π“π‘πž 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ 𝐰𝐑𝗼 𝐝𝐒𝐝...

By carlgrimesenthusiast

"You love me, Harry." "No i don't, Rose. Fuck off." Rose Black, the daughter of the famous Sirius Black. The... More

(E) πš™πš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ
act one - prisoner or azkaban
one
two
three
four
Five
chapter six
Seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
thirty one.
thirty two
thirty three
Act 2. The Goblet of Fire.
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
Forty four
Forty five

chapter eleven

2.1K 79 159
By carlgrimesenthusiast

                                  Potions

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎
                       ⌫❦☀︎︎☺︎︎𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎
☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ROSE WAS staring out the Slytherin commom room window, when she felt the sudden urge to move. She didn't want to get up but the feeling of restlessness was affecting her greatly.

So she stood up, put her things away, and headed out of the portrait hole. She wasn't entirely sure if she should be out right now, but she didn't care. She was good at lying, so she could just fib her way out of it.

She just turned a corner when..

!BAM!

She knocked right into somebody's body and they both fell over groaning and clutching their foreheads.

"What the hell"

"Rose?"

Rose and Harry said at the same time.

Harry stood up immediately and held out his hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She grabbed his hand and he pulled her up.

"What are you doing out, Rose?"

Rose looked to her Right to see Hermione and Ron standing there. Ron, awkwardly, and Hermione, worriedly.

"Oh- i just wanted to get out of the common room.... green.. isn't the most comforting color."

They all just kind of stood there watching eachother for a minute.

"So," Harry cleared his throat awkwardly. "We were going to Hagrids, do you want to come with?" He asked, ignoring Ron's warning look.

"er- i mean, sure." She agreed uncertainly.

"Alright." He said cheerfully, walking ahead.

Ron glared at her, but continued walking as well.

The grass was still wet and looked almost black in the twilight. When they reached Hagrid's hut, they knocked, and a voice growled, "C'min."

Hagrid was sitting in his shirtsleeves at his scrubbed wooden table; his boarhound, Fang, had his head in Hagrid's lap. One look told them that Hagrid had been drinking a lot; there was a pewter tankard almost as big as a bucket in front of him, and he seemed to be having difficulty getting them into focus.

"'Spect it's a record," he said thickly, when he recognized them. "Don' reckon they've ever had a teacher who lasted on'y a day before."

"You haven't been fired, Hagrid!" Gasped Hermione.

"Not yet," said Hagrid miserably, taking a huge gulp of whatever was in the tankard. "But's only a matter o' time, I'n't, after Malfoy..."

They made their way over to the couch and Rose awkwardly followed.

"How is he?" said Ron as they all sat down. "It wasn't serious, was it?"

"Madam Pomfrey fixed him best she could," said Hagrid fully, "but he's sayin' it's still agony... covered in bandages.... moanin'..."

"He's faking it," said Harry at once. "Madam Pomfrey can mend anything. She regrew half my bones last year. Trust Malfoy to milk it or all it's worth."

"School gov'nors have bin told, o' course," said Hagrid miserably. "They reckon i started too big. Shoulda left Hippogriffs fer later... one flobberworms or summat.... Jus' thought it'd make a good firs' lessons all my fault..."

Rose looked at Hagrid sympathetically.

"It's all Malfoys fault, Hagrid!" said Hermione earnestly.

"We're witnesses," said Harry. "You said Hippogriffs attack if you insult them. It's Malfoy's problem that he wasn't listening. Well tell Dumbledore what really happened."

"Yeah, don't worry. Hagrid, well back you up," said Ron.

Tears leaked out of the crinkled corners of Hagrid's beetle-black eyes. He grabbed both Harry and Ron into a bone-crushing hug.

Rose sat there looking around awkwardly, still.

"I think you've had enough to drink, Hagrid," said Hermione firmly. She took the tankard from the table and went outside to empty it.

"Ah, maybe she's right," said Hagrid, letting go of Harry and Ron, who both staggered away, rubbing their ribs. Hagrid heaved himself out of his chair and followed Hermione unsteadily outside. They heard a loud splash.

"What's he done?" said Harry nervously as Hermione came back in with the empty tankard.

"Stuck his head in the water barrel," said Hermione, putting the tankard away.

"So what exactly is going to happen to Buckbeak?" Rose finally spoke up, startling the trio who had forgotten she was there.

