Fearless

By rosexstone

Skylar and Carter Eastwood are trying to navigate their way around a normal teenage life along with their fri... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 35

807 43 5
By rosexstone

The next day, I woke up wondering if last night had even happened, but after checking my phone and seeing messages from Lucas popping onto my screen...I realised that I hadn't been dreaming.

'Good morning beautiful ;)'

A smile spread across my face as my cheeks heated with blush.

Are we dating now? I mean, I wouldn't complain if we were...

As I replied to his message, I reminisced on the previous night. Ellie's wedding. It was amazing.

I had barely even seen my family last night after Blade and Ivy brought me home. My parents were too drunk to drive and so was Carter, so they did me a favour and brought me home. The rest of my family got a cab at about 4AM, but I'm extremely glad that I got to bed earlier. I was out like a light by 2.

I thought that I wouldn't enjoy myself at the wedding, but little did I know that it would turn out to be one of the best nights I've had in a long time.

I couldn't take my mind off that kiss.

It was practically engraved in my brain, playing over and over again in my head like a movie, and I hadn't stopped smiling since it happened.

I quickly jumped out of bed and got ready for the day. It was Sunday, meaning that we would be having a dinner party tonight and I was happy about it.

I got showered and dressed before making my bed and ripping my curtains open, looking out at our gorgeous garden. I then went downstairs for breakfast.

When I walked into the kitchen, there was no-one there except for Carter, meaning that Mom and Dad were most likely at work.

They don't often work too much at weekends, but ever since the recent trouble they've been having, they've been there a lot more often.

"Morning." I smiled as Carter practically inhaled his breakfast in one and I headed to the fridge to grab a drink.

He was sat at the kitchen counter in nothing but joggers and I rolled my eyes at his constant choice to be shirtless.

"Morning." he grunted, being the grumpy morning person that he is.

I was surprised to even see him awake at this time in all honesty.

"You looked like you were having a good time last night." I smirked teasingly.

"Huh? Oh right...yeah." he said.

"So when are you guys going to hang out again?" I asked.

"What? I don't know what you mean." he shrugged.

"Don't play dumb Carter. I saw you with Daisy at the bar last night." I laughed.

"Shit." he muttered under his breath. "Please don't tell Lucas."

At the mention of Lucas I stopped in my tracks and my face became neutral. I may have forgotten that Carter never found out about us last night...

"About Lucas..." I began.

"Seriously Sky, he'll hate me! I practically stole his date. We just got talking at the bar and she said that she didn't think her and Lucas were going anywhere, so before I knew it we'd been talking and laughing for like 3 hours! I never felt a spark like that with Laura...with anyone!Being with Daisy just felt so different and...I think I'm really starting to like her, but Lucas-" he rambled as he interrupted me.

"Carter!" I exclaimed. "Calm down! He does not hate you."

"But I asked her out Sky! I wasn't thinking. What kind of shitty friend does that?"

"Carter, Lucas and Daisy aren't interested in each other anymore!" I blurted out to try and attempt to calm him down.

"What do you mean? Of course they are, last night she was his-"

"No they're not. I know because last night Lucas ended things with her." I explained. "He told me that he loves me..."

"What?"

I examined my older brother's face but it was blank with nothing but confusion visible.

"H-he told me that he loves me...not Daisy." I repeated nervously.

"Are you kidding? Is this meant to be some sort of joke?" he asked seriously.

"No...because I like him too. A lot." I said, avoiding his gaze.

"This is awesome!" he exclaimed suddenly, walking over to me and engulfing me in a short hug that led to me being lifted off the ground and spun awkwardly around by my shirtless brother.

"Ew get off me." I chuckled as he put me down. "So you're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad? I mean, I don't really want to threaten to hurt one of my best friends if he hurts you, but I suppose he'll just have to get over that part." he shrugged. "But this is great. It means that everyone's happy. You won't be crying about Jake anymore which was getting super annoying, and I get to date Daisy!"

"Phew, I am so relieved!" I breathed, bringing a hand to me chest. "I didn't think you'd want me to date one of your friends."

