Cold as Stone

By Hjc0703

[COMPLETED] They didn't believe her when they should have. They let her leave with her step-father. Wha... More

Warning
Aesthetics and characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Important!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
New Book!

36

7.8K 205 99
By Hjc0703

I bite my lip. I had the best poker face here.

"Do you have any... 4's?" Adrian whispers. He was staring straight at Chase who was glaring at him. He gave him one card.

"Why are you whispering?" Darius asks, confused. He looked at him.

"Because, it's like I'm not even here. I'm an illusion." Adrian says, doing the John cena thing. I rolled my eyes.

"Focus." I bluntly say. They look at me. "What?"

"Nothing." Adrian mumbled, looking away from me. I shrug.

"Any 7's?" I ask, looking straight at Darius. Even though he was in the mafia, he had the worst fucking poker face. He narrowed his eyes. "What? Seriously, do I have something on my face?"

"Your cheating." I raised an eyebrow.

"How? How am I cheating?" I ask, confused. He handed me three cards and I smiled at him. I laid down the rest of the cards. "Jackpot. Now bring me my money!"

"What are you kids doing?" Dante asks, turning on the lights. We all looked at him and his eyes widened. "Okay then. I will just be taking my leave. I-I'll be in the kitchen. Trying to wash my eyeballs out." He leaves. "What the hell did I make? Little gremlins."

We had face paint on. Glow in the dark face paint. It looked normal in the dark but in the light, we looked fucking creepy. We also had a black light. We look at each other and shrug. Nobody knows how they look. I gotta admit, it's pretty funny. They will be so mad when they realize this shit doesn't come off in one wash. I may or may not have dyed their hair. It's fine, though. Nobody knows I did that. I'll be in so much trouble. It's not even funny.

I grabbed everything in the middle and pushed it towards me. I smiled cheekily at them.

"Welp, I'm gonna go get ready." Darius says, standing up. We all stand up.

"Same." They look at me. "What? I have work to do. I already know. Whatever. I'll be somewhere in the house."

I left before they could say anything. I ran up the stairs, hurting my ribs in the process.

--

"ADDISON!" Darius yelled from upstairs. Dante looked at me and I tensed up.

"Uh oh." I mumble. A herd of elephants came rushing down the stairs and into the kitchen. I looked at them and so did Dante. He shakes his head.

I also may or may not have put the dye and a lot of glitter into their shampoo. They all have different color heads. Either hot pink, purple, blue, a light green, yellow or something like that. I smile cheekily at them.

"What happened to your hair?" I ask, innocently. They narrowed their eyes at me and I raised an eyebrow. "You guys look so good."

"You dyed our hair!" I slowly shook my head.

"I didn't do that. I would remember if I did that." I then look at their faces.

"How the fuck did you get yours off?" I scratched the back of my neck and looked at Dante who had a smile on his face. He shrugs at me.

"I may or may not have used the paint you guys used." I whisper.

"What the fuck did you do to us?" I shrug.

"I got bored. You can't get mad at me for that. I had nothing to do."

"Then do something to your friends. I have to go to school with this in my hair." Adrian whined, touching his hair. I shrug.

"Okay? That's my problem, how?" I ask, confused.

"We will get you back, Addison. Watch your back." Chase grumbled out.

"Don't worry. I will." I say, smiling at them. They all left the kitchen. I looked at Dante. "I'm in deep shit, aren't I?"

"Yes you are." I sigh.

"I'm gonna go call Stephan. Haven't talked to him in a while."

"You're gonna be home alone today, Addison. You'll be okay?" I nod. "Your friends can come over if they want."

"Awesome. I'll be okay. I'll call or text you if I need anything." He nods. "Have a good day."

I went up the stairs and got into my bed. I pulled my phone out and clicked his contact. I put it up to my ear.

"What's up A?"

"Nothing much. Whatcha doing?" I ask, curious.

"In my car. Getting a coffee from StarBucks." I roll my eyes. "Hey! I heard that."

"I rolled my eyes. How can you hear that?" He laughs. "Your high, aren't you?"

"Just a little. Not baked enough. I'll smoke later. I don't want to hurt your feelings and all."

"Whatever. How's school?"

"Boring. Miss you. Heal faster." I laugh.

"Whatever, S."

"How's Chase? Is he coming to school today?"

"Yes, he is. You should see his hair."

We continued talking. Dante and all of them left a few minutes into the conversation.

"What's up Queen?" Shawn asks, curious. I smile.

"Nothing really. You?"

"Nothing up with me either."

"Goddess, I miss you!" Brandon whines.

"You guys just saw me yesterday."

"Too long ago." Jordan whines also. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"I will admit, it was too long ago."

"Can we come over after school?"

"Sure. Dante said it was okay." I heard the front door open and slam shut. I furrowed my eyebrows. My dogs got up from my bed and started growling.

