After you left

By niaa_writes

"I don't want to, but I have to let go. It's better for her this way and I cannot have a fucking kid" Hardin... More

Chapter 1 - The start
Chapter 2- Avoiding?
Chapter 3- Trying to improve
Chapter 4- Miss me?
Chapter 5 - Long time no see
Chapter 6 - Nights like these
Chapter 7- England?
Chapter 8 - Manipulation
Chapter 9 - Bookings already
Chapter 10 - Pregnant?
Chapter 11 - Nightmare
Chapter 12 - Letting go
Chapter 13 - London
Chapter 14 - Miranda
Chapter 15 - Enough
Chapter 16 - Addict
Chapter 17- Pete
Chapter 18 - Gender Reveal
Chapter 19 - The mishap
Chapter 20 - Break down
Chapter 21 - Payback
Chapter 22 - Doubts
Chapter 23 - Journal
Chapter 24 - Hearing out
Chapter 25 - Old times
Chapter 27 - New neighbor
Chapter 28 - The letter
Chapter 29 - Adjusting
Chapter 30 - Lamaze class
Chapter 31 - The morning after
Chapter 32 - Can we?
Chapter 33 - Hiding something
Chapter 34 - Leaving again
Chapter 35 - Moving on
Chapter 36 - Is it betrayal?
Chapter 37 - Pain more than anger
Chapter 38 - Renovation Party
Chapter 39 - After party
Chapter 40 - Labour
Chapter 41 - After birth
Chapter 42 - Quality time
Chapter 43 - Apologies
Chapter 44 - Bonding
Chapter 45 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 46 - Good day
Chapter 47 - Family dinner
Chapter 48 - A tad longer
Chapter 49 - The babysitter
Chapter 50 - Irresponsible?
Chapter 51 - Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Distant?
Chapter 53 - Finally
Chapter 54 - Matured?
Chapter 55 - Fate
Chapter 56 - Tired
Chapter 57 - The end
Epilogue
Final author's note
Bonus epilogue (1)

Chapter 26 - Ride back home

2.9K 112 29
By niaa_writes

Tessa's POV:

"I'll drive" I ask grabbing the keys from him... "unless you don't want me to drive your car"

"No it's alright, but will you be comfortable.. driving like this?" he hesitates.

"I did drive all the way here, didn't I? I'll be fine" I sit in the car.

He huffs and sits down the passenger seat.

I hate to admit it but I've missed his car. Even though he wouldn't let me drive his car.. I missed this scent and the warmth.

"It's a long drive. We can exchange whenever you please" he says in a low tone.

"mhm"

"What were you thinking? Coming all the back way to Pullman alone?" And he begins.

"I don't need to explain myself to you. I needed to some time to myself, in peace.. and this place gave me more peace than libraries"

"You could have asked me to drive you here-"

"I said I needed some time and space from you. I had to think about everything going on in my life" I snap.

"And how did you know that my due is March 21?" I ask.

"I- uhm- I calculated. I took an approximate guess just to shut Molly up" he says and I believe him for now. "Is it really 21 march?" he looks at me.

"Don't act as if you care. I know very well that you don't give a shit about all this" I wave on hand in air and hold the steering with other.

"Tessa I do care! Sorry.. Tessa I want to change for you. I want to be a part of our daughter's life"

I take a sharp breath "I don't know Hardin. 7 months back you couldn't even bare the thought. How do I believe when a guy like you says that he wants to be a part of a child?"

He sighs. "Before going away for 3 days, I stopped by Ken's house to take my car. I had an argument with Landon and I stormed out. Ken.. Well Dad met me on the way out, and we had a little chat. He was actually helpful. The talk made me see things more clearly-"

"You expect me to believe that?" I scoff.

"Yes. Fuck I did talk to him. I- I was going to leave and never come back again. But talking to him opened my eyes-"

Hardin's POV:

(flashback)

I get out of the house and Ken bumps into me.

"Son? What are you doing here?" He grabs my shoulder.

"I- I just came to pick up my car. I'm leaving"

"You are going to Tessa right?" he asks.

"No. I'm going far away from here. I don't deserve her. Everything's my fault"

"Hardin. I cannot imagine what you are going through. First with your mom and now the same thing with Tessa.. you want to talk about it?"

"No I fucking don't. It all repeated again. I am you. I left her. And this happened" I sit down the porch.

He sighs and sits down beside me. "Hardin- listen to me. I know what happened is terrible. Terrible. but you don't want to repeat the mistake I made. You leave her now and you will regret it for the rest of your life. You shouldn't run away like I did. Like a big coward asshole. Do you want your kid to go through what you did? The hate you had for me? It ruined your life didn't it? Do you want it for you child?"

