Black and White (Rin Matsuoka...

By D_Deleon

Noah is an aussie college girl who travels to Tokyo for a year abroad. There she meets some wonderful japanes... More

Intro.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
A/N
19.
20. (+18)
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34. (+18)
35.
36.
37.
38.
39. (+18)
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50. (+18)
52. (+18)
53. (+18)
54.
55. Epilogue
๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Special lemon chapter 1 ๐Ÿ”ž
Special lemon chapter 2 ๐Ÿ”ž

51.

84 2 0
By D_Deleon

Another day without having Haru and Mako together.

This was getting difficult for everyone.

-Morning Haru- I said entering the bathroom to find him soaking in the bathtub, like every morning.

-Noah

-Have you gone running yet?- I asked sitting down on the floor next to it.

He nodded while looking at his knees.

-Good. It's Saturday, do you want to go somewhere?

-No

-I know of a place that might help you feel better.

-Not in the mood.

-Okay... I'll make some breakfast, then.

-Not hungry

This was pretty much every day, especially on the weekends. I tried to spend time with him, but he always refused.

I went to Rin's place for lunch and told him about the dolphin, Sou was listening as well.

-Why don't you take him to the beach?- asked Sou.

-That's a good idea, but he doesn't want to leave that damn bathtub.

-He still goes to university, running, to the gym and to practice... He's just sad, he got his heart broken and he knows he broke Mako's too- said Rin.

-Yeah, he needs to get over Mako or get him back.

-I didn't think they would last apart that long, it's been a month already and nothing has happened- pointed out Sou.

-I'll keep trying to get him out of the flat at least on the weekends.

-I'll help you- said Sou.

Rin and I looked at each other.

-How? You guys don't speak that much.

-But we're on good terms now.

-Ok, then what's your idea?

Sou and I arrived at my place soon after, Rin couldn't take part in this since he's studying for his finals. Haru was inside his room, so I knocked on his door.

-What?- asked Haru from the inside.

-Do you wanna go to the beach?

-What?

-Do you wanna go to the beach?

-Umm, no

-Why? Haru!

I kept banging on his door so he could get annoyed and open it. Once he did, Sou took him and carried him on his shoulder.

-Sousuke?! Put me down!

-Noah, quickly- said Sou trying to control Haru.

I grabbed some of his things and put them in a small bag, I did the same with mine. Few minutes later, we were on our way to the subway with an upset dolphin.

-This is kidnapping- said Haru closing his arms over his chest, once we had passed the turnstiles Sou put him down.

-It's not, we just avoided you the trouble of walking. It's not forbidden- said Sou.

-Haru you need to go out, otherwise you'll go crazy.

-I'm not in the mood to go out and have fun.

-This is not for you to have fun.

-But we're going to the beach.

-Yes, but you'll see.

After an hour and a half, we got to Odaiba Beach. We searched for a spot near the water, but everything was taken so we stayed a bit behind by the trees. Haru was all grumpy during the ride he didn't even talk to us, but once he saw the beach he waited until we settled in a place to rest before taking out his clothes and run to the water in his swim trunks. He really looked like a child. Sou and I stayed by the trees, taking in the wind and the smell of water, we looked like his parents.

-See? He needed this- said Sou smiling while looking at Haru who was floating with his limbs like a starfish.

-I hope he can relax and forget for some hours.

-He will, don't worry, he might even clear his thoughts- said Sou putting on some shades and resting his head over his arms.

-You always say you're not worried about him, but these types of actions, say otherwise- I told the teal-eyed guy.

-He's my teammate, I worry.

-Keep telling that to yourself. Deep down you like him.

-A-Anyways, do you want something to drink? I'll go to the vending machine- Sou said and stood up abruptly without letting me answer.

I chuckled, before returning my view to Haru.

A couple of times we joined Haru in the water, but we knew he rather be alone there, so eventually Sou and I returned to the tree we had left our bags at.

-Noah

-Yes?

-Now that your ankle is almost at 100%, why haven't you returned to swim practice?

-Well, for starters I can't participate in any competition here and I have 2 months left in Japan, so I'm pretty much out of the team now. Rin didn't seem to mind.

-He doesn't?

-Nope, he understood and that's why I only go to watch sometimes.

-But being in the water is what makes you happy.

-I like swimming and I enjoy being in the water, yes, but I'm not sure I'm as happy with it now as I was years ago.

-How so?

-Remember I told you I didn't like competitions?

Sou nodded.

-Part of it was because of the environment and stress of it all. But I still loved water and swimming, that's why I bared with it until one day I couldn't anymore. The thing is that I chose my career as another form to be closer to the water and to remember the good things this sport gave me.

-So, you're not going to be joining this sports world as an athlete...

-But as a physician, yes. You know, no one knew I was studying this because I'm here with an English program, and everyone thought it was something like Business Management.

-Really?

-Yes, I think Nagisa and Rei knew until they talked to Kisumi one day and he said the actual career name.

Sou chuckled.

-Still, you don't seem as cheerful. Are you sure you won't miss being in the water with us?

-Oh, I'm sure I'll miss it, I'm even missing it now already.

-Then, why don't you take advantage of those 2 months and join again?

-I don't think Rin will allow that, I just convince him to get me off the team.

-The team that competes, yes. But not of the actual swimming club.

-You've got a point.

-Of course, I do. We'll tell him when we get back, ok?

-Sure.

When the sunset was upon us, Haru came back to the spot where we were.

-Hey

-Hey- he said.

-You feel better?

He nodded.

We kept looking at the water and feeling the wind that was getting colder by the second.

-I miss him- Haru suddenly said.

-Makoto?

-Yes

-What are you planning to do?

Haru stayed quiet for a minute.

-I've never been in a relationship before.

-Mako was your first one?

-Yes, in every way possible... How can I get him back if he doesn't want to see me?- asked Haru with his voice breaking mid-sentence.

-I've never really been in a situation like this, but you could go to his place and talk to him, but really talk to him. Don't stay quiet like last time, because he probably felt you agreed on breaking up. Tell him what he means to you, apologize for not trusting him enough and make a promise.

-What if he still doesn't want me back?

-Then, you should let him be and get over him.

-That sounds complicated.

-Haru, you need to fight for him. He's hurt, so he won't make it easy for you to get back together, but for what he told me he wants you to rely more on him. You could start with that and assure him your feelings for him.

-I'll do that.

I patted his back.

-I'm sure he still loves you, you both were there for each other for years before dating. You can't forget that so easily.

-I hope so. Noah, thank you for bringing me here.

-Thank Sousuke, he had the idea.

Haru's eyes widened.

-Oh, I will.

-Would you like to go now?- I asked.

-We don't have another choice, it'll get dark soon. Where's Sousuke?

-He said he was going for another coke for him, but he's actually taking a lot of time... Fuck what if he's lost. Wait here, I'll go look for him.

-Don't try calling him.

-Why not?

-He left his phone here- said Haru showing me the device.

I went back to the entrance of the beach, there were supposed to be the vending machines. When I got there, I saw some of them with a small notice saying they were broken or out of products. Weird. I asked a policeman where I can find more vending machines and the instructions weren't exactly easy to follow.

On my way there, I saw some street vendors with small families as clients, so I tried asking them if they had seen a tall muscular guy with a scary yet handsome face. Yes, that's the only way I could describe him. But no one had seen him. I arrived where the other vending machines were, and he was nowhere to be found. I tried asking more people, but they didn't seem very eager to answer me, so I made my way back to the beach.

I saw some small restaurants and tried to look at the customers that were in since they all had window panels. Suddenly, I saw his figure reflected in one of the windows. I looked to the other side of the street and there he was helping an old woman to cross the street.

I walked to him and heard how the woman was telling him which way to go to return to the beach, after patting his shoulder briefly they waved goodbye. He sighed loudly and waited to the traffic light to change so he could cross the street. Instead of walking up to him and returning together I chose to follow him and confirm if he could return by himself with the instruction the woman gave him.

A minute later he was turning left when he was supposed to turn right. Ok, time to go back.

-You really should put more attention to your surroundings- I said walking by his side.

-Noah!- he gave me a bear hug- I got lost.

-I noticed, please remember to take your phone at least- I said handing it to him.

-Right, thanks. Should we leave now? The sun is almost gone.

-Yeah, Haru is already waiting for us.

The way home was difficult, there were so many people in the subway that we could barely go in. After what seemed like eternal hours we were finally getting out of it. We walked to the exit and Haru stopped on his tracks when the air hit our faces.

-You ready?- I asked.

-I think so.

-Remember, don't move until he's willing to talk to you- said Sousuke patting his back.

-Good luck Haru, you've got this.

Suddenly, Haru turned around and he hugged both of us briefly, before sprinting to Mako's apartment.

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.2K 23
like my haikyuu!! one-shots but for prettier and more gay boys + a different anime. ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ requests; closed >_< i write fluff, angst, headcanon...
123K 3.8K 17
While exploring Iwatobi High School, you're suddenly offered a spot on their renewed swim team to train and compete in events. What could be more per...
3.4K 98 14
MakotoxHaru's Twin Sister!Reader After moving back in with Haru at Iwatobi, starting a relationship with Makoto, and helping Rin get his friends back...
278K 8.4K 35
Since she was a young girl, Hana Etsumi has held a fear of the water. Enticed but afraid, Hana grew up keeping herself a safe distance from the water...