of them... one of the Crystal Gems.

Steven looked at them and back to the pillar.

(Steven) I'm not. They don't exactly appreciate my presence.

Truth be told, he was half correct on that.

(Steven) Just come down here and let's talk. I can help you.

Lapis: You don't understand. Just leave me alone.

(Steven) No! Not until we talk or give us the ocean back.

Lapis: There! We talked. Go now!

(Steven) That's not what I meant and you know that. We don't have to talk down here. If you let me up there, we can talk in private.

There was some silence before a hand appeared out of the pillar and allowed Steven to step on it so it can take him up to Lapis.

(Greg) Steven, are you sure you should be going up there?

(Steven) Lapis doesn't trust the gems. No doubt she doesn't trust anyone else at the moment. But she could trust me since I'm not a Crystal Gem and because I let her out.

(Greg) Okay. Good luck.

The hand rised and took him up high, almost out of Earth's atmosphere. He reached the top and expected to fall through the water but the way Lapis is controlling it, it won't let him falk through.

(Lapis) What do you want to talk about, Steven?

Steven found her and and she doesn't look happy. Her eyes were clear white with no pupils and she was still wearing the same dress she wore when Steven released her from the mirror.

(Steven) We just want the ocean back and we don't want to harm you.

(Lapis) Don you know anything, Steven? They don't really care about other gems. All they care about is the Earth but I never believed in this place. For all I know, they probably sent you up here to shatter me so I won't be a problem anymore.

(Steven) No, they didn't. Even if they did, I wouldn't shatter you. I know what you're thinking.

(Lapis) You don't know what I'm thinking!

(Steven) Okay, I can predict what you're thinking.

(Lapis) What?

(Steven) You're just sad and alone. Being trapped in that mirror made you bitter and hostile. You have every right to feel this way but you can't punish everyone else because of it.

(Lapis) (sighs) I'm not punishing anyone...

(Steven) Then what do you want with the ocean?

(Lapis) I'm only using Earth's water to help me stretch to Homeworld but its too far... (sighs) This is hopeless...

Steven noticed the gem on her back is cracked.

(Steven) Your gem is cracked.

(Lapis) I know. If it wasn't, I could just fly to Homeworld instead of using the ocean. But looks like I'm never going back...

Steven just remembered that he has a vial of the healing water in his pocket. He left it there in case of an emergency.

(Steven) I can heal it.

(Lapis) Heal what?

(Steven) Your gem.

(Lapis) What? That's impossible. You're just a human.

(Steven) Just turn around.

(Lapis) Fine...

She turned around as he was getting the vial out of his pocket.

(Lapis) Whatever you're doing, isn't going to work.

He poured the substance directly on her gem. She shivered when she felt some of it going down her back. Her gem glowed and suddenly, water wings came right out of her gems she started flying around in glee.

While joyfully flying, she made a beeline towards Steven and tackled him with a hug.

(Lapis) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Steven!

Her eyes have blue pupils now.

(Steven) No problem.

He gently pushed her off of him and got up.

(Lapis) Okay. Bye.

She flew off into space, searching for her planet. The pillar started rumbling. Without Lapis controlling it, the pillar will tumble.

Steven fell with the tower as they both descend below. Thankfully, Lion came to Steven's rescue as he jumped and caught Steven before he hit the ground. However, there was no ground as they felling the water and it took them aling with Greg's van back to Beach City.

The gems were in the vehicle before the water took it back to the city. They washed up to shore from the ocean and the van broke down, it wasn't going to be taking them anywhere anytime soon.

(Pearl) Well, what's that thing you always say about the pork chops and the hot dogs? (Chuckles)

They got out of the van and Steven got down from Lion.

(Garnet) What happened with Lapis?

(Steven) She was alone and angry. She was also cracked as well. She was using the ocean to go back home but it wasn't enough. So I healed her gem and exchanged she returned the ocean and left without a fight.

(Garnet) Thats good. I'm proud of you.

(Steven) Why?

(Garnet) Someone has to.

(Greg) Hey, I'm proud, too.

They all chucked except Steven.

(Steven) I'm sure this was like an every day mission, right?

(Amethyst) Eh...

(Pearl) Not exactly.

(Steven) Well, we better get used to it. Because I have a feeling we're going to have more than a mission like this.

End of Chapter 9

Chapter 10: Warp Tour

3rd Person P.O.V.

"PLEASE, HELP ME!"

Steven snapped awake. Another one of his nightmares again.

(Steven) Third time this week...

He got up and got himself ready for the day. He walked downstairs to see what the gems were up to.

(Amethyst) Morning Steven. We're getting ready to go on a mission! Wanna come?

(Steven) Sure.

He followed them onto the Warp Pad and it warped them to the location.

After the mission

They were heading back onto the Warp Pad to go home.

(Pearl) I can't believe that went so well.

(Amethyst) That was kind of great when you hit it with your spear and it went like "bing, boing, pkwww!"

(Pearl) And the way you were circling around it, almost looked like strategy.

(Amethyst) (Chuckles) Well, you know, I can do that stuff, too.

Steven and Garnet were behind them.

(Garnet) I believe you did well, too.

(Steven) We all did well.

(Garnet) If you say so.

They stepped on the Warp Pad to warp home. The Warp activated and was at the process of warping them.

(Amethyst) Man, you two should've seen it! It was moving like this.

She started moving crazily to emphasize how fast it moved but accidentally pushed Steven out of the Warp Pad.

(Garnet) Steven!

Steven saw what it looked like beyond the warp. It was dark, cold, and silent. It almost looked like outer space. Steven saw the blue line of the warp they were using but also saw another one.

Who else was using another warp? It can't be Lapis because she left Earth and Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst were all in one warp. Pearl said only gems can use the Warps.

Is there another gem on this planet somewhere else? Steven was yanked back into the Warp Stream by Garnet.

(Pearl) Careful. It's dangerous to stick your body out of the stream.

(Garnet) Theres not much air, and its very cold.

(Steven) I saw something out there.

(Amethyst) What'd ya find?

(Steven) Something was warping out there.

(Pearl) That's not possible. Is your vision blurry from the lack of oxygen you just received?

(Steven) I can see just fine. I know what I saw.

(Garnet) There's nothing out there, Steven. There hasn't been anything else for a long, long time.

Later

It was night and Steven was in bed but staring at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep. Its either because of what he saw at the Warp or from his nightmare again from last night. Suddenly, a blue lught illuminated towards his direction which forced him out of his thoughts.

(Steven) Amethyst, what are you doing?

It was Amethyst opening the fridge. She was wating something in there.

(Amethyst) Hey, Steven, you want some macaroni cheese?

(Steven) No thanks.

(Amethyst) Well, more for me then.

She's going to her room.

(Amethyst) Nighty night.

She left. Steven attempted to sleep again but it was hard. He finally managed to get his body tired enough to rest for a few hours or more.

(Steven) Zzz...

"AHHHH--"

(Steven) (gasp)

It happened again.

(Steven) Why can't I just sleep peacefully for one night?

He got up.

5 minutes later

He was ready to start his day now.

(Steven) Did any of you check the warp last night?

(Amethyst) No, why? Oh, is it because of the thing you saw yesterday? Don't worry, dude. You were probably hallucinating or something.

(Steven) I wasn't hallucinating. It was real.

(Pearl) Listen, nothing on Earth can use the warps but us. Do you understand? Nod if you agree.

He shook his head.

(Garnet) I'm confident that Pearl is right. But if it'll make you feel better, we can just go check.

15 minutes later

They checked various locations to where they've been before. Nothing unusual.

(Pearl) There. We've looked all over. Theres nothing out here to find.

(Steven) You're wrong.

(Pearl) Excuse me?

(Steven) I saw a different Warp being used while we were going home yesterday.

(Pearl) Nothing on Earth can use the Warps but us!

(Steven) What if it came from the Galaxy Warp?

(Pearl) The Galaxy Warp? Thats impossible. Its been inactive.

(Steven) All the more reason to check it out. To see if its still inactive.

(Pearl) Fine!

They warped to the location where the Galaxy Warp was kept.

(Pearl) These were the warps that omce connected us to other planets. If something tried to come from Space or somewhere else, it would be through here. But wait! This Warp Pad is broken, dismantled, inactive for over thousands of years!

(Amethyst) Pearl's right, like usual. Get used to it.

(Pearl) Get that through your cranium! I don't know what else to tell you.

(Steven) I'm not stupid. I know what I saw and I saw another Warp Stream.

(Pearl) Really? Well, if you did see another Warp Stream, can you describe who was using it?

(Steven) I'm not sure.

(Pearl) Exactly. Because if theres nothing in the Warp then theres nothing at all. You just don't know what you're talking about.

(Steven) It sounds like you don't know what I'm talking about.

(Pearl) Oh, I don't know? I know how the Warps work and you can't even operate them without one of us. Believe me, if you mind is even capable of that, nothing is using the Warps!

(Garnet) Alright, enough you two!

She got between them.

(Garnet) This arguement is escalating to nowhere. Its better to stop it now before one of you says something that you'll regret later.

Everyone went back to the Warp Pad to go home.

Later

It was dark, the gems were in their rooms while Steven was monitoring the Warp Pad to see if something was there. He wasn't going to give up without a fight. Something crashed in the room.

Steven shot up when he heard the noise. It was a green orb with green sticks for legs. Steven recognized its shape, it looked like the thing he saw in the other Warp Stream.

It was trying to get to the Warp Pad. Steven blocked it and tried thinking of a way to capture it so he has proof to show the gems since his word isn't good enough for them. The thing slide between Steven's legs and went straight for the Warp Pad.

Steven tried to grab it but accidentally chipped the Warp Pad by bumping the orb into it. The orb shot out a liquid that sealed the crack he made. Before it could Warp away, Steven got onto the Warp Pad with it.

Steven was in the same Wrap Stream with the orb and he grabbed a hold of it. More orbs joined the stream and tried pushing Steven out of it. Steven's head was sticking out of the stream and he saw that other Warp Streams were activated.

He tried getting back into the stream but he was pushed out of it, still holding onto the orb he grabbed. Now he was aimlessly floating in a dark environment. He was cold and was running out of air.

He was right and now he's going to die. He accepts his death if it meant that he was right, then he would no longer have to deal with them. He doesn't have much to lose, except his father but its too late for that now since his was dying quickly.

A Warp Stream activated and a pair of hands came out snd grabbed Steven.

(Garnet) Steven! Are you alright?

(Steven) (Coughing)

(Garnet) Just breathe. You're going to be fine.

She took the orb from his hands.

(Garnet) So, this is what you saw. I should've listen to you. By now, we should know to never underestimate you.

(Pearl) Steven, how did you get here? And what is that?

(Steven) I thought you knew everything, Pearl.

His voice was a bit raspy from the lack of oxygen but some of that was also anger and sarcasm.

(Pearl) I... I--

(Steven) They're all going to the same place.

They warped to the place they've been when they were checking the Galaxy Warp. Dozens of them were surrounding the Galaxy Warp and started spraying the liquid on it. Then, the Warp was fixed and they got off of it.

(Amethyst) They fixed it?

(Steven) Why would they do that?

(Pearl) I... don't know...

(Steven) Exactly! You were wrong and humans are not as dumb as you think.

The Warp Pad activated and something was coming. Garnet grabbed Pearl and Amethyst and jumped up high on a pillar while Steven hid behind a pillar. The figure stepped out of the Warp Stream and inspected the environment.

(Pearl) Who is that?

(Steven) Shut up! She'll hear you.

The figure was green and had a triangle shaped hairstyle. The green stranger used its limb enhancers to activate a screen.

(Peridot) Log date: 312. This is Peridot performing Earth hub maintenance check. Warp repair a success. All 79 flask robonoids deployed and accounted for. Preparing to locate and manually reactivating kindergar--

She noticed a robonoid is missing a leg and had a leak. She crushed it with her metal boot to eliminate it.

(Peridot) Now to access the domestic Warp.

She noticed that there was a few footprints nearby.

(Peridot) This sight may have been compromised.

She warped away after placing a green device on the warp. The device beeped and emitted a green light before exploding bur not harming the Warp Pad. The robonoids have fallen over and is now deactivated.

(Pearl) They're coming back! I can't do this! Not again!

(Amethyst) We're dead! We are so dead!

(Garnet) You two need to calm down.

(Amethyst) Calm down?! She's gonna come back with more gems that are more powerful than us! We're screwed!

Steven marched to the Warp and slammed fist on it, creating a crack that is similar to the last one. His fist was dripping blood but he didn't care at the moment.

(Steven) There! She can't come back now. The Warp is cracked since its broken again and she can't use it to come back. If she wants to fix it, she's going to have to send more of those robonoids to fix it again. But we'll prevent them. Now, lets take this robonoids back home with us and see if we can use them for parts. They could be useful for us.

(Amethyst) R-right! Lets just takes these and go home.

They all gathered what they can carry and went to Warp Pad to go home.

(Garnet) Steven.

(Steven) What?

(Garnet) Thank you.

(Steven) Don't mention it.

They warped home.

End of Chapter 10

Chapter 11: On The Run

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was taking a break from testing the fountain water. His research on the magical water is quite intriguing. He recently discovered that it does not only heal flesh wounds, it can heal broken bones.

Don't ask how he discovered it, he really doesn't want to talk about it. He was reading a book called "The No Home Boys: On the Run". He can relate to a few things from it.

He heard the Warp Pad activated so it means that the gems are back. He put the book down and went to the Warp.

(Steven) You're back.

He noitced that they were holding the robonoids that they saw when they discovered Peridot.

(Steven) What are you doing with those?

(Pearl) We can't have them reactivating and fixing the Homeworld Warp.

(Amethyst) Hey Steven, check this out!

She crushed a robonoid with her hands and it broke and goo splashed onto her face.

(Amethyst) Kaboom!

This caught Pearl off guard and she accidentally dropped the robonoids in her arms.

(Pearl) Amethyst, please! This is serious! We need to understand these things, not squash them. If Homeworld gems are trying to return to Earth... They have to be stopped!

(Garnet) Pearl, calm down. We're still cut off. The Earth is safe.

(Steven) What do the Homeworld gems want? Its not like Earth has anything to offer them.

(Pearl) Steven, a very long time ago, gems tried to do something very bad. It was something that would have damaged the Earth and eliminate Humanity. Some gems, like Rose, Garnet, and myself felt like this was unfair to the life that already existed here, and so we swore to never let the Earth be used for their... purposes, even if it meant we could never go home.

(Garnet) We chose Earth.

(Steven) Then why did Rose leave? If this rebellion was meant to protect the planet then she should be here.

(Pearl) We're... uncertain about her decision. Maybe she believed protecting the Earth is done and went to do her own thing. The whole point of the rebellion was for Earth's independence and freedom for gems who couldn't stand for Homeworld's rules.

(Steven) She could've at least told us instead of leaving without saying goodbye.

(Garnet) Don't hold it against her, Steven. She has made mistakes before but she has own up to them. I'm sure if she ever returns, she'll apologize for leaving.

(Steven) I hope you're correct.

They left to put the robonoids somewhere.

(Amethyst) Whacha got there, Steven?

(Steven) A book. Its called "The No Home Boys". Its about three boys who ran away from home with no past or future.

(Amethyst) Heh, sorta sounds like us, except the whole boy thing. Hey, lets run away.

(Steven) No.

(Amethyst) Ah, c'mon! Don't you have get tired of them?

(Steven) Sometimes but I'm not running away.

(Amethyst) Okay, how about we leave Beach City temporarily and return?

(Steven) How long?

(Amethyst) I dunno.

(Steven) I'll only go if we get back before the end of the day.

(Amethyst) Okay, fine, whatever. So will you go?

(Steven) Fine.

(Amethyst) Yes! Lets go.

5 hours later

Steven went with Amethyst. They travelled out of Beach City and was on a train. Steven was resting against some hay that was inside the boxcar but hay isn't as soft as it was shown on the illustrations, it was really scratchy.

Not that it bothered him, he's been through worse but this was just a little discovery for him.

(Steven) Amethyst, its getting dark. We should head back now.

She didn't respond.

(Steven) Amethyst?

(Amethyst) I don't wanna go back. Its not my home.

(Steven) Of course its not your actual home but its better than Homeworld.

(Amethyst) Homeworld isn't my home either.

(Steven) Then where are you from?

(Amethyst) I'll show you but if you're willing to go.

(Steven) Fine.

30 minutes later.

(Amethyst) Here we are! Welcome to the kindergarten! What do you think?

(Steven) It looks... decent.

(Amethyst) Sure is! C'mon!

She lead him into it. He saw some sort of injectors on the walls.

(Steven) What is this place?

(Amethyst) Is kind of where I'm from.

(Steven) I thought gems were from Homeworld.

(Amethyst) Pearl and Garnet are, but I was made here on Earth. Like you.

She stopped in place and saw something.

(Amethyst) (gasp) Check it out! (Laughing) Oh, man. I missed this guy.

She said to a rock.

(Amethyst) Aww! It's my climbing rock. And over there, that's the sitting rock! And that was the one rock that I kicked into two rocks!

(Steven) How long did you live here?

(Amethyst) For a while, I guess, um, at least until I met Rose and the others.

She hopped off the rock and gleefully ran towards another area with more injectors.

(Steven) What were the injectors for?

(Amethyst) Some gem junk from a long time ago. It's probably busted by now.

Steven inspected the injector. Five drill heads, four little ones and one big drill head. He didn't like the way it looks.

(Amethyst) Hey, Steven. Look. Here's the hole I came out of!

(Steven) A hole?

(Amethyst) It's my hole! Look, its me-sized.

She slide perfectly into the hole in the wall.

(Amethyst) Still got that good hole smell.

(Steven) You came out of this hole?

(Amethyst) This is where I was made, dude. One day, just [Pop] right out of this hole.

Steven noticed there were other holes, too.

(Steven) What about the other holes?

He heard a Warp Pad activate and he saw Pearl coming out of it.

(Pearl) There you are!

(Amethyst) Great, here comes the Fun Police.

(Pearl) Garnet said you'd be here, but I didn't want to believe it. Amethyst, what are doing here and why did you bring him?

(Amethyst) I don't know. We were in the neighborhood.

She kicked a rock.

(Steven) Pearl, Amethyst said she was made here. Is that true?

(Pearl) How much did you tell him?

(Amethyst) What? You mean about the bad thing? How this bad place is where bad gems came to grow more bad gems? Is that what you're talking about?

(Pearl) Amethyst!

(Amethyst) Don't worry, Steven! Everything's just fine now.

(Pearl) Amethyst.

(Amethyst) It all worked out. We won!

(Pearl) Stop.

(Amethyst) And we shut this place down so the Earth would be safe from parasites like me!

(Pearl) Amethyst, thats enough!

Amethyst walked the opposite direction.

(Steven) Is that what the injectors are for?

(Pearl) (sighs) Yes. They drained life from Earth to produce more gems. This place is horrible.

(Amethyst) Then why don't you just leave!

She grabbed her whip and used it to throw Pearl at an injector leg.

(Amethyst) Admit it, I'm just an embarrassment to you!

Pearl got her spear out. Steven backed up to avoid getting into the crossfire.

(Pearl) I don't want to fight you.

(Amethyst) I wouldn't want to fight me neither.

She zoomed towards Pearl but she jumped to the side and shot lasers from her spear to stop Amethyst but she went up high and tried using her whip from there but Pearl cut it. Amethyst tossed the useless ehip3and got another one out to blindly attack Pearl with but she kept in missing her and Pearl kicked her away.

(Pearl) Amethyst, stop this! You can't beat me.

(Amethyst) I don't care! Aaaaah!

She got two whips out. She grabbed the spear with them.

(Amethyst) I'm not gonna let you stand there and remind me of everything I hate about myself!

She whipped Pearl towards an injector. She hit it hard and landed on the ground.

(Amethyst) I never asked for it to be this way. (Sniffles) I never asked to be made!

(Pearl) Amethyst...

(Steven) Stop!

He got between them.

(Steven) I know you're upset, but I'm not allowing this to get any further.

The injector that has been hit with Pearl is starting to fall over. Steven instinctively pushed Pearl and himself out of the way before it crashed onto them. Amethyst went inside her hole.

Once the dust disappeared, Steven went towards her.

(Steven) Amethyst.

(Amethyst) Go away. I'm bad, and you shouldn't be around me. You don't understand how bad it is, if you did, then you wouldn't be talking to me.

Steven looked at Pearl.

(Steven) Go talk to her.

(Pearl) But--

(Steven) You need to settle this with her.

She went in the hole.

(Pearl) Amethyst?

She didn't say anything.

(Pearl) Amethyst, I-I had no idea you've been upset about this.

(Amethyst) What?! You have no idea?! This is like my entire existence! You want to pretned that none of this ever happened! You think I'm just a big mistake!

She grabbed her hair in fury.

(Pearl) (gasp) No, no. Amethyst, you're not the mistake. You're just the by-product of a... big mistake...

She realized that didn't help.

(Pearl) No, that's not... I... I just never thought of this as you. None of this is your fault. You didn't build this place. I-I'm sorry, Amethyst. I hope you can forgive me. You're the one good thing that came out of this mess. I always thought you were proud of that.

She offered Amethyst her hand to help her out of the hole. Steven moved away from the hole so they can get out of it. Once they left the hole, Amethyst hugged Pearl.

(Steven) Lets go back home.

(Amethyst) Yeah, I guess that is my home.

They used the Warp Pad to go home.

End of Chapter 11

Chapter 12: Foreign Mechs

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Connie) Here.

She hands him a book.

(Steven) What is this?

(Connie) It's my favorite series. It's about this girl named Lisa. And she's a witch. I mean, she doesn't know she's a witch at first. And she has a familiar, which is sort of like this spirit companion that everyone in the world has, and hers is a talking falcom name Archimicarus. Anyways, she goes on this quest to find her father after he's kidnapped hy a mysterious one-eyed man.

(Steven) This book sounds interesting. I'll read it when I have the time.

(Connie) I'm sure you'll like it.

Something crashed into the ocean.

(Connie) Whoa...

The gems heard the rumble from inside and immediately went outside.

(Steven) Its one of those robonoids but this one is much larger than the other ones.

(Connie) What?

It started marching towards them but Garnet hopped in front of it to halt it.

(Garnet) Amethyst! Pearl!

They both started falling from the sky and landed on the robonoids to create a critical hit and destroyed it. Goo was everywhere.

(Steven) You alright?

(Connie) I love hanging out at your place...

Steven wiped the goo off of him.

(Pearl) We never seen one this big before.

(Amethyst) Or this gooey.

(Pearl) Amethyst, we need to be careful. We don't know what this stuff is.

(Amethyst) (snickering)

(Pearl) Oh, no. Don't you dare get that stuff on me!

(Amethyst) Goop hug!

She started chasing Pearl.

(Amethyst) C'mere, Pearl!

(Pearl) No, go away!

(Amethyst) I want a hug!

(Connie) Peridot, is that the gem you told me about?

(Steven) Yes. From what we know, she tried to rebuild the Galaxy Warp Pad so Homeworld can use it to get to Earth.

(Connie) Thats bad, right?

(Steven) The gems are terrified of them returning, so I guess that is bad. Hopefully, they never get here.

(Pearl) AHH, AMETHYST, LET GO OF ME!

Steven walked towards Garnet, inspecting the broken device.

(Steven) What do you think it was trying to do?

(Garnet) We destroyed it, thats all that matters.

(Steven) Is there anything we can salvage? We could use some of the technology.

(Garnet) The technology that these robonoids have are not useful for us. Even if it was, theres nothing we could salvage from this one.

(Amethyst) Goop hug!

Amethyst jumped to Garnet. Pearl walked by and Garnet pulled her into the goop hug. Amethyst gave Steven a look as if she plans on giving him a goop hug.

(Steven) Don't even think about it.

Later

Steven was reading the book that Connie reccomend him. Then a rumbled occured. Steven had an idea of what it was and he bookmarked the page he was reading.

(Garnet) Something entered the atmosphere.

Everyone went outside. The saw a star.

(Pearl) Its It's another one of those things!

It landed

(Garnet) It landed on Mask Island.

Everyone went to the Warp Pad to stop it.

On the Island.

They warped. They saw the machine moving around and checking the environment.

(Pearl) Is it looking for a Warp?

(Garnet) We have to stop it!

Everyone but Steven charged at the mech and destoryed it.

(Steven) Thats the second time this week. What is it trying to do?

He wiped the goo off him.

(Pearl) We're not really sure.

(Garnet) It's not trying to do anything now.

Later

Steven was reading the book again. Finally, some peace and quiet.

(Rumble)

(Steven) (Sighs in frustration)

He bookmarks the page before closing it. The gems bursted into the room again.

(Steven) What now?

The gems were annoyed as well.

(Amethyst) Grr, what is with these things?! This is like the fifth one this week.

Garnet used her future vision to detect the location.

(Garnet) We'll find it in the desert.

Everyone went to the Warp.

At the desert

They found it quickly and tried destroying it. Amethyst had her whip wrapped around it, Garnet was pushing it back, and Pearl was jabbing her spear into it multiple times.

(Pearl) (deliberately) Stop. Coming. Here. You. Stupid. Balls!

(Amethyst) Yeah, let it out. Get crazy.

The machine tugged which made Amethyst nearly lose her grip.

(Steven) Stop!

They stopped.

(Steven) How many more of these things are we going to fight?

(Pearl) We don't know! They just keep coming and coming and we don't know anything!

(Steven) It probably does.

(Pearl) What do you mean?

(Steven) Let it go and we'll follow it.

(Amethyst) Are you nuts?!

(Pearl) Thats too risky!

(Garnet) We can't fight these things forever. Well, we can, but I don't want to. Lets listen to Steven. If we see anything we don't like then we'll smash it.

Amethyst lets it go and everyone hopped on top of it.

(Amethyst) We're dead.

(Steven) Not yet. Maybe not at all.

The machine stood on its legs and marched foward. It went to the Warp Pad and warped.

Somewhere

They Warped to the Kindergarten. The gems had scared looks on their faces.

(Garnet) Kindergarten...

(Pearl) Oh, why here? This site had been damaged enough by the gems that were incubated here 6,000 years ago. (Breathes shakey) That's it! It's been confirmed! This thing is up to no good.

She attempted to draw her weapon but Steven stopped her.

(Steven) Wait. We don't know anything yet. Let it continue.

(Pearl) Fine.

She left her weapon inside her gem.

The machine hopped off the Warp Pad and moved to a direction.

(Pearl) What does it want here?

(Steven) We're not sure yet but I think we're about to find out.

(Pearl) I don't like this at all...

(Amethyst) I'm kinda with Pearl on this one.

(Steven) None of us do but we're doing this to know what it wants. We should know so we need what to protect.

(Pearl) I can't believe we're doing this.

It stopped.

(Garnet) Something's happening.

Everyone jumped off of it. Its legs dissapeared and a green spark emits underneath it for a second. Then a green floor emits and it turns into am upside down pyramid.

It fits into the floor and glows neon green. It moves into the ground and opens an opening.

(Steven) It revealed something.

They all looked down the hole. None of the gems seems eager to jump down so Steven jumped first.

(Steven) Lets go.

They hesitated at first but jumped down anyway. They landed on a green platform that is lowering.

(Pearl) What is all this?

It lands and a room lit up in green. A podium appears. They heard a noise and they found a mini robonoid making its way to the podium with a hand on it. It pressed a button and a screen emitted.

Peridot was a gem to be seen on the screen. Everyone jumped out of sight.

[Screen] (Peridot) Establish Gem production link with control room. Plug robonoid had successfully landed on planet Earth and entered Prime Kindergarten control room in facet 5. We'll proceed to perform status-check of Kindergarten.

The screen moved away.

(Amethyst) It's Peridot...

(Pearl) (gasp) Is she trying to re-activate the Kindergarten? Doesn't she know it'll destory all life on Earth?

(Steven) Not if we have anything to say about it.

(Garnet) Okay, here's the plan: we can't let her see us, so we wait for an opening. When she's distracted, we destroy the power source on the far wall.

(Steven) That'll take too long.

Steven got out of hiding and out in the open.

(Gems) Steven!

Steven sneaked around and stayed out of Peridot's sight.

[Screen] (Peridot) Now counting all operational injectors checking for aberrations in perimeter.

She controlled the mechanisms.

[Screen] (Peridot) This gem tech is archaic.

Steven was looking for the power source. He found it but Peridot was facing that direction. He needed something to smash it with.

It was obvious that it needed to be sturdy and strong, like a big rock. He tried looking for any debris that could've been lying around for him to pick up. No such luck.

Those hands that Peridot is control should do the trick. But how is he going to use them when she can quickly move them. He just has to be quicker.

The right fist was close to the power source. Perfect! Now, Steven has to give it a hard shove and it'll destroy it. Steven now was trying to think of ways to push it without Peridot seeing him.

He figured it out but it was risky. He can run up to it, jump at it, and push it with his feet at full force and it'll definitely destroy the power source. The only flaw was that Peridot could hear him running.

He tested to see if she could hear but knocking on the floor. She didn't respond to that so she must not be able to hear him from over there. Steven backed up and got off to a running start.

He got close enough and did exactly what he thought of doing. Peridot only got a glimpse at Steven before the screen completely shut off.

(Amethyst) Is it over?

(Pearl) What were you thinking? She could've seen you!

(Steven) But she didn't. Besides, what does it matter whether she saw me or not? Its not like she would assume I was with you.

(Garnet) That is true. It wouldn't matter if she saw him. You did a nice job but be sure to let us know next time. Lets go home. Theres nothing here for us.

End of Chapter 12

Chapter 13: Encrypted Message

3rd Person P.O.V.

Greg was playing his guitar.

(Steven) It sounds decent enough.

(Greg) Aw, thanks. I'm thinking about calling it "Water Witch". And check this out. I can add some vocal disorientations, too.

He grabs a microphone and adjusts the mini control pad connected to it.

[Influenced by Microphone] (Greg) Steven, your Dad's a robot now. And now that I'm a robot, things will be better and colder. Please forgive me for being an amazing machine.

He adjusts during his speech and made multiple voices during it.

(Steven) Where did you get the equipment for that?

(Greg) It was part of my stuff when I use to do concerts and stuff. Now its part of everything else in the storage unit. I was recently inspired by making some new songs after that trip to save Earth's water. Take a look.

He showed Steven a picture of a cover. It showed a woman who looks like Lapis.

(Steven) Dad, this is Lapis.

(Greg) I know but I'm not trying to make her look bad or anything. I just think she and that pillar of water was cool. If she ever comes back to Earth, I gotta thank her for the idea. Hey, wanna help me make a new jam?

He offered Steven an electric guitar.

(Steven) Sure.

He plugs in the guitar and tune it.

(Greg) We need a catchy hook. Got any ideas?

(Steven) I think I have one.

He took a moment to prepare hinself before he started playing the guitar.

(Steven) 🎶 She was trapped in a mirror and it couldn't be clearer. She wanted to leave this place and get herself back in space. And you might think she's a criminal but her friendship comes through sublimibal. Lapis Lazuli, you fled into the bottom of the sea. Lapis Lazuli, you were so mad, but then you came around to me. 🎶

(Greg) Steven, that was beautiful. I should've let you wrote all my songs.

(Steven) I don't think I'm that great. But it was something.

Then they heard some weird and annoying sound.

(Steven) What is that?

(Greg) Must be some kind of weird feedback.

He tried tuning the control panel.

(Greg) Hmm... It's not us. I think it's coming from the temple.

(Steven) I'll check it out.

Inside the house.

Steven opened the door and noise got louder and it's rumbling the house. Steven covered his ears in attempt to decrease the volume he's hearing but no such luck.

(Steven) What's going on?!

(Pearl) It's the Wailing Stone!

(Amethyst) Make it stop!

(Pearl) It just activated on its own!

(Amethyst) It won't shut off!

Garnet placed the stone down and activated her gauntlet. She placed her gauntlet on it to stop the rumbling and sound. It worked.

She removed the gauntlet to see if it stopped permanently but it went back to making the loud sound. Pearl thought of an idea. She bubbled the stone.

(Pearl) It worked! Now we can--

The bubble popped and the stone resumed its noise. Garnet grabbed the cushions from the couch and covered the stone to drown its sound. It worked and ot seems to be fine for now.

(Garnet) I don't understand. That thing has lain dormant since we found it.

(Pearl) I haven't heard a Wailing Stone activated since we used them for the rebellion. And I've never heard it sound like that.

(Garnet) Someone is trying to send us a message.

(Pearl) But who? We've rounded up all the Wailing Stones on Earth, and we're not sending this signal to ourselves. Unless... Amethyst, is this a prank?

(Amethyst) No way! I want it to stop! I don't like it!

(Garnet) If it's not coming from Earth, then a gem must be sending this message from space.

(Steven) Gems sound like that?

(Pearl) No, we should be hearing a voice. Maybe this signal is too advanced for the Wailing Stone to process. That would explain the distorted audio.

They tried thinking of ways to decipher the audio. Steven started brainstorming.

"I can add some vocal disorientations, too."

"That would explain the distorted audio."

(Steven) Audio. My Dad knows audio.

(Amethyst) You mean Greg?

(Pearl) I don't know...

(Garnet) Don't whine. Steven has helped us before with the Light Canon and discovering Peridot. We should let him try.

Outside.

The gems patiently wait while Steven was helping Greg set up the audio panel.

(Greg) You've come to the right guy. I got the Lubitz Cardioid Condenser 680. It's got warm tones without too much top end.

(Amethyst) That big sponge thing?

(Greg) Yes. Steven, you know how to use it?

(Steven) I'm certain.

He grabbed it and shoved it into the Wailing Stone.

(Greg) Alright, let's add some reverb and some low-octave effects. I'm also adding some fuzz.

He used the panel to adjust it.

(Greg) Now, if I directly imput the Wailing Stone and run it through a flanger, we might get what you're looking for.

(Pearl) Flangers aside, do you really think a signal like this is compatible with your analog devices?

(Steven) We're not 100% sure but it's worth a try.

(Greg) Well, here goes nothin'.

He plays the sound but its still the same sound.

(Amethyst) This is even worse!

Greg quickly tried changing the sound and adjusting it so its not annoying anymore. The sound lowers.

(Steven) It's sounds like music.

(Greg) Yeah, I guess it does.

(Pearl) But it's not suppose to be music. It's supposed to be a message.

(Greg) Okay, hold on.

He tried fiddling with the panel.

(Greg) Its changing.

(Steven) It almost sounds like a voice.

(Greg) Almost got it.

Before it could continue, a burst happened and the audio shuts off.

(Greg) Oh, great!

(Pearl) What's happening? Wheres the signal?

(Greg) Uh, looks like the van battery couldn't handle all of this.

(Pearl) I had a feeling this wouldn't work. There's just no way Greg's equipment can interface with our ancient gem technology.

(Steven) Now, hold on a minute. Just because we encountered a set back, doesn't mean it can't work. We almost had it.

(Greg) He's right. We just gotta keep trying.

(Garnet) You did your best. We'll figure something else out.

(Pearl) What a waste of time.

(Amethyst) See you later, Gregory.

They went back to the temple.

(Greg) (sighs) I really blew it, huh?

(Steven) No, you didn't. They just don't have faith in you.

Greg got guitar and started a tune.

(Greg) 🎶 I could have tamed you. I could have shown that I could depose you from your loud throne. But in the end, I wasn't good enough. I just showed the gems that I ain't got the stuff. Oh, Wailing Stone, I tried so hard to fly but I was thrown. Oh, Wailing Stone, I got to tell the gems 'cause they should know. Have a little, have a little, have a little faith in me. I just wanted to help. You know, I have a little, have a little, have a little expertise. I know its not much but if it could come in handy. I'd want to be there. I think so highly of you. It just isn't fair that you have so little faith...🎶

Greg took a moment.

(Greg) Eh, thats a "B" side.

(Steven) I don't like seeing you upset. There has to be sommthing else we can try.

(Greg) Eh, I don't know, Steven. I mean, sound and stuff like this? This stuff's my whole world. And if I can't figure this out, then maybe it isn't even sound.

(Steven) If not sound, then what?

He had an idea.

(Steven) Dad, you know what the two basic things a TV has?

(Greg) Uh, what?

(Steven) Audio and Video.

(Greg) Yeah but what does that have to do with this?

(Steven) If it's not audio then it has to be video.

(Greg) Oh, my goodness, you're right!

(Steven) We have to tell the gems.

Inside the house.

Greg and Steven bursted into the room.

(Steven) Wheres the Wailing Stone?

(Amethyst) Over here.

Amethyst called out from a different direction. It seems they were still brainstorming ideas.

(Greg) Listen, I know my equipment seems like a pile of Earth junk to y'all, but I--

(Garnet) Greg, its okay.

(Greg) No! You guys never give up on anything but me. It's not like I can make anything worse.

(Garnet) Okay then, let's try again.

Back outside.

The gems were changing the battery for the van so it can power the equipment. Garnet send electrical circuts to the battery via jumper cables while Amethyst turned the car on with the key.

(Pearl) The battery's ready to go.

(Steven) The Wailing Stone's ready.

Steven got the video cords ready and plugged in. Greg adjusted the panel to the same festures while Steven got the TV ready. Static was shown on the TV.

After adjusting further, Greg managed to play thw message. The TV showed Lapis.

[TV] Steven!

(Steven) Lapis?

(Greg) It did it!

(Pearl) I can't believe my flipping eyes!

(Garnet) Listen!

[TV] I hope you're able to hear this. Theres a gem that's looking for you, she saw you. I don't know how, I didn't tell her anything about you, I swear! She's on her way to Earth. And she's not alone! Steven, Homeworld... its not the way it used to be. Everything here is so advanced! I can't even understand it! There's no way anything on Earth can stand up to it! Please don't put up a fight! It will only lead to devastation! [Static]

The message stopped.

(Pearl) It's Peridot... she must be talking about Peridot... She saw Steven...

(Amethyst) They're coming! This is seriously bad news! What are we gonna do?

(Steven) Prepare.

(Pearl) What?!

(Steven) If they're coming, we should be prepared for them.

(Amethyst) Did you not hear the message? She said nothing on Earth can fight them!

(Steven) That doesn't mean we just give up. If they're look for me, they could possibly be looking for you and Rose Quartz.

Garnet walked to Greg and held out her hand. He shook it.

(Garnet) Thank you, Greg. We wouldn't received this message without your help.

(Greg) You're welcome.

(Steven) We should get started. Who knows when they'll get here.

(Pearl) They get here and what?

(Steven) We stop them. Simple as that.

(Pearl) But--

(Steven) Simple as that.

End of Chapter 13

Chapter 14: Invasion

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven recently had Mayor Dewey arranged a evacuation. Greg insisted on staying but Steven convinced him to go. He didn't like leaving his son alone with a threat this big.

But he knows Steven can handle it, probably. He's shown it quite a few times and is trained like a soldier. He's still not entirely sure how Steven got his training but is grateful that he has it.

The town is now emtpy and its for the best for the moment. Its a bit haunting, seeing a town empty when you know people were there. Hopefully, this situation is temporary.

Steven and the gems have be preparing like Steven said in order to be ready. They don't know what they're exactly up against but they know for sure that it has to be taken seriously.  They've trained for the past three days now.

Today, is the day that Peridot reaches Earth. How they know is when they saw a giant green hand floating towards the town.

(Pearl) It's a ship. We have to assume it's Peridot.

(Garnet) Lapis told us she'd be coming with advanced weapons and reinforcements. Ready the Light Cannons!

They had the Light Cannons ready and pointed to the ship to stop it. Steven said the phrase to light them up. They fired but the ship saw it coming and prepared a defense mechanism.

Not even a scratch was made.

(Garnet) No affect.

(Amethyst) What now?

(Steven) We'll have to take them head on. But right now, we wait.

(Pearl) How can you be so... calm and certain at this moment?! This is something we've never dealt with before.

(Steven) We all been through life-threatening situations. The only difference now between then is because we know its coming. We know they have dangerous weapons and devices that could harm us but we shouldn't let our fear take over.

(Garnet) You're right. We shouldn't give up or be afraid. We promised to protect this planet, even if it cost our lives to do it. Thats what the Crystal Gems are for.

A few hours later

The ship got closer to them. The gems were scared but they remembered what Steven said and that helps ease their fear. The ship finally landed and two figures appeares from it.

(Peridot) That's the human all right. It's the one who broke my machine.

(Jasper) That?

(Peridot) Jasper! It destroyed ny equipment!

(Jasper) (sighs)

She stepped forth.

(Jasper) It looks like another waste of my time.

She yanked someone.

(Jasper) Hey, get over here.

It was Lapis.

(Lapis) (Gasp) Steven?

(Jasper) This is their base?

(Lapis) (Obediently) Yes.

(Garnet) You need to leave immediately!

(Amethyst) Yeah, step off!

(Pearl) This is not a gem-controlled planet!

They had their weapons.

(Jasper) Neither of you saw Rose Quartz?

(Steven) That's none of your concern!

(Jasper) Oh, what a shame. I'd hoped to meet her. I was looking forward to beating her into the ground.

(Steven) You need to leave this planet, right now!

(Jasper) But this is all that's left or army? Some lost, defective Pearl, a puny, overcooked runt, a shameless display of fusion, and a inferior species?

(Peridot) That one was clever enough to destory my equipment on my watch.

(Lapis) He's just a human. He isn't a threat at all. He-- He's not one of them. Please don't hurt him!

(Jasper) I know what a human is. You don't need me for this. Just blast them with the ship.

She walked away. Steven couldn't take it anymore.

(Steven) Hey!

She turned around. Steven managed to get close enough to her to jump and kick her, square in the face, nearly making her fall over.

(Lapis) (gasp)

(Peridot) Oh, dear.

(Crystal Gems) (Gasp)

Steven stood his ground. Jasper only smiled and chuckled.

(Jasper) Looks like this one has got some fight in it.

She stood up straight in stared at him deep into the eyes.

(Jasper) You're quite bold.

Steven gave her a punch that nearly spun her around with such force. This only made Jasper chuckle again.

(Jasper) For such a lower lifeform, you contain quite a punch. Go ahead, do it again.

Steven quickly responded with another punch but she kicked him away before he could hit her. The gems got ready to attack.

(Jasper) Good.

Garnet charged but Jasper activated some helmet that protected her from Garnet's gauntlets.

(Jasper) Priming Gem Destabilizer.

She had a yellow rod which she used to attack Garnet. One hit and Garnet poofed, right in front of everyone.

(Amethyst) (Gasp)

(Pearl) (Frightened Scream)

The only thing that remained was her gems. Steven tried attacking her but she was quick to grab his neck. He was struggling to break free.

(Jasper) I don't know who you are but I'm sure you might be able to tell us something back at Homeworld about Rose Quartz. You have failed!

She headbutts him and he was knocked out.

End of Chapter 14

Chapter 15: Jailbreak

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven wakes up, his head hurts. He tried remember what happened. Now he remembers:

Peridot reached Earth but was accompanied by Jasper. They had Lapis as their prisoner and she told them about Steven. Steven then attacked Jasper out of anger because she insulted the human race.

Then, she poofed Garnet and head butted Steven to incapacitate him. He scolded himself for attacking without a plan, that's probably why they failed to defend themselves against the enemy. But, Lapis did mention that their weapons and technology was advanced so there was nothing they could do.

Steven wasn't willing to give up yet, not without a fight. He stood up and took a look at his surroundings. He was in a small green room and the exit had a yellow force field. The color of the force field looked similar to the weapon Jasper held when she attacked Garnet.

That thing instantly destoryed Garnet's form, Steven wondered what it could do to him. He got curious and touched it without hesitation. Nothing happened.

He felt it going down on his hand but it didn't hurt. It was slighty nudging his hand to go down. He then walked through it.

It felt weird in his body but he seemed to be fine afterwards. He was free. Whoever put him in that cell, obviously didn't know that their technology was ineffective against humans.

This was perfect. Steven could sneak around and find out where he is. He walked slowly to avoid making noises and kept his ears listening for anything. Listening for voices or footsteps.

He heard someone but he didn't recognize her voice. She was singing, it sounded very distant. Steven tried following the sound.

As he continued his slow pace, he noticed that there are other cells but they are empty. He found a window and looked out of it. He saw that this ship was very far from Earth.

If he was going back home, he needed to operate this ship. He then resumed walking. Steven saw a passageway and almost went to it but he heard footsteps and quickly hid next to the wall.

(Peridot) We can't leave yet! The whole point of coming here was to check on the Cluster.

[THUD]

The singing stopped

(Jasper) STOP SINGING! Rose Quartz takes priority. Get back to the bridge and set a course for Homeworld.

He heard footsteps again.

(Peridot) "Go to Earth," they said. "It'll be easy," they said.

Steven poked his head out to see if they're gone, they were. He heard the singing resume. He liked the song, it was quite angelic.

He continued looking for a way to continue the ship. He was not ready to go to Homeworld... yet. He found a room with huge space and what looks like a generator.

Heavy footsteps were heard and he saw Jasper.

(Jasper) Oh, great. You got out. How?

(Steven) Turn this ship around before I do it myself.

(Jasper) You think you're tough?

(Steven) Try me.

Jasper zoomed towards him but he hopped to the side, she crashed into the wall. She got out of the wall and Steven dropped down and kicked her heel which automatically forced her to fall over.

(Jasper) (grunts) Not bad.

She tried sweeping him but he jumped up to avoid her leg. She stood back him and threw a fist at Steven. He caught it with both of his hands.

They stayed like that for a few seconds until Steven let go of her hand and backed up. She tried attacking with a right hook but Steven acted quick went underneath her arm and behind her. He kicked behind her knees which made her kneel and then ran on top of her to jump and land with his fist hitting the back of her head.

She got up and a helmet materialized on her head, thats probably her power. She charged at him but he moved to the side and they kept repeating the same thing for a few more times. Steven remembered that generator thing he saw and thought of an idea.

He stood in front of it and waited for Jasper to charge. She did and he moved to the side and watch her run right into it and it explode. He didn't see where she went but that probably didn't matter since that could've poofed her.

Now that she was out of the way, he can look for a way to find the others and to control the ship. There was still Peridot but he hasn't seen her in a little while. He heard that same voice that was singing.

Instead of ignoring it, he followed it. He found a cell with a small, blue gem with a dress.

(Steven) Who are you?

(Sapphire) I'm Sapphire. How did you escape?

He showed her by putting his arm on the force field which proved how he escaped.

(Sapphire) Of course.

He broke her out of the cell.

(Sapphire) Thank you, Steven.

(Steven) How did you know my name?

(Sapphire) They talked about you.

(Steven) Figured as much.

(Sapphire) Can you help me find Ruby?

(Steven) Ruby?

(Sapphire) She's a gem, my friend. Can you please help me?

(Steven) Okay but I have to find Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst afterwards.

She smiled.

(Sapphire) Don't worry, I will help you find them after we find Ruby.

(Steven) Let's go.

They went through a hallway to look at other cells. Steven saw a gem but it wasn't who they were looking for.

(Steven) Lapis?

She turned around, shocked.

(Steven) Lapis, I can get you out.

(Lapis) Stop!

(Steven) It's okay, I can--

(Lapis) No! I don't want your help. Things are bad enough as it is. I've already made too much trouble. Once we get back to Homeworld, they're going to decide what to do with us.

(Steven) We're not going to Homeworld. Jasper isn't a problem right now.

(Lapis) What did you do?

(Steven) It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm turning this ship around.

(Lapis) No, you can't! You don't know how to work it and theres still Peridot. Please, just go back to the cells and maybe they'll take it easy on us.

Steven decided to leave her alone but he said this before leaving her:

(Steven) I'll come back for you.

He and Sapphire continued looking for Ruby. They found a door that could only be opened if a correct passcode was put in it. Steven couldn't read their language which is weird since they speak English.

(Sapphire) I can think of all the possibilities for what the combination could be for this door--

Steven plunged his fist into the device and broke it, which opened the door.

(Sapphire) Brute force works too, I suppose.

They walked into another room which had more cells and they spot a red gem.

(Ruby) Sapphire!

Steven assumed this was Ruby. He lets her out and she sprints towards Sapphire and grabs into a hug.

(Ruby) Did they hurt you?

(Sapphire) No, no. I'm okay. Did they hurt you?

(Ruby) Who cares?

(Sapphire) I do.

They kissed. They must be more than friends then. Then they started colliding together and glowing and they turned into--

(Garnet) (laughing) STEVEN! Thank you!

(Steven) Garnet? You're a fusion?

She nodded.

(Steven) Well, I shouldn't made be surprised, you did have two gems.

(Garnet) We planned on introducing ourselves to you one day. We didn't think it would be like this.

(Steven) Did I make a good first impression?

(Garnet) You already did.

She hugged him.

