Times Have Changed [MDZS]

By XiexieRourou

Also: 今非昔比 Jīn fēi xī bi Shoved back to his nearly dying 17-year-old past self just after the siege in Burial... More

Prologue: Xi
Chapter 1: Jin
Chapter 2: Revisiting the Past
Chapter 3: Removing Thorns
Chapter 4: I to Him
Chapter 5: Hide or Fight
Chapter 6: Bloody Cold Pond Cave
Chapter 7: Clarity Bell
Chapter 8: Baba
Chapter 9: Longing to Comeback to Gusu
Chapter 10: Suspicious Woman
Chapter 11: Intentional Third Encounter
Chapter 12: The Family of Three
Chapter 13: Orchid
Chapter 14: Hanguang-Jun 《OG Timeline》
Chapter 15: Sect Leader Nie《OG Timeline》
Chapter 16: Token of Engagement
Chapter 17: I Am Out of My Mind
Chapter 19: She's My Responsibility
Chapter 20: I Will Watch Over Her
Chapter 21: Please, do watch over me
Chapter 22: Thousand Years' Sorrow
Chapter 23: Privilege Bestowed Upon Zhengye Xiangu
Chapter 24: Lure The Tiger Out Of The Mountains
Chapter 25: The Stronger The Better
Chapter 26: Magical Wine
Chapter 27: Drunk Lan Wangji
Chapter 28: Who said Hanguang-Jun is as cold as an iceberg?
Chapter 29: Eternal Blood Oath
Chapter 30: Who are you, really?
Chapter 31: This woman is Wei Wuxian
Chapter 32: Who was really lying?
Chapter 33: Do Not Disturb The Newlyweds!
Chapter 34: Fourteen Years Of Yearning
Freebie
Chapter 35: Two Monsters
Chapter 36: Little Devil
Chapter 37: The Savior And His Damsel In Distress
Chapter 38: No paper money for me?
Chapter 39: Chang Clan Extermination
Freebie
Chapter 40: The Reunion
Chapter 41: Yīn Hǔ Fú Didi
Chapter 42: The Hungry Family
Freebie
Chapter 43: Wen Rouhan
Finale: Wang Xian
Extra I : Granduncle
Extra II: Old Friend
Extra III Part 1: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 2: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 3: Discussion Conference
Extra IV: Immortal-grade Pills
Small Theatre

Chapter 18: Zhengye Xiangu

3.6K 231 23
By XiexieRourou

 ۞ 
Chapter Eighteen

Qishan Wen Sect was just like a blazing sun, a scalding force that was hard to defy. However, no matter how mighty this blazing sun had become, it will eventually fall when the dusk comes.

Led by Qinghe Nie Sect, Langli Jin Sect, Gusu Lan Sect, Yunmeng Jiang Sect, and the Wen rebels, the war to overthrow Wen Rouhan ignited like a raging fire.

In Hejian, Qinghe Nie Sect won a decisive victory where Chifeng-Zun beheaded Wen Rouhan’s remaining son, Wen Xu. In Jianghuai, Gusu Lan Sect successfully reclaimed and stabilized most of their territories. After that, Lan Wangji, now the esteemed Hanguang-Jun, led a group of cultivators to reinforce Jiang Cheng’s troop in Jingchu. Whilst, Zewu-Jun went to Langya to aid the weakening force of the Jin Sect.

During this war, what shocked everyone the most were the one sided battles won by the Wen rebels. The Wen rebels weren’t few, however, it was known that not all of them could jump into the battlefield and win. Some of them are farmers, some are healers, and there were even many of them that are not cultivators. It was really questionable how this rebels could claim these victories with notable upper hand that defied all reasons.

Countless parties, allies or foe, had tried to probe the current situation in the Wen rebel’s camp. The only answer they had gotten was the hearsays that the Wen rebels had been receiving an aid from an unknown demonic cultivator who could control corpses and ghosts like puppets on their fingers.

Who could this person be, no one knows. Some said he’s a man, some said she’s a woman. Talks describe him as an ugly male beast while others claimed her to be a seductress.

Only a few and the man himself knew that even though calling him a woman was correct, it was not his true identity. Even describing him as a monster was not giving him justice. Although, that’s how people defined him in his past life.

“I heard that he is a hideous man with legs of a beast and burning eyes.”

“Nonsense! She has a beauty that could topple the mountains and overturn seas with eyes like limpid autumn water and lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry!”

“Pfft!”

The clamors inside an unknown tavern in Chongyang suddenly died down. All the eyes shifted to the corner where the suppressed laughter came from.

The one who was enthusiastically talking just now glared at the offender sharply. However, when his eyes landed on the culprit, he couldn’t help but swallow the insulting words that he was about to say. Who would not when faced with a woman whose beauty could “topple the mountains and overturn seas with eyes like limpid autumn water and lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry”!

Aiyo! If Wei Wuxian could hear his thoughts, he might smack him on his head. How could this brainless man say that she has a lips as lustrous as freshly picked cherry when the lower half of her face was veiled.

Nevertheless, Wei Wuxian was indeed insensitive for laughing at his enthusiastic admirer.

