The Grindelwald's

By F_a_n_F_i_c_

Grindewald's kids are on the run, and three were sent to Azkaban,that's until Dumbledore decides to take them... More

Characters
Family Reuninon
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chpater 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Authors Note

Chapter 35

24 3 0
By F_a_n_F_i_c_

Two weeks later~

Im walking into the kitchen, "Good morning Mary." I see Mary looking out the window, paying no attention to me.

I place my hand on her shoulders and she jumps. "I didn't mean to scare you." I gave her an apologetic look.

Mary turns around and grabs two cups, "it's fine. I'm just looking at people pass by." She said while making both of us tea.

I turn on the stove and place a pan to make scrambled eggs. "You gotta work today?." I looked over at Mary nod.

I open the fridge and see that it's almost empty. I grab the box of eggs and start cracking open each egg on the pan. "I'll go to the bank and then go get groceries."

Mary walked over the fridge and opened it to see for herself, "oh my, I've been so busy I hadn't realized."

"That why I'll go, you've been busy lately so I'll deal with groceries for this week." I smile at her.

"But you can't go out, what if people recognize you. Mary gave me a worried look.

"They only saw side of my face on the newspaper's." I gave her a look letting her know everything would be fine.

"But lately the newspapers are filled with reports about you." Mary still fought with me.

"Mary I'm going to the muggle world." I grabbed the pan and placed scrambled eggs on her plate.

Mary stopped arguing with me and just ate her food. I placed the rest of the eggs in my plate and grabbed my cup of tea. "I was thinking if you can get my mothers manor rebuilt again."

Mary looked up at me, "How?."

I placed my spoon down, "well yeah just hire some people to rebuild it again. I'll give you the money so you can give to them. Easy."

Mary looked down at her watch and quickly got up to place her plate in the sink. "Fine." She rushed over me and planted a kiss on my head. Since I was locked up in Azkaban, I've seen Mary as a mother figure. Even though she was a guard, she still looked after me and tried to keep me out of trouble. "Be careful when your out there. I'll see you tonight." Mary grabbed her coat and walked out the door. I got up to close the door.

I finished my food and looked out the window just letting myself disconnect for a moment. I lost my appetite and placed my plate in the sink. I grab my coat and hat from the rack. On my way out I put it on and walk out of the apartment.

I walk down the block and turn right into the alley. I turn around to see if anyone was around and apperate to the muggle world.

I always go to this place that has a mini market inside a village. I walk out of the alley and the streets are filled with people. I pull my hat down a little more to cover my face and continue walking down the street.

After a couple of minutes I walk inside the bank and wait in line. I look down at my watch and I had enough time to go to a book store. The mini market doesn't open until 9 a.m.

The man in front of me gets out of the way and now it's my turn. I look inside my purse and pull out a piece of paper to show my account number. "Good morning, what can I help you today."

I stopped searching and the voice sounded so familiar. I slowly look up at the banker, "Ryker?!." I was in complete shock. The boy I met was no longer a boy but a man. He gotten so much taller, still handsome. So filled of..life?.

"Yep that's my name." The man in front of me smiled widely and pointed at his name tag.

I took off my hat to let him see me clearly. "Ryker what are you doing here... I thought..." I was completely lost of words.

The man at me started to look at me strangely. "Sorry but uhh..have we met before?."

I look at him strangely and for a moment thought maybe I had the wrong person. But it wasn't Ryker is standing right in front of me. So many emotions flowed over me. Im glad that he's not dead but I'm confused that he doesn't recognize me. "Yes we grew up together, we use to dat-."

"I'm sorry I just don't know who you are. I'm sure I would recognize someone who I grew up with." I looked at him painfully. Ryker really didn't recognize me.

"I must be confusing you then." I reach inside my purse and hand him the paper. "But anyways this is my account number and I need $700 please." Ryker grabbed my paper to write down in the book and headed to the back. I started to think why he couldn't recognize me and I knew this man is Ryker. I could not confuse him with anyone at all.

The man came back and put my money in the envelope. "Here you go and I'm sorry that Im not the person you thought I was." I just gave him a small smile. I looked at him one last time before heading out. I felt like I was torn into pieces.

I walked out and went to the book shop. Along the whole way I thought about Ryker. What was he doing here?. Why doesn't he recognize me?. What really happened or how did he survive?. Those were the questions that kept repeating over and over in my head. There only three people who can answer those questions. Mary, Theodore and Matteo. But right now the only one who can answer my question is Mary.