(Garnet) Oh, it feels good to be together again. Thank you for letting us out.

(Steven) We need to find Pearl and Amethyst.

(Garnet) I know where to find them. Follow me.

She runs to a direction with Steven following her. They found them both in different cells. Steven let them out.

(Steven) Now we need to use the ship to go back to Earth.

(Pearl) I know how to control it but we need to get to the control room.

They found the control room and found Peridot as the pilot of the ship. She grabbed a destabilizer and tried attacking Steven with it. He snatched it from her hands and broke it like a twig.

(Peridot) (Gasp)

She now knew that their advanced weapons are not effective towards him. She knew she would not win this fight which is why she ran to an escape pod and got away.

(Amethyst) Where'd she go?

(Steven) She escaped. But she's not important at the moment.

(Pearl) Right. I'll turn us around.

Pearl used the controls to move the ship directly towards Earth. She went at a very fast pace. Steven tried finding Lapis so he can let her out.

However, the ship was coming in fast and Pearl couldn't stop it in time, they wete going to crash! Steven quickly broke through the nearest window and fell to the ground. Luckily, he landed in the ocean. The gems would be fine.

He quickly got back to shore and started looking for the gems in the debris.

(Steven) Pearl? Garnet? Amethyst? Lapis?

He moved any rubble that seemed like someone was underneath it. He eventually found Garnet and she was helping Pearl and Amethyst out of the debris.

(Garnet) There you are.

(Steven) Have any of you seen Lapis?

(Pearl) No, we haven't.

They heard someone grunting. They turned and saw Jasper getting out of the debris.

(Jasper) You...

She looked angry.

(Jasper) You didn't win that fight. You only used cheap tatics to defeat me instead of fighting me face to face. You're a coward!

(Steven) No, I'm not. I won that fight fair and square. You're too embarrassed to admit that you lost to a human.

(Jasper) I'll show you whose embarrassed if I--

She heard something. Lapis was getting out of debris and tried flying away but Jasper grabbed her and yanked her back to the ground.

(Jasper) Aw, don't fly off, so soon!

Steven didn't like where this was going.

(Jasper) Lapis, fuse with me!

(Lapis) What?

(Jasper) How long did they keep you on this miserable hunk of rock?

She dropped Lapis.

(Jasper) Those gems are traitors to their homeworld. This is your chance to get revenge!

Lapis glanced to Steven.

(Jasper) Come on, just say "Yes".

Steven and Lapis looked like they were having a telepathic conversation. Lapis stood and offered Jasper her hand, a way of agreeing to fuse. The gems were scared to see what monstrosity would occur when they finish dancing.

(Malachi) (laughing)

Steven stepped forth.

(Steven) Bring it on.

The gems were dumbfounded.

(Pearl) What?

(Amethyst) What are you doing? You gonna get us killed!

The fusion attempted to attack Steven was a fist but a water chain wrapped around it's wrist and stopped it from harming Steven.

(Malachi) What?

More chains appeared and got on their wrists.

(Malachi) What are you doing?!

(Malachi) I am done being everyone's prisoner! Now, you're my prisoner and I'm never letting you go!

Chains started pulling the fusion to the ocean.

(Malachi) No!

Steven slowly walked towards the edge of the surface and watched the fusion slowly drowning itself.

(Malachi) Lets stay on this miserable planet! Together!

Then it vanished into the water.

(Steven) This planet isn't that bad.

That was his response to the fusion, knowing very well that it couldn't hear him.

(Garnet) Yikes, those two are bad for each other.

(Steven) I know. Maybe they should try Tinder.

Garnet chuckled.

(Pearl) Phew, that was a close one.

(Amethyst) Yeah. By the way, how did you know she wasn't going to attack you, Steven?

(Steven) I didn't.

(Amethyst) Wait, really?

(Steven) No. I knew she wouldn't hurt me because Lapis doesn't want to harm me. I knew she would turn on Jasper because of the look she gave me.

(Garnet) That was still a risky move that could've costed your life. But, you seem to be lucky.

(Steven) Luck has nothing to do with it. I just know how to read others.

End of Chapter 15

Chapter 16: Fears

3rd Person P.O.V.

Its been about a month since Steven and the gems were almost taken to Homeworld. The gems took that experience as a lesson and a taste of what they're up against. Peridot escaped and is on Earth somewhere.

The gems have found her escape pod but nothing left traces to her whereabouts. Steven has been training a lot more recently so he could be more prepared for situations like last time in the future. He has also been attenpting to control his anger and become more patient.

He has been improving but he still needed to continue. The others have been training as well. Whenever they're not training, they look for Peridot.

If Peridot makes it back to Homeworld, they may not even be able to deal with what they have. Last time, they were lucky it was just Jasper and no more gems.

(Garnet) We need to track down Peridot. We found her pod, we know she's out there somewhere. She came to Earth with a job to do, and odds aare she's still gonna try to do it. That's why we're discussing this now.

(Pearl) You don't she look for us, right?

(Garnet) We weren't her priority. She was sent here to do something in the Kindergarten.

(Pearl) Do you think she's still going to try to reactivate it?

(Steven) She better not.

(Garnet) If she gets it up and running, the injectors will turn back on.

(Pearl) We cannot let Peridot restart gem production here. If it happens, the planet will become... well...

(Steven) Rotten. If it sucks the life out of the planet, then life will decrease and be eliminated.

(Garnet) You are correct. Which is why we fight for it. Don't worry, we'll stop her. Come on, let's go.

She went to the Warp Pad with eveyone following her.

At the Kindergarten

Steven and the gems were searching the area for any activity.

(Pearl) Well, nothing looks activated. In fact, it doesn't look like anythings budged since the last time we were here.

(Garnet) You're right. But just because Peridot hasn't been here yet doesn't mean she won't come. Let's do a thorough check of the perimeter. That way, we can monitor any future entry.

They spread out, Steven went to search further into the place. It was dark and quiet. Nothing but broken injectors and debris.

He heard a voice

(Peridot) (distant) Log Date 652. This is Peridot. Updating status: Still stuck on miserable planet.

Steven followed the voice and he found it. Peridot was standing on the area where they found that secret room.

(Peridot) The fusion experiments a54 developeing properly. A few have even emerged early-- (gasp)

She spotted Steven.

(Steven) Hello.

...

(Peridot) Are the other ones with you?

She spoke with a low tone, loud enough for Steven to hear.

(Steven) Yes.

She sighed.

(Peridot) Of course. Why not?

(Garnet) (distant) Peridot!

The gems were charging towards her.

(Pearl) There she is!

Peridot ran but Steven was right behind her.

(Pearl) There's nowhere to go! You're cornered!

Peridot started running up the wall.

(Steven) How can she do that?

(Pearl) Doesn't matter.

She threw her spear.

(Peridot) Ha! Missed!

Pearl's spear hit an injector and it fell on Peridot. It crashed onto the ground and Peridot quickly broke free from the debris. Amethyst quickly wrapped her whip around her but Peridot sends an electrical circuit to shock Amethyst but she quickly let the whip go to avoid getting shock.

Peridot began fleeing.

(Peridot) You Crystal Clods! Go ahead, wreck this place! See if I care. I already got what I needed.

(Pearl) Get back here!

Peridot used her limb enhancers to make a propeller to fly away.

(Peridot) (laughing)

Pearl and Amethyst began chasing on foot.

(Amethyst) I'm gonna bop her good!

Steven was about to go after them but Garnet placed a hand on his shoulder.

(Garnet) If Peridot's mission was to reactivate the Kindergarten, the injectors would be on. Look.

None of them were active.

(Garnet) They're not. Let's see what she was actually doing. Down here.

(Steven) She did say that she already has what she needs. We'll probably see nothing.

(Garnet) It's better to check. No harm in taking a look.

(Steven) Okay.

They went down the place they've been before to see what Peridot was doing. It was the same but with barrels scattered and some of them opened.

(Garnet) Something was going on down here.

(Steven) But theres no power. It's still destroyed from last time. What was she doing?

(Garnet) It looks like she pulled these out of the walls. Something strange.

They heard a noise. It was in a barrel. They both went to it to see what was inside it but theres no opening.

It just looks like a brown cylinder. Garnet touched it but then it started shaking.

(Steven) Somethings inside it.

It started shaking more. Then something fell off the ceiling. It was a foot with a on hand on top of it.

(Steven) What the--

He looked up and saw more of the mixed limbs together. He grabbed the one that fell and clenched his fist to poof it.

(Steven) It looks like two gem shards stuck together.

(Garnet) (gasp)

(Steven) What is it?

He noticed that more of them were coming towards them.

(Steven) I guess that's what they are. Stuck together.

(Garnet) ...

(Steven) Garnet?

The barrel exploded behind them. What came out was a monstrous corrupted fusion. It formed into a giant hand of limbs.

(Corrupted Fusion) !sU pLeH

It started crawling towards them. Steven backed away but Garnet was still standing still, frozen in fear.

(Steven) Garnet!

She was scared and shocked at the same time. The thing grabbed onto Garnet, trying get her to become one with it.

(Steven) Garnet!

Steven grabbed her by her waist and yanked her away the creature. Her visor fell off. The corrupted fusion was started crawling towards them.

(Corrupted Fusion) !sU pLeH ,eSaElP

Steven moved Garnet away from the fusion since it is triggering something in her. Steven saw the gem of the creature and thought of an idea. He ran straight towards it and avoid it's limbs as he grabbed a hold of the gem.

He pulled on it to make it poof. It pulled it out and the whole thing exploded. He held the gem that has multiple shards on it forced onto it like glue. He picked up Garnet's visor and walked to her.

(Steven) You dropped this.

She grabbed her visor and puts it on. Steven also gave her the gem he pulled out for her to bubble it. She put it in a bubble but didn't send it to the temple. She looked angry.

(Garnet) So, this is what Homeworld thinks of fusion.

(Garnet) We couldn't have known they would do this.

(Garnet) This is where they're been; all the ones we couldn't find. They've been here the whole time!

(Garnet) Rose couldn't have known.

(Garnet) This was punishment for the rebellion!

(Garnet) (voice breaking) It's not our fault.

(Steven) Garnet!

She stopped.

(Garnet) S-Steven. I--

(Amethyst) Yo. We're back.

(Pearl) Garnet, we lost Peridot. She was too fast for us.

A small tiny corrupted fusion was crawling around. Pearl picked it up.

(Pearl) What are these things?

(Garnet) Put them down!

She dropped it in fear.

(Garnet) We can't let any escape. We need to poof and bubble all of them!

Later

Steven checked on Garnet from outside. She went outside earlier and said she need some air. Steven knew something was up since gems don't need air.

(Steven) Garnet?

She was on the porch, leaning on the railing.

(Steven) Are you all right?

(Garnet) I wish you hadn't seen that.

(Steven) It's okay.

(Garnet) It's not okay.

(Steven) Why do you say that?

(Garnet) What Homeworld did: Taking the shattered parts of fallen gems and combining them. Those gems weren't asked permission. Fusion is a choice. Those gems weren't given a choice. It isn't right! It isn't fusion!

She stopped.

(Steven) I understand. It's disturbing to see something you care about being dark and twisted. Don't let it take over.

(Garnet) It's not that simple.

(Steven) No, it's not. But that's why you have to fight back and not let it control you. You almost became one of them because you let your fear got the better of you. It's okay to be scared but don't let it choose your decisions. Trust me, I learned it the hard way.

She took everything he said into account and considered her next choice of words.

(Garnet) You're right. I shouldn't have froze like that.

End of Chapter 16

Chapter 17: False Fusion

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was watching TV but it suddenly started showing static. Weird, his dad paid the cable bill yesterday. Then, it started playing a weird frequency message.

[TV] On all frequencies... Peridot... This is Peridot. Transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised. My escort and informant are gone, and I am now stranded. Please send help!

Static appeared and replayed the message.

(Steven) I'm going to assume that's bad for us.

(Pearl) Where would it be broadcasting?

(Garnet) There's only one place.

In a familiar location

Lion helped transported the gang to the location where the signal was being broadcast. This was the same atea Garnet and Amethyst formed Sugilite.

(Pearl) It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the communication hub. Well, at least some of it.

(Steven) We just have to destory it again. Do we need Sugilite?

(Amethyst) Well, uh, it's up to Garnet, I guess. What do you say? Shall we mash it up?

(Garnet) No.

(Amethyst) But... Don't we need to be huge like last time?

(Garnet) Last time was a disaster. Last time we fused, Sugilite went berserk. And it's because of her that we can't even Warp here anymore. We were lucky to have Steven separate us. I could be rash, you could be reckless, and we could both get carried away. So, for the time being, Sugilite is benched. What we need now is to be careful.

She looked in Pearl's direction.

(Garnet) It's you and me, Pearl. Let's fuse.

Pearl was a loss for words.

(Garnet) Don't cry, Pearl.

Pearl was excited. Steven rolled his eyes. Pearl and Garnet got their synchronized positions before their dance of fusion.

Now, they formed into Sardonyx.

(Sardonyx) Good evening, everybody! This is the lovely Sardonyx, coming to you live from the soon-to-be former communication hub. How are y'all doing tonight?

(Amethyst) (enthusiastically) Great...

(Steven) Fine.

(Sardonyx) Oh, my stars!

She picked up Steven.

(Sardonyx) If it isn't Steven Universe. The only human brave enough to fight with the Crystal Gems. We finally meet! So, what do you think? Was I worth the wait? What am I saying? Of course I was (Joyful laughter).

(Steven) You're articulated.

(Sardonyx) Well, aren't you the sweetest little charmer?

She used her spare hands to softly squish him playfully.

(Sardonyx) I could literally squish you right now. It would not be hard.

Steven was starting to feel uncomfortable. She moved her hands away and brought him to her face.

(Sardonyx) Sorry! I'm just so excited to be here. You see, I haven't exactly been myself lately (joyful laughter).

She noticed that Steven didn't smile or laugh.

(Sardonyx) Ooh, tough crowd. If that ain't gonna make you laugh, you'll probably not like my next jokes. And jokes aren't the only thing I've got.

She formed Pearl's spear and Garnet's gauntlets and mashed them into a hammer.

(Steven) Alright, now smash the hub.

(Sardonyx) Hmm. "Smash" is the word one would use to describe what someone else might do.

She referred to Amethyst.

(Sardonyx) Now, the proper words used to describe yours truly are "specific", "intelligent", "accurate", "faultless", "elegant", "controlled", "surgical", "graceful", and "powerful"!

She demonstrated the words as she careful and slowly take apart the hub with her hammer. She was showing off. She stops at the last part.

(Sardonyx) But, yes, occasionally, I am known to smash.

She finished the hub. The base of the tower remained but the pieces of it were scattered across the area.

(Sardonyx) Now, just remember everybody, if you ever have need of the lovely Sardonyx, let Pearl and Garnet know and I'll be there in a flash. Literally.

She unfused. Pearl gleefully jumped into Garnet's arms and both of them were giggling.

(Steven) Not meaning to break up your... "moment" but are we done?

(Garnet) Yes, we are. Come on, let's go home.

The next day.

Steven was watching TV and the signal from yesterday came back. The hubwas rebuilt but how? Sardonyx destroyed it.

Well, she didn't wreck it, she took it apart. This meant that whoever rebuilt it had an easy job. Steven assumed it was Peridot but how could she repair it if she doesn't have the proper equipment to repair the hub.

Steven wasn't going to think about it for the moment. Right now, they need to dismantle it as soon as possible so the message won't reach Homeworld.

Later

(Sardonyx) Just couldn't get enough of me, could ya? That's okay, I do love an audience. Let's dismantle this hub.

She repeated the same process she did yesterday. Amethyst was down, she wanted to be Sugilite to feel strong again but she ruined her chance by getting carried away. Now, Pearl is having the joy of being strong and powerful.

Steven could see the look on her face. He can tell that this was hard for her. He knows how it feels because he felt weak before and wanted to be strong.

Today, he was strong, just like he wanted to be, but he doesn't need someone to be strong. His actions state that loud and clear. Now that he has time to think, he was trying to figure out how did Peridot rebuild the hub.

The first time made sense, because the hub was old and abandoned. Peridot must've powered it. The second time didn't make much sense because it was taken apart carefully.

Peridot didn't look physically capable of moving those pillars with her bare hands. Something else was going on.

Later

Steven, Amethyst, and Lion returned the hub location after Sardonyx destroyed it eariler today.

(Amethyst) What are we doing here?

(Steven) Peridot's been back here twice, so the odda are good she'll come back again. I want to see how she's repairing the hub so we know what to break next time.

(Amethyst) Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

(Steven) Once she gets here, we'll catch her.

(Amethyst) Yeah. Garnet will be so impressed and then she'll think I'm cool again!

They both are waiting.

A few hours later

Steven has been patiently waiting for any movement to see. Amethyst wasn't as patient as him.

(Amethyst) I don't think she's coming.

(Steven) Peridot's whereabouts are unknown. It could take a while. Plus, she was able to get it working under 24 hours. I'm sure, she'll come eventually.

Steven saw something in the corner of his eyes.

(Steven) Get down!

They both went to hiding.

(Steven) I see... Peridot's escape pod?

(Amethyst) I thought we had it.

(Steven) So did I. Let's wait and see what happens.

This didn't make any sense. Theres no way Peridot could've stolen the escape oid. Did she find another one?

(Amethyst) What is she doing?

(Steven) She's rebuilding the hub. She wouldn't be able to do that if Sardonyx smashed the thing completely.

Steven watched as the hub was slowly started to finish construction and activated.

(Steven) Wait a minute...

Steven looked closer at the top of the hub, which is where the escape pod went.

(Steven) Pearl?

(Amethyst) What?!

Amethyst saw her, too.

(Amethyst) Oh no...

Later

Steven was trying to figure why Pearl would rebuild the hub. That hub puts them at risk for being discovered by Homeworld. Pearl got back and told everyone that the hub was activated again.

Steven wanted to confront Pearl about it but he was curious about what she was trying to do so he let it slide for a little longer to see what Pearl's plan is. They returned the location once again.

(Pearl) I can't believe Peridot is giving us so much trouble. But it hardly matters right, Garnet? We can disable this tower as many times as we need to together, okay?

Steven and Amethyst still weren't having a good feeling about this.

(Amethyst) I know what she's doing.

(Steven) Me too.

Before they fused, Steven spoke.

(Steven) Stop!

(Pearl) Is something wrong?

(Steven) Yes. We saw you.

(Pearl) What?

(Steven) You need to tell Garnet the truth.

(Garnet) I don't understand.

(Pearl) I'm sorry. It's just so much fun being Sardonyx with you.

Garnet dropped Pearl.

(Garnet) That's why I couldn't see us finding Peridot.

(Pearl) Wait! Let me explain--

(Garnet) You've been fixing the hub!

(Pearl) It really was Peridot, the first time.

(Garnet) You tricked me.

(Pearl) No, no, no, no, no! No, we just meeded a reason to fuse. I just wanted to share a few more victories with you.

(Garnet) Those weren't victories.

(Amethyst) Wait, Garnet. You know, we're so much weaker than you. Fusing with you is, like, our one chance to feel stronger.

(Garnet) Don't defend her! Peridot isbout there somewhere, and Pearl's bern distraction us with nothing.

(Pearl) Garnet--

(Garnet) That's enough! Amethyst, fuse with me.

(Amethyst) But--

(Garnet) Let's just get this over with.

They both formed Sugilite to destory the hub 100% and making sure it was beyond repair. Pearl was never more ashamed than she has ever been before. Garnet had a right to be angry, she was deceived for a stupid and pointless reason.

Steven could understand her frustration. But he can also understand the desperation of being strong, which is why Pearl did what she did. Pearl just needs to know that you don't get strong when you're using someone else's strength.

Steven knew that this whole incident is going to be a pain in his neck later on but right now isn't a good time to get involved. Hopefully, this can be resolved later.

End of Chapter 17

Chapter 18: Friendship

3rd Person P.O.V.

It has been a few days since Pearl deceived Garnet. Garnet never spoke to Pearl and she never was in the same room with her. Steven and Amethyst were only bystanders in this situation and neither one of them wanted to get in the middle of it.

Pearl left to go find Peridot so she could probably earn Garnet's trust back. Garnet was on the couch, her hands were twitching. Steven was reading a book.

(Garnet) Calm down...

Steven was about to say something but he realized that she was talking to herself. He puts the book down and watches.

(Garnet) I don't feel like forgiving Pearl!

(Garnet) Don't understand-- we must!

(Garnet) If you're not going to listen, then you can just go!

She unfused.

(Sapphire) We must move past this, Ruby.

(Ruby) She lied to us so we'd form Sardonyx! She tricked us! Don't you feel used?!

(Sapphire) You're choosing to take it personally.

(Ruby) It's fusion, Sapphire! What's more personal to us than fusion?!

Steven leaned back. This was better than cable.

(Sapphire) I know you're still upset.

(Steven) Shouldn't have said that~

(Ruby) Oh, so it's just me?

(Sapphire) Of course not. Can't you see I'm completely engulfed with rage?

Her attitude didn't sound like it.

(Ruby) Well, it doesn't feel like it!

(Sapphire) The sooner we forgive Pearl, the better it will be for us all.

(Ruby) You're not as above this as you think you are!

(Sapphire) Yes, I am. You can't stay angry with her forever.

(Ruby) Wanna bet?

(Sapphire) Ruby, the carpet.

Ruby's rage is about to start a fire.

(Ruby) You... I can't even... ugh!

She stormed outside.

(Steven) Nice to see you both.

(Sapphire) It's nice to see you, too.

(Steven) She does have a point, you know.

(Sapphire) Yes, her anger is valid but she can't stay that way forever.

(Steven) I know. She just needs to talk it out.

(Sapphire) If she won't listen to me, she probably won't listen to you.

(Steven) How did you--

(Sapphire) You were going to suggest talking to her, so I responded.

(Steven) It's worth a try.

(Sapphire) You may proceed with your idea but I don't think it would work.

Steven went outside.

(Steven) Ruby?

She was pacing on the sand, muttering angrily.

(Steven) Ruby, are you okay?

(Ruby) No, I am not okay!

(Steven) Okay, then. Do you want to talk?

(Ruby) Why doesn't she agree with me? She lied about a situation just so we'd fuse! Me and Sapphire took fusion personally, that's why we are Garnet! Pearl took advantage of that.

(Steven) Sapphire said your anger was reasonable but you cannot stay angry at Pearl forever.

(Ruby) But she abused fusion and got away with it!

(Steven) Pearl is already being punished from the guilt. Besides, being angry forever won't change what happened. Your emotions are completely understandable, but if you continue to prolong it, you'll never feel better again. It's what made you split up in the first place. You don't have to forgive Pearl for her but for you.

(Ruby) I... I guess you're right. Thanks for the pep talk.

(Steven) You're welcome. Now, let's go talk to Sapphire.

They went back inside. Sapphire was on the couch, staring at the wall.

(Ruby) Sapphire, I wanted to apologive for being angry. I wasn't trying to hurt you, I was just looking for a reason to be mad.

(Sapphire) I know. You have every right to be angry. I am upset, too, but it is better for us to move on.

(Ruby) Yeah, Steven helped me understand that.

(Sapphire) I'm glad that you've come to your senses. I also want you to know that it's okay to be angry whenever you're upset, just don't hurt others with it.

(Ruby) I understand.

Ruby took a moment to pause.

(Ruby) You know what's nice about being split up?

(Sapphire) What?

(Ruby) I get to look at you.

(Sapphire) Pfft! (Laughs) Be serious.

(Ruby) There's my laffy saffy!

(Sapphire) Shh! You're embarrassing me in front of Steven!

Steven rolled his eyes at their romantic moment. He turned away to give them their privacy. After hearing laughter, it suddenly stopped and he heard footsteps approaching him.

A hand was placed on his shoulder.

(Garnet) Thank you.

(Steven) Someone had to put you back together.

(Garnet) You're right.

She pulled him into a hug, thanking him for his help.

(Steven) Okay, you can let me go now.

(Garnet) Just a little longer.

A few days later

In an area that has Warp Pad all around it, had a familiar green gem.

(Peridot) Stupid broken Warp. First the communication hub, now this is busted again. These Crystal Gems ate a menace.

A Warp Pad activated.

(Pearl) Oh, aha! Look! I was right! My plan worked perfectly.

(Peridot) What? How did you know I was here?

(Steven) We were tracking you. It wasn't hard.

(Garnet) Peridot! We're here to--

(Pearl) And you'll never get away with this!

(Peridot) Don't you gems have anything better to do than annoy me?

(Steven) No, not really.

(Pearl) Prepare to be annoyed!

(Peridot) (groans) I don't have time for this! This planet had an expiration date, and I'm not gonna stick around to find out when!

She fires a blast from her limb enhancers and attacks a pillar which sent falling debris. Steven and the gems moved out of the way to avoid getting hurt. Pearl quickly got back up to attack Peridot.

(Pearl) That's it. I'm taking her out.

(Garnet) Pearl, wait!

Peridot used her limb enhancers to use a green force to stop Pearl from reaching her.

(Peridot) Ha! Sorry. But you're going to wrong way!

She flung Pearl back to the gang and her body tackled Steven. Amethyst curled into a ball and rolled towsrds Peridot at a fast speed. Peridot quickly jumped to a different direction to avoid Amethyst.

(Steven) Pearl, get off!

He roughly pushed her off of him and quickly stood up to stop Peridot. Peridot tried using a Warp Pad to escape but it doesn't work.

(Peridot) Ah, doesn't anything work in this cruddy planet?

(Steven) I do.

She quickly turned around to see Steven behind her and he gave her a punch that nearly sent her flying away. Instead, she went back a few feet away from him and almost fell on the ground.

(Garnet) Amethyst, catch!

Garnet threw a big chunk of debris at Amethyst for her to catch with her whip.

(Amethyst) Destroy!

She swung the debris down next to Peridot and it sent her up in the air. Pearl and Garnet were both trying to catch her but they ended up crashing into each other by accident.

(Garnet) Pearl!

(Pearl) Oh!

(Garnet) Get off me!

(Pearl) I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

Peridot used her limb enhancers to make a propeller to fly to a different Warp Pad.

(Peridot) Wow. This is just sad. I almost feel sorry for you.

She warped away.

Back at home.

They warped back home.

(Pearl) Okay, I realize that was a bit of a fiasco.

(Steven) What gave it away?

She decided to ignore his sarcasm.

(Pearl) But there's a silver lining to this. Now, we know for sure that we can track her every movement. Whenever she uses the Warp system, her escape pod will instantly detect exactly where she is. It's only a matter of time until we catch her, and when we do, we'll be able to close this chapter and finally move on, right?

She looked towards Garnet and Garnet respond by crossing her arms and giving Pearl a glare.

(Steven) Something tells me that Garnet doesn't really think that'll happen.

(Pearl) (nervously) S-Steven, your sarcasm is not necessary at the moment...

(Amethyst) Isn't there something that maybe the two of you might need to talk about?

Then a green light illuminated from the escape pod.

(Pearl) It's Peridot. She's using the Warps right now.

She used her gem to project an image of where she is.

(Pearl) Look. This is where she is. We got her this time for sure. If she thinks she's got the upper hand, then she had another thing coming, and that's us.

They followed Pearl to the Warp Pad. Steven and Amethyst both knew that Pearl bringing Peridot to Garnet won't make up for what she did. It was going to take a lot more than that.

Pearl understood what she did was wrong and she shouldn't ever taken advantage of fusion, especially towards Garnet, who takes fusion personally.

At the location.

Pearl is led to believe that Peridot cornered herself in the abandoned ship. Everyone went inside the ancient ship and it had plant life growing inside it.

(Steven) It's more like a greenhouse than a spaceship.

(Amethyst) Looks like Earth won this battle.

A screen emitted from a communicator.

[Communicator] (Peridot) (laughs) You gems really are as dull as dirt.

(Pearl) You're the dull one if you think you can fly this wreck.

[Communicator] (Peridot) What? Can you speak louder? Some of these communicators are gunked up.

Steven moved the vines and moss away from a microphone-looking object.

(Steven) Pearl says "You're the dull one if you think you can fly this wreck".

[Communicator] (Peridot) (laughs) Fly? I'm not using this vessel to fly. I'm using it to trap you!

The door behind them closed.

[Communicator] (Peridot) Isn't this nice? No nore Crystal Gems running around, messing with my plans, destroying my things. Looks like I've got you just where I want you. How does it feel to be so easily outsmarted, you clods?!

(Pearl) No...

(Amethyst) Hey, um... this is Amethyst. I don't appreciate being called a clod, you clo--

[Communicator] (Peridot) Enough talk! Prepare yourselves for annihilation!

She pressed a button but nothing happened. She pressed the button again multiple times.

[Communicator] (Peridot) Aha! It works. Yes!

The weapons were activating.

[Communicators] (Peridot) Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!!!

Lasers were being fired in multiple directions. Everyone was running towards the next room to avoid getting hit by lasers. They barely had time to breathe when spikes started popping up.

(Steven) Run!

[Communicator] (Peridot) Spikes! How do you like my spikes?!

They ran fast enough to reach the end and they saw Peridot just standing there.

(Pearl) Peridot!

She charged.

(Garnet) Pearl, don't just-- (groans in anger).

Pearl attacked Peridot but it was proven to be a hologram, the oldest trick in the book.

[Hologram] (Peridot) (laughs) You idiot.

Pearl was humiliated once again and she retaliates by attacking the hologram multiple times, knowing very well that wouldn't do them any good. Garnet facepalms.

(Garnet) Pearl, stop. That isn't helping.

(Pearl) I have to do something. I can't believe I walked us right into Peridot's trap. This is all my--

The place started rumbling.

(Pearl) Fault?

Everyone fell down a hole. Amethyst's instincts quickly kick in and she used both of her whips. One of them to grab Steven and the other to grab on something back up top.

(Amethyst) (straining) I got you, Steven.

(Steven) Thanks...

He was dangling upside down.

(Steven) Pearl, Garnet. Are you alright?

They were very far down below.

(Garnet) (distant) We're fine.

A trap door closed, making it impossible for Steven and Amethyst to get to them.

(Amethyst) Crud.

Steven and Amethyst dropped to the ground to see if they could find anything that can help them. They found a screen that shows inside the hole, they seen Pearl and Garnet. They also see gears.

They wondered what was that for. Then, Pearl started talking.

(Pearl) Garnet, I'm sorry. Things weren't supoised to turn out this way.

(Garnet) We'll get out of here somehow.

(Pearl) (sighs) That's not what I mean. I really wanted to catch Peridot to make up for what I did. I wanted to prove to you that... that everything could go back to normal.

(Garnet) Catching Peridot won't make things go back to normal. This isn't about Peridot.

They were talking, this is good. The gears started moving and the room started to enclose on Pearl and Garnet.

(Pearl) Please tell me! How can I make you forgive me?!

(Garnet) You can't. You lied to me. You need to learn that there are consequences to your actions.

(Pearl) I'm sorry. I... I couldn't help myself.

(Garnet) I don't want to hear yout excuses.

(Pearl) But it's true. No matter how hard I try to be strong like you, I'm just a pearl. I'm useless on my own. I need someone to tell me what to do.

The walls stopped trying to crush them and Amethyst used her whip to get it caught in the gears and stopping the gears. Steven and her were pulling it to stop it from moving.

(Pearl) When we fuse, I can feel what it's like to be you. Confident and secure and complete. You're perfect. You're the perfect relationship. You're always together. I just-- I wanted to be a part of that.

(Garnet) You're wrong. I'm not as strong as you think. I-I fell apart over this. Ruby and Sapphire were in turmoil over how you deceived me. I came undone. But Steven put me back together. It's not easy being in control. I have weaknesses, too. But I choose not to let them consume me. There are times when I impact everyone with my strength and there are times when you have impact everyone. You are your own gem. You control your density. Not anyone else. And for the record, if you ever want to look up to anyone about strength, you should talk to Steven. He should know how to be strong, especially since he puts up with us.

(Pearl) I... I understand. I can't give up anymore.

(Garnet) Good.

Amethyst's whip broke. The walls were about to crush them.

(Garnet) Pearl, there's only one way out of this.

(Pearl) Only if you're okay with it.

She nods. They formed into Sardonyx to break out of there. The fusion didn't last long since it quickly unfused afterwards.

They wasted no time trying to look for Peridot.

(Peridot) I don't know what anything is-- aah!

She was having a hard time controling the ship's weapons.

(Peridot) Blast this whole gem tech! Where did they go? Why isn't anything working?!

The whole behind her exploded.

(Garnet) Surrender Peridot! You have nowhere to run.

(Peridot) You really think this is the end? (Laughs) This... This is only the beginning...

She paused.

(Peridot) ...Of my escape...

She fired a laser at the ceiling to create a hole. She tried flying away.

(Peridot) Well, I'd love to stick around and watch another one of your attempts to capture me, but I guess I'm just too smart for the likes of you lumpy, clumpy clods (laughs).

She felt something tug at her foot.

(Peridot) What the--?

It was Steven.

(Steven) But not smart enough to skip the monologue.

(Peridot) Hey, get your touch stumps off me, you human!

She tried shaking him off her leg.

(Amethyst) Yeah, Steven!

Amethyst grabbed his leg.

(Pearl) Don't let her go!

She grabbed Amethyst's legs. Garnet grabbed Pearl's ankles.

(Peridot) (groans in frustration) Let go of me! You... you persistent, little whatever exactly you are!

She used her other foot to stop on his fave to make her let go. She made his nose bleed but he still kept a grip on her.

(Garnet) Peridot, your flight's been canceled.

(Peridot) No!

She detaches her foot from her body and was flying away.

(Peridot) You'll pay for this, Crystal Gems. I'll get you back. Just you wait!

She got away. Steven still has her foot.

(Steven) Not exactly a rabbits foot but this should bring good luck. A *step* forward of luck.

(Amethyst) (laughs) Foot jokes!

End of Chapter 18.

Chapter 19: Answers

3rd Person P.O.V.

After Peridot's recent escape from the gems from yesterday, there was no more bad blood between Pearl and Garnet. They can still track Peridot using the Warp Pads but the tracker hasn't gone off in a while. Peirdot knows they can track her so she's trying to avoid the Warps to cover her tracks.

Wherever she went, she knows the Warps are a necessity to her, if she wants to escape the planet. It was getting dark and the gems were in the temple while Steven was in the livingroom. He was about to go to bed but the tracker went off.

He got up to warn the gems about the tracker.

At the location

Peridot was quickly trying to find a place to hide. It was hard to navigate when you have no foot. She was scared, she didn't want to be on this planet anymore.

She has nothing left to help her escape. Her robonoids are gone, Jasper is gone, the ship was gone, and the Homeworld Warp Pad was damaged again. She clearly lost hope of escaping.

She fell on her knees and waited for the gems arrive so they can put her out of her misery. The gems were here.

(Pearl) There she is.

Peridot didn't move. No one got close to her in case she was planning on ambushing them. Steven was the only one who was getting close to her but cautious with every step he took.

(Steven) Peridot?

Steven noticed she wasn't doing anything, other than huddling herself. Steven held up his fist, a sign language for the gems to cease attack.

(Steven) Peridot?

(Peridot) Just shatter me already...

(Steven) What?

(Peridot) Just do it so you and those clods can get your standing ovation. Savor it because it'll be your last.

(Steven) What are you talking about?

(Peridot) Oh nothing... Just make it quick...

(Steven) No, I want to know what you're saying. What do you mean "It'll be your last"?

(Peridot) There's a bioweapon incubating inside the planet. It'll eventually destory everything on it and turn it into a crater.

(Steven) How do we stop it?

(Peridot) (laughs) You can't. You'll only delay the inevitable.

(Steven) Do you know how to stop it?

(Peridot) Why should I tell you? It's not like it would make a difference, even if I am willing to tell you.

(Steven) How about we negotiate?

(Peridot) What could you possibly have that I want?

(Steven) What do you want?

(Peridot) I want to go back to Homeworld.

(Steven) We can't exactly do that at the moment. This is what's going to happen: You help us with this bioweapon and we let you go back to Homeworld and you can't tell Homeworld about this or where we are.

Peridot took a moment to think.

(Peridot) How can I trust you?

(Steven) You don't but you can either help us or remain prisoner until you talk.

(Peridot) ...Fine...

She tried standing up but nearly fell over. She was off balance.

(Steven) We still have you're other foot if you want it back.

(Peridot) I want it back.

(Steven) Then follow us.

Peridot was hopping but wasn't getting much far. Steven helped her move faster by putting her arm over his shoulders to help keep her balenced.

(Peridot) What are you doing?

(Steven) Making sure you don't fall.

The gems were unsure about this.

Back at the temple.

The gems were investigating an area Peridot told them about the "Cluster". This Cluster is the bioweapon she told them about and it can destroy the planet at any moment. There is no scheduled for it's destruction, it'll happen when it happens.

Peridot was left back at the house with Steven to watch her. They couldn't exactly trust her yet. Peridot was scrolling through her data on her limb enhancers to pass the time while Steven was reading a book.

(Thunder)

(Peridot) (Screams) It's happening!

(Steven) What?

(Peridot) The Cluster!

(Steven) Really?

(Peridot) What else could be making that horrible--

(Thunder)

(Peridot) AAH!

She gripped on Steven's leg.

(Peridot) It's pounding in the Earth from the inside. This is it. This is the end of the world. (Whimpers)

Steven realized that wasn't the Cluster.

(Steven) That's just thunder.

(Peridot) What?

(Steven) Everything is fine. It's just thunder. It happens when it rains.

(Peridot) Eh... huh?

(Steven) You don't know about rain?

(Peridot) I don't know anything on this planet.

(Steven) I'll explain: When the sun warms up the ocean, the water evaporates into clouds, and when the clouds get heavy, it rains.

(Peridot) So scalding liquid pours down from the sky?

(Steven) No. It's water, it can't hurt you.

He went to the door.

(Steven) Observe.

He opens it and steps outside, right in the open.

(Peridot) Steven, wait!

He was out of her reach. She was terrified of the rain. She didn't want it to touch her.

(Steven) Peridot, it's fine. Look, I'm in the rain and I'm fine. This happens every once and awhile on Earth. You try.

She wanted to use her limb enhancers to protect herself from the rain but she was going to give it a try. Water lands on her arm and she quickly moved back. Once she felt the water move down on her arm to her wrist, nothing happened.

She slowly stepped outside to feel the cold water falling on her from the sky. This felt relaxing, despite the cool temperature. Thunder boomed the sky and Peridot flinched.

She quickly looked around to see where it was but theres nothing. She started to calm down again once she realized that Steven was right, it can't hurt her.

A few minutes later.

Steven was drying himself off from the rain.

(Steven) What did you think about the rain?

(Peridot) It was... something.

She was thinking.

(Peridot) Steven?

(Steven) Yes?

(Peridot) I'm going to say something. Thank you.

(Steven) What for?

(Peridot) For explaining this "Rain" business to me.

(Steven) No problem.

(Peridot) Yes. You're a much more intelligent creature than I initially thought. Much more... useful than those clods. Steven, I've made up my mind. I've decided to share some information with you. It's about the Cluster.

(Steven) You should wait and tell everyone else including me when they get back.

(Peridot) No, I don't want to talk to them. You're the only one I need. I could show you now, in Facet 5 of the Prime Kindergarten.

(Steven) You want me to take you to the Kindergarten? I don't know...

(Peridot) Steven, don't you want to know about the cluster?

(Steven) Yes. Okay, we can go to the Kindergarten.

(Peridot) Yes!

(Steven) But...

(Peridot) No, a catch. Fine. What are your demands?

(Steven) You stay in my sight.

(Peridot) Okay, fine, let's go!

At the Prime Kindergarten.

Peridot was leading Steven to where she was talking about.

(Steven) Have you helped operate the Cluster?

(Peridot) Negative. The Cluster has been burrowed into the Earth without my assistance. I did read the reports for this planet.

(Steven) Can I ask you something?

(Peridot) Hmm, proceed.

(Steven) What was the use of those fusion experiments?

(Peridot) When Homeworld decided Earth wasn't a valuable colony anymore, they chose to test their bioweapons and experiments.

(Steven) Whom did they test it on?

(Peridot) They mainly targeted the planet and any rebels they caught. They also tried to make use out of the shards of fallen soldiers. I am quite appreciative when I was not here during the time.

They stopped when they reached the room below the ground.

(Steven) Is this where you need to be?

(Peridot) Yes. I'm going to have to remove this panel.

She tried removing it but no avail.

(Peridot) It's over. I can't show you anything. Let's go back.

(Steven) Mind if I try?

(Peridot) Go ahead, knock yourrself out.

She moved out of the way so he can attempt to move the panel. He managed to pull the thing off like it was nothing.

(Peridot) Whoa!

She now knows that Steven is both brawn and brain, two qualities that work very well together when balenced properly.

(Steven) There.

He dropped the panel.

(Peridot) All right. This over here...

She restored power.

(Peridot) It's not perfect, but it'll do for now.

She used used the podium

(Peridot) These are the early attempts at artificial fusion.

There were hundreds.

(Peridot) We were growing them here at this very site. But these were just prototypes for the final product, a singular giant artificial fusion comprised of millions of gem shards. The Cluster.

(Steven) A giant mutant gem the size of Earth...

(Peridot) Oh, no. When it forms, it'll be much, much bigger than the Earth. Right now, it lies dormant, incubating in the Earth's core. But when it emerges and takes it's physical form, it will destroy the planet.

Steven didn't like the sound of that.

(Peridot) The prototypes are already emerging. The Cluster is next. If we can't get off this planet, we've got to stop the Cluster. I'd thought it'd be impossible, but now we have a chance.

(Steven) What is it?

(Peridot) You.

(Steven) What?

She was leading him thw way out as she was explaining what she meant.

(Peridot) You have all the information we need about Earth and its erratic behavior. Put that together with my expansive knowledge of the Cluster, and we just might be able to stop it.

(Steven) But we could use some from the gems if we're going to do this.

(Peridot) I said I don't need them! We don't need to get them involved. If it looks really bad, we could possibly ask for assistance.

They heard a roar. It was gem mutants.

(Steven) Get back!

He yanked her away from the monsters. They backed up to a corner. When all seemed like it was over for them, the Crystal Gems showed up to poof the gem monsters.

(Steven) There's no way we can stop this thing on our own. We need their help.

(Pearl) Steven, what are you two doing out here?!

(Garnet) I thought we said to keep an eye on Peridot.

(Peridot) He did what he was told. I persuaded him to come here. I... have something to tell you about the Cluster. But can we do it somewhere else than here?

Back at the temple.

Peridot just finished explaining everything she told Steven to the others.

(Amethyst) What a cluster.

(Garnet) That abomination must be stopped.

(Pearl) But how? We'll need to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth. It'll have to--

(Peridot) Hey! I wasn't finished speaking. What we need is to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth. It'll need to withstand up to 360 gigapascals of pressure and temperatures of 9,800 degrees.

(Pearl) Well, we mustn't waste time. We need to start finding parts for this machine immediately.

(Peridot) Yes, obviously.

(Steven) I think I know where.

At the Barn.

(Steven) This is my Dad's barn. I'm sure he'll be fine with us borrowing parts in here.

(Pearl) What we have here in the barn should be adequate enough for us to get started. First, I recommend we organize the component types and assemble a rough blueprint based on what we have available.

(Peridot) Thank you, you can go now.

(Pearl) Uh, what?

(Peridot) Hmm? Um... That will be all? (Claps hands).... How do you get her to leave?

(Pearl) Excuse me, I am not leaving.

(Steven) She has to help us construct the drill.

(Peridot) No, no. You're confused. A pearl can't build a thing like this.

(Steven) Why not?

(Peridot) Because pearls aren't for this. They're for standing around a-and looking nice a-and, uh, holding your stuff for you, right?

(Pearl) That's enough! If we're going to work together, you're going to have to listen to me.

(Peridot) Listen to you? (Laughs) Did you teach her to talk like this?

(Steven) What are you talking about?

(Peridot) She's a pearl. She's a made-to-order servant just like the hundreds of other pearls being flaunted around back on Homeworld. And she looks like a fancy one, too. So, who do you belong to, anyway?

(Pearl) Nobody!

(Peridot) Then what are you for?

Pearl blushed and was confused at the moment.

(Peridot) Well, you can belong to me for now. Ha! A peridot with a pearl! What would they sat back home?

(Pearl) Now, listen here, you little tiny twerp. In case you've forgotten, you're on our turf now, and I didn't fight a 1,000 year war for this planet's independence to take orders from the likes of you!

(Peridot) Excuse me? I am natural technician and a certified Kindergartner. I was made for this. You were made to take orders, not to give them.

(Steven) Break it up, both of you!

He got between them.

(Steven) You both have worth for this mission but we can't waste time seeing whose better. Nobody belongs to anyone on Earth, you belong to yourself. Now, we just have to work together on this if we want to survive. Our lives depend on this. Try listening to each other.

They both turned their backs on each other. Eventually, Peridot turned around to speak.

(Peridot) (clears throat) I have to admit, it's remarkable that a pearl such as yourself could become a... knowledgeable technician. Why don't we listen to Steven and get started?

(Pearl) Gladly, but first we need to see what we have to construct the drill.

Steven's plan worked and now, they're getting started.

End of Chapter 19.

Chapter 20: The Drill

3rd Person P.O.V.

The gems have almost finished construction for the drill. They got the drill head from an injector from the Prime Kindergarten. The drill just complete but it needs to know where to go in order to operate.

Fortunately, Pearl explained that there's a Diamond Base on the Moon. Lion can warp them to the Moon. Steven managed to convince him by saying the Cluster would take away hid naps. They warped to Moon within almost a minute.

Lion was tuckered out. Steven was petting him, thanking him for his hard work.

(Pearl) We made it.

The gems allowed their gemstones to glow like flashlights. Steven also felt the lack of gravity at his feet. He can float.

Steven jumped a little to see if he can actually float and, believe it or not, he did.

(Amethyst) Ooh! I wanna try!

She tried floating, too, but she immediately fell back to the ground like there was gravity here.

(Amethyst) Hey! Why can't I float?

(Peridot) We're gems. We're a space-faring race designed to conquer other worlds. Our physical forms adjust automatically to the gravity of any planetoid.

(Amethyst) Aw, lame.

They went up the stairs to find what they're looking for.

(Peridot) This is so incredible! Only the most elite of the elite can enter these sanctums. We are literally walking in the footsteps of the Diamonds.

They passed by a room on the way up but Garnet quickly reminded everyone that they're not here for a tour, they're here to find the Cluster's coordinates. They went to the top of the stairs and they assumed this was the room they're looking for since Peridot was geeking out.

(Peridot) Oh, my goodness! This looks like it could be brand-new! I mean, it's a relic by today's standards, but, golly, it's so elegant, so simple, so perfect!

(Amethyst) So, how do you turn it on?

(Peridot) I have no idea.

She was observing a control panel. Steven found a chair that had controls on the arms of it. He sat down on the chair to relax at the moment and to get a better look at the controls. Steven pressed a button and the panel lit up.

Peridot instantly turned around and freaked out.

(Peridot) You can't sit there!

(Steven) Why not?

(Peridot) That chair is only for the most elite gems! You can't go around sitting where an elite would sit!

(Steven) But they're not here now, are they?

He made a point. He scoots to the side and allowed Peridot to sit up there. Peridot felt honored sitting on that chair, even though Homeworld wouldn't, possibly, allowed her to sit on that chair.

Steven picks up a cubic diamond.

(Steven) What's this for?

(Peridot) Put that back!

Steven returned the item where he found it. Peridot acrivated the panel via chair and used it to find the Cluster. The Cluster was located in the Mantle below the surface.

(Peridot) All we need to do is feed this data to the drill, and we should be all set.

(Pearl) That's it, then! Mission accomplished!

(Amethyst) Great. Now, let's get the heck out of here.

Peridot was curious about a file she saw. She opened it.

(Steven) What is that?

(Peridot) It is Homeworld's plan for the Earth before the rebellion started. Let's see what they were wanting to do.

Peridot showed images of battlefields and spires that were meant for colonies. Then, she showed a projection of what the planet would've looked like if the colony was successful. The planet was... damaged greatly.

There is massive holes that looked like they were burrowed deep into the planet and spires about everywhere. It wouldn't take a genius to know that this would decimate all of life that existed. Even though it didn't happen, it is still haunting that this could've happened if the rebellion hadn't been formed.

Everyone, except for Peridot, was shocked at the projection.

(Peridot) Wow! Look at this! 89 Kindergartens, 67 spires, a Galaxy Warp in each facet, efficient use of all available materials. What were you thinking shutting down this operation down? It could have been great!

(Garnet) No, you're wrong!

(Peridot) What do you mean? It's perfect. Look at it.

(Pearl) We are looking at it.

(Amethyst) Yeah, this plan stinks!

