Hers | ✔ | (Editing)

By nadia__writes

❝I know love can be as pointless as it is to Nancy, and perhaps even as revolting as it is to Bill Sikes, but... More

Hers
00| Elysian
01| Orphic
02| Eccedentesiast
03| Kalon
04| Mauerbauertraurigkeit
06| Froward
07| Selcouth
08| Monachopsis
09| Illecebrous
10| Petrichor
11| Diaphonous
12| Lagom
13| Philocaly
14| Frisson
15| Abditory
16| Brumous
17| Haimish
18| Atychiphobia
19| Limerence
20| Collywobbles
21| Basorexia
22| Feuillemort
23| Querencia
24| Amaranthine
25| Lacuna
26| Aquiver
27| Commuovere
28| Adamantine
Author's Note
29| Redamancy
30| Kilig
31| Baisemain
32| Hiraeth
33| Eunoia
34| Demure
35| Zweisamkeit
36| Epilogue
37| Balter
One Shot Competition!
Deadlines & FAQ's!
Tomorrow!
One Shot Results!
38| Sirimiri
Prequel Is Up!
39| Latibule

05| Epiphany

42.6K 1.5K 1.8K
By nadia__writes

0 5 

E p i p h a n y 

  /ɛˈpɪf.ə.ni/  

(n.) a moment of sudden revelation.

  ♡♡♡  

The more you hide your feelings for someone, the more you fall for them.

  ♡♡♡ 

N o t e  

Happy Pi Day everyone (If you noticed) and no, I am not a nerd - intellectual bad ass is more like it. 

3.14.15

  ♡♡♡  

It was a lie -her Mom wasn't bugging her- let alone aware that she was in a guys' house. 

There was just something about going to Aaron's house, something that she just didn't have the temptation to resist.

It was a perfect reason to visit the good 'ole school data base, a beam plastered on her face as her eyes scanned through the thousands and thousands of students' names.

And she was glad she did.

Nobody knew where she was, not even Chase. She just told her Mom that she had some errands to run before she bought a tray of cookies and rushed over to his house.

The moment she entered his house, she didn't regret a single thing. 

Luke was a nice fellow, she thought, and was extremely polite to her. He had warm hazel eyes that she instantly relaxed with. (Even though she thought she knocked at the wrong door)

But it was absolutely nothing compared to Aaron's eyes - the brightest blue she has ever seen.

He had the prettiest iris she has ever seen.

She wasn't surprised when he gave her the cold shoulder (Which she was determined to remove), but was more surprised when he let her in for tea and ramen.

Tristan was her favourite, it was something that nature was just waiting for her to confess.

He was adorable, and he had brains - something she always appreciated in a guy.

But she had eyes for another. 

Aiden could make her feel a bit awkward and queasy, but she had a feeling he was going to be a great friend to have in the future.

Andrew was an absolute sweetheart, enough said.

She wasn't expecting to meet any of them really, but she was glad she did.

"So what do you do around here?" Rose asked curiously while Aaron kept her now empty bowl of Ramen in the sink.

He gave her a look. "What normal people do in their homes."

She gave him a look too. "Well no way Captain Obvious."

"But it's the truth Sergeant Sarcasm," He replied to her, shrugging his shoulders as he exhaled. "Have something in mind?" 

She thought for a while before she nodded her hear, her eyes were playful. "How about we play Scavenger Hunt?"

He rolled his eyes. "Do I look like a five year old to you?"

"No," She pointed out, her lips etched onto a smile. "But you look like an amazing host who is willing to do everything the visitor says right?"

"Oh for fuck's sake."

☆☆☆

"I don't get it Aaron," She sighed as she scowled. "There is literally only a number of places where you can hide a stupid cup."

"And because playing scavenger hunt with only two players makes even more sense." He told her coolly, sighing as he made himself comfortable on the sofa. "Give up yet?" He asked her, making her shake her head at his ridiculous question.

"Okay, am I hot or cold?" She asked him, watching as an annoyed expression crossed his face. "Come on now, I think I can make use of this."

"I thought Scavenger Hunts had no clues."

"They don't."

He sighed. "You're cold."

She took 3 steps backwards. "Now?"

"Cold."

5 steps forward.

"Cold."

7 steps to the left.

"Cold."

3 steps to the right.

"Cold."

"Is it outside the house?"

Her heart shattered, her entire body flew up in flames and her mind and soul just swished out of her body -

He smiled. 

He smiled a heart warming, earth shattering, volcano erupting smile.

And she stopped breathing. 

He had dimples - on both his cheeks, indenting the smile that garnished his lips.

He had the most beautiful smile she has ever seen.

A smile so beautiful that she didn't blame him that he rarely did, a smile that could make blind people see, a smile that could make the world at ease and a smile that could make Rose's heart beat like a beast within her. 

His smile lighted up the entire room, and filled the darkest dwellings with a beautiful glow that he radiated. 

A smile that left her breathless, speechless, heart pounding, hands shaking, and unstable.

His smile was truly, a blessing. 

Her heart shattered, and demolished itself as all thoughts of this stupid game escaped her mind because all she could think off and all she could possibly process was that Aaron DeGarner was smiling.

And he looked beautiful. 

"No." He told her, that silly smile still playing on his lips. "You give up?" His eyes were twinkling. 

Well her heart did a long time ago.

"Umm-" She shook herself out of her trance as she nodded her head. "Where is it?"

He got up, and then stood right in front of he, towering her small figure as he grabbed the damn cup from the top shelf.

"There you go," He told her, handing her the cup. "I won."

That smile was gone. 

"Hey no fair," She reasoned, huffing in annoyance. "I'm not tall enough to reach that."

He shrugged. "Not my fault." 

She got irritated. "But you found the key so easily!"

"It's not my fault that you hid it the most obvious place either." He said, making Rose snicker.

"This isn't over," She told him. "Mark my words."

He shrugged. "Whatever."

She then looked at her wrist watch as a frown settled on her lips. "Well I have to get going now," She walked to the couch and grabbed her bag and jacket. "See you at school Aaron."

"Rose wait," The way he said her name made her want to squeal. "Let me drop you home." He told her, already putting his shoes on as his eyes flickered to the clock. "It's 6 at night and I will be stupid if I let you go out alone." 

She shook her head. "No Aaron it's fine-"

"Non sense," He said as he walked to her. "Lead the way." He told her as he opened the door for her.

Her heart was screaming.

"Okay." She said quietly, giving him a small smile as she exited his apartment and went to hers.

With him every step of the way. 

☆☆☆

"So what's your favourite food?" She asked him as they walked along the chilly streets, the slight moonlight making Aaron look even more beautiful.

She would give anything to see him smile again. 

The subtle sunshine left made his features look more strong - more prominent but his eyes.

The yellow rays reflected the azure from his eyes perfectly, and they looked crystal clear being framed by his brown eyelashes while his skin illuminated.

She never knew someone could look this good when the day was coming to an end. 

He shrugged. "I don't really have a favourite, I'm not picky." He told her, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans before a frown settled on his lips.

"What's wro-"

"You're cold," He told her, sighing a breath before he peeled his jacket off her and draped it on her shoulders. "You could've asked."

"How are you even sure I was cold?" She asked, raising a challenging eyebrow.

He slightly smiled. "You're hands are shivering," He looked at her. "And your bottom lip is trembling."

She nodded her head as her fingers pulled his black jacket closer to her. "Good work." 

He rose an eyebrow before shaking his head - she wanted him to smile. 

"Okay, there's my stop." She told him as she saw the familiar door and place. "Thank you for walking me Aaron," She thanked him as a smile illuminated her features. "It means a lot to me."

He nodded his head. "No problem."

Then silence surrounded both of them, Rose staring at Aaron for a few silent moments as he did her.

She then went on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around him as she said quietly. "Thank you again, and see you tomorrow."

He immediately stiffened underneath her touch. 

"See you," He told her, awkwardly wrapping an arm around her as he cleared his throat. "Tomorrow." He completed, giving her a small nod as she released him. 

Her heart was pounding. 

She gave him one last smile before she skipped to her house.

Literally. 

☆☆☆

"But Mom," Rose groaned, a pout settling on her lips as she sighed. "Why not?"

Her Mom gave her a look. "Rose no."

"But whyyyyy?" She said, letting out a breath. "It's not drugs."

Helen quirked an eyebrow. "I won't see you in 3 days."

Rose sighed. "Your point?"

"No," Helen said flatly as she resumed to folding the now dried clothes. "I won't allow it."

"You know Mom," Rose said. "Most kids my age get pregnant, drink and smoke." She explained, her hand gestures showing just how confident she really was. "And you won't allow me to buy a book?"

Helen rolled her eyes. "You told me that around 45 times now," She gave Rose a pointed look. "And you know how you get when you finish a book." She sighed as she folded a towel. "I don't want to go through that again."

Rose's lips settled in a thin line. "Fine." She said. "I won't talk to you about books anymore," She mumbled, pursing her lips as she exhaled. "I promise."

Helen exhaled. "Rose you know I love you. And you cannot imagine how happy I am that you are not getting pregnant, or drinking or smoking." She turned her attention to her pouting daughter as she folded one of Peter's sweaters (Which made Helen cringe at the colour scheme). "But won't you rather spend your allowance on something else? Like maybe clothes? Or a group hangout?"

"No," Rose answered almost immediately. "I would rather dissect my own intestines."

Helen cringed. "Alright then," She shook her head to try to remove the dreadful image. "Have it your way."

"So it's still a no?" Rose inquired, crossing her arms in annoyance as she stared at her Mom in disbelief.

This cannot be happening. 

Helen's eyes started sparkling in victory. "Yup."

Rose groaned before she yelled. "Dad!"

Clutters and bangs from the kitchen were heard before Peter came rushing in, breathing heavily as his hair stuck to his forehead. "What, why, where, who died, what happened, is everyone okay?" 

Rose pursed her lips. "Mom won't let me buy books again."

Peter exhaled a breath of relief. "Goodness me," He rubbed the sweat off his temples. "I thought something happened."

Helen spared her husband a glance before she said. "It's still a no Rose."

"Helen," Peter said, his tone understanding and hopeful as he took one look at Rose's pleading eyes (Something she knew was her Father's weakness.). "You know, kids her age get pregnant and drink, and-"

"Smoke," Helen gave her husband an annoyed look. "I know the drill."

"And how do you have the power to say no to this little thing?" Peter said as he wrapped an arm around his daughter, kissing the top of her head as he continued. "I mean look at her."

"Did you forget what she did last week?" Helen pointed out, rolling her hazel eyes at her husband as she mumbled. "Stupid piercing."

"It was fake Helen," Peter clarified, patting Rose's shoulder as he looked at her. "Wasn't it honey?"

"Of course it was Daddy," Rose said, knowing how much Helen hated it when she talked like this. "I am a very good child."

"See?" Peter said, looking at his wife as he continued. "It was a sticker Helen."

"I know Peter, I know," Helen muttered darkly, glaring at both Peter and Rose. "Give me one good reason why I should let her go when she almost gave you a heart attack and me a stroke?"

Peter leaned from one foot to another - looking like a 7 year old child who was trying to convince his Mommy to buy him another pack of M&M's- before he said. "Because she is the apple of our eyes?"

Helen rolled her eyes. "I will never understand both of you."

Peter grinned. "That's the beauty of it all."

"She's still not getting books Peter." Helen deadpanned, a groan escaping her lips as she carried the piles of folded clothes and walked to the bedroom and shouted. "Nothing will change my mind." Her voice echoed to Peter and Rose, as they both sighed. 

Like father like daughter.

And both of them did everything simultaneously as they leaned against the washing machine:

Ran a hand through their hair,

Rubbed their noses with the pad of their thumbs, 

Scratched the right side of their jaws,

And then look at each other.

Her father's blue eyes were sparkling as she could feel him stick a crumpled piece of rubbery paper against her hand. "Just don't tell her."

She looked down at the fifty dollar note before she grinned. "As usual."

Her father gave her a playful smile. "As usual."

And then they both let out a laugh before they stayed in the laundry room for a few more minutes (So that they could come out to face Helen with neutral faces.) and then Rose proceeded to do homework, while Peter tried a new pancake recipe.

It was just another day in the McLean household.

☆☆☆

Sneaking out of the house was never Rose's thing to do - alone. 

But when it was concerning books and their beautiful covers, she would never call Chase.

She would always remember how she called him once when she sneaked out of the house to go to her local bookstore, and how he accidentally dropped the book right in the middle of a muddy puddle, and the other time when he accidentally bent the spine of the paper back book and tore the first 2 pages.

She shuddered at the memory. 

She slipped the hoodie of her sweat shirt right on top of her head and quietly walked around the house, smiling as she heard her Dad distract her Mom.

And when her small figure caught the corner of his eye, he took his wife's hand and sat on the sofa (Which was facing away from the door), and ran a hand through his hair.

First signal.

"Helen you know what I miss?" Peter asked, rubbing the tip of his nose with his finger.

Second signal.

"What is it?" Helen asked flatly, exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep.

"Rock music." Peter grinned, scratching the back of his ear before he blared out the familiar rock beat through the speaker.

Third signal.

And then she ran out of the house.

With no strings attached.

☆☆☆

It was never a surprise when she would come back home at around midnight, and by the looks on how beautiful the book store seems today, she was willing to go back home at 1 am.

There were new arrivals, 50% discounts (The words that made her heart jump) and even brand new collector's editions.

It was basically a heaven on her to little Rose, and there was no way she was leaving this store empty handed.

She fingered the 50 dollar note in her pocket as a grin made its way to her lips - now what to buy?

Her brown eyes scanned the store, nodding her head at the books she already owns, and returning her attention to the shelves which had books with beautiful covers, and even books which she has been keeping an eye for.

"Oh hey Rose," Eric -the store employee- greeted her with a smile. "Didn't expect to see you here this late." 

"Me neither," Rose told him, slightly baffled by all the beautiful books around her. "How are you doing Eric?"

"Same old same old," He replied, giving her a smile. "Anything I can help you with?"

Rose quirked an eyebrow. "After all this time, you still ask?"

Eric shrugged, his grey eyes twinkling with sincerity as he reasoned. "You can never be too sure."

Rose let out a small laugh as she patted Eric's shoulder. "I'm fine big guy, I'll find my way."

Eric nodded his head. "If you need anything, you know where to find me."

"In the graphic novel section, got it." Rose grinned, watching Eric roll his eyes.

"You know I can't stand words," He shuddered. "Pictures are more awesome."

"Yeah whatever you say," Rose replied, a grin tugging on her lips as she nodded her head. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some books to buy."

And she did.

She went through almost every single book in the store: reading theirs blurbs, or judging their covers and scents of their pages (Don't judge) and eventually, she came back out with about 7 to 8 books and she couldn't be happier.

As Rose had these 7 books stacked up in her tiny arms, Eric rose an eyebrow at her as he passed by.

"Well aren't you lucky this time?" Eric said as he took some (Well most) of the books off her arms as he grinned. "Didn't think you were going out with this many."

"Well how many did you think I was leaving with?" Rose asked, her annoyed brown gaze meeting his playful grey one as she huffed.

"I would say 2," Eric replied, nodding his head at his answer. "And if you were really really lucky, 3."

She sent him a playful glare. "You're lucky we're friends."

"And you're lucky that we're having a 50% discount if you buy more than 3 books." Eric grinned, then chuckled as he watched Rose's eyes become wide.

"No way," Rose said quietly, feeling her chest hammer with joy. "No you're lying, I don't believe you." 

Eric shrugged, running a hand through his dark hair. "Check for yourself."

She eyed him suspiciously. "You pinky swear you're not lying?" She asked him, holding up her pinky as she lifted an eyebrow.

Eric chuckled before he shuffled with the books in his arm, and entwined his pinky with hers. "Pinky promise."

And she squealed. 

And it wasn't the first time she did, and it wasn't the first time that Eric laughed.

☆☆☆

It was raining today.

At this time of the year, Canada would usually be chilly but somehow sunny.

But it was raining today. 

And Rose, considering how tiny she really was, always had cold hands and fingers. 

It wasn't that she was cold or freezing, it was just some sort of weird hereditary thing from her Dad, (Who was never cold either) and Helen made it her job to worry for the both of them.

But her fingers were warm today, this fuzzy feeling running through her hands as she smiled through the chilly air - probably because of the brand new hard cover book resting in her backpack.

"What's gotten you in the mood today?" Chase said as he rolled his tinted window down with an eyebrow raised. "You are practically radiating."

"Hey Chase," Rose said, giving him a sweet smile as she entered the car and buckled up her seat belt. "How are you today?"

Chase gave her a weird look. "Considering how you didn't complain on how I am fifteen minutes late, and it is raining, then I am not okay," He poked her smiling cheek. "Who are you and what have you done to Rose?"

"You're being silly right now Chase," Rose noted, giving him a sweet smile as she made herself comfortable in the seat. (Which consisted of wiggling herself in the seat, crossing her legs, uncrossing them again, and then another round of wiggling.)

"Let me guess," Chase glanced at her with a grin on her face. "You're parents allowed you to drink coffee again."

Rose let out a laugh. "That would be beautiful if they did."

Chase quirked an eyebrow. "You got an A* in Physics?"

Rose sighed. "If only."

"Listen pal, an A isn't a terrible mark," Chase sighed annoyed. "God it's better than all my marks combined."

Rose shrugged. "I could do better."

Chase gave her a pointed look before he exhaled, there was no more point in arguing with Rose over her grades, and so he said. "You finally got a boyfriend?"

"Nope," She said. "I'm still a single pringle."

"Hmm," Chase scratched the back of his neck. "You are finally going to Paris?"

"Oh how much I wish that were true," Rose sighed, sticking her tongue out at his smirking face. "You're so mean."

"Okay I got it," Chase grinned as he took a U turn before he parked the car. "You got new books."

And the car stopped.

Rose gave him a small clap. "Ding ding, we got a winner."

Chase shook his head as he chuckled. "I will never understand why you get so excited over bundles of paper and words." He then took the key and opened his door, watching as Rose did the same.

"They are not bundles of paper and words," Rose argued, closing her door as she draped the bag over her shoulder. "They are beautiful master pieces of art."

"Which make you emotionally and spiritually unstable," Chase snickered as he sighed. "I can already tell where this is going." 

Rose rolled her eyes. "Stop being a jerk, and just be happy for me."

Chase chuckled. "Come on Miss McLean, we are going to be late for class."

Rose grinned. "I have first period free."

"And you want me to be happy for you," Chase scowled, shaking his head before he smiled. "See ya at lunch."

"Sure thing." Rose smiled back as she watched him run to class, making her own way to her locker.

Rose was peculiar, and peculiar in its extremes.

She did things no other homo sapien would ever think of doing - like reading while you walk.

She took the book from her bag, and started reading from where she left off the night before - her legs simultaneously moving as her eyes continued reading. 

She avoided every single obstacle that could've kicked her down: that watery mop on the corner of the floor, the random eraser on the side of the hallway, and even the can of Pepsi beside her locker.

It was a legit reenactment of Belle from Beauty and the Beast except Rose wasn't exactly as hardcore or professional as Belle was. (It took years of painful sides, and twisted ankles.)

"Well what do we have here?"

Rose looked up from her book only to be greeted by his malicious green gaze, and who in fact, was also blocking her locker. 

"What do you want Emette?" Rose sighed, her brown eyes already starting to blaze with fire as he smirked.

"What do you want Rose?" Emette began, a grin plastered on his lips as his green eyes twinkled. "Looking for someone?"

"No," Rose answered flatly. "I just want to get to my locker." She requested, smiling through gritted teeth as she took a deep breath.

In and out. 

"I forgot you don't have any friends," Emette chuckled, shaking his head at his stupidity. "Silly me."

Control

"Can you please move?" Rose asked, a tinge of anger and annoyance seeping through her tone, which only made Emette's grin widen.

"What if I don't?" Emette said, clicking his tongue. "I mean in all the years I've been doing this, did I ever listen?"

Emette Carson was a blonde haired, green eyed asshole who took it upon himself to torment Rose's little chance of getting any friends in Bitterne Park High.

After years of trying to irritate her, he now finally knew what right buttons he needed to pick - and he is loving it.

"We're going to have to make an exception this time then."

She would recognise that voice anywhere.

His blue eyes were dark - sharp as they observed Emette, the iciness in them was making Rose's blood run cold.

It must've been ever harder for poor Emette.

"And who may you be?" Emette asked, crossing his arms as he stood up straighter, towering Rose's small figure. 

"It doesn't matter who I am," Aaron said coolly, his penetrating gaze concentrating on Emette. "Just move."

Emette let out a humorless chuckle before he turned his attention to Rose. "What nerd? You finally earned yourself a boyfriend?" He then looked at Aaron straight in the eye. "Or you just decided to have a fake one?"

Aaron looked unfazed, his stare becoming more and more colder by the second. "Move now."

Emette grinned. "Not even a fake one huh?" He then chuckled. "You really are going to-"

"Emette, stop being such a prick," Rose said, her insides still ticklish when Aaron looked at her. "And please move."

"Now why should I-"

His back got pushed against the locker as Aaron took his collar and pinned him against it. "Listen here, and listen close," He said lowly, his gaze focused solely on Emette. "I don't know what kind of sick game you are playing, nor do I give a fuck," His blue eyes turned even darker, more aggressive. "But when you annoy a lady, you are an asshole that needs to be taught a lesson." Aaron's jaw was set. "And I won't hesitate to teach you." 

Emette - who seemed as though Satan himself paid him a visit- bravely quirked an eyebrow. "And you are?"

Aaron exhaled. "That is none of your business." 

Aaron then released his collar, his features still expressionless except his eyes.

The intensity of blue, and how dark they looked, made Rose's heart accelerate in her chest, but yet, this warmth flooded her entire being.

And she smiled.

Emette cleared his throat before he readjusted his collar. He then looked at Rose. "Until next time nerd," He then glanced at Aaron. "You don't know what you're getting into with her," He shuddered. "She's sick."

Aaron rose an eyebrow. "I'll take my chances."

She was dying. 

"Suit yourself Mr. Boyfriend," Emette mocked before he chuckled, stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked off. 

Rose let out a breath, a smile illuminating her features as she looked up to see those calm azure eyes again. "Thank you," She told him, giving him a small nod. "That was very nice of you."

Aaron shrugged. "I did what had to be done." 

He then gave her a small nod before he told her. "See you in English."

And he left. 

Making her little heart fly to the Moon and never come back. 

☆☆☆

She never knew someone could be so cool, that someone could make her find Physics as amusing and interesting as she is now.

"That was the most inspirational thing I have ever heard," She told Tristan, who chuckled. "I am being really serious right now Tris, no joke."

Tristan shook his head as that smile was still on his lips. "You found the formula of energy amusing Rose," He then let out another laugh. "Which quite frankly is humanly impossible."

Rose pursed her lips. "I really did find that inspirational," She restated, crossing her eyebrows when Tristan laughed again. "I don't get what's so funny." 

Tristan gave her a look -one that was playful yet unbearable at the same time- before he said. "Physics is a general joke to begin with." And when he saw Rose's expression of disbelief, he explained. "Yes, Physics is just a matter of understanding the world around you. All you need to do is be it," He smiled, laughing at his own advice a moment later. "And the fact that Physics makes you laugh makes me laugh." He inhaled. "That's it."

Rose smiled. "You're adorable Tristan."

All playfulness radiated out of his features before his already pink cheeks turned slightly red. "Uh t-thanks." He mumbled, giving her a small smile as he laughed again.

"You're weird too," Rose noted, giving him a huge smiled. "And I like that."

Tristan gave her a throaty chuckle. "You're weird too," He smiled. "That's pretty rad."

"Hey wanna join Chase and I for lunch?" Rose asked, smiling as she saw a crease form right in the middle of Tristan's forehead.

"Who is Chase?" Tristan asked, genuinely confused on the foreign name mentioned.

"How about you come over and find out yourself?" Rose said, raising an eyebrow in question.

Tristan grinned. "Count me in." 

"Alright then," Rose said as she packed up her Physics books. "I'll see you at lunch," She smiled as she got up, yawning as she stretched a bit (Which included abnormal hand movements, more of groaning if anything.) before she added. "And you can bring along the rest of the guys too."

Tristan smiled. "I'll be sure to pass on the message."

She slung her bag over her shoulder. "Your accent's so cool," She noted. "In the least creepiest way possible."

Tristan nodded his head. "I get that a lot."

"Alright then Mr. Conceited, I'll see you at lunch," She told him before she exited the class, without hearing his throaty chuckle first.

She smiled, he was such a fun fellow. 

English was always a subject Rose got super excited for. There was just something about writing essays and articles that intrigued her, and nothing could stop her excitement when Mrs. Lory passed on notes of synonyms and adjectives.

She could feel her adrenalin going, and she just couldn't wait to see what was in store today. 

Surprisingly, Aaron was already there when she entered - which was kind of weird considering how Rose always managed to be the first one in here.

"Hey there Aaron," She smiled at him as she put her things on the desk. "How'd you get here so early?" She asked, plopping down on the chair beside him.

Her heart was already racing. 

He gave her a look. "My last class was nearby," He explained, shrugging as he exhaled.

"Alright," Rose said, tearing her intense gaze away from him, (Which was harder than it may seem.) before she spoke. "So how are you liking Bitterne Park so far?"

He gave her a glance. "It sucks in here."

Now that got her attention.

"Really?" Rose asked, crossing her hands as she curiously waited to hear his answer. "How so?"

Aaron looked at her before he shook his head. "It's nothing Rose, forget it."

"Aaron," She repeated, and he rolled his eyes at the determination in her voice. "Why don't you like it here?"

"Well why do you like it here?" Aaron pointed out, leaning further into his chair as he exhaled.

"I never said I liked it here." Rose mumbled, twindling with her thumbs as she sighed - why was life so complicated. "But really though, why don't you like it here?"

"What do you want from me Rose?" Aaron snapped, blazing blue eyes meeting her warm brown ones. "What is it that you want from me?" His eyes softened. 

"I want to understand you," She reasoned quietly, a smile itching itself on her lips as her eyes twinkled. "I want to be your friend."

Aaron let out a humorless chuckle as he shook his head. "There is nothing to understand about me Rose, absolutely nothing." His eyes hardened. "And even if there was," She noticed the sudden flick of emotion in his eyes. "You would never understand." The cold stare was back. 

She gave him a smile. "I'll take my chances."

He scoffed as a frustrated sigh escaped his lips.

He the gave her a look, got up and left.

And didn't even come back for English class.

☆☆☆

Maybe she over reacted a little bit, it wasn't as if she was used to anyone walking out on her like that.

That's why, why not just ask each and every single one of his friends where he might be?

So she might have over reacted just a tad bit, but judging from the I don't know's and the He'll come around's from his friends, there was nothing that could calm her racing heart. 

She was worried about him, and he was being a rather big jerk about it. 

She sighed frustratedly, sniffing the air as she tried to identify the nicotine that always lingered in it. 

But there was nothing.

She huffed a breath before turning on her heel and searching for that idiot all over again.

She already told Chase that she had somewhere to be, and that she was going to have to apologise to Tristan and the rest later, because all she could think of right now was Aaron.

Stupid, selfish little Aaron. 

"What's wrong nerd? Looking for your boyfriend?" Emette popped out of nowhere, his voice soaked in sarcasm and mock concern.

"Bug off Emette, not now." Rose said, turning away from him as she continued to look for a certain azure eyed boy.

"Yeah sorry," Emette said, walking right next to her as he grinned. "I keep forgetting that you don't have a boyfriend. My bad." 

She balled her fists to her side as she inhaled ad exhaled.

"Isn't there somewhere you would rather be than annoy me?" Rose said, feeling Emette's smug gaze on her.

She wanted to kill him. 

"You mean with my friends?" Emette asked, shuffing his hands in his pocket as he shrugged. "Something you are deeply deprived of?" 

She clenched her jaw. "I have friends."

"Really who?" Emette asked, an arrogant chuckle escaping his lips. "Lover boy? That idiot who didn't know what he was getting himself into?" He shook his head. "You have no friends Rose, I made sure of it." He snorted, shaking his head.

"You don't know me Emette." Rose said, fire blazing in her brown orbs as she gritted her teeth.

Emette quirked an eyebrow. "I know enough that you are a nobody Rose," His tall figure towered over her small one, and she unballed her fists. "That a naive girl like you, will never be accepted in here."

"You don't know that." She snapped, glaring at him with the most hatred she could ever master.

He chuckled. "I do. Wanna know why?" He grinned. "Because I have a name here. People know me, not you; they fear me, not you; and they most definitely follow me," He was enjoying this. "and not you."

"Piss off." She snarled, balling her fists tightly as she set her jaw.

"You're only mad because I am only saying the truth Rose," She wanted to slap him. "And besides, if Lover boy did actually care about you, where is he now huh?"

And that was when the reality of the truth hit her right in the middle of her forehead. 

She unclenched her fingers, and her jaw was slightly hanging from her lower lip as she tried so hard, and so desperately to answer him, "Uhm, he is not my love-er boy, he is uh-"

"Right here." 

No

"You know, you're getting really annoying." Aaron said as an annoyed breath escaped his lips. "Are you ever going to stop this nonsense?"

Emette glanced at Aaron. "Oh it's you again." A grin broke out on his face. "It's a pleasure seeing you again."

"I really wish I could say the same," Aaron said, shaking his head as a sarcastic laugh escaped his lips. "But you're a really big asshole."

Emette frowned. "As if you're any better."

Aaron rose an eyebrow up. "I may be an asshole, but I am not a girl tormenting, overly conceited, incredibly annoying one." He then shrugged, "If I was, I wouldn't have to stop you every time you did shit like this."

Emette then grinned, "You know, I thought we could be friends."

Aaron laughed out loud, "And I thought I could be a vampire, but it turns out, blood is for wussies." His eyes were sparkling with mischief

She found something more incredible than his smile - he had the greatest laugh in the universe. 

It was a perfectly corded sound, its series of vibrations sending thrills all through out her body. His laugh sounded so clear, and so perfect and hearty that she could even attempt to suppress the smile that tickled her lips. 

Her heart was thumping. 

"You think you're funny don't you?" Emette asked, crossing his arms as a sarcastic smile crossed his lips. "Come on man, she-" He looked at Rose. "-is not even worth it." He shook his head as that grin reappeared. "Trust me on that one."

"Conceited and disrespectful," Aaron noted, nodding his head as he took a step forward. "You really are an asshole."

Emette's jaw was set. "You don't know what you're getting into with her."

Aaron's stare hardened. "What would you know? You're not her boyfriend."

She exploded: every single alive cell in her burned with excitement, and jumped with delight. 

Emette turned his attention towards Rose, and with a bored tone he asked. "So you did hire yourself a boyfriend."

"I-I have no-" 

"It's been 3 months since we got together," She could feel his fingers lace with hers. "Hasn't it love?" Now she died. 

Emette stare seemed to harden. "Is that so?"

Aaron nodded his head, his subtle blue gaze making her insides melt. "Very much so."

"I don't believe you," Emette chuckled genteely. "The thought itself seems impossible."

Aaron shrugged, his warm fingers sending millions of rockets against her cold ones. "We're not trying to impress you, and I frankly don't care whether you believe me or not." He pulled her closer to his chest. "Just stay out of her way."

All the butterflies in this entire universe drifted to her stomach - the edges of their wings tickling her insides with this sudden rush of excitement ad utter gratitude that all she wanted to do was squeal. 

"Kiss her," Emette demanded, his grey eyes piercing right into Aaron's blue ones. "I dare you."

The edges of Aaron's lips lifted up. "You never associate a lady with a dare," His eyes were sparkling, "She is a queen on Earth, and she doesn't deserve to be played in a silly game." 

He took Rose's hand before saying. "If I were you, I'd stay away from Rose." His icy glare was back. "You're lucky you didn't piss me off much," His voice was piercing right into Rose's soul. "But next time, there will be much less discussion."

He then walked away, taking Rose with him - exhaling a breath before he looked at her.

His eyes were the bluest she has ever seen. 

"Who's that kid?" Aaron asked casually. "He's really annoying." His fingers were still in hers. 

"Umm," Pink tickled her cheeks. "That was Emette. Emette Carson. Fourth grade bully, and sixth grade prick."

He was slightly smiling. "Makes sense."

"What does?" Rose asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she watched Aaron shake his head.

"Nothing your little brain needs to be concerned about." Aaron said, she never knew his hands could be this warm.

"Hey, I have an IQ of 119." Rose said, pursing her lips as her fingers curled against his own. 

She wanted to scream. 

His blue eyes sparkled with playfulness. "People who brag about their IQ are losers."

She let out a gasp. "You did not."

She wanted him to smile. "It's a fact," He shrugged. "Can't help it."

Rose let out a laugh. "You always kill the mood." Her features then became soft - utterly grateful as she have him a soft smile. "Thank you Aaron, for what you did back there."

He looked at her from the corner of his eye before he nodded his head. "You're welcome."

She didn't want him to let go of her hand.

☆☆☆

There were times where Rose was attentive in class.

This was not one of those times.

"Rose, can you please answer question 5?" 

She snapped out of her gaze as she met Mr. Len's light blue gaze, and she blinked. 

And blinked again.

"Uhm question 5?" Her heart was racing. "Sure."

She started flippig through her Literature text book, praying that she will find a random question labelled '5' but not before Mr. Len sighed and said. "Do you even know where we are Miss McLean?"

"Umm, I was just-"

"I thought so," Mr Len rubbed his temples as he exhaled. "Page 273, Section B, question 5."

Rose scurried through her book, flipping pages until she reached page 273, her eyes scanning the page for Section B and her eyes landed on question 5.

Q5) It has been seen by the majority of the public that classic heart throbs such as Romeo and Juliet and Tale of Two Cities are looked down upon - being claimed to be unrealistic and far fetched. Express your opinions and views regarding this topic, using facts and figures along with descriptive language. 

Rose blinked, and then she blinked again.

Her mind was way too denatured to even try to design an answer that would impress anyone, but she still wanted to get this off her chest because it was true.

Beautiful master pieces destroyed by meaningless comments.

"We are here on Earth to explore, and to learn." Rose said quietly, feeling the stare of everyone from the class on her. "And the more you learn, the more you come to realise that not everything can actually happen." She then smiled softly. "And when you learn that, you have truly lived."

"Because anyone can say Romeo and Juliet was a stupid story about 14 year olds, and that dying for each other seems silly," She clenched her fists as she inhaled, it's okay. "But if you are capable to see beneath the fiction, and learn to appreciate the moral and the idea behind the beautiful story, then you need nothing more." Mr. Len's eyebrow was raised. "Because Shakespeare didn't kill both protagonists just to make us think their acts of utter bravery was pointless and irrelevant," She closed her eyes and took a breath. "He killed them to make us realise that love was a powerful emotion - so powerful that it drove us foolish humans to act upon it," She then exhaled. "Even if it means ending ourselves."

Clap

Clap

Standing ovation.

Claps echoed through the room as some people even cheered, Mr. Len's light blue eyes sparkling with delight as he nodded his head. "Beautiful answer Rose, well done."

And she smiled - who knew thinking of a certain azure eyed boy could make her this philiosphical?

She was going to become his friend, even if it was the last thing she would do.

She would make sure of it. 

But then a thought hammered through her brain, and she refrained herself from gasping. 

Aaron's jacket, was still in her room. 

Author's Note:

Hey loves! How are you all doing? :) Hope you all are doing well! :D

So yeah, I updated! And I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it! Yeah, so I had a ton of fun writing this, considering it talked about books and what not. ;) 

Vote - I fell in love with the way you voted, slowly and then all at once.

Comment - That's the thing about euphoria, it demands to be felt.

Share - Everything is unstable to Nadia. 

And this chapter was quite fun to write, and so please don't hesitate to comment down below! :D

And this chapter is dedicated to Wattpad Romance because they have such awesome competitions going on, and I figured it would be nice to let more people know about it! :D So if you have a computer, a wattpad account and a wild imagination, do yourself a favor and join! :D

So this may come off as terrible to some of you, but I am afraid I won't be updating anytime soon. I mean yeah sure my Spring Break is coming soon, but I am going to be terribly busy studying for my Mocks and IG'S, so I am so sorry. 

But when I do get free time, I will be sure to write as fast as my little fingers can type - that much I can promise you.

And again, thank you all for the 10.4+ K reads, you all have no idea how striking that number is to me, and to think this story is just beginning. xD Seriously though, I didn't think this many people would've read this story, and all your continual support means the entire world to me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3 :')

So yeah, that's all for now love, until next update. :)

I love you beautiful, remember that. :D

-Nadia <3 :D xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 347 49
Something remains scaring us. Something remains troubling us. Some pains feel so fresh, when they has to get dry.. but there's just one thing which...
719 0 33
I didn't want to be without her... Her beautiful face, infectious smile, her long, lean body, and the way she made me feel. But as time passed, and i...
319 1 27
What is Love? I'm not sure myself, but I imagine it to be calm, soft, and intense. A four-letter word with profound meaning. It's how you stay alive...
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...