๐’๐“๐Ž๐๐„๐ƒโ„ข

By VEAUNE

Complete 4th written book More

Aa
Bb
Cc
Dd
Ee
Ff
Gg
Hh
Ii
Jj
Kk
Ll
Mm
Nn
Oo
Pp
Qq
Rr
Ss
Tt
Uu
Vv
Ww
Xx
Yy
Zz
yY
xX
wW
Epilogue
Pt 2

Vv

3.6K 177 97
By VEAUNE

Jovan

"Nigga you did WHAT?" I asked while my eyes stayed connected to the screen at a guy who's body was suffering from second-degree burns.

"I did what I had to. Ain't nobody finna tell me hide my kid from the world," Flame stated with an eye roll.

"Nah, I ain't talking about that nigga. I'm talking about why the fuck they have extra search crews out for yo' ass." My eyes drifted over to Flame who's shoulders were slightly shrugged.

"Cause my stupid ass done gave the Maury show my full name, and they weird asses done reported me tuh' the police. They tried to connect the call to a location so I threw my phone out at some randoms house."

"Flame, do you fucking know what being on the low means?" Marq asked with a head shake.

"Nigga, i'm not gay." He leaned on his side with his eyes squinting.

"He's like a grown version of Tino," Kayla implied, taking a step away from our conversation.

"Look man. Stop contacting the damn Maury show and stop going out here in the public, lighting mother fuckas' on fire. Stop doing crazy shit that'll get us caught and most definitely stop posting them DS pics on facebook. Nigga.. just stop breathing." I shoved myself past him, entering the next room.

"You ready or what?" I asked Draco and he stood to his feet, grabbing his gun.

"Yea im ready. I got some good news to share with you though bruh." He patted his hand on my back with a fat ass smile on his face.

"What's the news?"

He seemed like he was going to tell me, but he paused in the middle of his thoughts. "Imma tell you once we take out Powell. I feel like it's something that everyone should hear at the same time anyway. We all is family, technically."

"True that," I simply replied before turning around to everyone else who had their guns loaded and ready.

"This really finna be our last hit and run together before we leave town," Marq mumbled and we all nodded our heads.

It's crazy how far we all came. Just a couple months ago we were shooting up people's house and stealing diamonds and shit. Now look at us.

"After this we gotta agree that we ain't gonna get caught up in this drug shit no more. Fuck being KingPin, fuck fighting and shooting niggas. We gotta do better," I stated and everyone seemed like they were on the same page as me.

"Once we cross over state boarders, I know a nigga who can give all us new ID's. We won't have tuh' hide foe' ever but just for a minute until they get us situated," Flame added in.

"So it's a deal?" Kayla asked in a serious tone, "We're done with this shit by the end of tonight?"

I looked around the room seeing that everyone was nodding their heads, a second time, to confirm that we were done.

"We won't ever have to run from the cops," I assured, "Ever again."

•••

"He in the building or what?" I asked May through the phone. She was currently on speaker so we could all hear.

Even though I wasn't fucking with her because of what she did, she wanted to redeem herself and help us out one last time.

Part of me was saying not to trust her since she could easily let Pow know that we were coming but another part of me was saying that she wasn't dumb enough to do that.

I still didn't understand why she was working with him, even though she was engaged with the police also. I guess she still loves to street fight like the hood rat she is.

"Yea he is. It's some other guys in here too. Some of his homeboys. There's two people at the front gate blocking the entrance way, but that's all you have to deal with," She finally replied, with a rushed voice.

"May you better not be fucking with me," I warned, "Cause i'll kill yo' ass with that nigga."

She went silent on the other end and Marq and I shared small glimpses. "Yes, I know."

With that, we hung up simultaneously as Flame parked the truck across the street from Pow'a building.

"Damn it's dark as fuck outtchea'," Flame commented with his eyes looking at the stars that brightened the sky.

I opened the car door, sliding my mask over my face, and picked up my gun, just breathing in deeply as everyone else did the same.

Once everyone was out, I turned to them. "Ready?"

Everyone tossed me a head nod before we jogged over to the building. I had a thing out for Powell. Not because he wanted me out the picture, but because he was harassing Nessa.

As of this moment on, anyone who disrespected her or was planning to harm her, had to go through me. I wasn't about to let shit go down.

If I leave and don't take him out I know he'll take her out and that's not what I needed right now.

I leaned my back against the brick wall and watched as Flame and Marq instantly started shooting their guns towards the entrance way.

At first, I assumed they took out the guards in front with how silent it had gotten after the rounds went off, but then the sound of a revolver reloading, popped off into the air.

"GET DOWN!" Someone shouted and we all tossed ourselves to the ground as multiple bullets traveled quickly through the air.