(Garnet) Completing this colony would have meant the extinction of all life om Earth!

(Peridot) But think of the good it would have done. The gems would have been made, our empire expanded!

(Steven) But think of all of those who would suffer because of the colony. How many lifes would've been taken just to expand a race. That's genocide on a massive scale!

(Pearl) Rose Quartz believed all life was precious and worth protecting.

(Peridot) Well, if she wanted to protect it, she did a lousy job! There'd be no Cluster if the Earth had stayed a colony! Now, there's no colony, and there's gonna be no Earth! So, thank you, Rose Quartz, you doomed the planet!

Steven grabbed Peridot by the throat.

(Steven) You're not understanding what we're talking about. Everything on the planet will die from the colony. It is unfair for them to die from something beyond their control.

He pushed her to the ground and smashed the panel, turning off the projection permanently.

(Steven) Let's go, there's nothing here for us anymore.

Everyone was going back down stairs to use Lion to get back home. Steven noticed Peridot wasn't behind them and he called out,

(Steven) Peridot.

(Peridot) What? I'm coming!

He quickly noticed that she was holding something behind her back. It was the cubic diamond Steven found earlier but why would she have it? Steven was going to ask her about it when they got back.

Back on Earth.

They finished uploading the coordinates to the drill, Steven noticed Peridot going inside the barn by herself. He followed her. Peridot was observing something but Steven's shadow from the Moon light startled her.

(Peridot) Oh, Steven.

(Steven) Peridot, I need to talk to you.

(Peridot) Uh, yeah, sure. What about?

(Steven) I wanted to ask you...

He can see the cubic diamond again, this clearly meant something important.

(Steven) About the Diamonds.

He made sure to not directly look at what she has behind her.

(Peridot) Oh, I don't know what the others told you, but there's a reason they're in charge.

(Steven) Which is?

(Peridot) They're objectively better than us. Every gem had their strengths and weaknesses, but not them. They're absolutely, totally, completely flawless beings! Especially, my Diamond, Yellow Diamond. The most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe.

(Steven) You must be so loyal to her, right?

(Peridot) How could I not be? We might have out little truce, but I'll never forsake the gem I was made for.

(Steven) That's good. Because she's right behind you.

(Peridot) What?!

She turned around and Steven snatched the diamond off her hand. She tried to get it back but she was pushed over and Steven had his foot on the side of her face, pinning her to the ground. She couldn't use her limb enhancers to escape because she feared he'd poof her if he added enough pressure.

(Peridot) N-no! What are you doing?!

(Steven) I saw you sneak this off the Moon Base. What is it?

(Peridot) It's nothing special... and definitely not important at all...

(Steven) Then why don't I just crush it?

He clenched his fist a little to scare Peridot, it worked.

(Peridot) NO, STOP!

She screamed.

(Peridot) A-all right, look. I have a plan, allow me to explain. It's a communicator. Meant for the express purpose of contacting the Diamonds back on Homeworld.

(Steven) You're still trying to contact Homeworld? What about our deal?

(Peridot) Yes, of course! I figured it out. What we've been doing this entire time doesn't matter. This planet could be put to good use in the right way. I understood the gems' desire to protect the planet but you can't do anything with the Cluster here. I still have use to Yellow Diamond and my limb enhancers is still valuable. If I convince her just right, I-I can have her remove the Cluster and use the planet properly for the colony.

(Steven) That wasn't our deal. Do you not remember what I said eariler about what the colony would do to this planet?

(Peridot) No, no, no, no! You misunderstood what I'm saying! I mean, we can establish a colony without eliminating the life on Earth!

(Steven) How?

(Peridot) I... I don't know but just please let me contact Yellow Diamond and let me talk to her! I can probably convince her.

Steven was considering it. She did admit that she was going back on their deal and looks desperate to contact Yellow Diamond. Her words may be genuine but her loyalty to Yellow Diamond might be a liability and she'll probably get the Earth destroyed from the Cluster or colonization.

Steven wasn't taking the risk.

(Steven) No.

(Peridot) Please!

(Steven) No, I can't let you contact her. You might mean well but you could possibly get us killed. And just to make sure you don't get any ideas,

While keeping her pinned to the ground, he took off her limb enhancers and tossed them to the side, she was shorter now without them.

(Peridot) No, my limb enhancers!

Steven got his foot off of her and tossed her into a broken truck and locked her in it with the child safety lock. She now wasn't a threat to them anymore. Steven was taking this to the gems.

[Inside Truck] (Peridot) STEVEN, PLEASE, DON'T TELL THEM!

Steven left the barn while Peridot desperately called for him to come back. He found the gems next to the drill and showed them the communicator.

(Crystal Gems) (gasp)

(Pearl) She took a direct line to the Diamonds from the Moon Base?! What was she thinking?!

(Amethyst) Man, after everything we've gone through, she's still out to get us. Oh, I'm gonna make a list of names I wanna call her...

They could hear Peridot honking the horn of the truck Steven trapped her in. Eventually it stopped.

(Garnet) You offered her your trust.

(Steven) I did and it blew up in my face.

(Garnet) It's good that you believe anyone could turn good. You're a lot like Rose. You seem to have more patience than the rest of us. But, not everyone deserves that patience.

(Steven) I know...

(Pearl) Look at the bright side, at least you got this thing away from her before she did any real damage.

(Shattered Glass)

Things got quiet real quick. Steven assumed that Peridot broke the window for the truck but what could she do? Then, he remembered that he left her limb enhancers in the barn with Peridot.

(Steven) Oh no...

A blast was heard and a massive hole was seen on the barn's door. Peridot was using her limb enhancers to fly except she was using her feet to fly instead of her hands. Peridot must've modified her enhancers while constructing the drill.

She flew towards Pearl to grab the communicator and planned on flying somewhere else to contact Yellow Diamond. Steven grabbed her ankles before she was out of his reach.

(Peridot) Huh? Let go of me, you inferior flesh bag!

She tried shaking him off but it didn't work. Steven climbed up and tried to make her crash so she couldn't fly anymore. She was swerving in the air but not hitting anything. 

Steven kicked the feet of her limb enhancers which destoryed him and they were falling. Peridot dropped the communicator. They both land on the ground with Peridot breaking Steven's fall.

The both saw the communicator so close and they both crawled towards it. Unfortunately, Peridot grabbed it first and activated it.

(Peridot) (giggling)

Steven backed up and hid in the background to avoid being seen by Yellow Diamond. The gems witnessed this happen and went into hiding as well.

(Peridot) She'll sort this out...

A screen appeared.

[Communicator] (Yellow Pearl) This is the Yellow Dianond control room. Who authorized you to make this call?

(Peridot) No one b-but it's an emergency!

[Communicator] (Yellow Pearl) That's no excuse to use the direct Diamond communication channel!

[Communicator] Pearl?

[Communicator] (Yellow Pearl) Yes, my Diamond?

[Communicator] Why is there someone on the Diamond line?

[Communicator] (Yellow Pearl) I don't know! I was just about to tell her that--

[Communicator] I'll take it from here.

The camera was moved to introduce a new face.

(Peridot) My Diamond! Peridot reporting in!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Which Peridot?

(Peridot) F-Facet 2F5L, cut 5XG. I'm sorry to contact you this way, but all other forms of communication have been destroyed and--

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) This says you're behind schedule on your mission to... How is the Earth?

(Peridot) It's full of life...

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Organic life. And where is the jasper I assigned you? And why aren't you calling from the ship?

(Peridot) Oh, hmm... the ship was destroyed.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) By whom?

(Peridot) It... It... It was destroyed by... no one. There was an accident... while we were landing...

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) I'll inform your manager of your incompetence. And what is the status of the Cluster?

(Peridot) The Cluster will emerge shortly.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Good. We'll finally get some use out of that miserable planet. Thank you for your report, Peridot. There'll be a ship heading to your location to take you to your next assignment.

(Peridot) Wait! I... I wouldn't have called just to waste your time with a report!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) You already have.

(Peridot) No, I mean, the reason I've called, the real reason is... I believe we should terminate the Cluster.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Why?

(Peridot) The organic ecosystem creates resources unique to this world. We can't sacrifice all that potential just for one geo-weapon. I'd like to tell you some plans I came up with to utilize the planet without disrupting the local--

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) I've heard enough. I don't care about potential and resources.

(Peridot) W-what?

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) I want my Cluster, and I want that planet to die. Just make that happen.

(Peridot) No!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Are you questioning my authority?

(Peridot) I'm questioning your objectivity, my Diamond.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) You are out of line.

(Peridot) I just think--

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) I'm not interested in the puny thoughts of a peridot.

(Peridot) But--

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) You have disrespected this channel and my time with your presence, and you would do well to--

(Peridot) But--

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Shut your mouth! You have failed at every stage of this mission. Your only chance to redeem yourself is to obey this simple order: You are to leave the Cluster to grow! It will tear apart the Earth, and I will take immense satisfaction in erasing that hideous rock off of our star maps! Is that clear?!

(Peridot) I won't do it! I can tell you with certainty that there are things on this planet worth protecting!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) What do you know about the Earth?!

(Peridot) Apparently more than you, you clod!

(Peridot) Uh, Peridot, out!

She turned it off.

(Peridot) I can't believe I just did that...

(Garnet) You thought you could change her mind.

(Amethyst) Yellow D got torn down by the Peri-dactyl!

(Peridot) Can one of you take this?

(Pearl) Why?

(Peridot) Because it can be remotely detonated.

It started beeping.

(Pearl) How do we stop it?!

(Garnet) Just get rid of it!

(Pearl) Uh, here, Amethyst!

(Amethyst) WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH IT?!

She tossed it to Steven and he threw it up high in the sky before it exploded.

(Peridot) I thought I could reason with her...

(Amethyst) Yeah, you really made her mad.

(Pearl) And then you insulted her to her face.

(Peridot) I'm a traitor to my homeworld...

(Steven) I guess you're a Crystal Gem, now.

(Garnet) Whether you like it or not.

End of Chapter 20

Chapter 21: Below The Surface

3rd Person P.O.V.

The gems have located Malachi. It was on Mask Island. The gems were going after her while Steven and Peridot were adding finishing touches to the drill.

Peridot has changed in the last three days. Three days ago, she tried contacting Yellow Diamond but she ended up calling her a "Clod". Now, she was helping Steven finish the drill and has been learning about the planet in the meantime.

She has learned about the weather, holidays, and has been watching a TV series called "Camp Pining Hearts" on VHS. Peridot grew addicted watching the series and was wanting to watch more of it. She binge watched Seasons 1-2 within 48 hours.

Peridot was also fond with jokes. She found a Joke-Book and was reading the material. She didn't get half of it because she didn't knew what they meant until she was shown by Steven or the others.

Like with the old "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Joke. Peridot didn't know what a chicken was until Amethyst shapeshifted into one, she laughed hysterically. Peridot enjoyed Earth more than Homeworld.

They haven't heard from the gems in a while, they don't know if they're in trouble or not. However, they didn't have time to consider going after them to help them since the entire area was rumbling. Peridot knew what was happening.

Cracks were created at a fast pace. It felt like an earthquake, Steven really wished it was an earthquake.

(Peridot) If you're done just standing there, maybe it's about time that we stop the world from ending! Where are the others?!

(Steven) They're still on Mask Island. We have to drill without them. 

(Peridot) Ugh! Am I the only one who understands the meaning of teamwork?! Okay, Steven, are you ready to drill down into the planet, to depths never before reached by your species? To stop the Cluster before it forms and save your world?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) Good!

They both went inside the drill and Peridot started it.

(Peridot) Ready or not, we have a mission.

The drill has now started to burrow into the ground. Peridot has calculated the estimated time which is two hours, the drill is going as fast as it can. It was silent inside the drill, none of them hasn't said a word since they got into the drill.

It was a bit cramped in seats, Steven wondered how Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst were going to fit inside here. After a few long minutes of silence, Peridot spoke,

(Peridot) Get ready. We're about to penetrate the astheno-sphere.

Lava was around the drill on the outside, luckily it can withstand it. Since there isn't anything to do but wait, Steven started to think. This whole Cluster doesn't sit well in him.

Not because it's capable of destroying the world, the fact that they're still gems that are conscious and suffering. Steven may not be a gems but he was imagining what it would feel like to see your own kind, suffering and not knowing whats going on. Now, he and Peridot are going to have to destory billions of gems to save the planet.

For Steven, it's putting an end to an imminent threat. For Peridot, it's genocide. But it's not like she has a choice to do it, it's etiher destroy them or let them destroy her home.

Time has passed for awhile and eventually Peridot spoke again.

(Peridot) We're hitting some denser rock. This is it!

After a good 30 seconds of digging, Peridot stopped when she found a hold. She used a light attached to the drill to scout the area ahead of them.

She found it, the Cluster.

(Peridot) Recovery depth achieved. Target found.

The area started shaking.

(Steven) What's happening?

(Peridot) I-it's taking form, impossible! I thought we'd be able to stop it...

Suddenly the rumbling stopped. Peridot quickly looked through the telescope to see what's happening.

(Peridot) It's struggling to take it's form. This means we still might have time! There's still a chance! Just a little repositioning.

She moved the drill back to be able go further down and slightly plunged into the Cluster. All was well until they heard screaming. It was the Cluster.

It has gems and they're still conscious, which means they can feel the drill attacking their gems. Peridot was greatly disturbed by this.

(Peridot) S-Steven? Do you think you can do this for me? I-I don't feel so good...

(Steven) Sure.

She hands him the controls. Steven didn't need a tutorial since he was helping build it. Steven continued drill into the Cluster which caused the screams to be louder.

(Steven) Are you okay?

(Peridot) I... I don't know. I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling bad about this. Earlier, we talked about this was going to be easy but now it seems hard.

(Steven) I think I know why.

(Peridot) What do you think?

(Steven) I think it's because we know that the Cluster can feel pain and we're tormenting it and shattering billions of gems. It's different for you and me because this is part of your kind, eliminatimg countless lifes. Not to mention, they didn't want this. I'm sorry if this is too much for you.

(Peridot) Thanks... Please just hurry up with this so we can leave...

Steven continued to drill through the Cluster. Eventually, the screaming stopped, indicating that they're gone.

(Steven) It's done...

(Peridot) Let's go back now...

Steven turned the drill around and went back up to the surface.

Back on the Barn.

The drill went back up and has stopped operating once it was on the ground. Steven and Peridot got out of it.

(Peridot) You did it!

She hugged him. He allowed it to happen for a few more seconds before pulling away. They heard the Warp Pad activate and found the gems.

Garnet was carrying Lapis.

(Steven) You're back. Is Lapis okay?

(Garnet) She'll be fine.

(Pearl) Did you destroy the Cluster?

(Steven) Yes. Where's Jasper?

(Amethyst) Oh, she um...

(Garnet) She got away. Don't worry, she isn't much of a threat anymore and we'll hunt her down one day.

End of Chapter 21

Chapter 22: In The Barn

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peridot was explaining everything that happened with the drill to the gems. Steven was watching over Lapis while she was still unconscious.

(Garnet) I see you're worried about your friend.

(Steven) What exactly happened on the island?

(Garnet) Lapis spent an unbearable amout of time fused with Jasper. The emotional and physical strain of that type of fusion, I can't imagine. She's gonna need a lot of time to recover. Come on, I'm dying to hear about what happened underground.

Later

Steven spent most of the day at the barn to wait for Lapis to wake up. He wanted to make sure if she was alright. He heard a noise in the barn, she was awake.

Steven opened the barn doors to see Lapis about to fly out of hole in the barn that was caused from Peridot about 4 days ago.

(Steven) Lapis?

(Lapis) Steven!

She was surprised.

(Steven) you're... leaving.

(Lapis) I have to, Steven. I don't belong on Earth, not with the Crystal Gems. I never have.

(Steven) It's okay. I understand.

(Lapis) I figured you would. After all, they don't really see you as one of them.

She took a few steps to fly but stopped before she took off.

(Lapis) Steven... thank you. Goodbye again.

(Steven) Goodbye.

She flew into the sky, back into space.

In the morning.

Steven and the gems were about to go back to the Temple. Peridot insisted on staying in the barn.

(Steven) Are you sure you don't want to live in the Temple?

(Peridot) No thanks. I've grown accustomed to this place and I should probably fix the hole that I made.

(Steven) Okay, have fun redecorating.

The gems were ready to go.

(Steven) You guys go ahead, I'll catch up later.

Steven was looking for Lion. He looked around for the pink feline. During his search, he found... Lapis?

She was up high on top of a pillar that is next to the barn. Steven climbed up the ladder. When he reached the top, he stood behind Lapis.

(Steven) I thought you left.

(Lapis) I was leaving. But then I realized I've got nowhere to go. Who knows what they'd do to me back home after what I did to Jasper. I can't go back to Homeworld, and I can't stay here.

(Steven) You can.

(Lapis) What?

(Steven) You can stay here. It doesn't specifically have to be here, in this area. You can live anywhere. I can show you around.

(Lapis) Really?

(Steven) Yes. We can find you a new place to live. I can show you the nearby locations.

(Lapis) Okay, let's go look.

She got behind him to wrap her arms around him so she has a grip on him.

(Lapis) You okay like this?

He nods. Her wings appeared and they took off in the sky. They were at a fast pace.

First place Steven told her about was the forest.

(Steven) You can live here. There's no nouse, no rules. It would just be you.

Lapis dive bombed into the trees but still not touching the ground. Lapis was observing the trees around her, leaves with different colors.

(Steven) If it rains or gets very hot, you would be sheltered by the leaves.

(Lapis) Leaves?

Steven grabbed a leaf.

(Steven) It's a thin piece of soft material that grows on the trees. They also change color during seasons.

(Lapis) Wow.

(Steven) What do you think?

(Lapis) Oh, I'm not sure.

(Steven) Thats okay, you can chose other areas as well.

A few hours later

Steven and Lapis have been checking all the local areas near Beach City. So far, Lapis hasn't made up her mind. It was getting dark.

As they were flying through the skies, Steven noticed the beauty in the sky.

(Steven) It's nice up here.

(Lapis) Eh, it's all right. I guess I can see why you like it. Hold on.

She quickly started zooming through the clouds. Then, she did a flip while letting go of Steven for a quick second before grabbing his wrists to keep him from falling. Steven noticed that they were over an ocean.

(Steven) I wonder how far we are.

Lapis saw a familiar location that gives her a bad memory.

(Steven) I can see that Galaxy Warp from here.

Her grip was loosening.

(Steven) Lapis?

He was about to fall but she quickly regained her grip on his wrists.

(Lapis) Oh, sorry! I'm sorry.

They land on the Galaxy Warp location. They walked a few feet before Lapis stopped.

(Lapis) This is where I was abandoned.

(Steven) What happened?

She sighed before she started to explain.

(Lapis) It was thousands of years ago. I was only meant to visit for a short time, but I got caught in the middle of a war. It was awful. I tried to run, but... my form got destroyed. I was picked up by a Homeworld soldier and confused as a Crystal Gem and used as a tool. They'd ask me, "Show us your base. Where is your leader?" I didn't know, and I couldn't say, "I'm not one of them.". It soom became clear that there was no hope in stopping the Rebellion. All of the Homeworld gems fled. In all the panic of escaping Earth, I was left behind. And there I stayed. Freedom in my sight, but out of reach for ages. Until I was found....

She sighed and fell on her knees.

(Steven) Are you okay?

(Lapis) I'll... be fine. Let me take you back.

(Steven) Are you sure you don't want to wait a minute?

(Lapis) It's fine. I just want to get out of here.

(Steven) Okay.

She got behind on to grab a hold of him and activated her wings to fly. On their way back, she spoke again.

(Lapis) For a moment, I really felt like things were different. But they're not. No matter where I go, I'm trapped.

(Steven) But you're not. You're not understand or in a mirror. You're free.

(Lapis) But I'm still on Earth.

(Steven) Nothing is still on Earth. Everything always chnages. Seasons, temperatures, the sky, technology, and much more. This isn't the same world that held you prisoner, not anymore, and I know it doesn't feel like home, but that could change, too.

They made it back to the barn.

(Steven) I know you can't go back to Homeworld, but if you stay here it'll be your choice to stay here.

(Lapis) It's funny. For all the time I spent on Earth, I barely saw any of it. I want to see it. I want to stay here.

(Steven) Here? In this area?

(Lapis) Yeah, here here.

(Steven) Here here.

(Peridot) Yes, hear hear, everybody. What are we talking about?

(Lapis) You?!

(Peridot) Lazuli, nice to see you up and about.

(Lapis) What are you doing here?!

(Peridot) This is my new home away from Homeworld.

(Lapis) No, it's not! It's mine! Right Steven?

(Steven) (Sighs) Here we go again.

Later

(Lapis) This isn't going to work. I really thought I woild be living alone here.

(Steven) Yes, but we can work this out. You can divide the barn up to sides. Peridot has her own side and you have your own side. You both can have your own space and can do whatever you want on your side. What do you think?

After a moment of silence, Peridot spoke,

(Peridot) I like it.

(Lapis) No, no way.

(Peridot) What's the problem? You're the one getting all the good stuff. You've got the propeller and paint cans on yout side! You can do tons with those. Ooh, actually, I kind of want the paint cans. You want to trade something?

(Lapis) I don't care about the paint cans. That's not the problem.

(Steven) What is the problem?

(Lapis) It's her.

(Peridot) Huh?

(Lapis) She's the problem. I can't stand the thought of having to look at her every day. She's the one who dragged me back to Earth.

(Peridot) Hey, it wasn't my idea. I was headed to Earth, and I needed an informant. It should have been a simple misison. Things didn't exactly work out for either of us.

(Lapis) You used me like everyone else did!

(Peridot) But it's not like that anymore. It's different now. I'm different.

(Steven) It's true. Peridot has changed.

(Peridot) I sabotaged my own mission! I helped saved the Earth! I even yelled at Yellow Diamond! She's probably sending a whole fleet to find me and shatter me right now! I'm kind of a big deal. A big, anti-Homeworld deal!

(Lapis) Steven, I don't think this is gonna work.

She walked off and flew to where Steven found her yesterday.

(Steven) I had forgotten that you and her didn't have a nice last encounter.

(Peridot) That was in the past. It's not like that now!

(Steven) I know.

(Peridot) But, obviously, she doesn't. She's the one that needs to know. I want her to understand.

(Steven) You need to show her that you've changed. Otherwise, she won't believe you.

2 hours later

Peridot spent this entire time trying to show Lapis that she has changed. So far, nothing has worked. Anything she tried always ended not satisfying Lapis or ended up offending her.

Peridot has came up with the final idea. Her tape recorder. Peridot figured if giving Lapis her most prised possession would make Lapis think positive of her.

(Peridot) Ta da!

She presented Lapis a small present with a blue ribbon.

(Peridot) See, the ribbon is even blue. I got your number.

Lapis still hasn't given her a response.

(Peridot) Uh, here. I'll unwrap it for you. When I was stuck here about a week ago, Steven gave me this tape recorder as a gift, and I didn't really get it at first, but it made me feel better. Just to talk about all the weird stuff that was happening. It'll help you, too.

She gave it to Lapis. She was holding it the wrong way.

(Peridot) You, uh, press the button to record, an-and th-then you talk into it.

Lapis pressed the button.

(Lapis) I don't want your garbage.

She crushed it sith her hand. She dropped it. Steven picked up the tape that dropped out of it so he can save Peridot's progress she made on it.

(Peridot) Guh! What? Were you trapped in a tape recorder, too?! Look, I get it, you know. You're confused. You can never go back to Homeworld. This place doesn't exactly feel like home yet! You're alone! No one could possibly know what that feels like! Oh, wait. I do! And maybe Steven. We're the same! Except you don't have to be alone. So, tell me, then, what you want from me. And whatever that is, I'll do it.

(Lapis) I want you to leave!

(Peridot) ...Okay....

She walked off, out of their sight.

(Steven) She's really trying.

(Lapis) Why do you trust her, Steven?

(Steven) Because I know her. You're not even giving her a chance. You should at least know her before you decide your judgement. Now, she's gone and we might never see her again.

[Distant] AAAAAAH!

It was Peridot and she was running towards them.

(Steven) There she is.

(Peridot) They're here!

She jumped and latched herself onto Steven for protection. She was lucky that she was made of light, because if she wasn't then she would've knocked Steven over. Some giant red orb with a window that looks like an eye was incoming.

(Peridot) Run!

They ran away from it and retreated towards the barn. Once they got inside, Steven pryed Peridot off of him and dropped her.

(Steven) What is that thing?

(Peridot) It's a roaming eye, a Homeworld tracking vessel. I told you, I'm public enemy number one!

The roaming eye caught them inside the barn from the hole Peridot made a few days ago with her limb enhancers. They ran back outside but the roaming eye caught up to them.

(Peridot) This is it, Steven! They're going to wipe my grin off this planet!

(Steven) Get behind me!

The ship landed. A door opened up and a giant version of Ruby stepped out of it but it has five ruby gemstones in various places on her form, this means it's a fusion of five rubies.

(Mega Ruby) Are you the peridot assigned to the failed Earth mission?

(Peridot) Not sure if "failed" would be the right word to--

(Mega Ruby) Where is Jasper?

(Peridot) You're looking for Jasper?

(Mega Ruby) Correct!

(Peridot) Wait, but I'm the one who betrayed the mission, who called Yellow Diamond a clod!

(Mega Ruby) Tell us where Jasper is now!

(Peridot) Jasper... um...

She doesn't know where she is..

(Mega Ruby) Well?!

Peridot was about to say "I don't know" but Steven spoke before her.

(Steven) Neptune. She's on the planet Neptune.

At first, the fusion didn't believe him but after seeing his calm facial expression, she assumed he was telling the truth.

(Mega Ruby) Well, why didn't you say so? Thanks!

The fusion got into the roaming eye and left.

(Peridot) Wow, Rubies are dumb.

End of Chapter 22

Chapter 23: Mystery

3rd Person P.O.V.

A few days later after the incident with the roaming eye, Greg has some good news to share with Steven.

(Greg) Steven, I got something I wanna tell ya!

(Steven) What is it?

(Greg) I'm rich!

(Steven) What? How?

(Greg) Okay, so my old manager, Marty, when I used to be a rockstar, came into town for a short visit at the Carwash. He told me he was legally forced to give me some of the profit he made with my songs and merch. He said it was "small" but I don't think $10,000,000.00 is small!

(Steven) That's great, Dad. Is there going to be any changes I should know about?

(Greg) Eh, nothing much. I'm still keeping the Carwash opened because it's what I do best, besides singing. I guess I could use the money to help upgrade the place a bit. But we can go out on a vacation or something. Since you've been going on missions non-stop, you deserve a break.

(Steven) I guess I could take a day off. What are we doing?

(Greg) I'm glad you asked. Look over there!

He pointed to the ocean and Steven saw a small cruise ship.

(Steven) You bought a boat?

(Greg) Correction: I rented a boat. I may be rich, but buying a boat would be going a bit overboard.

(Steven) I knew you were going to say that.

Greg laughed.

(Greg) Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go have fun! I already got our luggage so all we gotta do is get to the boat.

On their way to the boat, Lapis appears to be flying in the sky and when she spotted Steven, she flew to him.

(Lapis) Steven, where are you going?

(Steven) To that boat. Don't worry, nothing bad is happening. I'm just spending a day out in the sea to relax.

(Lapis) Oh, okay. Can I come with you?

(Steven) I thought you were taking a break from water.

(Lapis) I was but I think I'm getting over it. Besides, I feel safer with you..

(Steven) Okay, you can come. But I don't want you to come if theres anything you're not okay with.

(Lapis) It's fine. I should be fine, it's just water.

(Steven) Okay then, let's go.

At the boat

Steven, Lapis, and Greg were relaxing on the boat while they drifted aimlessly away from Beach City. Steven taught Lapis how to fish, shuffleboard, and even honked the horn on the boat for fun. It was a great day so far.

Steven and Lapis were relaxing on beach chairs until suddenly the boat shook and stopped for a brief moment and then it resumed drifting.

(Lapis) What was that?

(Greg) (distant) Steven! You got a moment?

Steven got up and went to where his Dad was.

(Steven) Is everything okay, Dad?

(Greg) Shh! You hear that?

...

(Steven) No.

(Greg) I guess it stopped. I think something's wrong with the boat.

He tried turning the wheel but it was stuck in place.

(Greg) Aw, geez, something's throwing off the rudder. I don't know what's going on, and this owner's manual is no help. It's mostly advice on sun tanning and what crackers go with caviar.

(Steven) What crackers go with caviar?

(Greg) Water crackers.

Another Dad Joke, everyone. Greg got a good chuckle before a rumble was heard within the boat.

(Greg) There it is. That sound from earlier.

It got louder before a crash was heard. They both went the control room and when they opened the door, black smoke pushed it's way out of the room.

(Greg) Aw, crud! The engine! I don't know how to fix an engine. This trip might be a little longer thought.

Greg tried to see what he can do while Steven was looking for Lapis. Steven found her leaning forward on thw railing.

(Steven) Lapis? I have some unfortunate news. There's trouble with the engine, and we mught be stuck out here for a while.

(Lapis) (Sighs).

(Steven) I'm sorry.

(Lapis) Don't be, it's my fault.

(Steven) How come?

(Lapis) I'm really trying ro enjoy it out here, but... I can't stop thinking about being fused as Malachi, how I used all my strength to hold her down in the ocean, and how I was always battling against Jasper to keep her bound to me.

(Steven) But it's not like that anymore. You're not with Jasper.

(Lapis) That's not it. I... I miss her.

(Steven) What?

(Lapis) We were fused for so long.

(Steven) But she's terrible. She's bad for you, bad for everyone.

(Lapis) I'm terrible! I did horrible things! I stole Earth's ocean! Go on! Tell me I'm wrong!

(Steven) No.

The boat shaked. They both regained their balence but they heard a noise that was coming towards them. They didn't know what it was until a familiar face climbs into the boat.

(Jasper) Finally!

[Thunder]

(Jasper) I thought I'd never catch up to you!

(Lapis) You've been following us?

(Jasper) I've been following you.

She started marching to Lapis. Steven stood in front of Lapis as a way of telling Jasper to back off. She laughed.

(Jasper) This weak flesh bag works for you now? You're protecting the wrong gem (chuckles). She's the one you should be afraid of.

(Lapis) That's not true.

(Jasper) You can't lie to me. I've seen what you've capable of. I thought I was a brute, but you, you're a monster.

(Lapis) I...

She knew that she was right and has nothing to say to defend herself.

(Steven) I'm giving you one chance to back off before I remove you from this vessel myself.

(Jasper) This is between us!

She grabbed his collar and threw him behind her.

(Lapis) Steven!

She went to check on him but Jasper grabbed her hand and forced her to be in front of her and she kneeled on both knees.

(Jasper) Let's be Malachi again.

[Thunder]

(Lapis) Why... would you want that?

(Jasper) I was wrong about fusion. You made me understand. Malachi was bigger and stronger than the both of us! We could fly!

(Steven) Don't listen!

(Jasper) Stay out of this!

(Lapis) I was terrible to you. I liked taking everything out on you. I needed to. I-I hated you. It was bad!

(Jasper) It'll be better this time. I've changed. You changed me!

(Steven) She's lying, don't listen!

(Jasper) Shut up!

She resumed her speech to Lapis.

(Jasper) I'm the only one who can handle your kind of power. Together, we'll be unstoppable!

(Lapis) No.

(Jasper) What?

(Lapis) What we had wasn't healthy. I never want to feel like I felt with you, never again! So just go.

(Jasper) Lapis!

(Steven) She said, "No"! Leave her alone!

(Jasper) This is your fault.

(Steven) On the contrary, you made her feel this was with your power hungry motives. You did this yourself.

(Jasper) I'll kill you!

She charged at Steven. Lapis feared what would happen so she used her powers to create a giant water fist to punch Jasper far away from the boat but that caused it to sink. Greg rushed out of the control room.

(Greg) Are you two okay?! What?!

He noticed the giant hole.

(Greg) What happened?

(Steven) It's a long story.

Lapis allowed Steven on her shoulders and she grabbed Greg's wrists and started to fly back home. Looks like Greg bought a boat after all.

The next day.

Steven never told the others about the incident with Jasper since it wasn't important anymore. He will tell them sooner or later but not now. Pearl was going on a gem hunt and she asked for Steven to accompany her.

It was unusual for her to ask him instead of Garnet or even Amethyst, but she must look up to him since Garnet reccomended her to him. Steven decided it was best for him to join her on the mission. They warped in a snowy area.

Luckily, Steven brought a coat and scarf to keep him warm.

(Pearl) We're here. I know you're still a bit confused about why I brought you here.

(Steven) I'm more concerned about why you chose me instead of someone else.

(Pearl) Well, I happen to underestimate you dozens of times and you always perform beyond my expectations. I think you're capable of doing a simple mission like this just fine. Anyways, we're here to locate a few corrupted gems that we've been tracking and the traces lead to here. We should find at least two of them. So, what should we do first?

(Steven) What?

(Pearl) I'm letting you take lead of this mission. Just as an experience.

(Steven) Okay...

This could not get anymore awkward.

(Steven) We should we follow any footsteps it leaves behind. We should split up to cover more ground.

(Pearl) Okay, but how do we contact each other in case we need help?

(Steven) I haven't thought of that. But we should be fine since if we do find one of them, they'll be very loud and we'll follow the noise.

(Pearl) Okay. I'll go this way and you'll go that way.

They both split up to find the beasts they were looking for.

[Distant Hellish Roar]

Steven was looking around him. He checked the trees and snowy bushes for any signs of the monsters. None so far.

They must be close though if he was able to hear them. What confuses him if the sudden roar, why would it just roar? It had to have a reason to roar.

Especially from the sound of it, it sounded a lot different than anything he has heard before. Steven was going towards where he would hear it. He wonders if Pearl had found one of them and it ran from her.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw a creature running across the river in front of him and going into the woods blindly. Steven immediately went after it. After chasing it for a couple of minutes, it stopped when it thought it was safe.

There was no way Pearl could be chasing it because if that were true, she would've been right behind him. Steven was going to sneak up on it and try to directly pull it's gem out to poof it effectively. It was the only thing he can do since he doesn't have any powers or anything.

However, before he got close, something tackled the creature. It was Jasper. She was punching the creature into the ground before she removed the gem from the creature roughly.

Pearl showed up.

(Pearl) Steven, I saw one of them running to here and I-- Jasper!

Jasper turned to them.

(Jasper) (chuckles) Look what I got.

She revealed that she has two corrupted gems. She knew a fight between her and them was a no-win since Steven was here. So she grabbed a bolder to throw at them to distract them while she gets away.

Steven and Pearl moved out of the way to avoid getting hit. Jasper was gone.

(Pearl) Are you okay?

(Steven) I'm fine.

(Pearl) I saw one of them going to here so I followed it. I figured you did the same since you're here.

(Steven) Yeah. Pearl.

(Pearl) Yes?

(Steven) I saw Jasper the yesterday.

(Pearl) What?! Why didn't you tell us?

(Steven) I was going to but I didn't think she get back so quick.

(Pearl) We should tell the others.

The next day (again)

Steven and Pearl told Garnet and Amethyst about what happened yesterday and the incident on the boat. Today, Pearl and Garnet were going to search for Jasper while Steven and Amethyst stayed to hold down the fort.

They both did nothing for the past few hours. Eventually, Amethyst went outside to find something to do but she went back inside to call for Steven.

(Amethyst) Uh, Steven! There's something you might wanna see.

He gets up and goes to the porch and hes a corrupted gem emerging from the ocean and making it's way to shore. Steven recognizes the monster, it was the one he and Pearl were tracking yesterday. But it also remembers Steven because it growled when it spotted him.

Amethyst quickly grabbed her whip and wrapped it around the creature in diffrent parts before pulling in it to squeeze it until it poofed.

(Amethyst) Well, that happened. Steven whats wrong?

(Steven) I remember that gem but there was two of them.

(Amethyst) Two of them?

The second corrupted gem appeared from the ocean with Jasper on top of it.

(Jasper) Glad I found you. I've decided to build my own army. Where's the rest of yours?

(Steven) That's none of your concern!

(Jasper) Heh, figured as much.

(Amethyst) It doesn't matter. I'm gonna whip your butt all by myself!

She whips the creature which made it drop Jasper.

(Amethyst) You and Lion handle that thing while I handle Jasper.

She went after her while Steven and Lion got ready to fight. Meanwhile with Amethyst and Jasper,

(Jasper) I came here to fight the human, not some runt!

(Amethyst) You think you can just keep showing up and picking fights with us?! Ha! Why don't you get a life?!

(Jasper) Fighting is my life! It's what I was made for. It's what you were made for too, runt.

(Amethyst) So? I've got other stuff goin' on. I can fight just fine!

She tried using her whip in a quick motion to catch Jasper off guard, but it didn't work. She caught it.

(Jasper) Well, then, let's see it!

She yanked Amethyst towards her and sent hee flying back with a kick. She then kept tripping Amethyst and pushing her over to the ground over and over again.

(Jasper) (chuckles) You're not even trying. Is it because you know you're already a failure? You're a Quartz Solider, just like me. But you're not like me, are you? (Chuckles) You're small!

She gave Amethyst a beatdown.

(Steven) Amethyst!

(Jasper) Are you that desperate for troops that you keep a defect like this?!

Amethyst was having a hard time standing up.

(Amethyst) Rose said... I'm perfect... the way I am.

(Jasper) Then she had low standards.

Amethyst tried to attack her.

(Jasper) You could have been me!

She kicked Amethyst.

(Jasper) And what are you instead? Just a joke.

She used her helmet to headbutted Amethyst and then she poofed.

(Steven) Amethyst!

She grabbed Amethyst's gem.

(Jasper) Time to get rid of this embarrassment.

Steven ran up and gave her a kick that made her drop Amethyst's gem. Steven caught it and put it in his pocket to keep it safe.

(Jasper) Finally. A real opponent.

(Steven) You will regret what you did.

(Jasper) Is that so? Why don't you prove it?

(Steven) With pleasure.

Steven kicked her right knee which forced her to be on her left knee, then jabbed her in the face a few times before giving her a powerful uppercut which made her stand up.

(Jasper) It's going to take a lot more than that to beat me!

She tried to grab him but he retaliated by hitting her in the face with a kick to make her back up. Steven ran up to her but then slide down on the sand to sweep one of her legs to force on one knee again. Then, he gets up and hits the back of her head to distract her momentarily while he uses his feet to jump on her knee up in the air to land on her.

Unfortunately, this did not defeat her but it did managed to hurt her. She gets back up, ready from another attack from Steven so she can counter it. Steven knew she would ready for anything which is why he hasn't done anything but back away whenever she gets to close.

Jasper eventually tried to punch him but he avoided her fist and grabs her arm to flip her on her back and he stomps on her face to break her helmet's visor. Jasper quick gets up and tries to use the monster to help her fight but Lion has already taken care of it.

(Jasper) It's always you, isn't it. I always lose to you!

(Steven) You have nothing to say to defend you, Jasper. I fought you with a frontal assault instead of using "cheap tatics". You just can't admit that you've been beaten by a human.

(Jasper) You--

(Steven) No! You called Amethyst a joke because she was defective and smaller than you. But I'm smaller than you and from where I'm standing, you're a joke.

Her eyes widen.

(Jasper) That's not true!

(Steven) Yes, it is. You always resort to something else when you've been defeated. You went to fusion when I beat you the first time. Now, you resorted to corrupted gems. You must have low standards.

(Jasper) You... I.... gah!

(Steven) Just admit it! You've lost!

(Jasper) No, this was just a warm up.

She started going back to the ocean with one of her corrupted soldiers in her hand.

(Jasper) Get ready for the next time. Jaspers don't give up! Jaspers keep going until we get what we want.

(Steven) You won't.

She finally escaped with the ocean.

End of Chapter 23

Chapter 24: Bismuth

3rd Person P.O.V.

A few days later after the battle with Jasper, Steven told the others about the intrusion and they've been on high alert since then. Amethyst had reformed shortly after Steven took her gemstone out of his pocket. Her appearance was almost the same only this time she has a white shirt.

Amethyst hasn't been herself since she has been reformed as she was trying to be more serious and not humorous like before. Steven immediately noticed her sudden changed demeanor but hasn't talked to her incase she doesn't want to talk about it. Eventually, he talked to her about it.

He told her that she can't let what Jasper said mess with her because Jasper was trying to belittle her so she can be seen as "The Perfect Cut". He told her about Jasper's humiliation of being defeated by a human was the reason why she even said those things in the first place. Amethyst did feel better from that since Jasper isn't as perfect as she thought she was.

Today, Steven was reading a book. Lion tried getting his attention and it worked.

(Steven) What is it?

Since Lion couldn't talk, he moved his head, asking Steven to follow him in sign language. Steven put the book down and followed Iion. Lion allowed Steven to get on top of him so he can teleport to a location.

Lion took Steven to an unfamiliar place and Steven was looking at his surroundings. There was a podium with a hand highlight on it. Steven tried activating it but it didn't work, it must be a gem thing.

Lion put his paw on it and it glowed, it activated.

(Steven) How can you do that?

If Lion could speak, he would say, "Plot" (This was a joke). But since he can't, he shrugged. Weapons and armor were materializing around them, this must be some sort of a loadout for gems during the war.

What caught Steven's attention was a bubble. What was a bubble doing here? Shouldn't it be in the Temple? Steven grabbed it and was going to take it to the Temple but it popped. This was not good.

Steven braced himself for some monster to appear and try to kill him but not this time. A gem formed and it looked more humanish than monstrous. She freaked out the moment she was fully formed.

It looked like she was trying to defend herself from something or someone. She spotted Steven and they both were staring at each other. Now that she's standing still, Steven got a good look at her.

She's big, similar to Garnet's height, rainbow hair, tattoos of stars, some sort of a black apron, and her gem was on her chest and it matched her hair color.

(Biamuth) Who are you? Where am I?

(Steven) I was just about to ask you the same.

(Bismuth) You're not Rose.

(Steven) Rose? As in Rose Quartz?

(Bismuth) You know her? Where is she?

(Steven) She's gone, she left.

(Bismuth) Oh, is that so?

(Steven) Yes. Who are you?

(Bismuth) My name is Bismuth. What's yours?

(Steven) Steven.

(Bismuth) Okay, Steven, if you know Rose Quartz, you should know Garnet and Pearl, right?

(Steven) Yes.

(Bismuth) Take me to them, I need to speak with them.

Back at the Temple

Steven brought Bismuth back to the beach house and gathered Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst to see Bismuth.

(Amethyst) Wow, a total stranger.

Garnet removed her visor to see if her eyes were deceiving her.

(Bismuth) Pearl... Garnet...

(Pearl) BISMUTH!

She jumped and hugged Bismuth.

(Pearl) (laughing) You're back!

(Bismuth) Woah, hey! The Pearl I know never jumps into my arms. Hey, did somebody lose a pearl? Who do you belong to?

(Pearl) Nobody.

(Garnet) All right, all right. Settle down.

(Bismuth) Oh, you're one to talk. Oh, oh, excuse me. You're two to talk.

Garnet gasped and playfully punched Bismuth's arm.

(Bismuth) Hey, cool it. Your ruby is showing.

(Pearl) Where have you been? We thought you'd been captured. Or, worse, shattered.

(Bismuth) Shatter me? Pssh! Homeworld couldn't lay a scratch on this gem. Anyway, I was found by that human over there. He said that Rose was gone, is that true?

(Pearl) I'm afraid so.

(Amethyst) So, who are you?

(Garnet) This is Bismuth. She's one of the original Crystal Gems.

(Bismuth) Oh, hey, new recruits! Welcome aboard. We could always use more amethysts and-- wait, is he a Crystal Gem, too?

(Pearl) Um, well, we don't really know, since he isn't a gem.

(Bismuth) Hey, I'm fine with humans working with us. So, where is everybody else?

(Steven) "Everybody else"?

(Bismuth) Yeah, the rest of the Crystal Gems! Old Crazy Lace, Biggs, Snowflake.

The gems had a worried look.

(Bismuth) What?

Different location.

The Warp Pad resonated and everyone stepped out of it. It was an old battlefield.

(Bismuth) (gasp) No. No way! We were... just here. How long was I out?

(Pearl) It's been about 5,300 years. We, the Crystal Gems, were able to save the Earth.

(Bismuth) But we're all that's left of the rebellion, huh?

Pearl lets some of her tears slide down her face.

(Bismuth) Aw, come on, Pearl. You know I can't take it when you cry like that.

She teared up, too.

(Pearl) (sniffles) I'm sorry.

(Bismuth) No. No need to apologize.

She wiped some of the tears away.

(Garnet) Homeworld's final attack on Earth wiped out all of the Crystal Gems.

(Pearl) Rose was able to protect Garnet and myself and, by the looks of it, she was able to protect you as well.

Bismuth picks up a battle axe.

(Bismuth) I knew those Homeworld elites were twisted. How many of us did they shatter?! Crazy Lace?! Biggs?! Snowflake?! If I was there, I... I could've stopped it!

(Garnet) It's not like they've stopped trying.

(Bismuth) What's that?

(Garnet) Homeworld still has its eyes on this planet.

(Pearl) We continue to thwart their plans, over and over.

(Steven) But they just keep coming back.

(Amethyst) Yep, they want us, bad.

(Bismuth) Good. I thought I wouldn't get another chance to show thise upper crusts who's boss! Let's show 'em what happens when you mess with the Crystal Gems.

(Garnet) Bismuth, the gems on Homeworld outnumber us by a huge amount.

(Pearl) And their technology far surpasses anything we have available on Earth.

(Bismuth) (laughs) What else is new? Garnet, remember when you and I took on a battalion of Quartz Soldiers? We walked out with out stones shining brighter than when we walker in.

(Garnet) Heh, as I recall, it was three battalions.

(Bismuth) And, Pearl, remember when we stopped that drop ship? I'll never forget the look on that Nephrite's face when you pulled her out of the cockpit!

(Pearl) (chuckles) I know. How embarrassing for her.

(Bismuth) Ha ha! So, let's pick up where we left off! To the Forge!

At the Forge

They Warped another location.

(Bismuth) Thay brings back memories, huh?

(Steven) Is this the Forge?

(Bismuth) Not yet. Follow me.

They followed her to a cave like entrance and she lead them into it. It has a lot of stuff on thw walls and even scatter on the floor. The temperature was hot.

(Steven) Is the natural temperature suppose to be this hot?

(Bismuth) Yep, but it's about to be way hotter!

She hammered a podium and it sank into the floor. Lava poured onto her and illuminated the room. She stepped out of the lava like she just took a shower.

(Bismuth) Nothing like a hot lava bath to get into a working mood.

Shes grabs a sort of items, clenches them into her hand and sticks her hand into some lava and then metal was on her hand. She then placed it on an anvil.

(Steven) What did you do during the rebellion?

(Bismuth) Homeworld used as bismuths to erect spires and temples for the gem elites to enjoy. But Rose taught me that my life was my own, that I could choose to do whatever I wanted. So I chose this.

She made a sword.

(Steven) A blacksmith.

(Bismuth) That's right. I outfitted the entire rebellion. Every material weapon used by the Crystal Gems was made right here in this Forge. Wait, is it still here?

She went to a chest and opened it.

(Bismuth) Aha! Yes!

She tossed Garnet a pair of brass knuckles that are compatible with her gauntlets.

(Bismuth) Something to pack a little extra punch.

Then, she tossed something for Pearl.

(Bismuth) And why don't you try a trident.

That was also compatible with her spear.

(Pearl) Oh, Bismuth, you shouldn't have.

(Bismuth) It's no big deal. I was working on them since before... well, may as well give them to you now.

(Garnet) It was worth the wait.

(Bismuth) Hey, it's a pleasure doing bismuth (business) with you.

She turned to Steven and Amethyst.

(Bismuth) Hey, deep cut, don't think I forgot about you. What you packin'?

(Amethyst) Oh, this old thing?

She materialized her whip.

(Bismuth) Oh, wow...

(Amethyst) What is it?

(Bismuth) Well, not every Quartz can make a whip like this. You mind if I take a look?

(Amethyst) Knock yourself out.

(Bismuth) Hold on, I've got an idea.

She took the whip and changed it a bit.

(Bismuth) Here. With this, you can really do some damage.

Amethyst's whip was different. It had balls of spikes at the end of it.

(Amethyst) Aw, yeah, baby!

(Bismuth) Steven, what kind of weapon do you have?

(Steven) I don't use a weapon.

(Bismuth) You mean, you fight with just your hands?

(Steven) Is that a problem?

(Bismuth) Nope. I think it's bold for a human to fight off Homeworld with their bare hands. But you gotta have something if you're gonna take on Homeworld. Fortunately, I think I have something for you.

