The Babysitter

By LuckyBaton6590

Lime was just an ordinary crewmate. Well, maybe not quite 'ordinary', to be honest... He'd always been an ou... More

Meet da Crew
Scarlet
Asteroids
Emergency Meeting
Body Reported
Accusations
Emerald
Rose
Vents
Another One Down
Alibi
Orange
Dinner
My Room, 11:00
Early Start
Ejection
Admin Bad
Quick A/N because blood types can be confusing
Adopted
It Was You
Lunch
We Know Who You Are
Teal
Coal
New Discoveries
Numbers
Blood
Wasn't Our Fault
Tasks
Still Here
Future plans
Final Plan
Flatline
The Last Death?
Bad News
Paranoid
Sleepover
Bullets
What The Adults Say
Can It Get Worse?
It Can Get Worse...
Failed
Home?
She's Awake
Next Mission?
Alive

One Last Imposter

947 25 50
By LuckyBaton6590

Lime's PoV:

I knew that moment that I had to call an emergency meeting. Who cares what time it was any more? 'Normal' has been shattered.

Deciding not to disturb the children, I slip past and into the hallway, walking past the other bedrooms and up the stairs to cafeteria.
Surprisingly, Blue was already there, seemingly rageful, holding tightly onto two children.

"There's another imposter!" We simultaneously yell at each other.

"I got a message back from NASA" I gulp, "they only sent 10 people. Not 12. Two were imposters"

"And I know who it was" Blue mutters coldly

"So it was Orange, we were right all along?" I ask, somewhat hopefully.

"No, of course not!" She grumbles, and I could have sworn I heard her mutter "stupid idiot" under her breath, before hitting the large red emergency meeting button. Only then do I register who Blue is holding. "LIME!" Scarlet yells. Beside her is Coal.

"Uh... Blue, what are you doing?" I nervously murmur, "you're not going to hurt them, are you?"

She doesn't respond, as if I'd never said anything. "Blue??" I ask as the two children try to squirm out of Blue's strong grip.

Black turns up in under a minute, quite distracted, looking around and not really paying full attention to any of us. That was, until his gaze fell on Coal and Scarlet.
"Blue... what the heck..." he quietly mutters, his voice clearly showing his anxiety.

Blue finally explains herself. "Scarlet has got to go. We know her mother killed the rest of us."

"No!" Black protested, "haven't we had enough death lately? I'm done with that, sick of it. It was bad enough our own crewmates, but the children? Innocent children?"

Blue scoffs loudly. "You... you're one to talk! Murderer-"

"Uhh... explain?" I squeak, not liking how pinched my voice sounded. Why can't I remain calm for all of five seconds?

"Our little friend here" Blue snarled, shaking Coal "just so happened to be crawling through the vent systems. Perhaps-"

"Hey!" Black interrupted, exploding in rage, "1- get the HELL away from my son, the same goes for Scarlet, 2- perhaps he was just helping his friend that you frightened into hiding"

"As I was saying..." she continued, completely ignoring Black's outburst, "perhaps Black would like to tell us what tasks he has today"

"I..." he stutters, "wires... yeah, wires... and, uh, stuff in... reactor.... and divert power?"

"Where to?" Blue snaps, unsatisfied with his answer.

"To... comms? And I, um, also need to do the... keys... in the dropship"

"Black..." I murmur fearfully, stepping back from the table. "No... no you didn't.... you can't have... you... you're a crewmate, aren't you?"

I'm dreading the answer. He's dreading answering the question. Whereas Blue is clearly looking forwards to tossing three more bodies over the edge of the balcony.

Black avoids answering. "Lime, do you trust me?"

"Wh-What?" I ask, slightly taken aback by his question.

"Do you trust me?" He repeats. Slowly, I nod. It's true, I trust him, just like how he trusted me before...

However it's scarily possible that he didn't just trust me, he knew I wasn't the imposter, because he knew who they were all along.

"Okay..." he shakily inhales. "I think we should stop this. No more dying."

"Just ANSWER the question!" I almost whisper. Tense silence fills the room.

"I wasn't sent on this mission by NASA" he finally admits, casting his gaze to the ground to avoid eye contact with either of us.

Blue's face is painted with glee as she triumphantly declared "you see? Now let's get him off, he's a murderer"

"No" I snap.

"Excuse me?" She gasps

"No. You can't do it without the votes, and I vote skip." I order as calmly as possible. "He's right. Too much death. Blue, can you honestly tell me that you're not sick of it, because I highly doubt you could."

"But, revenge-"

"But NOTHING! These are INNOCENT children, you're hurting all of them, so no, we're not ejecting anyone else and there's nothing you can do or say that will convince me otherwise!" By this point I was yelling, something that was an extremely rare occurrence for me.

"Okay" Blue murmurs, defeated. "Fine. I won't eject him - I can't."
I honestly believed we were okay now, but that wasn't the end of her statement.

"So I'll just have to kill him outright, just like he did to all of the other crewmates. The ones who never did anything wrong."

Before either of us could react, Blue snatched a meat knife from the countertop, wielding it aggressively at Black.

"Hey, I don't see why we can't talk this out like the civilised human beings we are..." he uneasily pleaded as I worked my way around the table to the two terrified children, hugging them both and keeping them safe.

"I think you just attempted that" Blue laughed, "and that failed." She viciously jabbed the knife towards Black, who dodged the attack with quick reflexes, knocking the weapon out of Blue's grip.

Coal was whimpering in fear whilst hugging Scarlet tightly, neither wanted to watch the fight. Neither of them would ever harm a soul-

"I...will... kill you... you traitor!" Blue snarled.

"Just stop already. Please" Black begged.

Blue snatches the knife from the floor, whilst laughing "Hah, that's rich, coming from you"

"Well at least I don't try murdering nine and ten year olds!" He snaps back

"Ooh, yeah," Blue retorted mockingly "Because you have standards, don't you? You're really quite the saint..."

At this, Blue yet again attempts to stab Black, who this time wrestled the knife off Blue and turned it against her, accidentally stabbing her in the abdomen.

"Everyone STOP FIGHTING AND SHUT UP!" Scarlet screams, and silence fills the room.

"Thank you" I mutter.

A long string of muttered curses flies out of Blue's mouth as she resentfully stops fighting, placing both hands over her wound. "I'm not happy about this".

"You're going to need that looked at" I declare, trying to change the subject.

"You'll have to do it" she orders, pointing at me with one blood-soaked, gloved hand.

But she knows I can't... I'm not qualified, plus even if I was, I'd probably be rubbish at it anyway, like how I was rubbish at just about everything.
"Me? But I don't have any medical training!"

"Well," Black murmurs, "I do"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 21 8
It's a nightmare come true for the team stationed on the rooftop of MIRA HQ; sensors indicate a predatory alien in the base, disguised as one of the...
1.9K 114 15
When Red boarded the magnificent Skeld with eleven other crewmates, she was never expecting to get caught up in an outright murder mystery. Isolated...
348 10 10
"Just send a message back to HQ. See what their response is." "I can't." The entire room seemed to stand on end. "What the hell do you mean, 'I can'...
4.7K 280 21
12 crewmates, 1 imposter among them, but who? Join Lime, Orange, and Black as they tell you how it all went down, from MIRA HQ, to The Skeld, to Polu...