๐’๐“๐Ž๐๐„๐ƒโ„ข

By VEAUNE

Complete 4th written book More

Aa
Bb
Cc
Dd
Ee
Ff
Gg
Hh
Ii
Jj
Kk
Ll
Mm
Nn
Oo
Pp
Qq
Rr
Ss
Tt
Uu
Vv
Xx
Yy
Zz
yY
xX
wW
Vv
Epilogue
Pt 2

Ww

3.2K 183 75
By VEAUNE

Jovan

"Man this shit funny as hell," Draco joked as he shoved my shoulder back playfully, "I go to sleep one day and wake up with my brother in the same cell as me the next. This that bullshit."

"It really fucking is." It's been about a good twenty-four hours that i've been present and found myself arguing with other inmates.

Draco's black eye was gone and he seemed to have a better relationship with the others. He's been in here longer so it made sense.

"AWE SHIT!" A familiar voice smacked across from us in another cell. I got up and peered through to see that it was the old head I stabbed a couple of years ago.

"Nigga you still here?" I laughed noticing how they added twelve extra years to his sentence. It was obvious he was doing some fuck shit.

He nodded his head in disappointment, "Yessir, but I wouldn't worry too much about me if I was yew'. I'd be worried about the sentence you'll be getting."

"Fuck you mean?" I asked still seeing the humor on the fact that he was trying to tell me about myself.

I figured he would probably lie or sneak words past my ears but all the other jail mates stood by the ridges of their cells to navigate the conversation.

"It's cray-cray how much yew' can hear in these cells in the corse of twenty-four hours boa'" He smirked showing his yellow teeth.

"Aye you finna keep choppin' it up or tell my brother what the fuck you talking about?" Draco asked to my defence.

The man took a seat on his bunker and laid back staring at the ceiling. "Word going around that you getting the death penalty. They tied you to two murders, drug smuggling and distribution, having illegal weapons, possession of marijuana, and apparently kidnapping."

"Kidnapping?" I turned to Draco, confused with the words being said, "Nigga who the fuck did I kidnap?"

He shrugged his shoulder. "Look we gonna figure this shit out later. I just wanna know how they got this information and you haven't even gone to trial yet."

"Exactly." I peered back at the old man, trying to figure if his words are of truth.

"Nigga you really think they care foe' yo' trial?" Another inmate sated, "They done already choose what's gonna happen to you. They already see you as guilty so it doesn't matter if you walk into that courtroom and have a good defense and lawyer. They done already chose what they're gonna do wether you innocent or not."

"Wait what?" I wrapped my hands around the gated cell doors, making sure I heard him correctly.

"The SYSTEM IS RIGGED NEGRO," He shouted, "They done let me know I was spending my life in here befó I even had my trail. They not finna play in YO' favor."

"How you know my sentence already?" I asked seeing that he had one blind eye and two missing fingers. This nigga truly been through shit.

"The officers been talking about it since before you came hea'. Shit months before you came here matter of fact. They been on yo' ass foe' the longest. You done fucked up already and you but nothing more than 20."

I brushed my hand over my face before sitting down on the empty bunker, across from my brother. "You dead fucking ass right now? They been plotting on me for months?"

Every inmate nodded their heads, letting me know the truth. I let out a groan of air just staring up at the ceiling. "When?"

"Few days after yo' trial."

•••

They checked me for a third time before making sure the cuffs were tightened around my wrist as they walked me out.

"Who is it?" I asked in curiosity.

"You'll see when you get there," One of the officers stated to me, unlocking the doors and guiding out to the visitation area.

"OH NAH." I immediately tried turning around the moment Nessa's face came to view. I wasn't about to sit here and chop it up with the one person who had used me.

The officer turned me back around and reminded me that I had a specific amount of visits per month and I should take this one just in case no one else comes.

Knowing how hot my head is on the streets, I wouldn't be surprised if I had visits back to back.

I took a deep breath and made my way over to the table, sitting in front of her. She didn't say anything and neither did I. It honestly felt like a staring contest. "What do you want?"

"I'm not the one who turned your notebook in. Yes, I took it because I got mad when you didn't care what Pow's men tried to do to me, but I swear I didn't turn it in."

She had sleep bags under her eyes and her fingers were tapping rapidly on her thigh.

"Is that supposed to matter to me?" I asked truthfully, "You stole it. You the reason why i'm here right now."

I could hear the back door open and Draco come out to see who was visiting him. When my eyes darted to the left, I realized it was Kayla. I was in complete earshot of their conversation.

"I didn't turn it in though. I would've never did that." She laid her head in her hands. "Jovan im so sorry. I don't think you understand how much this is tearing me up inside."

I brushed her off. Honestly, I just wanted the officer to come back and get me already. "It don't even matter to me Nessa. Matter fact you don't even matter to me. So please, get the fuck out of my face."

"I don't matter to you?" She mumbled with her fingers tapping a little faster. I could tell her heart was racing.

"Nah." I shook my head denying anything emotional I felt towards her. Right now I needed to worry about myself and myself only.

No one was to be trusted, other than my brother because he would never switch up on me the way that everyone else has.

Her eyes were crystalloid and were piercing straight at me. "You do know I care about you right?"

"No you don't."

"If I didn't then I wouldn't have came down here to speak to you, I wouldn't have lied to the investigators because you really could've had more added to your sentence. I wouldn't have bought you a new fucking notebook or stay with you every night so you could sleep. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't have done caring things."