"What's in the background, Adds? You okay?" Stephan asks, confused. I slowly got out of my bed and grabbed my gun. "Addison, fucking answer."

"Shut up. Just shh. Okay?" I whisper. I slowly go into Adrian's room, trying to not make a sound. "Stephan, take me off speaker."

I heard rummaging around. I took a deep breath when he came on, alone.

"Addison, what's going on? Your brothers just got here." I let out a breath.

I heard things crashing downstairs. Did I go? No. I stayed in the room, trying to think of a plan. I looked at my gun and checked the clip. I smiled. I put it back in and clicked it. I was prepared.

"I need you to do something for me, Stephan."

"Anything. Fucking tell me what's happening."

"If I die, you have to respect my wishes. I don't want a funeral. People can't stand around and do whatever they do at funerals. I don't want my dad to have to see his only daughter going into the ground. You have to make sure that I get buried next to Ashlyn Rose. Nobody can attend, alright? People can come visit my headstone but people will not be at my funeral." I whisper.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind? Addison-"

"And my headstone. I want it cool. Like say something like 'she died a hero' or something. People have to think I was cool." I let out a breath. A yelp was heard from downstairs. Two gunshots rang out and I bit my lip. Tears started going down my cheeks.

"Addison, what the hell was that sound?"

"Stephan, fucking promise me that nobody will attend my funeral!" I say, harshly.

"Okay. Okay. I promise. Nobody will attend."

"I'm going to die." I whisper. I slid down the wall, taking a deep breath.

Stephan's pov

"I'm going to die." She whispered. My eyes widened. I looked at the people.

"What?" Brandon asks, confused. Her brothers came over to us.

"Is Addison on the phone?" Adrian asks, looking at the phone in my hand. I look at them. They looked at the other people then back at me. "I say something wrong?"

"Stephan, what's going on?" Xavier asks, worried. I heard more gunshots, making me tense up.

"Addison?" I ask, concerned. She didn't answer. "Addison?"

"I'm fine." I could tell she was crying. "Please Stephan, please keep your promise. I don't want people at my funeral. I just want to be peaceful. I just want to be put into the ground with nobody there."

"Stephan, what the hell is going on?" Jordan gritted out. I looked at the siblings.

"Call Dante. Fucking now!" Chase immediately pulled his phone out. I jogged over to my car, pulling my gun out. I got in and checked the clip. I put in my passenger seat and pulled out of my parking spot.

Addison's pov

I slowly sit down on the front porch, clutching my arm. I was going to have bruises on my body tomorrow. Did I care? No. I put my gun next to me, taking out the clip. It was empty. Emptied all 10 rounds.

Cars pulled up but I didn't care. I took out my cigarette, and blew out the smoke. I was destressing. It helps. Or that's what I would like to think it does. It doesn't fucking help. Bunch lies.

Someone came in front of me.

"Addison?" I looked at them. "What happened? Whose blood are you covered in?" I put the cigarette back into my mouth, making them take it out. They put it out. "Addison, answer the questions." They looked at the gun beside me and the empty clip. They tensed up.

"Oh fuck." Another person whispered. Another car pulled up. I knew who it was. Dante and all of them. Did I care? Not really. They came over to me and saw the blood and the empty clip. They went inside and immediately came back out.

"Tell me the person is dead?" Dante whispered.

"Three." I mumble. He tensed up.

"Where?"

I stood up and went inside. Passing the dead dogs. Passing the mess they made. Passing everything in that goddamn living room. I walked up the stairs and stared at them all. I knew they were gonna follow. Wasn't stupid.

"They are who exactly?" Darius asks, confused. I shrug.

"Don't know." They looked at me.

"What does this imply exactly? You don't know these people? You never seen them in your life?" Adrian asks, confused. "Or like these people are robbers?"

"I don't know." I say, looking at them. Stephan stepped over the one and went to the third one. He lifted the sleeve, making me look. I tensed up and my face dropped.

"Why aren't they attacking me?" He asks, confused.

"Because you didn't fucking kill their goddamn God." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"This got way deeper." I mumble.

Oo a cliffhanger. Sorry not sorry. Anyway, how did you like this chapter? Good? Bad? Sad?

Share. Comment. Vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 28 10
Iris was two when they sent her away to a boarding school for her safety. But she wasn't safe at all, tortured everyday and train to be the deadlies...
18K 306 22
🔞⚠️ Cecile was found in the orphanage gate with her birth certificate making her easily find her parents but Cecile had misunderstanding that made h...
1.2M 31.3K 54
They thought that she was dead before she got to live. They have been deceived by the person they were supposed to trust. She grew up loved, but that...
262K 5K 41
"You don't know me." "Yes, I do. And this is not you." "You don't know me well enough to know if this is me or not." "You're an angel...our angel" "T...