Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 30- Worried

13.6K 401 114
By Peachsk

Kayla POV

Walking down the city streets will never get old to me. I clutch my bag straps closer to me as I head up to the familiar alley way.

I hope he would remember me or at least have something I could do. My hand reached out knocking on the steel door. Nothing.

I raised my hand again knocking. This time it was opened. His pink hair had been now dyed blue. A smile grew on his face once he saw me. "Ah look who it is. I didn't think you would show up again." Loud, thumping music could be heard behind him. Filling up the quiet alley way.

"Well you said you would have stuff for me to do so I just thought I'd pop by and take you up on that offer." I shrugged.

"Come on in." Ryan held the door open wider for me. I took a step into the dimly lit hallway.

Following behind Ryan as he brought me through the club. We walked up stairs to a slightly quieter area. The music was now more muffled.

"This in here is one of our private rooms." Ryan opened up a door. Letting me walk in first.

"It's for any parties, so on." Ryan moved more into the room closing the door behind him.

My eyes wandered across the room. It had big L shaped couch up against the wall. A long table, sat infront of it making it nearly a boot. There was a small area for people to dance. A disco ball hung from the ceiling and a balcony sat looking over the main floor where many people were dancing and ordering drinks.

"So what do you want me to do?" Turning back around to look at Ryan. He shrugged.

"Do whatever you like. It can go just on the walls where the couch is." Ryan explained.

"So other then wanting it on that wall. You sure you don't want anything specific?" I asked again just to make sure. I think any artists fear is that their costumer won't like what they made them.

He shook his head. "The wall is your free space. I'll just be down the hall if you need me." Ryan sent me a smile before leaving me to my task.

I looked at the black wall. It needed something colourful to make the room pop. I laid put my cans all on the table. The perfect image came to my head. Who knows how long I could be here for.

Taking a yellow spray paint can I draw the first line. A thing about spray painting is once you mess up there is no really going back. It's not like you can throw your canvas out.

The more lines I spray, the more I can see the image in my head come to life. The colour already popping off the dark walls. The fumes are starting to get strong. I take my mask something I rarely use even though I really should. I think I've gotten use to the smell.

****

After an hour there is a knock on the door and in walks Ryan. "I was just seeing how you were get...Woah. Kayla this is amazing." Ryan stood wide eyed looking at the piece infront of him.

"That's only half. It sort of looks weird without the other half." I turned my head to the side looking at the paint that is already on the wall.

"It still looks amazing. I was wondering if you wanted a drink or anything?" Ryan asked.

"No but thanks though. Hopefully I'll get the other half down in the next hour or so." I checked my phone. It was going on ten so I had enough time.

"Well if you don't get it finished you can always come back tomorrow." Ryan suggested.

I shrugged. "Yeah I'll how much I get done today." I gave him a light tipped smile before getting back to work. Picking up a cyan spray paint can.

****

Losing myself while spray paint is something I do often. I knew I had stayed a longer then I was suppose to but it wasn't like anyone was waiting for me when I get home. Well that's what I use to think before Harvey had told me the truth.

I took a step back looking at the piece infront of me. The time now showing midnight. Shit. I had stayed two hours longer then I was suppose to.

I threw all my cans into my bag and quickly zipping up. I just needed to show this to Ryan before leaving.

I didn't know where to find Ryan but I had bumped into one of his employees who said they would let him know I was looking for him.

"Kayla this is even better from when I first saw it." Ryan walked into the room. His eyes even wider then before. He took a step back to see it all.

On the wall was an outline of two people kissing. One was cyan and the other was a light yellow. Around both people was colourful lines that stretched along the wall and around the two peoples heads.

(A/N- This is how I imagine it. But the lines stretch along the wall)

"How much do you want?" Ryan reached his hand into the back of his pocket pulling out a wad of money.

"Ryan it's fine honestly. You gave me a canvas." I smiled. I didn't want his money. In anyways this was a less technical piece so it didn't really matter.

"Just here it's something small. I can't be leaving you unpaid." Ryan handed me three, hundred dollar notes.