"THATS A FUCKING ASSULT RIFLE," someone else shouted, warning us not to get hit. The moment one of those shells make contact with us, ain't not surviving.

The AR could shoot 45 rounds per minute, which was three shorts every second, and could reach a target as far as 300 yards. Those bullets were deadly and highly effective.

Draco and I army shuffled on the ground until we were able to reach the back of the building, where there was no security.

I pulled my phone out and made a quick call while Draco kept lookout for me. "May open this back door and fast too. We waiting out here."

The rapid sounds piercing through the front of the building, started to fade away. I was hoping that Flame and Marq got the job done but I wasn't sure since I couldn't hear them.

"NIGGA, ILL CATCH YO' ASS ON FIRE," A voice shouted nearby.

Yea, they survived.

May swung the back door open, and we made our way into the building. Right now it was pretty empty which lead me to think that the workers were all gone for the moment.

Powell's building was big as shit and was hard not to get lost in by first sight.

I shoved May out the way and pulled my gun out my pocket, to hold tightly in my palms. "It's too fucking quiet in here."

"Cause that nigga know we here.." Draco commented as a blast of shots let loose in our direction.

We instantly dodged what we could, as we gunned down when the shots grew louder and doubled in response to our revolt.

Everyone ran out the area, into different directions, looking for the closets object to hide behind. Draco, Kayla, and I ended up in the same place which only meant that May was with Marq and Flame.

We panted against a thick wall before looking around the area we were in.

"Where the fuck are we?" Kayla asked and both of us shrugged our shoulders. The hall we were in was bright and the lights shunned over our heads, filling up the whole ceiling.

"I don't even know," I mumbled while we walked and turned down another hall that had glass walls. On the other side of it were dead bodies, some fresh, some not.

I had a feeling we would get lost since we didn't know shit about the building. Now that May was in a different area from us we had no idea where we were going and there was no navigation.

"Baby, when you and Nessa was down here, do you remember when Pow's office was?" Draco asked, looking over at Kayla, who's eyes were still on the body.

She nodded her head "Yea, I remember c'mon."

We followed her lead, but I made sure to take a look around while at it. Even though I wasn't a fan of that nigga's short ass, he had a decent ass place.

Draco nudged my shoulder. "After this shit we gotta celebrate fo' real. I'm talking about hennessy and all."

I smirked at comment and patted his back. "Hell yea nigga. We need a fucking one on one. It's been a long time since we done some shit together that ain't involved killing niggas."

"It's here," Kayla announced, stopping our conversation. Her finger pointed off to the door in front of us.

I kicked the door open and to my surprise, Pow was sitting at his desk just waiting for me. My entrance made a sinister smile appear on his face and he finally got out his seat.

"Nigga you's really got some balls walking into MY building thinking that I wasn't gon' notice. Who the fuck you think you is?" He stepped up with his arms crossed, tightly.

"I'm that nigga." I stared at him un-phased by his posture. "You think I was finna sit here and let you get away with the shit you tried to put me through."

He scoffed off my words and leaned back against his desk. He kissed his teeth slightly, revealing his tinted grills. "Word on the street is, you on the run from 12. Meanwhile yall here tryna take me out. Nigga you better make sure you walk outta here alive cause if you don't imma kill you and yo' whole family. Imma also get my hands on that Nessa bitch."

I shook my head, watching him pull his gun out from behind his pocket. "The thing is, you not finna kill anybody. Matter fact, you not getting yo' hands on my girl cause I ain't letting that shit happen."

In the back, I could hear the sounds of shoots flaring down the hall. There was screaming and shouting that followed after it.

"GET DOWN, GET DOWN," Someone shouted and bullets started to stream through the walls which caused everyone in the room to duck their heads so they wouldn't hit.

"THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" I muttered seeing that more people were popping up and running down the halls.

Holes covered the walls and continued to do so as more bullets shot through the cheap border.

I took this as my chance to shoot Powell, and slipped my gun out of my pocket while the screaming continued to echo through the building.

He took notice of my stance and got ready to aim his weapon as me. I held my gun out, making sure that if I shot, it would spear his head, but the moment my finger pulled on the trigger, no bullets came out.

The shell case was completely empty.

My expression immediately dropped and I continued to press on the trigger, waiting for something to come out, but the response was the same.

When Powell noticed, he shot his gun and something heavy pushed me out the way, causing me to slam roughly against the ground.

My vision blurred for a moment and everything felt unreal. My hands rubbed over my head as everyone's words became unfocused in my ears.

It wasn't until I heard Kaylas screams when I noticed what was going on.

"DRACO," She shouted with her body sheltering over his. Her hands were on his chest where he had been shot at.

