Mr.Billionaire Meets Ms.Clumsy

By Just_SparkleBlue

"Watch where you're going!" A low voice shouted at me, looking at his stain shirt."Now, what I'm going to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Alternate Ending I
Alternate Ending II
Epilogue

Chapter 42

6.8K 325 18
By Just_SparkleBlue

"Let's eat." His mum said. "Emilyn, don't be shy. Just take whatever you want." Emilyn gave her a small smile and nod.

"This is good, you should try." Christopher put food onto her plate. He kept filling her plate up.

"Rist, I can't eat this much." Emilyn stops him.

"If you cannot then just give it to me, I want you to try everything." He said. Emilyn has no choice but to take a bite on every single thing.

"So, Emilyn what do you do?" His mum asks. "We didn't get to know each other much at the wedding.

"I am working for a magazine company. We do travel, lifestyle, and some other topics."

"What's your company name?" The bride who was at the wedding asked.

"Is livin real."

"Oh, so you wrote about Christopher."

"Yeah, that's how we met. One part of it." Emilyn chuckle.

"Can you let her eat first then ask the questions?" Christopher said.

"Don't be so uptight, we just want to get to know her better." That girl stuck her tongue out. "Hi, I'm Sera. I hope you remember."

Emilyn nod.

After dinner, they gather around the living room and Christopher's sister-in-law asked her some questions about her life. "Is she all better now?" Sera asks.

"Yeah, she got discharged from the hospital last week," Emilyn said.

"That's good." She said. Emilyn looks around to find Christopher but he was nowhere to be found. In the beginning, he places her down on the couch and then disappears.

"Em, can you lift me up? I want to sit with you." Lucy asked. Emilyn smiles and lift her onto her lap.

"Looks like she took a liking to you," Olivia said bouncing Luca on her lap. "Can I make an appointment with you to babysit her sometimes?"

"Sure, I won't mind," Emilyn said.

Someone coughs and they stop, turning their heads to the left. "ladies, I would like to speak to her for a moment." His dad said.

"Uhm..." Emilyn stood up and follow him upstairs to his office.

"Please take a seat." She pulls out the seat in front of the table. "Ms Walker is it?" He took out a file.

"Yes?" Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows seeing him pulling a file.

"You graduated from a local college, not even NYU, started working in a magazine company for two years, and still a coffee girl. But just release an article about my son. Your grandma is diagnosed with liver cancer." He said. Emilyn eyes widened and mouth agape, "how does he know this?" Emilyn said in her head.

"You need the money to cover the medical fees of your grandma, right?" Emilyn nod. "I'll propose you a proposal, here is 15,000 dollars." He slides the check towards her.  "Take this and leave my son."

"What?" Emilyn asked in shock.

"You need the money and I don't think your job can cover it." Emilyn scrunches her eyebrows.

"Sir, if you have mistaken. I'm not after your son for money. I can take care of my grandma without this check." She slides the check towards him.

"Is fine." He sits back on his chair. "This check will be here anytime."

"I'm not breaking up with him because of one check, I lo- like your son for him not for his money and I'll never break up with him."

"As I said before, this check is available anytime."

"And I'll say one last time, I'm dating your son not because of money and I'll never take your money," Emilyn states. "Thank you for your time, I'll see myself out." She stood up and left his office. Leaning against the wall, once she closes the door. She felt her heart beating fast against her rib cage.

"Emilyn is it?" Emilyn looks up and saw Chloe in front of her.

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Chloe if you don't remember." She takes her hand out. Emilyn shakes it. "Look, I know you are Christopher's flavor of the month, but just so you know I'm not giving up without a fight." Chloe's hold on Emilyn's hand tighten.

"Alright?" Emilyn pulls her hand out of Chloe's grip.

Her eyes glance Emilyn up and down, "I really don't know what he sees in you. The way you dress." She scoff. "You should try to change it before he comes running back to me." With a smirk and she walks away.

"What's wrong with people today? What's wrong with the way I dress." Emilyn looks down at her outfit. "I think is pretty nice." She sighs and drags her wounded leg down the stairs.

