Draco, darling

By smirk_smirk

"What if i lose you?" "Look up. I'll always be in the stars." Draco and Meli had known each other since b... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.

27.

104 6 2
By smirk_smirk

"Ah, there's our places!" Llewelyn exclaimed after ten minutes of going up in the huge stadium.

All the way up, in the stairs and different platforms, the places was overflowed. People were trying to get the best place with the best view on the large pitch. The lodges, however, were delimited and so the Beresford and Meli had all the comfort they could want. Just above them was the Prime Minister of Magic and some high-class families, the Malfoys included.

"You girls can sit on the left if you want to talk without us hearing what you are saying." Elizabeth smiled.

"We absolutely will." Jane said, Meli trailing close behind.

They sat down just as the Irish team flew in the stadium, presented by Ludovic Bagman, the Head of Department of Magical Games and Sports and the commentator of that night's match. "Presenting, Connolly! Ryan! Troy! Mullet! Moran! Quigley! Aaaaaand Lynch!"

One by one, the players made a turn of the fiel before throwing a spell. As they did, a huge Leprechaun formed of millions of small lights formed itself above the bleachers. The apparition did a gig as the public applauded and suddenly, exploded into the air. What had looked like lights revealed themselves to be gold coins. Once again, people in the stadium cheered and screamed, reaching out to catch as much as possible.

Meli was one of them, laying over the metal bar. Jane raises an eyebrow. "What are you doing? You're fucking rich."

"Never know when you'll have to pull a Elae."

"I want to laugh but I think you might not be joking."

"If I do, I'm picking you up."

Jane shrugged. "Well then." And she reached over, grasping for coins too.

The girls were getting over their deception of the money being false when the volume of the sound in the stadium grew noticeably lower, leaving a music to feel the air.

They turned back to the field to see a line of women advance in the grass. They were dancing, their hips swaying one way then the other in a captivating choreography. When Meli looked around, she understood the almost silence around them. Almost every man in the stadium, at least those she could see, and some women too were watching the group of beautiful dancers. Veela, she smiled. Jane, next to her, was watching her brothers. Francis, the oldest, was looking at the field too, ignoring Joseph who was tugging on his sleeve to take his attention back on the game they had on the floor.

Jane turned to Meli, troubled. "He grew up so fast."

Meli slapped her shoulder. "You'll get over it."

The Veela retired from the field and the Minister of Magic announced the beginning of the match with his wand on his neck, making his voice clear for everyone. "Good evening! It gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup. Let the match begin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And when he dived right before touching the ground. That was amazing!"

"But it was too late to save the game and we won!"

"Yep. Go Irland!" Jane yelled.

A group of teens close to them yelled back and started singing Ireland's national hymn, waving at them. They smiled and waved back. The supporters of the team partied all the way out of the stadium and now, music was coming from various directions in a happy chaos.

The Beresford met some friends on the way out and left Jane and Meli alone to go back to the tent.

"I forgot to ask how it was to meet Cedric's father." The blond said, pulling the piece of tissue back behind them.

"Terrifying. After five minutes of questions he decided he liked me a lot and hugged me and then he slapped Cedric on the back and said I was great."

"That does sound bad." Meli shivered.

Jane has a dreamy smile and was playing with her nails. "You know what, it was actually pretty great. I was just so nervous."

"If you say s-" A loud scream cut her sentence. Jane and Meli jumped of surprise. They looked at each other and ran to the front of the tent.

The people on the trail, previously laughing and having a good time, were now running in a big mess. Some were picking up bags while other were leaving without anything. Kids were crying in the middle of it all and parents were yelling names around looking for them. There was a fire at the horizon and smoke flew low, making Meli cough. She notices that everyone was going in the same direction. Away from the stadium. She took a few steps to see what was happening. That was a mistake. In less time then it takes to say, she was being pushed around in the mass. Jane yelled her name but she was already to far. A man bumped on her shoulder and she fell to the ground. Before she had time to get up, some kid stepped on her hand. She hisssed and managed to drag herself on the side, on the grass. She was shaking, panicking. She didn't know what was happening but her guts were telling her to get the fuck out of there. She stood up and was walking to the the trail when an arm slide around her waist.