I open the door to the book shop and head inside. There stood up an old man from behind the desk. I put my hat back on and pulled it down to hide my face. "Good morning sir." But I didn't get a responses back.

I walked to the back of the shop to see what book caught my attention. My eyes gazed over the titles of the books but I couldn't keep my mind off what happened back at the bank.

Instead I left the shop and head towards a grocery market that's open, I wasn't going to wait until 9. I walk down a couple streets and cross the road to go inside a grocery market.

I open the door and walk inside. I grabbed a basket and started picking all the things we needed back at the apartment. I thought that as soon as I got out of here I would go home and then come back to follow Ryker. I really wanted to know what happened. What has he been up to and why he can't seem to recognize me.

I finished picking out everything we needed and paid . I was now walking down the street back to the alley. I bumped into someone dresses in a suit and a couple of apples fell out of the paper bag. I look up to see Ryker. "Im so sorry." He said while picking up the apples and placing them in the bag. "Oh your the girl who walked into the bank this morning."

I smiled, "Yep that's me." I felt a bit embarrassed how we bumped in and that he still didn't recognize as the girl he fell in love with but as the girl he assisted this morning at the bank.

"Well I'm sorry about bumping into you." He gave me an apologetic smile.

"No it's fine I get it your in a hurry." I looked at him trying to bring my self to ask him if he truly didn't recognize me.

"No im on my lunch break, I just need to be careful where I'm going." He said while pushing me gently off to the side to get out of people's way.

"Oh well I don't want to waste your time. I'm pretty sure you have a long day ahead of you." I smiled at him.

Ryker placed his hands on my shoulders, "I don't get out until 5 so I don't think it's a very long day."

I smiled, "Well it's nice seeing you again." Ryker nodded and we both walked away. I looked back to see him once again pushing past people.

I keep walking and then towards the alley and apperate back to another alley. I walk out of that place and now down the street of Mary's apartment.

I grab the keys from my coat and unlocked the door. I walk inside and placed the bags down to close the door. I take off my hat and coat to place it on the rack. I pick up the bags and start putting all the groceries where they belong.

Once I was done I went up my room and started making my bed and cleaning up a bit. I went downstairs and started cleaning up the living room and what not. I tried to keep myself distracted from thinking too much about Ryker.

Time passed and it's now it's 4:30 p.m., I grab my coat and hat. I hold on to the doorknob and think for a moment if I should really be doing this. That maybe I should wait until Mary comes but then again she won't be back until 9.

But I open the door anyways and make my way down the street. I wanted answer now and I'm not going to wait any longer.

Once I get to the alley I apperate quickly to the muggle world and start walking down the street. Only then it hits me, why the hell would Ryker live in the muggle word and working like an ordinary job like them.

I keep walking and take a seat at the bench across the street from the bank. People are still walking around this place, not as much as in the morning.

I look down at my watch and see that it's 4:57 p.m., which means Ryker shift is almost over. I keep my eyes set on the bank doors waiting for him to come out.

Then I start to have second thoughts about this. But I wanted my questions to be answered. Why or how is he alive. Theodore told me that he had died while trying to save Mary and Ryker.

But Theodore never went too into deep details or maybe because I was just too mad at him to even listen to him anymore.

But Ryker is alive, so why didn't he come back to me or say anything to me. But mainly why doesn't he recognize me.

The doors open and a couple people walk out. Between those people is Ryker. I get up from the bench and start walking towards his direction.

I'm walking faster so I don't lose him between the crowd. Now I'm starting to think that wearing these small heels wasn't such a good idea but I keep walking anyways.

I'm now close enough to not lose him out of sight. He keeps walking down the street until he makes a sharp turn into a mini market. I stop before going in and hesitate to go inside the market. I peak inside and see him talking to a person selling fruits.

Ryker buys a couple fruits and keeps walking around the market. As long as I can see him from here it should be fine. After a couple minutes I see him walking out with grocery bags, walks out back to the main street and I follow.

These heals are really killing me and if I could stop and take them off I would but I can't lose Ryker. After a couple minutes of walking around the center of the village we start walking towards some very nice apartments.

Ryker crosses the road and I stop and just watch where he goes. Once I see him open a gate I start walking down the street I was. So now we are opposite from each other.

