The Waiter Boy - A Ziam AU Mi...

By Anonymous43

Liam has worked at the diner for a year, and practically grown up there, but he's never met Zayn before. In t... More

Chapter 1 - The Newcomers
Chapter 2 - They Are All The Talk
Chapter 4 - Wild Nialler
Chapter 5 - Bring It On
Chapter 6 - I'll Always Be Here
Chapter 7 - Do You Feel The Same?
Chapter 8 - Life Is An Uphill Battle
Chapter 9 - Please Come With Me
Chapter 10 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 11 - Goodbye?

Chapter 3 - You'll Have To Turn Him

15.4K 748 432
By Anonymous43

I'm really enjoying writing this story. It's a bit more laid back then my other writings, and makes me calm down... :)

READ ON!

Liam’s P.O.V.

            Niall seemed to hit it up with Zayn, and I didn’t like it. There was something about Zayn that made me uneasy, maybe it was that fact that he still stared at me, and he winked at me. I couldn’t figure out what I had done. That Louis lad didn’t do that stuff towards me, so what was with Zayn?

            I was excited that they were going to stay for a week or two—I had overheard Niall’s conversation with them. But I hoped that Zayn would stop staring at me. It was starting to make me feel bad.

            “Taking your lunch break?” Someone said, falling into step with me. It was Niall, he must have finished eating and run to catch up to me.

            “Yeah,” I nodded with a smile.

            “So, do you like Zayn and Louis? They are staying for a week or two,” He smiled enthusiastically.

            “Yeah, but I don’t know if I like Zayn,” I said, “He makes me feel all weird.”

            Niall broke out laughing, “Sounds like you’re in love with him,”

            “No, that’s not it,” I said shaking my head and hitting his arm, “He like, stares at me, like I’m doing something wrong, and then he winked at me,” I explained.

            “Okay, let me fix my original statement. Sounds like he is in love with you,” Niall giggled, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

            “No, Niall,” I shook my head, “He definitely isn’t gay,”

            From everything I had collected from Zayn, he was straight, and sometimes played the bad boy role, but not always. He was quiet, but not overly so, and he didn’t seem gay at all. But then again, you aren’t normally able to tell whether someone is gay until you know them well. I didn’t know anything about Zayn really. I decided that if I didn’t know him well, I should stop making assumptions and conclusions. It was rude.

            “Well, if he was staring at you, and he winked at you,” Niall explained, “Then there is something definitely there,”

            “No,” I insisted.

            “Oh, c’mon Liam,” Niall groaned, “You are the hottest guy in town,”

            “Wha--” I opened my mouth to question him, but he cut me off.

            “I can assure you that you catch everyone’s eye, whether they are a girl, a guy, whether they are straight, or gay. You just have that extremely sexy vibe about you, and you are polite and nice on top of all that.” Niall stopped walking and so did I.

            “Stop,” I was blushing badly.

            “No, Liam,” Niall shook his head, “It’s true. You need to accept it. People are going to be interested in you, and when they look at you and wink, it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong or right, it just means that they like you,”

            “I really don’t think so,” I blurted out. I was not attractive, I was nothing. I was just Liam, who had that average job as a waiter at the town diner.

            “Oh, c’mon, stop being so humble, realize that you are fucking beautiful already,” Niall laughed. I had never heard Niall talk like this before. He normally only said stuff like this about girls. Was I an exception? “And before you ask, I am straight,” He said, “But it’s true, you are attractive, just ask Harry. I’m sure he has thought about snogging you at one point or another,”

            I was sure that my face was bright red now, but I tried to ignore it.

            “Are you having lunch at your house?” Niall asked.

I nodded, “I’m making food for my grandmum too, you can come in if you want,”

“Sounds good,”

Once I had made lunch and eaten with Niall and Granny—yes, Niall did eat two lunches—Niall and I headed back to the diner. John, my boss, was in today, filling in for me while I took my break.

“Liam!” He smiled when I walked in.

John was a good man. He was big—well over six foot and so muscular it kind of worried me—and he often underestimated his strength. He walked over to me and patted me on the back, but it wasn’t so much of a pat as a hit. The air escaped my lungs for a moment and I had to cough and grab my chest to breath normally again.

“You have been running this place like a military base,” He smiled. It made me want to laugh really, because John obviously didn’t know anything about military bases.

“It’s not that hard,” I admitted. It really wasn’t. The people knew me, I knew the people, and Harry made the food. Simple. Straightforward.

“I heard there are some new people in town,” John said. I nodded. “Have they come in for a bite to eat yet?”

“Yeah, twice,” I said.

“Great,” He smiled, “Let’s try to get them in here for every meal,”

I nodded, and started getting back into the flow of work.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            Louis and I spent the rest of the day exploring. There was a sweet shop, a hardware store, a general store, and a movie theater, which seemed to be the hit of the town, especially as it started getting later. There was also a huge wooded area behind the hardware store, which got creepier and creepier as the sun went down.

            “We could go catch a movie tonight,” Louis suggested.

            “Yeah, that sounds good,” I agreed.