I stared at her silently, mostly because I didn't know she did half of the shit she did for me. At the same, i'm the one behind the fucking bars- not her. "I hear you."

She watched my movements before reaching out to my hands. "And I..," She paused for a moment, "I Lov-"

"Don't say it," I warned her with my finger up to pause the words. I'm not sure why I stopped her, but I did.

Right now she could see that my heart was the one racing, and quickly too. I was scared of Love, deeply penetrated by it. It's not like i've never said it, it's that i've never genuinely felt it for anyone other than my brother.

I had love for my mother, but she didn't have it for me and it was obvious. I had it for my sister as well, but i'm not sure how she felt or reciprocated.

I felt something for Nessa, but I wasn't sure what it was and I didn't want her to make the mistake of loving someone like me.

Nessa chewed on her lip, loosing her eye contact with me. "Well. I just came to tell you everything before I leave back home."

My ears perked up fast as hell when she said her last sentence. "You going back home?"

She nodded her head. "It's for the best."

"Maybe it is."

•••

"Grimly and Levi done fucked in the showers again," Some guy who went by Falme, yelled out.

Flame

Everyone in the corners, who were preparing for a shower, turned around and started groaning loudly.

"I'm beating the shit out that nigga and his prison bitch when I see them," Another inmate smacked.

"I wish a nigga would be walking in a shower full of cum," Someone added in with disgust.

"This the bullshit I gotta deal with till my trial?" I turned to Draco who was following me over to the cafeteria.

"If you think this is bad you should see what Flood be doing," Flame said from the corner beside me.

Certain inmates had nicknames depending on what they did or what they were known to do when locked up.

Flood and Flame were complete opposites, they were brothers just like Draco and I, but were on a whole other level of dangerous.

They don't even fuck with each other because of their major differences. Flood was quiet and stayed within himself while Flame was loud as fuck and just in everyone's business.

"If it isn't fire boy and water girl," Draco joked with his neck turned in Flames direction, "We not tryna get into shit with yo' brother so wrap up this lil' conversation you tryna have with us and go on with yo' day."

We walked through a line to get whatever food they were planning on serving us. The whole time Flame kept running his mouth.

"My brudda' not gonna do shit if y'all talking to me. He already know i'll jump his ass innis' bitch hea'"

Pounds of unidentifiable food were poured on my plate. Something in me was saying not to eat it and that's exactly what I wasn't going to do.

"Flame what you even in here for?" I asked once we were finally seated. I could already see a few of Doves members spotting us from the corner. They even took it upon themselves to sit at the table that was across from ours.

I made sure to take a mental note on how many were around so I knew who to stay away from if they proceeded on jumping us. Right now, my count was on twenty-four.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself while Flame spoke.

"I caught my girlfriend on fire," He shared as more people sat around us. "I knocked a bitch up by accident and she got pregnant by another nigga on purpose as revenge. So I lit that hoe in flames."

I glanced over at him with a puzzled look. Niggas in here were really crazy. "You don't belong in no damn prison. You belong in a psych ward, a mental facility at that."

"NAH, NAH," He shook his head and started digging into the food on his tray. "Listen. The person she got knocked up by was my BRUDDA' I tried to light his ass on fire too."

Draco and I shared looks with each other before busting out into laughter. I couldn't believe people like this existed.

"Now I see why they call you Flame. Why they call yo' brother Flood though?" These niggas were more interesting than I presumed.

"Oh cause he like drowning people. He like to flood up yo' system until yo' lungs are overflowed with water. He the one tha' belong inna' damn facility."

"You forgot to add in the part where he stays in the showers waiting for people so he can drown them in there," Some Random stated.

"Oh yeah. He be doing that too. Why y'all think I ain't showed in two months foe'? I ain't dying under that nigga possession. I'll be mad as hell if my death was caused by my brudda'. I'll haunt the shit outta him."

"One minute you not scared of that nigga and the next minute you are. Flame make up yo' fucking mind," Draco told him before turning his attention on me.

"What?" I asked realized his face was serious.

"She loves you bruh. I heard her."

"You aint hear shit." I watched as Flame dived into his plate then went straight for mine right after. This nigga clearly had a thing for prison food. "And even if she did that isn't my business."

Draco shoved my shoulder lightly to catch my attention. "Fuck outta here. You know you feel the same way you just too scared to admit it."

"Blah blah blah. I don't wanna hear this shit. I don't love nobody but myself."

"Period," Flame agreed before sitting back and burping. "The only bitch who got my heart is Mrs. Lorraine."

My brow dodged up. "Nigga you talking about officer Lorraine?"

He nodded his head slowly and leaned in on his seat. "She got Megan knees and her throat game crazy. She the reason why my sentence not as long as everyone else. Imma be out in a few months."

"All I gotta do is fuck one of these bitches to get my shit lowered?" My hands were tied together as he continued to nod.

"They be taking evidence out and everything. You just gotta fuck the ones that be dick deprived. The ugly ones. They be willing to risk it all."

My lips turned into a smirk and I shot a look at Draco. "You thinking what i'm thinking?"

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 1.8K 26
With two differnt lives that ran the streets, Draco and Kayla had finally met in the day of light. They never knew that they would be forced to hurt...
142K 3.8K 39
( first book) 2020๐Ÿ’•