"What the fuck? Let me go! Go away you creep!" She kicked behind herself and a man's voice grunted in her ear.

"Hey, hey! Calm down it's just me."

Meli recognized the voice and turned around quickly. Hovering over her was Draco and she immediately relaxed. She slide her arms around his neck. "I'm so happy to see you, you have no idea. I lost Jane and a dumb kid hurled me and-"

"I'm relieved to see you too Meli but we have to go right now." That's when the girl realized how troubled Draco looked. His hair was a mess and his grey eyes were scanning the people running past them.

"Draco, what is happening? Do you know something?" She placed a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at her.

He met her eyes pleadingly. "Just come with me, please. We have to get somewhere safe."

Meli maybe had no idea what was going on but she did on they didn't have much time. She nodded and took his hand.

Keeping Meli glued to his side, Draco pushed his way through the crowd. Weirdly enough, when people saw who was pulling them aside, they didn't protest. Now, the Malfoys always had a way to make themselves be respected but this was different. They looked scared. Not of what he might do but of the consequences they would endure if they did something.

I guess it has it's advantages to have Lucius Malfoy as you dad, Meli thought.

They reached the border of the forest, along with thousands of others. Between the trees, more people were wandering, searching for friends or family members. Some were crying, holding their close ones. Meli saw a guy sitting on the ground, rocking back and forth. Her and Draco were about to walk past him when he grabbed her ankle. With a yelp, she looked down and met a pair of crazy eyes.

"Are you good, mate?" she asked, pulling his hand away gently.

The guy shook his head and tried talking. "My boyfriend, he-he stayed behind and now I can't-I can't f-find him."

"Meli, let's keep moving." Draco tugged on her arm. The young man on the ground snapped his head to Draco and his eyes widen.

"You. I-I saw you somewhere. In the p-papers. Your father he-he's..."

But before the wizard finished saying whatever it was he wanted to say, Draco dragged Meli away again, further in the woods. A branch scratched Meli's cheek and she tripped two times but after a while, Draco finally stopped. He sat down on a rock and buried his face in his hand. Meli watched him and took the place     next to him.

"Are you hurt?" she asked.

Draco shook his head. "Are you?"

"Yeah."

He looked up. "Where?"

"Nothing serious. Just a little scratch here." She answered, pointing at her cheek. Before she could protest, he delicately took her head in his hands.

"That looks like it hurts."

"It doesn't. Can't be worse then what I did to you last year."

"Which time?" Draco chuckled, making her roll her eyes. She had a habit of hitting people a lot, so what.

"When I almost slapped you, remember. Just before the whole potion thing."

Draco let go of her face to face in front of him again. "Yeah, I remember. I'm sorry for all I did back then. I don't think I ever said that."

"You hadn't. But now you just did so it's alright," Draco turned and smiled at her, the light of the moon passing through the branches and making it's way on his face. Meli's heart skipped a beat and she looked away.

And it's back. Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: yooooo two of my best friends joined wattpad today and i am at the same time proud and scared for them.

anyway, we reached 3k WICH IS CRAZY WTH THANK YOU GUYS
Hope you enjoyed,

Laeti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 28.7K 48
i wrote this book when i was 12 and did not know how to write AT ALL & i genuinely dont know how people like this book i can't even read it without c...
52.2K 1.8K 19
The Dursley's took Harry in with open arms and raised him as their own. Lucius Malfoy never wanted the Dark life. Two boys eager to prove themselves...
3.5K 138 24
All Draco did was look back, before he suddenly drew a deep breath, closed his eyes as if to draw strength and then said something that would bring b...
5.8K 139 16
The golden trio are hanging out in the library, studying for their finals that were yet to come. It was the year after the war, 8th year to be exact...