"Yeah, but he's not just one of my friends, he's Lucas." he shrugged. "I trust him with my life, so I know it'll be fine."

"Thank you Carter." I said, reaching up to hug him.

"So...do you think Daisy will like me?" he grinned.

"I mean, you've already managed to convince her to go on a date with you somehow, so I guess so." I shrugged.

"Shut up. I'm a catch." he said confidently.

"Sure." I laughed before grabbing my breakfast and walking out of the room.

~

I'd spent the morning in the gym and then decided to use the rest of the day to complete all of my assignments for the next week.

Later on in the day, I heard my Mom and Dad arrive home from work with each of their friends joining them loudly downstairs.

I didn't bother leaving my desk, knowing that all they'd be doing was talking and drinking. I'd join them once I'd finished my work for the day, when more people started to arrive.

I put my head down, determined to finish this final essay for the day. I barely even noticed that someone had walked into my room, until I felt two big arms wrap around me from behind.

"Hey." I heard Lucas say as he placed a quick kiss on the top of my head.

I bit my lip, attempting to bite back my smile as I shut my laptop and spun around on my chair to face him.

"Hey." I smiled up at him as I got up from my seat. "When did you get here?"

"About two minutes ago. Everyone else is busy downstairs and I wanted to talk to you about what we're going to tell Carter." he explained as I pulled him over to sit on my bed.

"About that." I winced. "I kind of already told him."

"You did?" he asked, sitting up straight. "What did he say? Is he okay with it?"

"Surprisingly, yes. I'm sorry, I was going to wait to tell him with you, but he started freaking out because, well, he likes Daisy, and he thought he'd stolen your wedding date. So I kind of had to explain." I said.

He suddenly grabbed my chin between his fingers, moving my head to meet his but pausing before our lips could touch.

"You're so cute." he smiled before closing the small gap between us.

"So you're okay that I told him without you?" I asked apologetically after pulling away.

"Yeah, he's your brother and if he's cool with it then we're all winning." he said.

"You're the best." I said, leaning in to kiss him again as I felt him smile against my lips.

It was weird how quickly things had changed between Lucas and I, but it was also weird that it was so natural.

I felt completely comfortable in his presence, as I always had, but I didn't get any of those awkward feelings that I'd had initially with Jake. I just wanted to be around him.

After pulling away from his kiss, I quickly grabbed his hand, moulding his fingers around my own.

"Come on." I said, standing up. "Let's go and see everybody."

"Can't we just stay here?" he whined. "It's really comfortable."

"Nope." I laughed, pulling him up from the bed, ready to drag him out of my room.

He really didn't want to leave my bedroom.

"Wait." he said, spinning me around before we reached the door.

Unexpectedly, he reached forward capturing my lips in his once more. This time more passionately than our previous light kisses.

I found myself being backed against the door, similar to our situation at the wedding.

I kissed him back with just as much need, as his left hand pressed up against the wall next to my head while his right hand slid down to my waist.

I found my hands resting on his hard chest before slowly making their way up and around his neck as if they had a life of their own.

His tongue traced my lip as I refused to release him despite my need for oxygen.

This wasn't how I imagined we would be as a couple at all. In fact, before Lucas, the thought of couples who couldn't keep their hands off each other made me slightly nauseous. But now, I understood them completely and wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

"What was that for?" I finally said as we released each other for air.

"To be continued, remember?" he smirked, still grasping for breath.

"Well as much as I'd love to stay here for the rest of the day, we should probably go and get some food." I laughed softly.

"Whatever you say, m'lady." he said, pecking my lips once more before taking my hand.

I didn't even realise it was possible to feel this many butterflies in my stomach, but apparently that's just the effect Lucas has on me now.

And I'm not going to complain...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
732K 17.8K 53
**It takes me a second to realize what is happening. Zac is kissing me! He is bloody kissing me!! Something then flashes and I realize Zac just took...
24.3M 1.1M 61
Now available in paperback! "I LOVE IT!" - CarniaHolmes "I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face," Carter said. She pointed...
332K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...