She opens a small porton of the wall and reveals an armor stand with armor on it.

(Steven) What is that?

(Bismuth) It's a prototype of what I used to work on during the war. See, I got this bright idea after I made some weapons that I should make something that could help defend our soldiers in battle. So, I used the same material I used to make our swords and battle axes to make armor plates and eventually a suit of armor. I haven't tested it yet but it shows promise.

(Steven) What can it do?

(Bismuth) I'm glad you asked. The suit is very durable so it can protect the user in it. Oh, and before you ask about the weight in the metal, I already took care of that. With a little magic, the suit won't weigh the user down so they can be efficient in combat. Aside from being light, it also provides additional strength and agility to the user so they'll be a force to be reckoned with. It can withstand lava, extreme hot and cold temperatures, destabilization, rejuvenation, and corruption. Of course the last few bits won't matter to you since you're a human.

(Steven) You're giving it to me?

(Bismuth) Yeah, as a little thank you for freeing me. Plus, you need it to be protected from whatever Homeworld throws at us.

Back at Beach City

Outside the temple, Steven and the gems were getting ready for a spar match. Steven is wearing the armor that Bismuth gave him, testing it out to see how much use it is.

(Bismuth) Homeworld treats us like dirt because we don't shine like the elites. But the Crystal Gems are back and we'll give those Diamonds another taste of what's coming!

Steven stood back, he watching everything that was about to happen.

(Bismuth) Now, show me what you got, soldiers!

Bismuth and the gems are having friendly spar while Steven watches. He knows they aren't giving it all they got, he seen them fight better. Eventually, Bismuth notices Steven wasn't participating and was just watching them fight.

(Bismuth) Steven, come down here and show me what you're made of!

(Amethyst) Oh, we should all take on Steven.

(Bismuth) Whoa, now. I know y'all said he's a tough lil guy but I think 4 against 1 is overkill.

(Steven) Yes, because it'll be an unfair fight for all of you.

(Bismuth) Ooh! You boasting? All right, let's do it.

Bismuth and Garnet stood in front of Steven in a reasonable distance while Pearl was on his left and Amethyst on his right.

(Steven) Bring it.

Pearl striked first. Steven quickly moved to the side before grabbing her trident and pushing at her to make her back off. Amethyst used her whip to grab a hold of Steven's arm.

Steven quickly yanked the whip with brute force and Amethyst went flying to his direction. Steven clotheslined Amethyst and she was down from the hard hit. Pearl returns to attack from behind but he elbowed her in her face to blind her for a short moment and sweeps her off her feet.

(Bismuth) Oh, stars. Y'all shouldn't atttack one at time, it gives him the advantage!

(Amethyst) Thanks for the heads up.

She gets back up and so did Pearl. Bismuth and Garnet cautiously walked towards Steven. Pearl and Amethyst striked at the same time but Steven ducked and Amethyst's whip hit Pearl by accident.

(Amethyst) Oops! Sorry, Pearl.

Steven grabbed Amethyst and chucked her at Garnet like a football. Garnet caught her and set her back on the ground. Garnet activated her gauntlets while Steven was watching her fists very carefully.

She threw the first punch but he jumped over her, using the extra agility he has from the suit. Bismuth tried using her makeshift weapon hands on Steven but he moved and hit Garnet by accident. Pearl charged at Steven with her trident and Steven quickly thought of a bright idea.

He gave Pearl a hard punch in her stomach before taking her trident and throwing it at Bismuth. It nearly hit her but Garnet punched it away. Pearl was attacking Steven in hand-to-hand combat.

She tried to give him a side kick but it failed when he grabbed her leg and kicked her other leg which forced her to fall over. While still holding Pearl's leg, Steven blocks a punch from Garnet before using Pearl's body/form to attack Garnet.

(Bismuth) Wow, attacking the enemy with the enemy is something I'd thought I never see.

Steven threw Pearl at Bismuth.

(Amethyst) We should probably give up. We'd hardly hit him and with that suit, he's unstoppable.

(Pearl) Yes, please do. I'm afraid he was going to use me as a weapon again.

(Bismuth) Y'all were right. He is a tough cookie.

Later

It was dark outside. Steven was finishing instructing Bismuth about we she would sleep if she wanted to. Steven sorta felt different and he was about to explain why.

(Steven) You know, usually, when I meet a new gem, they try to kill me and it takes a while to get them to stop. I'm glad you aren't like them.

(Bismuth) Heh, it's a bit messed up but thats the things you gotta expect when you're in a war. So, be real for like a minute. Do you have any weapons? Like, any at all?

(Steven) One, but only one.

He went upstairs and came back downstairs with Rose's sword.

(Bismuth) (gasp) Rose's sword. My finest piece of work.

(Steven) You made this?

(Bismuth) Yep. Oh, it takes me back.

She sat down while explaining.

(Bismuth) Rose Quartz changed my life. I came to Earth thinking this was just another colony. Build another arena for important fighters to fight in, build another spire for important thinkers to think in, and then, I met her. Just another Quartz Soldier, made right here in the dirt, but she was different. And she was different because she decided to be. And she asked me what I wanted to build, and I'd never heard that before. And gems never hear they can be anything other than what they are, but Rose opened our eyes.

(Steven) The gems keep telling how wise she was but sometimes they also blame me for her leaving, sometimes.

(Bismuth) Why?

(Steven) Because when I started becoming an ally with them, she left two weeks after.

(Bismuth) But they seem to be friendly with you now, from what I saw.

(Steven) They were much more aggressive about two months ago.

(Bismuth) Well, I wouldn't know anything, but I think you aren't the reason she left. I think, she left because she wanted to leave. Sure, it was not kind of her to suddenly leave but she has taught us the lesson of we don't need to be told what to do and we're free to do what we want. Since theres no war going on, at the moment, she probably took it as an opportunity to relax.

(Steven) I highly doubt that. She didn't even say goodbye or leave a message or anything. She just... disappeared without any of us knowing.

(Bismuth) Like I said, she chose to leave. She probably left because of some other reason but the bottom line is, she chose to leave. And y'all seem to be handling yourselves just fine without her.

(Steven) Barely. At the start, everyone was at each others throats and aggressive towards each other and at me. Then, we started having problems, like when Amethyst was having self esteem issues, Pearl deceiving Garnet, and everything else and I was always one to sort them out.

(Bismuth) Heh, but you don't have to live up to their expectations. Sure, they might hate you for it but you are better than them if you live the way you want to live. You can be better than someone else by being you. In fact, you deserve a better weapon than her sword.

Back to the Forge

Bismuth took Steven to the Forge to get his new weapon.

(Bismuth) I designed this sword for a fair fight. It can cut through a gem's physical form in an instant. Destroying the body, but never the gem. But... Homeworld doesn't fight fair. That's why we need a different strategy.

She activated something and the floor started slowly descending until they reached the bottom and surrounded with lava at the walls for light.

(Bismuth) Aside with the armor I gave you, I was working on a weapon that would've been a gamechanger. Homeworld knows how to hit us where it counts, but we can do everything they can do, and better.

She presented Steven the weapon.

(Bismuth) Here it is: the weapon that would've won the war.

It looked like something that attaches to your arm with a drill head on it.

(Steven) What is it?

(Bismuth) I call it a Breaking Point.

(Steven) What does it do?

(Bismuth) Just watch.

She activated a mechanism that created decoys of Homeworld enemies.

(Bismuth) Listen up, you Homeworld upper crusts! We. Are. The Crystal. Gems!

The weapon instantly poked right through where the gem should be and destroyed it. Steven didn't like that.

(Bismuth) So, what do you think?

(Steven) You shattered it...

(Bismuth) That's right! One shot from this baby will shatter any gem in the galaxy, in the blink of an eye.

(Steven) Shattering a gem would destroy them forever...

(Bismuth) Exactly! The Homeworld gems won't be able to retake this planet when they're reduced to shards.

She equips the lethal weapon on his arm.

(Bismuth) There. Now, you look like you really mean bismuth (business). Now, that's a real weapon. Why don't you give it a test run? This one's got your name on it.

He stepped to it.

(Bismuth) Wait, let me get out of your way.

She moved and gave Steven a clear shot to eliminate the decoy. This doesn't feel right for Steven. Shatter is the same word for kill in gemkind and shattering enemies never seemed like a good idea for him.

He naturally doesn't want to kill anyone and gems were like people on Earth but with some differences. They can think and feel like a person which made Steven, sometimes, mistaken a gem for a person with strange abilities instead of an alien. Steven was told by Garnet that on Homeworld, gems who didn't do what they were told would face a fatal punishment.

Wasn't that the whole point of the rebellion? To be different and better than Homeworld, not like them?

(Steven) Bismuth... I can't use this weapon.

(Bismuth) What? Why not?

(Steven) Shattering gems... wouldn't that make us the same as Homeworld?

(Bismuth) Of course not! We'd be shattering them for the sake of our cause, to protect our allies, our friends, to free all gems from Homeworld's tyranny!

(Steven) It's not something a Crystal Gem would do.

(Bismuth) Don't tell me what a Crystal Gem would do. How would you even know if you aren't even one of us?

(Steven) Like you said, the whole point of the rebellion was to liberate gems from Homeworld's tyranny but they shatter for their own cause. Shattering gems for our cause would make us like them when we're suppose to be better than them.

(Bismuth) It's different between us and them. If you won't take it, I'll just use it myself.

(Steven) No! No one is using it!

He took it off and threw it to the side.

(Steven) I'm sorry, Bismuth, but it's not right.

(Bismuth) That's exactly what she said. That's exactly what you said. Did Rose fill your head with everything she knows and leave? Because that's exactly her reason for why I shouldn't use it. I'm not letting you do what she did to me last time!

(Steven) Last time?

(Bismuth) Lying to the others about me! I'm not going through that again! But I didn't just disappear, did I?

(Steven) Bismuth! Theres no need for a fight. This is just a little disagreement.

(Bismuth) Really? Last time me and her had a disagreement, I was lost and forgotten! Don't play games with me!

She aggressively stomped.

(Bismuth) I'm offering you the same offer I gave her and your answer is the same as her's! The Breaking Point would've changed everything!

She attacked but he jumped to the side and avoid a fight and trying to talk this out. She was fighting a lot different than when they were sparring, she was fighting to kill. Luckily, Steven was wearing the armor she gave him.

(Bismuth) What type of leader doesn't give her army the best chance to win?! How could you value the gems of our enemies more than our own?! All that talk about how gems could take control of their own identities, how we'd been convinced to ignore our own potential. That's all what it was, just talking! You both should've listen to me. I would've taken the war to Homeworld and shattered the Diamonds! I would've liberated everyone!

She took Rose's sword and tried attacking him. Fortunately for Steven, the armor was durable enough to withstand the blade (For those who want to know the "Science" behind that, read the Author's Note at the the end of the Chapter.).

(Bismuth) The war would've ended shortly if we deployed more Breaking Points but you and Rose's morals get in the way of our victory!

Steven swept her off her feet which made her drop the sword. Steven mistakenly picked up the Breaking Point instead of the sword by accident and she saw him do it.

(Bismuth) What are you going to do, shatter me?

She moved it to where it's pointing at her gem.

(Bismuth) Go ahead! Just do it!

She closed her eyes and waited.

(Steven) No! Even if we don't agree, nobody deserves this.

She took the opportunity to attack agin but Stevem quickly reacted and hit her face with his knee and it forced her on the ground. He placed his foot on her gem and applied pressure since the gemstone is the most sensitive part of a gem's form. She stopped struggling.

(Bismuth) You should just shatter me, just like she should've... At least, if I were in pieces, I wouldn't have to know how little I mattered to her.

She teared up a little.

(Bismuth) She didn't even tell them. She bubbled me away and didn't ever tell my friends.

(Steven) But I'm going to do the opposite of what she did.

She let out a soft little laugh before she spoke again.

(Bismuth) Then you really are better than her.

Later

Steven and Bismuth told the truth about what happened from before and at first, they didn't believe it. But when Steven presented the Breaking Point, they believed them. Steven destoryed it and Bismuth is starting to understand why they wouldn't shatter their enemies.

In the end, they still have some doubts about how "wise" Rose was.

End of Chapter 24

Chapter 25: Secrets

3rd Person P.O.V.

The next day, Steven was going to the Barn to check on Peridot and Lapis. He had his armor on because after he checks on the two gems in the barn, he was going to look for Jasper. Jasper doesn't scare him, but he doesn't want her loose with corrupted gems as her "soldiers".

Her immorality is a means to an end. Steven saw Peridot outside the barn, looking like she planned on leaving and she was holding something in her hand.

(Peridot) Steven! I was-- Whoa, where'd you get the armor?

(Steven) From a friend. What's that in yout hand?

(Peridot) Okay, so you remember about a week ago when you suggested I should give Lapis a gift to help change her judgement about me?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) So, I decided about giving you a gift.

She presented a small device in her hand.

(Steven) What is it?

(Peridot) It's a handmade sequencer. Homeworld has dozens of these but I made one out of my limb enhancers and some parts from the drill.

(Steven) What is the purpose of this device?

(Peridot) It's suppose to manipulate Warp Pads and gem tech. But it's not fully upgraded yet. Due to the lack of parts we have, it can only control Warps. I think we can find some parts to complete it at the Beta Kindergarten.

(Steven) Beta Kindergarten?

(Peridot) Yeah, it's similar to the Prime Kindergarten but it was only a test site for the first gems to emerge from the ground. It should be empty like the other Kindergarten, I hope. I know what parts we need so I was going to ask you to come with me.

(Steven) Why are you asking me to come with you?

(Peridot) Because... I'm... afraid to go myself and Lapis doesn't want to go.

(Steven) All right, I planned on going out there anyway.

(Peridot) Great! Let's get going.

She lead him to the nearest Warp Pad.

(Peridot) This is a perfect opportunity for you to try the sequencer.

They got on the Warp and Steven opened the sequencer.

(Steven) What do I do?

(Peridot) I'll elaborate. There's a "Sync Warp" button on the right. Press it.

He complied.

(Peridot) Next, it'll connect to the nearest Warp Pad, which is this one, and then, it'll give you a map layout of all the accessible Warp Pads this one can take you. Press the desired location and it'll take you right to it. I reccomend you memorize the map layout so you can access the Warps easily.

(Steven) Where's the Beta Kindergarten?

(Peridot) I'll show you.

She showed him the location and she pressed it for him. The Warp Pad activated and took them to the Beta Kindergarten.

At the Beta Kindergarten

The Warp Pad resonated and they stepped out of it.

(Peridot) See? It works! Now, all we have to do is find an injector, strip the correct parts from it, and the sequencer should be completed.

They were walking down the path.

(Steven) Peridot.

(Peridot) Yes, Steven?

(Steven) Why did you give me this?

(Peridot) Oh, um, as a gift.

(Steven) Are you sure? Because the way you described the device, made it sound like something you want.

(Peridot) I'll admit, it's a adequate device but I guess the real reason I gave it to you is because... I trust you with it. You're different than Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis, and even Garnet. You're intelligent, strong, and understanding. I figured you deserve such a marvelous device since you can put it to good use.

(Steven) I will.

They found a nearby injector that was dismantled, perfect. After a few minutes of Peridot stripping some parts out, she took the sequencer and placed the compatible parts in it so now it is 100% complete.

(Peridot) Here you are, a completed sequencer.

(Steven) Thanks.

They both heard something. Steven immediately went over to the area with Peridot following him. They saw a hole but with broken injector legs being used a bars.

Steven got for a closer look but beyond the bars was a corrupted gem. It snarled at him but he remain still, didn't flinch at the monster's futile attempt to attack him. It looks like the monster were imprisoned but by whom?

The question was quickly answered by Peridot.

(Peridot) Jasper?!

She spotted Jasper standing in front of one of the "cells" for the other monsters that are here. This must be where she keeps them.

(Peridot) What is she doing?

(Steven) She's been collecting monsters as her "troops" in a attempt to defeat me. She has hit a new low.

She silenced one of the monsters.

(Jasper) Pipe down! You take orders from me now! You used to be a Quartz, too, didn't you? What happened to you?

The monster snapped at her.

(Jasper) Ugh, disgraceful! I can't believe I've resorted to recruiting you freaks! You're almost as bad at that pathetic human. Just look at you. This planet ruins everything. Well, (chuckles) except for me.

(Peridot) We should go back to the temple and grab reinforcements.

(Steven) No, it ends now.

He started sneaking up on Jasper. His impatience got the best of him again.

(Peridot) STEVEN! GET BACK HERE! SHE'LL RIP YOU APART!

Steven didn't listen as he contiued to silently approaching Jasper.

(Jasper) I'll never let this planet twist me like it twisted you.

She spoke to the monster again.

(Jasper) Your weakness embarrasses Homeworld. You suffer because it's what you deserve. We all only get what we deserve.

Steven got closer.

(Jasper) Right, Steven?

She quickly turned around and grabbed him.

(Jasper) I figured you'd find me sooner or later. I counted on it. You have armor now? You must be scared of what I could do to you. You'd make a good soldier but your cause is flawed. This planet is a disgrace to everything in the galaxy.

(Peridot) (distant) This planet isn't all that bad.

Jasper saw Peridot.

(Jasper) What are you doing here?

(Peridot) I... I'm a Crystal Gem now!

Jasper scoffed and tossed Steven forward and activated her helmet.

(Jasper) Whatever, I'll shatter you when I'm through with him.

(Steven) Over my dead body.

(Jasper) That's the plan.

(Peridot) I... I'm not afraid of you!

Steven and Jasper were about to fight.

(Peridot) Oh, stars! Steven's a goner.

Steven charged, ducked Jasper's punch before he jumped up and gave her a roundhouse kick. She stomped the ground very brutally to get Steven to lose his balence. When he did, she quickly grabbed him and held him up in the air with her left hand and was about to send him flying back with her right hand.

Steven caught the punch with his left hand, hit Jasper's face with his knee which disoriented her, her grip loosened and Steven did a backflip off her left knee to get away from her. She threw heavy punches at him to hurt him but he can only back away to avoid being hit. After he dodged her next punch, he tried getting behind her so he can trip her but she remembers what happened last time so she countered it.

(Jasper) Ha!

She grabbed his throat. Her other hand grabbed his ankles and lifts him in the air. She was going to rip him to pieces, like Peridot predicted.

(Peridot) STEVEN!

Steven quickly reacted by giving her a hard punch at her visor to drop him. He landed on his feet and had a hold of her wrist. So, he used the momentum and his strength to flip her.

(Jasper) (grunts)

(Peridot) Oh, thank the stars!

Jasper got up. At this moment, she knows that fighting Steven head-on wasn't getting her anywhere so she retreats to one of the cells.

(Jasper) I will not be beaten this time!

She forced the monster to fuse with her. Steven quickly started thinking of ways to defeat this monstrosity while it's fusion was being created since a fist fight won't work. The mosnter started getting close to him, wanting to squish him.

While Steven tried to brainstorm, he avoid being grabbed by the monster. After a few dodges, his brainstorming was quickly halted when the monster suddenly unfused.

(Jasper) We can beat him if we stay together!

The corrupted gem got out of her reach and ran away. Jasper didn't have anything now.

(Jasper) Nobody I fuse with ever wants to stay...

(Steven) And for a good reason.

He approached her.

(Steven) You're toxic. So toxic, that the real monsters run away in terror.

She laughed a little, she knew he was right. Steven didn't get too close since she's still dangerous. He noticed something on her arm, it looked like spikes were growing out of it.

(Peridot) (distant) Ew, that's disgusting!

(Steven) It's corruption.

Steven still had an emergency healing water on him. He knew it can't work on already-corrupted gems but maybe it can stop the transformation.

(Steven) Jasper, you're becoming a monster. Let me heal you.

(Jasper) Pfft, why would you help me?

He got closer with a vial of the healing water. She attacked him, causing him to fall over and broke the vial.

(Peridot) (distant) STEVEN!

If Steven didn't have his armor on, he'd probably have huge slash marks on his stomach.

(Steven) You just ruined your one and only chance to not be corrupted!

(Jasper) I don't think you were going to heal me. I think you were going to refuse it right in my face because you hate me! I would've done the same.

(Steven) I do hate you but I wasn't going to do that. I was going to heal you because it's the right thing to do.

(Jasper) "The right thing to do"?! (Laughs) How naive are you?! You think you know right and wrong?! If you'd known anything that's "right", you'd known by now that the Crystal Gems are WRONG!

She slammed her corrupted fist into the ground. Peridot got closer to Steven but quickly hides behind him when she saw the corruption spreading.

(Jasper) Earth is a prison. I got out because I'm better than this place. I only came back to finish Rose Quartz and her crusade. I've been fighting from the second I broke free of the Earth's crust because of what SHE did to my colony, because of what SHE did to my planet, because of what SHE did to MY DIAMOND!

(Steven) Yellow Diamond?

(Jasper) (stammers) MY DIAMOND! HER DIAMOND! PINK DIAMOND!!!

She let out a blood curdling scream before the corruption was complete. The corrupted Jasper charged at Steven and Peridot. Peridot instinctively held up her arms and something happened.

A broken injector leg impaled the corrupted Jasper and she poofed.

(Peridot) I... did that?

Steven walked over to the gemstone and picked it up. He pocketed it. Peridot attemepted to do what she did again and the injector leg was floating.

(Peridot) Whoa, I can manipulate metal!

(Steven) That's a useful feature. I didn't know you can do that.

(Peridot) Neither did I...

(Steven) Let's get Jasper back to the gems so they can bubble her before she reforms.

(Peridot) Okay.

Back at the Barn

Steven used the sequencer to warp them back.

(Peridot) I can't believe I just did that! Did you see it?

(Steven) Yes, Peridot, for the 5th time.

(Peridot) I'm sorry, I'm just so excited that I have metal powers! I'm like the others.

They both stopped in their tracks when they saw something. It was Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and Lapis but that's not what nade them stop, it was the five rubies trapped inside water bubbles made by Lapis.

(Steven) I think those are those rubies we saw last week.

(Lapis) They showed up on their little ship acting very angry, so I put them in time-out.

(Garnet) Let's release one and just ask what they're up to.

(Steven) That one.

Lapis released the one he pointed.

(Steven) What are you and your crew doing here?

(Leggy) Uh... I don't know? I'll just go over here then.

Steven pointed at the next one.

(Steven) Why are you here?

(Army) I'll tear you limb--

She charged but Garnet grabbed her before she tackled Steven.

(Garnet) Hey, don't be like that.

(Army) (angry muttering)

(Garnet) Aw.

She held the angry ruby in her arm.

(Garnet) Next.

The next gem released from the bubble.

(Navy) If I remember correctly, we were on Earth... uh, oh this is so embarrassing...

She went to stand next to Leggy. Next gem.

(Eyeball) I'm not telling y'all nothing about nothing!

(Steven) Go sit over there, I figure out what to do with you in a minute.

The last gem.

(Doc) Where's Jasper?! Last time we came, you said, "She's on Neptune," so we looked and she wasn't there! She wasn't on Neptune or any other planet in this whole dang solar system! Tell us where she is right now.

(Steven) One moment.

Steven got Garnet and Pearl to see him for a moment after Garnet let the ruby go from her army.

(Pearl) What is it?

(Steven) I know where Jasper is.

(Garnet) Where?

He showed them her gemstone.

(Pearl) Okay, just give her to them and they'll leave.

(Steven) I can't do that.

(Pearl) Why?

(Steven) She's been corrupted.

(Pearl & Garnet) What?!

(Steven) Long story. I'll explain later. Point is, we can't give her to them

Garnet bubbled Jasper and sent it to the Temple.

(Amethyst) Hey!

They turned to Amethyst who shapeshifted into Jasper.

(Amethyst) (blows hair out of face) I'm right here.

(Pearl) Is she serious? There's no way that--

(Eyeball) Look! It's Jasper!

The rubies cheered.

(Eyeball) Jasper! I'm Ruby 1F4-Cut-4ND. I fought in the war for Earth.

(Amethyst) Uh, at ease.

(Eyeball) I was on the ground in Facet 6 when I heard about the tale of the Facet 9 Kindergarten Quartz that could. They said you popped out of the ground with your helmet on and took out 80 Crystal Gems before the sun went down. When I found out about this mission was to look for you, I nearly dissipated my form! It is an honor to finally meet you.

(Amethyst) Yep! That's me. Always huge, never small, all the-- all the time since I was made!

(Eyeball) What a minute. You look different than I thought you would.

(Pearl) Oh, here it is.

(Amethyst) Oh, you must mean my tan-- you know, from the sun.

(Eyeball) Stupid Earth sun! I hate this planet!

(Amethyst) Curse this planet!

Everyone else, including Steven, face palmed. Those rubies are so dumb.

(Doc) Well, it's a good thing we finally found you. Yellow Diamond is awaiting your return. We'll take you back to Homeworld right away.

(Amethyst) No! I mean-- (clears throat)  I, Jasper, have decided to stay on Earth.

(Doc) What?! Why?!

(Amethyst) I have to stay here with these guys. Yep, gotta keep 'em prisoner for the diamonds.

(Doc) Well, Yellow would definitely want to know about this. You'll have to file a report at the nearest Diamond Base.

While the other rubies were trying to find out where, their leader pointed it out.

(Doc) You dummies! It's there!

She pointed at the moon

(Amethyst) I gotta hold this all the way to the moon?! Uh, hold this. Hold these prisoners. Gotta bring the rebel prisoners if we're going to the moon. Can't leave them here unsupervised.

(Doc) Very well. To the ship!

They went to the ship with "Jasper" and the others behind them.

(Pearl) What are you doing? This isn't going to work.

(Garnet) You can't hold that form forever.

(Amethyst) I can do this. We'll go to the moon, come back, and they'll leave us alone. Just play along.

Steven, Pearl, and Garnet were going to the ship.

(Amethyst) Hey, you guys wanna be prisoners, too?

(Lapis) Not really.

(Amethyst) All right. Just checking.

They got in the ship.

(Doc) Hey, why is that human with us?

(Amethyst) Oh, uh, he could be a potential informant. Couldn't risk him runnin' loose.

(Doc) Hmm, a wise decision.

Steven, Pearl, and Garnet have sat down while "Jasper" watched them.

At the Moon Base.

(Eyeball) Look at this place, frozen in time. An Era-1 Base, her Era-1 Base. It was a tragedy, what happened to her.

(Leggy) Who was that, anyway?

(Eyeball) Were you made yesterday?! That is Pink Diamond. Jasper, maybe it's best if you explain.

(Amethyst) What, me? No. No, you do it. I'm, like, too messed up about it.

(Eyeball) I understand. She was your original Diamond.

Pearl and Garnet were uneasy and Steven could see it on their faces. Why were they like that and what happened to Pink Diamond? They told him that Rose Quartz made Pink Diamond retreat to Homeworld after taking over her colony but they never brought it up again.

They went up the stairs, as Eyeball explained.

(Eyeball) Earth was Pink Diamond's colony. Everything was going smoothly at first. Kindergartens were incubating their first soldiers, big, warm pieces of quartzs, like Jasper, were created from its rich minerals with great success. Then, bam! One of Pink Diamond's very own quartz soldiers started a rebellion and took it too far. Where were you when it happened?

(Amethyst) Oh, you know, around.

(Eyeball) I was there. I saw it with my own eye. I watched the leader of the Crystal Gems, Rose Quartz, shatter Pink Diamond!

(Steven) Shattered?

They lied to him. Steven grabbed Pearl's arm and moved her to him so he can talk to her.

(Steven) When we're done with this, we need to talk.

He lets her go and continued walking. Then, Doc saw a problem.

(Doc) The panel is broken. The communicator is gone! There's no way to contact Yellow Diamond from this hub. We'll have to take you to Homeworld to file a report in person.

(Amethyst) I can't. I can't go. You know what? You know me, do me a favor and go back home and file the report for me. I'm trusting you, soldier.

(Eyeball) Wow. Of course.

(Doc) That settles it. All right, rubies, back to the ship!

The rubies went back to their ship and when they closed the door, Amethyst shapeshifted back to normal.

(Steven) Good work, Amethyst.

(Garnet) You really held it together.

(Pearl) You did it.

Steven stopped praising Amethyst as he was looking at the picture of Pink Diamond. Before they could explain why they lied to Steven, the door of the roaming eye opens.

(Doc) Hey, you need a ride back to Earth? What the--?! We've been tricked again?! Rubies assemble!

They formed into a giant ruby.

(Mega Ruby) We won't let you trick us again!

(Steven) Rubies!

The giant ruby turned around.

(Steven) If you're going to fight, take it outside.

He hit the panel to open the door. The giant still held on.

(Mega Ruby) You can't get rid of us that easy!

A light illuminated in front of them. It was Sardonyx. She hit Mega Ruby and she unfused. Unfortunately, one of the rubies grabbed on to Steven and took him with them.

Sardonyx unfused from the shock.

(Crystal Gems) STEVEN!

Steven was too far for them to grab him and pull him back in the Moon Base. Steven had held in his breath and closed his eyes to avoid having them frozen and suffocate. Fortunately, Steven was prepared for this.

Yesterday, Bismuth added a buttom on the suit that'll activate a helmet to protect Steven from space since he's a human and needs oxygen. Steven quickly pressed the button and let go of his breath. Even though he was fine, when he got sucked out, he lost most of his oxygen before he held it in and activated helmet.

He was exhausted.

(Steven) (panting)

His body temperature was fine, the suit protected him from the vaccum of space and it's cold clutches. He passed out from the lack of oxygen.

Later

Steven's eye tried opening but it's too bright from him to see. As his vision started to clear, he saw Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst over him, anxious. His hearing started to come back, too.

(Pearl & Amethyst) Steven!

They hugged him, tears flowing down their faces.

(Steven) What... happened?

Garnet took off her visor.

(Garnet) You got sucked out into space. We thought we lost you. We used to roaming eye to see if we could find you... and we did.

She was softly crying.

(Amethyst) (sniffles) We thought you died...

(Pearl) We feared (sniffs) you would be dead when we saw you. But you had the helmet on so we hoped you were still alive.

Steven gently pushed them off of him and he stood up. He noticed some ice was on the suit, probably from being out in space and tears were on his chestplate, most likely from the gems.

(Steven) Why did you all lie to me about Pink Diamond?

(Garnet) We didn't think you would be interested in the truth, yet. When you asked before, we weren't ready to tell you.

(Steven) Is what the ruby said true?

(Garnet) Unfortunately, yes. The Earth belonged to Pink Diamond. Destroying her was the only way to save the planet. For Amethyst to be herself, for Pearl to be free, and for me to be together. We're sorry we lied to you, you deserved to know.

Steven was rethinking his decision to even continue fighting for the war. Sure, he can quit anytime but he never had a reason to and he doesn't have much of a life if he does quit. But if theres going to be tough decisions like that as obstacles, he doesn't know if he would do it.

He was going to his absolute best to not shatter a gem, even if he hates them. It wouldn't feel right for him and it isn't right in the first place. Rose  did it for the greater good but was it worth it?

Homeworld hasn't left the planet alone and has continued to destroy it. If Rose hadn't shattered Pink Diamond, Earth would be a colony. It's all dark and twisted that it makes Steven feel sick.

He wouldn't let it get to him. He was going to be more cautious from now on, never jumps to any conclusions until he gets the full story. This paranoia could get him into trouble but he can't help it now.

He just hopes that Rose's choice was worth it.

End of Chapter 25

Chapter 26: Space Prison

3rd Person P.O.V.

I'm so sorry...

I shouldn't have left you here...

If only you were ready...

If I knew how to fix you, I would...

But I can't...

(Greg) Steven?

Steven was awake.

(Greg) You okay, bud? You fell asleep during the movie. I was gonna let you sleep, you looked peaceful, but then you started crying, and that was less peaceful.

Steven took his hands to his face and felt tears, why was he crying and what was that dream he saw? It wasn't like anything he seen before.

(Steven) I'm fine. My dream wasn't really anything, I don't even know what it was.

(Greg) Okay, but are you sure you're okay?

(Steven) Yes, I'm fine.

(Greg) Alright.

Later

Steven was asleep on his bed, waiting for morning to rise.

Why did it happen?

Why couldn't it be me instead?

I wish things were different...

Steven woke up, tears streaming down his face. Why was he crying? He quickly wiped the tears away to make sure no one else sees them.

10 Minutes later

Steven borrowed a book from the Library. "Buddy Budwick's Journal". A historical book about the various locations that were here before Beach City was built.

Steven flipped through some pages as they were gem places and he had already seen them before. He then stopped at The Palanquin. It matches the Pink Palanquin he saw in his dreams.

This has to mean something if he keeps seeing it. The gems came back from the Warp Pad and Amethyst hopped in front of him.

(Amethyst) Whatcha looking at, Steven?

(Steven) Do you know what this is?

(Amethyst) Hmm, no clue.

(Pearl) Let me see.

Pearl saw what he was looking at.

(Pearl) It appears to be an illustration on a journal.

(Steven) ...I noticed... What is the illustration?

(Garnet) You can't go there!

...

(Steven) Why not?

(Amethyst) Yeah, why not?

Garnet didn't respond.

(Steven) I thought you said you were going to be honest with me, like you said two weeks ago. Does this have to do with Pink Diamond? I know she was shattered by Rose Quartz, what is it about this that you can't tell me?

(Garnet) Please, you're making Pearl very upset. We're not going. Rose never wanted you to see this place.

(Steven) Does that override what I want? I'm tired of you lying to me! If you not going to help, I'll do it myself.

He went outside, his armor is in his father's van inside a suitcase. He was reading more about The Palanquin and it's location.

(Garnet) Steven, don't go. You have to trust me.

He didn't respond.

(Garnet) I know you're angry, you have the right to be but please don't go. The reason why you can't go is because... I can't go with you and neither can Pearl or Amethyst...

Steven turned around.

(Steven) Why is that?

Garnet looked embarrassed.

(Garnet) I'm scared... Steven, you're braver than me and part of that is because you don't know what's over there.

She took off her visor.

(Garnet) Please, stay here... for me.

She gave him a sympathetic look with her three eyes.

(Steven) I won't.

Her eyes changed to a disappointed look.

(Garnet) I know...

She knew she had lost him. One thing that gets on Steven's nerves is lairs, and boy did he hate them. He went to his father's van to get his armor and to talk to him.

(Greg) (yawns) Good morning, Steven. Did you come here to get your armor? 'Cause you left it here last night.

(Steven) Yes, but I also wanted to ask you something. Remember when we discussed about me getting a car?

(Greg) Oh, boy. I should've seen this coming when you got your license last week (Steven got his license in the canon series when he was 16, so I went with that in this AU).

(Steven) Is that a yes?

(Greg) Well, you showed promise. Ah, what the heck, I'm rich so I can definitely buy you a car.

3 days later

Steven now has reached the location. It was a long drive but it doesn't matter now. As Steven was getting closer, he felt the urge to cry, not like sobbing but more like letting tears down his face.

He resisted the urge, something was makng him do that. He found the Palanquin but it was different. It was blue and fixed.

Oh, Pink. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

That sounded like it was in his head. Steven followed the voice to an familiar area. This was what he saw in his dreams.

He saw two figures, they both were kneeling. One of them had some sort of a blue ballerina dress and the other was wearing a blud hood over their body. These were gems.

I should have done more. Yellow says it'll all be over soon.

Even though he can see where the voice is coming from, he still hears it inside his head. The two gems were at a similar height, much like Steven's height.

I wonder what you would think.

This is your planet, after all.

I still think it is.

Steven unintentionally fell on his knees as his emotions were overwhelming him. He fought hard to keep his tears from falling out.

What are you doing over there?

(Blue Pearl) I thought I heard someone. I think we're not alone.

Steven was spotted.

Pearl?

(Blue Pearl) My Diamond, I've found a native.

Bring it here.

Steven got up and followed the pearl.

How curious. I'm impressed by humanity's ability to survive in the wild. What a strange planet. Where else would a being as fragile as a human live, while a being as powerful as a Diamond perish?

This is where it happened... where she was broken.

(Steven) Were you close?

(Blue Diamond) Very.

Steven showed her compassion as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

(Steven) I'm sorry. I know it's hard to move on when you've lost someone you care about.

She looked over her shoulder and he took his hand off her.

(Blue Diamond) You do?

Steven took a moment before speaking,

(Steven) I lost two... I miss them everyday and I think about them all the time. But they're not coming back. That feeling is hard to overcome.

(Blue Diamond) How did you do it?

(Steven) I never did...

(Blue Diamond) I'm surprised that a human being is capable of understanding how I feel. It's a shame. There's a geo-weapon incubating in your planet that will destroy everything shortly.

Unknown to her, Steven destroyed the Cluster before it did any harm. She stood up.

(Blue Diamond) But you don't deserve that, do you?

(Steven) None of us do.

(Blue Diamond) You know, I really shouldn't be here, but I'm glad I came back one last time.

She was getting close to Steven.

(Blue Diamond) I can save one last piece of her legacy.

She held her hand out pointing towards Steven. This confused him until some blue gas sprayed out of her sleeves and directly to his face.

(Steven) (coughing)

He fell on his knees and was passing out.

Bring him to the ship.

He fully was knocked out.

Don't worry about a thing, you'll be safe soon.

I'm adding one last human in this place. This one is special to me.

(Steven) (groans)

He wakes up on a conveyer belt. He still had his armor on. He checked to see if they emptied his pockets. They didn't, good.

Then, these blue cylinders that look like Peridot's limb enhancers were coming towards Steven. It took his picture, checked his temperature, and felt any facial features. Then, it tried taking his armor off but failed when Steven roughly grabbed it and crushed it with his fist.

Now, he was at the end of the conveyer belt. Steven braced for what he was about to face next. Water.

Water washing him to some sort of an shore. It looked like an island but it wasn't. Steven looked around at the environment and saw that it was a giant habitat of an island.

Like a zoo enclosure. He walked to the "island" to see if theres anyone else here.

(Wy-Six) (gasp) A human! Friends! Come! Look!

(Jay-Ten) This one looks different than the rest of us.

More of these strange people were showing up and surrounding Steven.

(Human) Whoa, he has fancy clothes!

(Human) Is it a human? It doesn't look like one of us.

(Human) Where did he come from?

(Steven) Hello?

(Humans) Hello!

(Steven) What is this place?

Voice: Greetings everyone. It's time to start the daily routine.

Everyone but Steven heard that. Steven only heard some but he can tell that it came from those purple ear rings. Luckily, he destroyed the machines or else he would've had one and he would not want that.

As everyone went to do their routine, Steven was looking for an exit. A door has to be here if he were to escape. The sequencer is in his pocket and he would definitely use it on a door.

Fortunately, Peridot taught him how to use it against gem tech. Steven's prayers have been answered when he found a door. He grabbed the sequencer and was using it.

He hacked into the door panel, it was easy since these place isn't upgraded like Homeworld, someone should really update their security. He opened the door for him to step out and then he closed it behind him. He was free, but not out of the woods yet.

He found a bunch of amethysts, they were bigger than the Amethyst he knew. Some were small like her and some were skinny. These gems must have been from Earth.

They were horsing around.

(Holly Blue) What are you all doing in here?! Get to your stations! Even you hideous off-color betas! Get out of your cubbies and into your places! It's the least you can do for the Diamond that kept your worthless, sorry gems in service! That's right, Blue is back! Now go pretend your filthy vein of Quartz is capable of graditude! Go! Go! Go!

He saw the amethysts running out the room with the blue gem behind them. Steven waited for them to leave so he can leave after them to avoid being caught. He found himself in a pink room with bubbles on the ceiling, pink bubbles.

He felt a familiar presence going through him, he knew what it is. He hid behind a pillar. The door opened,

(Blue Diamond) Pearl, close the door.

She stepped in the middle of the room and kneeled, taking off her hood. The door opens again.

(Yellow Diamond) Please tell me you're joking. You only just left, and you're already back?

(Blue Diamond) Yellow! W-what wre you doing here?

(Yellow Diamond) I'm here to bring you back to reality, Blue.

(Blue Diamond) I'm fine. Just leave me alone.

(Yellow Diamond) It's been thousands of years, Blue, and you still can't bring yourself to destroy these gems? She was shattered by a Rose Quartz! The entire cut of gem deserves the same fate!

(Blue Diamond) But there were hers.

(Yellow Diamond) They should be wiped out of existence, not kept safe in bubbles!

(Blue Diamond) Yellow, she made them. This is all we have left of her; these gems, this place, and the Earth.

(Yellow Diamond) I thought we agreed we need to put that planet and this whole debacle behind us.

(Blue Diamond) Why can't you just let me grieve?

(Yellow Diamond) You can't keep coming here forever!

(Blue Diamond) Why not?

(Yellow Diamond) Because you need to get over this.

(Blue Diamond) Why is it that a human can understand my pain but you can't?

(Yellow Diamond) It's not that I don't understand, it's about facing reality. You think I don't miss her, too? We all miss her, me, you, and White.

(Blue Diamond) But I want her back...

(Yellow Diamond) We all do. But it's not possible. She's been shattered, and no gem can come back from that. You've grieved for a long time, it's time for you to let go and put it in the past.

(Blue Diamond) But what about the huamns? They're nice creatures.

(Yellow Diamond) They're animals. Humanity is about to be extinct when the Cluster emerges. You might as well finish the rest off.

(Blue Diamond) But I can't... One of them is so nice and understanding...

(Yellow Diamond) If you won't do it, then I will.

(Blue Diamond) No!

She stood up.

(Blue Diamond) You will leave them alone!

(Yellow Diamond) Blue, what use are they to us? What can they do?

(Blue Diamond) I... I don't know.

(Yellow Diamond) Exactly my point. They are a waste of space.

(Blue Diamond) Just please leave them alone. You can destroy the Earth but please leave this place alone. This is all that's left of her legacy.

(Yellow Diamond) (sighs) I'll think about it.

She left, Blue eventually left, too. Steven left the room. He was going to the exit, hoping to find a ship back to Earth.

A few amethysts caught him.

(Prime Amethyst) Hey, a human!

(Prime Amethyst) Get it! Don't let it escape!

Steven didn't worry much as they were easy to defeat. They had little to no experience in combat whatsoever which made them vulnerable to any attack Steven delivers to them. Steven plowed through any amethyst that stood in his way and eventually found Holly Blue at the exit.

(Holly Blue) A human? Escaping? Ugh, those amethysts couldn't do anything right to save their gem. I have to do everything myself.

Steven quickly grabbed her and lifts her in the air with one arm.

(Steven) Where can I find a ship to leave?

(Holly Blue) I'm not telling you anything!

(Steven) I suggest you reconsider.

(Holly Blue) And why is that?

(Steven) Since Yellow and Blue are here, I can bring you to them and show them that a human was able to escape the zoo under your watch.

He threatened.

(Steven) So, tell me where I can find a ship, NOW!

He shouted.

(Holly Blue) O-okay, okay, there is a spare roaming eye to use. Now, please don't take me to the diamonds!

(Steven) Thank you.

He dropped her. He found the roaming eye she spoke off and used to the sequencer to operate it and take him back to Earth.

Back on Earth

Steven lands on the sand in front of the Temple. When he got out of the roaming eye, Garnet quickly rushes to him.

(Garnet) Steven, I'm-I'm sorry!

(Steven) What?

(Garnet) I saw Blue Diamond kidnap you and I was too scared to stop her! I'm sorry I didn't save you!

She hugged him.

(Garnet) I wanted to stop her, I really did, but I--

(Steven) Garnet.

She stopped and Steven pushes her off him.

(Steven) It's fine. I made it.

(Garnet) It's not fine. You could've died or been gone forever and it would've been my fault!

(Steven) But I didn't. No need to dwell on it anymore. It's done and over with.

(Garnet) Steven... I'm sorry.

(Steven) I know.

End of Chapter 26

Chapter 27: Sacrifices

3rd Person P.O.V.

This last week has been getting out of control! First, the corrupted gems that Jasper contained has escaped their cells before the others got to them to bubble them. Next, a ruby from that squad that Amethyst fooled as Jasper came back to Earth falling from space and took their roaming eye back.

And finally, people have been missing and the count gets higher each day. The only benefits Steven and the gems had was Steven brought a spare roaming eye from the Human Zoo, and they caught a couple of the corrupted gems. This certainly wasn't their week.

Steven spent every day doing one out of the two, looking for the missing people or looking for the corrupted gems. Today, he was looking for the missing people while the gems looked for the corrupted gems.

A few hours later

It would be dark soon, Steven hasn't made any progress at all, this was infuriating. Luckily, the gems have rounded up all corrupted gems so that's a win, at least. They helped Steven looked further but still no progress has been made.

They are currently checking the boardwalk. They looked about everything and was about to give up but then they heard heavy footsteps. Steven was near it and quickly gone into hiding while the gems did the same.

Steven and the gems were hiding behind a stand while they saw two figures walking around. One of them was small and had wings to fly with a bow on it's head and the other... had a disturbing appearance. It had peoples heads, arms, and legs sticking out of it's body.

Those are the mission and those are gems.

(Pearl) An Aquamarine and Topaz fusion? Yellow and Blue Diamond must've sent them personally, but why?

(Steven) My guess is that they're collecting the people for the zoo. We can't let them get away.

Steven got out of hiding and was sneaking up on the gems. The Crystal Gems were right behind him. The element of surprise would be a huge advantage.

Unfortunately, they turned around and the Topaz pushed Steven back and forced him to collide into the gems.

(Aquamarine) Look, Topaz, it's those rogue gems and they bought us a human!

(Steven) Let them go!

(Aquamarine) Oh, I don't think so. I was specifically told to bring as much humans I can to the Zoo before this planet dies. So I gotta round up as much meat sacks as I can.

Steven tried attacking but Aquamarine used her bow to make a wand and used it stop Steven in place and throw him back. His armor broke the fall but it still hurt, nonetheless.

(Steven) You guys handle Aquamarine, I'll deal with Topaz.

They nod in agreement and fought Aquamarine while Steven was battling Topaz. It was hard since every time he attacked, he almost hits a hostage but stops himself in time before he hurts them but Topaz took advantage of that and hits him. Steven was trying to figure out where he can hit Topaz without hurting anyone.

The gems on the fusion was at both sides of her head, they looked like earmuffs. Steven knew what to do now. He ran up to the fusion, dodged a punch, and hit both sides of her head with his hands.

Steven knew how sensitive a gem is on a gem's form which is why he hits it but he doesn't put much force into it because if he did, he could crack and possibly shatter a gem, which is not what he wants. Topaz grips her gems in pain while Stevens a direct punch to her face which made her stumble backwards. Steven can't just keep attacking her face forever, she'll eventually counter his moves.

Topaz grabs a weapon from her gem. A pole with big spheres on the end of them. She attacks Steven but he blocks by holding his arms at his head, since he doesn't have a helmet. The attack pushed Steven back, dragging his feet at the ground but standing his ground.

Steven needs to find a way to free those people because otherwise, he will lose the fight. Steven saw a broken, sharp metal pole behind Topaz. He found his solution.

Steven, very quickly, ran, hopped over Topaz, grabbed the sharp pole, impaled Topaz without hurting the people and the fusion broke up. The people inside the Topaz was free.

(Steven) Run, go!

They ran away, one of the Topaz gems tried to grab some but Steven stopped them.

(Aquamarine) No! The humans!

They were gone.

(Aquamarine) No, worries. We'll just get them back after we deal with this issue.

Steven was now fighting the two Topaz gems. He punched one and kicked the other one. This was getting hard because they keep coming back and Steven can hardly keep up with fighting one at a time.

He resolved the issue by grabbed one of them and throwing them at Aquamarine so he can fight the other one. Unfortunately, Aquamarine grabbed the Topaz using her wand and threw the Topaz back at Steven. Steven evaded to the side but that gave the other Topaz an opportunity to punch him and she took it.

While Steven was trying to get up, one Topaz got behind him and gave him a bear hug while the other one was walking towards them, they were going to capture him into a fusion. They almost fused but Steven denied it by kicking the Topaz in front of him with both of this legs, full force which made her back up drastically. He hits the other one with the back of his head to make her let him go and he swept her legs and made her took a big fall.

Everything seemed fine until Aquamarine used her wand to freeze everyone but Topaz.

(Aquamarine) Enough!

The Topazs fused again.

(Aquamarine) I'm not going back empty handed. I guess the Diamonds would settle for rogue gems than humans.

She lets everyone go and flies back to Topaz.

(Steven) Wait!

(Aquamarine) What?

(Steven) It's not them you want, it's me.

(Aquamarine) Huh?

(Crystal Gems) What?

(Steven) I'm a informant of Rose Quartz and I know where she is, the others don't. I'll surrender if you leave the gems alone.

(Garnet) Steven, what are--

(Aquamarine) An informant you say? Someone who knows where Rose Quartz is, the wanted gem for shattering Pink Diamond?

