The Elegance of Love | Elijah...

By bitxhbooks

In which Melina Volkovna and Elijah Mikaelson find happiness within each other. [happy ending!!] Extended sum... More

author's note
playlist
part one
Two - Car Rides and Nightmares
Three - Cafe Dates
Four - Adventures in Richmond
Five - Elijah Smith
Six - Joining the Other Side
Seven - Caroline's Choice
Eight - Tea Parties
Nine - The Dinner Party From Hell
Ten - Katherine's Back
Eleven - Luncheon
Twelve - Mystic Grill
Thirteen - Decade Dance
Fourteen - Flashbacks and Secrets
Fifteen - Sacrifices Galore
Sixteen - The Aftermath
part two
Seventeen - Road Trip Fun
Eighteen - It's a Date?
Nineteen - Your Sister's Hot
Twenty - Back in Hell

One - Masquerade Ball

3.1K 55 53
By bitxhbooks

One- Masquerade Ball

Damon takes a seat next to Melina in the Salvatore Mansion living room. She was cuddled with a blanket reading a book. She turns to Damon with a quirked eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" She asks, marking her page with a bookmark knowing that a talk with Damon wouldn't end up with her happy.

"We are going to a ball." He states. Turning to her.

"What? Are we in a Cinderella movie?" Melina questions, confused.

"The masquerade ball at the Lockwood's. We are going to kill Katherine." He says, ignoring her comment.

"No."

"Good thing I didn't ask, Psycho Queen." Damon insists on calling her that awful nickname. Melina goes to speak but Damon interrupts. "Don't worry about a dress, I already got you one since I knew that you would put no effort."

Melina pulls an annoyed look knowing there was no point arguing with a brick wall. Damon pulls out a shopping bag and drops it on his best friend's lap. Normally Damon wouldn't care but he has a special place in his cold, dead, vampire heart for Melina. He cared for her even if he wouldn't admit it.

"Ugh," Melina lets out a groan. "Fine, but when this plan goes to shit don't blame me."

"Be ready by eight!" He calls out to her in accomplishment as she walks back to her room at the mansion.

She enters the light colored room and drops the bag on her bed. She picks out a red dress from the bag. Damon annoyingly has good fashion taste. She sets it on the bed and checks the bag for a mask which it has. A slight brighter colored mask with gems plastered on, emerged.

She sets it on the side next to the dress and goes to check the time. It was around four meaning Mira would be home soon so they could get ready together. Melina walked into the bathroom to take shower.

Mira was Melina's 'person'. She was the one who has been there for her, her entire life. Since her father has been training her. She would bring her chocolates and candy. Since Melina had never gone to school, Mira would take the responsibility of making Melina happy. Mira had always had that ability. To make someone feel good. She managed to use that on Melina's father in order to spend time with her.

Mira was the cool breeze on a hot summer day. She was a sugar rush, a ball of sunshine. In the past, Melina always taught Mira self defense and how to overpower a vampire for her safety. She had always tried to push her away to protect her. Being a well known hunter gave her many enemies but instead of allowing her, Mira stayed by her side.

No matter how much her father breaked her, Mira was there to piece her back together. No matter how many nightmares she got, Mira sneaked into her room and soothed her, falling asleep next to her. No matter how many times she messed up, Mira helped her fix her mistakes. They were sisters, protecting each other through everything.

Melina walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body. She barely made it five feet before the door burst open. Mira strolls in with an excited smile. She held an emerald dress in one hand which was most likely her dress and two bags in the other. She shuts the door and puts her stuff on the bed. She moves to the bathroom, passes Melina and puts her makeup bag on the bathroom table.

She moves out and in front of Melina, finally acknowledging her. "Party!" She squeals. "We have to look nice. While murdering Katherine we have to do it in style." She says in an obvious tone.

"Of course." Melina smiles and moves to the bed where her dress is. She looks at Mira's. "Nice dress, babe." Melina loved the flirt with Mira. They both knew nothing was ever going to happen but Melina liked to flirt now and then.

"I know." She beams. She was clearly happy about the ball. Mira loved parties, dancing, socializing. She was a social butterfly.

"Why are you so excited?" Melina asks. She doubts Mira would be happy about killing Katherine. She was always a pacifist.

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"We are about to kill Katherine."

"So?"

"So," Melina drawled out, mimicking her tone. "So, you are the most peaceful person I know. You can't be happy about this."

"I'm not." She says. "I'm excited about dressing up. And I'm not a part of the plan."

"How did you manage that?" Melina questions, holding her red gown and moving to the bathroom to change.

