Save You || Huang Renjun

By bbluejaee

"𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀? 𝗕𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘂�... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 | "loosen up"
Chapter 3 | "so, you've chosen death"
Chapter 4 | "maybe one day"
Chapter 5 | "just a little blood"
Chapter 6 | "boring is good"
Chapter 7 | "little assassin"
Chapter 8 | "lets dance"
Chapter 9 | "now i'm pissed"
Chapter 10 | "blood on your hands"
Chapter 11 | "absolutley stunning"
Chapter 12 | "good luck with that"
Chapter 13 | "perfect is overrated"
Chapter 14 | "special mission"
Chapter 15 | "something's wrong"
Chapter 16 | "because of you"
Chapter 17 | "meant to be"
Chapter 18 | "push yourself"
Chapter 19 | "hell to pay"
Chapter 20 | "you already know"
Chapter 21 | "for now"
Chapter 22 | "no more"
Chapter 23 | "that just happened"
Chapter 24 | "be yourself"
Chapter 25 | "something I'm not"
Epilogue
New Book! Haechan mafia ff
New Book! Taeyong mafia ff
New Book! Jeno mafia ff
NEW STORY

Chapter 1 | "who was that"

3.3K 125 38
By bbluejaee

*note: this story has been edited into a Renjun-centered story. If you are reading from when it was Hyunjin themed, please refer to the following character alignments:

Renjun = Hyunjin, Haechan = Felix, Jeno = Chan, Jaemin = Changbin, Chenle = Seungmin, Jisung = Jeongin, Mark = Minho, Yangyang = Han.

"Alright, Miyeon, get up." She awoke to a gruff voice coming from the side of her room. "Today's the day. You have 20 minutes to get ready and meet me by the front."

"Yes sir." She watched as her trainer dipped his head and shut the door to her room.

She quickly sprang out of bed, washing up and doing some light makeup before walking over to the table where her uniform still lay, neatly folded. She picked up the black garment, the dark material stiff and thick to protect her small frame. She quickly put it on, the fabric sliding over her lean muscles and fitting snug to her body.

It was an assassin suit. All black with armored plates along her forearms, non-dominant shoulder, and along the front of her shins. She took the black rolls of thick mesh and wrapped them around her hands and up her forearms like the was taught. The corset center was uncomfortable, the thick black leather flexing with her movements as she pulled it tight to her thin waist, sliding the knives into the carefully lined pockets along the sides of her body. The suit was different than her usual training suit with the tight corset and the unnecessary half-skirt that hung along the backside of her outfit.

She scoffed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Trying to make an assassin somewhat presentable.

The front of her legs were exposed, and she rolled her eyes at the way the extra fabric hanging off the back swished every time she moved.

Whatever. She thought to herself. At least it wont get in the way.

She then put on her half-harness, hanging across her body like a sling and running down one of her thighs, lined with more knives and finally a place to hold her sword. Feeling satisfied with her look, she quickly put her long black hair into a side braid before putting on her mask, only her eyes showing over the black fabric.

She stared at herself in the mirror. She looked good, pretty badass. Her knives were concealed enough to be presentable, but her sword was also threatening enough to stop anyone from messing with her. Far fancier than the usual, simple, training suit she was used to, but that's expected now that she would be in the palace. It still seemed like a dream to Miyeon, finally getting to work in the palace. Her 18 years of training finally put to the test as the middle prince's personal guard.

Today will be the start of the rest of my life.

- - -

"wake up loser!"

"Ugh! You're so annoying."

"Come on, dad wants us downstairs in 10 minutes!"

Renjun chuckled to himself as he watched his younger brother, Jisung, struggle to get out of bed. He quickly tossed his brother a brush and pushed him towards the bathroom.

"Your hair is a mess, go get ready. I'll meet you in the main room."

Jisung just groaned in response, still half asleep as Renjun retreated to his own room through their connected doors. He walked over to his closet, looking at the array of suits hanging before selecting a black one with silver accessories.

"Hello, little brother."

Renjun spun around at the sound of a voice coming from behind him, clutching his chest in fear as his older brother smirked at him.

"Jesus, Mark, you scared me."

"Gotta stay on your toes, Junnie, today is the day our lives really begin." Mark laughed out, already wearing a suit as he took a seat on the edge of Renjun's bed.

Unlike Renjun, Mark's suit was decorated with medals and a golden sash. Being the oldest, he was next in line for the throne, and today being his 25th birthday, it meant that all the brothers would be thrust into the spotlight as he came of age.

"Here," Renjun grabbed a package from his seat and tossed it to Mark. "Happy birthday, loser."

"Is that any way to talk to your future king?" Mark scoffed in response, tearing open the package. "Oh Renjun, is this...?"

"Grandfathers ring." Renjun said with a nod, looking at the small golden item with a smile.

"I can't take this from you, Junnie, he gave it to you. He always liked you more." Mark said, putting the ring down.

"Oh be quiet. He loved you. And the future king should have it. It's tradition." Renjun watched as Mark carefully inspected the ring. "He was just afraid you'd lose it."

Mark let out a chuckle, rolling his eyes and nodding his head.

"I probably would have," he smiled as he slid the ring onto his finger. "But I'll take good care of it, Junnie, thank you."