"We don't know." Said Ron rudely. Harry nudged his side hard.

"There was no need to take that tone with me." Rose rolled her eyes.

"There's no need to roll your eyes at me." He said back.

"I'm sorry, i forgot you were the queen of England."

Before they could argue any further, Hagrid came back, his long hair and beard sopping wet, wiping the water out of his eyes.

"That's better," he said, shaking his head like a dog and drenching them all. "Listen, it was good of yeh ter come an' see me, I really—"

Hagrid stopped dead, staring at Harry and Rose as though he'd only just realized they were there.

"WHAT D'YEH THINK YOU'RE DOIN', EH?" he roared, so suddenly that they all jumped a food in the air. "YEH'RE NOT TO GO WANDERIN' AROUND AT NIGHT, HARRY! ROSE! AN, YOU TWO! LETTIN' THEM!"

Hagrid strode over to Harry and Rose, grabbed their arms, and pulled him to the door.

"C'mon!" Hagrid said angrily. "I'm takin' yer all back up yet school an' don' let me catch yeh walkin' down ter see me after dark again. I'm not worth that!"

"Alright! Alright, let go, my arm is going to look like a Blueberry!" Shouted Rose.

☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎

Malfoy didn't reappear in classes until late on Thursday morning, when the Slytherins and Gryffindors were halfway through double Potions. He swaggered into the dungeon, his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, acting, in Harry and Roses opinion, as though he were the heroic survivor of some dreadful battle.

"How is it, Draco?" simpered Pansy Parkinson. "Does it hurt much?"

"Yeah," said Malfoy, putting in a brave sort of grimace. But Harry and Rose saw him wink at Crabbe and Goyle when Pansy had looked away.

Behind Harry and Ron, Rose rolled her eyes.

"Settle down, settle down," said Professor Snape idly.

Harry and Ron scowled at eachother; Snape wouldn't have said 'settle down' if they'd walked in late, he'd have given them detention. But Malfoy has always been able to get away with anything in Snapes classes; Snape was head of Slytherin house, and generally favored his own students above all others.

They were making a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution. Malfoy set up his own cauldron right next to Harry and Ron, so that they were preparing their ingredients on the same table.

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, i'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm—"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoys roots for him," said Snape without looking up.

Ron went brick red.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," he hissed at Malfoy.

Rose was listening intently, watching over her eyelashes, Waiting for a moment to step in.

Malfoy smirked across the table.

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape; cut up these roots."

Ron seized his knife, pulled Malfoy's roots toward hun, and began to ship them roughly, so that they were all different sizes.

"Professor," drawled Malfoy, "Weasleys mutilating my roots, sir."

"Kiss ass." Rose muttered under her breath. Only Blaise heard her, as he was sitting next to her, and smirked slightly at his best friend.

Snape approached Ron, Harry, and Malfoys table, stared down his hooked nose at the roots, then gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy, black hair.

"Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."

"But, sir—!"

Ron had spent the last quarter of an hour shredding his own roots into exactly equal pieces.

"Now." said Snape in his most dangerous voice.

Ron shoved his own beautifully cut roots across the table at Malfoy, then took up the knife again.

"Potter, you can skin Malfoys shrivelfig," said Snape, giving Harry the room of loathing he always reserved just for him.

Harry took Malfoys shrivelfig as Ron began trying to repair the damage to the roots he now had to use. Harry skinned the shrivelfig as fast as he could and flung it back across the table at Malfoy without speaking. Malfoy was smirking even more broadly than ever.

"Psss. Ron!" Rose tried to get Ron's attention, but was ignored.

"Ron!"

"What?!" he whisper shouted, turning around.

"Here." Rose was handing out her roots to him.

"Cool? I don't know what you want me to say."

"No- Take them. Give me yours." She forced.

"What? Why?" He whispered, confused.

Ron finally caught on that she was trying to give him her roots, since his roots were now ruined. "Oh- no. I'll keep my roots."

"Take them or i'll gut you like a fish."

"Alright- alright." He said and quickly took them, intimated.

She then reached over and took his roots.

Ron turned around and gave her a small smile. She gave one back.

Harry saw this interaction and furrowed his eyebrows, that same feeling in his stomach when he saw her with blaise. 'What is this?' He thought.

"Seen your pal Hagrid lately?" Malfoy asked them quietly.

