Turning the Page (Ashton Irwi...

Bởi Gingersnap1019

Rachel Kelly has always put others first. After a drastic life experience she is afraid to let a certain amou... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

10 1 0
Bởi Gingersnap1019

                I tuck my laptop under my arm once more to keep it from slipping as I make my way to the lounge in the center of the hotel. Quickening the pace I walked faster so I wouldn’t miss the little time I had to Skype David. Because of the three hour time difference, we had some trouble finding a right time to chat face to face given the fact that he had his studies to keep track of. The first time we skyped it was a total disaster. I practically had to wait three hours until he could log in, because I totally forgot about his massive weight of homework and time difference between us. Plus I was skyping in my hotel room, so Cynthia, being the female dog she was, interrupted our skype session by getting in the middle of it to try to “talk” to David while practically forcing him to look at her ginormous boobs that were popping out for her lame excuse of a shirt. This time taking all precautions, looked around the lobby to make sure there were no possible interruptions before I logged in to see my boyfriend smiling on the screen.

               “Hey David,” I said as I waved into the screen. People were most likely looking at me like I was some weirdo waving at a blank screen, but I didn’t care. I finally got to see David’s face that I have been longing for. Though it has only been a week it still felt way to long, for he was my rock and I don’t know what I would do without him.

               “Hi Rach,” he said with a smile that lit up my whole world, “How’s it going over there?”

               “Great,” I replied with the slightest sarcasm. I mentally crossed my fingers hoping he didn’t detect that, but like always…

               “Come on love,” he said as the screen buffered allowing me to only hear him as the screen stopped his face in midsentence. Which was pretty great, because he looked like a total idiot that looked like who was about to sneeze. He is too adorable. “I have known you since we were ten years old. What is going on?”

               I sighed since he caught me red handed which caused me to explain everything that has happened: my new roommate (which he saw that one time. Though I couldn’t explain that incident, for she shut off the computer before we could even say goodbye to each other) and the battles that is to come.

               “Did you at least make any friends?” he asked as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

               “As a matter a fact I made two,” I replied with a smug look on my face.

               “Congratulations,” David said sarcastically as he clapped his hands on the screen, “You now deserve a gold star.”

               “Shut up,” I said with a giggle.

               “I miss that,” he whispered so softly that I could barely here it.

               “Miss what?” I asked confusingly.

               “That laugh,” he said dreamily, “It has been forever since I heard that beautiful sound.”

               “Yeah. It has been a long time,” I sighed truthfully.

               “So tell me about these new friends of yours,” he said changing the subject to a lighter note.

               “Well,” I dragged on, “One of the contestant’s name is Elizabeth and she is a country singer. She is very sweet and is really nice. Also remember the bellhop dude that helped us with our luggage…” I waited for a reply from David who only showed a sour face as he nodded slowly in response before I continued, “Well he has shown me around the hotel, so we have become close this past week.”

               “I don’t like him,” he proclaimed as he shook his head quickly as if finalizing his decision.

               “Really David,” I said as I rolled my eyes. I knew this would happen. He is everything I could ask for in a boyfriend, but everyone has their flaws. Frankly his is jealousy. At first I thought it was cute, but as time went on I have to keep him in check once in a while. I just think of the irony in it all. He gets all the girls attention (and I don’t blame them) but still HE is the one that gets jealous if a guy for some weird reason compliments me on my face or something. “Don’t worry. He is only a friend. Plus he is like 20 and right now I seem to be hopelessly in love with a certain black hair and blue eyed boy.”

               “What!” shouted David, “Who is this!” I shook my head in disbelief that he didn’t catch on.

               “It’s you weirdo,” I explained with a smile.

               “Oh…” said with a bleak facial expression, “well that’s good. You scared me a second Rach.”

               “Just remember to trust me into making the right decision David okay? I would never try to hurt you purposely or cheat on you for that matter. Plus it is my life and it’s okay to have guy friends.”

