Forgotten Memories | Tommyinn...

By objectofyourheart

Angst | Ghostinnit / Phantommy | Ghostbur | Exile | SBI Exiled by his former best friend, taken from the onl... More

Please read!
facts
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
The End

chapter 9

6.5K 208 126
By objectofyourheart

Third person pov

A growing white fog had set in over a blanket of freezing snow, curling like a great wave in the swelling wind and through the mist stood a winged figure, bloodied Netherite sword in hand. Light snow started to drifting down from the pearl white clouds from above, snowflakes settling on his green and white bucket hat. Snow crunched under the winged mans heavy footsteps, snow covering his winter boots with fur details and the hem of his forest green trench coat sprayed in half-melted powdered snow. Heavy breaths were washed away from the now howling gale eclipsing from the shadowy forest surrounding the elytrian, frozen breath puffed out of their pale pink, chapped lips. Tall, snow-covered trees towered over the shifting shadows and watching eyes filtered by shimmering snowflakes swirling and dancing with the winds, the leaves and gushing winds creating a beautifully dramatic symphony from the free chaotic elements. The speeding winds made it almost impossible for the man to fly, forcing them walk among creeping mobs.

Philza Minecraft shielded his flushed face with his gloved hand, his ash grey wing feather ruffling together in the draught messing them up completely from when he preened them earlier in the morning. Golden yellow hair whipped around his squinting green eyes and creased forehead. Puffs of smoke where slightly visible from the spruce and stone house just over half a mile ahead of the exhausted man. A small snowy mountain surrounded in the background of the torch filled home warmth emitting, the homely aesthetic bringing comfort to those who lived there and fear to those who knew the residents. Phil gripped his sword and double checked his inventory (his bag), still not safe from the monsters until he reached the tall fences around his home. Zombies groans and rattles of skeleton bones echoed off the spruce trees around the tense elytrian.

Finally he reached the worn spruce door, winds roaring in his ears and snow coming down faster than ever around him swirling in a dangerous dance. His gloved hand reached out to the cold handle and the door slammed open with a bang with the unwanted help from the strong wind, a sudden rush of warmth blowing in his face from the house.

Phil's pov (Back in the forest)

I just checked my inventory and saw I had collected over a stack of steak and pork ready to be cooked in a hot furnace at home with Techno, Ghostbur and Tom- No. Just Techno really; Ghostbur doesn't really come round much and Tommy pretty much hates me after what happened at that place. I don't regret what happened to L'Manburg, that place only caused pain and anguish for my family. But Wil? I don't think I've ever regretted anything more in my life. The pain in Tommy's eyes pierced my already broken heart. I don't remember much of after his death other than endless tears, regret and overwhelming grief and guilt. I didn't move from my bed in days with Techno being the only reason I ate or even nudged me out of bed to shower.

As soon as I found out about Ghostbur my emotions were conflicted to say the least. On one hand he was a part of my son, the happy excited part, all his hopes and dreams in one being. On the other hand it was a constant reminder of what I had done and that the whole and complete Wilbur and his strange hatred of anteaters would never return. Once I met the ghost I saw that there where still parts of the old Wil, my Wil, in there and we started hanging out a lot more, he talked about his blue and his strange hatred for anteaters (just like Wil!) and I talked about some of the adventures I had. Things got a bit awkward when he would remember things or if he brought up Tommy, but other than that we had grown close. With the help of the History Books and others intriguing but tragic tales he pieced together the memories, still forgetting some things though of course.

Techno also got along with Ghostbur and where also quite close, maybe not as much as me. I never saw Tommy's reaction to him since he seemed to be avoiding me. I haven't seen Tommy since Wil's death because I thought it best to give him time to grieve, but when Techno and I found out he had been exiled we were shocked and furious.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Third person pov

Ghostbur, also known as Wil, traveled as fast as he could over the frozen snow towards the spruce house, tears gathering in his eyes. "Phil! Techno! Dadza!" Wil gasped as he reached the door yanking it open whilst holding a piece of blue tightly that was a navy shade at this point. Techno stood tensed on the other side of the door, sword in hand, "What's wrong? Are you ok? Why are you yelling?". He fired questions looking behind Wil like he was anticipating an attack. "It's Tommy!" Wil gasped again trying to catch his breathe from his fast journey on foot. Techno relaxed and put the sword down as Philza came down the stairs, "What's all the commotion about, are you guys okay?" he said concerned looking at his sons for answers. Wil breathed slowly and looked up tears trickling down his face now with slight hissing coming from his transparent skin and Techno and Phil stepped closer to comfort him before freezing at what he revealed. "T-Tommy's been exiled."