The apartment door is open and out comes out a girl, she looks 18 just like Ryker. She's tall, short blonde hair with green eyes. This girl is very beautiful it made me feel a bit jealous of who this girl could be to Ryker. But when the door is fully open I get a glimpse of her small bump, it looks like she's only been between 12 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Ryker walks up the steps and sets down the bags. He leans in to his her on the lips. Ryker pulls away grabs the bags and walks inside. Only then I realize that this girl meant she's Rykers wife. That within a couple of months Ryker will have a child in his arms.

I start walking back the way I came from. I didn't even know what to feel about this. What I had just seen is that Ryker already forgot about me and everything else, he moved on with his life.

For a moment when I saw him this morning, I thought it meant I could restart my life with him. The one guy I wanted to spend my whole life, with no hesitation. I didn't want anyone else but Ryker, and when I made up my mind he was taken away from me.

Anger rises over me remembering the day Ryker was taken away from me. This was all Matteo's fault, he had full control of Ryker and I couldn't do anything to help him.

But I can't be mad at Matteo because even after what happened some part of me felt something for him. I would be a total hypocrite if I denied it.

But this morning I had hopes that bumping into Ryker would change everything. That possibly him and I could've ended up together, just like how it should've been. But Ryker ended up with another girl, a girl who's pregnant with his child.

I snap out of my thoughts and see that I'm already close to the bank. I cross the street and head towards the alley. There nor longer anyone walking down the street so it felt so easy for me to just apperate then.

I'm back inside the apartment. I walk up the stairs towards my room. I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling, just letting myself drown with the silence and loneliness Im feeling. A couple tears roll down my cheeks.

I should be happy for him but I'm not because someone else has taken my place. I shouldn't be so selfish but this feeling of hate won't go away.

I get up and pull out a suit case from under my bed. I open it up and start placing clothes inside and a couple shoes. Once I'm done packing I place the suit case on the bed and wait until Mary comes home.

I walk down the kitchen and take a seat. I look down at my watch and it's 6:26 p.m.

Mary will be home at 7. So in the meantime I open the small doors under the sink and pull out a bottle. I grab a small cup from the cupboard and sit back down.

I fill up my drink and start thinking about everything went completely wrong after my family died, those who have given up everything, those I have lost along the way. All that I have bottled up has been affecting me the past few weeks.

Mary has tried to get me to stop drinking and smoking. She thinks it's some stupid habit I've built up. But really it's just a bad way of coping with things. I noticed it's starting to get dark outside and I keep drinking.Not caring enough to turn on the lights.

The front door opens and Mary walks inside closing the door behind her. I prepared myself for her long talks with me right now.

Mary turns on the lights from the kitchen and I quickly put my hand over my eyes trying to block out the light. "Ashley Grindelwald! How many times have I told you not to be drinking." Mary placed her things down and rushed over to take the bottle away.

I grab the bottle out of her hands and get up. "You! out of all people have no right to tell me what I can and can't do." My voice sounds like I'm angry but I'm trying to make it sound like I'm not. But it's definitely not what she heard.

I sit back down, ashamed for raising my voice. This is her home and I'm not allowed to be disrespecting her like this. "I'm s-ssorry." I slouch on the chair and look up to stop any tears from coming down my face even more.

Mary kneels next to the chair, "Ash I understand you've been feeling hopeless." Mary gets up and reached over the cabinet, she pulls out a box and places it in the table. I knew what was inside the box but I never thought she had gone inside my room to take it from me. Mary opens the box revealing a couple of blunts, she points at the bottle and the box of blunts. "But this isn't the right thing to do."

I wiped away a couple of tears, " Mary if you want me to do the right thing then tell me what really happened to Ryker, the day Theodore went to save the two of you." I look at her in the eye. "Tell me everything you know."

Mary slowly takes a seat across from me. "Ryker and I were Matteo's prisoners." The mention of Matteo's name made me feel hurt and guilt. "One day there was a lot of shouting and I saw Theodore walk in and tried to break us free. But Matteo surrounded us and during that fight Ryker died." I shake my head in disapproval and cry in anger.

Mary hold my hands, "Ryker died to help us. The day your father attacked Hogwarts..remember when you got mad at Theodore for showing up late." I nod of course I remember that day. "That's the reason he was late."
Mary leans in, "If this is about your feelings towards Ryker, well you gotta let him go now. Give yourself peace."

I pull my hands away and shake my head still not accepting her version of the story. "He's not dead!."

Mary took the bottle and the box off the table and placed it somewhere else. "These things are making you go crazy. Stop being in denial Ashley. There's nothing you can do about it he's dead!."

I get up from the chair and slam my hand hard on the table, too hard that it stung. "I saw him today at the bank. He's alive Mary! He has a fuckin family!."