Emilyn stops when she saw that same guy who knocks on Christopher's door, standing in front of her. "Hi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop." He said.

"Is fine."

"I'm Daxton. Christopher's younger brother."

"Nice to meet you."

"I heard what Chloe said to you. Don't mind her, she's always around my brother even though they broke up." He said. "Even my brother said that they are friends, but I don't believe."

"Do you want to get out of here? It looks like you need some air." Emilyn nod and follow him. "Is your leg okay? I saw my brother carry you down. Is really a sight to see." He laughs.

"Is fine, I can walk. Your brother is just protective. If he sees me walking, I don't think he'll like it." She chuckles.

"Let's sit here." He leads her to the backyard and gestures her to sit on the wooden chair. "You know I've never seen my brother so protective of someone before."

"We didn't get to meet during the wedding, but I got a glance at both of you before I left."

"Isn't that creepy?" Emilyn said with a small laugh.

"Anyways, I can see the look in his eyes. Even though you guys were fake dating at that time." He said with a smile on his face. "But welcome to the family, sis."

Emilyn laughs, "thank you. I guess you are my brother now. So what are you doing now?"

"I'm still studying, I'm in my final year now."

"So, that makes you 22?"

"23."

"Oh that's means I'm only older than you a year only," Emilyn said. "Any stories to tell about your brother?"

"of course, loads. Since you ask, I'll tell you" He said with a grin. "Let me see which should I tell you." He taps his finger on his chin. "Do you know my brother can be mean and is a bully?"

"That I know." Emilyn giggle.

"There you are." Christopher's came into the backyard. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Hey, Dax thanks for keeping her company."

"No problem, I'll head in. Nice meeting you Emilyn." Dax said, before heading in.

"You ready to go? Is getting late." Emilyn nod and stand up. "Don't move." He stops her and lifts her up. Christopher carries her out of the house and into the car.

"Rist, you know that I can walk right?" Emilyn told him when he got into the driver's seat.

"But I want to carry you."

"You are so annoying sometimes." Emilyn shakes her head.

***

"Hey Ana, do you think that I should change my look?" Emilyn asked her while she looks through the rack.

"Why? Did someone said something about your look?" She stops and looks up at Emilyn.

"No, I just want a change that's all."

"Really?" Ana's eyes widened.

Emilyn nod.

"Yes! I've been waiting for you to say this for a long time." She pumped her fist into the air. "This would look good on you." She pulls a shirt out from the rack.

"Remember that crop top you showed me," Emilyn asked her.

"What about that?" her eyes still on the rack. "You want to buy it?"

"Yeah." She nod.

"Are you sure? Those are not your style of clothing." Ana scrunched her eyebrows and asked.

"I want a change of style that's all," Emilyn told her, but not looking up.

"All right," Ana said. "Uhm, I can't find the exact same one, but will this do?" She pulls out a short black, thin straps crop top.

"Uhm..." Emilyn scrutinizes it and takes it from Ana's hands. "Sure." She said, not taking her eyes away from the shirt.

"You want to try these clothes on?" Ana holds up a pile of clothes on her arm. Emilyn chuckles and nods.

After Ana drops Emilyn off from shopping, she heads up to her house. "Grandma, I'm home."

"Hey." She looks up from her book. "Woah, what's with the shopping bags? Did Ana force you to buy them?"

"No, I wanted to buy them," Emilyn told her. "I'll have to put them away and get ready for a date with Christopher."

"Okay." Grandma Lou nod and get back to reading her book.

***

"What are you wearing?" Grandma stops Emilyn

"I'm wearing clothes?" She pointed. Emilyn looked down at her short black sleeveless cropped top that can see a little of her belly button, plus long jeans.

"You don't usually wear clothes like that? What's the change? Did Ana made you buy it?" Grandma Lou asked while looking at what is her granddaughter wearing.

Emilyn huff, "Grandma, not everything is about Ana." She said with a little frustration in her voice. "What if I want to change what I wear?"