"W-What? H-How I thought Tubbo was president?" Phil stuttered at the shocking news, Tommy exiled? Sure he's done plenty of things that he probably should have thought about doing before doing them, but he's a kid, he's impulsive and young. "He is, D-Dream threatened to imprison L'Manburg in obsidian walls if he d-didn't exile Tommy." Wil managed to get out his explanation before putting his hand over his mouth, tears running silently non-stop with small hissing noises from the small burns. Techno stood frozen processing what was happening. Tommy had technically betrayed him in the ruins of the Community House but he was also his little brother... All those nights training, laughing and just being kids, not knowing the trauma that would await each child ready to have their go at shattering them and their hope. Through all the pain, fighting and trauma they where still brothers, family.

Techno closed his eyes as Phil gripped Ghostbur in a comforting hug calming him and whipping away the tears hurting his translucent skin. The hybrids pale hand curled into trembling fists, Wil noticing first escaping Phil's embrace. "Techno? You ok?" he said in a concerned voice reaching out with his smoking hand. "I'm going to kill Tubbo. I don't care what Dream said, you don't mess with my little brother." Techno growled out, eyes snapping open revealing glowing red eyes. Techno grabbed his glowing weapons and armour and stormed out the door, pearl in hand. He was about to throw the orb he felt a firm hand on his shoulder, it was Phil. Wilbur stood nervously behind him hoping Phil would convince his brother not to start another war. "Techno...

I'm coming to."

"What!? Phil!" Wil spun his head to face his determined father. "Wilbur he exiled Tommy, I know me and him haven't been on the best terms since Doomsday, but Tommy sacrificed everything he had for that place and in return he's going to be exiled!?" Phil turned back to the snowy house to prepare his weapons for the confrontation. Wil caught up to his side with an anxious look painted across his face before stopping as the older finished his point. "I... I-I mean I guess your right... He did all of that and they..." Phil looked back at his ghostly son's disheartened face and spoke with a soft voice, "Hey it's gonna be ok mate. Tommy's a strong boy, he's going to be ok. Tubbo on the other hand... Let's jut say we need to talk about some things." Phil and Techno finished getting all their equipment and Ghostbur said he wanted to come to try and calm things down if things got heated, which they most likely would.

Third person pov (At L'Manburg)

The trio stepped out the swirling purple-magenta smoking Nether portal into L'Manburg. Tense silence surrounded them throughout the abandoned looking nation as they walked through it, looking for the president.

Tubbo stood near the dark obsidian walls surrounding his nation, staring out to the calm ocean with Fundy and Quackity behind him looking at each other in worry. Tears ghosted his eyes whilst looking into the distance, sadness echoing in every feature of him. An enderpearl suddenly echoed through the silence and Tubbo twirled around and put up his shield just in time to see a glowing Netherite blade centimetres from his shocked face and an enraged Technoblade behind it, eyes glowing, duel-wielding his sword and axe.

"Techno what are you doing?!" Tubbo shouted in a strained voice, the seething god applying more pressure to his attack. "You hurt my family."

Tubbo's eyes widened in realisation before hardening his facial expression and quickly stepping away from the attack, standing in a protective stance with his now draw sword and shield. "I didn't want to Techno, it was him or L'Manburg and I had to do what was best for my people." This only seemed to anger both him and Phil further. Tubbo risked a quick glance at Fundy, Quackity and Phil to see all their weapons drawn as well with Phil looking as furious as the hybrid in front of me. "Him or L'Manburg? What kind of question is that? Tommy was your bestfriend. He sacrificed so much for this cursed place and in return you exile him?!" He'd hear those words echoing in his own head since it happened, but to finally hear it out loud made him stop. They all stood in a tense silence, all of them looking at the president as he thought.

Tubbo straightened his back and put his glowing weapons and shield away whilst nodding at the others to follow him in suit. Eventually all weapons were put away but that made the situation no less dangerous for anyone. The silence was soon broken with a sharp voice veiling the worry behind it, "Where is he?" Tubbo looked out toward the horizon and whispered with pain haunting his eyes, "I don't know." Anger quickly reappeared on Techno and Phil's faces, "What do you mean yOu DoN't KnOw? You left him all alone with Dream?! The one person in the world who hates him the most? You left my brother with him?!" Tubbo closed his eyes tightly, a tear trickling down his pale face, "D-Dream came and demanded his exile and I... I-I had to do what was best for L'Manburg a-and he... took him away." the boy took a break to breath and try not break down in front of the group and carried on with a shaky voice, "When he came back we tried asking were Tomm- uh um were he was but he just left."

There was a pained look in everyone's eyes, some hiding it better than others and some with tears streaming freely down their face. Another betrayal, another bond broken, another family separated. The pink haired male turned around slowly, rage slowly simmering down and sadness creeping in. The silence was held until Techno threw a glistening green pearl in the air, Phil following his son. As soon as they had left Tubbo fell to the ground tears streaming down his face, sobs echoing around the silent nation from the heartbroken boy.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Phil's pov

I stopped suddenly realising I now stood in front of my snow-dusted home and see a glow of the fireplace reaching out through the windows weakly against the storm. My shaking hand reached towards the iron door handle and pushed it open. The wind slammed it open as I winced from the noise and the sudden rush of warmth towards my freezing face. Not being able to see much, I take off my hat and brush off the snow, put it back on and drop my bag and take off my thick, snow-covered coat and stretch my wings before looking at the melting snow on the wooden floor. Oh I'll clean it later. I turn around and freeze at the sight before me.