"I don't know?" She replies. "I just asked Damon if he could leave me out."

"And he said yes?" It was more said like a statement rather than a question.

"Yeah?" She answers, confused.

Melina smirks at her oblivious friend as she's fully in the bathroom. Damon and Mira need to jump each other's bones already, she thought. They had so much tension and it just needed to happen.

What annoys her is how Elena keeps crawling back into Damon's arms. God, how she hated her. She flirts with Damon but is dating his brother, who could do so much better. She hasn't even met Katherine yet but can already assume that she would like her better. Other than the fact, she toyed with her close friends' hearts. It was also so clear that Elena wanted Damon but dates Stefan. And how could Stefan be so blind. Melina thought that vampires were supposed to be smart.

Melina can't tell how Damon feels though. She can see in some of his movements that he doesn't like Elena but he acts and speaks so fondly towards her. She doesn't understand which is a first for the girl.

But what she did know was that he clearly would rather be with Mira. The way they look at each other. They deny it but we all know.

We all know.

Melina has her dress on. A beautiful red gown, hugging her curves. A slight, v-cut showing little of her cleavage.

She walks out and meets with a sight of a messy Mira. She has her upper-body covered in the messed up dress and is frozen, and turns to where she thinks she is. She can't see as her face is covered with emerald fabric.

"Heyyy." She mutters, flustered.

"Hey babe." Melina walked closer. "Do you need help?"

She nods, sheepishly. Melina puts her hands on the cloth, scrunches it up and moves it around to fit the hole where her head is. She pulls the dress down to cover Mira's body, properly.

A flushed face evolves and she laughs nervously. "Thanks."

"No problem. You look great, honey."

"You too, Mila!" She exclaims, happily. "Let's do our hair and makeup."

They walked to the bathroom and applied each other's makeup while chatting. After a messy forty-five minutes, they have finished the cosmetics. The friends are now doing their hair. Melina had finished styling mine and is now curling, Mira's.

After they finished everything, they moved downstairs meeting the brothers. Damon openly stares at Mira with no shame and Mira being oblivious. As always.

"We're ready." Melina says.

"You're late. I said eight not eight o'five." Damon teases.

"Die."

"Okay," Stefan comes in, interrupting the conversation. "Let's go."

*****

The party was in full swing with a bunch of nameless faces. Masked guests walked in and out. A cool breeze washed over Melina's face sending a small piece of hair back. She stood next to the Salvatores, looking for a doppelganger.

Mira was dancing with someone, who Melina had never seen before. Damon was looking in hidden jealousy that would have been hard to notice, if she hadn't been paying attention.

Stefan was standing next to them, looking for Katherine. After a couple of seconds, Damon looked away from Mira and started looking too.

"Do you see her?" Damon asks.

"Nope," Stefan and Melina say at the same moment.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Stefan asks Damon.

"He has a point. You did love her and spent most of your sorry life pining for her." Melina chimes in.

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Damon gloats.

"A dick." Melina speaks, honestly.

"I had the chance to kill her, and I hesitated." Stefan states, ignoring Melina to which she pouts.

"Well, that is the fork in the road between you and me, my friend." Damon tells him. "I don't hesitate." Melina scoffs and mutters a sarcastic agreement to his statement.

"You spent one hundred and forty-five years loving her. It could happen." Stefan turns to his brother.

"That's what I said." Melina mutters.

"I won't hesitate." Damon convinces.

"Stop ignoring my commentary." Melina exclaims. Damon mutters an apology. She mutters, "Рывки." Jerks.

Melina moves to Mira. "Plan; starting. Melina; annoyed. Hotel; trivago."

"Ha ha." Mira fake laughs. "I'm dancing so shoo." She waves Melina away.

Melina moves to the side and sees Katherine moving with Stefan to dance. She goes to the food and grabs a strawberry. She turns back to the sight of them dancing and sees the doppelganger behind a teenage girl. She sees her pushing her palm behind the girl, paralyzing her and then killing her.

She wouldn't know this move if she hasn't been trained to notice.

*****

Katherine walks into the spelled room. "Where is she?"

Caroline laughs and Katherine turns around, confused.

"I did it." Caroline smiles. "I really didn't think that I'd be able to fool you. But I did it."

Katherine tries to vampire speed out but she gets knocked back by an invisible wall, spelled by Bonnie.

"What the-" Katherine asks. She then sighs and realization falls upon her face. "Stefan." She turns back around to meet the eyes of the Salvatore brother.

"Hello, Katherine." He greets, a mischievous smile spread on his face.

