Affair Of The Heart - Season...

By TutuSahiba

It's Scientifically Proven that : When a guy likes a girl, he will look her in the eyes. When a girl likes a... More

Author's Wrote
Lil Glimpse [ 1 ]
Shivaay Singh Oberoi
Annika D'Young Souza
Impertinance Of Eyes - Chapter 1
Hearts at Great Rate - Chapter 2
My Favourite Notification - Chapter 3
The Skinny Love - Chapter 4
Something to Believe In - Chapter 5
Your Hand In Mine, Happiness - Chapter 6
One Large Hug Ordered - Chapter 7
Lil Glimpse [ 2 ]
Platonic Cheek Kiss-Chapter 8
Sup, I'm Awkward - Chapter 9
Kiss being taught - Chapter 10
The Lip's Corner - Chapter 11
Last First Kiss - Chapter 12
I Missed You - Chapter 13
Lil Glimpse [3]
Yes, I do - Chapter 14
A Glass of Milk - Chapter 15
Mister Male Angel - Chapter 16
Mission : Seduce your Spouse - Chapter 17
Lil Glimpse [4]
World's Best Picture - Chapter 18
Divorce ? - Chapter 19
I don't deserve you - Chapter 20
Me before you - Chapter 21
Time for the Moonlight - Chapter 22
Shivika - Chapter 24

In the Pink - Chapter 23

804 135 102
By TutuSahiba

When someone
unconditionally
loves you,
it changes you.

************************

BACKYARD

A : Shivaay!

Annika called her husband who was mixing colours in the water with a deep soup ladle. Shivaay gave an enthusiastic grin and continued stirring the water. She frowned seeing two big tubs filled with red and green colour mixed water.

A : Shivaay, careful!

She held his hip and pulled him back. His mouth gaped realising that in the joy of holi, he almost went inside the tub.

S : I would have become like a damaged wet paper if not your pull.

A : Wet pa—ugh! What are these tubs for ? Are you planning to push
Omkara inside ?

S : That's a lovely idea. But, I don't plan murders out loud. And that creature shouldn't be killed decently. Did you asked me something? Yes, these tubs. It will be easy to re-fill the pichkari.

A : Pich—pich what ?

S : Pichkari nahi pata tumhe ? Love, don't disappoint me.

Annika shrugged off for which he gasped.

A : By the way, thank you for calling me as love. Been months away from you endearing me.

Shivaay knitted his brows while keeping hands on his hips. He yelled in pain when he felt a hard slap on his nape. Creature is here.

S : How dare you, Omkara!

O : Bura mat maano bhai, aaj holi hai. Sab chaltha hai.

S : Holi never gave you a legal certificate to manhandle me. Stupid camel, it hurts!

O : I'm not a camel!

S : Oh, shut up! You're a Bactrian camel with long hair. No humps but gigantic salivating mouth.

O : What the hell! Yo——

A : Guys guys! Relax. At least don't fight on an auspicious day.

O : Auspicious doesn't exist in his presence.

S : Rude rhinoceros. Why did you even invite him, love ?! God! I wish Gauri was here.

O : Oh ho! Love is dazzling again.

Shivaay glowered at Omkara for stressing the word, love.

S : Mo——

O : Zip your stupid mouth. Mumma must be waiting you, go now. She brought gifts——

Shivaay's eyes gleamed in the mention of gifts and sprinted away. Omkara rolled his eyes and turned behind to see a smiling Annika. He smiled before wrapping his arms around her. Annika reciprocated keeping her hands on his back.

O : Thank you for not giving up.

Annika smiled and stroked his back. He withdrew from the hug and held her shoulders.

O : A very happy Holi, Mrs once-upon-a-time Sanskari Shivaay.

A : Om, I'm not ready to witness another round of quarrel. It's in all time availability when you both stays together. He might come, let's go.

Omkara and Annika walked inside the house to welcome a happy sight of Shivaay hugging Rudra. Omkara internally groaned when he saw Shivaay swaying him in the hug, lovingly. No matter what an ass he is, he's his best friend! Annika cleared her throat breaking the perfect moment of them.

A : I'm your bestie. Just thought of informing you.