I scrambled off the ground and quickly ran over to him, looking for anything to tie his wound with. "Draco, Draco, Dont leave bro," I murmured seeing that blood was quickly escaping his body.

Kayla was trying to force the bullet out his flesh but she couldn't. It seemed to make her madder as she did what she could to get it. "Baby please stay with me."

"We gotta take him to the hospital," May shouted when she entered the room, "He's not gonna survive."

"No," Draco muffled as more blood gushed out.

Draco was a real one. He knew the moment we brought him to the hospital, the police would be there waiting to pick all of us up. He knew that we'd all end up dying behind bars if we got caught which is why he said no. He didn't want to risk everyone else's life.

"Baby you need to go to the hospital. If you don't live I don't know what I'm going to do with myself," Kayla whispered

I dropped down beside her, trying to force his eyes to stay open. His breath was drifting off by the minute and he was becoming unresponsive. "I'm not gonna leave you bro."

Police sirens approached the area and grew louder, outside the building. I could see the blaring lights.

"WE GOTTA GO," Marq shouted as he looked out the window.

"I'm not leaving my fucking brother," I snapped feeling my heart start to race. This nigga saved my life just to risk his own. I couldn't leave him. He was all that I had left.

The sirens grew and expanded through the neighborhood, letting everyone know that twelve was here.

The rest of Pow's crew ran out the building as the started heading the officials break down the doors and stream in.

Flame and Marq grabbed my arms and started dragging me away. "WE GOTTA GO BRUH. THEY FINNA CATCH US."

"Bro I can't leave him." I felt my eyes drenched up as they pulled me out the room and started darting down the hall.

I turned around one last time to see him before someone snatched my hand and yanked me back so we could get out the building.

We ran out a side entrance seeing that the area was filled with cop cars. I followed behind Kayla who was squirming behind a fence.

We both jumped it before dashing towards the van that Flame had parked across the street. The moment we got in, slammed the doors, and got seated, he drove off.

The car-ride was silent and I could feel my heart instantly drop. My shit was beyond broken right now. I felt all types of pain that I didn't even know existed.

My chest hurt so bad that I couldn't do anything more but let tears stream down my face. My body just felt numb, but I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way.

Kayla was sitting across from me just breaking down into pieces. Every time she tried to speak, her words would hyperventilate and she'd cry even more.

"It's not FAIR," She screamed, wiping her eyes with the palms of her hands, "H-he just asked me to m-mary him." She burst into more tears.

I looked over at her kind of shocked. "Is that the news he wanted to tell us?"

She nodded her head, covering her face with her hands. "I love h-him."

The car went silent again as I closed my eyes, trying to shake off what just happened. I just lost someone that meant so much to me. It just felt like a part of my soul was gone.

It's crazy because we were just talking about celebrating together after this whole thing was done, and now we can't even do that.

After what seemed like a good few minutes of being drained in my thoughts and emotions, I finally lifted my head up to see we were in a different area of town. "Where we goin?"

I could feel me starting to get angry. I wanted to beat myself up for not making sure I had enough bullets in my gun.
I wanted to beat myself up for making him come with me, for wanting to kill Pow instead of leaving town instantly.

I was the fucking reason why my brother got shot. He went out of his way to push me so I wouldn't get hit just so he could.

He knew what he was doing. He knew what the fuck he was risking but he did that shit for me. I can't ever sit here and say that nobody loved me because that nigga.. He fucking loved the fuck out of me.

It's just sad that it took until his death for me to realize.

"We goin' out of town. We finally about to leave everything behind us and go," Flame responded as he took the next exit.

"Nah, turn around," I paused him and everyone looked back at me like I was crazy.

"Nigga the cops is AFTER us. You ain't just see them pull up at Powell's place? THEY know we out here and we gotta go before it's too late," Marq insisted.

I nodded my head. I knew it was a risk and I knew we were close to getting out but I had one last thing I needed to do. "Take me to Nessa's. I told her I would say goodbye and right now i'm not about to lose the chance to say that to the only other person I fucking love."

"Bro, not even tryna be mean but Nessa ain't worth it. She not worth us getting caught," Marq added in with his arms crossed tightly together.

"I don't give a fuck," I mumbled through tears. "I'm not about to make the same mistake twice."

Kayla placed her hand on my shoulder, letting me know that she agreed with my decision and nodded her head. "Let him see her one last time. If it were me, i'd want the same."

Flame contemplated the decision in his head before huffing and making a U-Turn. We all took breaths, hearing nothing more, but sirens.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.7K 31
Briana has always grew up in a good Christian home, had great parents, and loving siblings, but everything changed after the death of her father who...
87.1K 3.9K 28
Sequel of : STONED *Completed ! 5th written book