"Ryan this is too much. You could even do this." I tried to hand I back to him.

"Kayla I can barely draw a stick man. Not to mention how much of a steady hand you have like that line there is nearly straight. Scratch that. It is straight." Ryan started to walk out of the room. I followed behind trying to give him back to money.

He walked me to the door I had came in. I looked down at my phone it was now going on quater past. I bit the inside of my cheek. I had no time to argue with this man.

"Ryan you won this time but next you won't. I just have to go home." I started to walk backwards out of the alleyway.

Ryan smirked. "Stay safe kid!" He shouted after me as I ran.

The cans in my bag clicked as I ran down the city road. Everyone staring at me as I ran. I could just feel the smile growing on my face. Even though I was running back home, a part of me felt free. I loved the adrenaline rush.

My eyes went wide as I ran along the bus I needed to use to get home. It was like my own personal race on who could get to the bus stop first.

I put my hand out hoping the bus would stop as it got to the bus stop before me. A smile grew on my face as it did. I pushed myself to go faster.

The doors opened revealing the bus driver, what a coincidence that it was the same one from the night I had first met Ryan.

The driver smirked at me. "Catch your breath kid. But I won."

I let out a small laugh. I guess the bus driver was having his own personal race too. I climbed up the steps handing him my money.

"This is one me since you lost." He gave me a wink. The smug smirk still on his lips.

I took back my money shoving it into my back pocket. I moved taking a seat down the back. I hoped everyone was asleep like they usually are.

****

I clutched my bag straps closer to my body as I approached my house. The downstairs lights looked to be still on. I pulled my key out of pocket, opening the front door.

There Dad sat on the couch by himself. He looked over his shoulder to me when he heard the door open. I sent him an innocent smile as I softly closed the door. I'm guessing everyone else is asleep.

I went to go make my way to the stairs.

"Kayla sit."

I stopped in my steps turning back around to face my dad. He just stared at me. Waiting for me to sit down on the couch.

"Dad I'm tired and I have got sch_"

"Sit. Down. Makayla." Okay so were using full names now.

"Okay Lancealot." I moved over to the couch sitting down. Hiding my hands in my pockets since there was still paint on them. Not to mention I probably smell and the bag on my back.

"Where were you?" Dad asked.

"I told you me and the girls went out to get doughnuts but then got distracted." I shrugged.

I looked to beside my Dad to see Lee's cigarettes and my room ladder. So this is why he stayed up. He had gone through my stuff. He didn't trust me but who can blame him. I never gave him any reason to trust me really.

He noticed my staring. "Since you have seen why I wanted to talk to you. Explain both of these. I'm trying my best here to hear what you have to say first."

I gulped. I had nothing to be nervous about but Dad was finally willing to hear what I had to say before jumping to conclusions. "The smokes aren't mine. They are Lee's, they got wet the night of the dinner party. I had thrown them under my bed because well really I have no explanation to why I just never threw them out. As for the rope ladder I think we both know what it is used for."

Dad looked physically relieved that those cigarettes were not mine. "I'm glad I heard you out Kayla. But as for the ladder I will be keeping it."

I nodded. Technically Dad would hide it out in the shed and I would find it. Take it again and he would never notice. "Is that it?" I asked.

Dad nodded. He stood up turning off the TV. I also stood up and started to make my way towards the stairs.

"Kayla?"

"Yeah?" I stood at the bottom step looking at Dad.

"What's in the bag?" He questioned.

I smirked. "Dad I think you went through enough of my things tonight. You need to trust me." Dads eyes told me a different story. He didn't trust me. He looked like he wanted to force me to tell him what was in my bag.

"It's nothing bad right?" Dad questioned.

I shrugged. "Not in my eyes it isn't but in yours it might be."

He didn't seem to pleased with the answer but decided to leave it for tonight.

When I got upstairs I placed my bag under my bed. Changing into my pyjamas. I would put my clothes in the wash tomorrow.