Omkara squeezed his eyes towards Shivaay to receive a long-time-no-see look from him. Rudra ran and took Annika in a tight hug. Omkara twisted his lips. Why is he fated so cruel ? He rolled his lower lip between his teeth when he realised he's having too dramatic thoughts for no one to be bothered around. In sometime, Shivaay's cousin and Annika's parents arrived. Though Shivaay is a guy with cool tags, he hated the look of his Dada and Dadi on him.

O : : Hurmm—mmm!

S : Cough ? Cold ? Sore throat ? Thyroid ? Throat cancer ?

O : Fu—shut up. I just needed your attention.

S : My attention is too costly to spend on a cheapo like you. Ekdum two ruppee ka maal hai tu!

O : Maal ?! How dare you!

Shivaay sealed his lips when Rudra came infront of them. He folded his hands above his muscular chest and stared at them.

O : He's getting rude.

S : He's getting clingy.

O : I just wanted your attention!

S : That's what clingy people do.

O : You——

A : I so know it! I so know it! Three of you, follow me. Without a word!

Omkara and Shivaay glared at each other. Shivaay pulled Rudra in between them and snaked his arms around his left bicep. Omkara fumed and snaked his arms around his right bicep. Rudra felt used. Period.

Omkara's mother : This your first Holi——

S : Ma, did you really forgot ? When I was 10, i splashed water colour balloon on Omkara. His white pant became transparent revealing the superman logo on his underwear. That was my first Holi.

Omkara hung down his head. Can't he just simply say that his first Holi was in the age of ten ?

R : You're a DC fan, right ?

O : Shut up you! Mom, move on from laughing with him. Explain to the stupid clearly.

Omkara's mother : Shivaay, it's your first Holi with your wife. May this Holi brings you two the beautiful freedom to choose the correct colors like making right decisions for spreading love and happiness.

Shivaay and Annika smiled looking at each other and bent down to take her blessings. Everyone blessed them including Dada and Dadi which took him in a surprise.

O : Look at them. She's keeping her hand on his back instead of him. He's supposed to hold her waist! What a jerk you let your best friend to get married!! See how happily he's enjoying all the attention and sweets.

R : Nevertheless he's too cute.

O : Acha! Why don't you become his kept ?

R : Eww! I'm not you. I've a girlfriend and I love her.

O : Not like me ? Do I look like a—-

S : Hurmm—mmm!!

O : Someone is having sore throat here, Rudy.

Shivaay chuckled before hugging Omkara. Rudra shook his head in disbelief. After completing the puja, everyone prepared themselves for the actual Holi. Annika went with Omkara's mother. Meanwhile, the three musketeers gathered in the backyard.

S : Pichkari ?

O : On mark.

S : Balloons ?

R : On mark.

S : Powder ?

O : You assigned yourself to bring powder! Forgot ?!

S : Woh—I—

O : You stupid! Go and bring it! Rudra, let's get the balloons filled.

Shivaay twisted his lips whilst Rudra passed a helpless look. Shivaay released a huge breath from nose before Omkara's face to get a hard glare on return. When Shivaay went away, Omkara touched his face to make sure there's no mucus from his nostrils on his angelic face. Because, that was indeed a huge breath!

Before Shivaay could enter the house, Annika came. His eyes twinkled seeing her. She was in a traditional casual kurti in yellow. Hair left open, accessorised with mangalsutra and bangles. She looked as simple as she can. She didn't wear make up but the smile on her face.

Everything went out-of-focus. His happiness was coming towards him. There was no time, mild wind, a soothing orchestra, some soft feathers from nowhere, white curtains flying behind her. The love in her eyes were free. He felt like a love-sick hero looking at his heroine. But the moment didn't went longer when Michael joined her. Destroyed - the curtains, orchestra. Feathers seemed like an ostrich feathers, mild wind turned into a storm.

A : Shivaay...

She touched his shoulder.

S : Ha..Haan. I—-Michael you. Love. Michael.

Annika raised her both brows, biting her lower lip.

A : You love Michael ?

S : NO! I mean no, why not. I love him. Michael why don't you join your mother ? She was looking around for you.

Michael nodded with a smile. Annika hit Shivaay's forehead when Michael disappeared from there.

A : What was that ?!! We just came meeting his mother.

Shivaay pressed his lips down in embarrassment and shock. Before he could say anything, Omkara and Rudra joined them.

O : Where's the powder ?