(Steven) Yes.

(Aquamarine) Ooh! The Diamonds will definitely want that! Okay, we'll leave those gems alone. Come with us!

He held his hands in the air, an act of surrendering. The Topaz grabbed the back of his neck and forced him to move along with Aquamarine and herself.

(Amethyst) Steven stop!

(Garnet) Steven, get back here!

(Pearl) Steven!

Steven could escape from that hold he was placed in but he wasn't because that would put him and the gems at risk of being captured. He only gave himself up so they would leave. He lied about Rose's whereabouts, he only made it sound interesting for the Aquamarine.

The gems continued yelling for him to stop whatever he's doing but he doesn't listen. He was taken into the ship and it blasted out of the atmosphere and in space.

(Aquamarine) Okay, so since you surrendered so nice and peacefully, you can be put in here.

The Topaz tossed him into a cell and have a destabilizer force field blocking his exit, perfect. Steven's plan was to improvise at that point. His objective is to escape the ship and get back to Earth but how?

His cell was easy to escape since the Aquamarine and Topaz aren't aware that humans aren't affected by destabilization. Steven looked around to see anyway to escape. He saw an escape pod, that was his ticket out of here.

If he gets caught escaping, the Aquamarine will just come back to get him and possibly the others as well. Steven had to be discreet about this. He silently escaped the cell and made sure the gems weren't paying attenion to him.

He carefully got down and sneaked to the escape pod and got out the sequencer to activate it. He hacked it opened and got inside to use the radar to fire towards Earth. He quickly check to see if Aquamarine or Topaz noiced him gone, they didn't.

He made sure the pod was silent because activating it. It fired and he shot off towards Earth. He landed on the beach. He kicked the hatch off so he can get out of there.

Now that he was back on Earth, the gems must be worried about what is happening to him. He went back to the Temple to wait for them to come back so he can surpirse them. He sits on the couch, armor still on, waiting for them to show up.

The door opens, Pearl with her hands in her hair, Garnet with her visor off, Amethyst with tears down her face.

(Amethyst) Stevens gone! He's actually gone this time!

(Pearl) Why did he do this? He doesn't actually know where Rose is. The Diamonds would kill him!

(Garnet) Especially Blue Diamond...

(Steven) Not when I'm right here.

They all quickly turned to where they heard his voice and they were just in shock. He just gets kidnapped again and shows up again in the same day. At this point, he should be called "Houdini".

(Crystal Gems) Steven!

They rushed to him, Garnet picks up into a hug with Pearl and Amethyst hugging him as well.

(Steven) I wasn't gone that long.

They were really glad that he was back and wasn't gone.

(Steven) Okay, you can let me go now.

They didn't intend on letting go. Eventually, they let go.

(Amethyst) Why did you give yourself up?

(Steven) It was too difficult to fight them. It was better to deceive them and sneak away. It was quite easy to get away, really.

(Pearl) Well, (chuckles) the sacrifice you made was very noble of you.

(Amethyst) Yeah, I don't think I woulda done it.

(Garnet) Steven, you didn't have to do that.

(Steven) It was better than the alternatives.

(Garnet) Maybe.

Everything was back to normal again... for now.

End of Chapter 27

Chapter 28: Identity

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven is checking on Peridot and Lapis, they haven't been seen for the past week so Steven was making sure they're alright and to explain to them what happened yesterday. He hasn't seen Peridot or Lapis since he had defeated Jasper and deceived the rubies and that was two weeks ago. He made it to the Barn and saw Peridot and Lapis watching their favorite VHS.

(Peridot & Lapis) Steven!

They both jump down to talk to him.

(Lapis) Steven, it's good to see you. Where have you been?

(Peridot) Yeah, last time we saw you, you were going to the moon. How was that, by the way?

(Steven) The moon mission turned out okay. A little while after that, I was kidnapped by Blue Diamond, then I returned to Earth on the same day. I got kidnapped again yesterday by a Aquamarine and a Topaz fusion.

(Peridot & Lapis) What?!

(Peridot) Wait a minute, Blue Diamond was here?

(Lapis) And she kidnapped you?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) Where did she take you?

(Steven) The Human Zoo.

(Lapis) Oh, stars...

(Peridot) And you were recently taken by a Aquamarine and Topaz fusion?

(Steven) Yes.

(Lapis) We need to leave. Now!

(Peridot) We can't leave! What about all our crops?

(Lapis) The vegetables will have to deal, besides, we don't need to eat.

(Steven) Hold on, why are you leaving?

(Lapis) Steven, you just broken so many Homeworld laws. That Aquamarine and Topaz are Yellow and Blue Diamond's personal guard. What was their objective?

(Steven) At first, it was to collect more humans for the Zoo. But I stopped them and they were going to take us instead but I gave myself up as a informant of the location of Rose Quartz and they were going to "escort" me to the Diamonds for interrogation.

(Lapis) Do you have any idea what trouble you just created?! When they get back to Homeworld without you, they'll inform the Diamonds and they'll send in more troops to get you! Heck, they might come in themselves personally, and shatter all of us! War is coming!

(Steven) Then we'll fight. This is what the rebellion is for.

(Lapis) I'm not going to get caught up in another war. I won't do it!

(Steven) You don't have to get involved. You can just hide in the barn.

(Lapis) Steven, have you lost your mind?! Homeworld outnumbers all of us by billions. Once they dealt with you and the others, they'll conquer the planet and destroy it. This whole planet is a target!

(Steven) Lapis--

(Lapis) No! I'm not going to be here when it happens...

She get to the barn entrance.

(Lapis) Peridot, come on.

(Peridot) Uh... Lapis...

(Lapis) What?

(Peridot) I... I agree with Steven.

(Lapis) What?

(Peridot) What he's saying makes sense. The Crystal Gems was formed to rid Homeworld of it's tyranny. Yeah there's going to be war and the possibility of us winning is low, but not impossible. Think of the good that could happen if we win. Our chances of succeeding are higher when we have more gems to help us. There's Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet, Steven, Me, Bismuth, and you. Seven of us vs Homeworld. I know it's far fetched but, we live on on this planet and we like it more than what Homeworld was. Doesn't that mean we should fight for it?

(Lapis) (sighs) I do like this planet, but I don't want to be here if war is going to happen.

(Peridot) I understand. War is destructive and chaotic. It's traumatizing for some individuals. But we have to do it because it's right.

(Lapis) No. We don't have to get involved. It's easier said than done, Peridot. What are we going to do if Homeworld brings all of their troops with the Diamonds behind them? What if the Diamonds uses their powers against us? What are we going to do?

(Peridot) I... I don't know.

(Lapis) Exactly. It's better to leave than to get involved in a futile attempt to delay the inevitable.

She uses her water powers to make the water flow from the pipes inside the barn to scoop it up and carry it. Then, she took off from it. Peridot was speechless.

She fell on her knees, with slight tears streaming down her face.

(Steven) I'm sorry...

He walks up behind her.

(Steven) Come on.

She wasn't moving, she was still shocked. Steven picks up the small gem and carrys her over his shoulder as he was taking her to the Temple.

At the Temple

Steven got Peridot settling in his bathroom. She was sleeping in the tub. Luckily, Steven already took a shower beforehand and his dad has a bathroom at the Carwash.

3 Days Later

Peridot is depressed, obviously. Steven has told her that if she ever wanted to talk, she could to talk to him and he would listen. Today, it was getting dark and about the time everyone should be sleeping.

Steven attempted to sleep but he couldn't. This insomnia was random, he clearly had no intentions what to do about it, other than doing something that would bore him to sleep. He got outside to see if the fresh night air would make him sleepy, it didn't work.

He tried looking through a telescope to look at the stars and planets to bame off to see if his own knowledge would make him sleep. He named Mars, Uranus, Saturn, the Sun, and the Moon. He noticed something on the moon, it was a little red something.

Steven assumed it was the Moon Base but it was never red. He zoomed in with the telescope and saw... the Barn?

(Steven) What?

At the Moon

Steven knew this was Lapis. He got his suit so he can use it to walk on the Moon and used Lion to get him to the base. Once he got there, he activated the helmet and was going to the Barn.

He tried to be careful about walking because if he were to jump too high, he would ascend too far off into space. He got to the Barn but nobody was there. Steven went back to the base to see what else to do.

He heard humming upstairs. Once he got there, he saw Lapis watching a blue globe while humming.

(Steven) Lapis?

(Lapis) (gasp)

She stopped humming.

(Lapis) Steven.

(Steven) Ice to see you.

(Lapis) Ice? There's no-- oh.

There was ice on his armor since he was out in space, where it's extremely cold.

(Steven) What are you doing here?

(Lapis) I... got distracted.

(Steven) By this orb? What is it?

(Lapis) Promise you won't judge me?

(Steven) I wouldn't have room to judge if I did.

She used the orb to materialized the boardwalk.

(Steven) Beach City? How is that--

(Lapis) This orb is an observation device. The Diamonds use them to watch activity on their colonies from afar.

(Steven) It's like an intergalactic camera.

(Lapis) Basically.

Something confused Steven though. If this was used by the Diamonds, then who owned this one? Steven assumed this was Pink Diamond's since Earth was her colony. It does make sense, afterall.

It was intriguing to use it.

(Steven) So, are you going to use this place monitor us?

(Lapis) Not exactly. I was just keeping tabs on you all before the Diamonds show up and wreck everything. I planned on coming back to rescue you guys before they hurt you but I'm too scared to do it.

(Steven) Lapis, the feud of the Diamonds will be dealt with sooner or later but we'd appreciate it if you can come back.

(Lapis) But--

(Steven) If you're scared about the Diamonds, you have the right to be. But if you stay with us before they show up, you can leave when they get here, so you have a chance to say goodbye.

(Lapis) I'll... think about it... Sorry, I can't do anything at the moment.

(Steven) It's okay. Take your time.

He went downstairs to get Lion to take them both home.

Back on Earth

Morning was rising, Steven wasn't too happy about that. He's exhausted. When he got back, everyone was in the livingroom.

Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, & Bismuth.

(Garnet) Heh, you're up early.

(Steven) I've been awake all night.

(Amethyst) What were you doing?

(Steven) Not important. I'll tell you later.

(Pearl) Well, it's good that you're here. There's an announcement that I have to make.

(Steven) You can tell me later, I'm exhausted.

He was going to his room to take off the armor and sleep.

(Pearl) But I think you might interested into what I have to say.

(Steven) I'm sure I won't.

(Pearl) It's about Pink Diamond.

Steven stopped. He turned around and came back.

(Steven) All right, let's hear it.

(Bismuth) Yeah, you made it sound so exciting.

(Amethyst) Yeah, tell us!

(Pearl) So, as you all know, Pink Diamond was shattered by Rose Quartz...

(Steven) Yes, of course.

(Pearl) But... Maybe she wasn't.

That got everyone's attention.

(Peridot) Huh?

(Garnet) Not possible.

(Steven) How do you know?

(Pearl) Well, I was her orginal Pearl... I know very well that Pink Diamond, my Diamond, was not shattered.

(Steven) But why does everyone think it was Rose Quartz?

(Pearl) It was planned.

(Everyone) Planned?!

(Pearl) Rose Quartz... is Pink Diamond...

Steven suddenly wasn't tired anymore.

(Steven) ...What?

(Pearl) This whole time, Rose was Pink Diamond, she faked her shattering and started a war.

Steven was walking towards Pearl, with a intimidating glare. Pearl was backing away.

(Pearl) S-St-Steven I know you're--

He grabbed her and slammed her against the wall.

(Steven) HOW MANY MORE LIES DID YOU FEED US?!

Everyone flinched at his voice being raised.

(Steven) Why did she do this? Why did she start a war? And where is she?!

(Pearl) Wait! Steven, wait! Let me explain!

(Steven) Why didn't you tell us?!

(Pearl) It was under her orders! I wanted to tell you but she was here during the time and I was too scared to say anything.

Steven released her.

(Pearl) I'm sorry!

(Steven) You're telling me that this whole war between us and Homeworld was caused by one gem?

(Pearl) Y-yes...

(Steven) What was the point of it?!

(Pearl) Pink... was abused by the Diamonds. They always locked her up in a tower and she never really matured yet. When she finally was given a colony, she was excited. When she viewed the planet, she noticed that there are life forms on it. Humans, plants, and animals. She was intrigued by it all. But, she realized that her colony would decimate them all. So, she explained to Yellow and Blue Diamond that she didn't want to colonize the planet because of the life on it. They made a Zoo and tossed a handful of Humans in it. Even after everything, they still never took her seriously. If she couldn't stop the colony as a Diamond, she became a Rose Quartz and faked her death so she can start a new life on Earth. She made mistakes and, yes, they were stupid but I just wanted to serve my Diamond. As a Pearl, it was my job, my goal. I'm sorry it came to this.

(Steven) What made her leave and why?

(Pearl) I really don't know. The reason why I thought it was you was because she acted differently when Greg introduced you. She genuinely was interested with everything about you, your motivations, your strengths, your feelings, everything. And then she suddenly left, she didn't say anything to me. It was... hard for me to process it, I'm sorry I blamed you for her leaving. I now see that it wasn't you that made her leave, it was her personality. Pink also did what she wanted and never thought of the consequences.

Steven was angry, everything he did to defend the rebellion was really a game that was created by a Diamond who then leaves her troops behind with him. What was the point now? Then, he realized something.

(Steven) The Diamonds...

(Pearl) What?

(Steven) The Diamonds don't know about this. If we tell them the truth, they'll leave us alone, that's the reason why they come after us.

(Pearl) I'm not sure that'll work.

(Steven) It's better than nothing. What else can we do to get the Diamonds away from us. They still think she's gone but if we get them to know the truth, they'll possibly just leave.

(Bismuth) But how are you going to prove it to them? They won't believe you.

(Steven) Not unless I convince them.

(Peridot) How?

(Steven) I don't know but I need some time to prepare.

(Garnet) Everyone, we should prepare for the Diamonds. They might take the battle to us.

Steven walked outside, he needed some air.

(Steven) (sighs)

He was leaning against the railing.

(Steven) It's going to be a long week.

End of Chapter 28

Chapter 29: Homeworld Savior
3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven had prepared for the biggest fight in his life. Spent the last three days of training, more extreme and intense than usual. Steven had thought of a bright idea that he is going to share with the gems.

Instead of waiting on Homeworld to bring the fight to them, they bring the fight to Homeworld. It's risky, yes, but the element of surprise could tip the scales and give them the edge they need. If they are careful and fast, they could win the fight before Homeworld doesn't even know what hit them.

The only way this could go wrong is if they get caught on Homeworld, they slip up, or they already on their way to Earth. The sooner they do this, the better. Steven came into the livingroom with the other gems.

(Steven) Am I interrupting something?

(Pearl) No, we were discussing about our defenses against Homeworld. Do you have any ideas?

(Steven) I do have an idea but not about the defenses.

(Amethyst) What?

(Steven) We bring the fight to Homeworld.

Everyone went silent. Pearl spoke,

(Pearl) Steven, that's not a good idea.

(Steven) It's better if we take the fight to Homeworld. We can take defeat them before they even knew what hit them.

(Garnet) Theres too many to fight, Steven. It's better to fight them here on Earth. We have preparation time.

(Steven) If theres too many to fight, what's the point fighting them here than on Homeworld? Where we can use the element of surprise as well as they won't expect us to be there.

(Garnet) We're not going.

(Amethyst) Hey, listen. Why don't we vote on what we do next? We are a team, afterall.

(Pearl) That's a good idea. Who wants to stay here on Earth and defend it from Homeworld?

Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst raised their hands.

(Pearl) Those who agree with Steven?

Steven, obviously, raised his hand. Bismuth stands next to him.

(Bismuth) Steven's idea makes sense. I mean, Homeworld could be planning in their attack on Earth but if we get in their turf and attack without them knowing, we can get through their forces and defeat the Diamonds. With that suit, Steven has become almost unstoppable. We have trained for about anything so I think we can handle it.

She raised her hand. Peridot stood next to Steven.

(Peridot) Steven's plan is very tactical and risky. But if we want to protect the Earth, we gotta fight and with Homeworld, they could put us in rough decisions on Earth. But on Homeworld, we just gotta get through them carefully and fast. Besides, some of us know what's on Homeworld. We should succeed if we put enough effort in this plan.

She raised her hand.

(Peridot) It's a tie.

(Garnet) No, it's not. 4 against 3. Ruby and Sapphire chose to stay on Earth. I'm sorry Steven but it's safer if we stayed on Earth.

Steven took a moment before answering.

(Steven) Fine.

He walked outside. Bismuth and Peridot followed him.

(Peridot) Steven, what are you doing?

(Steven) If they're not going, I'll do it myself.

(Peridot) Steven, wait!

She grabbed his arm to stop him.

(Peridot) Don't go alone, you'll die.

(Steven) I'll die fighting a war that they refuse to be in.

(Peridot) Steven, you have to let us come with you. You don't know where Homeworld is.

(Steven) Fine... But I'm doing the rest myself.

10 minutes later

Steven had his armor and everything ready. Bismuth and Peridot are already inside the roaming eye and waiting for him to go. The others don't know about this.

The reason why Steven is doing this is not only so he can put an end to the war, but to prove his worth to the gems since they obviously still view him as nothing more than a human being. This had to be done, personal or not. Greg noticed Steven getting ready and asked him.

(Greg) Hey, son, what are you doing?

(Steven) Leaving. Don't worry, I'll be back.

(Greg) Where you going?

(Steven) Homeworld.

Greg nearly tripped.

(Greg) W-what?!

(Steven) The gems won't listen to me so I'm going without them.

Steven was walking to the roaming eye.

(Greg) (clears throat) Steven. Steven! Stop! Steven! STEVEN!

He got in front of Steven.

(Steven) What are you--

(Greg) I will not, under good conscious, allow you to go! You're outmatched by these--

(Steven) I'm what?

(Greg) You're not some harden warrior. You're a young man with too much anger. You're in over your head and I don't want you to die.

Steven walked past him and was about to step inside the roaming eye but then he stopped.

(Steven) Father who do you think I am? The scarfaced boy you found in the gutter? The boy who was too scared to be left alone? While you are here, I am out somewhere, the only one who actually gets something done!

(Greg) You may be--

(Steven) No, not may be, I am. I am part of the rebellion and fighting a war that they chose to be in. You don't see Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst coming with me, do you?

(Greg) No...

(Steven) Exactly. While they're not willing to fight, I am. And today will not be the day I die.

He was walking to the roaming eye.

(Greg) Steven.

He stopped

(Greg) Stay safe, please.

(Steven) ...I will...

He went inside the roaming eye.

(Steven) What's the estimated time to Homeworld?

(Peridot) In a fast pace, we should get there in about an hour or two.

(Steven) Okay. Do you know where to land that is the closest to where the Diamonds are?

(Peridot) I can have us land next to the Palace but thats as close as we can get.

There was a moment of silence.

(Bismuth) So, Steven, what are you going to do when we get there?

(Steven) I'm going to each Diamond at a time and convince them to help us out on Earth with the corruption issue. They would want their soldiers back but I am also going to tell them about Pink Diamond being alive. If talking won't work, then things would have to get physical.

(Peridot) Okay, if you plan on fighting the Diamonds, you need to be prepared for anything. They are more powerful than any other gem in existence.

(Steven) Is there anything I should know?

(Peridot) I should probably elaborate about the Diamonds. Blue Diamond, she isn't much of a fighter. She basically uses her powers against her enemies. Yellow Diamond, my former Diamond, is a skilled fighter and a master sword fighter, too. She'll be challenging your combat. White Diamond... Well, she... I don't know anything about White. Other than, she's the most feared gem for gem kind and Yellow and Blue fear about angering her.

(Bismuth) I heard she made even the toughest gems submit to her. I don't know what she did but I guess it scares them enough to submit. Steven, you have to be careful if you plan on talking to her or fighting her.

(Steven) I will.

The roaming eye continues to progress forward.

(Steven) Peridot.

(Peridot) Yes, Steven?

(Steven) Do you think you can upgrade the sequencer to Homeworld's standards?

(Peridot) Well... You're going to have to do it yourself since I can't be seen since I'm still a wanted gem on Homeworld. But don't worry, I'll tell you what to do before we get there. I reccomend you upgrade the sequencer first before going after the Diamonds. Their security is the toughest Homeworld has.

2 hours later

Peridot told Steven what he needs and how to do it. He should be fine on collecting the parts to upgrade the sequencer. Peridot lands Steven near the maintenance portion of Homeworld.

(Peridot) Do you remember what you need?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) Okay, then. Hurry back before we get spotted.

She opens the door and lets Steven out before closing it again. Steven walks over to the scatter parts while avoid the gems that are a few yards away from him. He grabs the first part he needs, two more to go.

He goes to a different section to check through the other pile of parts to see if theres second part he needed. Nothing, so he went further into the place to find the last two parts. He found the second part in a third pile of parts.

One more to go. He spent a few minutes searching for the final part, he couldn't find it. He checked the piles again to see if he missed it, still nothing.

He saw the final piece just by itself but covered in dust, he past it a couple of times. He grabs it and adds it to the sequencer and completes it. Now, he should be able to access any Homeworld security.

He gets back to the roaming eye.

(Peridot) Did you find the parts?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) Okay. Next stop, the Palence.

She goes to a platform that was made for aircrafts to land.

(Peridot) I reccomend you go very fast and avoid as much attention as possible before you get to the Diamonds.

(Steven) Got it.

Steven got off the roaming eye and ran inside. No one was in the main room, perfect. He still kept his guard while sneaking to the hallway area.

He passed by a couple of doors but none of them looked like they would belong to any Diamonds. He was going after Blue Diamond first, figured she would be easy to start with. He found a pearl, Blue Diamond's pearl.

He snuck up on her, grabbed her, and pin her to the wall.

(Steven) Where is Blue Diamond? And don't think about lying, I'll know.

(Blue Pearl) S-She's i-in there.

He lets her go and walks to the door. He stopped before he went inside and turned around to look at her.

(Steven) If you tell anyone you saw me, I'll be after you next.

He threatened her and it worked. He walked inside the room and saw Blue in a chair. He walked up to her and she took notice.

(Blue Diamond) (gasp) It's you, the human. How did you get out of the Zoo? I put you there 10 days ago.

(Steven) Blue, we need to talk.

(Blue Diamond) No, you need to get sent back to the Zoo immediately before Yellow finds you. If she finds you, she throw you out in space to die.

(Steven) You need to listen to me.

(Blue Diamond) No, I don't. You're going back to the Zoo.

She was going to incapacitate him again with the gas but he remembered from last time and swatted her hand away.

(Steven) Saw it coming.

She then attacked using her emotional powers and hits him with it. Steven felt his emotions overwhelm him and he fell on his knees. Steven got a grip of himself before he lets his emotions take control.

He stood up.

(Steven) I felt worse.

He started walking towards her. She kept hitting him with her powers but nothing seems to work. She was scared about what he was going to do to her for attacking him.

He got in front of her and after a few seconds, he headbutts her and kicks her across the room. He walks over to her and grabs her.

(Blue Diamond) Get your hands off me!

He slammed her against the wall.

(Steven) Listen, Blue, I know you're upset with what happened to Pink Diamond. But you must know that she is alive.

Blue's eyes widen.

(Blue Diamond) What?

(Steven) She's alive, not shattered. It was a ruse.

After he tells her everything.

She was hugging him.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, thank the stars she's alive! After years of thinking she was gone is now over!

Those were tears of joy, not sadness.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, thank you for telling me! We need to tell the others.

(Steven) That was the plan. Where's Yellow?

(Blue Diamond) I know where she is. Follow me.

She leads him to Yellow Diamond's room. The door opens and they see that there are bubbles on the ceiling, Yellow's defeated enemies.

(Yellow Diamond) What are you doing?

(Steven) Yellow Diamond...

(Yellow Diamond) What are you doing, Blue? Take this human back to the Zoo.

(Blue Diamond) No, this human has a message to bring.

Yellow stood up from her chair.

(Yellow Diamond) What are you talking about? You can't keep bending the rules, Blue. You have to set an example. Take the human back to the Zoo, now!

(Blue Diamond) I won't. Let him speak.

(Yellow Diamond) Fine, I'll do it myself.

She attempts to grab Steven but Blue swats her hand.

(Yellow Diamond) Blue?!

She tried to use her powers on Yellow to get her to stop but Yellow charged and they both grabbed each other's wrists.

(Yellow Diamond) Why are you doing this? When Pink was shattered, I was there for you. And you dare use your power against me?!

She tackled Blue against the wall and broke it. They fell down on a walkway and Steven jumped down after them, landing behind Yellow.

(Yellow Diamond) You'd hurt a fellow Diamond?

(Blue Diamond) Didn't we hurt Pink? She was suffering in silence for ages, just like our gems, just like me! And I know you're suffering in silence, too.

Yellow zapped her with her powers and was destabilizing Blue.

(Steven) Yellow, stop!

She didn't listen. Steven kicked behind her knees, she stopped and kneeled, he used her body to run up and land with his fist hitting her head. She was down but not for long, Steven ran to Blue.

He checked to see if she was okay. Yellow stood back up and Steven charged at her. He tackled her off the walkway and they landed on the ground with Yellow breaking Steven's fall.

She pushed him off and they both got ready to fight. She pulled out a sword.

(Yellow Diamond) You would be wise to surrender now or meet your demise.

They both circled each other. She swung the sword at him but used his arm to block it. He striked at her but only managed to get a punch.

She jumped back and tried slamming the sword down at him but he crossed his arms like an X to block it. He kicked her away from him. He thought of a move to use on her that he learned from someone.

He opened his arms like he was ready to attack and she did the same but was trying to jab the sword at him. He hits her left elbow with his right hand and hits her right elbow that is also carrying the sword with his left hand. When he hit her right elbow, he spun in freeflow to punch her right in the face that nearly made her fall.

She evaded when he tried to take advantage of her nearly being knocked over. She swung her sword multiple times but he blocks it and stepped on his knee to get a jump boost in the air to slam the sword into his skull but he grabbed her wrists and headbutts her. He goes to attack with a kick but she moves back to hit with the sword but he blocks, of course.

She spun around to kick him but he hits her leg down and tried to punch her with his left hand and giving her a right hook. She spun back around to hit him with her sword and he blocks it and tried to give her another right hook but she rolled underneath his arm to avoid getting hit. They charged at each other before she nearly impales him but he moved her sword away from him, jumps and kicks her with full force.

She jumps up high and lands with her sword attempting to attack him but he blocks. He held his arms to cover his head while she keeps hitting his arms over and over again to get him to slip up and she wasn't going to stop. Steven blocks the next hit but moves her sword in a awkward position before headbutting her and giving her a few punches.

He kicks her. She tried attacking again but Steven uppercuts her, slams that same arm on her sword handle which made her let go, hits her throat with the handle and finally kicks her to the wall.

(Steven) It's over, Yellow.

She looks at him.

(Yellow Diamond) What are you?

He threw her sword at her. It hits the wall next to her. When she looked at it and turned around, Steven snuck up on her and hits her to the ground.

(Blue Diamond) Enough! Stop fighting!

She came down there and helped Yellow up.

(Blue Diamond) Yellow, please listen to him.

(Steven) Pink is alive.

(Yellow Diamond) You are incorrect. She has been shattered by Rose Quartz.

(Steven) No, Yellow, she's alive.

(Yellow Diamond) Whoever told you that was misinformed.

(Steven) Pink Diamond is Rose Quartz.

(Yellow Diamond) That's absurd!

(Steven) No, it isn't. Think about it, Yellow, after Pink said she didn't want to do the colony anymore because of what it'll do to the Earth, Rose Quartz appeared. It's too much to be a coincidence, Yellow.

Yellow took that into consideration, he was right.

(Yellow Diamond) Where is she? Where is Pink?

(Steven) I don't know. But I do know that she's alive. Where's White Diamond?

Yellow has a shocked expression.

(Yellow Diamond) No, she would destroy you the second she sees you.

(Steven) Where is she, Yellow?

(Yellow Diamond) (Sighs) She's up there.

She pointed at the giant head.

(Steven) I need to talk to her.

(Yellow Diamond) It's best if you don't, she never listens to us.

(Steven) Then I'll make her listen.

The Diamonds escorts him to the door, it was locked.

(Yellow Diamond) None of us have the passcode.

(Steven) Don't bother.

He took the sequencer and put it to work. The alarm of the door was going off and Yellow and Blue were scared.

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

[Alarm Blaring]

The door finally opened. Steven stepped inside and the door behind him closed.

"Who dares enters my domain?"

He heard a voice but didn't see anyone around. He explored the room to find White Diamond.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

(Steven) Are you White Diamond?

He spoke, hoping she was.

"White is certainly what I am but I fear whatever you are won't matter anymore."

(Steven) I've come to bring a message.

"That Pink is back? I already knew, she never could be shattered like that. I knew everything."

(Steven) Listen, there are gems on the Earth that were adequate soldiers that fought for your planet. They're suffering from your damage.

"They knew the costs of the battle they fought in. Besides, it's Pink's fault for that. When she returns, she'll get the punishment she deserves."

(Steven) You're going to fix what you did.

"And what if I don't want to?"

(Steven) Then, I'll make you.

(Laughter)

"You think you can make me do it?"

(Steven) This is your mess, you clean it up.

"Pink's mess, I alway clean up after Pink. She was spoiled and she hasn't changed one bit. Always blaming others for her problems and surrounds herself by weaker individuals so she can feel superior."

(Steven) White, come out.

He eventually saw a figure.

(White Diamond) Hello there.

(Steven) You need fix what you've done.

(White Diamond) Why don't you make me?

She gave him a smirk.

(White Diamond) Or maybe I make you do what I want?

Her eyes shined and a beam came out of them and in Steven's eyes. He felt numbness and then fell over, struggling to get up. She was circling the boy on the ground.

(White Diamond) You're not dying, it just feels like you are. My powers are twisting your will and emotions. Soon, you will become like me!

She boasted while basking in glory, even though no ones here. Steven gets up.

(White Diamond) What? You're supposed to be under my control.

She tried again but he moved and punched her.

(White Diamond) (grunts) Okay, let's play.

She used her power again, but Steven duck and stood up quick to punch her again. She fought back by punching at him but he was backing away from her fists. He blocked her few punches and tried punching her but she caught his fist.

He struggled to pull his hand away since she has a good grip on it. He took advantage of this and hits her face with the back of her hand. He punch her again but she pushes him away.

He punched again but this time, he unintentionally cracked her gemstone on her forehead without knowing. She was in severe pain. She violently attacks but he blocks.

She pushed him against the wall, brutally attacking him with multiple punches in random places. He eventually moved out of the way and she hit the wall hard enough that it cracked. She was swinging wildly now from the pain and adrenaline.

Her next punch was countered when Steven moved her arm to get a direct hit to her face and another hit. She swung again but he moved out of the way and then move her arm to attack and eventually kicking her across the room. He walked up to her and noticed she was in pain.

He saw that her gem was cracked. His compassion took over and got the emergency healing water to pour on her gem. It healed.

(White Diamond) (Sighs in relief) Thank you...

She took a moment before speaking again.

(White Diamond) Maybe I should listen to you. Afterall, I am in your debt for saving me.

(Steven) Those gems on Earth don't deserve to be corrupted. They need to be fixed.

He helps her up.

(Steven) I think we can negotiate about something.

Later

Steven and the Diamonds have made a deal. For healing White Diamond, they will heal the corrupted gems, all of them and the war will end since everyone now knows the truth. Steven has also made a second deal.

If they changed the way things work on Homeworld and make it fair and reasonable instead fear and violence, Steven would look for Pink Diamond and bring her to the Diamonds. They didn't agree at first but seeing as he infiltrated Homeworld without much problem, they agreed. Right they, they are in Rose's Spring (Where the Healing Water is).

He instructed them to sit in the fountain while he, Peridot, and Bismuth put the bubbles of corrupted gems in the water so they can be fully healed since all 4 Diamond elements are together. Steven watched the bubbles popping and the gems coming out as gems instead of monsters. Bismuth found the gems she missed and jumped into the water.

He looked at the Diamonds and they seemed to be enjoying watching the gems be healed and happy. White looked at Steven and she gave him a little awkward smile. He didn't smile back but she can tell that he and her are on good terms with each other.

After minutes of healing gems and clearing things over to the uncorrupted gems about how things are going to work for now on, Steven told Peridot to get Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst.

(Peridot) Fellow Crystal Gems! Follow me!

(Pearl) What? Is Homeworld attacking?!

(Peridot) No, no! Even better!

(Amethyst) It better be, I was about to beat my high score.

She gathered them and took them to Rose's Spring. When they saw Steven and the Diamonds, they about poofed themselves from the shock.

(Garnet) Yellow... Blue... White... all of them...

(Pearl) Steven? What happened?

(Steven) I went with my plan without you. It worked better than I thought it would.

(Amethyst) You went to Homeworld and went toe to toe with the Diamonds?

(Steven) All of them within a few hours. We healed the corrupted gems, look.

He pointed at the fountain and they saw all the gems they fought but uncorrupted. Tears came out of their eyes because that sight alone was enough to tell them that the war is over, the Diamonds are no longer tyrants, and peace was established. Aside from them being happy, they were also shocked at Steven's accomplishment.

The word "Achievement" would be an understatement. To make it short, this is what Steven did: A human being took part in a gem war, battled Homeworld's above average warriors, battled the Diamonds, and did it all without shattering gems. The Cluster doesn't count since it was a geo-weapon and the Diamonds accept full responsibility over that.

Once the uncorrupted gems realized that this wouldn't been possible without Steven, they got out of the water, grabbed him, and lifts him in the air while cheering and thanking him for his service. They all were calling him "Homeworld Savior". They eventually put him down but some were wanting to talk to him, hug him, give him something, etc.

Some asked what made him do it, some asked where did he get his training, and some even asked why doesn't he shatter gems. He didn't answer the training question, that was something he didn't want to share. Steven discussed that Homeworld would be a different place for now on and that changes are coming.

Those who oppose can discuss it with the Diamonds or himself but nobody opposed to the idea. Steven also said that anyone who doesn't want to stay on Honeworld can live on Earth but not at the moment since there's no place for them to stay. Steven mentioned that a place will be built for gems that wish to stay on Earth.

But for the moment, gems would be staying on Homeworld until construction is complete. Steven is thinking about calling it "Little Homeworld".

Later

After the Diamonds took the gems and left to get back to Homeworld, Steven was tying up loose ends. He fixed the Homeworld Warp Pad so if anyone needed to get to Homeworld or if someone wanted to talk to him. He got a communicator with a direct line to the Diamonds in case he needed one of them.

Now, he was going to the Moon Base to get Lapis, she can come back to Earth now. He used Lion to get there and he activated the helmet so he can walk to the Barn to get her.

(Steven) Lapis? Where are you?

(Lapis) Steven? What are you doing back here? Hasn't Homeworld attacked yet?

(Steven) No. The war is over, Lapis. You can come home now.

(Lapis) What? Are you serious?

(Steven) Yes, the Diamonds are no longer a threat anymore, Earth is safe, and peace has been established. You're free.

She smiled.

(Lapis) How has Peridot been? I know I left harshly.

(Steven) She misses you. She thinks you should come back.

(Lapis) Tell her I will. I'll be back in a few minutes.

Steven walked back inside the Moon Base and Lion took him home.

Back on Earth

Steven came back and waited for the ice to melt off his suit before putting it up for the day. Before he got upstairs, someone spoke to him.

(Garnet) Steven, can we talk?

He looked over his shoulder.

(Steven) What is it?

(Garnet) We just want to talk to you. If you're exhausted, we can talk in the morning.

(Steven) Okay, let's talk. Better to get it done now than tomorrow.

He walked downstairs to see Pearl and Amethyst sitting down on the couch, waiting for him to come down while Garnet was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

(Steven) What is it that you want to talk about?

(Garnet) About this morning, you suggested we should go to Homeworld.

(Steven) I know what I did was stupid but it worked.

(Garnet) No, it wasn't. It was a good plan, we were just overly cautious about it. We aren't like you, Steven. You're the soldier the war needed, thats why your plan worked. Your sophisticated, calculated, strong, and resourceful. We all have at least one of those qualities but you're all of them.

(Pearl) And we know you did all of this in attempt prove your worth. That you're more than a human. You've been patient with us, put up with a lot. We are going to be treating you a lot different from now on and that's a promise.

(Amethyst) Yeah, dude. You've done a lot in the last six months since we met you. You're a one man army!

(Garnet) We apologize for not accepting you as a Crystal Gem. You've earned more than that. We hope you can forgive us.

(Steven) ...

He took a moment to process all of what they told him.

(Steven) I accept your apology. I would like to ask your help to build Little Homeworld.

(Garnet) Of course, we're in this together.

They hugged him.

End of Chapter 29

Chapter 30: Spinel

3rd Person P.O.V.

2 months after the day Steven liberated Homeworld. Construction on Little Homeworld is complete. It was finished yesterday.

Steven, Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, and Bismuth spent most of their time on Little Homeworld. It was slow, boring, and hard but worth it. Gems were really excited about the news.

So here's a recap on our characters:

Garnet has gotten married... with herself. For context, Ruby and Sapphire got married.

Pearl has learned how to play musical instruments with Greg. She shows ultimate potential but have trouble pronouncing the names.

Amethyst has became inspirational for gems that Homeworld used to call "Defective" and "Off Colored". She has shown them that being those things are okay because it means they're unique and special.

Peridot has upgraded some of the technology on Little Homeworld with Earth's technology but better.

Lapis has gotten better at trusting others and becoming less fearful of Homeworld.

Speaking of Peridot and Lapis, they've been bonding a lot more than usual lately, Garnet winks at them whenever she sees them (under her visor so they can't see it).

Bismuth has gotten over her anger with Rose Quartz and the Diamonds. She also respects Steven's way of dealing with gems.

Speaking of Steven, about nothing has changed about him. Ever since he was dubbed as "Homeworld Savior", he was treated like he was a Diamond but he refuses to be set that high in standards. He perfers to be treated as a common individual but that never happens so he used to be treated like god.

His temper has gotten better over time. He has been out of practice in terms of combat since he hasn't trained in quite some time. No reason to because there's no one to fight.

Era 3, what Homeworld calls this new alliance with Earth, is working for Homeworld perfectly while Earth is like "Meh". There are gems who oppose to it but nobody has came to Steven or the Diamonds about it. Steven was in his house this morning, getting ready for the day.

Nobody was in the house, they must've left early. He went downstairs to find one of his books he hasn't finished yet. He reads for a few minutes until he heard a huge crash outside.

He goes out the door to see what happened. He saw some sort of machine entering the atmosphere.
It was an injector, not anything he seen before. He knew this was a gem situation, just a hunch. He went to get his armor and ready to go to that area.

He wonders if the gems saw that.

10 minutes later

Steven got to the Lighthouse, no one was here. He didn't see the gems on his way so they probably didn't see the injector yet.

(???) Hey! Are you Steven Universe?

He looked up and saw a silhouette. Based on the tone, she was looking for him. Why was she looking for him and what is the deal with the injector.

(Steven) Yes.

(???) Perfect!

She shapeshifted her hand into an instrument and blew into it. A loud noise was heard and the injector planted into the ground and started pumping the ground full of that mysterious pink liquid. The gem jumps down from the top of the injector and lands a few yards in front of Steven.

(???) Well, well, well, well~ What have we got here?

Her eyes stretched out of her sockets and right in front of Steven's face like telescopes. She moves them back to her head and gave him a grin that didn't look friendly.

(Steven) Who are you and what are you doing here?

(???) A nobody, much like yourself. But you can call me Spinel. Looking for someone?

She pulls out four gemstones. Pearl, Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire.

(Spinel) I already met Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst. Here, you can have 'em.

She tossed them at him. He picks them up and puts them in his pocket.

(Spinel) I'm sure you're a bit angry with that so let's just play already.

He knew what she meant, she wanted a fight. They approached each other but Steven strikes first by decking her right in the face. She hardly moved from that.

He backhands her but still she hasn't moved. When he went for a third punch, she caught his fist and grabbed his other wrist with her free hand. She winked at him before using his hand to hit his own face.

Once he recovered from the hit, he tried going for the offense but she effortlessly dodged his attacks and flicked his nose. She got behind him coiled her arms around him to lift up and then slamming him on the ground. He got back up quickly but she grabbed his collar, spun him around and make him go dizzy for a moment.

He growled in anger as she was toying with him. She knew this and was enjoying his anger. He punched her again but she didn't show any sign of pain.

He acted quickly and kicked her back. She retaliates by slapping him and tripping him. When he tried getting up, she kicked his ribs.

He got back up and was backing away from her. She was giving him a smile as she was approaching him. He tried to punch her but she ducked and hit his stomach.

Then, she hit the back of his head. She started giving him punches that make him tumble. She eventually kicked him to the ground.

She gave out a sinister giggle as Steven was getting up.

(Spinel) You just don't know when to quit, do ya?

He prepared himself for anything she was going to do. She jumped at him, wrapped herself around him, literally, and started to squeeze. She was trying to crush him.

(Spinel) (Chuckles) Having trouble breathing?

She squeezed tighter. Her head was at his back. He thought of a way to make her release him.

He jumps and lands on his back, crushing Spinel's head. That was enough to make her let go. She rubs her head aggressively as he gets up.

She grabs a scythe from her gem and tried swinging it at him. He grabs it, trying to pry it out of her hands but she keeps a good grip on it. He kicks her away from it and tossed it to side.

She jumps over him, hops on his back, sitting on his shoulders, one hand on his hair, and the other grabbing something from her gem. She pulls out a vial of a substance that is a dark pink color. She pours it on his neck.

It burned his skin and he felt it going inside his neck. He threw her off of him. He took his fingers and wipe his neck.

He saw only blood on his hand.

(Steven) What did you do to me?

She smiled.

(Spinel) I killed you. And in a few hours, your body will realize it.

He fell on his knees.

(Spinel) Homeworld Savior, you? (Scoffs) Bullocks.

She bounced back on top of the injector.

(Steven) (coughs).

He felt weak, he took a moment to regain his bearings before grabbing the gems and going back to the Temple to figure out what to do next.

At the Temple

Steven called his father to come here while he was trying to see if the gems would reform.

(Greg) Steven! I got your text and I came as soon as--

He noticed the gemstones

(Greg) Holy shi-- she really got everyone! Where is she?

(Steven) Up there.

He pointed at the top of the injector.

(Steven) I think she hit them with this.

He pulls out her weapon that she attempted to kill him with.

(Greg) Good lord, what happened to your neck?

(Steven) She injected something into me. I'm fine now but I don't know what it is.

(Greg) Okay, hopefully the gems would reform so they could tell us what happened.

He examined the scythe.

(Steven) I don't know what it is. Aside of it being a scythe.

Then, one of the gemstones started to form. It was Pearl.

Pearl: Please identify yourself.

(Greg) Um, Greg Universe?

Pearl: Greetings, "Um Greg Universe". Please select customization options.

(Greg) Uh. Steven what do I do?

Pearl: Default option selected.

Then, Pearl formed out of her gemstone.

(Steven) Pearl?

She got closer to Greg, grabbed his hand, and kneeled before him.

(Pearl) 🎶How do you do? My Um Greg Universe. Thank you for bringing me into the world. I am at your eternal service. Welcome to your new pearl!🎶

(Greg) What's going on? Could her gem be cracked?

Steven examined her gemstone.

(Steven) No, it isn't.

The next gem formed, it was Ruby.

(Steven) Ruby?

(Ruby) Ah! Who are you? You're not my assignment.

(Greg) I could really use an explanation.

(Pearl) Allow me to illuminate. 🎶A ruby guard. But just a single one. They tend to come in groups of three of more.🎶

The next gem formed, it was Sapphire.

(Pearl) 🎶A precious sapphire! She sees the future. That's who the Ruby's for.🎶

(Ruby) My sapphire! I will protect you with my life!

(Sapphire) I know you will. That's why I predict you last more than a day.

(Ruby) Huh?

(Sapphire) Come now.

She moves herself and Ruby out of the way. Amethyst reformed.

(Steven) Amethyst?

(Amethyst) Amethyst?

(Pearl) 🎶You must be right. This is an amethyst. Except an amethyst is big and strong. This one is not the best example. Something is clearly wrong.🎶

Amethyst imitates Pearl's dancing and movements.

(Pearl) I do say, something is clearly wrong. What are all these gems doing here in this strange place?

(Steven) Pearl, do you even recognize them?

(Pearl) Well, I certainly recognize my Um Greg Universe. As for you... I have no idea who you are.

Steven sighed and he went outside. He looked at that injector to see if Spinel was still up there. He can see a figure up there, he assumed that was her since she was the only gem he saw hop up there.

He went to Little Homeworld.

At Little Homeworld

Steven came to Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot. He brought Ruby and Sapphire but left Pearl and Amethyst with his father. He brought two vials, one of them was a substance sample he got from the injector and the other vial is his blood.

He had Peridot test them to see what are they.

(Peridot) Okay, so the substance you brought me was bio-poison. Made to eliminate any organic material. That injector is filling the planet with it and within a few hours, will kill the planet and anything on it.

(Steven) What about the other vial?

(Peridot) The substance she injected you with is a different type of poison. It's specially enhanced. It looks like she made it just for you. Your blood is contaminated with it. You're dying.

(Steven) Can either of these be healed by the fountain water?

(Peridot) The bio-poison, yes. But it can't stop the entire injector. For you, no. The poison is stronger than it, it would only keep you alive for a little longer till death.

(Steven) Is there a cure to it?

(Peridot) We can synthesize a cure but we need a sample of the poison she hit you with.

(Bismuth) I doubt she'll give it to you.

(Steven) We need to focus on the injector before everyone dies.

(Peridot) What about you?

(Steven) The injector is the priority.

(Bismuth) Now, hold on, Steven. You need to be alive in order to get rid of that injector. You have to cure yourself first.

(Steven) Spinel has what we need for a cure but she's up there on the injector. The only way to get her down is to get rid of it. That way, she isn't much threat to us.

(Lapis) Steven, why is Garnet separated?

(Steven) They were poofed. And when they reformed, they acted like they don't know each other.

(Bismuth) Wait, what did they get poof with?

(Steven) This.

He showed them the scythe.

(Bismuth) It's a rejuvenator. Homeworld used this to reset gems when they were out of line. One hit and they back to what they started.

(Steven) It's like they have amnesia.

(Bismuth) Amnesia?

(Steven) It's a name for when a person loses their memory. One way to cure it is to jog their memory.

(Lapis) Do you think that'll work on them?

(Steven) It's our best chance. I don't know much about Garnet. Bismuth, do you know any special memories of Garnet?

(Bismuth) Yeah, I only know one. Ruby and a few ruby guards came to Earth to protect Sapphire and an ambush happened. Ruby defended Sapphire and they fused by accident. Then, they became outlaws since Homeworld didn't allow fusion back then. Rose Quarts and Pearl found them and asked them to join us.

(Steven) Then, let's do that. One thing before we do that.

He took the scythe and broke it over his knee.

(Steven) No more of that. Let's go.

Later

Steven, Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth are brainstorming ways to put Ruby or Sapphire in danger so they could form Garnet and hopefully it would work. Steven thought carefully about this plan. He asked Peridot if she had any dangerous weapons.

She gave him a giant pizza cutter, that could work. He activates the cutter and have it work like a saw. Instead of letting it attack Ruby and Sapphire, he sent it towards the scaffolding.

(Steven) Sorry Bismuth.

(Bismuth) Sorry for what-- AW SHUCKS!

Debris was falling. Steven moved out of the way and watched Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth attempting to salvage anything.

(Peridot) (screams) Steven why did you do this?!

All part of the plan. Debris was going to fall on Ruby and she accepted her fate. Sapphire pushed her out of the way and they accidentally fused.

Steven's plan worked. Garnet was there but she didn't look like what she normally looks.

(Steven) Garnet, do you recognize me?

(Garnet) No, I don't. But do you know me?

(Steven) I guess it didn't work. Must be something else that'll remind you who you are.

He tried thinking. His train of thought interrupted when he saw his father's van.

(Greg) Steven!

(Steven) Dad, what are you doing here and where is Amethyst?

(Greg) She must've gotten away when I tried wrestling my clothes out of Pearl's hands.

He noticed she was washing his car.

(Greg) Pearl, you don't need to do that. I own a carwash!

(Steven) I'll go find Amethyst.

10 minutes later

Steven thought of a way for Amethyst to regain her memories but first he needed to find her. He went through the neighborhood to see if she was wandering around. He felt his knees getting weak.

It's the poison, he was getting weaker from it. He fell on his hands and knees, struggling to get back up. He coughed some blood out of his mouth.