               “Okay I will try to loosen the reins for you, but it is hard. You are so beautiful, so there are bound to be guys checking you out. I need to make sure that you are mine and mine only. I love you so much.”

               As I opened my mouth to respond the door in the background of the computer screen burst opened revealing David’s mother Mrs. Matthews.

               “David it is time for dinner,” she said as she saw a glimpse of the computer screen, “Oh hi Rachel!”

               “Hello Mrs. Matthews,” I said as I waved into the camera. Mrs. Matthews gave her son a light shove as she situated herself in front of the camera. David shook his head with a smile at his mother’s love for the spotlight.

               “How’s LA?” she asked, “Is it more beautiful than I anticipated?”

               “Its much bigger than I am used to I will give you that,” I replied honestly, “So many lights and people that I’m surprised they had room for me here.”

               “Oh well they better make room for you, because you are your own star Rachel,” she said as she flipped her black hair that she passed down to her son. Though looking at the two of them up close up I noticed that they both shared the same dimple on their left cheek.

               “Thanks Mrs. Matthews,” I said as I nervously tucked my red hair behind my ear. I am not really used to people giving me compliments I guess.

“How many times do I have to tell you Rachel,” David’s mom laughed, “Call me Laura.” I nodded in response though I will most likely forget and keep calling her Mrs. Matthews. I swear sometimes I am like Dori from finding nemo.

Suddenly I heard a loud noise coming from the computer.

               “What’s going on?!” I asked alarmed.

               “My rolls!” Mrs. Matthews screamed as she rushed out the door.

               David just laughed as his door slammed shut.

               “Well I guess that is my cue to go,” he said as he flipped his black hair out of his eyes.

               “Don’t laugh that could have caused a fire,” I snapped, “Sorry that was mean. I am sorry I said that.”

               “No don’t be Rachel,” he said as he scooted closer to the camera, “It was my fault. I should have known that fire was a touchy subject for you.”

               I bit my lip not knowing what to say next. “I’ll talk to you later okay,” I said as I checked the time that it was time for me to get some food for dinner.

               “Okay,” David sighed in defeat of the wall that I built up, “Remember I love you as big as the sky.”

               “And I love you as bright as the ocean and as deep as the ocean,” I replied back with the smallest smile I could muster. Soon the screen went black and I retreated to my hotel room curious as in what’s in store for me tomorrow for the battle rounds.

             Quietly I walked behind Cynthia as we made our way to where Pharrell was situated at so we can begin practicing our battle song together. I kept my mouth shut as we walked down the hallway, for I was afraid that if I said a word it would set her off. Honestly I am so over it with her putting me down all the time and it has only been a week and a half. Though of course even my presence for some reason sets her off, for she soon opened her big fat mouth.

               “When I got into this competition I thought it would be hard,” she began, “Though now that I have to battle you this is practically already a win for me.” I clenched my fist trying to control the pissed off expression that was trying to form on my face. “What, no snappy comeback,” she taunted.

               “Don’t get to ahead of yourself Cynthia,” I simply said obviously holding all the frustration and anger back.

               “I am not,” she said ‘alarmed,’ “I am just simply stating the obvious. What’s wrong with that?” I rolled my eyes at her cockiness.

               “Can we please just go through one week without ripping each other’s throats out?” I pleaded.

               “I will try, but no promises darling,” she said as she opened the door to the practice room only to let it go to practically hit me in the face. I rubbed my head that no doubt was going to have a bruise in the morning as I opened the door only to stop in mid step in shock at the person who was sitting next to my coach with a huge smile on their face.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that updates will be slow. I will most likely update once a week on the weekends. School is being a pain in the butt and for some odd reason I decided to join Track and Field. Though I don't know why you guys read this story, but stay tuned okay. I got so many ideas jotted down on where this will go and I can't wait to share it with you guys. Vote/comment/share. If you have any constructive criticism regarding my story please tell me. Thanks loves!

-Kayla

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...