New Beginnings ~Eddie Diaz 9...

By Tilly_stories

28 year old Valyn Lopez has been a fire fighter for ten years. During that time she worked in Seattle along s... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
A/N
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
A/N
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21:
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Two:

6.9K 87 4
By Tilly_stories

Valyn's POV:

We made our way into the room where the yelling was being heard from. We saw a man laying on the floor. He looked like a janitor. He told us that he couldn't feel his legs so we knew a spinal injury was involved.

We started to look for something we could use as a backboard. Thats when Ali asked if the ironing board she found would work. Buck, Eddie, and I carefully moved him onto the makeshift backboard and made our way back into the hall.  We began our climb down the stairs to find an exit.

"Shit-stairs are blocked." I said.

"So are we trapped in here? I mean, one good aftershock and the-" Buck started before I cut him off

"Whole building will come falling down. Yeah, I know." I continued, "Let's make our way back up the stairs. Maybe we can find another stair case or elevator shaft for us to climb down."

We started back up the stairs and I slipped on some loose rocks.  Good think I was behind everyone because otherwise I would have caused a falling chain of dominos. They all turned to look at me.

"Shit, that hurt."

"You good?" Buck and Eddie asked in unison.

"Yeah, just scraped up my arm a bit. Nothing I can't handle."

Eddie helped me back onto my feet. Damn- he is so cute, and he has a son. God- Fuck my life.

Eddie's POV:

I was thinking about Christopher as we were walking back up the stairs to find another way out. Thats when I heard someone say "Shit, that hurt." I looked behind me and saw Vera sitting on the ground with a bloody elbow. "You good?" Buck and I asked in Unison. "Yeah, just scraped my elbow a bit. Nothing I can't handle." Vera responded. Fuck-why is she so cute. Buck and I were talking before the earthquake about how I should ask her out.

Of course I disagreed because I only just met her today. Although, if we get to know each other over the next couple months, I might consider it. I mean she is beautiful with her long brown hair tied back in french braids, and her blue eyes, and glowing smile. Now I am getting carried away.

I helped her up and we continued on. The 4 of us that were conscious began to speak again.

Valyn's POV:

"So Vee, what was your worst call?" I asked.

"My worst call was probably two years ago when my station and I were working a warehouse fire. Five of us were inside including me. Bishop, Herrera, and Gibson were on the third floor evacuating, Montgomery was on on the first floor also doing an evac, and I was on the second doing a sweep before I was going to head out. The ceiling fell and blocked all staircases and exits and the place was about to flash over. The fire was huge by then and so if you were trapped in a room there was no way out. When the ceiling collapsed, part of it caused about a 300 pound storage shelf to pin my leg down and I was stuck. The battalion chief had to turn the hoses on the warehouse with everyone still inside even if it would boil us alive, it was our best chance of getting out of there. We were ordered to take cover and I tried but couldn't do so because of the position I was in. The hoses were turned to the warehouse and put the fire out. We all got out alive with the victims of the fire. I got the worst of it with a femur fracture and a couple of second degree burns."

"Damn thats a story." Said Eddie

We all just chuckled. Nash called out over the radio for a headcount of the 118. Everyone responded except Hen and our faces all turned to a worried expression. We found an elevator shaft. At the time the elevator was above and stable so we made our way down the shaft, myself at the back. First, Diaz and the janitor went down to the next floor. Buck followed with Ali in his arms. The elevator was coming down now and I was almost to the floor below. I had to jump for it and I jumped just in time for the elevator to fly past that floor and crash at the bottom. The four of us looked down knowing how close we just came to death.

"Welp, that was fun- nearly becoming a pancake like that." I chuckled out.

The three conscious people just looked at me like I was crazy for making a joke after that.

"What?! I make jokes in bad situations okay! Its what I do. You are gonna have to deal with it too because I am not planning to leave the 118 anytime soon and I would assume you guys aren't either." I said

Eddie's POV:

"Welp that was fun-near,y becoming a pancake like that." mentioned Valyn.

Buck and I looked at her after that comment.

"What?! I make jokes in bad situations okay! Its what I do. You are gonna have to deal with it too because I am not planning to leave the 118 anytime soon and I would assume you guys aren't either." said Valyn

I liked how she could be so nice and other times she could be snappy in a sarcastic kinda way. Yeah eventually I am totally going to ask her out. I just hope by then she would feel the same way. She smiled at Buck and I as we got back up and made our way down the staircase that is unblocked and towards an exit.