He wiped his mouth before standing back up and ignoring the pain. He heard some noises and he followed it. He found Amethyst in a trash can on the sidewalk.

(Steven) Amethyst?

(Amethyst) Amethyst?

(Steven) Come on, you need to follow me.

(Amethyst) Come on, you need to follow me.

He got her out of the silver can and following him.

35 minutes later

Steven had taken Amethyst on a train and then to the Prime Kindergarten to jog her memories and it worked. She was back to normal. This proves that his theory to cure rejuvenation is jogging the victim's memories.

He and Amethyst noticed that the sky was getting darker and the injector was almsot half empty. This was not good. Steven and her got back to the others.

(Steven) Any news on Garnet or Pearl?

(Bismuth) Nothing.

(Steven) Do you know anything about Pearl?

(Bismuth) Other than her being Pink Diamond's pearl? No.

(Amethyst) Wait, wait! Maybe that's it.

(Steven) What?

(Amethyst) The turning point for Pearl is when Rose left, basically meaning her Diamond left. So if we get Greg to leave her, maybe she'll get her memory back.

(Steven) It's a long shot but better than nothing. How should we proceed with it?

(Amethyst) Umm... maybe during the rock show tonight?

(Steven) Okay, that should work.

(Greg) Steven, your back. Is Amethyst okay?

(Amethyst) (robotic voice) Who is Amethyst?

(Greg) Aw, geez, she's gotten worse!

(Amethyst) Nah, I'm just goofing.

(Greg) Too soon, Amethyst.

(Steven) Dad, I have a plan for Pearl to get her memories back but it involves you.

(Greg) Oh, boy. Do I have to date her?

(Steven) No. Here's the plan.

He whispered the plan to his ear so he can tease the readers on what he's going to do.

(Greg) Are you sure? It sounds dangerous.

(Steven) It's the only way.

(Greg) Okay, I believe you.

Later

The rock show started, Greg was performing and Steven was behind the curtains. The audience was cheering him on. Pearl was in the audience because she was ordered to by her Um Greg Universe.

This place was a bit unusual to perform a show. Behind the stage is a cliff, Greg could fall off if he wasn't careful. Greg was nervous but reassures himself it's all part of the plan.

The showed started and Greg was singing one of his classic songs. Everyone except Pearl knew this was staged for an unexpected event to occur during his song. Steven forcefully interrupted Greg's performance, grabbed Greg, and jumped off the cliff.

(Pearl) MY UM GREG UNIVERSE?!

She ran up to the stage to see where he went. She didn't see him. He was gone, she doesn't know where he is or knows if he's even alive.

She felt like she had no purpose now. Her Um Greg Universe is gone and she isn't assigned to anyone else. Then, she felt a familiar feeling inside her right now.

She was getting her memories back. She reformed back to her normal attire.

(Pearl) What the-- how did I?

(Amethyst) Steven! She's back.

Steven climbing up the cliff with his father on his back.

(Greg) Thank goodness it's over.

Steven was getting weaker.

(Steven) (coughs)

(Pearl) Steven? Are you alright?

(Steven) I'm fine... (coughs)

(Amethyst) P, before she got us, you said you knew her, right?

(Steven) You did?

(Pearl) Yes. Spinel is Pink Diamond's playmate but I haven't seen her for over 6000 years.

(Steven) Do you know where she was?

(Pearl) She was in the Garden.

(Steven) The Garden...

He started going to the nearest Warp Pad.

(Pearl) Steven what are you doing?

(Steven) I'm checking something. You and Amethyst try to get Garnet's memories back.

He mustered enough energy to run to the Temple. Once he got there, he took the sequencer and tried finding the Garden on his map. He scrolled through multiple directions but he couldn't find it yet.

He eventually found it, it was way across the map, far away from any other place. He Warped to the Garden.

At the Garden.

He appeared in the Garden. It did not look like a Garden to him. It was in ruins.

He explored the place, debris scattered all over the place, vines growing around pillars, dead plants, etc. He saw a communicator opened, it was playing a message.

"Greetings all gems of Homeworld and colonies! This is a message that is declaring some new changes and introducing Era 3! Pink Diamond is not shattered, she is alive but missing. We have Steven Universe, Homeworld Savior, a human, looking for her. He has saved us from the grief of the Diamonds and has saved all gems from the Diamond's wrath of anger. He is the hero that everyone deserves."

He remembers that message. White Diamond delivered it about a day after he saved Homeworld. He saw foot prints that embedded deep into the ground in one area.

He has an idea of what happened. Since Pearl said she hasn't been seen Spin for over 6000 years and the foot prints are embedded in the ground, he thinks she was left here to rot alone in this Garden until she saw the message. Being alone and forgetten for so long can really damage an individual.

He feels bad for her. Nobody deserves that, not even his worst enemies. He still has to stop her before she kills everything and everyone on Earth.

Fighting her won't fix the problem, he's going to have to talk it out, convince her.

Back on Earth

Steven returned but his vision was getting hard to see. The poison was taking effect on him. He quickly grabbed the emergency healing water from his pocket and drank it.

He felt the essence restoring his health. This would only be temporary. He needed to stop the injector and get the cure quickly.

He reached the others.

(Steven) How's Garnet?

(Amethyst) Still the same. We don't know what would work. We tried everything we can think of about love.

(Steven) Keep trying. I'm going up there.

(Amethyst) Up the injector? No way, she'll crush you, dude.

(Pearl) You can't fight her, she's too fast.

(Steven) I'm not trying to fight her. I just need to talk to her. Maybe she'll listen.

(Amethyst) Are you sure? You don't look so good.

(Steven) I'm fine.

He went to the legs of the injector and started climbing up.

5 minutes later

He climbs up to the top, tired from pulling on the weight of his body while climbing and the poison. He saw her, sitting down while staring at the destruction her injector was causing.

(Steven) Spinel.

She quickly whipped her head behind her to see he was up on top of the injector with her.

(Spinel) How are you still alive? You should be dead.

(Steven) Spinel, I came up here to talk to you.

(Spinel) There's nothing to talk about.

(Steven) Spinel, I know the truth about what happened. You didn't deserve being left behind like that.

Her face went blank before she shakes her head.

(Steven) I understand, you must be in a lot of pain.

(Spinel) No, NO!

She punched her head.

(Spinel) You don't understand! You can't understand how I feel!

She streched her arm over to him to punch him but he evaded out of the way.

(Steven) Yes, I do!

He kept dodging her attacks, trying to reason with her.

(Steven) You're angry and you have the right to be angry after what you've endured.

(Spinel) Shut up!

He was getting closer to her.

(Steven) You didn't deserve to be left there all alone.

(Spinel) Stop! Stop talking to me!

She threw a punch but he blocked it.

(Steven) I don't know what happened but I do know what it wasn't worth being left behind like that.

(Spinel) JUST CAN IT, WON'T CHA?

She silenced him.

(Spinel) You can't make everything better by saying a BUNCH OF WORDS!

She threw another punch, knocking him over. She jumped to him, got on top of him.

(Spinel) All of that stuff's easy for you to say. When you change, you change for the better. When I change, I chnage for the worst!

She started punching him.

(Spinel) I used to be not good enough, just not good enough for Pink and now... now... I'M NOT GOOD AT ALL!

She stopped.

(Spinel) (crying) Just funny, r-right? At least you actually paid attention to me...

He was using all of his will power to stay conscious from the beating.

(Spinel) W-what am I doing? Why do I want to hurt you so bad? I'm supposed to be a friend, I just wanna be a friend...

Steven was trying to get up. She got off of him and backed away from him in fear for what he's going to do to her. She heard that he fought over 50 amethyst guards, imagine what he'll do to her.

(Steven) Spinel...

She flinched at har name being called. She braced herself for a beating. She stood up, closed her eyes, waiting for him to attack.

Instead, she felt something else. She opened her eyes. He was hugging her.

Despite being poisoned, beaten, and insulted, he still was being nice to her. She felt more tears going down her eyes. It was from the regret from hurting him, he didn't even deserve it.

She gripped onto him and let it all out on his shoulder.

Later

The injector was dealt with, it was sent to drift aimlessly in space. Steven had gotten the cure just in time before he's body shut down. Garnet has her memories back.

Spinel was missing and Steven went to look for her. He checked the one place she could be.

At the Garden

Steven got there through the Warp and found her sitting alone, staring at the communicator that keeps replaying the same message over and over again.

(Steven) Spinel?

(Spinel) Go away... You shouldn't be here with a monster like me...

(Steven) You're not a monster. You're a gem who has been mistreated.

(Spinel) Who is stupid...

(Steven) You aren't stupid. You're just misguided and hurt.

She turned around, stood up and got in his face.

(Spinel) What do you know?! Have you ever been happy one minute and then the next you realize that it's all gone?!

(Steven) Yes.

(Spinel) Gah?! Why are you being nice and understanding?! You're supposed to hate me!

She pushed him, a attempt to get on his netves.

(Spinel) Why aren't you beating me up? Isn't that what you do to bad gems like me? C'mon, do it!

(Steven) I won't. You're not bad, I don't think you're bad.

(Spinel) You are insane!

She shouted.

(Steven) Not insane, compassionate. There's a difference.

(Spinel) Agh! Stop being nice to me and get mad!

She grabbed his collar.

(Spinel) Hit me!

(Steven) No.

(Spinel) Do it!

(Steven) I will not. You don't deserve it.

She lets go and grabs her pigtails and pulls on them aggressively.

(Spinel) Stop being that way! Why can't you see that I am a lost cause for a individual like you. Wasting your valuable time. I... I...

She stopped.

(Spinel) Why did she leave me...? What did I do wrong?

(Steven) You didn't do anything wrong. Pink is best known for making mistakes and poor choices.

She grabbed him, pulled him into a hug.

(Spinel) It hurts...

(Steven) I know it does. I'm sorry.

He pats her back. She eventually lets go and stares at her feet in shame.

(Spinel) I'm sorry...

(Steven) What are you doing here?

(Spinel) I have no where else to be. Homeworld wouldn't want a gem like me in their perfect empire. This is the only place where I belong.

(Steven) That's not true. You don't have to live on Homeworld or here. Earth is a perfect place for you. You can be free and do what you want, except trying to destroy it.

(Spinel) B-but I don't want to be alone... You won't leave me, r-right?

(Steven) I won't.

(Spinel) A-and... will you... nevermind.

(Steven) What?

(Spinel) It's not important...

(Steven) It's okay, you can tell me.

(Spinel) ...After everything I did... will you be my friend...? I'll understand if you say, "no" I wouldn't want to be my friend either...

(Steven) Yes.

Her pigtails perked up, like a bunny.

(Spinel) W-what? I think I misheard you.

(Steven) I said, "Yes." I would like to be your friend.

(Spinel) R-really?

He nods. Her hands started shaking a little bit.

(Spinel) E-even after what I did to you?

(Steven) Yes. I know you didn't mean it. You were only angry, I guess you're not angry anymore.

(Spinel) But I am in your debt.

(Steven) No, you're not.

(Spinel) Are you kidding? You basically threw yourself after me when I was trying to kill you and I don't owe you anything?

(Steven) You don't have to be in my debt. You don't have to owe me anything.

(Spinel) But... what about you? Aren't you angry about what I did?

(Steven) No. Believe me, if I was to be angry at a gem, you wouldn't be it. The damage you did is repairable.

He changed the subject.

(Steven) You can live in the Temple, if you want. If you wish to live somewhere else then you can.

(Spinel) No. I wish to stay with you, I'm not sure if the others would like me being around them.

(Steven) Trust me, if they can forgive the Diamonds, they can forgive you. Give them time. So, what do you say?

(Spinel) Yes, I feel safer around you.

He held out his hand for her to take and she accepted it and he lead her out of the Garden.

End of Chapter 30

Chapter 31: Volleyball

3rd Person P.O.V.

It had been a week after the incident with the injector. The mess and damage was repaired, quite wasily with Spinel's stretching powers. She had been living in the guest room inside the beach house since there's no room for her in the Temple.

Today, she was at Little Homeworld to see all sorts of things. Steven was outside on the porch, leaning on the railing while looking at Little Homeworld from a distance.

(???) Excuse me?

He moved his head to look at who called out to him. He saw a pearl, but she was pink and half of her left face was scarred. Steven remembered seeing her a little bit after he saved Homeworld.

She was controlled by White Diamond back when everyone thought Pink was shattered.

(???) I heard that you might be able to help me with this.

She pointed at her left side of her face.

(Steven) You came to the right place. Wait here.

He went inside and came back out a few minutes later with vial of healing water from the fountain.

(Steven) Keep still.

She stood very still as he poured a little on her gem which is on her stomach. She shivered a little as it went down her gem and onto her legs before evaporating into her form.

(???) Did it work?

Her face remained the same.

(Steven) Maybe apply directly to the injury.

She closed her eye as he poured more of it on her face to see if it could seal the cracks. It didn't. Steven took a look at the water.

(Steven) This usually works.

He did a stupid thing by cutting his wrist on the sharp edge of the railing. Her expression quickly rose to a panic.

(Steven) Don't worry.

He pour the rest of the water on the wound and watched it heal back to normal.

(Steven) I guess it's not the water. I'm sorry if it's a sore subject, but can you remember anything that happened while you were under White Diamond's control?

(???) Nope, 8,000 years just, blip, gone!

(Steven) You must not remember getting the crack?

(???) Oh, no, this is from before.

(Steven) White damaged you before she controled you?

(???) What? Oh, stars! What a misunderstanding. This is is all Pink Diamond.

(Steven) Pink...

He tried forgetting about her. Pink wasn't a name he liked to hear.

(???) Is everything all right?

(Steven) Yes, but this isn't about me. Do you know where pearls were taken when they needed maintenance or repair?

(???) Yes, the Reef.

(Steven) Can you show me where it is?

(???) Sure, follow me.

She lent him her hand to hold while they walked and he took it. As they were walikng she spoke to him.

(???) In case you were wondering what you can call me, you can call me Pearl.

(Steven) Well, that might be difficult since I know three other pearls.

(???) Oh, you're right.

(Steven) Maybe we should give you a nickname.

(???) Nickname?

(Steven) A small name that'll let me know who you are.

(???) Oh, I know what a nickname is. Pink used to give me a nickname, too. What is the name you choose for me?

He thinks, what would be a fitting name for her. While he was thinking, he got it with a volleyball. The idea hit him both literally and metaphorically.

(Steven) Volleyball.

He said that and was expecting her to discard it. But insetad she lets out a laugh.

(Volleyball) (giggles) Volleyball? That's so funny! You're just like her.

(Steven) I perfer not to be.

Later

She had brought him to the Reef. She explored the place with Steven following her.

(Steven) Okay, Volleyball, what do we do?

(Volleyball) Oh, use the Shell.

He pressed a button and a voice spoke.

The Shell: Greetings! What brings you to the Reef?

(Steven) My friend, Volleyball, has a crack on her face and we were hoping you can fix it.

The Shell: Understood. Please follow the illuminated path to the Care Center.

They both followed instruction.

(Volleyball) You really didn't have to come all the way out hete for such a trivial thing.

(Steven) It's not trivial.

They followed the path.

The Shell: Please feel free to take your time looking through the latest offerings in accessories and appearance modifiers as we make our way to the Care Center.

Volleyball spotted something.

(Volleyball) (Gasp) Look at these daring fans! (Gasp) What a sweet ribbon wand! It's just like mine.

She pulls out a ribbon wand from her gem. She twirls around to show the beauty of it. She stops and shows it to Steven.

(Volleyball) It was a gift from Pink. Isn't it exquisite?

(Steven) Very.

(Volleyball) Did Pink give you any gifts?

(Steven) No.

(Volleyball) (Gasp) I am so sorry!

(Steven) It's fine, I don't really need a gift from her. Let's keep moving.

They both reached the end of the pathway and they saw a room they presume that is the Care Center.

The Shell: Welcome to the Care Center. We have everything here to update or repair any pearl.

She stood on a platform.

The Shell: Scanning in progress.

It finished.

(Volleyball) So, how do I look?

The Shell: I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do.

(Steven) But you just told us you could repair any pearl.

The Shell: Her physical form shows damage, but her pearl is perfectly fine. This injury must have been so impactful that it continues to manifest despite the fact that her pearl has been repaired.

(Steven) Psychological damage?

(Volleyball) That's absurd! I am fine.

The crack on her face grew.

(Steven) Your crack just grew.

She took her hand to her face and felt the crack and then gasped.

(Volleyball) T-that m-must've already been there.

(Steven) It's not your fault. This was Pink's doing.

(Volleyball) No, no. I was just standing too close to her when she was throwing her tantrums and using her scream to crack the walls.

(Steven) That still is not your fault. Pink shouldn't have hurt you.

Before she could defend Pink any further, she stopped and realized he was right. She lets tears flow down her face as the realization hits harder than anticipation.

(Volleyball) (Sniffles) I'm sorry I wasted your time with a dull pearl like me.

(Steven) That's not true. You're not dull.

(Volleyball) But I was to her... my crack was too horrifying to Pink that she requested a new pearl and I was given to White... to have no control...

(Steven) I'm sorry. What Pink did wasn't right and I'll make sure she'll pay for what she did.

(Volleyball) But that won't fix my face! I-I don't want to be broken or defective.

(Steven) Volleyball, the scars don't mean you're defective or broken. It means you've been hurt very badly. The scars don't define who you are.

(Volleyball) How do you know that?

He pulled on his collar to show his neck. There was a huge red slash scar on it.

(Steven) I have others like it on my arms and legs. Scars don't have to mean you're weak and vulnerable.

She wiped her tears away and he helped her stand up.

(Volleyball) Thank you...

As he was looking at her face, he noticed some of the scars and cracks were reducing on her face and she noticed his look.

(Volleyball) What?

Before she knew what happened next, her left eye opened and she was surprised.

(Volleyball) (Gasp) M-My eye! I can see from it! Are the scars really gone?

(Steven) Not quite. You still have some left on your head but I guess sympathizing with you help heal some of your scars.

She blinked multiple times, enjoying left eye movement.

(Volleyball) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

She jumps into his arms and he held her for a moment before putting back on the ground.

(Steven) Glad to be in service for you. Let's go back.

(Volleyball) Okay, let's go.

She gleefully followed him.

(Volleyball) You know, I wasn't really expecting you to do all of this for me.

(Steven) Why is that?

(Volleyball) Because when I first heard about you, I heard it from the amethysts in the Zoo and they described you as a scary figure. I thought you'd refuse to do this with me because it is such a small thing and I'm sure you had bigger problems than me.

(Steven) I handle everything I can when I can. Besides, this isn't small and I like helping others.

(Volleyball) I really appreciate you helping me. Thank you...

She rewards his generosity with a kiss on the cheek. She must've learned to do that from someone else.

End of Chapter 31

Chapter 32: Friends In Need

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and Connie were visiting today and Connie noticed a change in Steven since they last met.

(Connie) Steven, are you all right? You look stressed.

(Steven) I wouldn't say stressed. More like worn out.

(Connie) I figured. With building Little Homeworld and that injector business about two weeks ago. You should probably take some time off and relax.

(Steven) No thanks, I'm fine.

(Connie) You sure?

(Steven) Yes, if you'd take me to a doctor, they would say I am fine.

(Connie) Well, let's find out.

(Steven) What?

(Connie) You said that a doctor would say you're fine and if thats the case then let's find out.

(Steven) I doubt any doctor would take a look at me just to prove a point.

(Connie) My Mom is a doctor. She'll tell you if you're fine or not.

(Steven) I shouldn't have opened my mouth...

At the clinic.

(Priyanka) You're lucky I had a cancellation today. Normally, I'm booked up weeks in advance.

(Connie) This shouldn't take long. He just needs a check up.

(Priyanka) Okay, a quick check up never hurts. Connie, will you excuse us?

(Connie) Sure Mom.

She left the room.

(Priyanka) Let's go over the basics.

She checks his temperature, height, his weight, etc. She did an X-ray on his body to view his skeleton. She came back in with the results.

(Priyanka) Well, Steven Universe, you're in impressive health for a boy your age. Now, I came back with your X-ray and it seems that you have a few bone bruises which can be treated. I just want to ask you a few questions since your bruises are concerning.

(Steven) Why do you say that?

(Priyanka) Your bone bruises are on your hands, feet, and knees which indicates that you've been hitting things. Okay, first question: Do you play sports?

(Steven) No.

(Priyanka) Second question: What is your normal exercise routine?

(Steven) Three days a week I do push ups, sit ups, and squats for 3 hours.

(Priyanka) Next question: Have you fought someone recently?

(Steven) Yes.

(Priyanka) When?

(Steven) About 2 weeks ago.

(Priyanka) (exhales) Okay. How frequent do you fight?

(Steven) A little over 2 months ago, I fought once or twice a week on average.

(Priyanka) Goodness gracious! What have you been doing? Picking fights?

(Steven) No, they were self defence, ma'am.

(Priyanka) Whew, I don't know why people would target you. You're just an average teenager.

(Steven) Next question, please.

(Priyanka) (clears throat) Right. When was the last time you've been to the doctor?

(Steven) When I was 8.

(Priyanka) Really? I haven't seen you then. Who was your doctor?

(Steven) Dr. Bennett.

She checked the files.

(Priyanka) Well, Dr. Bennett retired a few years ago and I don't see a file named "Steven Universe". Did your father ever went to the doctor?

(Steven) I don't know about my step father.

(Priyanka) Step father? What about your biological parents?

He looked down disappointingly.

(Priyanka) Oh... Oh, I am terribly sorry. Have you recovered from it?

(Steven) ...Yes...

(Priyanka) Are you certain? It's extremely important to know if you're okay.

(Steven) I'm fine.

(Priyanka) My final question: Have you been stressed a few times before and how do you reduce it?

(Steven) Quite a few times. I train to eliminate my stress.

(Priyanka) Okay. So, it looks like we're done here. For your physical treatment, I recommend you refrain from physical violence in order for your bruises to heal. Your mental state, I'd say see a professional or talk to your family about it.

(Steven) How much is this going to cost me?

(Priyanka) Not much since you're a teenager and I haven't used any consumables on you except for the essentials. And with your step father's lastest finance, this shouldn't take much from him.

(Steven) Alright, good.

He left the room and Connie came in.

(Connie) So, how'd he do?

(Priyanka) He seems physically fine. His mental state is unknown since he refuses to tell me anything about his personal life. Only thing I could say is that he should probably talk to someone about it to get some of the stress off his shoulders. Otherwise, he'll be prone to anger or outbursts over time and will accelerate further into severe depression. Try your best to help him when he needs it.

Back at the house.

Steven and Connie came inside and found Spinel and Amethyst watching TV.

(Amethyst) Where you two been?

(Connie) At the doctor's office. Steven was getting a check up.

(Amethyst) Is he sick or anything?

(Steven) I'm fine.

He went up to his room.

(Connie) He's fine physically. He's just stressed, he needs like a break or something.

(Spinel) What kind of break?

(Connie) Like to relax and not worry.

(Spinel) I think I know what to do about that.

The next day

(Spinel) Here we are!

She has taken Steven to Homeworld.

(Steven) Spinel, why did you bring me here? I thought you feared coming back here.

(Spinel) I-I was but since you're here, I feel safer... plus, I wanna see if the Diamonds have changed at all. Assuming that what you told me was true.

(Steven) Okay, fine. We'll check on the Diamonds. But if you want to leave, I am fine with that.

They walked inside the Palace. Steven gave her a short tour before going to Yellow Diamond's room. They haven't said a word yet because they're trying to see what she was doing.

However, she turned around when she heard the door closed.

(Yellow Diamond) Oh, Steven! You startled me! Who is that with you?

(Steven) Spinel.

(Yellow Diamond) Which spinel?

(Spinel) Uh... Pink Diamond's... I was hers over 6,000 years ago...

(Yellow Diamond) Oh, that spinel. Did you change your form?

(Spinel) Y-yes, y-you don't l-like it?

(Yellow Diamond) It looks interesting. Theres no need for fear, I am not going to harm you in any way.

Spinel calms down. Steven was right, they have changed. Normally, she would get scolded by her appearance and possibly be executed for it but instead was told that she didn't need to be afraid.

(Steven) What are you working on?

(Yellow Diamond) I was creating a device that is powered by my powers. My destabilization ability and new powers will be shot out of this weapon.

It's basically a gun that shoots destabilization orbs and her new powers but Steven doesn't know what they are.

(Steven) What are your new powers?

(Yellow Diamond) I would gladly demonstrate. Spinel, would you mind if I demonstrate my new powers om you?

(Spinel) I-It wouldn't hurt, r-right?

(Yellow Diamond) Not at all. You have nothing to worry about.

(Spinel) O-okay...

She stepped forth. Yellow placed her hand on Spinel's head, looking like she was petting her. Suddenly, Spinel started to grow taller than Steven and Yellow.

(Spinel) Whoa! I'm not even shapeshifting!

(Yellow Diamond) My new powers allow me to manipulate a gem's form to whatever they want it to be. I could make a gem taller, shorter, bulky, scrawny, any appearance style, you name it. It will stay like that forever unless they want me to change them back to normal.

(Spinel) Wow! I'm taller than you two!

She was geeking out over her form. She did cartwheels and flips to show her excitement. Her form was causing the room to shake a little due to her size.

(Yellow Diamond) Settle down, now. Let's not destroy anything.

Spinel immediately stopped.

(Spinel) Sorry.

Steven picked up the weapon from her workbench to get a better look at it.

(Steven) What inspired you to make this?

(Yellow Diamond) Well, it never hurts to have be prepared for anything. I mainly planned for it to use my new powers much easier. But I decided to add my destabilization ability just for it to be a self defence weapon. It can fire a small orb that'll destabilize a gem for exactly 10 minutes. If you turn the knob to "Form Generator", lights will illuminate from the other side of the device and you choose what type of orb that shoots out to a gem.

Steven turned a light to "Normal form" and fired it at Spinel. Spinel's form was reduced to normal size.

(Spinel) Aw...

(Steven) This weapon can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

He puts it back on the table.

(Yellow Diamond) Yes but it is not finished yet. It's still in beta mode. I plan on giving you a copy of these device for you to use if necessary. After all, you are Homeworld's Savior.

(Steven) Let me know when you have a weapon like this fully developed and ready.

(Yellow Diamond) I will. See you later, Mister Universe.

Steven and Spinel left the room.

(Spinel) That was fun. Where to next?

(Steven) Blue Diamond.

In Blue Diamond's room.

Steven and Spinel walked into Blue Diamond's room. They couldn't see much other than the floor because clouds were all over the place. A figured appeared out of the clouds.

(Blue Diamond) Steven! Hello again. Who's your friend?

(Steven) Spinel. Pink Diamond's spinel.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, it has been very long since I last saw you.

(Spinel) Y-yeah, I have been... busy for a while.

(Blue Diamond) What brings you both by?

(Steven) We came to check on you and the other Diamonds. Making sure you're alright.

(Blue Diamond) I appreciate your concern. Me, Yellow, and White have been doing okay. I have developed new powers. Instead of making others cry, I make them happy.

(Steven & Spinel) How?

(Blue Diamond) Back before you came into my life, Steven, I always made others feel the same pain I have felt. Then, I realized I must make up for my awful behavior by bringing joy to others. In that moment, my tears have vaporized into these clouds, bringing pure joy to all thise who came into contact with them.

Spinel inhaled some of the clouds and her pupils went to stars faster than the speed of sound. She started uncontrollably giggling as she played inside the clouds, getting in contact as much clouds as she can. A cloud touched Steven and he felt the urge to laugh or smile but it refused and kept his stone face demeanor.

Blue gave him a puzzled look.

(Blue Diamond) Is everything okay, Steven?

(Steven) Yes, why do you ask?

(Blue Diamond) I know you're resisting the clouds. You're the only individual I know who can resist my powers. Is there a reason why you refuse to feel joy?

(Steven) No. I'd rather be in control of my own emotions.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, I'm not meaning to control your emotions.

(Steven) It's okay. I know you're not. Has anything happened on Homeworld since I left?

(Blue Diamond) Nothing that I know of. If you need a certain answer, ask White. She should know the status of Homeworld.

(Steven) Will do. Come on, Spinel.

(Spinel) (Giggling) I'm... (pauses to laugh) coming...

In White Diamond's room.

Steven and Spinel walked into the room to find White on a chair, reading a screen but she dismissed it when she saw them.

(White Diamond) What perfect timing, Steven. I've just gotten back from my latest charitable escapade I've been going from planet to planet, giving voice to the little gem. I see a spinel next to you, hello there.

Spinel shyly went behind Steven as she waved at White.

(Steven) We came here to check the status of Homeworld.

(White Diamond) Homeworld is currently operating just perfectly with Era-3's influence on everyone. Though some gems aren't too happy with this change. Some were wanting to go back to how it used to be.

(Steven) Era-3 is better for everyone. What do you plan on doing to those who oppose?

(White Diamond) Well, my preferred methods would be too extreme by Era-3's standards. I planned on you deciding on what to do to them.

(Steven) What do they have a problem with?

(White Diamond) Mostly ranks and purposes. They wish to be superior, like during Era-2 and have more important jobs than small things like guarding.

(Steven) Create a unit that is for high ranked gems during Era-2 so that can satisfy their superior "needs". For jobs, try having different variations but make sure it isn't too small.

(White Diamond) Thank you for your ideas, Steven. I will tell Yellow and Blue to see what they think and I'll start them first thing tomorrow.

(Steven) Good. Goodbye, White, I'll see you some other time.

(White Diamond) Farewell, Steven. You too, Spinel.

Spinel waved goodbye at White as they were leaving.

(Spinel) You were right. They have changed. I was worried for nothing.

(Steven) I guess this was a good idea to check on them.

(Spinel) Do ya feel better?

(Steven) A little bit.

(Spinel) Well, a little is better than nothing.

End of Chapter 32

Chapter 33: New Enemies

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was going through the forest. He heard some loud thuds and it was causing a disturbance. He saw a cave and some boulders next to it. There's only one gem who is capable of doing that.

(Steven) Jasper.

He saw the brute on top of her cave.

(Jasper) Ugh! What do you want?

(Steven) I came here to ask you to stop with the noise.

She jumps down.

(Jasper) Why? Is it bothering you?

(Steven) No. It's bothering everyone else. What are the rocks for?

(Jasper) Training.

(Steven) Figures. It suits an oaf like you.

She rolled her eyes.

(Steven) Why are you training? There's no one left to fight.

(Jasper) There's always someone to fight. There's just no one left worth fighting.

(Steven) Wow, you fight for pride. Surprising.

He said with sarcasm.

(Jasper) You're not even worth fighting anymore.

(Steven) Is it because you know you can't win or because you can't find any excuses for last time?

Her eyes widened and she got angry.

(Jasper) Listen, runt--

(Steven) Jasper, you shouldn't talk to yourself like that.

(Jasper) Shut up! You may have defeated the Diamonds and persuaded them to be on your side, but I refuse to be on the same side as you!

(Steven) Jasper, you think I would let you on my side?

(Jasper) Isn't that what you do to gems you fight? Force them to be on your side?

(Steven) I give them the option to be on my side. Unlike you, I actually respect the gems I fight unless they're like you. Those gems deserved a second chance.

(Jasper) And I deserve something more than freedom.

(Steven) You deserve to be locked up for your crimes.

(Jasper) What crimes?

(Steven) During Era-2, you've committed felonies. Unwarranted fusion, imprisoning defective gems, ignoring your orders from your Diamond, and assault. You're lucky Era-3 pardons you. And for the record, I had the option to lock you away forever.

(Jasper) Why didn't you?

(Steven) I was giving you a second chance.

(Jasper) Should've known you were weak.

(Steven) It's not weakness, doofus. It's called compassion, something you clearly never heard of.

He went to walk away but he heard her chuckling.

(Steven) What's funny?

(Jasper) We're the same.

(Steven) Yeah, and Pink Diamond is a saint.

(Jasper) We are the same. You just don't know it yet.

(Steven) I do know that we're not the same. But I didn't know you were delusional.

(Jasper) Really? Why don't you name a few things that makes us different.

(Steven) One: I don't fight for sport. Two: I save others. Three: I don't shatter. Four: I believe in redemption. And Five: I'm smarter than you.

...

(Steven) I can keep going.

(Jasper) Just leave! I've heard enough.

He was leaving. As he was leaving, he spoke,

(Steven) Whatever you're doing, drop it. It won't be worth it.

Two days later

Steven was coming home. He saw that a party was starting. A new gem must arrived. He walked inside.

(Amethyst) Yo, dude, come introduce yourself.

(Steven) Welcome to Earth. My name's--

(???) Well, well, well, if it ain't the old gem savior himself, Steven Universe!

This gem said with a cockney accent. It's a fusion of an aquamarine and a ruby. He knows who they are.

(???) Bluebird Azurite, at your service! All right, give us a hug then!

She hugged him, he was getting uncomfortable.

(Bluebird) Oh, you like food, yeah?

(Steven) ...Sure...

(Bluebird) Well, sit tight, then. I'll be right back.

She flew off.

(Pearl) She just got here and is already exploring Earth cuisine.

She came back.

(Steven) What is this?

(Bluebird) Just some old Earth things. Clams, peanut butter, and a side of fresh cut grass. Please enjoy it. I'm begging you, please.

(Steven) Not hungry. No thanks.

(Bluebird) C'mon, please!

(Amethyst) I'll eat it.

She devoured everything on that plate, including the plate itself.

(Steven) Would you excuse me?

(Bluebird) Where ya going?

(Steven) I need some time alone for a moment.

(Bluebird) Oh, okay, then. You will be back, right?

(Steven) In a moment.

He went upstairs to his room. He was grabbing a device, something that'll be useful for him later, maybe. He came back downstairs after concealing the item he grabbed.

(Bluebird) Steven Univere. I got something for you.

She gave him a can of soda. Before he opened it, he felt something odd in the can. He knew what it was. He went off the sink and opened the can away from his face and exploded.

Some of it got on hin.

(Bluebird) How'd that 'appen?

(Steven) That is a good question. But we may never know.

He rolled his eyes and left to go upstairs and into his room.

The next day.

Steven's paranoia restricts him from believing this fusion is a good gem. They seemed genuine and was being nice to the gems and his father. Last night, she was watching a movie with him.

When he woke up and got ready for the day he heard screaming. He bursts out the front door and spots the fusion dangling Greg on top of the roof.

(Steven) I knew it...

(Bluebird) An era ago, there were two gems, celebrated for bringing in an informant of Homeworld's greatest traitor, but then they were cast out, forgotten, when the informant duped all of Homeworld into fearing him instead! Now they've come to Earth for their revenge! And forever shall he tue the names...

She unfused.

(Aquamarine) Aquamarine!

(Eyeball) And Ruby! It's always been us and you never knew!

(Steven) Yes, I did.

(Eyeball) Then, why didn't you attack us then, huh?

(Steven) Because I didn't have a reason to. And you should keep it that way for your own good...

(Aquamarine) Enough talking!

She grabbed Greg by his hair and Eyeball had her dagger close to his throat.

(Steven) Let him go! If you hurt him, I'll make you sorry that you stepped foot on this planet.

(Aquamarine) We know how much you value him, if you want him to be unharmed, you must meet our demands. Bubble your friends, destroy your house, and burn Little Homeworld to the ground!

(Eyeball) Do it!

(Steven) Never!

(Aquamarine) Then, he gets it!

(Greg) That's enough!

He snatched her dagger and roughly cut his hair to release him from Aquamarine's grip. He fell but Steven caught him before he hit the ground. Aquamarine was disgusted by his dead hair.

(Aquamarine) Ugh, disgusting!

She threw it to the ground and his Dad crawled to it and was sobbing. Steven looked up back at the two troublemakers and gave them an angry glare.

(Aquamarine) Uh oh!

(Eyeball) Run!

(Aquamarine) No! We have to fuse in order to beat him.

They fused and grabbed a sword from their gem(s).

(Bluebird) Come at me!

Steven climbed his way up to the roof and was avoiding the blade of her sword. It is difficult to someone who is wielding a sword without armor. Although, he does has that item he grabbed yesterday when he met Bluebird but he plans on using it when he has no other choice.

She zoomed towards him but he ducked, grabs her ankle and threw her forward. She hits the ground but he quickly picks her up to punch her back to the ground again. He kicks her off the roof and she lands roughly on the sand.

He jumps off and went for the offense but she flies backwards to avoid his brutal punches. She grabs another sword and was wielding one sword in each hand. She wildly swings her swords at him and he backs up to not get cut.

He kicks her away from and wasted no time grabbing her head to slam it into his knee, avoiding their gems, and sent them flying back.

(Bluebird) Oh. Bullocks! Gotta retreat!

She attempts to fly away. Steven grabs the item from his pocket. It was a copy of the finished device that Yellow Diamond worked on.

She adjusted the size of the weapon so he can conceal it from everyone else. He retrieved it the day he and Jasper argued. He fires a destabilization blast at Bluebird and poofs her.

Their gemstones fell but he caught them and pocketed them. Now, he has ten minutes to deal with them or else they'll reform and cause havoc again. He went to his father.

(Steven) I'm sorry, Dad.

(Greg) It's... (sniffs) It's alright, son. Did you get them?

He shows him the gemstones.

(Greg) What are you going to do to them?

(Steven) I'm going to lock them up.

(Greg) For cutting my hair? That's a bit extreme.

(Steven) Not exactly what my intentions were for. They'll be charged with assault and attempted murder. I can add the hair loss for damaging personal item.

(Greg) Heh, you do that.

(Steven) You going to be okay?

(Greg) Yeah, it's just... I wasn't planning on losing my hair so soon.

(Steven) I'm sorry. I should've stopped them when I first saw them.

(Greg) It's okay, Steven. You tried giving them a chance. I'm proud of you for trying to bury the hatchet. Even though they still turned out bad, at least you gave 'em an opportunity.

(Steven) Now, they'll be locked away for a long time, so they won't hurt anyone else.

Later

Steven locked the two gems in separate cells on Homeworld. These cells were specifically made to make it impossible for a gem to escape unless someone lets them out. Hopefully, they stay put and serve their sentence.

End of Chapter 33

Chapter 34: Rebellion

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was getting ready for a fight. He was just informed that Little Homeworld is under attack. He got his armor on and used the Warp Pad to quickly get there.

He Warps to there and finds Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst fighting these gems off while Peridot, Lapis, Spinel, and Bismuth were protecting any bystanders. Steven joined the fight and quickly finished it. All but one gem was poofed, it was an amethyst.

Steven grabbed her throat and lifts her in the air with one arm.

(Steven) Who are you?

(Rebel) A nobody because of you.

(Steven) Why were you and the others attacking this place?

(Rebel) This place ruined everything of what Homeworld used to be. It's sickening!

(Steven) Who is your leader?

(Rebel) I will say no more.

(Steven) Then, we're done talking.

He pulls her gem out to quickly poof her. The others were grabbing the gemstones of the fallen enemies.

(Steven) Don't bubble them. Give them to me so I can take them to Homeworld for interrogation.

(Spinel) Ooh, I'll go, too.

(Steven) Are you sure?

(Spinel) Yep! Plus, I want some more of those clouds Blue has.

(Steven) Let's go.

Steven was given the gemstones.

At Homeworld.

Spinel was explaining the situation to the Diamonds while Steven was locking the gems up in individual cells. Each time one of them reformed, he took them to a room to interrogate them with the Diamonds and Spinel watching. White Diamond told Steven that he was allowed to use any means neccessary to interrogate.

Steven said the one thing he won't do is shatter. This got the Diamonds attention, they usually threaten to use their powers or shatter to interrogate. Since Steven doesn't have powers, this'll be interesting to watch.

They were behind a two-way window where only the Diamonds could see in the room and Steven and the rebel can't see them. The gem was sitting down on a chair with Steven standing front of her with a table between them.

(Steven) You're one of the gems who attacked Little Homeworld today. If you tell me you're reason why, you might go back to your cell without pain.

(Rebel) Heh, you don't scare me. You ain't like the Diamonds.

He gripped her collar and yanked her close to his face as he was looking at her straight in the eyes.

(Steven) There's two ways we can do this. Both of them hurt. Why did you attack Little Homeworld?

(Rebel) U-uh, I don't know... I was just following orders.

(Steven) From whom?

(Rebel) Our general. But she's not the leader, I promise!

He dropped her back in the chair. He grabbed the back of her neck and forced her out of the chair and back to her cell. He brought in another gem rebel.

(Steven) Are you the general of the group that attacked Little Homeworld?

(Rebel) No.

(Steven) Do you know why you attacked Little Homeworld?

(Rebel) No, and even if I did, why should I tell you?

(Steven) Because if I don't get answers, then you'll be locked up longer.

After Steven switched for another rebel. This time, he was going to be more intimidating, and this gem was already timid when he grabbed her. He pushed to the ground and pinned her there with his foot.

(Steven) Are you the general or are you one of the scumbags that attacked Little Homeworld today?

(Rebel) N-no! But I didn't want to do it! T-they said they would've shattered me if I didn't help! Please, don't hurt me!

(Steven) Then, you better show me who the general is.

(Rebel) If I-I show you, I won't get hurt?

(Steven) No promises.

He gets her on her feet and she guides him to the general. Once she lead him to the general, he puts her back in her cell and grabs the general and took her back to the room. This time, he has her against the wall and both hands gripping at her collar.

(Steven) I was told you're the general who lead the assualt on Little Homeworld today. Who is your commander?

(General) You got nothing on me. You can't prove that I do.

(Steven) I don't need to...

His voice dropped to a low tone.

(Steven) Now, WHO IS SHE?!

His outburst made the Diamonds and Spinel flinched.

(General) Jasper! It's Jasper!

(Steven) Which one?

(General) The one from Earth! The perfect cut!

(Steven) Thank you.

He went to take her back to her cell.

(Yellow Diamond) Well... that was interesting.

(Spinel) I never seen him get that angry before.

(Blue Diamond) Neither did I.

(White Diamond) I-It doesn't matter. What matters is that there's a rebellion and we know who the commander.

(Yellow Diamond) Looks like we have another war in our hands.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, stars! What if it'll be like last time? What if Steven dies? What would we do then?

(White Diamond) Steven is not going to die. And we're not helpless. If Steven happens to... die, we would try to carry on without him and do what he would do.

(Yellow Diamond) If he's able to fight me, without weapons, and win, then it's going to take more than an army to defeat him.

(White Diamond) He's not invincible either.

(Spinel) Yeah, I should know from experience.

(The Diamonds) Experience?

(Spinel) Oh, I meant, I was told that he has lost a few battles before. I definitely did not try to kill him about 3 weeks ago...

(White Diamond) Back on the topic, we need to brace ourselves for another war and we're not going to shatter our enemies. Steven wouldn't like that.

(Blue Diamond) What are we going to do?

(White Diamond) We're going to discuss about this rebellion when Steven returns.

Steven just came back.

(White Diamond) Steven, we wish to speak with you.

(Steven) What is it about?

(White Diamond) About the rebellion.

End of Chapter 34

Chapter 35: The Fire Rises

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Steven) What about the rebellion?

(White Diamond) This rebellion will go to war and we are worried about it.

(Steven) As long as we work together fight when the moment is right, we should be able to win it. Don't send any of your soldiers. You might need them to guard the Palace and Homeworld itself. They'll mostly target Earth and me.

(Blue Diamond) What about you?

(Steven) I can protect myself. I'll be fine. Me and the Crystal Gems will handle this war. You need to make sure Homeworld doesn't lose control and make sure nobody lets any of the prisoners out. Come on, Spinel.

(Spinel) All right.

She bounced over to him and followed him to the Warp Pad.

(Spinel) So, what are we gonna do now?

(Steven) First we need to inform the others about the commander and we need to be ready for another assault.

They Warped back to Earth.

On Earth

They got there and went to search for the gems. Little Homeworld is still in ruins from the recent attack and is going to take some time to repair the damages. Steven and Spinel couldn't find anyone.

Strange, they left here about 30 minutes ago and the gems were still trying to see if anyone was hurt. Now, there's not a single gem to be seen.

(Spinel) Where is everyone?

(Steven) I don't kn--

(???) I'm giving you one last chance.

Steven and Spinel went quiet after hearing that. Steven knew who it was

(Steven) Jasper.

He walked to where he heard the voice but made sure to stay out of sight with Spinel right behind him. He spotted the brute circling Lapis and had a few gems holding Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, and Bismuth down.

(Jasper) Lapis, if you fuse with me, we can rule this planet. Restore Homeworld back to what it used to be.

(Lapis) No! I like Homeworld what it is now and I like this planet. What happened between us wasn't good.

(Jasper) That human has influenced you more than I thought. Look around you, Lapis! Our entire race used to conquer planet after planet. Now, we've been reduced to living in harmony. It's disrespectful to those who earned what they had before Steven came to Homeworld.

(Lapis) Steven saved all of those who were suffering from Homeworld's tyranny.

(Jasper) They are weak. He saved those weaklings from getting the shattering that they deserve.

(Lapis) That, right there, is what Steven fights. And when he gets here, he'll make you sorry!

(Jasper) (chuckles) Yeah, sure.

She walks to Peridot.

(Jasper) I bet he changed your point of view, too. Tell me, how did he presuae you into joining his side?

(Peridot) He... intimidate me at first but showed me compassion.

(Jasper) If he scares you, then you will definitely fear for what I could do to you.

She grasped Peridot's throat and lifts her up in the air.

(Lapis) Stop! Put her down, please!

(Jasper) Oh, come on. Why do you care about her? She imprisoned you, just like how you were imprisoned from before.

(Lapis) Because it was nothing personal. Unlike you with fusion.

Jasper added pressure to Peridot's form. She was speaking to everyone now.

(Jasper) This is what happens when you let Steven Universe get to you. He gets into your mind and changes everything you know and will reduce you to a sniveling fool! Now, I'm going to show you what I do to these weaklings.

She was about to grasped Peridot's gem to crush it.

(Steven) No!

He jumps out of hiding to jump on Jasper's back to make her let go of Peridot. She drops Peridot but she used her hands to throw Steven off of her. Peridot was immediately seized by the soldiers.

(Jasper) Finally, you arrived.

(Lapis) Steven, run--

She was grabbed by Jasper and she was covering her mouth.

(Jasper) Stay right there or I will shatter her. I know you won't be able to live with yourself if you're responsible for a gem's shattering.

Steven halted.

(Steven) Let her go!

(Jasper) We need to discuss something.

(Steven) Let. Her. Go!

(Jasper) You claim to be better than me. Well, I think it's because you fought the Diamonds and lived. I bet you used cheap tatics to win.

(Steven) Or maybe I'm skilled and you're not.

Jasper tightened her grip on Lapis.

(Jasper) If you want me to let her go, them you must follow my orders. Get on your knees, now!

Before Steven protested, he saw Spinel getting ready to slingshot herself at Jasper to make her let Lapis go. Nobody sees her except him and he is going to play along until he signals her to attack. He gets on his knees and placed his hands behind his head.

(Jasper) Good. Tie him down.

Two gems went to cuff him. When they got close to him, he shouted,

(Steven) Now!

Spinel slingshots herself with a fist hitting Jasper directly in the face. With the two gems distracted with the attack from Spinel, Steven sweeps them off their feet and poofs them by hitting them hard enough with his foot. Lapis flies of Jasper's grip and Spinel flips towards Steven.

(Jasper) Get them!

Steven and Spinel were surrounded.

(Spinel) This is gonna hurt... for them.

They both had their backs against each other's. A gem charged at Steven but Spinel jumped over him to strike at the assailant with her feet. Steven gets a critical hit at a gem who tried attacking Spinel.

Steven and Spinel looked at each other.

(Spinel) I have an idea. Grab my ankles.

She does a handstand and he listened to her. Spinel brought her fists together like a hammer and Steven figured out what grabbing her ankles was for. He used Spinel as a weapon against the gems who attacked them.

The Crystal Gems were still being held down by the soldiers.

(Steven) Go help them. I'll take care of this.

She nods. He chucks Spinel at them so she can fight the gems and free the Crystal Gems. Steven jumps over an enemy gem and delivers a powerful punch into her back, making her fall over.

Another tried punching him, straight up, but he ducked, grabbed her arm, and uppercuts. He grabs the gem he punched eariler and tossed her at the other gem. Jasper charged at him, gets a good shove to make him lose his balence.

She grabs and punches him a few meters away. He attempts to get up but she kicked him to on his back and grasped his throat.

(Steven) (choking)

He tried making her let go of his throat but she was too strong. She grins when she realizes that he's struggling. She punches him directly to the stomach, then to the face, and right back to the stomach.

His nose was bleeding.

(Spinel) Steven!

She tried to get to him but Jasper kicks her away.

(Jasper) Look who's inferior now.

She punches him.

(Jasper) Look who's being beaten now

She hits him again.

(Jasper) You think you're so tough that you can handle anything, right?

