Love will find the way (Jeffe...

By kykyxstandler

Jefferson thought he lost his wife but what if he thought wrong… Jefferson/OC More

1- The thing you love most
3- Lost and found
4- I hate him, I love him
5- Tomorrow's another day

2- Snow falls

2.1K 30 6
By kykyxstandler

''I do'' he whispered softly. As I looked into his blue eyes, I felt a tear drop from mine, there was so much love in his eyes, I thought I would burst with happiness. He gently brushed away my tear with his thumb. A look of concern came in his eyes, so to reassure him that everything was fine, I mouthed 'I love you' to him and smiled, it appeased him instantly.

''I now pronounce you, husband and wife.'' I never thought I could be happier. ''You may now kiss your bride.'' Said the minister. He took me in his arms, dipped me and with one hand on my back and the other cupping my cheek, kissed me senseless.

I awoke with a gasp and a strange feeling of extreme euphoria. I tried to remember what my dream was about but I couldn't, oh well, that sucks but c'est la vie. I looked at my alarm clock it read 10:17 and there was a note lying in front of it. I picked up, it said: 'Lily, meet me and Emma at our spot after school, at 3:30. Henry'. Well I just found out what to do today but I still have about five hours before I have to meet with Henry and his birth mother.

I stood and took my beige and black striped long sleeved dress and some underwear. Then I took a shower. After my shower I put my clothes on and went back in my room to do my hair and then I applied mascara, a little blush and some red lip stain. I put on my necklace with the ring on it on, I then went to the kitchen, put on some music and decided to eat some steamed broccoli with salt and some raw cashews. When I was done I danced while I did my dishes. Then I looked at the clock on the wall. Grrrrr, it's just 12:52, what am I to do for two and a half hour. I should really start to look for a job.

So that's what'll I'll do. I grabbed my purse, put on my jean jacket and black converse then walked out the door in search of a job or at least something to do. I walked to the center of the town where every shop and restaurant are situated and started to look to see if there was any help wanted sign. I looked in every window and the only one that had one was Games of Thorns and it's not that Mr. French was a bad employer but after what happened I'd rather not go back to work there.

So with nothing better to do I decided to go see my dear friend Ruby at Granny's. I crossed the road and enter the diner, I then took a seat at the counter. ''Hey Lily, what can I get you?'' Ruby asked from behind the counter.

''Chocolate flavored coconut milk with cinnamon on top, please.'' I said in a rush with a giant smile on my face.

Ruby gave a small laugh. ''Coming right up.'' As she went in the kitchen to get me my order I looked around the diner, there was no one beside me, well it was past 2 pm, so… I guess people have better things to do than hang out at Granny's on a Friday afternoon. Ruby came back a minute later with my drink.

She put it in front of me. ''Thanks.'' She then took a seat beside me and we started to talk about anything and everything really. I didn't see the time passing so when someone entered the diner and when Ruby went to take their order, I looked at the time on my phone it read 4:29. Oh no! No, no, no, no, no Henry is going to kill me. ''Hey Ruby I got to go.'' I left some money on the counter, said bye to Ruby then left.

I then hurried up to the wooden castle where Henry was supposed to be. When I finally arrived, I saw Henry sitting on the castle's balustrade next to a blonde woman, presumably his birth mother, Emma. ''Hey, Henry. '' I said.

He turned to me. ''You're late''

I gave him a sheepish smile. ''Yeah, sorry about that. I lost track of time.'' I then turned to the woman and said with a smile: ''Hi, I'm Elysa. Henry's cousin.''

''Hey, I'm Emma. It's nice to meet you'' She replied with a small smile.

''Likewise.''

Henry then said happily: ''She's going to help us break the curse.'' to Emma. She gave me an incredulous look at those words.

''You believe in the curse?'' She asked me skeptically.

''Well, I like to keep an open mind.'' She raised her brows at that but dropped the subject.

''Okay , well I'm going to go talk to Mary-Margaret. See you tomorrow Henry, Elysa.'' Henry gave her his book and she left.

''Bye.'' Henry and I said at the same time. When she was gone I took her spot on the balustrade next to Henry.

And I asked: ''So Henry what's up? Any news on operation cobra?''