A : Powder ? Om, you look great. Why do you need it ?

Omkara side hugged her and Shivaay looked at him from top to toe. Great and him, can he just spit ?

O : Actually, your husband needs powder now.

A : Shivaay...

R : Yes, Anu! It was his idea to use powder while playing Holi.

A : Why ? May I ask.

S : Love, white is a colour of peace. And why to make it feel out in an auspicious day ? Just my martyr thoughts.

Annika raised her brow. His reason isn't what he meant, she know. He's totally in the mood to turn the people in the house as a white ghost. Especially his dada and dadi.

A : Forget about powder. It's our first Holi, so you have to apply the colour on me first. Omkie's mumma told this strictly.

Shivaay smiled and held her hand. Omkara expression was bewildered to see the bold out of his bastard. He got her away. A warm spread across her cheeks feeling his gaze on him. She closed her eyes when she felt his breath from his parted lips on her lips. She quivered.

S : Happy Holi, Annika. My love.

She gasped when she felt his palms rubbed colour on her face. Although the festival is to get immersed in the dignified shades of Holi, the least she expected from him was to be romantic. She opened her eyes with struggle. He was grinning looking at her. She touched her face to realise she has been brutally honoured by pink colour. Oh, her husband cared to apply her favourite colour. How romantic.

S : Happy Holi! Holi! Holi! Happy Holi!

He drew her cheeks in circular motion. She smirked before holding his kurta and pulling him closer. There was no sound from his mouth but his lips kept fumbling. His hands were in the air. A shaky breath left his mouth when she rubbed her left cheek on his left cheek. He felt good. She followed the same on his another cheek and withdrew back. She kept her lips on his. She simply opened closed her lips. His lips slowly gave pressure on hers. His hands cupped her cheeks.

A : Happy Holi, Shivaay. My baby.

She wished, breath upon his lips. He opened his eyes and looked at her. She was looking into his glistening cyan eyes. He kissed her. The softness in his kiss, told her about the eternal passion he have for her. Their lips stopped moving when the need of air knocked it. A thin line of saliva and shaky breath were between their an inch away lips as a communication.

A : Oh my god, Shivaay! Gulaal se bhi zyaada gulaabi lag rahe hain.

S : An..Ann—-

OmRu : Shit!

Shivaay's eyes shut closed whilst Annika's eyes widened in horror. She softly pushed him away and awkwardly smiled at them.

R : Anu, you're looking like a pink maleficent.

A : Ru, shut up! I'll be back shortly.

Shivaay tapped his feet on the grass restlessly. She left him alone in the soup. He felt them tapping his shoulder from back, so he turned around. Omkara and Rudra looked at his for some seconds before laughing. Shivaay created an exasperated face.

S : Shut up both of you! Can we go and play now ?

R : Haan haan, why not! Chalo.

Shivaay smiled when he saw all the kids from Oberoi Happy Home orphanage. He kneeled down and embraced them in his arms. Everyone got their hair down and blended themselves in the loud music while drenching themselves in colours. The kids threw water balloons on each other and joyed around.

S : Love, this is pichkari.

Shivaay told excitedly and drenched Annika in colour. Not again! Rudra passed a water gun to her. Everyone drenched in color completely. Shivaay and Annika were the limelight of the show. Much to Shivaay's glee, sound and Bollywood music was there. Of course, the national anthem of Holi : Balam Pichkari was played and created the perfect ambience of colourful festival. The festival brought in the positive change.

Annika saw his face. Finding happiness in the smile on his face, surely enlightened her world. He's a hope, he's her love. Shivaay snaked his arms around her waist. They giggled, grooved and lived.

Last Chapter aheads :-)

_______________________________________
Gratitude, Love Comrade.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 2K 25
Aditi - you never realise the way he looks at you?? he is clearly in love with you Ishan - what are you saying aditi?? how can THE SHUBMAN GILL be in...
180K 14.6K 66
Sidharth, a simple normal man like many other, who get scared, who gets nervous who cries too but that doesn't define he is less of a man. On the o...
80.4K 3.2K 25
She's blind, broken and angry at life. He's blind, optimistic and determined to show her that losing her vision isn't the end of the world. And so...
4.4K 160 9
its a unique love story of a girl and boy.. This is my sixth Short Story.. keep reading to know about this Story.. #AngelAshu