She continues hitting him until she felt satisfied.

(Jasper) You're beaten. Come on, say it!

He gags a little before responding.

(Steven) Never...

He was punished by getting a punch to the face.

(Jasper) Come on, just give up! You've lost.

(Spinel) No!

She got behind Jasper and tripped her. She drops Steven and was dragging him away from her. Spinel had freed the other and they fought off the rebels.

Only Jasper and a few rebels were all that was left.

(Jasper) Retreat to the ship.

She looked at Steven.

(Jasper) You got off easy.

She retreats with the rest of her soldiers and they left.

(Spinel) Steven, are you alright?

(Steven) I'm fine...

She helps him up.

(Steven) Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, take them to Homeworld holding cells. I need a moment to rest.

(Peridot) Steven, we should take a look at you and examine you're body.

(Steven) I'm fin--

(Lapis) No, you're not. Your face has bruises all over it.

(Steven) Fine. I'll have someone take a look at it. Just get these rebels out of here.

At the Doctor

(Priyanka) Well, the good news is that these wounds can be healed. The bad news is you have a concussion and your nose is about broken. I advise you to rest for about a week or else you'll been having long-term damage to your brain. You should put some ice on your head for a few minutes when it gets too hot. Also, what have you been doing to receive this type of beating?

(Steven) Like I told you, I get in a lot of fights.

(Priyanka) Well, you either need to protect yourself a lot more than you normally do or not fight at all. If you keep damaging your brain like this, you'll eventually be brain dead and possibly bleed to death internally.

(Steven) Is there anything else I should be worried about?

(Priyanka) Well, you need to start taking medication to reduce your headaches and pain. And you need a helmet to protect your head if you insist on fighting more.

(Steven) Okay, are we done?

(Priyanka) Yes.

She hands him a pill bottle.

(Priyanka) Take two a day.

(Steven) I will.

He goes to leave.

End of Chapter 35

Chapter 36: Deployment

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was still recovering from the beating he was given about 3 days ago. Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst was discussing about what was the next move.

(Garnet) We need to find Jasper's base so we can invade it and defeat them. Otherwise they'll keep coming back stronger until they get what they want.

(Amethyst) What is their objective?

(Garnet) My guess is to rebuild Era-2. Though, this whole rebellion could be that she has a bone to pick with us, especially Steven. She is known to resort to anything to get what she wants.

(Pearl) Her last encounter with him nearly hospitalized him. He's not like us.

(Amethyst) No dip. What can we do now?

(Garnet) Right now, we stay alert and ready for another assault. Little Homeworld is under lockdown for the safety of innocent gems until this rebellion is dealt with. We also need to keep an eye on Steven so he can recover properly. Peridot and Spinel are taking shifts to watch over him while he rests. He should be back on his feet at the end of the week. What we need to do is request some deployment of Homeworld's best defenses so we can defend Little Homeworld and the Temple.

(Pearl) Bismuth is upgrading our weapons and creating a weapon for Spinel. Lapis is checking the skies and would give us a warning if they're coming back. We should be fine up until Steven recovers. I'll go to Homeworld and request the deployment.

(Garnet) Me and Amethyst will make room for the defense.

(Amethyst) All right, good talk team. Let's go.

They went to do what they need to do.

Back to Steven.

(Peridot) Steven, do you need anything? Food, water, anything?

(Steven) No, I'm good.

(Peridot) You sure? You haven't ate in over 2 days.

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) Okay...

[Awkward Silence]

(Peridot) So... Do you want to know that latest of what's going on?

(Steven) Sure.

He sits up. He rubs his head.

(Peridot) So, Bismuth is updating the other's weapons and creating a brand new one for Spinel. Lapis is making sure we aren't getting caught unaware like last time. And the others are getting defenses to protect Little Homeworld and here. That's basically it. They said we shouldn't get caught unaware like last time.

(Steven) Good.

(Knocking)

(Spinel) [Behind door] Peridot, it's my turn.

(Peridot) All right. See you later, Steven.

She opened the door and Spinel jumped in and sat down on Steven's workbench, luckily he hasn't worked on anything for awhile so it's empty.

(Spinel) Hiya, Stevie. How's your head?

(Steven) Better.

(Spinel) So, do ya need anything?

(Steven) I'm fine at the moment.

Spinel was bored now.

(Spinel) So, you wanna talk?

(Steven) About what?

(Spinel) I dunno. Anything.

(Steven) I do actually want to ask you something but I'm not sure if you're comfortable to answer it.

(Spinel) It's okay, you can ask me anything.

(Steven) I wanted to know... why did you wanted to kill me?

(Spinel) Huh?

(Steven) I just wanted to know your reason. I figured it was because I changed Homeworld.

Spinel was silent.

(Steven) I'm sorry, I retract my question.

(Spinel) No, I just wasn't expecting that. I'll answer it.

She cleared her throat, even though she doesn't have one.

(Spinel) When that message was sent to all communications, I thought I was hallucinating and my mind was playing tricks on me. Until it repeated itself. I-I felt lost... Pink Diamond was "shattered" and ran away to her planet as a new gem. And sh-she told me that she would come back... 6000 years ago. She said I should wait and I did. I felt like I lost my purpose. Whenever a gem lost their purpose, they either got shattered or moved to a new Diamond. I was scared to go back because I thought, "Who would want a spinel who did her job poorly?". So, instead of going back to let them do that, I was going to do it myself... (sniffs) I thought it was going take the pain away and I did... until I reformed and discovered that I missed... I-I w-was so angry and sad that I couldn't even shatter myself correctly. Then, I listened to that message again and again until I memorized it. I felt vengeful... then I heard about you... Steven Universe: Homeworld Savior. A hero that saves everyone. I-I was angry from hearing that. I asked myself "If he's such a great hero, then why didn't he save me? Why wasn't I saved?". S-so I thought I had to punish you... (chuckles) I hardly knew you and I wanted to kill you... Of course, I couldn't just attack you, I needed something to use against you since you're quite a fighter. So I spent 2 months getting the injector, the poison, and the rejuvenator, and learning everything about you.

(Steven) Learning everything about me?

(Spinel) Y-yeah. I sorta watched you for weeks and watched you sleep and learn so many things. And other gems were spreading the news and telling stories about you. I basically stalked you. Then, when I had everything, I just took the injector and was coming for you. My main goal was to show you that there was no such thing as a hero that saves everyone. When I first heard about you, I thought you were going to be one of those heroes who do heroic things for glory and notoriety. But after spending a day with you, you proved me wrong.

She lets a single tear down her face.

(Spinel) (giggles) It's funny.

(Steven) What?

(Spinel) When I was upset and anrgy, I wanted someone to take me seriously. When I got here, the gems didn't, especially Pearl. Out of everyone, you were the first who took me seriously, and I was wanting to kill you. (Chuckles) I was so blind by my anger that I didn't notice until you talked to me on the injector. I was so stupid.

(Steven) You weren't stupid, you were just hurt badly.

(Spinel) Y'know that's what I like about you. If I insult myself, you tell me that I'm wrong. You always make it seem like I'm not guilty of anything, and I don't even deserve it.

(Steven) Pink was responsible for leaving you behind like that. You were told to stay, which means that what happened wasn't your fault. Pink did so many things that were executed poorly.

(Spinel) You're right...

They haven't said anything for a little bit. Then, she spoke again,

(Spinel) Thank you...

(Steven) You're welcome...

End of Chapter 36

Chapter 37: A Lost Boy

Warning: This chapter contains Attempted Suicide and Graphic Description. Read at your own risk.

Flashback Chapter (Expect more of these).

3rd Person P.O.V.

A boy was all alone in a cardboard box that was bigger than him. A scrawny, 8 year old boy who hasn't ate in about 3 days. He doesn't remember what happened in his life that lead him to this.

But he does remember what happened to him during these times. He lives in an alley, expecting to live like this for the rest of his life. One night, two drunk men found him.

He never knew why they did what they did to him. Either because they mistaken him for a giant doll or they just wanted to hurt somebody. They kicked him, spit at him, and one of them held him down while the other one took a knife and cuts his arms and legs.

The man was about to slit his throat and started at his collarbone but they fleed when someone heard the boy screaming for help. They left the boy beaten and bloody. He checked to see if anyone was going to help him, no one was around.

He crawled back to his cardboard box home to hide from the men incase they came back. His scars became infected but there was nothing he could do about it. The pain hurts him so bad, he cries himself to sleep every night.

Bloodstains were on the box, he bleed while he slept that night. One day, he found a gun in the trashcan when he was looking for food. It was loaded and had one bullet.

He thought about using it. He either uses it to end it all right here right now, or he doesn't use it and will die due to either the infections on his scars or from starvation. He picks the gun up, it was heavy.

He points the barrel at the side of his head. His hands were shaking and tears were going down his face. He had his finger on the trigger and--

(???) HEY, STOP!

He dropped the gun. He turns around to see a figure at the end of the alley, watching him. He crawled backwards away from the figure out of fear.

The figure walks over, picks up the gun. They unloaded it, pulled the hammer back and tossed it in the trashcan. They walked closer to the boy, he held his arms up, afraid they were going to punish him with physical violence.

(???) What were you thinking?

It was a woman. She looked like she was in her mid twenties and skinny, not as skinny as the boy. She had an umbrella and wearing a trenchcoat.

The boy was scared, he didn't know what to do. Tears were in his eyes and he was cold. The woman saw the look in his eyes.

She gasped when she saw the scars and bruises.

(???) Come on, let me take you somewhere safe.

She offered him her hand. He was hesitant to take it, he eventually grasped her hand and she helps the boy on his feet. He was shaking, either from the cold or fear.

She continued to hold his hand as she took him to her car and she drove him to her home. When they got there, she offered him dinner but he was afraid of eating if it were to anger her. She saw his fear and assured him that he had the right to eat.

He ate but he tried not to look needy. He ate the food she offered but he still was hungry, he hasn't had a proper meal in months. She didn't mind.

Later that night, she helped clean the infection out of his scars and bandaged them. She gave him a warm bed in the guest room. He couldn't sleep though, he didn't want to be left alone.

She stayed with him, sat down next to him on the bed.

(???) What's your name?

(Steven) Steven...

(???) That's a nice name.

(Steven) What's your name?

(???) My name is Phoebe. How old are you?

(Steven) 8. How old are you?

(Phoebe) I'm 37. Where are your parents?

(Steven) I don't know...

(Phoebe) Do you have any brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, grandpas?

(Steven) No... I'm scared...

(Phoebe) Of what?

(Steven) I-I don't know... I'm sorry...

He was shaking. She felt sorry for him. She thought of an idea.

She was going to sing him a song, one she was sung to whenever she was scared.

(Phoebe) 🎶 Never mind the darkness... Never mind the storm... Never mind the blood red moon... The night will be over soon... The night will be over soon... Brush away your sorrows... Brush away your tears... Sing away your heavy heart... The night will be over soon... The night will be over soon... For every night goes quiet... And every moon, grows blue... Beyond the dark, comes something new... The sun will be rising soon... The sun will be rising soon... The sun will be rising soon... 🎶

He was asleep when she finished. Her voice was quite soothing and angelic. She covers him with a blanket and left him to rest peacefully.

8 years later

Steven was getting better. He wasn't scrawny anymore and is getting his strength back. He is starting to lose his fear of being alone.

The scars on his body has healed but not all the way, they still leave a mark on him. Phoebe offered him to help make him stronger and to defend himself, he accepts. She starts by teaching him the basics of self defense.

He was getting the hang of it, slowly perfecting his movements and performance. He eventually progressed to offense. He also learned some moves that requires you to be a acrobat.

He also learned how to fight with and against weapons. Swords, knifes, staffs, baseball bats, shields, scythes, maces, axes, etc. Phoebe was proud that he has improved.

He asked her how did she know of these moves. She said that she was a MMA teacher who did her work for free. She did earn money, not a lot but a decent amount.

She was a widow as well, her husband passed away about a long time ago. He died from a car crash, she survived but was devastated from the aftermath. He asked her if she had children, she said no.

One thing she noticed about Steven was that he refused to do any move that would kill someone. He said he never wanted to kill anyone, she respected that. Speaking about Steven, he has been respecting her household and treats himself as if he was lower than her.

She felt flattered at first but was concerned about Steven thinking so little about himself. She had a talk with him, telling him that he doesn't owe her anything for what she done for him. He asked her why, she said that she was showing him compassion.

It was inspiring to him, he wanted to be like her. They lived peacefully for a while. Until a bad day occurred.

It started with Phoebe going to the doctor. She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Steven was worried.

They don't have enough money for appointments and treatment. Steven tried of thinking of ways to help earn them money but they're all futile and he's still a boy, he can't do much. She appreciated his concern and was wanting to rest until she thinks of what to do before she passed.

She was getting weaker and weaker as the days went on. One night, she died in her sleep, Steven didn't find out until he went to check on her. He cried until his eyes couldn't produce more tears.

He eventually buried her in the backyard with a shovel. Only thing he has left of her was her crucifix. He knew he couldn't stay at the house forever because with Phoebe gone, nobody can pay the house payment.

He didn't want to wait around for that to happen. So, he packed a bag with supplies and left. He can probably survive out on his own again, he's done it before and he can do it again.

He traveled around Beach City, looking for a place for a homeless boy. It was dark out and not a lot of places were open. Mayor Dewey was patrolling the town, he can hear his vehicle shouting, "Mayor Dewey!" on the speaker.

He spent about two weeks on his own and he was doing better than last time. At least he can defend himself from anyone who wants to hurt him. One night, he saw a concert was about to start, starring Greg Universe.

He snuck into the concert without a ticket, hoped no one would noticed but that is hard since nobody else attended the concert except a woman with pink hair and a white dress. Greg Universe sung a song he called "Space Train to the Cosmos". The song was nice, at least he thought it was nice.

When it was over, Greg Universe went to the merch table and said he'd give out one T-shirt of his logo for free. The pink hair woman got to the table first and Steven waited patiently behind her. Steven was interested in a shirt, the mysterious woman picks up a CD.

(Rose Quartz) "Space Train To The Cosmos".

(Greg) Yeah. 🎶 One-way ticket and I'm ready to ri-i-de 🎶

(Rose Quartz) (Chuckling) Oh. But how will you get back?

(Greg) Back?

(Rose Quartz) Back to Earth?

(Greg) I'm never coming back.

(Rose Quartz) Ugh, that's awful! This is your home.

(Greg) Uh... you want that?

He pointed at the CD.

(Greg) You can have it.

(Rose Quartz) Hmm?

(Greg) Oh, and it comes with a free T-shirt. You'll probably need a bigger one. I've got an extra extra-large.

He hands her the shirt.

(Rose Quartz) Thank you.

(Greg) Will I, uh, see you next time I do a performance?

(Rose Quartz) Sure, if you continue to do them here.

(Greg) I will. See ya around.

(Rose Quartz) Farewell.

She left. Steven was next.

(Greg) Oh, I didn't notice you. Um, you're here for a free shirt right?

(Steven) Yes.

(Greg) Okay, you're probably need a medium.

He goes through a box and finds one.

(Greg) Aha! Here we go. Hey, you're looking a little young. Where's your parents?

(Steven) I don't have any.

(Greg) Oh... Any guardians?

(Steven) No.

(Greg) Oh. Um, listen if you need a home, I can call child services for you.

(Steven) No, they won't help.

(Greg) Okay... Umm... what's your plan?

(Steven) I don't have one for the moment.

(Greg) Hey, you can actually live at my house when I build it.

(Steven) Building a house?

(Greg) Yeah, I got the stuff to build one. I just need to find a perfect spot to build one. I could use some help.

(Steven) You want me to help you build a house?

(Greg) Well, no. I'm just saying, if you need a roof over your head, you can help me build one.

(Steven) Sure. I guess I could live there.

(Greg) It won't be pretty but it's better than nothing.

5 weeks later

The house was complete, Greg found the perfect spot for it. He talked to the pink hair woman about if he could put the house next to the mountain and cave entrance. Steven and Greg worked hard to complete it.

Greg and Steven had a talk and after it, a decision was made. Greg is adopting Steven, legally. They were going to get the adoption papers tomorrow.

Greg also planned on introducing Steven to the woman he met at the concert. Steven can. tell that he likes her, very much. Hopefully, she is a nice lady.

End of Chapter 37

Chapter 38: Meeting Someone New

Flashback Chapter

3rd Person P.O.V.

Greg had Steven get ready to meet the woman he spoke about at the concert. He said her name is Rose Quartz, It's a strange name. Though, Steven wouldn't judge her on her name.

Greg said she and her friends were living at the cave entrance of the mountain they live next to. A bit weird to live in but he's lived in worse places. He and Greg were on their way over there.

(Greg) Okay, Steven, so Rose and her friends are nothing you've seen before. I mean, they're nice but they don't look like any of person.

(Steven) I'm certain I'm prepared for it.

(Greg) I hope so.

They got to the area. Greg spoke out,

(Greg) Rose? Rose, I brought Steven. The person I mentioned last night. The human whose the exact height as me.

(Steven) Is she shy?

(Greg) Little bit. But she's really enthusiastic.

What confused him is when he said "human". Why would he say that? Isn't she a human? Before he spoke to Greg about it, he bumps into someone.

(Rose Quartz) Hello.

Steven turns around and saw her. She looks exactly what she looks like last time he saw her. Now that he got a good look at her, she looks a little bit like Phoebe.

Except Phoebe never wore white dresses, had pink hair, and wasn't 8 feet tall.

(Rose Quartz) You must be Steven. Greg's offspring.

(Steven) Not biologically. But, I guess you could say that. I take it, you're Rose Quartz?

(Rose Quartz) Indeed.

He noticed her stomach had some sort of rock, a pink rock.

(Rose Quartz) Is something the matter?

(Steven) No... It's just that thing in your stomach area.

(Rose Quartz) Oh, you mean my gem. Why, do you not like it?

(Steven) No, it's just strange...

Greg got close to Steven and whispered in his ear.

(Greg) Did I mention that they aren't human?

(Steven) No.

To be honest, this sounds like something that would happen on a TV show, or a movie, or a book. Steven was keeping calm in this situation.

(Rose Quartz) It's nice to meet another human. Greg has spoke about you before. Said you were tough and brilliant.

(Steven) Those do sound like the qualities I have.

(Greg) Where's your friends?

(Rose Quartz) Oh, they're in the Temple. They said they wouldn't be interested in one human.

(Steven) Fine by me.

(Rose Quartz) But he also said that you would be a great member of our team.

(Steven) Team? What team?

(Rose Quartz) The Crystal Gems. We fight for the planet's independence.

(Steven) From whom?

(Rose Quartz) Our home world. It is a very bad place, we fought for this planet because of the beauty of life it contains. And you're one of them.

(Steven) Thank you?

(Rose Quartz) Back on topic, Greg said you would fit in just fine.

(Steven) How so?

(Rose Quartz) He said you're good fighter.

(Greg) Well, he told me he is a good fighter and I believed him.

(Rose Quartz) And that you're resourceful, which is a good combination.

(Steven) I'm not sure your friends would like me on your team.

(Rose Quartz) But you haven't even met them.

(Steven) Yet they wouldn't want to waste time meeting a human.

(Rose Quartz) Oh, they'll come around. Just give them time. They had it rough for the last 2,000 years. Besides, we could always use more help.

(Steven) Are you certain?

(Rose Quartz) Yes. But we have to prove if you're prepared for the war.

(Steven) War?

(Rose Quartz) Yes, we're at war with our home world. If we lose, then Earth is doomed.

(Steven) What type of tests are you going to give me?

(Rose Quartz) Mostly physical tests. Humans are fragile compared to us, so we need to make sure you're capable of surviving.

Later

Rose had her friends set up tests for Steven after their introduction. They were a bit reluctant at first, but Rose convinced them. So far, Steven has passed each obstacle he was given without problem.

Last test was going to test his combat. He was going to fight Rose and her friends. He was told they won't go easy on him and he said, "Fine".

(Rose Quartz) Ready, Steven?

(Steven) Yes.

(Rose Quartz) Ready, Pearl?

(Pearl) Always.

(Rose Quartz) Ready, Garnet?

(Garnet) Ready.

(Rose Quartz) Ready, Amethyst?

(Amethyst) Yep.

(Rose Quartz) Fight!

Amethyst tried whipping him with her whip. He moved to the side and grabbed a hold of her whip. He gave it a hard yank which sent her flying towards him.

He ducked and she flew over him and hits a rock behind him. Pearl jumps up high to attack from abive with her spear. Steven jumps back, she lands and was swinging her spear in a calculated manner.

After a few swings from Pearl, Steven grabbed her spear, pushed her back, and broke the spear over his knee.

(Pearl) (gasp) What? How?

She grabs another spear and before she could attack him with it, Steven kicks her back. Garnet comes in and tried throwing a fist at him. He caughts it but with two hands.

He moved her fist away from him and jumps over her. He kicks at her lower back. Amethyst comes back but Steven caught her, crushes her into a ball, and throws her at Garnet.

Rose enters the fight and threw a punch, she did it halfheartedly on purpose. Steven catches it and threw her over his shoulder.

(Rose Quartz) (Chuckling) That was fun.

Pearl tried attacking him from behind but Steven quickly moved and grabbed her neck with one hand and her waist with another. He lifts her in the arm for a few seconds before throwing her at the ground with extreme force. Pearl quickly retreats to Rose.

(Pearl) Rose, are you all right?

(Rose Quartz) Yes, I'm having fun.

(Pearl) Do you think Rainbow Quartz would help in this fight?

(Rose Quartz) Well, I don't know. It would be unfair for him.

(Pearl) Rose, he's practically throwing us around. If anything, it could even the odds.

(Rose Quartz) Okay...

They fused. After Steven was defending himself from Garnet and Amethyst, he noticed the fusion.

(Steven) You have got to be kidding me...

Steven and the fusion circled each other.

(Steven) I didn't think you would do this.

(Rainbow Quartz) Well, we thought since you're too fast, maybe this will even the odds.

(Steven) We'll see about that.

The fusion attacked but he jumps over her. He did it again when she turned around. He kept doing this to annoy her.

(Rainbow Quartz) C'mon Steven!

(Steven) Fine.

He punched behind her knee, blocked her punch, elbowed her face, grabbed her head and slammed it to his knee which knocked her back a little bit. He walked over to her and placed his foot on her throat to keep her to the ground. Garnet and Amethyst kept their distance from him, not wanting anymore physical violence from him.

(Rainbow Quartz) (chokes) Okay, you win.

He removed his foot from her throat and she unfused.

(Pearl) (panting) Impossible... We've been defeated by a human... a human...

(Rose Quartz) (panting) That was so much fun.

(Amethyst) Yeah, if getting your butt kicked like no one has before.

(Garnet) An unsee turn of events.

(Steven) How did I do?

(Rose Quartz) Phenomenal! Flawless! Spectacular!

(Pearl) You're not seriously going to let him be one of us, right?

(Rose Quartz) Pearl, he just demonstrated that he's superior than us. Superior than Rainbow Quartz.

(Pearl) Yes, but--

(Rose Quartz) Steven, why don't you get some rest while we discuss about your recruitment?

(Steven) Okay.

He left

End of Chapter 38

Chapter 39: To Be a Diamond

Flashback

3rd Person P.O.V.

A new day arises on Homeworld. Pink was in the tower, again. She was being punished for what she did yesterday.

She asked Yellow if she could have a colony. Yellow said, "no" Pink didn't like that. She threw a tantrum and cracked the floor in the Palace and her pearl, too.

Yellow slapped her and tossed her into the tower. The floor in the Palace was being repaired, it was going to take some time. As for her pearl, she was given to White and White gave Pink her pearl.

Pink eventually was let out by Blue, only a few hours early.

(Blue Diamond) Shh! Yellow doesn't know I'm doing this. Just stay in your room and I'll tell her that I let you out when your time is up.

Blue wasn't better than Yellow. While she doesn't punish Pink like Yellow does, she punishes her with her emotional powers, making her feel sad and worthless. Pink was hesitant but she guess being locked in her room was better than the tower.

Pink was in her room, her pearl was waiting for her.

(Pearl) My Diamond, you've returned!

(Pink Diamond) ...

(Pearl) Is everything okay, my Diamond?

(Pink Diamond) Yellow put me in the tower again.

(Pearl) Oh... Was it about a colony again?

(Pink Diamond) Yes... I don't get it. Only a Diamond is allowed to get a colony and Yellow, Blue, and White have countless colonies but I don't have one...

(Pearl) Maybe it's because of your outbursts?

(Pink Diamond) What?

(Pearl) They don't think you deserve one because of your outbursts and the damage you inflicted on the Palace.

(Pink Diamond) Maybe you're right. But I have been patient for decades. Anytime I try to do something different, I get thrown in the tower and left to desolate for days before they let me out.

(Pearl) I know, my Diamond.

(Pink Diamond) (sighs) What am I going to do? If I'm not an common gem, then I should be treated like a Diamond. I am a Diamond, why won't they let me establish a colony?! Maybe then, I'll be better...

She sighs in frustration. Anger boiling up inside, she wanted to scream or hit something but if she did, Yellow will hear and Pink would be found and tossed back into the tower for a week. Why was she treated this way?

Was it because she was the weaker Diamond? Was it because she wanted to be something different than a warlord? She has questions that'll never be answered.

She heard footsteps approaching her door. The door opens and Blue walked in.

(Blue Diamond) Pink, why don't you play with Spinel in the Garden?

(Pink Diamond) Why? Wouldn't Yellow see me?

(Blue Diamond) Yellow is busy with something. I know you don't like being locked up in your room for long.

(Pink Diamond) Okay...

She went to the door.

(Pearl) Farewell, my Diamond!

At the Garden.

The Warp Pad illuminates and Pink steps out of it.

(Spinel) Pink! You're back!

She bounces over to her playmate.

(Pink Diamond) Hello, Spinel. What have you been up to while I was gone?

(Spinel) Oh, nothing much. Just waiting for you to come back. So, what game are we going to play today?

(Pink Diamond) Hmm... How about Hide and Seek?

(Spinel) Hide and Seek?! Great! I'll be it!

She covers her eyes and started counting.

(Spinel) One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight.... Nine... Ten! Ready or not, here I come!

She went to search for her best friend. She checked behind pillar #4 but she wasn't there. She checked pillars #7 and #2 but she wasn't there either.

(Spinel) Hmm? Oh, I know where she is!

She quickly jumps over to the fountain to find Pink hiding inside the water, again.

(Spinel) I found you!

Pink comes out of her hiding spot.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, my turn.

Pink put her hands on her eyes and counted while Spinel was giggling. She wanted to find a unique spot that Pink would never find her. She bounced on top of pillar #1 and watched Pink search for her.

Hours passed and Pink eventually gave up.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, Spinel, you win.

Spinel came out of hiding but made sure Pink didn't see her so she can hide there next time.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, Spinel, lets--

[BEEP]

[BEEP]

It was a communicator that was placed in the Garden for emergency purposes. Pink answered it and it was Yellow and Blue.

[Communicator] (Blue Diamond) Pink, we have to speak with you.

(Pink Diamond) About what?

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) We have been discussing about you getting a colony.

(Pink Diamond) A colony?!

(Spinel) (gasp) A new place to play!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Your colony will be the Earth.

[Communicator] (Blue Diamond) You are to be very careful and responsible for your colony, understand?

(Pink Diamond) Yes, Blue.

The communicator turned off.

(Spinel) Come on, Pink! Let's go to Earth so we can play!

(Pink Diamond) Uh, Spinel, you need to stay here.

She went to the Warp Pad with Spinel following her. Pink held her hand out as sign language for Spinel to stop. She proceeded back to the Warp Pad but Spinel was still following her.

Pink turned around.

(Pink Diamond) No, no, no, Spinel. You have to stay here.

(Spinel) Huh? Why?

(Pink Diamond) Because... Because I need to make sure the Earth is safe for us to play. You don't want us to play in a dangerous environment, do you?

(Spinel) No, that won't be fun.

(Pink Diamond) Right. So just stand right over there and I will comenback and let you know it's safe.

She went on the Warp Pad while Spinel was standing there.

(Spinel) Goodbye, Pink! See you next time!

(Pink Diamond) Goodbye. Spinel...

She used the Warp Pad. Pink Warped back on Homeworld to gather her belongings before having an escort take her to Earth so she can establish her colony. Her pearl was informed about the news.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, Pearl, the time has finally come! I can finally create a colony.

(Pearl) That is very wonderful news, my Diamond.

(Pink Diamond) Come on, let's go!

(Pearl) Certainly, my Diamond.

She followed Pink to her palanquin. The palanquin was transported onto a ship and it went to the Earth. Once it went to the planet, the palanquin was teleported to the Earth ground and the legs for it stretched out.

The door opened and Pink stepped out and breathed in the air.

(Pink Diamond) (Inhales then exhales) This planet has a funny smell.

Her pearl was behind her.

(Pearl) Certainly not the greatest.

Pink explored a little bit before her pearl reminded her the objective.

(Pearl) The injectors will be deployed shortly.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, yeah, we're only here to tell them it's safe for deployment.

(Pearl) I'll inform them that the injectors shall be delivered to this planet at once.

Pink went back to her palanquin and waited for the injectors to show up and plant into the planet to suck up the minerals inside the Earth's crust to create more gems so they can expand their empire all over the universe. Pink watched the injectors come from the clouds and brutally dig into the dirt. The injectors started doing their purpose.

(Pearl) We should report to the Moon Base so we can complete your daily report.

(Pink Diamond) Yeah, let's go.

They palanquin went back up to the ship and zoomed off to the Moon.

End of Chapter 39

Chapter 40: Schemes

3rd Person P.O.V. 

Jasper was in a chair, brainstorming her next move. She knew a direct assault was pointless since it didn't work last time and she lost quite a handful of soldiers. She didn't like to wait very long because she knew the longer she waits, the more time Steven has to heal and prepare for her next attack. 

Yesterday, she recruited a few more soldiers who worked for a gem named Emerald. She was a former captain of Yellow Diamond's army. She didn't like Era-3.

Jasper offered her a use of her captain rank and a way to get her revenge on who was responsible for Era-3. She had her soldiers working under Jasper's command but Emerald also had them under her command, too. An amethyst burst into the room.

(Rebel) Jasper!

(Jasper) What?

(Rebel) Our peridots discovered an unknown injector outside the ship.

(Jasper) Unknown injector? What does it look like?

(Rebel) It's huge and has some pink substance in it.

(Jasper) Have Emerald take a look at it.

Later

(Jasper) Well?

(Emerald) Well, it's a custom injector and a specific gem can control it.

(Jasper) Can you trace the gem?

(Emerald) Let me see...

She adjust the controls on her monitor and she got the answer.

(Emerald) It's a spinel.

(Jasper) Which one?

(Emerald) Facet 2K19, cut S03. 

(Jasper) Show me an image.

Emerald projected the image.

(Jasper) I've seen her before. She's that little punk who stopped me from pounding Steven to the dirt. She controls that injector?

(Emerald) Apparently.

(Jasper) Hmm. What is the substance inside the injector?

(Emerald) Bio Poison. A pure element made to eleminate organic life. 

(Jasper) Okay, if we could control her, I think we'll be able to kill that planet and Steven.

(Emerald) Actually, I had something prepare for an occasion like this.

(Jasper) What is it?

(Emerald) It's a collar that is made to control a gem's behavior. How it works is I sync the collar to a gem, then I put it on another gem and that gem will act like the gem the collar is sync to but with their own personality. 

(Jasper) Okay, lead an assault but target that spinel and bring her to me. 

On Earth

Steven was walking again, with Peridot and Spinel by his side incase he stumbles.

(Steven) I'm fine, you don't need to be so close to me.

(Peridot) What if you trip?

(Spinel) Or lose your balence?

(Steven) Just because today is the day I can walk around again, doesn't mean I'm going to fall. I'm fine, really.

(Spinel) You sure? I don't want you falling.

(Steven) Yes.

They step a few feet away from him, giving him some space to move freely. He's walking normally. After a few minutes of walking, Steven spoke,

(Steven) What's the plan for today?

(Peridot) After we make sure you're okay, I plan on tending to the greenhouse at Little Homeworld.

(Spinel) I don't have anything planned for today. 

(Steven) Well in that case-- What is that?

He looks up at the sky to see a ship incoming.

(Peridot) Isn't that the vessel Jasper used to attack us last time?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) We should probably inform the others of the attack.

(Spinel) Yeah.

They went to the Temple.

6 minutes later

(Garnet) Prepare the defences!

Amethyst and Pearl had the Light Cannons ready and they fired at the ship. It hit the ship but it did nothing, it was one of Homeworld's elite spacecrafts. They had their weapons ready for the incoming soldiers. 

Soldiers came out with mostly shields and destabilizers. Steven was concerned on their weapon choice. Those weapons would be a good defense but why offense?

(Rebel) Remember, Spinel is the target.

Garnet activates her gauntlets and punches a shield of a rebel but she ends up vibrating over how dense the shield was. Another rebel pushes Steven and Pearl away with their shields. Peridot used her powers to take away a few shields away from the enemy, leaving them vulnerable. 

Spinel throws a punch at one of the soldiers but they ducked and grabbed her arm.

(Spinel) Hey, let me go!

Wasn't long after that a few more soldiers was pulling her towards them. Spinel tried to stretch her back but that seemed to pull her closer to them. Steven grabbed her legs and was trying to pull her back. 

Between Steven and the soldiers, Spinel was in the middle of them. Steven was vulnerable to attack and one soldier hits him and he involuntary lets go of Spinel. Spinel was dragged towards the soldiers and onto the ship.

(Rebel) We got what we came for. Retreat!

And the retreated. Steven tried going after them. Before he could do anything else, the ship was gone in a flash.

(Amethyst) Why'd they run? We haven't done anything yet.

(Garnet) Where is Spinel?

(Steven) They've taken her.

(Peridot) What? Why?

(Steven) I don't know.   

Elsewhere

Spinel was restrained in a chair, she tried to get free.

(Jasper) It's pointless to struggle. The restraints were made for gems like you.

(Spinel) What do you want from me? If I'm still alive, that means you want something from me.

(Jasper) Direct. I can respect that. My crew found an injector and it says you are the only one who can control it.

Spinel's eyes widen, she forgot about the injector.

(Spinel) (Thoughts) I knew I shoulda smashed it...

(Jasper) We want your injector.

(Spinel) No. I'll never let you have it.

(Jasper) Of course you wouldn't let me have. Which is why Emerald has this.

Emerald walks in with a collar in her hand.

(Jasper) Is the collar synced?

(Emerald) Yes, it's synced to you.

(Jasper) This collar will change your mind.

Spinel violently shakes her head so Jasper couldn't put the collar on her.

(Jasper) Hold her!

Spinel was going to stretch her head away but Emerald grabbed her head and held her still while Jasper was getting the collar ready.  

(Spinel) No, no, NO--

The collar was on. Her head went down.

(Jasper) Did it work?

Spinel lifts her head up. Her eyes were spiraled and she was grinning ear to ear.

(Emerald) Ask her questions you would answer.

(Jasper) Who do you hate?

(Spinel) ...Steven Universe...

End of Chapter 40

Chapter 41: Evil Intentions

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Jasper) Good,

Spinel kept her sinister smile on her face. Despite being tied to a chair, Spinel's grin made Jasper uncomfortable. 

(Jasper) What do you know about Steven?

(Spinel) Oh, I know lots. He's a human, 16 years old, male, and--

(Jasper) I already know that! Tell me his secrets, weakness, plans!

(Spinel) Oh, you wanna know the boring stuff? 

(Jasper) Yes!

(Spinel) Oh, then why didn't ya say so? Golly, all you had to do is ask.

Her playfulness is annoying to Jasper. 

(Spinel) Lemme see if I can recollect: He's got a suit of armor that was made for about anything you could possibly throw at him. He refuses to shatter. He will never submit to anyone, truly indominable. He plans on tiring you and your army so he could defeat you easily. He is very smart and clever. His greatest strength is to be underestimated by gem enemies so he could get the jump on 'em. That's all I know about him.

(Jasper) What did you do with that injector?

(Spinel) About a month ago, I came to Earth wanting to kill Steven. The injector was meant to kill the planet.

(Jasper) Have you ever fought him?

(Spinel) Yes, only once. I beaten him so bad that I almost felt sorry for him. Though, my mistake was leaving him alive. He's killable but hard to kill. If you get the opportunity to kill him, do not pass it. 

(Jasper) Got any ideas?

(Spinel) Me? I thought was the one with a plan. Though, thinking is hard for you, brute. 

Her insult angers Jasper but she lets it slide this once.

(Jasper) I figured you would think of one since you were with him.

(Spinel) You're right.

She started thinking.

(Spinel) Ooh! Ooh! I thought of something. We round up his friends and hold them hostage.

(Jasper) Why? We should shatter them when we can. 

(Spinel) Yes, but if we shatter them all then we won't have anything against him and he'll beat the living snot outta us. 

(Jasper) Hmm. You're right.

(Spinel) Now, can I get out of this chair? It's a little uncomfortable.

(Jasper) Remove the restraints.

Emerald hits a button and Spinel hops out of the chair and stretched

(Spinel) I know just how to get 'em. 

Elsewhere

Steven was asleep but planned on searching for Spinel in the morning. He hopes she's all right. Steven woke up but it's a bit early.

He could go back to asleep but he figured he could have more time to look. He gets out of bed and gets ready for the day. With the sun rising, the house was slowly being illuminated. 

It was quiet, too quiet. He looks around for Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst but they're not here. He usually finds Amethyst eating stuff out of the fridge or sleeping on the couch but today she wasn't. 

(Steven) Maybe they're at Little Homeworld.

He went to his room to get the communicator the Diamonds gave him.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) What is it, Steven?

(Steven) Do you think I can borrow a device used to track gem ships?

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) I think I can. You have to go to Homeworld to retrieve it. 

Steven hangs up and got his gear ready. As soon as he gets the tracking device, he's going to the roaming eye and find Jasper's ship to rescue Spinel. He gets on the Warp Pad and uses the sequencer to Warp to Homeworld. 

He meets Yellow Diamond in her room.

(Yellow Diamond) Steven, I have your device over there. What's the status on the rebellion?

(Steven) They captured Spinel yesterday. I'm going to get her back?

(Yellow Diamond) Do you wish for assistance? 

(Steven) No. I need you and the other Diamonds to maintain watch on Homeworld. Incase they try anything here.

(Yellow Diamond) Okay, if you do need help, just ask.

She goes to her workbench to work on her next project.  

Back on Earth

Steven gets his armor on and was going to the roaming eye but his paranoia got the better for him so he's going to Little Homeworld to see if the others are okay. "They're fine" he says in his head. He's doing this to ease his mind. 

Little Homeworld was naturally quiet since the gems were forced to remain in the huts until the rebellion was dealt with. It was a bit haunting for Steven, the quiet brings up bad memories. He shakes his head in denial, ignoring his emotions. 

He goes to main part of Little Homeworld to look for the others. He didn't find anyone.

[BEEP]

[BEEP]

It was the communicator in his pocket. He checks it.

[Communicator] (Jasper) Looking for someone?

(Steven) What do you want?

[Communicator] (Jasper) You, dead. 

[Communicator] Can I play with his corpse?

(Steven) Who was that?

[Communicator] What? You don't know my voice, Stevie?

It was Spinel

(Steven) What did you do to her?

[Communicator] (Jasper) Putting her on my side.

(Steven) You'll regret doing that.

[Communicator] (Jasper) If you want her and your friend to be in one piece, surrender now.

(Steven) Go to Hell.

He hangs up. He uses the device. He knew that Jasper is on Earth if she has the gems. 

He can track her ship entering the atmosphere and if he can trace it, he should be able to get the jump on her. He tracks Jasper about a quater of a mile from Little Homeworld. He cracks his knuckles, ready to hurt Jasper in a number of ways.

An hour later

Steven finds them. He can see Jasper, Emerald, and Spinel surrounding the gems who are on their knees with their wrists binded. Jasper was pacing.

(Jasper) You said he'll be here soon.

(Spinel) Yeah, but theres no Warp Pad nearby. He's gotta be on the way at least, if he has a plan.

He saw that Spinel has a collar on her neck.

(Spinel) Listen, if you don't wanna wait then look for him yourself. 

(Jasper) That's not happening.

(Spinel) Then, quit getting angry for having to wait. I had to wait for 6000 years and I didn't even say anything. 

(Emerald) You two done with your arguement? Keep an eye out, he could be near.

(Spinel) If you say so.

She stretched her eyes out of her sockets and looked in different directions.

(Jasper) Quit fooling around!

She returned her eyes back to her head.

(Spinel) Why so serious?

(Amethyst) Burn!

(Jasper) Shut up, runt or I'll shatter you where you stand. 

(Peridot) Please, Jasper, let us go. 

(Garnet) There's no need for this.

(Jasper) Homeworld used to be a rising empire. Now, it's ruined because of your "Savior".

(Garnet) Homeworld is better off what it is now than before.

(Jasper) That's because all of you are outcasts, defective, freaks.

Spinel rolled her eyes.

(Jasper) All the perfect elite soldiers were on top along with the Diamonds. Planets under our control, it was great.

(Lapis) You're not perfect either.

(Jasper) What?

(Lapis) You act all big and tough but when you find someone who is stronger, you always try to best them. Like with me, you forced me into fusion so you could beat Steven in a fight. 

Jasper back-hands her. 

(Jasper) I am better than that human! He fights like a corward, striking from behind and uses cheap tatics to win.

(Garnet) He does not fight like a coward. He's smart enough to know that his normal attacks won't work. 

(Jasper) Because he's weak! You're all weak. 

Steven was about to strike but Emerald saw him.

(Emerald) There!

Steven quickly went into hiding.

(Jasper) Where?! 

(Emerald) I can't see him anymore. I lost him.

(Jasper) Look around!

(Spinel) (singing) Steven, come out to play!

(Jasper) Coward!

After looking around. Jasper thought of an idea. She went to Peridot and grabbed her.

(Jasper) Come out, now!

(Peridot) J-Jasper, l-lets talk about this!

Steven could see Peridot being held hostage. He was trying to think of something. Steven was going sneak behind them and take out Jasper before she could harm Peridot.

Though, Spinel and Emerald could spot him before he can reach Jasper, he has to be fast. He got behind them and was slowly creeping up behind Emerald and Spinel. The gems who were on their knees saw Steven but remained silent so he can sneak up on them. 

He grabs Spinel's head and Emerald's head and smashed them together. Jasper turns around and Steven was close to knocked her over but she kicked him. She punches Peridot directly to her gem.

(Peridot) (Gasp)

Her gem was cracked but it went into shards in seconds and her form disappered. Her shards fell on the ground.

(Lapis) NO, PERIDOT!

Tears quickly emitted from her eyes.

(Garnet) Don't look, Lapis! Just don't look, Lapis!  

(Steven) No!

(Pearl) Oh, my stars! Oh, my stars!

Steven was out of sight when Jasper was ready to fight.

(Spinel) My turn, my turn!

She grabs Pearl and was taking her to the same place Jasper had Peridot.

(Spinel) You remember all those times in the garden where you gave me dirty looks when me and Pink were playing? Y'see I do. I always wondered why but now I'm thinking about it, I think it was because you never liked me. It's okay, I wouldn't like me either. 

She had her fingers on Pearl's gem, ready to crush it.

(Spinel) Steven, if you want her to see the sun rise, you'd better come out here!

Before Spinel knew what happened next, she felt something hitting her ankle. It was Steven and before Jasper could hit him, Steven had freed Garnet and she punched Jasper away. Spinel lets Pearl go.

Spinel tackles Steven. They both fell down a hill and they have a rough landing. Steven tried getting up but Spinel got on top of him.

(Spinel) Hey, buddy, how was your day?

He doesn't answer and tried to get her off of him.

(Spinel) Now, that's not very nice of ya.

She uses her stretchy powers to hold his wrists.

(Spinel) Wanna hear a joke?

She gets close to his face.

(Spinel) Knock, knock!

(Garnet) Who's there?

Spinel's eyes widen when she heard Garnet. She looks over her shoulder to see Garnet standing over them, gauntlets activated.

(Spinel) (growls in frustration) Would you please give us a minute?!

She moved Spinel off of him.

(Spinel) He said he was 18, it's not my fault.

Steven got up.

(Steven) Where's Jasper?

(Garnet) She fled when you untied us. She and Emerald left. Pearl and Amethyst collected Peridot's shards.

Steven looks at Spinel.

(Spinel) Left behind, again.

(Steven) Get up.

He forces her on her feet.

(Steven) Where are they?

(Spinel) Ain't gonna tell ya.

He grasped her throat.

(Steven) Where?!

(Spinel) (gags) Harder...

He punches her hard enough to knock her out.

End of Chapter 41

Chapter 42: Acquired

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Steven) What's going on with Spinel?

(Amethyst) And what took you so long?

(Pearl) Well, first, I'm not like Peridot with Homeworld devices. And second, the collar on Spinel is a control collar. It was used on disobedient gems before Rejuvenation was invented. It's primary purpose is to synchronize to a gem with "supposedly" better focus and emotions. Then, when the collar is attached to a gem, they act like that gem but with their own personality. And if my accusation is correct, Spinel is synchronized to Jasper.

(Amethyst) Then, let's get that collar off of her.

(Pearl) We can't. The collar is stuck to her form. Poofing her won't work since the collar is magnetized to her gem. Our only hope to getting it off is to use the remote that the collar comes with.

(Steven) But we don't know where the remote is, let alone Jasper's whereabouts.

(Amethyst) Maybe we can ask Spinel?

(Pearl) That won't work. She won't tell anyone.

(Steven) What else do we have?

(Pearl) I... don't know...

Steven walks into the other room where Garnet was watching Spinel.

(Spinel) Hey, it's Steven! Everyone's favorite human!

(Steven) Has she said anything about Jasper?

(Garnet) No. Just a few bad jokes.

(Spinel) Bad jokes? Those were comedy gold.

(Garnet) Are you going to talk to her?

(Steven) Yes.

(Garnet) I'll give you two some privacy.

She leaves.

(Steven) Where's Jasper?

(Spinel) In space. Somewhere far from Earth.

(Steven) Where exactly?

(Spinel) How should I know? It's not like I know a few things where she's located.

(Steven) What else is Jasper planning?

(Spinel) Earth's demise, duh! And yours, of course.

(Steven) I need actual answers. Not the obvious.

(Spinel) But then you'll might be able to stop Jasper.

Steven sighs. Spinel is smiling, knowing she was in control of the situation.

(Spinel) You look adorable when you're angry.

(Steven) What will it take for you to give me answers?

(Spinel) A negotiation? Hmm... What could I possibly want?

Steven is regretting his decision to negotiate.

(Spinel) Tell you what, if you play a game with me, you'll get answers.

(Steven) What game?

(Spinel) Questions and Answers.

Steven knew she was going to twist this simple game into something horrible. He was going with it anyway, he has no other choice.

(Steven) Fine...

(Spinel) Good! Now, I ask you a question and you answer with "Yes" or "No". Once you do that, you can ask me one question in return! This'll be so much fun!

(Steven) How can I tell you won't lie to me?

(Spinel) How can I tell you won't lie to me? You're gonna have to believe my word, just as much as I believe yours.

(Steven) What's your question?

(Spinel) Were you actually concerned for me when you learned about what happened in the Garden?

(Steven) Yes.

Her pupils shrunk when he answered. She quickly hid her facial expression.

(Steven) Where is Jasper?

Spinel looks at him again.

(Spinel) I don't know. Somewhere not too far from Homeworld. Anyways, do you ever know the pain of cold, dark desolation?

(Steven) Yes...

Her eye twitched.

(Spinel) No! This isn't how you're supposed to play the game!

(Steven) By being honest?

She slammed her fist against the table.

(Spinel) Just ask your question!

(Steven) Are you okay?

(Spinel) Don't waste your question on me! Talk about Jasper!

(Steven) I thought you were supposed to believe my word.

He knew she wasn't expecting him to understand. She was losing control. Even though she was being controlled, she still is suffering from what Pink did to her.

(Spinel) The topic is Jasper, not me!

(Steven) Fine. Why did Jasper target you?

(Spinel) She wanted my injector. But I'm not gonna tell you why.

(Steven) Fair enough.

Spinel took a moment before speaking.

(Spinel) (Stammers) Have you...

Tears were about to burst from her eyes.

(Steven) Spinel?

She slammed her head against the table. She gripped her head.

(Spinel) (muffled) Just go away!

(Steven) Spinel--

She lifts her head up, showing an angry face with tears running down her face.

(Spinel) JASPER'S IN SPACE WITH A PLAN AND MY INJECTOR. NOW GO!

She pushed him away.

(Steven) Spinel, are you okay?