“Apologies Young Master. I’m just amazed at how animated your description was,” Wei Wuxian sincerely expressed though he was currently biting his lower lip to suppress his amusement.

“It’s… it’s nothing. I admit that we are quite loud.” The man was only in his youth. When he rubbed the back of his head as he shyly said those words to Wei Wuxian, his previous uncouthness became quite adorable.

Too bad that Wei Wuxian was a man and though he knew that he could be attracted to a man, Lan Wangji was the only person who has the beauty to bend him.

Wei Wuxian shook his head exasperatedly. No matter where he was, Lan Wangji would not fail to invade his thoughts, huh?

“Right, we should be the one apologizing,” said the burly man who earlier described Wei Wuxian as a hideous beast.

Wei Wuxian gave them his sweetest smile even though it was not quite visible behind his silk veil and said that it’s nothing.

After everyone succumb to the power of beauty and apologized to Wei Wuxian, the tavern finally returned to its previous liveliness. Whilst, Wei Wuxian took this opportunity to collect more information about the current situation in his shidi’s turf and in Wulin in general.

Wei Wuxian, “The one you’re talking about earlier, could it be the rumored demonic cultivator who has been helping the Wen rebels to fend off the attacks of Wen Rouhan’s faction?”

When the brainless admirer heard her mentioning his Goddess, he immediately jumped into the conversation, “That’s right ah! Zhengye Xiangu could only be a beautiful woman!”

Wei Wuxian stilled for a moment and mumbled to himself, “…Zhengye…Xiangu?”

But the youth didn’t notice what was wrong and continued, “When she appeared to save the night, it’s like the immortal maiden of the moon descended to shed the light in the bloody battlefield…”

The way the youth narrated it was as though he had personally seen it, attracting other brainless fascinated youths from the surrounding tables.

As a bystander, Wei Wuxian was truly speechless. Zhengye Xiangu. Night aiding sorceress. When did he earn such well-thought title? And how come this people have patience for a demonic cultivator?

But not everyone had the same opinion as the youth. The burly man for example had countered, “I told you, that demonic cultivator could only be a hideous beast.”

Wei Wuxian internally scoffed as he eyed the burly man from head to toe. Who are you to tell? And if there’s a hideous monster in here, it would be the menace on his lap, right?

“Whatever, who could be worse than Wen Rouhan? Even with that gentlemanly look, did he or did he not cause the death of many innocent people?” the youth retorted.

“That’s right ah, a monster or a beauty, as long as they will defeat Wen Rouhan, appearance will not matter,” an onlooker agreed.

“But I still believe that she’s a beauty,” the youth mumbled.

“He’s a beast,” the burly man refuted.

“A beauty!”

“A beast!”

“A beauty”

Wei Wuxian sighed. It was the same as before. They idolized him now for his deeds, but would it be the same after the war? He just hoped that beauty would do wonders.

After watching the two return to their previous bantering, Wei Wuxian decided to guide the conversation to another subject.

“I and my family came here from Langya. I wonder if the situation here is better. I’m afraid to once again escape to another town.”

Although the burly man was against the infamous demonic cultivator, he didn’t know that it was the same woman he was talking with. When this beauty asked them a question, he even beat the enthusiastic youth into answering, “It was indeed worse here compared to Langya. Sect Leader Jiang and his troop had a hard time fending off the attacks from the Wen sect in Jingchu and as a neighboring region, Chongyang had it hard. However, Maiden should not be afraid. Not long ago, Hanguang-Jun came and his addition miraculously turned the tables…”

The moment the burly man mentioned the esteemed Hanguang-Jun, Wei Wuxian’s mind started to drift elsewhere. That elsewhere could only be the Jiang Sect’s base in Chongyang.

He already prepared himself for this, but hearing the other man’s name could still make Wei Wuxian’s heart skip a beat.

Thankfully, he didn’t need to personally show himself to help his Shidi. His puppets would do the work for him. Huh, Jiang Cheng might not even need his help now that Wen Chao and Wen Zhuliu had already died.

Nevertheless, he was still tasked to show his might in here. After all, Wen Qing will have it hard had other’s mistaken the help of this infamous demonic cultivator to be exclusive to the Wen rebels. That idea screams trouble and Wei Wuxian couldn’t let that to remain. So as soon as the situation in the Wen rebels’ camp had stabilized, he immediately flew here in Chongyang to aid the Jiang Sect.

Wei Wuxian looked outside the window and saw the sky gradually being dyed with the hue that somehow reminded him of blood. He bade the two men goodbyes and continue his journey.

 ۞ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 287 20
Part 2 of my series The Galaxies Align for Our Love After surviving the harrowing challenges of Enid's family to save their love, Wednesday and Enid...
54.8K 3K 37
What if wei ying gets what he deserves? What if madam yu was not that bad? What if wei ying has another identity? What if wei ying and lan zhan had a...
37.9K 1.8K 5
The moment Madam Yu saw Wei Ying, she knew he'd grow up to be like his mother. He'd grow up to be a unruly bitch that Madam Yu would loathe the sight...
53.7K 3K 13
Xiao Zhan is very cute and adorable but really crazy teenager who has secret towards his childhood best friend. Wang Yibo is cold and stone heart per...