"Goodbye, Katherine." Caroline waves with a giddy smile. Proud that she managed to outsmart Katherine.

Stefan twirls a stake in his hands. Katherine struts closer.

"You don't really think that you can kill me with that, now do you?" She asks.

"No," Damon silently approaches from the door behind her. "But he can," Stefan nods towards him.

Damon shoots a stake to Katherine's back, she lets out a yelp and falls slightly. She groans.

Stefan comes at her weakened state and stabs her in the shoulder. He tries to attack again but Katherine pushes him back and he topples over a chair.

Melina hid behind the door watching and anticipating every move, wishing she had popcorn. She knows not to interrupt so she stays behind, hiding.

Damon grabbed the stake from Katherine's back and tried to stab her in the heart from behind. Katherine grabs him and easily overpowers him, being the older and stronger vampire.

Melina sighed, knowing that this plan was a death sentence. Katherine was the older, stronger, and smarter vampire. She knew they wouldn't win but she also knew to the argue with their idiotic ideas. It wouldn't end well. It would be like arguing with a brick wall.

Stefan starts throwing stakes at Katherine very messily. Melina thought, at least have good aim.

Katherine grabs a stake that was thrown and throws it at Stefan which he dodges by ducking.

The Salvatores finally got her in a good position to kill until Jeremy Gilbert burst in.

"Stop!" He yelled. "You're hurting Elena. Everything you're doing to her is hurting Elena"

Damon stops mid-air knowing he couldn't kill Katherine. But not for the reason you think...

Melina walks out after everyone moves and sits on the chair, nonchalantly. Everyone looks at her while she looks unbothered.

She shrugs, "Eh."

Katherine ignores her for the time being and looks at Damon. "You think you two are the only ones with a witch on their side?" She asks. "Wrong. And something tells me that my witch is better than your witch." She gloats. She grabs the stake.

"Jeremy, go check on Elena. Make sure she's okay. Go!" Stefan yells, pointing at Jeremy. Wanting Elena to be safe. Jeremy runs out to do just that.

"Let's all make sure poor Elena is okay." Katherine says, sarcastically. She takes the stake and pushes it against her palm. To which the boys yell and Stefan knocks the stake out of her hand. Melina blankly stares with a raised eyebrow.

Katherine grabs another stake, "This is really going to hurt." She moves the stake, back and forth while Damon and Stefan scream.

She sits on the couch next to Melina. "Okay. So, how about that moonstone?'

Katherine finally acknowledges Melina.

"Who are you?"

To which, Melina answers. "Someone who doesn't want to be here."

Immediately after Damon rushes out. "None of your business."

"And why not?" Katherine asks, a mischievous look painted on her delicate features. "Who did you rope in your plan Damon."

"She's Melina." Stefan answers.

"Sure. Tell a psycho vampire- no offense- what my name is. Great job Stefan." Melina says, sarcastically.

Katherine smirks, oddly not hating the girl who doesn't seem to like Elena.

She turns back to the brothers. "The three of us, together. Just like old times." She pronounces. "The brother who loved me too much," turning to Damon. "And the brother who didn't love me enough." Turning her head to Stefan.

"And the evil slut vampire who only loved herself." Damon turns to Katherine.

"Hey!" Melina exclaims. "No slut-shaming, you Дик." Dick.

Katherine's lips turn up, knowing what she said by being fluent in Russian. Her lips turned up more when she heard Damon apologizing. How big of an influence was this girl?

"What happened to you, Damon. You used to be so sweet and polite." She asks.

"Oh, that Damon died a long time ago."

"Good." Katherine states. "He was a bore."

"Why don't you two stop antagonizing each other." Stefan butts into the banter.

"No." Melina says. "Continue, it's entertaining. Now if only I had popcorn." She muttered.

"Where's the moonstone?" Katherine changes the conversation to what she originally wanted.

"What do you want with it?" Stefan asks.

Melina looks at Damon who seems like he knows something. Melina knows he's playing clueless but doesn't know why. Or what he knows.

Katherine steers the conversation away. "Does Elena enjoy having both of you worship at her alter." Damon's face contorts into disbelief. Melina knows that he doesn't like Elena that way, by the way he acts when she's around.

Melina snorts at that statement. "Yes. Yes, she does." Stefan gives her an annoyed and disbelieving look.

"That was really desperate, Katherine." Stefan says. "Don't you think we can see right through you?"

"So it doesn't bother you that your girlfriend is in love with Damon?" She asks, rhetorically.

