𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 • k.mg

By happymingyu

When I get ideas but don't have much time to write, they'll end up in this one-shot book. I also write one-sh... More

INTRO.
HEAVEN-SENT.
MY SUNSHINE, YOUR MOONLIGHT.
PIZZA GUY.
STRANGERS WITH MEMORIES. (gyu bday countdown)

NINETY DAYS OF CONTRACT LOVE. (gyu bday countdown)

261 8 5
By happymingyu

Genre: Emotional

Inspired by,

'champagne problems' song by Taylor Swift,
&
Dear John (2010, dir. Lasse Hallström).

•••

This story is entirely fictional. The events of this story are all fictional and the public figure's personalities mentioned in this story are based on the author's imagination only and have no collerration with their personalities in real life. If there is, it is merely a coincidence.

•••

Dear Mingyu,

I've been tearing out pages from my thick, brownish-papered favorite limited edition A6 journal, the one that my sister gifted specially for me during my sixteenth birthday, to spill this burden I've been carrying heavily inside my chest for almost six years now. The reason why I did that is because I thought you deserved only the best for giving me the best years of my life, hence, I used my best and most precious notebook to write this farewell letter to you.

I hope this letter finds you in a good condition and reaches you well. I know, why would someone deliver a letter to you, a long one at that, when decades have passed since mobile phones became in trend, replacing letters as the main source of communication among youths? Thanks to today's technology, mobile phones have turned to our best friends, since they are with us all the time.

Speaking of best friends, that is what we are. At least, that's what I think we are. Lovers, we are definitely not, for I know very sure that your heart belongs to her. She is a very precious creature indeed, especially for you. The truth is, I know you were too clueless to notice, I envy her, really, she is a girl whose name could light up your eyes like the twinkling stars above the night sky. She, whose smile could make even the most stubborn butterflies in your stomach fly up to your heart and flap their wings all over it. Her luxurious Chanel perfume lingers in your nose for hours and makes you wants to stick around her the whole time, and you gladly admit that you never want to leave her. She, whose heart you stole in success and you promise on keeping it forever.

It is different with, and for me.

My name makes you tch, all the time. It hurts me a little, to be honest. Actually, it doesn't hurt me a little. It hurts me very much. My smile is oddly and no doubt a hundred percent similar to that of a baboon, you said so yourself. I was hoping that you would say my scent is strikingly ordinary, but instead you said my breath stinks and my mouth smelled like rotten eggs everytime I talked. My heart, which was beating alive and healthily, broke a little when you said that.

Alright, why do I keep saying 'a little', when it's just a myth throughout my whole description process of her? Actually, I would love to say 'a lot', however, I could not bring myself to do that, for I am such a coward.

I never told you this before, but for ninety days, I was feeling the happiest I have ever been in my life, even though our love was untrue.

I never told you this before, but for ninety days, I felt so overwhelmed that the love songs on the radio described my current life, and I was above the clouds.

I never told you this before, but for ninety days, I never wanted to be with anyone else but for you to stay by my side forever.

I never told you this before, but for ninety days, I wished myself every night to sleep... for you to love me back.

How I wish I could change our fate.

How I wish our time to love would be forever.

How I wish I could change the way you feel about me.

How I wish she loves someone else.

How I wish you were right here, in front of me.

How I wish we were talking, instead of me writing to you this letter.

Actually, every 'I love you's that I said, in front of our parents were true.

Actually, everytime we go out on a date with our parents, I always wore new dresses and spent five hours getting ready, three for doing my makeup, two for my hairdo.

Actually, whenever you said 'I love you', I wish you truly meant it.

Actually, I wish you fell for me before the ninety days came to an end.

Actually, I wish our dating contract never ended.

Actually, I loved you even before the contract begun.

Actually, I wish 'we' were canon, instead of just fulfilling our dating contracts with each other.

Perhaps by the time this letter reaches you, I'll be long gone from our city. I could not say goodbye to you in person, and please forgive me for that.

Take care.

Sincerely,

_____________

Mingyu wiped his whole face with one of his bare hand, sighing heavily. Sitting on his study desk made out of the finest woods that the Earth has ever produced, he hung his head low for the umpteenth time after reading your letter, that he has been continuously reading every night, for five years now.

Tonight marks the fifth anniversary of you leaving him, and your hometown, without a trace. He wanted to find you, he really did, but he could not and do not know where to start since nobody in town knew where you went.

He ruffled his hair in frustration, before he looked up to the ceiling. His gaze landed on to the silver wall clock situated next to the door, in his fancy, vast study lounge. The long line was in '12', and the short one in '8'.

Eight o'clock at night, and he hasn't ate anything for dinner yet. He was expecting a servant to come soon, but his hopes disappeared that fateful night when his mother knocked on his door, and soon when Mingyu told her to enter, anticipating a servant, she revealed that she gave them a night off.

"They really wanted to watch 'Slayer 3000', so I allowed them to have a movie night," his mother replied in chuckles. "You should relax too, Mingyu."

The man with 23 billion won asset smiled, "Of course, mother. I will. Thank you for the information," he spoke politely to his elder and bowed.

"Good boy. Don't overwork yourself," she flashed him a last smile, before closing the door.

Silence filled his home office after his mother closed the door.

He opened his laptop, about to resume browsing through his employee's reports that they have recently submitted eagerly to finish the work that their strict boss had tasked, when the sound of the train horn from outside interrupted him, making his heart almost jumped out of his chest.

He looked outside to the window and cursed in his mind for having his new home office room so close to the train station situated nearby his mansion that overlooks a beautiful cliff. He could hear all the sounds the train made when he was at his office. In fact, he could even hear the train announcements while he was in his new office, clear and crisp.

Raven-colored hair Kim Mingyu stood up and walked towards his tall window, where he could see several passengers scurrying inside the train. A train announcement then blared through the station, calling that the last train will be at 8:30pm.

That night, Mingyu took his mother's advice and left his office, heading to the train station. He decided to hop on a train to clear his clouded mind, that kept thinking of nothing but you, especially after reading your letter.

Once he was inside the train, he took your letter out that he brought in the pockets of his winter coat, and read it, again and again.

"_________," he chuckled, letting himself smile while saying your name. "I wish you knew what happened after you left. I was never with her again, she has found someone else, and now... I only think about you and wishing you could come back again. Come back home."

"Come back to me."

Mingyu had been working tirelessly that Wednesday, and when the train moved, he fell asleep.

It was 12:15am when he woke up inside the train by the loud horns of it. When he looked around, he was all alone in the train. He decided to get down at whichever city he was on, and stay in a hotel, promising himself that he would leave to go back early in the morning.

Once he was outside the train, he yawned really loudly in the unfamiliar city, bringing his palm to cover his mouth. His vision was hazy and blurry as he was too sleepy, and he did not realize at all that he dropped your letter for him. He continued walking without a clue, when, the voice that he longed to listen, finally rung in his ears again.

"Excuse me, Sir! You dropped your paper."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 367 32
Basically a bunch of random idea's for stories that I might or might not make a full book on. Just enjoy these utterly fluttering stories / one shots...
2.8K 18 53
-One shot- |Seventeen only| :Rules: -no request -some smut(might not have that much) -mixture of everybody so there just won't be the normal ship -an...
48.6K 1.1K 52
An m!reader x jisung book! Fanfic / Oneshot book, the ones with 🍋 are smut. [Under Revision 🏗️📝]
3.6K 41 13
message me for requests of more of a specific person! fluff/smut/angst