            We finished walking around, and then headed to the theater, to see what movie was playing. Yes, there was only one movie there a time, and the theater was only one room. It was playing some romantic comedy that I honestly didn’t want to see, but Louis wanted to see it, and I wasn’t going to tell him no. So we bought tickets and headed in a few minutes before the show started. There were only a few seats open in the back row, so Louis and I headed there. From the top of the theater we could see everyone else, and I was enjoying getting to know the towns citizens from afar. Suddenly, someone caught my eye. The waiter boy, Liam, in the front of the theater with the curly haired boy, the blonde boy, and a girl who I had never seen before. A sudden           pang of jealousy hit me. Of course he’s straight. And I am too. So why was I suddenly furious?

            “Hey look,” Louis whispered to me, “Waiter boy,” A smirk covered his face, and I bumped his shoulder.

            “Shut up,” I shook my head, “He’s with a girl anyway,”

            Right on cue, Liam wrapped his arm around the girl, and she leaned her head on his shoulder. I held back an angry noise, and tried not to let Louis see me get upset. When I looked over to him to make sure he wasn’t still making fun of me, I noticed his eyes locked on the back of the cooks hair. I think his name was Harry.

            “See something you like?” I asked him. Suddenly Louis blushed and hit my arm.

            “I’m engaged you twat,” He furrowed his eyes brows in anger, yet it also seemed like he was a bit conflicted with himself. Was Louis falling for someone? He couldn’t. He was engaged. He was getting married in a month.

            The movie started, and it was exactly what I had expected. It was a chick flick mostly, with some funny parts and good actors. Louis seemed to enjoy it, and I did too, but not as much as him.

            Two hours and a tear jerking scene later, Louis and I walked out of the theater, him with teary eyes.

            “You’re crying, Lou?” I teased.

            He hit my arm, “Be quiet you idiot. It was sad, okay?”

            “Lou, your gay side is showing,” Right as I said those words Liam passed by with his friends, and the curly haired one perked interest in my words. I noticed his eyes on Louis’ bum and I chuckled to myself.

            “I’m not gay, I’m bi,” Louis shook his head, “Get it right,”

            Louis was a little more open about this around people that he didn’t know, and would probably never see again after this week. I know that if we had been at a movie theater back at home, he would have never said anything like that.

            I noticed Harry still very interested in our conversation, and decided to work it up a little bit, “So Louis, did you see the handsome worker at the diner?”

            Louis seemed a bit confused, but nodded, “Uh, yeah, we talked about this earlier. What’s got you all worked up all of the sudden?”

            “Nothing,” I smirked, knowing that Harry had heard the entire conversation. I turned around too keep walking, and I ran into something hard, yet soft and warm at the same time. I knew it was a person when arms wrapped around me to keep from falling. “Oh, gosh, excuse me,” I muttered pulling myself back upright and turning to face the person I had run into.

            Of course it was him.

            Liam just smiled, “No problem,”

            Then I got lost in his damn eyes again. Why did he have to be so beautiful? Yeah, that’s right, I said this guy was beautiful. I didn’t even care anymore.

            “Uh,” Liam mumbled awkwardly.

            “Oh,” I said, pulling my eyes away and looking at my shoes, “Sorry,”

            He patted my shoulder, sending electrical current through my body. I shivered, and hoped he didn’t notice it.

            “You’re fine,” He chuckled. Standing so close to him, I could tell we were about the same height, I may have been a bit taller. My muscles did compare to his, but he was just so fucking sexy I couldn’t contain myself. I bit on my lip to stop myself from saying anything.

            “Did you like the movie?” Niall stepped up from behind Liam. I was thankful for Niall saving me, even though he didn’t know he had helped me at all.

            “It was good,” I smiled. Louis came up from behind me and joined in.

            “Really good,” He said.  I chuckled.

            Then Harry and the girl came over. The girl. For some reason I wanted her to go away.

            “I don’t think you two have met Danielle,” Liam said, gesturing to the girl, “And for a formal introduction, this is Harry,” then he gestured to the curly haired boy. Louis suddenly seemed nervous, and stepped behind me a little when he looked at Harry.

            “We have heard so much about you,” Danielle said stepping forward and shaking my hand. I wanted to laugh. We had only been here for like, two days.

            “Thanks,” I muttered.

            “Alright, well, we have to get you home, babe,” Liam said, wrapping his arm around Danielle. Babe. He called her babe, and then wrapped his arm around her. My body shook with sudden rage, but I just bit my lip hard and contained myself. We waved and watched Liam walk away, with Danielle under his arm and Harry and Niall trailing behind him.

            “Huh,” Louis said, “Looks like if you want him, you’ll have to turn him,”

            Turn Liam gay.

            There was no way in hell.

            A sudden wave of sadness and anger hit me, and I turned on my heel, heading back to the hotel.

            I guess I’m gay, and I’m in love.

            Too bad the person I love is already seeing someone.

_________________________________________________________________

What do you guys think?

I don't think many people are reading this, but, we'll see how it goes. As long as I am making someone happy, I will keep writing.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.7K 12
Zayn thought he wanted to know where Liam worked. Apparently he thought wrong. This story is belong to scottmcniceass on AO3
25.3K 1.1K 40
Zayn and Liam are getting married. Zayn had an ex and is still not over him. The thing is that Liam knows about it all and is willing to try to mak...
54.2K 1.7K 14
[Completed] Niall was a lonely boy in school. Had a few friends, who had lovers, but he was single. Until two jocks came into his life and changed ev...
Oblivion By TSX

Fanfiction

146K 7K 37
No one know what's happening at home to Liam. No one sees how much he hates himself. No one sees how friendless and alone he really is. Until zayn c...