Valyn's POV:

We made our way down the staircase we found. I was in front this time- you know, just in case I fall again and knowing my clumsy ass, I probably will. It will take about an hour to make our way down so might as well start up another conversation with the two hot firefighters behind me.

"What did you guys do before this?" I asked.

"I was in the military." Eddie responded.

Okay didn't think I could crush any more on him than I already did but then again here I am.

"I traveled around a bit bar tending and stuff and then I eventually tried out for the Navy Seals  but they wanted robots and thats not me so that didn't work out." Answered Buck

"You?" Eddie asked

"Right out of college I became a firefighter. I was 18 when I graduated so I didn't have enough time in between college and starting at station 19 to take on a job."

"How did you even graduate at 18?" Buck questioned in partial astonishment.

"I was always studying as a kid. Reading, and learning new languages was how I always passed the time. I still do that because I find it better to read instead of watching tv. With the Spanish school systems, by the time I came to Seattle, I was at an eighth grade level as an eight year old so it kinda went on from there."

"Impressive. What languages can you speak?" Asked Eddie.

"I speak Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, and Sign language."

Buck: "How did you learn that many?!"

"I grew up speaking Spanish, Italian, and German at home. My mother is from Germany and spoke mainly German so I learned in case I ever needed to translate and My dad was from Italy but grew up in Spain so he is the reason I spoke Italian and Spanish. I began learning French when I was six and when I was eight we moved or were going to until the whole plane crash thing but I learned English before I came. My parents died and I became a foster kid which wasn't actually that bad. I had a foster sister who was deaf so I learned how to sign. And when I was 14 I learned Russian for fun. Truth is I have actually had to communicate in those languages on the job before so all that work ended up being worth it."

Buck: "Damn- I could never."

We found our way out of the building and got the Janitor dude and Ali on to an Ambulance. Hen still hadn't been found. We waited for a bit and thats when the incident commander said they found her location and we needed to go help Nash and Chim get her out. We went down to the parking garage with some equipment. Technically there was a direct order given not to go down but even the incident commander decided we should even if it means she will have to reprimand us and herself. Buck being Buck cracked a couple jokes on the way.

When we got down we greeted Nash and Chim. She warned that if it collapsed, there was nobody was coming to save us. Did that stop us, no. No it did not.

We began pulling at the chains trying to pull the wall of concrete down and after a minute, we succeeded. We got support beams out and set them up.

A little dog ran out of the entrance. Hen and a little girl in her arms followed the pup. We all made our way outside and cleaned up.

🔥🔥🔥

Valyn's POV:

Eddie finally was going to pick up his son. Buck offered him a ride and me too since I didn't have a car. Buck and I watched as Eddie ran inside picking up is son with Cerebral Palsy and embracing him in a warm hug.

We all went back to Eddie's place for a beer and to celebrate the fact that we all didn't die. Turns out he only lives a couple blocks away from me. Once he tucked Cristopher in we sat and talked. It was a nice conversation with new friends.

Eddie's POV:

Valyn and Buck came with me to pick up Christopher because both Vee and I were relying on Buck for a ride. We ended up going back to my place and having a couple drinks. We all got to know each other a bit more. Valyn's laugh was so contagious. Someone cracked a joke and she laughed and then we all burst out laughing. Her smile was gorgeous as well. She truly looked like an Angel.

She had a bandage on her arm from where she scraped it. She winced a bit from the pain if she hit her arm on something but she was tough so it didn't effect her much. I never realized how she could have such a difficult life until she told us so making her laugh and smile was brightening up my evening a bit more.

Buck's POV:

The three of us were back at Eddie's place having a drink. It was extremely obvious that Eddie had a little crush on Valyn but she was too oblivious to it yet, I'm pretty sure she had a little crush on him too. There was plenty of time to figure that out. Eddie said that when they get to know each other a bit more he will ask her out but I doubt he will take only a couple months to ask her out. He will probably take at least a year to ask her out. But for once I hope I am wrong.

A/N: ooooooooo The three firefighters are getting closer😁😁😁😁😁 The next chapter will be out soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 112 11
Kaitlyn "Kate" Buckley is Buck's twin sister. She was left with her parents when Maddie and Buck left to move and decided with their lives. After 22...
70.2K 2.4K 37
Alexandria Rivers has been fighting to survive her entire life. Joining the 118 was her first moment of peace, and eventually two guys show her how t...
402K 11.4K 39
In which, Sasha Carter's casual night outings completely changes her life. [911 SEASON 2-3]
53K 1.7K 25
Carla's daughter moves closer to home for her last year of residency ...or at least that's what Noelle told her mom. {Eddie Diaz x OC}