"Of course."

Mark stood up, smoothing out his suit and straightening up with a practiced smile plastered onto his face.

"You ready for this? All eyes are on us now."

"Of course, your majesty Crown Prince Mark." Renjun dropped into an over dramatic bow, only to be shoved by his older brother.

"Don't even start with that. I'll see you downstairs, father will be waiting." With a final smirk, Mark left the room.

Renjun quickly changed into the suit, the silver accents on his shoulders and belt glimmering against the dark fabric. He brushed through his fluffy brown hair, giving himself a quick once over in the mirror as he hooked his sword into place on his hip.

As he surveyed his outfit, he let out a sigh. He looked ever the perfect prince and today his life would really begin.

Today I'll finally start the rest of my life.

- - -

Miyeon followed behind the boy in front of her. Jeno was his name, the head of the Prince's guard and one of two personal protectors of Crown Prince Mark. She kept her eyes down, the rest of her face hidden by her mask, as she walked through the halls with one hand on her sword.

Jeno led her through the twists and turns of the palace, but she already knew exactly where she was. Her training included extensive knowledge of the castle. As the sole protector of Prince Renjun, she had to be prepared.

Jeno opened a door and invited her into a bright room. There were couches and chairs, a TV on one wall as well as a table with an ornate chandelier. The guard's quarters.

"Alright." She heard the older boy speak, his eyes sparkling down at her as he pulled off his mask. "Wait a moment and I'll introduce you to the rest of the crew." He walked away towards one of the doors. "Oh and you can take off your mask in here."

With a nod, she relaxed her shoulders, dropping her rigid training posture and taking off her harness as well as her mask. She let out a sigh as she looked around the room, the white, modern design a stark contrast to the dark training quarters she was used to. In her all-black uniform, she stuck out like a sore thumb, well, that was until the other 3 boys entered the room, clad in similar outfits.

"Alright, Miyeon, these are the guys. Guys, this is Miyeon, the new recruit. She's Prince Renjun's personal." Jeno said as the two new boys dipped their heads towards her.

"Hi, I'm Jaemin," said the taller of the two. "I'm Crown Prince Mark's other guard. I look forward to working with you."

She shook his outstretched hand, surprised at how strong and muscular he was.

"I'm Chenle, it's nice to meet you." Said the other boy, a happy aura about him as he shook her hand. "I'm Prince Jisung's personal guard."

"It's great to meet you guys." She said with a smile. "As Jeno mentioned, I'm Miyeon."

"So Miyeon," Jeno started, gesturing her over to the couches. "We've never had a girl on the Prince's guard before, but we hear you're quite exceptional."

"I know I'm the first but I'll do my best. I won't let Master Lee's training fail me." She said with a firm nod as the boys around her gasped.

"You were trained by Master Lee?" Jaemin said with a gasp.

"The head of late King Huang's guard?" She nodded towards Chenle.

"He's my grandfather. Even though he's retired, he taught me everything I know."

"Wow, I can see why they recruited you then. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine." Jeno said with a respectful nod. "So-"

"I told you to knock while they're in there!" Miyeon turned as they were interrupted by someone entering the room, all of them instantly standing.

"Oh come on, Princes don't knock." replied another voice as two people walked into the room.

Instantly, the three boys around her dropped into bows, Miyeon following suit before Jeno approached the new comers.

"Sorry Jeno," she heard one boy say. "I tried to stop him."

Miyeon couldn't see who had entered, her view blocked by Jaemin's taller frame, but she caught glimpses of a boy in a suit and another in more common formal wear.

"Don't worry about it, Yangyang." One boy named Yangyang. I'll have to figure it who that is. "You're always welcome here, Prince Renjun."

Her eyes widened at the mention of the Prince's name, not expecting to meet him like this and she quickly tried to calm her nerves.

"Oh relax, Jeno, I just came to say hi." She heard a voice say with a chuckle, the older boy soon chuckling along as well. "We go live today. Your team feeling good?"

"Ready to go, sir. Your personal guard arrived today, but you'll meet later." Miyeon heard Jeno say, resisting the urge to peer around Jaemin.

"Well alright then. Are they good? Will I be in safe hands?" She heard the prince ask with a joking tone.

"I assure you, you'll be in great hands." Jeno said with a smile.

Renjun opened his mouth to say more but was cut off by Yangyang tugging on his arm.

"Jun, we have to go, it's almost time."

Unable to fight her curiosity, she shifted ever so slightly to the side to try and get a glimpse of the prince. As the boy named Yangyang dragged Renjun through the doors, he met eyes with Miyeon, a gasp escaping his lips right before the door was slammed shut.

Renjun stood stunned for a moment outside of the door, the electric feeling still lingering in his body. Yangyang quickly shoved him forward, forcing him to begin to walk down the hallway. Renjun walked briskly, his eyes trained in front of him as always, but his mind was still buzzing with the pictures of those eyes running through his head.

"Who was that?" He whispered to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.2K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...
57.5K 1.3K 23
Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her part-time job. A boyfriend is a big no in...
4.5K 175 20
"I'm supposed to protect you, not fall in love with you." ꗃ bodyguard au [ completed ] ( 1/6 00'𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 )
170K 5.8K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...