I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face as I lay in bed. Dad had actually talked to me properly instead of shouting and jumping to conclusions. Not to mention I never got in trouble for coming in late. I think I deserve I peaceful sleep. All my other problems I can worry about them tomorrow.

****

This morning I had sent a text to Gabby telling her I wanted to talk. That if she wanted to hear me out I would be waiting at the school entrance. I was yet to hear from her.

When I walked into the kitchen Gavin sat at the counter along with Bobby. A bowl of cereal infront of them both as Bobby animatedly told Gavin something.

Ignoring them I moved over to the toaster putting in two pieces of bread. Harvey followed behind me as he came into the kitchen.

"Kayla you never sent me the man's name." Harvey said as he grabbed butter out of the fridge.

"What man?" Gavin had joined in on our conversation.

Me and Harvey shared a look. The toaster popped distracting us both. I pulled out both pieces of toast. Harvey came over robbing one of my slices.

"Mr.Allen." I whispered to Harvey as I snatched my piece of toast back off him. Moving over to the butter spreading it onto the toast. "Where is Louise?" I asked Gavin. Trying to distract him.

"She was needed at the boutique. They have some new collection so she asked me to take care of Bobby. Dad dropping him." Gavin explained.

"I thought he was in work?" Dad usually worked mornings to afternoons and then he would be back in the afternoon.

Gavin shrugged. "Apparently he took some time off."

I nodded. He usually took time off when Tara was coming home so he could spend time with her. Before she was off again.

Harvey walked past me again with his phone in hand. Snatching one of my toast back and walking off. Asshole.

Ethan walked into the kitchen robbing my second slice of toast. "Are you serious? Can I not eat anything in this house?"

I snatched it back from him.

"It was on the counter and it wasn't in your mouth so I guessed..."

"You guessed what?" I raised my eyebrow.  He didn't say anything.

"That's it. If you don't want me to eat. Just say so instead of taking my food. Now I will be walking and not carpooling with you." I said walking out of the kitchen.

"Kayla your not allowed to walk to school!" Gavin shouted after me but I just continued to grab my bag and walk out of the house.

****

I sat on the wall as I waited for Gabby to pull up to school. She hadn't texted me back but I was going to wait here either way. Well until the bell at least.

My heart beated out of my chest as I saw Gabby approach me. She had actually came to listen. I didn't want to mess this up. This was my first proper friendship in a long time and I didn't want to lose that over a boy. Especially I if liked him too. I would be willing to let those feelings die so she could be happy.

"Hey. You wanted to talk?" Gabby held her bag straps closer to her. Her chest slightly puffed out to try seem confident but I could read beyond that. She was a nervous wreck.

"Yes." I got off the wall. "There is nothing going on between me and Lee. There never has been. I couldn't do that to you. We are only friends and I mean it. He needed a place to stay and asked me cause I woul__" I was cut off when Gabby pulled me into a hug. I was caught off guard taking a few steps back to catch my balance.

"That's all I needed to hear. Thank you. I didn't want to lose you over a stupid boy." Gabby gave me a squeeze as we hugged. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Neither did I. I swear we are only friends." Gabby pulled away, her arms still resting on my shoulders. A small smile on her lips.

"I know and I believe you. Yesterday I just got insecure and had to leave. I mean Kayla look at you. Your gorgeous and also a born a girl." Her smile slightly fell.

"Gabby if a person loves you they won't care. Just be honest with him and if he doesn't like it then it's his loss." I gave Gabby a light tipped smile.

"I know plus I wouldn't blame him. I couldn't keep that against him if he didn't like me for that. It's not his fault, its just preference." Gabby shrugged.

Let out a breath of relief. "I'm just glad that your not mad at me."

"How could I be? I mean you are my best friend and been the number one girl who has been by my side since I got here." Gabby wrapped her arm around my shoulder as me walked towards the school.

One problem down many more to go.

****

"Looks like you two sorted out your problem." India had approached us. She looked at me and Gabby. Her gaze staying on me for a little bit longer.

"There was no problem it was just me jumping to conclusions." Gabby spoke up.

"So what happens from here?" India asks.