I knock the chair behind my and pull my hair in frustration. "He's going to be a father soon." Mary looks at me very confused, she still not convinced that Ryker is alive.

I kneel next to her, "he doesn't recognize me." I cry on her lap.

"I think you had enough to drink already, go to bed." Mary seemed worried for my state.

I get up and walk up the stairs, disappointed that she doesn't believe me. I walk inside my room and shut the door behind me. I look over at the suit case on my bed and decided that I should leave without Mary knowing.

I planned to leave with her knowing but things didn't turn out the way I thought it would. So I grabbed a paper and started writing down something for her.

Dear Mary,
I'm sorry for leaving without saying anything, but I need time. I don't know when I'll be back but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful you let me stay with you. This isn't a goodbye, I'll be back. Once I get myself together.

Love,
Ash.

I grab my suit case and apperate to a cabin off by Scarborough. A place very far from London but I liked going since it was just right next to the ocean.

This cabin didn't belong to me nor my parents. It belongs to Ryker, he had this place built for the both of us to come during the summer.

The cabin still looks in a good state. I walk up the steps and move the flower pot to get the keys from underneath. I open the door and walk inside.

I close the door behind me and turn on the lights. It's really cold in here so I go to the living room to turn on the heater.

I look out the kitchen window and think that I've made the right choice for me. This is a place that would help me get away from everything and give me time for myself.

Two months later~

I'm walking up the steps and knock on the door. The door opens and Mary pulls me in to hug me. "I'm happy to see you again." She said in a very exciting voice.

Mary squeezed me even hard. "Oh- it's g-ood to see you t-ttoo." Gosh this woman has so much strength. Once she lets go I'm able to get some air in my lungs.

Mary smack the back of my head, "where have you been!."

I softly rub over where she smacked my head, "away duh." I said sarcastically, but I wasn't going to tell her where I went just in case I planned to leave again.

Mary grabbed my suit case and closed the door behind me. I walked into the kitchen and sat down. Nothing much has changed since I left. "Do you want anything to eat?." I shook my head.

"Mary I need you to take me to Cornelius." She quickly turned around in shock. I pat at the table signaling her to take a seat. "While I was away I thought about a lot of things and between all those things...well you were right I can't let Liam win."

Mary smiles and leans in. "Fine I'll take you with him." She pulls me up from my seat and we head out of the apartment.

I pull back, "hold on I need my hat." I run back inside the apartment and grab my hat off the rack.

I walk back out, "there much better."

Mary laughs and side hugs me. "I'm glad your back."

Along the way we started catching up. I told her that I had found a job as a waitress in a restaurant near the cabin. That I haven't really done much but work. I also mentioned to her that I no longer go by Grindelwald but my mothers last name, Rosier. Mary was taken by surprised that I had changed my last name but understood why.

We walk into an abandoned red telephone both and I keep an eye out for anyone walking by. In the meantime Mary dials so we can get inside the ministry of magic.

Once inside I pull my hat down even more and I home my arm with Mary, for her to guide me. I bumped into many people but kept walking.

We start walking up the stairs and keep walking until someone stops us to talk to Mary. I pull away from Mary and continue walking down the hallways. I make a left turn and wait for her there.

After a couple of minutes she showed up, "Sorry."

I look up at her, "it's fine." Mary opens the door next to me and we walk inside.

"Cornelius it's so good to see you again." Mary said in a very weird way. I assume she's nervous of how he'll react when he sees me.

"Oh I wasn't expecting you or... this young lady accompanying you." Cornelius voice seemed to be cautious but drawn to who I was. Mary takes a seat and so does Cornelius.

I take off my hat and look up at Cornelius. His eyes widen and quickly gets up to lock the door behind me. "How?...y-your alive."

I look over at Mary and signals Cornelius to just relax. "I know it's a lot but please just hear her out, please Cornelius." I look over and the man shakes his head and takes a seat.

"I- i made everyone believe I was dead because Liam and I made a deal that he could leave my siblings alone for good if I just walked away." Cornelius seemed to be confused still. "Liam didn't want me step in my fathers place."

Cornelius shook his head making me think he understood. "So you thought it was best to make everyone think your dead without reaching out for help." He looked very angry.

"I had to sav-." But I was cut of before I could continue.

"Do you even know how much your siblings and friends were impacted by this?!." Cornelius voice made Mary flinch.

Mary stood up, "please Cornelius she did what she thought was best in that moment."