''I found prince Charming today, at the hospital. He's in a coma.'' Wow, okay. He works fast.

''And how do you know it's him.'' How did he know it was him? I wondered.

''He has a scar, in the same place as in my book and no one knows who he is.'' Hmmm, interesting.

''So, what happens now?'' If he's in a coma, we can't do much.

''Emma went to ask Miss Blanchard to read him their story so that, maybe, he'll remember who he is.''

''That's great.'' He's really a smart kid. I then looked at the time on my white bunny I-phone it was a little after 5 pm. ''We should get going, it's getting late.'' He grabbed his back pack and we started to make our way home.

''You know tomorrow we're all meeting at granny's to talk about if there was any progress with John Doe. You should come.''

I looked at him as we walked. ''I would love to.''

Soon we were home, aunt Regina was not here yet so while Henry did his homework on the kitchen table, I started to make diner. I made some tomato basil pasta. Henry finished his homework just as diner was ready. I served us both a plate while Henry grabbed us some utensils and glasses of water. Then we both sat down to eat.

''It's good'' Henry told me with a little smile after swallowing his first bite.

''Thanks. Hey Henry you still haven't told me what my story is yet. I know you don't have your book but I'm sure you know the story right?''

''Yeah, ok. Well you know that Alice is Snow White's sister and that the evil queen asked her huntsman to bring her back Snow White's heart.'' I nodded so he continued. ''Ok so, Alice was coming back from the garden when she heard the evil queen asking the huntsman if he had Snow White's heart. When he answered yes, Alice felt her whole world shatter. Her sister the only family she had left had been killed because of the evil queen, the woman who was supposed to act as their mother. She ran from the castle and into the forest with tears falling from her eyes. She didn't know that it was a deer's heart and not her sister's and so she ran from the castle until her legs couldn't take it any more and she just collapsed on the ground, crying her eyes out. After a couple hours, she stood up, dried her eyes on her blue coat and started walking. She didn't know where she was going but it didn't matter, after walking for a while she saw something shining on the ground she picked it up it was a pocket watch. She looked around trying to see who could have dropped it. There was a man away from her. He was standing still with his back to her.

Alice called as she ran towards him: 'Sir, sir.' When she came closer he jumped in what appeared to be a big black hole with a purple mist coming from it. Alice with nothing to lose, jumped after him.''

''Isn't Alice suppose to follow a white rabbit, down a rabbit hole?'' I asked as we both finished our pasta.

''Not in the real story. In the real story she meets him later in wonderland.''

''So she does end up in wonderland.'' We both stood up to put our dishes in the dishwasher and I put the left-over in the fridge. I then started to wash the pans and everything I used to cook while Henry took a seat on the counter beside me.

He nodded. ''Can I continue?''

''Please.'' I answered.

''So, she ended up in a room full of doors. She looked around her trying to see which door this man could have taken. There was one that was a big mirror and through it she could see the man on a hill getting away from her. So she went through the mirror door. When she stepped out of the mirror she didn't see the man anywhere. So she followed in the direction she saw him go. She was walking through giant mushrooms when suddenly she was tackled to the ground under one of the mushroom with a hand holding her mouth. She started panicking so a person stepped in front of her and made a shush sign, he then pointed above him to the sky. There was an enormous black dragon that flew by at that exact moment. When the dragon was away the other person revealed himself.''

''Let me guess, those are Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb right?'' I put all the dishes away and we made our way to sit on the couch in the living room.

''Yes.'' We sat down and he jumped right back in.

''Alice asked them what it was that flew over them. They told her it was the jabberwocky and that the queen of hearts was terrorizing the people of Wonderland with it. And that many tried to kill it but nobody ever succeeded, since they were not the chosen one. She asked them who the chosen one was and they told her they didn't know but what they did know was that the white rabbit have the oraculum and on it was the face of the one that will be able to slay the jabberwocky. She then remembered why she was in Wonderland in the first place and asked them if they saw a man about a foot taller then her with brown hair and a black coat. They pointed her in the direction she was going and told her to be careful of the jabberwocky, she thanked them and continued on her way. It wasn't long until she caught up with him, he was talking with a white rabbit just down the hill from where she was. She ran up to him and said: 'Sir, did you drop this watch?' He turned around and did a double take when he saw her. He thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life.''