(Spinel) Leave me alone! You already got what you came for...

He wasn't going to push her anymore.

(Steven) I'm sorry.

She covered her ears. He opens the door with Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst having concerned looks on their faces.

(Amethyst) What did you do?

(Steven) You don't want to know.

(Pearl) Did she say any useful information?

(Steven) Jasper used the collar to get Spinel to give her control of her injector. She plans on using it, probably on Earth. What's the status on Peridot?

(Garnet) The healing water didn't work. Maybe you should take her shards to the Diamonds?

(Steven) I'll see what they can do.

Pearl hands him the shards of Peridot. Before he left, he said,

(Steven) Keep an eye on Spinel. Make sure she doesn't harm anyone, or herself.

He goes into his room to get the communicator to call the Diamonds, one of them at least.

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Steven, what do you need?

(Steven) Do you or any other Diamond's powers helps restore gem shards?

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Well... probably. Bring the shards over and I'll see what I can do.

He hangs up and gathers his armor.

On Homeworld

Yellow Diamond's room

(Yellow Diamond) With my new powers, I can piece together a gem's shards but not heal them.

(Steven) Will the gem reform?

(Yellow Diamond) Yes, but they'll be very fragile. I've done extensive research on a gem whose been shattered and reformed under my influence. So far, my powers is enough to allow the gem to reform. But if that very gem is put enough force against them, they'll shatter again.

(Steven) Can you reform my friend?

(Yellow Diamond) Sure. But be careful with her.

He hands her the shards of Peridot. Yellow carefully puts the shards together, emits a spark from her fingers and touched the gemstone. Peridot was reformed.

(Peridot) What the--? Steven? Yellow Diamond? What happened?! Ow!

(Yellow Diamond) She'll feel great pain when moving the wrong direction.

(Steven) Can you stand?

Peridot tried to stand but she quickly fell back down.

(Peridot) OW! I-I can't!

(Steven) I'll help.

He picks her up carefully.

(Steven) I'll explain on our way back.

He goes to leave but stops to before he left the room.

(Steven) Thanks, Yellow.

(Yellow Diamond) Don't mention it.

He left.

On Earth.

Steven was carrying Peridot to his Livingroom.

(Lapis) Peridot!

(Peridot) Hey, Lazuli. Please don't touch me. Not that I don't want you to, my form is very sensitive.

(Steven) Where do you want to sit?

(Peridot) Anywhere is fine.

He sets her on the couch.

(Peridot) Steven already told me everything.

Steven placed a communicator on Peridot's lap.

(Peridot) Ow!

(Steven) I have a plan. I'm giving you this communicator I can contact you or the others when I can.

(Peridot) What are you going to do?

(Steven) I'm going to find Jasper's ship so I can get the remote so I can get the collar off of Spinel.

He left.

In space

Steven had his suit in space mode (where he has a glass dome around his head while he has his armor on). He was inside the roaming eye to use to scout the area. Spinel said Jasper's ship was near Homeworld.

He doesn't know if she was exactly honest but her trauma certainly broke through the collar. He's using the device Yellow gave him to track the ship. Luckily, it gives him a blueprint of what the ship has and multiple ways to get inside it.

That one gem he saw with Jasper was Emerald. He seen her when Yellow Diamond disbanded her armies, she didn't look happy when she heard the news. He read her profile and she looks the type of gem who would have equipment like that collar.

If anyone were to have the remote, it had to be her. He lands the roaming eye on top of the ship and activates the gravitational pull on it (Basically, it's a magnet to any object and will stay stuck to it until it's removed by force or if the pull is turned off). He activates the same mode on his suit which allowed him to stick to the ship.

He goes outside and takes a moment to get used to the chill of space. He carefully navigates around the ship, checking the windows, counting how many gem rebels he sees, etc. He finds Emerald in the engine room, reading a report from a peridot. 

He spots an entrance on the ceiling of the room which he can crawl through the ventilation to get to. He opens the cover by force and crawled through it. As he crawled, he can hear Emerald and the peridot.

(Emerald) How is the power core?

(Rebel) Perfect condition. Though, it wouldn't hurt to do a maintenance check. As well as we should check our defenses. We're currently vulnerable to any breaches since Jasper took her anger out in here yesterday when you got back after losing that spinel. 

(Emerald) Blast! How bad is it?

(Rebel) Jasper obliterated the generator for the weapons system. Shouldn't take more than 7 days to repair. 

Steven breaks through cover above Emerald and the peridot. He lands on the peridot, knocking her out, and grabbed Emerald, holding her against the wall. 

(Steven) Where is the remote for the collar that was placed on Spinel?

(Emerald) I don't have it!

He punched the wall, leaving a huge crack next to Emerald.

(Steven) Where is it?! 

(Emerald) I-I don't have it, really!

Steven applied more pressure, about ready to poof her.

(Steven) Do not lie to me...

His voice was low. He was going to start shouting but her next answer stopped him.

(Emerald) I'm not, Jasper has it. I wanted to hold on to it but she insisted to have it. I gave it to her when the collar was placed on the spinel. 

(Steven) Thank you...

He sounded like he was forced to say that before tossing her to the side. He leaves the room the same way he went in. Once he reached on top of the ship, he contacted Peridot.

(Steven) We have a problem. Jasper has the remote.

[Communicator] (Peridot) Wait! Jasper has it?

(Steven) Yes, why do you sound surprised?

[Communicator] (Peridot) (laughs) Oh, this is too easy. Ow! It hurts to laugh. 

(Steven) Why?

[Communicator] (Peridot) Because laughter causes me to move and since my form is--

(Steven) No! I mean, why did you say it was going to be easy?

[Communicator] (Peridot) Jasper never holds onto things. She only keeps an item on her for like a few minutes before handing it off to someone else or leave it lying around. Trust me, she's done it multiple times when I was with her when we captured Lapis.

(Steven) Emerald said she doesn't have it.

[Communicator] (Peridot) Then, Jasper must have it wherever her room is.

Steven hangs up. He thinks he remembers seeing a room where Jasper is located in. He shimmies around the outside of the ship. He eventually found Jasper's room, and Jasper too.

She's reading a report. The remote was on her workbench. Steven steadily opens the window quietly and was close to the workbench. 

He reached for the remote and picks it up carefully. He heard footsteps approaching the door. Steven goes back outside just before the door opens roughly with Emerald panting.

(Emerald) Where's the remote?!

(Jasper) What happened?

Steven stayed just outside the window so he could listen to this.

(Emerald) Steven intruded the ship, requesting the remote! Where is it?!

(Jasper) It's right over-- OH, NO!

For once, Steven cracked a smile. 

(Emerald) I TOLD YOU TO LET ME HAVE IT!

(Jasper) SHUT UP AND FIND IT! WE CAN'T LET HIM GET TO IT!

Steven climbed to the top of the ship, hearing thuds and objects clattering. Before he went back into the roaming eye, he placed a tracker on the ship.

Back on Earth

(Spinel) Y'know what I think?

(Garnet) What?

(Spinel) I think you actually liked my jokes but you won't admit it.

(Garnet) Spinel, you've made direct insults about fusion, Pink Diamond, and Era-3 for 10 minutes straight.

(Spinel) They're just jokes, sheesh! Tough crowd...

Garnet rolled her three eyes. Steven came into the room.

(Spinel) Oh, why is he here?! 

(Steven) I got it.

(Garnet) You did?

(Spinel) Got what?

Steven reveals the remote. Spinel's eyes widen.

(Spinel) Oh, no! This ain't coming off.

(Steven) Hold her.

Garnet roughly grabbed Spinel and held her in an awkward position. Steven points the remote at the collar and the collar comes off.

(Spinel) (gasp)

She stopped struggling. She lifts her head up and looked confused.

(Spinel) Steven? Garnet? What's going on? What happened?

She rubs her eyes.

(Spinel) Did I faint or somethin'?

(Steven) Do you remember what happened?

(Spinel) I... I think so... I remember being tied to a chair and Jasper puts a collar on me. Then, I dreamt about attacking you...

(Steven) That wasn't a dream. That actually happened.

Spinel's memory was fully recovered.

(Spinel) Oh... Garnet I am very sorry for those bad jokes. And Steven I'm sorry for pushing you earlier.

(Steven) It's okay. Do you know what Jasper is planning?

(Spinel) She wanted control of my injector. I gave her the controls of it. She said she needed it for a project she was working on. 

(Steven) Hopefully, they won't get the chance. I placed a tracker on their ship. One thing left to do is this.

He drops the remote next to the collar and crushed it with his boot.

(Steven) Now, let's inform the others.

End of Chapter 42 

Chapter 43: Entropy

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was getting ready for today. He, Garnet, Bismuth, and Pearl are going to Jasper's base to defeat her, Emerald, and the rebellion. If all goes well, then today will be the final fight for Steven to face... for now.

Amethyst and Lapis will stay back on Earth to watch Peridot and Little Homeworld. Spinel wanted to come with everyone else but Steven made her stay because he didn't want to risk her getting captured again. The tracker Steven placed on ship is still active.

This was the perfect time to strike. The ship doesn't have any weapons system at the moment since Jasper smashed it in a fit of rage when Steven attacked the other day. As well as they're unaware of the fact that Steven knows where they are. 

This is very similar of the ambush Steven planned 3 months ago on Homeworld, only this time everyone agrees with him. They're off.

(Pearl) So, what is the plan, Steven?

(Steven) We either sneak in or rush in. Both of them would play out well if we work fast and careful.

(Bismuth) It's gonna be a bit hard for a group to sneak. It was easier when you did it because it was just you.

(Steven) You want me to do everything?

(Bismuth) No, of course not, unless you want to. We're not trained the way you were.

(Steven) Fair point. Garnet, how does the future look for us to rush in or to sneak in?

Garnet calculated all the outcomes that would occur for both options.

(Garnet) We rush in. It's the best outcome we could get.

(Steven) What happens?

(Garnet) If I tell you, then it won't happen.

(Steven) Okay. 

They could see the ship over meters away.

(Steven) There it is.

(Pearl) Wait! Shouldn't they see us?

(Steven) It wouldn't matter since we're rushing in. Plus, their defenses are currently unavailable. We should be fine.

(Bismuth) This is good. If they aren't able to use the ship other than to move then we should actually succeed.

(Garnet) If we work hard enough. 

Steven was about to floor it.

(Steven) Everyone hold on to something, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Steven waited a few seconds before looking around to see if everyone was ready, they were. He moves the roaming eye at a fast pace, they were going to crash into the ship via window. He space mode activated since there won't be much oxygen. 

They crashed into the ship.

[ALARM]

Amethysts immediately barged into the room.  

(Rebel) Holy stars! It's him! Get them!

They had weapons with them. Bismuth turns her hands into hammers while Pearl equips her new spear and Garnet activates her gauntlets. Steven gets into a fighting stance. 

An amethyst uses a sword to attempt to poof Pearl but Garnet quickly punches her away. Bismuth hits a few amethysts with her hammer fists. Steven defeated a few amethysts before more rebels entered the room. 

There are some lapis', peridots, and rubies other than just amethysts. What surprises Steven is that Jasper or Emerald wasn't here yet, they usually are the first gems he sees except a few rebels. 

a few minutes later

They defeated all the troops on the ship. They still haven't seen Jasper or Emerald. They searched the entire ship and they weren't there. 

One of the rebels who hasn't been poofed yet was trying to escape but Steven stopped her and pinned her to the wall.

(Steven) Where is Jasper?!

(Rebel) She's on Homeworld but she knows you're coming and it's already too late, she probably has what she needs.

Steven moved her to the ground and stomped on her head to poof her, luckily her gemstone wasn't located near the head. 

(Steven) We need to get there now!

Pearl and Garnet just finished bubbling the rebels and sending them to the Temple, they plan on moving them to cells later. 

(Bismuth) We can use the ship to get there. It's not too far.

She finds the controls and sets a course to Homeworld.

On Homeworld

Once they landed and when they stepped out of the ship, it was chaos. Fire was set nearly everywhere, gemstones were on the ground, some of them were shards.

(Pearl) Oh...

(Steven) God help us...

Steven was processing before he returned to his train of thought.

(Steven) We have to keep moving, or there will be more of them all over. 

He ran to the Palace with the others behind him. When they got inside, no one was there, not even the Diamonds. But they did see more gemstones on the floor.

(Steven) Pick up the gems here and the ones outside and bubble them to the Temple. Collect any shards you can find. We need to spread out and find the Diamonds. They might know what's going on. 

They went in different directions. Steven was in the hallway, looking at the cranks and dents on the walls. Jasper was here for sure.

Steven heard some voices but it was muffled. He can see White Diamond's door partly broken but still closed. He leans his ear close to the door to listen to the conversation going on inside the room.

Unfortunately he can't hear anything but muffled speech. Though he can recognize the voices. It sounds like Emerald is in there along with Yellow, Blue, and White. 

He pushed on the door and it broke. This got the attention of everyone of the room. Steven can see Yellow, Blue, and White on their knees and their hands behind their backs. 

A few amethysts are armed and is charging at him. He disarmed one of them but another slashed the back of his neck with a dagger. 

(Blue Diamond) Steven! 

Steven felt the pain but ignored it so he can kick that amethyst away. Emerald grabs Blue Diamond and holds a dangerous-looking weapon near her gem.

(Steven) Let her go!

(Emerald) Step back or the galaxy will only have three Diamonds instead of four.

Steven kept his distance.

(Emerald) I know you would just feel horrible if your actions caused Blue to be shattered.

She held the weapon closer to Blue's gem. 

(Steven) Just let her go. It's not her that you want, it's me. Leave her out of this!

(Emerald) I would but then there would be nothing to stop you from defeating me. 

Steven could see Yellow standing up. Her hands were still tied behind her back but her legs weren't restraint.

(Emerald) If you want her to live, then get on your knees and wait for Jasper to come get you. She has a few things to... discuss with you.

Yellow gave Steven a look that was telling him to distract Emerald a little longer.

(Steven) What does she want to "discuss" with me.

(Emerald) I don't know, probably beating you to death while mocking you. 

Yellow sprinted and gave Emerald a hard push that made her let go of Blue and Steven punched Emerald right in her face and she fell on the floor hard. Steven placed his boot on her throat to prevent her from getting up.

(Yellow Diamond) Are you alright, Blue?

(Blue Diamond) I'll be fine. Steven, are you alright? Your body is leaking a red substance behind your neck. 

Steven takes his hand behind his neck felt blood. He hasn't felt that type of pain since,,, well... you know...

(Steven) I'm fine!

He got defensive. Then, he realized he sounded like he was angry.

(Steven) I'm fine... Don't worry about me.

He takes the dagger that was used to cut him to cut Blue free and she cuts Yellow and White free. Blue returned the dagger to Steven but he didn't really like having it. 

(Steven) What happened?

(Yellow Diamond) These rebels have infiltrated the Palace without warning and eliminated any gem that was here, including our pearls.

(Steven) I saw...

(White Diamond) Jasper was going to broadcast us being held hostage to get your attention but you got here before she could do it.

(Steven) Where is Jasper?

(Yellow Diamond) We don't know. But I swear on the Galactic Alliance, I'll shatter her for--

(Blue Diamond) Yellow, this is Era-3.

(Yellow Diamond) Right... She'll face extreme judgement for what she has done to us and our gems. 

(Steven) I'll find her. I need you three regain control of the Palace and--

{Alarm Blaring]

(Steven) What is that?

[Alarm Blaring]

(White Diamond) That's our... holding cell alarm!

[Alarm Blaring]

Steven knew what was happening and he started running towards the cells. He ran down the very long hallway and was right around the corner to the room where the cells. He can see the cells opened and all the rebels that was placed in their was rough housing and destroying the place. 

They all spotted him, including a familiar face. 

(Bluebird) Oi! I remember you! The one who locked me up in 'ere.

(Steven) I did not miss you or your voice one bit. 

(Bluebird) It's nice to see you, too. 

She took out her swords and was ready to fight. This might similar to their last fight but different since he has his armor and she has over 50+ rebels by her side. She flew directly towards him but he held his arms to his head to block the blade. 

A rebel tried attacking him from behind but it failed when he ducked, grabbed her by the waist and used the momentum to throw him at Bluebird. But Bluebird flew to the side and that rebel collided into another one. 

(Bluebird) Ya gonna have to try harder than that, boy!

Steven jumped with a kick ready to hit her but she moved out of the way and his boot hit another rebel. Steven caught on that attacking her head-on wasn't going to work since she can see any direct attack coming. He turned and attacked a few rebels who were ganging up on him.

When Bluebird got ready impale him, he turns back around and clotheslined her. Her gemstones were hit by his arm and that hurt them a lot than what he knows. Luckily, they weren't cracked. 

He resumed fighting the rebels. 

After the fight

Steven is tired. He overworked himself this time, but he still had to progress. Jasper is still around somewhere and he can't give up yet. 

 He put all the rebels and Bluebird back into their cells. He went back out to find Jasper.

[Thud]

That sounded loud and nearby. He followed the noise and was right in the middle of the Palace. It was Jasper fighting the others.

He wanted to jump right into the fight but he needed to catch his breath at the moment. Pearl was moving left and right to avoid Jasper's fists and Garnet got a direct hurt Jasper's head but her helmet was one and protected her from the blow. Jasper kicked Garnet far.

Bismuth tried slamming her hammer fists on Jasper but she caught her wrists and yanked Bismuth closer to her so she can clotheslined her, she learned that from Steven. Pearl returned and tried to stab Jasper with her spear but he hardly did anything, her form was simply too dense for a weapon like that. 

(Jasper) (laughs) How pitiful... 

She headbutts Pearl. Then, her attention draws to Steven.

(Jasper) About time you showed up. I just finished my warm up. 

(Steven) Stand down, Jasper. This could end peacefully.

(Jasper) Why are you trying to talk this out? Are you afraid of being beaten again?

(Steven) I'm giving you one last chance to step down and drop everything you've down and just walk away while you still have a chance. I guarantee you, if I win, you'd wish you walked away. 

(Jasper) Oh, is that so?

They circled each other. Jasper strikes first but Steven ducked. He jumps over her and punches the back of her knee.

Then, he elbowed her calf with enough force to break a human leg. Jasper lets out a pained grunt before she hits Steven with her elbow which knocked him back. He gets back up.

Steven struggled to stand up since he's still drained out from everything earlier. Jasper noticed this. 

(Jasper) Ha! I'm just getting started. 

She charged forward and Steven just barely moved out of the way in time. His reflexes are getting sluggish. He tried his best to stay on his feet, but that wasn't enough since Jasper stomped the ground and grabbed him.

One arm is wrapped around his neck and the other is on top of his head.

(Pearl) Steven!

(Bismuth) Steven!

(Blue Diamond) Steven!

(Yellow Diamond) Let him go!

(Jasper) Step back, or you all will see what he looks like without his head!

She moved hand on top of his head and pulled a little. The gems could see the pain on his face as he desperately tried to free himself from her grasp but he's too weak at the moment and she's stronger than him.

(Jasper) I could crush his head right now.

Steven knew trying to pulled her arm off his neck was futile. He reached for his pocket and grabbed something.

(Jasper) In fact, let's do it.

(Everyone) NO!

Steven pulled out the dagger from earlier and jammed it right through her visor and into her right eye.

(Jasper) (screams)

She lets him go and grasped her eye. That was dirty, even by the Diamonds standards. Steven's hands was shaking.

Not because he hurt Jasper, not in the slightest. He never used a knife before and for good reason. Knives trigger bad memories for him...

Jasper couldn't pull the dagger out or else she'll poof herself. She still looked ready to fight.

(Steven) IT'S OVER!

He shouts in a voice nobody has heard before except the Diamonds.

(Steven) Just stand down!

(Jasper) No! I'd rather be shattered than to submit to you!

(Steven) I said it's over!

He pushed her to the floor and started kicking her in a violent way. You ever heard the phrase "kick me when I'm down."? That's exactly what is happening here.

Pearl tried to stop him but Garnet placed her hand on her shoulder to stop her.

(Garnet) Let him go...

Steven was inflicting as much pain as he could to her at the moment. His sudden energy was from the adrenaline rush. He is on top of her and had his hands on her throat.

(Steven) I gave you plenty of chances to walk away. Back at your cave, I told you to drop it, and many more after that, including earlier. But you just didn't listen. Then, you recruited many gems who could've been used in a more productive manner than for a little war! SO NOW, I HAVE TO PUNISH ALL OF THEM, JUST LIKE I HAVE TO PUNISH YOU!

He pushed the dagger deeper into her eye and she finally poofed.

(Steven) (panting)

He tried to stand back up but fell down. Pearl and Blue Diamond ran over to him to see what's wrong with him.

(Blue Diamond) Is he dead?

(Garnet) No, he's unconscious. He'll be fine. I'll take him home, you all start cleaning up the place. Steven did more than he could handle, we should be grateful for his service.

She grabbed Steven and carried him to the nearest Warp Pad so she can Warp him back to Earth.

On Earth

(Peridot) Ow!

(Amethyst) What?

(Peridot) Nothing, my form just hurts for no reason.

They heard the Warp Pad activated. They all changed their expressions when they saw Garnet carrying Steven.

(Everyone) Steven?!

Peridot tried to stand up so she can see if he was okay but her form didn't like that so she fell back on the couch in great pain.

(Spinel) What happened?!

(Garnet) We won. The rebellion is over.

(Lapis) What about Steven?!

(Amethyst) Yeah, he is okay?

(Garnet) He's fine. He passed out. He'll wake up later.

She continued to carry him into his room and gently sets on him the bed on his back.

Later

Steven's eyes opened and he had a headache. He groaned as his sight was blocked by a bright light. He turned to see where the light was being illuminated and it was at his window.

He gets up and walks over to the window, it was the sun. He checks the time.

"7:37 AM"

He was confused. Last thing he remembered was poofing Jasper but he doesn't remember getting home. He went down stairs to see everyone talking.

Their conversation ended with Spinel saying,

(Spinel) He's awake!

She stretches her arms to grab him and pulled him into a bear hug with everyone else joining the hug.

Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot (though she's on a wheelchair and is hugging his leg), Bismuth, Spinel, Connie, Greg, Volleyball, Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, and White Diamond are part in this group hug.

(Steven) How long was I out?

(Garnet) 15 hours. You've earned that rest.

(Amethyst) Yeah, dude, how are you feeling?

(Steven) Better, I suppose. Can you all let me go now?

It took almost a minute for everyone to separate from him.

(Steven) What happened while I was out?

(Garnet) Jasper and her troops were poofed and put into cells, as well as the ones that attempted to escape.

(Yellow Diamond) Gems that were shattered I pieced them back together like I did to Peridot. And just like Peridot's condition, they can hardly navigate since their form is very sensitive. We need to find an element that can heal their gemstones so they can fully recover from being shattered.

(White Diamond) Homeworld is currently upgrading the security system for the cells so there is absolutely no chance of escape. As well as the damage is being repaired.

(Pearl) Little Homeworld is also under repairs due to the assaults it faced during the start of the new rebellion.

(Bismuth) Yeah, I planned on getting started when I made sure you were going to be fine.

(Lapis) We all plan on working on it.

(Steven) Give me a moment and I'll be there to help.

Spinel stopped him.

(Spinel) Ah, ah, ah! You're not doing anything. You worked overtime and now is the part where you relax.

She forced him to sit down next to Peridot.

(Spinel) It may seem hard for you but the war is over, for good. You did good!

(Greg) Yeah, you've nearly died multiple times and you still came out on top.

(Peridot) And you're a human! A species gem-kind never took seriously.

(Volleyball) You're very extraordinary. One of a kind.

(Steven) Thanks... I guess it'll be nice to rest for a change.

(Garnet) Yeah, you deserve it.

(White Diamond) Me and the ither Diamonds will return to Homeworld now. Farewell, Steven!

He waved them goodbye as they Warped back to Homeworld.

(Bismuth) Well, me and Lapis will get started on construction. Anyone else who wants to help can follow is.

(Volleyball) I'll go.

(Amethyst) Yeah. I like breaking stuff.

(Bismuth) Except we're building.

(Pearl) I'll go to.

(Garnet) I'll be in the Temple.

(Greg) I gotta get back to the Car Wash. I'll be back.

After everyone left, it was just Steven, Spinel, Connie, and Peridot.

(Peridot) I'll just be sitting here because, y'know, I can't walk.

(Connie) I have like two more hours to spend before I have to go home.

(Spinel) Steven, why don't you explain how was youe fight with Jasper?

(Peridot) Yeah, tell us how you beat that oaf.

(Connie) I like listening to stories, especially real ones.

(Steven) Okay...

He adjusted while the other three gathered around.

After the story

He told them everything, inculding his outburst at the end.

(Connie) It seemed my mom was corrected about your stress.

(Peridot) But you don't have to worry about that anymore.

(Spinel) Yeah, you won the war. Everyone is safe and peace is now established again.

(Steven) I guess. I feel like I should do something.

(Connie) But you don't have to do anything. You've done plenty.

(Steven) What about the damage with Peridot? That still needs to be fixed.

(Peridot) I'm fine, Steven. Ow!

She grasped her arm. Steven looks at her and she lets out an awkward smile and chuckle.

(Peridot) So, maybe I am still suffering from the damage but at least I'm still here and not shards. Or corrupted.

(Steven) Wait! What did you say?

(Peridot) I'm still here?

(Steven) No, the last part.

(Peridot) Or corrupted?

(Steven) I have an idea.

He runs upstairs and came back down them with a vial of a rainbow substance.

(Peridot) Is that the cure for corruption?

(Steven) Yes. The elements inside the cure fixes corruption because the damage was from the Diamonds. Physical, mental, emotion, and mind. If that can fix that for corruption. Maybe it can heal a gem from being shattered.

(Peridot) But I'm not shattered.

(Steven) Technically, you are. Your shards were pieced together and powered from Yellow. The healing water can't fix this but maybe this can.

He holds her still and carefully pours a little bit directly on Peridot's gem. It illuminated and just like that, the cracks are gone from her gemstone.

(Steven) Stand up.

Peridot stood up and feared for the worst but was surprised when she didn't feel anything when standing up.

(Peridot) (gasp) I can walk again!

(Lapis) You're fully heal!

They hugged.

(Spinel) Wow, even when you're supposed to be relaxing, you still solved something.

(Steven) I like being helpful.

(Spinel) Can I ask you something?

(Steven) What is it?

(Spinel) Did you ever find my injector when you attacked the ship?

(Steven) Yes. We destroyed it before going to Homeworld.

(Spinel) That's good. That way, nobody can use it anymore.

(Steven) Speaking of Homeworld, I need to share the information of healing shattered gems.

(Spinel) Oh, I'll come, too. I wanna get more of those clouds-- I mean, check to see if everything is okay there.

He knew what she really wanted to do but allowed her to do it anyway.

(Connie) I'll go home before my parents wonder where I am. See you later, Steven.

He waved her goodbye as he and Spinel went to the Warp Pad.

On Homeworld

Spinel raced to Blue Diamond's room while Steven was walking through the Palace. He went by the cells to check on the most dangerous gems.

(Bluebird) Whatcha doing back here?

(Steven) I came to see if you plan on escaping.

(Bluebird) Oh, yeah, but these walls are 100% impenetrable.

She crossed her arms in a huff. He checks on the next one.

(Emerald) Go away, it's bad enough I have to stay in here for a decade.

(Steven) You should've thought of that when you signed up to work with Jasper.

He moves on to the last one.

(Jasper) Did you come here to gloat?

(Steven) Not exactly.

He noticed her right eye looked very dull.

(Jasper) I don't waste time with runts like you anymore.

(Steven) You knew that starting the war and fighting me was a waste ot time.

He walked back to the hallway and into White Diamond's room to tell her the news.

Back on Earth.

Pearl was tidying the livingroom. It was a bit messy when everyone left.

(???) Pearl.

She heard a voice. It sounded like a whisper but the voice was a bit unrecognizable for her.

(???) Pearl.

That time, Pearl heard it clearly. But the voice itself sounded familiar. She turns around to see someone she thought she would never see again.

(Pink Diamond) Pearl, I need your help.

End of Chapter 43

Chapter 44: Happily Ever After (Finale)

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Pearl) My Diamond?!

(Pink Diamond) Shh!

She looked around to see if anyone else is around.

(Pink Diamond) I need your help

She whispered. 

(Pearl) W-with what? What is it about?

(Pink Diamond) It's about Steven.

(Pearl) What do you need from him?

(Pink Diamond) I need to talk to him but I have to be alone with him.

(Pearl) Why?

(Pink Diamond) It's... personal. I just need to talk to him but I can't really show myself around everyone else yet. Garnet, Bismuth, Spinel, the Diamonds especially. 

(Pearl) Steven is with the Diamonds at this moment. When he returns, what do you want me to do?

(Pink Diamond) Tell him that someone needs to speak with him alone at the... Garden.

(Pearl) You wish to speak with him there?

(Pink Diamond) Yes, it's the only place I kn0w nobody would come across anymore.

She went to the Warp and Warped to the Garden while Pearl waits for Steven to come back home Homeworld.

At Homeworld

(White Diamond) So, you discovered the healing element to a gem's shards?

(Steven) Yes. It requires all 4 Diamond essences to restore the shards of a gem. 

(White Diamond) Thank you for the useful information, Steven. I'll inform Yellow and Blue about this when they come back from their daily tasks. Farewell, Steven, please do come again soon. 

(Steven) I will.

He went to leave. On his way to the Warp Pad, he can see the shards of different types of gems on a table. He still has some of the cure left so he pours out a limited amount onto the shards and they stuck together like glue. 

He saw the gems illuminated and he went back onto his path to the Warp Pad. He can see the gems reform with a confused look on their faces as he used the sequencer to Warp back to Earth.

Back on Earth

Steven steps off the Warp Pad and sees Pearl waiting for him.

(Pearl) Steven.

(Steven) What is it? 

(Pearl) A certain gem wants to see you.

(Steven) Who?

(Pearl) ...Just go to the Garden and she'll be there...

Steven was confused at first but assumed that Spinel would be at the Garden. It didn't make much sense since he last saw Spinel going to Blue Diamond's room to inhale more of those clouds and Spinel, besides Pearl, is the only gem who knows where the Garden is. 

(Steven) Alright, I'll go there.

He steps back on the Warp Pad and Warped to the Garden.

At the Garden

Steven Warped there and steps off the Warp Pad. He didn't bring his armor because he didn't think he would need it, he's just talking to a gem. 

(Steven) Hello?

He expect to see someone standing around but he didn't see anyone. He was about to leave and--

(???) Steven.

Steven stopped in his tracks and turned around. That voice sounded familiar.

(Steven) Hello? 

He looks around and spots something pink. 

(Steven) You.....

He clenched his fists.

(Pink Diamond) It's nice to see you...

She looks a bit embarrassed and nervous. Steven's mind was flooded with the memories of all the times he was nearly killed because of her poor decisions. Or how many insults he had been called because he was fixing her problems. 

She could tell he was angry.

(Pink Diamond) I know you--

She didn't get to finish when Steven punched her at her face.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, I deserved that...

He punches her right in the stomach. If he had aimed a little bit lower, Pink will have a crack on her gem.

(Pink Diamond) And that...

He pushed her to the ground and stomped on her back.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, that was a bit overboard but I deserve that, too...

She held her hand up, asking him to stop. 

(Pink Diamond) Okay, okay! I get that you're angry!

(Steven) Angry? I am beyond angry. Do you realize what I been through because of you?!

(Pink Diamond) Not really.

(Steven) I had to put up with insults, concussions, death threats for almost a year because of what you did!

(Pink Diamond) Okay, I know you may not believe this but I'm sorry.

(Steven) Sorry?! I had to put up with the Crystal Gems before I had to deal with Homeworld! And they treated me worse than what the Diamonds ever did and they were the enemy of the war! 

(Pink Diamond) I should've down something better than to just leave like that...

(Steven) Something? Do you even care about how many gems that were hurt and shattered because of you? Pearl, Bismuth, your original pearl, Spinel, I can name the entire gem race for all I care! You hardly did anything and you left me to deal with your mistakes!

(Pink Diamond) At least I saved the Earth just once.

(Steven) Saved?! No, you didn't! You only delayed it's expiration date and put it in danger again. Who stopped the Cluster? Me! Who liberated Homeworld from it's tyranny and ended the war? Me! Who stopped Spinel's injector? ME! Who stopped the second rebellion? ME! I did all of that while you hid like a coward! 

(Pink Diamond) Okay, you're right about that.

She looked scared right now but Steven doesn't care at this moment. 

(Steven) Where have you been this entire time?! And why did you leave?!

She took a moment before answering. 

(Pink Diamond) I was in my room back at the Temple the whole time. I never left Earth. I left because I was just scared, I know it's no excuse but I was.

(Steven) Scared of what?

(Pink Diamonds) The Diamonds.

(Steven) The Diamonds cared for you. You did misbehaved quite a few times.

(Pink Diamond) Is that what they told you? (Chuckles) Of course they would.

(Steven) Told me what?

(Pink Diamond) What did the Diamonds tell you?

(Steven) They said when you misbehaved, you get put in the tower for a period of time before release. That isn't such a bad punishment.

(Pink Diamond) Yes, it was. And that wasn't their first option of punishment. Yellow used to poof me and keep me in a bubble for a few weeks, Blue made me cry, and White...

She shudders at the memories of what White had done to her. Steven knew what she did.

(Steven) I'm sorry. But that doesn't excuse you from everything else.

(Pink Diamond) I know... Please don't take me back to them. I-I'll do anything you want, please...

(Steven) I have to take you to them.

(Pink Diamond) Steven, please!

She was on her knees and gripping his hand.

(Pink Diamond) I don't care what punishment you have for me here but please don't take me back to the Diamonds! You can shatter me if you want to! Please, don't take me back...

He moved his hand away from hers. 

(Steven) I have to, Pink. I made a deal with them and they wanted me to bring you back. 

Tears formed out of her eyes and she fell on the ground, softly crying as she was afraid of what they were going to do with her once Steven leaves her with them. Steven thought about it for a moment.

(Steven) Pink.

She looks up, eyes slightly red from crying. 

(Steven) I'll take you back to the Diamonds but we'll have a talk about what will happen next. But you have to go with me.

He offered her his hand. He helps her help.

(Pink Diamond) Okay... Okay, I'll go. Please don't let them--

(Steven) I won't. But you must face punishment from everything else.

(Pink Diamond) Fine, but don't let them decide. 

They walked to the Warp Pad. She grabs his hand to hold so her anxiety would go away but it only helped a little bit. 

On Homeworld

(Blue Diamond) Oh my, Spinel. How many clouds have you inhaled?

(Spinel) (Slurring) What's the number after 151?

(Blue Diamond) 152. 

(Spinel) There you go... (giggles)

She fell on the ground, laughing. 

(Yellow Diamond) The wonders of your clouds, Blue. 

(Blue Diamond) At least they put gems at a positive state than a depressed state. 

(White Diamond) Please no arguing. Steven said he would be returning soon with a surprise guest.

(Yellow Diamond) I'm not so sure this guest would surprise me. 

The Warp Pad illuminated and Steven and his surprise guest has arrived.

(Pink Diamond) (Waves awkwardly)

(White Diamond) Pink?!

(Blue Diamond) Pink?!

(Yellow Diamond) (surprised) Pink?!

(Spinel) (sobered) Pink?!

Steven moved Pink forward. The surprise was so huge that some of the clouds was coming out of Spinel's mouth.

(White Diamond) Pink! You found her! Thank you, Steven! We'll take it from here.

(Steven) Not so fast. I need you three to tell me the truth.

(Yellow Diamond) What truth?

(Pink Diamond) What you did to me.

White shot her a glare and that made Pink hide behind Steven.

(Steven) You said you only put Pink in the tower. You never told me that you poofed her, made her cry, and tampered with her mind.

White looked like she had a rebuttal for Steven's claim but she stopped herself when she realized Pink told him the truth.

(White Diamond) It's true...

(Yellow Diamond) We changed our ways.

(Blue Diamond) A-and we changed our ways to other gems, too.

(Steven) Doesn't matter. You lied to me about how Pink was treated. Yes, she was childish but what you three did to her was wrong.

Before he continued, he turned to Pink.

(Steven) I'm only defending how they treated you. I'm not defending you from everything else.

He turned back towards the Diamonds.

(Steven) If you three had treated her differently and taken her seriously when she didn't want to go through with her colony, she wouldn't have ran away in the first place.

Yellow crossed her arms and Blue looked down at the floor in disappointment. White inhaled and exhaled before speaking.

(White Diamond) You are correct, Steven. We should've treated Pink different instead of extreme forces whenever she misbehaved. Pink...

She flinched at her name being called.

(White Diamond) I am deeply sorry for going into your mind and tampering with your privacy and memory.

(Blue Diamond) I'm sorry I made you cry all those times... I won't do it again, I promise.

(Yellow Diamond) I apologize for destabilizing you countless times and keeping you away for a short period of time.

She couldn't believe the words out of their mouths. Steven really did change them, whether he convinced them or threatened them with physical violence.

(Steven) Pink, is there something you want to say to Spinel?

She turned to see her former playmate with a new look and a very, very angry looking face. She had her arms crossed as she puffed some clouds out of her nose.

(Pink Diamond) I'm sorry.

Spinel slapped her.

(Pink Diamond) Ow!

(Spinel) Oh, c'mon, I didn't hit that hard.

(Pink Diamond) No, Steven hit me there eariler and it still hurts.

She noticed a bruise was left in her cheek. Steven really did a number on her. Spinel turned and walked to the hallway section.

(Steven) Where are you going?

(Spinel) [In the hallway] I gotta get me some more more clouds!

Steven lets out a small chuckle.

The next day

Steven had Pink put on trial for her crimes she had commited: Fake shattering, abandoning her team, leaving Spinel to rot, damaging her original pearl, bubbling Bismuth, and starting a war.

That's a lot of charges being put against her. She can be forgiven for some of those but she still must face punishment. She was sentenced to be put in the tower for 5 hours a day for 3 years.

The Diamonds themselves took partial responsibility for Pink's actions since they molded her that way. They're punished by bending the rules for gems who were treated unfairly during Era-2.

Today, Steven is leaving Beach City. He wanted to leave so he can get his mind off things and to relax. He is no longer needed anymore since everything is fixed.

Homeworld is happy, Earth is happy, most of gemkind is happy, no more war and rebellions anytime soon. Steven doesn't have a sense of direction but plans on going wherever he thinks is best. The hardest part about this is telling the gems.

He doesn't know how they all would take it but he has to tell them anyway. His father already knows but he did let out a few tears before hugging his son. Steven had a plan on who to tell first.

He went to Little Homeworld and gathered Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth.

(Bismuth) What is it, Steven?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

(Bismuth) YOU WHAT?! What's the problem, Steven?! Are you mad at me?

She kneeled to his height.

(Steven) Of course I'm not mad at you.

She hugged him.

(Bismuth) Then don't leave!

She pulled away.

(Bismuth) Oh, no! Am I smothering you?!

She stepped away.

(Bismuth) I get it, I get it!

(Steven) Bismuth--

(Bismuth) How about I build you a nice vacation house just outside of Little Homeworld?

(Lapis) Listen to me, Steven!

She got in front of him.

(Lapis) You can't run away from yourself. Wherever you go, you'll be there. Trust me, I know.

Before he could respond, he heard Peridot falling on her knees, crying.

(Peridot) (sobbing)

(Steven) Peridot, it's okay.

(Peridot) Where am I going to find another Steven as good as you, huh? I like this one so much!

She hugged his leg.

(Steven) I'm sorry that I'm leaving. Here, I want you to have this.

He reaches into a box and gives her one of his star shirts (any color you want it to be.).

(Peridot) My very own (Reader Color Choice) Steven shirt?

(Steven) Be the Steven you want to see in the world.

(Peridot) (sniffles) (wails)

She used the shirt to blow her nose.

(Steven) Lapis, this is for you.

He reaches into a box and gives her something.

(Lapis) What the... 142 pieces? 60 crayons? 24 oil pastels? It even has water colors?!

(Steven) Do you like it?

(Lapis) I... love it!

He goes to the box and brings out another item. He walks towards Bismuth.

(Bismuth) Stay back, Steven!

(Steven) Bismuth, take this. The original Crystal Gem flag.

(Bismuth) Oh, Steven!

She takes the flag.

(Steven) Also, I want you to have this.

He grabs the box itself and carries it to Bismuth. She reached inside and pulled out a peice of Steven's armor.

(Bismuth) Your armor?

(Steven) You made it, it belongs to you. Besides, I don't think I would need it for a long time. You can put it out for display for other gems to see or have it contained in a safe area. You may do whatever you want with it.

She lets out a few tears. Peridot puts on the shirt. Lapis hugs the art set.

(Bismuth) If it wasn't for you, none of us would be who we are today. You make me so proud to be a Crystal Gem!

She hugs him.

(Peridot) (crying) Why did you have to put it so well, Bismuth?!

She joins the hug.

(Lapis) I'm gonna use my tears to make a water color painting of you.

She joins the hug, too. They all let it out while Steven remains in his normal demeanor, not a single tear to be shed.

(All) We love you, Steven!

As uncomfortable as the hug was for Steven a little bit, he lets them have their moment since this was the last time they would ever see him for who knows how long.

Later

On Homeworld

Steven was telling the Diamonds next. On his way there, he stopped by the cells to visit a certain gem.

(Jasper) What is it?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

(Jasper) Why are you telling me this?

(Steven) Just thought you should know. And if you get released while I'm gone and start trouble, I won't hesitate to come back and throw you back in here. And next time, I won't be so patient with you, do you understand me?

(Jasper) Yes...

(Steven) Good.

He went on his quest to tell the Diamonds.

In Blue Diamond's room.

(Blue Diamond) (humming)

[Knocking]

(Blue Diamond) Come in.

The door opened.

(Blue Diamond) Steven, what brings you by?

(Steven) I have to tell you something.

(Blue Diamond) What is it?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

(Blue Diamond) What? Where are you going?

(Steven) I don't know. I'm not leaving because of you or anyone else. I feel like I'm not needed anymore and that's a good thing because peace is now established across the galaxy and potentially the universe.

She lets out a few tears before emitting her old powers.

(Steven) Blue, you're using your powers.

(Blue Diamond) Oh. Oh, I'm sorry, force of habit.

(Steven) It's okay.

(Blue Diamond) Will you return?

(Steven) Probably. If I'm ever needed again or if I feel like it, I'll come back and visit.

(Blue Diamond) Okay, good.

She hugs him.

(Blue Diamond) I will miss you. I promise to be a better gem than what I was before, even while you're gone.

(Steven) Good.

She pulls away and wipes a few tears off her face.

(Blue Diamond) Goodbye, Steven.

(Steven) Goodbye, Blue.

He left her room.

In Yellow Diamond's room.

(Steven) Yellow?

(Yellow Diamond) Steven, how is everything on Earth?

(Steven) Fine. I came here to tell you something.

(Yellow Diamond) What?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

Her face went into shock before she was fighting back the tears.

(Steven) Are you okay?

A singler tear falls down her face.

(Yellow Diamond) I'm fine... Just got something in my eye eariler.

She wiped her tear away.

(Steven) I'll be back. I don't know when but I will return one day.

(Yellow Diamond) And I hope that day is very soon. Farewell, Steven Universe.

She salutes him in the Diamond salute gems normally give to their commanding officers.

(Steven) Farewell, Yellow Diamond.

He returned the gesture.

In White Diamond's room

Steven walks up to White as she was scrolling through the newsfeed.

(White Diamond) Steven, it's nice to see you again.

(Steven) Nice to see you, too. But I'm here to tell you something.

(White Diamond) You're leaving.

(Steven) How did you know?

(White Diamond) I read your mind.

Well, that took away the emotional impact this part could've had. White stands up from her chair and walks to Steven.

(White Diamond) I'm not much for saying farewells permanently but...

She trails off into an awkward silence. She pats Steven's hair which did nothing but made it more awkward. Steven gives her an annoyed look.

(White Diamond) Sorry. I don't know much about human affection. But I did learn this.

She holds out her hand.

(White Diamond) I know this gesture is for greeting but I thought it would make a nice farewell.

He shook her hand.

(White Diamond) It was a pleasure meeting you, Steven. I hope we meet again someday.

(Steven) Me, too.

He leaves.

The tower

The door opens.

(Pink Diamond) Steven? What are you doing here?

(Steven) I'm here to tell you something.

(Pink Diamond) What?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

She went silent before responding.

(Pink Diamond) Is it because of me?

(Steven) No. My service is no longer needed so I'm leaving. I will come back but I don't know when.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, well, good luck. And I'm sorry, for everything.

(Steven) I forgive you. And good luck on your sentence.

(Pink Diamond) Thanks...

He leaves her.

Back on Earth

Little Homeworld

Steven knocks on the door of the little house he is visiting. The door opens.

(Volleyball) Oh, Steven. What are you doing here?

(Steven) I came to check on you.

(Volleyball) I'm doing okay. It was a bit stressful during the rebellion and me having the cracks on my face but thanks to you for helping me with my problems.

(Steven) You're welcome. I have something to tell you but you may not like it.

(Volleyball) What is it?

(Steven) I'm leaving.

(Volleyball) What for?

(Steven) Since peace was established yesterday, and justice has been delivered, I'm no longer needed by gemkind and the Earth and Homeworld is safe.

(Volleyball) Oh, but will you ever return here?

(Steven) Yes, I promise. I can't tell you when but I will come back when I can.

(Volleyball) Okay... Thank you for healing my eye and good luck.

(Steven) Thanks, and you, too.

They hugged.

Back at the house.

Steven found Spinel in the livingroom, inhaling some of Blue's clouds.

(Spinel) Hey, Steven. Want some clouds?

(Steven) No, but I do have something I want to say to you.

(Spinel) What is it?

(Steven) I'm not sure if you're ready to hear it.

(Spinel) Bullocks. You can tell me anything.

(Steven) I'm leaving.

She snorted clouds out of her nose.

(Spinel) WHAT?!

The clouds weren't working anymore.

(Spinel) W-w-what for?! Is it because is me?!

(Steven) No. I'm leaving because I'm no longer needed here.

(Spinel) B-but...

(Steven) What?

(Spinel) I don't want you to leave...

She grips onto him as she was crying.

(Steven) I'm sorry. But I have something to give you.

He gently pulls her away and gives her a communicator.

(Steven) I have another like it. We can use it to talk while I'm gone. That way, you won't feel lonely anymore.

Her lip was trembling before she grabs him into a hug.

(Spinel) You get out there and be whatever you wanna be... Don't let my tears slow you down.

(Steven) I appreciate it. I promise I'll talk to you when I can and you can talk to me if you want.

(Spinel) Yeah, I'll do that.

Outside

Steven had Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and Connie visit him outside, next to his car.

(Connie) So, Steven, what is it?

(Amethyst) Yeah, dude, what did you call us for?

(Steven) This might be hard for you to hear but I'm leaving.

It went dead silent.

(Steven) Hello?

(Amethyst) Why?!

(Pearl) Is it because of all those names I called you?! I swear, I never meant them!

(Steven) No, I'm not leaving out of spite. I'm leaving because In fulfilled my usefulness in the Crystal Gems. I don't have much planned here so I'm leaving. I'll come back someday but not sure when.

(Garnet) I see 1376 possibilities of you returning on certain days. But they're all randomized so I can't calculate when. But I hope you return very soon. We will miss you.

(Pearl) I will, too. And I am still very sorry about the names I've called you before.

(Steven) It's okay, Pearl. You were in distress, most of the time.

(Amethyst) I won't forget all the times when I doubted myself until you told me that it was okay to be me and that my flaws don't define me.

(Steven) I learned that from someone very close to me.

(Garnet) Phoebe.

(Steven) How did you know?

(Garnet) Greg told us. She was a beautiful woman.

(Pearl) Yes. Wished we met her before she passed away.

(Connie) Yeah. Me, too.

They all hugged Steven.

(All) We'll miss you.

(Steven) I'll miss you all, too.

They let go and he gets into his car. He doesn't have much luggage. He has a little box full of photos of his friends, a photo of Phoebe, a photo of Greg, a small box full of money (Greg gave him enough to have on his own), another box of food and water, and he has a communicator.

He waves them goodbye as he starts his car and drives off.

The End.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5.1K 78 9
A short story where Tom and Jerry meet Steven Universe. This may turn into a short story series. Both series belong to Warner Bros. Well, both belong...
34.8K 745 14
It was tough work healing all of Beach City. From the land to the settlements, all that was wrecked has now been rebuilt stronger and better than eve...
585 13 6
I do not own Steven Universe or Telltale Studios. A continuation of the first season.
4.2K 119 23
"You don't choose family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." - Desmond Tutu. A warrior who lost everything, an experience called an abo...