Cold as Stone

By Hjc0703

[COMPLETED] They didn't believe her when they should have. They let her leave with her step-father. Wha... More

Warning
Aesthetics and characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Important!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
New Book!

43

5.3K 161 15
By Hjc0703

I stared at the wall, ignoring Dante and all of them. I continued wrapping my hands, not even looking at them.

"Addison, are you even listening?" Xavier asks, making me look at them.

"Nope. Don't really care for your rant." I stood up and put my phone in the locker before a text came in. I looked at it and slowly put my head against the lockers. I looked at the text again.

R- Did you know her first word was mama? You missed everything because you ran away.

I put my phone in the locker and shut it, putting the code in it. I looked at the people. Luke came in and stared at me, emotionless. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Office." He gritted out before leaving. I rolled my eyes and followed him but before I could go out, Xavier grabbed my arm. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" I ask, softly.

"Just be careful." He whispered.

"I'll see you guys after." I say, before leaving.

I go into Luke's office considering we're at his gym. I shut the door behind me and sat in the chair.

"I'm not going to sugar coat this, but whatever your doing this for, fucking get it done. I don't want you in the ring." I raised an eyebrow. "I'm not saying you can't do it because you fucking can. Do not spend no longer than 30 minutes in that ring. Get what you came for then punch her ass out. Understand?"

"Yeah." I whisper.

"Can't hear you. Understand Addison?"

"Yes, Luke. I understand." He sighs.

"Good. I don't care if you kill her. I don't even care if you don't. Just punch her ass out when you get information, alright?" I nod. "Good. Now, another thing."

"Fucking hurry."

"Your little buddy who rode in your car, don't do it again."

"Look, I didn't even want him in the car."

"Then kick him out."

"You know I couldn't do that." He raised an eyebrow. "You know why. Who did that to your face is the same person who he works for. I'm trying to play my fucking cards right so do not yell at me."

"He's back for good, isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is." I whispered.

"He's blackmailing you. By what? Don't know that part but I know it has something to do with Adriana."

"I ain't explaining shit to you, Luke." I say, standing up. "What I asked you to do, is it done?"

"Yeah. Here." He pushes something towards me. "You're connected right to Sid."

"Good." I say, putting it in my ear. "Let's get this over with."

--

I walked into the ring, adjusting my earring. I looked at Luke who had a phone in his hand.

"Hear me?" I ask, looking away from the crowd.

"I won't speak to you, boss. I don't want you to get distracted." A ghost of a smile went on my face. "Best if you don't speak either. Have to listen to what she says. I'll come on if I get in, alright? I'll also tell Luke."

"Did you try what I asked?'

"Dead end." I don't say anything and Adriana came onto the mat.

"You ready, Addison?" venom dripped from her voice but it didn't faze me.

"Sure. You ready?" I ask, with sweetness in my voice. She looked taken aback but didn't say anything.

We both got into stance and waited for the gun to go off. When it did, she threw the first punch. I dodged it. I threw a fake left hook and she dodged it. I quickly threw a right hook, making her not dodge it.

This went on for a few minutes until she said something.

"I missed our friendship, Addison." She says, frowning.

"Wasn't the one who ruined it." I say, kicking her stomach. She stumbled back a bit.

"No. I did. I ruined the group." She said, frowning.

"Because you're a greedy bitch." I say, humor in my tone. That made her pissed so she threw a right hook, making me dodge. She then threw a left making me dodge again.

"I gotta admit Adds, I always thought you were a goody two shoes." She says, frowning. I shrug.

"I was when I was younger." I say, throwing a hit. She didn't dodge it quick enough.

"I always hated your mom, you know?" She says. She did a roundhouse kick, making me stumble back a bit. My ribs were hurting. I needed a break but I needed the password. "Why do you need the password so much? Why do you need to use the website?"

"It's my website too, Adriana. I'm not allowed to use it?" I say, tilting my head.

"I got the money off it."

"Because you sold it to different mafias. Then I came back and took it down." I say, smirking. I kicked her in the stomach again, making her stumble back again. "Now I need the password again considering you changed it."

"You should already know it, babe." She says, winking at me. There's the Adriana we all know and love. "I mean, it's just 6 letters."

"A lot of words are 6 letters." I say, throwing a punch to the nose. A crack made its way to my ears and I pouted. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"You did that on purpose!" She gritted out. I raised an eyebrow.

"Did I?" I ask, confused. She tried throwing a punch to my nose, but I blocked it. I threw a left hook, connecting it with her jaw.

"I got it, boss. Now get out!" I smiled. I knew Luke got the memo.

"I guess I won, Adriana." I say, making her frown. I threw a punch, knocking her out. Luke immediately opened the door and I got out.

"You okay? I said 30 fucking minutes, Addison." He started. I looked at him.

"It took a while. Calm yourself." I mumble.

"Still!" I rolled my eyes and Tom came over. I looked at him.

"You need to get checked out. Why the hell are you fighting with broken ribs?"

I follow him to the locker room and sit down on the bench. He gave me a water bottle and pills. I took the pills and downed them with water.

"You shouldn't have fought, Adds." He whispered. I looked at them.

"Got something I needed." I say, taking the earpiece out of my ear. He looked at it while I put it in the water.

We stayed silent until everything was over.

"You're lucky you don't have internal bleeding, Adds." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, aren't I?"

"Yeah. You are. I'll see you around." I grabbed his hand and he looked at me.

"I need you to do something for me." I whisper, making him frown. "I'll pay you. How ever you want but please do this for me."

"What's wrong?" He asks, sitting down next to me. I looked at the door and back at him.

"Nevermind." I whisper, standing up.

I put the code into my locker and opened it. I grabbed my bag and put my sweatpants on. I grabbed my phone and shut it. I exit the locker room with Tom. My family and friends came over to me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why only 30 minutes?" Chase asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Because I would die after 35."

"But you were in for-"

"35. It's how the rules went for today. In a regular fight, you can stay for as long as you want."

"You made the rules?"

"No. Ryan did. I'm just using them." Xavier was about to say something when my phone rang. I looked at it and closed my eyes. I answered it and leaned against the wall.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat.

"Saw you win. Gotta admit, had my doubts."

"Why?"

"Because you haven't fought since your last birthday. It's coming up, isn't it? Turning 17." I bite my lip so hard, I'm surprised I didn't taste blood. "Answer Addison."

"Yeah. I am."

"You gonna celebrate?"

"For my 17? Maybe. I may have a big party. You know?"

"I do know. I remember my 17. Didn't really care for it."

"Why are you calling?"

"A car is out front. Get in it."

"Why?"

"You want to see your daughter? I suggest you get in it."

"How do I know-"

"That this isn't a trick? Get in the goddamn car Addison or so help me. You're already facing a punishment." I opened my eyes and stared at Dante. I knew I had fear in my eyes.

"I'll see you soon." I whisper before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Nothing. I, uh, I have some business I have to attend. Out of state." I added on before he spoke.

"When will you be home?"

"Depends. Depends on what happens. Hopefully in a few days."

"Where exactly are you going?"

"South Carolina." I say, lying through my pearly whites. They nod. "I'll be back before school starts. Hopefully."

"Drive safe, Addison." I nod.

"Yep. Love you guys." I say, before walking away.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I got into the car. A blindfold placed over my eyes so I didn't know where I was going.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 4.9K 41
"You don't know me." "Yes, I do. And this is not you." "You don't know me well enough to know if this is me or not." "You're an angel...our angel" "T...
1.6K 28 10
Iris was two when they sent her away to a boarding school for her safety. But she wasn't safe at all, tortured everyday and train to be the deadlies...
3M 68.9K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...