I couldn't help it I started laughing. Henry stopped and looked at me. ''What's so funny?''

''Henry you have got to be kidding me, right? You say he thought she was the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and then you say that, that woman, Alice, is suppose to be me? You must be joking. I mean I'm pretty, sure, but drop dead beautiful, hmmm I don't think so.''

''Well to him you were and you thought he was the most beautiful man that you've ever seen too.''

I gave him a skeptical look but said: ''Alright, go on.''

''Thank you. So, Alice then gave him his watch and he thanked her and kissed her hand. She blushed. He introduced himself as Jefferson Hatter told her he was a portal jumper. She told him her name was Alice White. He then asked her how she got here and she told him she jumped after him to bring him back his watch. He admired her bravery, to jump somewhere unknown just to bring something to someone she knows nothing about. Meanwhile the white rabbit thought he recognized Alice from somewhere, then he remembered she was the face on the oraculum so just to be sure he looked at it again. Sure enough it was her. She was the one that would slay the jabberwocky and end the queen's reign of terror. He stepped in and told them that she was the chosen one and showed her the oraculum. He then asked her if she would do it and since she thought she had nothing to lose, she accepted. They all made their way to get the Vorpal sword that was guarded by the Cheshire cat in the forest ever since they acquired it long ago. Jefferson tried to deter her along the way saying he could do it, that that's why he came to Wonderland but Alice wouldn't let him do that, she didn't want him to get hurt, much less die and so she kept reminding him that the oraculum clearly showed that it was her that was defeating the beast. The white rabbit took her side and by the time they reached the Cheshire cat, he stopped arguing with them but he didn't stop his worry for her. The grinning cat appeared out of thin air and was floating in front of them. He was glad that they finally found the person that was going kill that monster and so he gladly gave her the sword. He then wished her luck, said that she was always welcome back in his forest and that he hoped he'll see her again someday. He then disappeared right before their eyes. They started to make their way to the chess valley where she was to slay the jabberwocky and on the way they all had the chance to get each other better. Alice and Jefferson started to develop feelings for one another. Once they arrived at the gigantic chess board, that was the chess valley, Alice got up on the board while they waited on the side. They all waited for the jabberwocky to fly by, they didn't have to wait long. Soon the jabberwocky landed right in front of Alice. Alice told him she wanted to fight him. He laughed and taunted her, saying she was a foolish girl and that anyone who dared attempt to fight him ended up dead. Alice didn't let him finish his sentence, she cut his tongue off. They the engaged the fight, her sword clashed against his claws and when he was blowing fire in her direction she hid behind giant chess pieces that were scattered throughout the chess board. Suddenly the jabberwocky took over and sent Alice flying through the air, then crashing down hard. He approached her, ready to finish her off, when Jefferson screamed at the jabberwocky to look at him. This distracted the dragon and he turned around to the source of the noise, Alice seeing this hurried to her feet and seized the opportunity to cut the jabberwocky's head off. His head fell down beside her. The white rabbit and Jefferson ran to her. The white rabbit was astonished that the nightmare was finally over he didn't even realize that he dropped the oraculum. As soon as Jefferson reached Alice, she fell passed out in his arms. Jefferson told the white rabbit he'll bring her back home and take care of her. But before leaving he gently put Alice on the ground and took two of the dragon's teeth since that's why he came to wonderland in the first place, he put them in his pocket then picked Alice from the ground bridal style and carried her to his home in the enchanted forest. That's where Alice woke up…''

We heard aunt Regina come in. ''I'll tell you the rest some other time.''

''Alright. Thanks.'' He gave me a smile and then he ran up to his room. I looked at the time if I want to be up tomorrow I should go to bed soon. I went to greet aunt Regina. ''Hey aunt Regina, if you want there's some tomato basil pasta in the fridge.''

''Thank you, Lily but I already ate at the office.''

''Alright well I'm going to bed, so good night.'' I told her as I started to make my way upstairs to my room.

''Good night.'' I washed my face, brushed my teeth then went to bed.

