Let's Fly Away - Jodie Whitta...

By ThatWhittakerFan

Y/N hadn't acted much before. She'd done the odd part or two in a few tv shows, but nothing could prepare her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
A/N
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Three

391 18 57
By ThatWhittakerFan

"You're room 107, first floor. Here." the receptionist gave the key cards through the hole in the screen."Our regular services are available, but the self-serve breakfast is limited to six people or two households at one time, as well as in lifts. Masks must be worn everywhere apart from your private guest room. The wifi password is on the back of your room door. Have a good stay!"

"Thanks, you too." Y/N cringed, grabbing her suitcase. She walked quickly to catch up with Jodie, who was yanking her case loudly up the stairs. "We count...as a household.......right?" she heaved.

"Uh, I'm not sure, sorry." Y/N shook her head. "Why?"

"'Cause someone else....is waiting.....for that lift...and this case is.....really heavy."

"Do you want me to carry it?" Y/N asked. Say no. No, say yes. Wait no, say no.

"Nah..it's...alright." Jodie continued to climb. "I'm...fine."

"Are you sure? Mine's not that heavy." Yes it is.

Jodie paused and wiped her brow. "If you're sure, then please."

Y/N clambered up and took it in her other arm. "Is there another bag I can take for you to help? You've got a pretty big load there." Jodie asked.

"Er, there's just...this really." Y/N handed over her duffel bag.

"What's in here? Out of interest." Jodie was intrigued.

"Just my writing supplies." Y/N mumbled.

"Pardon? Sorry, masks."

"Writing supplies."

"Ooh, you're a writer?"

"Not really. It's just a hobby. I never get past the first draft anyway."

"Can I read some?"

Y/N scoffed. "Definitely not. They aren't for anyone but me."

"Okie dokes then. Your stuff, your rules."

——————————————————

They carried on lugging the baggage up the steps, the countless coats and scarves making them so hot by the time they got to the top they had three layers each to carry. The room itself had two small double beds, an en-suite and a large flat screen tv, with windows looking out over the dusky city.

Y/N took the bathroom first, having a shower and getting ready to sleep. Once she came out, Jodie was waiting right outside the door. She paused for a second and Y/N thought she saw a flash of surprise go across her face, but the next moment she handed her her script.

"Here you go, I've highlighted every place where there's likely to be a 'girlfriend' moment so we can discuss together what we're gonna do for it if that's okay?"

"Yeah."

"Great! I'll just be a few minutes. Feel free to highlight any more you find on mine too."

Y/N got comfortable on her claimed bed, making sure her stuff for the first day of filming was ready. She flicked through the scripts, colouring a few other places before placing Jodie's back and settling under the warm duvet. Jodie did the same.

"Right." she began. "Pretty much half of this film is covered in pink highlight. All the little star things I've put are where it's more romantic, like kissing and things. Well, it sounds like it according to the dialogue."

"Ah." Y/N avoided staring right at Jodie. She checked the script and realised there were quite a few. Oh no.

"I think it would be best if we just, you know go for it, just relax and see how it goes. But I'd like to know your boundaries first. I really don't have any, personally, but you might, so you know, just making sure, just in case."

"Yeah." Y/N wasn't really sure. Did she? "Not really, I suppose. I mean, I'd prefer non-sexual stuff. Like, no rude things I guess. If that's okay."

"Of course it is! Hang on, I'll note it down on a post-it. Never mind, I'll probably lose it. I'll use my hand instead." Jodie whipped out a pen and scribbled quickly onto her palm. "Okay, done. So, any specifics you know you're alright with?"

"I don't know.....cuddling? Handing holding? Kissing is okay, if it's not making out, and stuff." Y/N stumbled. "Sorry, that's a lot."

"It's fine! Good to know. As far as I know there's no sex scenes too so you should be okay." Jodie gave a grin.

Y/N smiled back, her eyes floating to Jodie's. She watched her eyes flitter around hers, the mix of brown and green covered by a widening pupil in the low light. The smile slightly faded but the sparkle in the iris remained, glistening like a star.

Out of nowhere, Y/Ns phone sang the opening of girl in red. Her cheeks warmed and she flustered around to reach the phone before the lyrics started. "Shit, sorry...." she mumbled. Jodie remained silent.

"Yeah?"

"Y/N! How are you?"

"Oh hi Trace. Sorry, I'll just be in the bathroom." she said to Jodie and quickly got up, locking the door. "What?"

"No need to sound too excited to hear from your best friend." Tracey crackled.

"I was just in the middle of a conversation, actually."

"With who? Surely I am much more important than someone at a hotel."

Y/N sighed. "Jodie."

"Yeah?!" Jodie called from the other room.

"Nothing!" Y/N called. "Shit, shit help."

"You're sharing a hotel room? Oh my god this could not get any better!"

"We just had a really awkward stare at each other."

"I was wrong. It got a lot better!"

"As much as you enjoy me being uncomfortable, I'd like some advice."

"Just.....be yourself!"

"Wow, really? Is that it?"

"What else do you want?"

"Better advice!"

"Y/N?" Jodie knocked on the door with a soft voice. "Are you alright?"

"Yep I'm fine!"

"She's a liar Jodie! A liar!" Traceys' voice suddenly became ten times louder.

"What?" Jodie sounded confused.

"Nothing!" Y/N yelled.

"She has a big fat crush on you Jodie!!! She doessss!!! Don't you Y/N?"

"I do not!"

"Y/N are you sure you're okay? Do you need me to do anything for you?"

"I'm fine, really!"

"Oh Joodddddiiiieeeee!"

"Bye Trace!"

"No, don't-"

"Bye. Bye bye. Bye now!"

"Don't you dare hang up on me-"

Beep.

Y/N let out a long sigh and closed her eyes. She loved Tracey, but she could be a real pain in the arse sometimes.

"Y/N?" Jodie knocked again.

"Yep, I'm fine." Y/N unlocked the door. "Sorry, Tracey is a bit......on the crazy side when she's tired."

"It's alright! It's pretty late anyway, so we should probably go to sleep." Jodie headed to her bed. Y/N almost followed to the same one, then quickly realised, going to her own instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 2 1
Please don't read this story if you don't like real person fiction about Adam Driver or if you are bothered by discussions of COVID-19. This is a rom...
355 31 4
Lockdown obliges two office workers to ask: where or what is home, when you have to stay there? * The setting is a fictional version of the UK's East...
156K 2.1K 51
Jalbert one shots: *Does involve smut *Started on July 2, 2018 *Ended on May 22, 2020
981 157 52
BEST RANKINGS #1 best seller #10 online dating #20 Covid-19 *************************** Fucking virus. It has all the world upside down. And I w...