. . .

"W-Welcome home Phil..."

. . .

I stood there in silence, the only sound being the soft popping of the dying fire as I stared at the scene before my eyes. All my sons together after so long. Techno leaning over the stuffed armchair, Wil sitting in said armchair with his smoking arms wrapped protectively around... Tommy. Curled into the protective grasp of Wil lay Tommy, fear and distrust in his eyes. I was pulled from my thoughts when I realised my eldest said something, "-hil? Phil can you hear me?

Third person pov

The winged man blinked slowly, processing what he is witnessing. "Toms? Wh-what's happening? I thought they took you away?", he stuttered out still not believing what he was seeing. What seemed like hundreds of emotions fleeting through the eldest's and the youngest's eyes as silence settled over them again like a suffocating blanket. Slowly, without breaking the silence except the dull popping of the remnants of the flames, Phil walked forward his wings trailing behind him and little emotion shown on his face as he walked towards his youngest son. Techno and Wilbur both tensed at the motion, getting into protective stances around the fragile ghost, Techno standing up straighter and Wil circling his arms around Tommy's waist. Tommy kept his eyes on Phil as he knelt to his height, not really knowing who he was. From his brothers reactions and a strong pull of familiarity, longing and slight anger Tommy was confused for about the 100th time since he 'woke up'.

A tear trickled down the fathers face as he took in everything that he was seeing. His son had wings - brilliant white wings. They were slightly dirty and looked like they've never been preened before in his life. His complexion had changed massively, Tommy had always been pale and easily burned in the sun but now he was transparent, literally! So many thoughts and questions whirled in his head as he opened his mouth to speak. "Are you ok? What happened Toms?" Wilbur looked back at Techno before looking at Phil, whos questions were also directed at the other two brothers. Tommy had also tensed up slightly, the exhaustion and underlying panic getting to him, Wilbur having noticed this he spoke quietly to Tommy trying not to startle him to much, "Would you rather go upstairs whilst I explain what happened to Da- Phil or do you want to stay here, there's nothing wrong in wanting to go upstairs after all that's happened." Tommy took a moment to think about this before saying in a hesitant voice, "Uh- um I-I'll s-stay here... I-I want to remember."

Phil, still knelt down, got up slowly noticing the trio tense slightly when he did so he slowly perched himself onto a stool near by the armchair. Wilbur shuffled around in the chair for a moment getting himself and Tommy comfortable before looking at Phil's neutral-ish face and starting off with, "O-ok so um..."

Wilbur then went through his journey over to Logstedshire, when he found Tommy and when they confirmed that he was in fact a ghost. Then there was the topic of how he died...

Phil's pov

Tears gathered in my eyes as Wilbur retold the story of what happened to Tommy. He went through so so much without anyone. Not Tubbo, not Ranboo, not Fundy nor Niki or Techno or me. I was suppose to be there for my children, but I guess I was never really good at that. I sat for a minute taking it all in some stray tears running down my face. I got up from where I perched and slowly came over to Tommy, making sure I looked as least as intimidating as I possibly could and hugged him. Tommy tensed slightly in the embrace but slowly relaxed and leaned into the hug before Wilbur wrapped his arms around him and Techno even sat on the arm of the chair and put his arms around us for a minute. We all let go after a minute or so as I wiped away any stray tears from my youngest's face.

I let out a shaky breathe and spoke in a soft voice, "You're not alone anymore Toms, we're here for you now. I'm so unbelievably sorry for what I did or didn't do when you needed me.

I love you, son."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've decided that the ghosts can be touched but they can go through blocks/people if they want to, and if you touch them its like if you touched solid mist or smoke. Also, any hugs or affection is strictly platonic and certainly not romantic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 3.5K 16
Tommy is in exile, he is a human, isn't he? -- This is an AU of where c!Tommyinnit gets wings in the DreamSMP, Its also an sbi (Sleepy bois inc) AU ...
90K 2.9K 26
COMPLETED Tommy couldn't move. Tommy couldn't breathe. It had been weeks since he had escaped exile, but Dream had finally caught up to him... When T...
184K 5.6K 97
I am making one shots. I can do requests check the request page. LOTS OF ANGST. READ ALL CHAPTER Triggers. Might not upload much but I have some I a...
21K 793 8
"Tommy?!-" The boy turned around meeting the gaze of a brunette boy. He seemed familiar to Tommy. But he didn't know from where. "Am I supposed to kn...