Henry woke me up then left to get ready. I stood and started to get dressed. I put on my Looney Tunes long sleeve t-shirt and turquoise galaxy pants with my necklace that I always wear and my black converse. I went to brush my teeth and I then applied the same make-up I always wear which is mascara, blush and red lip stain. I was finally ready, I grabbed my purse and went downstairs to meet with Henry. He was talking to Regina.

''Hey Henry, I'm ready.'' I waited for him by the door.

''Just a sec.'' He finished his conversation then joined me.

''Bye aunt Regina.''

I said at the same time Henry said: ''Bye.''

She told us bye and we left. We soon arrived at Granny's. Emma was already at a booth so we joined her. We made small talk, then Ruby came to take our order. Henry and Emma took eggs while I chose a fruit salad but we all ordered some form of cocoa with cinnamon on top. When Ruby left with our order Henry started to tell us more about the story of Snow White and prince Charming. Ruby brought us our orders, we thanked her and then Henry continued with the story. It was really incredible how much I was starting to believe him. I mean he either is a genius to make everything fit together or it was true. Well I'll see when Mary-Margaret arrives. We finished our meals and paid. Henry then gave Emma a shirt from Regina. When Emma left to go change I told Henry.

''You know you didn't have to take one of your mother's shirt I could've lent her one.''

''Well it's too late now.'' Soon Emma came back in the blue satin shirt.

''Thanks for the shirt. Hey is this one of your mother's?'' Emma asked.

''She'll never notice.'' I snickered at that. Mary-Margaret then entered the diner. ''She's here.'' Henry said happily.

''Hey don't get your hopes up. We're just getting started ok.'' Emma told Henry. Mary-Margaret joined us in the booth. We all looked at her expectantly.

''He woke up.'' She said.

''What?'' Emma said incredulously.

''I knew it.'' Henry said with a smile on his face.

''I mean he didn't wake up, wake up but, he grabbed my hand.''

''He's remembering.'' Henry interjected.

Emma trying to find some for of logic into this asked: ''What did the doctor say?''

''That I imagined it. But I'm not crazy. I know it happened.'' Mary-Margaret said defending herself.

''We have to go back. You have to read to him again.'' Henry told her.

Mary-Margaret seemed to think about it for a sec then agreed and said: ''Let's go.''

''Wait, wait, what?'' Emma said. Mary-Margaret stayed to answered what she had to say while me and Henry started to make our way to the hospital.

When we arrived at the hospital the sheriff was there which as weird. ''You're right, he's waking up.'' Henry said to Mary-Margaret as he jogged to where John Doe was supposed to be.

''Henry you should stay back.'' Sheriff Graham said, stopping Henry to go any further in the ward.

Mary-Margaret then said worried as we joined them: ''Is it John Doe? Is he ok?''

''He's missing.'' The sheriff replied.

When the sheriff stepped away we could see an empty bed, where John Doe was supposed to be, a couple of nurses, Doctor Whale and aunt Regina. When she saw us Regina came to us and asked Emma: ''What the hell are you doing here?'' She then turned her attention to Henry, grabbed his arm and said: ''And you. I thought you were at the arcade. Now you're lying to me?''

Mary-Margaret asked trying to make sense of the situation: ''What happened to John Doe? Did someone take him?''

''We don't know yet. His IV's where ripped of but there's no sign for sure there was a struggle.'' Sheriff Graham answered.

Henry then asked Regina repulsed: ''What did you do?''

''You think I had something to do with this.''

Emma then said with suspicion: ''It is curious that the mayor is here.''

Regina replied: ''I'm here because I'm his emergency contact.''

''You know Him?'' Mary-Margaret asked curious.

''I found him. On the side of the road, years ago with no ID. I brought him here.'' She explained.

Doctor Whale joined us then and said: ''The mayor saved his life.''

Mary-Margaret asked the doctor worried: ''Will he be ok?''

''Ok? Then man's been on feeding tubes for years under constant supervision. He need to get back here right away or quite honestly ok might be a pipe dream. Said doctor whale.

Emma then stepped in. ''Well then let's quit yapping and start looking.''

She then turned to leave but Regina made her turn around saying: ''That's what we're doing. Just stay out of this, dear. And since I clearly can't keep you away from my son, I'm just going to have to keep my son away from you.'' She took Henry's hand and started to leave but stopped. '' Lily are you coming?''

''I'm going to stay to see if I can help.'' I told her. She nodded then addressed Emma once again.

''Enjoy my shirt. Because that's all you're getting.'' She then addressed sheriff Graham: ''Sheriff, find John Doe. You heard Dr. Whale. Time is precious.'' And with that she departed with Henry.

''Doctor how long between your rounds since you last saw him?'' Graham asked the doctor.

''Twelve hours or so.''

''Then that's what we need to account for.'' Graham concluded.

So we made our way to the security room.

Once there Graham said. ''You too were the only employees on the floor last night. And you saw nothing.''

The security yawned then replied: ''Not a thing.''

Emma then asked: ''Did anyone walk by?''

Leroy the janitor replied: ''I didn't see nothin'.''

''Miss Blanchard, was there anything unusual you saw during your trip with your class?'' Graham asked her.

''I don't think so.'' She said trying to see if there was something.

Emma then took a closer look at the surveillance tape we were looking then said: ''We're looking at the wrong tape. This is the ward where Henry's class put up decoration. If this really was the tape from last night, we'd see the banners the kids hung.''

''Tsss, you fell asleep again.'' Leroy reproached.

''You selling me out?'' The security guard asked.

Leroy gave a snicker then said: ''I ain't getting fired for this.''

''At least I don't drink on the job.''

Graham having enough of their banter cut in with: ''Gentleman, enough. Where's the real tape?''

They switched the tape and we saw John Doe get up by himself and leave. That's a relief at least he wasn't kidnapped.

Mary-Margaret let out a sigh of relief. ''He walked out alone. He's ok.''

Emma looked at the time he walked out. ''Four hours ago. Where does this door lead?''

''The woods.'' Replied Leroy. We all looked at him worried. We then, we being Emma, Mary-Margaret, sheriff Graham and me, left through the door John Doe took to try and track him down. Graham started to follow a trail, I was right beside him while Emma and Mary-Margaret were a little behind us.

Graham suddenly stopped and Emma asked him: ''What is it?''

''The trail runs out here.'' He stated.

''You sure? Because I thought tracking was one of you skills.'' Emma said.

''Just give me a second. This is my world. I got it.''

''Right, sorry.''

Graham then started to go look further away and I went with him to help. Henry then joined us. He was telling Mary-Margaret that John Doe was looking for her and everything but I didn't pay much attention I was more focused in trying to find John Doe. I was walking when I came up with something it was John Doe's hospital bracelet, I called Graham when he saw it he called the others: ''Guys!''

When they joined us Mary-Margaret asked: ''Is that…?''

Emma finished for her: ''Blood.''

Using this as a trail Graham led the way and soon we found ourselves at the old toll bridge. Mary-Margaret then asked no one in particular: ''Where is he? Do you see him?''

Graham then states: ''The trail dies at the water line.''

Mary-Margaret searches around with her flashlight and spots a body lying in the water. As she ran towards him she says: ''Oh my god! Oh my god. Oh my god!''

Graham then call for back ups on his com badge: ''I need an ambulance! At the old toll bridge, as soon as possible.''

Emma, Mary-Margaret and Graham then dragged John doe out of the water while I try to keep Henry from looking in case he's dead.

Once he was on the shore Mary-Margaret said: ''No, no, no, no, no! No, no, no! I found you!''

Emma said: ''It's going to be ok.''

At the same time Graham said: ''Help's coming.''

Henry then asked: ''Is he ok?''

''Henry don't look.'' I tell him seriously as I put myself in front of him. Emma then joined me and told him the same thing then turned him around so he couldn't see even if he tried.

But Henry still asked: ''Is he going to be ok?''

Emma just repeated to not look and held him. I turned to see what was happening with John Doe and I saw Mary-Margaret telling him something and then she start to do CPR on him and mouth to mouth. While Graham hold his head. He then coughs up water and start breathing again.

''You saved me.'' John Doe said to Mary-Margaret.

Henry having turned said: ''She did it. She did it! She woke him up.''

Emma replied: ''Yeah, kid. She did.''

John Doe had a small conversation that I couldn't make out from the distance I was in and soon the paramedics arrived and brought John Doe back to the hospital. We all went back to the hospital, once at the hospital John Doe was wheeled in a room while we waited outside watching through the glass to make sure he was going to be alright. Suddenly a blonde woman came bursting in the room asking for a David. Who could that be?

Mary-Margaret then ask: ''Who is that?'' Emma shakes her head negatively.

Then Regina walk in behind us and says making us turn around: ''His wife.'' What the hell is she talking about? I sat with Henry on the chairs with our backs to John Doe. ''His name is David Nolan. And that's his wife, Kathryn.'' She the looks to Emma who was sitting in front of Henry and me. ''And the joy on her face, well, it's put me in quite the forgiving mood.'' She then looks to Henry. ''We'll talk about your insubordination later. Do you know what insubordination means?'' He shook his head negatively. ''It means you're grounded.''

Kathryn then walks out of David's room. ''Thank you. Thank you for finding my David.'' She tells Mary-Margaret.

''Um, I-I don't understand. You didn't… you didn't know that he was here in a coma?'' She questioned confused.

''A few years ago, David and I were not getting along. It was my fault, I know that now. I was difficult and unsupportive. I told him if he didn't like things, he could leave. And he did. And I didn't stop him. It was the worst mistake I ever made.''

''You didn't go look for him?'' Emma asked.

''I assumed he'd left town all this time. And now I know why I never heard from him. Now I get to do what I've wanted to do forever… Say I'm sorry. Now we get a second chance.'' Kathryn says happily. I force a small smile when she looked at all of us.

Mary-Margaret try to appear happy but I could see right through her. She was devastated. ''That's wonderful.'' I then looked at aunt Regina and she appeared smug for some reason at seeing Mary-Margaret silently suffering. That's strange.

Dr. Whale then stepped out of the room. ''Well, it's something of a miracle.''

''He's ok?'' Kathryn questioned.

''Ah, physically he's on the mend, um, his memory is another issue. It may take time, if at all.''

Mary-Margaret then asked: ''What brought him back?''

''That's the thing. There's no explanation. Something just clicked in him.''

Emma asked skeptically: ''He just got up and decided to go for a stroll?''

''He woke up and he was delirious and his first instinct was to go look for something, I guess.'' Replied the doctor.

''Someone.'' Henry corrected.

''Can I see him?'' Kathryn asked.

''Yeah, of course.'' Dr. Whale told her.

After a beat, Regina said: ''Henry, let's go. Lily?''

I went to follow but stopped when Henry said: ''Wait, my back pack.''

He went back to get it and whispered to Mary-Margaret but it was loud enough for me to hear: ''Don't believe them. You're the one he was looking for.''

She tried to object saying: ''Henry…''

But he cut her off: ''He was going to the troll bridge. It's like the end of the story.''

She tried again: ''Henry, he was going there because that's the last thing I read to him.''

''No, it's because you belong together.'' Regina then calls him again and we make our leave.

Emma then catches up to us. ''Madam mayor.''

Regina tells Henry: ''Wait by the car.'' She then looked at me asking me to go with him.

I took Henry's hand. ''Come on Henry.'' When we were out of hearing range I asked him: ''You really think they belong together?''

''Yes, she's just trying to keep Snow White and prince Charming apart.''

''Hmmm, ok but who could this Kathryn be then?''

''I don't know…'' Regina then walked out of the hospital and we went back home. Since it was late we all went directly to bed. Before I fell asleep I couldn't help but think that maybe Henry is wrong and there are not such things as fairytales. No, I'm not going to give up unless Henry does. And with that sleep took me away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 1.1K 47
I got this idea from @2sick4u I post daily !!
40.3K 1.3K 18
Jefferson (Hatter) x Reader - Jefferson x Y/N - Once Upon A Time Fan-fiction You're Alice, at least you were before 'The Curse'. Now you're Y/N a gi...
2K 126 10
"Our love will have a happy ending in another universe " Things are different in an alternative universe, Jeff accepts the forced marriage proposal...
2.9K 25 17
What if Athena didn't die when Ariel was a baby? What if there was a different tragedy that spawned the hatred of humans? What if Ariel met Eric when...