"Actually, I would like to know too." Melina points a finger in the air.

"Oh, stop it." Stefan says. Clearly not wanting to believe the truth. Damon starts walking, deliberate steps towards everyone.

"Or what? You'll hurt me." Katherine shakes her head and moves up from the couch. Melina swings her feet up to where Katherine was sitting and lays down. "Come on, stefan. Everything I feel, Elena feels. So, go ahead." She then gasps and turns to Damon. "Or better yet," she takes slow steps towards Damon. "Kiss me Damon. She'll feel that too."

"You know this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused." Stefan walks over.

Damon wasn't confused. He knew exactly what Katherine wanted even if he pretended that he didn't. No one knew this though, including Melina who was great at studying people.

"Why a werewolf? The moonstone can break a curse that would help them destroy all vampires," everyone turns to Stefan. "So what's in it for you?"

No one except Melina was looking at Damon who was slightly smirking like he knew something.

What was going on?

*****

Melina dragged herself to her room. Mira was grinning next to her, talking about how much fun she had. Melina was barely listening but instead thinking about how Damon acted today. She could tell he knew something, but couldn't figure out what.

What was he hiding? What did he know? What is his endgame?

"Bye, Melina!" A cheerful woman waves.

"Bye, Mira." A tired woman replies, giving back a slight wave.

She moved to her bathroom and changed into night wear. She thought about everything that happened today.

Katherine got trapped in the tomb. They didn't manage to kill her. Not like Melina thought they could.

Mira enjoyed the party, not having a care and not giving a fuck. She even got a dance in with Damon. She was a happy person in general and didn't want to take a big part in these plans. She wanted to live with her supernatural plans and knows that she'll be in the community. She's not upset.

Tyler got turned into a werewolf by their dear Katherine. Caroline was taking care of it, even though Caroline didn't want to. Caroline felt bored and annoyed with the scooby-doo gang even though she can't admit it. No one knows this is how she's feeling.

Bonnie was in distress. She felt awful, not as if anyone noticed, everyone worried for poor Elena. She didn't want to be trapped in the vampire business. She never wanted to be a witch. She wanted to be a high school student with no care except for what colleges she would have to get into. Now she doesn't even know if she would ever make it to college. She wanted to live. Live in content.

Stefan was in his room. He rubbed the palm of his hands on his face and groaned. He was angry on how he got Katherine, trapped in the tomb but still couldn't be with Elena. Melina did not understand it. How could someone be so in love with their ex's doppelganger. It doesn't make sense.

Elena was walking in the parking lot when she hit on the back of the head and kidnapped. She was scared and worried. A man came behind her and covered her mouth with his gloved hand, muffling her cries for help. She was shaking and shoving but was no match.

Damon was there when the tomb was shut. He closed the tomb shutting Katherine's muffled cries. Katherine sobbed with her back against the wall, bewildered. She was thinking over Damon's words.

Katherine wakes up in the tomb. She saw the moonstone and grabbed it. She turns to leave but she's trapped.

Damon arrives and says, "Hello, Katherine."

"Where am I?" Katherine asks in her rare moment of fear.

"Where you should've been all along. I thought you'd learn your lesson by now, messing with a Bennett witch."

"You should have killed me." She whispers.

"Death would have been far too kind."

Katherine screeched. "No, Damon, don't. Damon, don't! You need me! Elena's in danger!"

Damon smirked and turned completely to Katherine with his hand supporting him. Katherine was shocked by his reaction. She thought he cared for Elena.

Oh how wrong she was.

Damon spoke two words that no one would have thought he would utter.

"I know."

__________________________________

Author's Note

First chapter!

Thoughts?

I always wanted to make a fanfic that would satisfy me and I'm starting... and hopefully finishing. I am a terrible procrastinator.

I also hate life right now so I am taking comfort in this.

Please vote and comment. This is important and I am not the slightest bit embarrassed for asking.

Also follow because... well why not?

Till next time, you beautiful bitches.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 6.8K 34
"Always." I whispered looking up at him. He looked down at me with a smile. "And Forever." He finished, before leaning down and kissed my lips with...
1.5M 28.9K 31
❝How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...❞ ⬖ ⬖ ⬖ Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
43K 1.1K 36
♡Klaus Mikaelson Love Story♡ •TWILIGHT/VAMPIRE DIARIES/ORIGINALS• (If you're reading plz vote! Trying to reach 1k!) "You can't go back and change the...
152K 3.5K 79
[𝖮𝖭 𝖦𝖮𝖨𝖭𝖦] ❝ 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋? ❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝖻𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂...