The Blind Waterbender

De DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... Mai multe

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Puddle

5K 145 15
De DayDreamerBookReader

Not my song or video, the name of the song is House of Memories, by Panic at The Disco. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. As usual just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter.

-----------------

Lyra's POV

"4,010- 4,011- wait. I think I counted that one. Meh" I counted each of Appa's hairs "oh! That one came off!" I said in surprise as Appa shedded a bit.

"Lyra get back on the saddle! What if we hit a bump?!"Katara chided as I groaned.

"At least you guys get to enjoy the nice scenery. All I get is sporadic black and white dots.. Also we're flying how are we gonna hit a bump?" I grumbled beneath my breath.

"What was that?" Katara questioned though it was obvious she had heard me.

"Nothing!" I said quickly.

"That's what I thought." Katara answered as I crawled back up Appa's tail and onto the saddle.

I laid back dutifully from Katara's request.

I rolled on my side and glanced towards the sky around us.

"How can you be bored, Lyra? There's water everywhere!" Sokka questioned and waved one of his hands into the air not taking one of his hands off Appa's rrigns.

"That's like asking Aang how bored he can be with his airbending" I answered as I fiddled with one of Asura's fallen feathers.

The very same whom was sleeping in a very odd position next to me that made me wince further as she twisted her spine. I knew cats-owls were flexible but dang, if I tried to even attempt that I'd have either a broken spine, or very, very bad back issues that would leave me in a pile of pain (no thanks).

I decided to try and sleep since I seemed to be lacking, Asura's idea seemed quite nice.

Suddenly my attempt to rest was bothered by Aang panting as he continued to pace. Only this time it was much more obvious.

"Bud sit down. You'll get yourself flung off if you keep that up" I grumbled sleepily.

"Yeah, Aang. Would you sit down?! If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off! What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka exhaterated.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives!" Aang returned anxiously.

I perked up at once with the mention of the comet,

"Well let's see, you pretty much mastered airbending in 112 years-"

"Twelve years technically. He was frozen for a hundred." I jumped in.

"Twelve years. I'm sure you can master the other three elements by next summer!" Sokka assured sarcastically.

Katara and I turned to him with raised looks.

"Really, Sokka? You know what I have a secret to tell you.." I said as I carefully slid onto Appa's head where Sokka sat.

Sokka leaned towards me eagerly to hear the secret and I leaned towards his ear,

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO HOW MUCH PRESSURE AANG IS UNDER! AND YOU JOKE ABOUT IT?! THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER! THIS IS YOUR LITTLE BROTHER FOR SPIRITS SAKE! SO I SWEAR IF I EVEN SENSE A TINY TEAR ROLL OFF HIS CHEEK FROM YOUR JOKE, YOU'RE DEAD!" I said as I made a cutthroat motion and crawled back up to the saddle where Asura sat and stared with alarmed eyes as I sat down on the saddle,

"Continue." I said sweetly and patted the area beside me where Aang sat down hesitantly, as Sokka shrunk down, as small as possible.

"I haven't even started water bending, and we're weeks away from the north pole!" Aang continued clearly panicked.

I put my hand on his thigh and tapped it in a soothing motion, much like Katara did when I was panicking.

"Look at me Aang. Katara and I can teach you all we know. Katara can show you the basics and I can show you the branches of water bending, that I know." I soothed him.

"You guys would do that?" Aang asked heart fully.

To which Katara and I nodded.

"Also, branches?" Aang questioned.

"Yeah, like ice, mist, fog, and all that. Then maybe I can show you my new technique I'm working on." I smiled.

"Technique?" Aang, and Katara asked simultaneously.

I nodded,

"When we land though. I don't quite trust myself at this height." I sweatdropped.

Aang nodded hesitantly and Katara looked at me worriedly.

"Let's find a big puddle first though." Katara stated.

"Yeah, we'll need it." I agreed.

----------

"Nice puddle." Sokka complimented after we landed.

It was indeed a nice puddle, well waterfall puddle, but hey. Same thing, I guess.

I had just finished removing Appa's saddle along with Asura's who both sat giddily.

Asura was long awake now and her feathers were fluffed up in excitement as she hooted, purred, and chirped excitedly.

The second I removed both saddles they took off to lounge in the water. Asura only went knee deep and rolled around in the water like it was a bird bath.

Appa had just belly flopped in the deep end sending water everywhere and soaking Momo who had just finished drying himself after jumping in the water before Asura.

I sensed a crush as Momo carried a flopping fish in his two front paws and laid it in front of Asura.

Clearly the gift appeased her as she hooted in delight and licked Momo's cheek in thanks before quickly devouring a large chunk of the fish and leaving the tail meat for Momo.

----------

After Appa had jumped in Aang was quick to follow before I grabbed him as he prepared to jump in after.

"Yeah! Don't start without me, Boy!" Aang cheered.

Katara was quick to stop his protests as I held him back.

"We're here to practice, Aang. Not play in the water." I said as I crossed my arms in disapproval.

"But-" Aang began as Katara silenced him.

"Come on, Airhead. Let's go. I found a good area by the waterfall. We'll do some breathing first." I stated as I pulled him by the wrist to the area just behind the waterfall.

After leading Katara and Aang to the location and sending Sokka on a task I tied identical blindfolds to Aang and Katara's head.

"Hey!"

"What?"

The both questioned.

"Sit down. You're both learning." I stated.

Aang groaned and Katara did as asked.

We sat in a pretzel formation and I showed them how to to breathe.

"Take a breath. Now hold it

1,

2,

3,

Release it,

1,

2,

3,

4,

5,

Good."

----

The breathing lasted for two minutes as Katara found it difficult to sit still.

Finally, I could feel their heartbeat slow somewhat.

"Good, now. Feel the water around you. Do you see it?" I asked as Katara and Aang nodded.

"Good. Now tie a string to it. Tiny invisible strands, do you have it?" I asked to Katara and Aang's nods.

"Pull it towards your breath. Each breath you take it gets closer. Now do you hear it?"

"It's faint." Katara answered softly.

"What does it say? Listen to it. Pull it closer."

"It offers it's help. What do we say?" Aang asked.

"Tell it something small, lift it as high as you can."" I instructed.

"Now open your eyes and take off the blindfold.."

----------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed! I'll see y'all later! Stay safe and healthy, and have a good day! Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all later!
-Rose

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

896 37 6
The Hundred Year War is over. Peace rules the world in an unprecedented way. The world is starting to heal from the mistakes of the past. It's been...
116K 6.4K 42
*This is the SECOND book of the "Daughter of the Moon" series, so go read "Book One: Water" if you haven't already* Elara finds herself on the run wi...
4.5K 251 13
ೃ⁀➷ ┃ 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 - zuko 彡 ❝ You are filled with hatred, how was i so blind? ❞ ❝ I promise I changed. You know i did. ❞ ╰┈➤...
30K 930 21
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...