"No" I look away.

"I know it's hard. I was scared to death when your mom was going to have you. But when she did, it was the best moment of my life. Yes it will change your whole life but for good. How many more years do you want to spend drinking and partying? You are going to have a baby with the woman you love. I think it's time you mature up Hardin. You can do it son"

"Thanks" I leave and get in my car.

He's right. I love her and I want to spend my life with her. I shouldn't be scared anymore. She means the world to me and I am going to change for her. I will. And I would never let my child go through what I did.

(end of flashback)

Tessa's POV:

"Do you trust me? I want to change Tessa I fucking do. We can live together and raise her together?" he adds in the last.

I stay silent. I keep my eyes on the road instead of talking to him.

"The way you were behaving inside. I didn't like it. You need to stop acting like we are together. Because we are not" I blurt.

"Okay" he frowns. "Did you atleast consider giving me a chance?"

"I did. I don't want my daughter to grow up without a father too. I will think about it Hardin, but what you did is unforgivable. unforgivable"

"I know Tessa I fucked up again. I want to make it up to you for the rest of my life" he tugs his hair. "Can I ask you something?" he says in the lowest tone possible.

"Sure" I sigh.

"That night-"

"I don't want to talk about it" I cut him off. I know what's he going to ask.

"I'm so sorry that happened Tessa-" his eyes fill tears but I ignore.

I look over after sometime to find him passed out with his head laid back on the leather. His hair is messy and fluttering against his eyes by the wind. He looks so innocent while sleeping but is actually the opposite.

Now that he's back, it is like I found the last piece of my puzzle but I am not sure I want to put in it's place.

"No! no Tessa! no please stop for fucks sake no! NO! Tessa!" Hardin screams and I pull over on the side of the road.

His nightmares.

"Hey hey. Look at me" I hold his sweaty face between my palms.

"Tessa" he opens his eyes and hugs me as tight as possible. "I'm so sorry Tessa"

My heart says to comfort him and my mind says to push him back and that he deserves this. I go with my heart.

"It's okay Hardin. I'm here. Alright?" I rub his back as he holds me tighter.

"I'm sorry" he pulls back and wipes his tears stained cheeks.

These few hours I took to myself since yesterday, I thought about all this and came to the conclusion considering to give him a chance for our daughter. After all it's his flesh and blood. But he will only be the father of my child. I don't want him involved in my life. Only our daughter's. She doesn't deserve growing up without a father. I am not sure what I am doing but it is what seems right now. His showing up completely messed up my head.

"You want me to drive?" he asks sipping water.

"No we are almost there. Where are you staying?" I can't help but ask.

"Er- I don't know. I've been sleeping in my car"

"Oh" I feel bad but it is what it is.

"Can I stay with you?" he asks and I almost choke on my spit.

"What?"

"Sorry- I thought-" he shrugs.

I cannot believe his guts.

"Hardin. I thought about us"

"And?" he searches my face.

"I don't want to go back in our cycle. I'm done with you... but"

Hardin POV:

"But?" I ask.

"You are her father. I don't know what to do"

"Tessa I don't think you should stress about it. You will eventually forgive me. You always do" I say and I immediately regret it.

"Come again? Forgive you?"

"Sorry I meant-"

"Oh I know exactly what you meant. I cannot believe you Hardin. For a moment I thought you changed but no. And trust me I am not forgiving you this time. I am seriously done with you. Go back from where you came Hardin. Don't complicate things more." she snaps.

"I don't want her to be like us. We both had difficult parents and she doesn't deserve this Tessa"

She pulls over in her building. "Don't show me your fucking face again" she slams the door and leaves.

I look at her walking away and I have no idea what to do or say.

...

Author's Note-

I can't wait for y'all to read ahead.. I am pretty sure it's some good stuff. And don't forget to comment what you think. I love your comments! They literally make my day <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 579 52
"'Tessa, he's manipulating you. Still! He's abusive can't you see that?' Zed yells from across the room. I have a feeling this time he's right." What...
674 31 13
Tessa has grown up as a Poor. Follow the rules, keep your head down and do as the Rich say. Life is tough, but she's surviving. That is until Hardin...
482K 14.2K 113
Tessa and Hardin are finally together and living happily ever after in New York City. But of course, life is not a fairytale. The couple face new and...
25.6K 1.3K 48
8 years .... 8 years since that tragedy took place in her life and ruined her completely furthermore helped her achieve everything in her life she ha...