"Well clearly she didn't." Cornelius nostrils flared.

"All I did was turn myself in so Lima could hand over my sisters and leave my siblings alone." I looked at him directly in the eye but still his anger didn't go away.

"Miss Grind-."

"Miss Rosier." I cut in quickly.

Cornelius looked at me even angry as if thinking i was play some sort of game with him to make him even more mad. But he sighed trying to find paciente with me. "You got what you wanted but everyone else didn't." I look at him strangely. "Theodore left the illusion on its own due to him being investigated for having some involvement with his father Voldemort."

I look over at Mary wondering why she hadn't told me anything. But she shrugged her shoulders which meant she had no clue about this situation either.

"Which left the illusion members without a leader. Your brother, Liam saw this as an opportunity to take control over them." I started to think that after faking my death not a lot of good things have happened so far now that he's telling me all of this. I don't think so many consequences would come after this. "But the members didn't back down, they weren't going to let him control. The member have been in hiding ever since."

I started to think of where could they possibly be. Maybe back at the manor underground, but Cornelius isn't that stupid to not look there to begin with. "Do you have any clue at all?."

Cornelius shook his head, "No and even if they said where they were planning to hide then I'm not exactly sure who they told because I've talked to every single student at school and their family members and nobody has said a thing."

Cornelius leans in, "tell me why after awhile you've decided to show up?."

I look over at Mary, "because I'm not going to let Liam get away with this." I look back at Cornelius. "Plus I need answers because Ryker is alive too."

Cornelius looks surprised, "seems like people are coming back from the dead."

Cornelius stand up and hands us each a glass of water. "Fine I'll help you with what I can, but you need to also have this talk with Dumbledore before anything."

I nod and drink my water. "When?."

Cornelius places his glass down. "Now."

Mary and I get up and follow Cornelius to the other room that is a living room and handed me some boots. "It's cold."

I quickly put them on and we apperate to Hogwarts. This whole place is covered in snow and it's extremely cold. My fingers and nose instantly went cold. I was still amazed by how the castle looked.

The three of us start walking towards the bridge and I put my hat back on. "Good ideas you don't want to go around giving people heart attacks." I rolled my eyes at Cornelius comment.

I ducked my head down and Mary hooked her arm with mine to guide me. I heard a couple voice of student walking around once we were inside.

So far nothing out of the ordinary and I think everyone was in class because not many student were in sight.

After walking up so many levels we finally made it outside Dumbledores office. "You should wait here." Cornelius said while stopping me from going inside.

But I understand why going inside right now isn't a good idea just yet. So I simply nodded and both Cornelius and Mary went inside.

In the meantime I walked to the balcony and looked around. Pictures were still hung around the wall, I look underneath me to see the stairs were constantly moving around. It was just awfully quite which is good. I liked walking around the halls when it was quite.

But it was quickly broken when the doors were slammed open. Many student walking out of their classes and rushing up and down the stairs. I back away from the balcony to avoid being seen by others.

The door behind me open and turn around to see Mary, "come!." She whispered. I walk over to her and she pulls me inside the office.

I take off my hat and see Dumbledore slowly rising from his seat. He smiled to see that Im indeed alive and not dead like everyone else thinks.

I walk up to Dumbledore and hug him. "I'm glad that your still here with us."

I pull away, "I'm glad too but I need your help."

Dumbledore hands me a cup of tea and I accept. "Yes, Cornelius told me already."

Before I could drink my tea and I placed it down. "So do you know where they are?." I asked him curiously and he nodded. I look at Mary hopeful that I can start getting my group back together.

"But they aren't here." I looked at Dumbledore strangely. "They are at Drumstrang."

"Go find them and bring them back to the ministry." I look over at Cornelius surprised that he's letting me do this. I thought he would want to wait even longer.

"I can take you during winter break which is next month."Dumbledore is right he's the only one who can help me get there.

I nodded, "Sounds good. In the mean time we need to bring Liam down."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 59 51
the long lost daughter of severus snape has arrived at hogwarts. azkaban-deathly hallows 2 draco malfoy fanfic <3 & harry potter fanfic 🫶 love tri...
2.2K 103 33
Lucy finds her life turned upside down when a set of redheaded twins save her on the train to Hogwarts. As they get closer, a fellow Slytherin and he...
4.1K 63 23
With Dumbledore gone, Aria, Harry, Ron, and Hermione must find and destroy Voldemort's Horcruxes and eventually Voldemort himself. This proves to be...
18.4K 376 38
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...