"Well hopefully Gabby will work up the courage to talk to Lee and__"

"And you will make enemies to lovers happen?" India had interrupted me, an innocent smile on her lips.

I sent India a glare.

"Wait. What did I miss?" Gabby asked, a confused expression on her face.

"A lot of chapters. Trust me." India smirked.

"Don't ask." I mumbled. Something caught my eye behind India. Wyatt leaned up against a locker. Another boy from are year stood beside him handing him something. Is he for serious?

"What che looking at?" India noticed how I wasn't paying attention to them. She followed my gaze to behind her. She smirked turning back to me. "If it bothers you. Say something to him."

"It doesn't bother me. That's his problem not mine." I said. I didn't care.

"What's going on?" Gabby looked between us both confused.

"See that boy over there." India pointed out Wyatt to Gabby. She nodded. "Them two had history. Not to mention at the same time they both disappeared which is still a mystery to why. Also they both came back at the same time but never acknowledging eachother." India explained.

"How do you know this?" I questioned. I always thought no one noticed us.

"The quiet ones always observe everyone. You know that." India shrugged. "Sobate you going to go over and stop him from being stupid?"

"I told you it's not my problem." Just then the bell rang. "Well can't talk to him now got to head to class."

India raised her eyebrow at me. I shook my head. I didn't want to get into it. I grabbed both of their wrists pulling them in the other direction.

****

I stood in the car park. It was the end of the day and I had yet to see Gavins car arrive.

Maybe they left?

"Did you have some lunch today?" My head snapped to the person behind me. It was Ethan.

"What?" I questioned.

Ethan looked down and then back up at me. "Well I you only had one slice of toast and I was wondering if you had anything else to eat?"

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Is this your way of saying you feel guilty from earlier?"

He shrugged. Was he not going to admit he felt guilty? I wasn't going to answer until he admitted it.

Ethan let out a sigh. "Yes I felt guilty. Not to mention Gavin said something to me. So did you have some lunch today?" Ethan asked again. But I couldn't believe that Gavin had given out to Ethan over it. Does this mean something wad said to Harvey too?

"Yeah I had a sandwich." I said, so Ethan could avert his gaze off of me.

Ethan nodded his head. His tense shoulders relaxing.

This felt uncomfortable. Ethan just standing beside me as we waited for Gavin.

We didn't have to wait long for Harvey to join us. They both talked as I stood there. My gaze connected to Wyatts who was staring at me. He leaned up against a car door as a girl talked to him. But he wasn't paying attention to her. He was paying attention to me.

"Kayla are you just going to stand there?" I hadn't even noticed that Gavin had pulled up infront of us. Harvey and Ethan already in the car.

"Chill. I'm getting in now." I took one last glance at Wyatt before moving to get into the car.

Gavin must of followed my gaze to Wyatt. His eyes hardening as he looked to where Wyatt stood.

"Are we leaving?" I asked Gavin trying to pull his attention away.

He nodded and started to drive.

Maybe staying away from Wyatt is good? But why does a part of me feels like I'm lying to myself...

There we go Chapter 30...

I hope you enjoyed. I'm slightly having a writers block. I don't know why but a part of me feels like I'm missing things.

Anyways I have a question for you cause I'm curious. What do you imagine Kayla to look like??

Also I feel like a song that represents Kayla is Ribs by Lorde.

So what do you think of this Chapter and everything that happened in it??

Should Kayla stay away from Wyatt??

Are her brothers changing?? Is her Dad changing??

Any questions??
Any suggestions??
Any theories??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 45.3K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...
384K 10.2K 39
[COMPLETED] Alexis Winter and Alexander Wilson Gonzalez are twins. With Alexander being the older twin. They live with their mother, Anna Gonzalez...
645K 14.2K 22
5 year old Aurora and her big brother Jason have been on their own for about 2 years. Their mom overdosed when Aurora was 3 and Jason has been taking...
61.6K 2.4K 22
Sequel to 'Innocent Eyes' All grown up, Cameron has returned home from Flordia after a year. She has missed being near her brother and friends. Now...