Grandma Lou sighs, "I know that I shouldn't tell you what to wear and what not to wear, but if you like it then go ahead."

Emilyn let out a sigh and run her hands through her hair. "Emilyn, this is your choice. Don't let someone's words, get to you. I have been saying this to you ever since you can understand." Grandma Lou said.

Emilyn looks down on the ground, then the doorbell ring, "That's Christopher." Emilyn said softly.

"Okay, have fun." Grandma Lou gave a small smile before Emilyn opens the door.

"What are you wearing?" Christopher said as soon as the door open. "You are not wearing that out." He steps inside her house and pulls Emilyn to her room. On the way to her room, Grandma Lou gave Emilyn an 'I told you so look'.

"What are you wearing?" Christopher asks again as he closes her door. "And don't say clothes." Emilyn looks down on the floor. "What got you wearing those clothes?"

"You don't like what I'm wearing?" She asked, looking up through her eyelashes.

"No, is not that I hate it. Is just that why would you wear clothes like this? You don't wear clothes like this." He said.

"What if I want a change of style?"

"I know you Emilyn, what made you want to wear clothes like this. Tell me."

Emilyn let out a frustrated groan and sat on the edge of the bed. "Why do you guys have to give your opinion on what I wear? Many people wear like this too." She huff.

"I know, but you are not like that." Christopher crouches down in front of her. "Tell me why the sudden change?"

"I just want to look good for you, I'm going out with you and people will stare. What if they see you with me wearing a boring outfit?"

"Is this why you decided to wear clothes like this?" He asked.

"Partially," Emilyn mumbled. "I have seen you with your exes and they wore something like this." She pointed to her outfit.

Christopher sighs, "I don't care what you wear, I don't care if the way you dress isn't sexy, not showing enough skin or shoulder or arms. I just want you to be comfortable in what you wear." Christopher said. "Are you comfortable with what you are wearing?"

"I-I," Emilyn stuttered.

"Don't you dare lie to me?" Christopher said. Emilyn shook her head and answer no.

"Then why are you forcing yourself?" Tears start falling onto her lap. "I like what you wear, you think I'm with you because of what you wear?" Christopher took her hands in his. "Just wear anything you feel comfortable in, I'm happy if you are too." He wipes the tears falling down her cheeks.

"Now, go change. Because we have a date to go to." Christopher gave a small smile. Emilyn got up from her bed and search for a different clothes in the drawer.

Emilyn change her clothes and got out to meet Christopher with a big smile on his face. "Beautiful as always. See don't you feel much better?"

Emilyn nods, "thank you."

"Remember never let anyone or anything make you change your mind on something that you don't like." He boop her nose.

"Okay," Emilyn said softly.

"Now are you ready to go now?" Emilyn nod. "Look at you, your eyes are all puffy."

"It is? I already wash my face with cold water. Why isn't it working?" Emilyn tried to lessen down the puffiness by swiping her fingers under her eyes.

"Is okay, you look kinda cute." Christopher gives a peck on her lips. "We should go, I'm pretty sure you will love this date." He smiles and pulls her out.

A/N: hey, readers. Two updates in a day. Well technically once I publish it, it will be the next day. Because is already 12 am on my side. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm going through some storylines and need some time to work on them. Get ready after this chapter, it might go a little different.

A very valuable words for grandma Lou and Christopher. Never ever give in to peer pressure, I not saying those girls who wear a crop top is disgusting. It is just if you like what you wear and feel comfortable go ahead. If not please don't force yourself. LIVE LIFE NOT FOLLOWING TRENDS, CREATE YOUR OWN TREND.

Any thoughts on this topic? feel free to comment and remember to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 39K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
3.1M 74.7K 67
#1 in Romance (This is the first book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES) Emily Evans is a young, smart, beautiful, independent, and stubborn woman. Due to so...
2.3M 72.3K 37
In this Series, Billionaire Bachelors meet their match in a wicked plan of their own. 1. The Summer Bride ****** It all started with a red-haired lit...
18.5M 527K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancé "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...