"None of your business," said Ron jerkily, without looking up.

"I'm afraid he won't be a teacher for much longer," said Malfoy in a tone of mock sorrow. "Fathers not very happy about my injury—"

"Keep talking, Malfoy, and i'll give you a real injury," snarled Rose.

"—hes complained to the school governors. And to the Ministry of Magic. Fathers got a lot of influence, you know. And a lasting injury like this'— he gave a huge, fake sigh—"who knows if my arm'll ever be the same again?"

"Oh my god—" Rose gasped mockingly.

"What?" Asked Malfoy.

"It's almost like...." She looked towards Blaise and they both gasped and said in unison, "No one asked." Then slapped their hands to their mouth mockingly before breaking out in laughter at Malfoys face.

"Not funny."

"So that's why your putting it on," said Harry, accidentally beheading a dead caterpillar because his hand was shaking in anger, "To try to get Hagrid fired."

"Well," said Malfoy, lowering his voice to a whisper, "Partly, Potter. But there are other benefits too. Weasley, alice my caterpillars for me."

A few cauldrons away, Neville was in trouble. Neville regularly went to pieces in Potions lessons; it was his worst subject, and his great fear of Professor Snape made things ten times worse. His potion, which was supposed to be a bright, acid green, had turned—

"Orange, Longbottom," said Snape, ladling some up and allowing to splash back into the cauldron, so that everyone could see.

"Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that think skull of yours? Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one cat spleen was needed? Didn't i state plainly that a sash of leech justice would suffice? What do i have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?"

Rose was gripping her knife hard. She wasn't close with Neville at all, but seeing him being humiliated by a Professor irked her. Bad.

Neville was pink and trembling. He looked as though he was in the verge of tears.

"Please, sir," said Hermione, "please, i could help Neville put it right—"

"I don't remember asking you to show off, Miss Granger," said Snape coldly, and Hermione went as pink as Neville. "Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly."

Rose was trembling with anger by now. First he insults Neville, a very sweet boy, then Hermione, who did absolutely nothing but offer Neville help.

Snape moved away, leaving Neville breathless with fear.

"Help me!" he moaned to Hermione.

"Hey, Harry," Rose saw Seamus Finnigan, leaving over to borrow Harry's brass scales, "Have you heard? Daily Prophet this morning-they reckon Sirius Blacks been sighted."

Rose dropped her knife with a loud clatter catching most students attention. "What?" She gasped, looking up at Seamus.

"Where?" said Harry, Ron, and Rose quickly. Rose leaned close over her table to listen. On the other side of the table, Malfoy looked up, listening closely.

"Not too far from here," said Seamus, who looked excited. "It was a Muggle who saw him. 'Course, she didn't really understand. The Muggles think he's just an ordinary criminal, don't they? So she phoned the telephone hotline. By the time the Minstry of Magic got there, he was gone."

Rose was calm on the outside, but on the inside she was panicking to the extreme.

"Not too far from here..." Ron repeated, looking significantly at Harry. He turned around and saw Malfoy watching closely. "What, Malfoy? Need something else skinned?"

"Yeah," Rose joined. "How about your di-"

She was cut off with a hard nudge in the ribs by a smirking Blaise.

She groaned and held her stomach. "What was that for?"

But Malfoys eyes were shining malevolently, and they were looking between Harry and Rose. He leaned across the table.

"Thinking of trying to catch Sirius Black single-handed, Potter, Black?"

"Yeah, that's right." Said Harry offhandedly, when Rose said "When was i dragged into this?"

Malfoy's thin mouth was curving in a mean smile.

"Of course, if it was me," he said quietly. "i'd have done something before now. I wouldn't be staying in school like a good little girl, i'd be out there looking for him."

"What are you talking about, Malfoy?" said Ron roughly.

"Don't you know, Potter, Black?" breathed Malfoy, his pale eyes narrowed.

"Know what?" They asked at the same time.

Malfoy let out a low, sneering laugh.

"Maybe you'd rather not risk your neck," he said. "Want to leave it to the Dementors, do you? But if it was me, I'd want revenge. I'd hunt him down myself."

"What are you talking about?" said Harry and Rose angrily, but at that moment Snape called, "You should have finished adding your ingredients by now; this potion needs to stew before it can be drunk, so clear away while it summers and then we'll test Longbottom's..."

Crabbe and Goyle laughed openly, watching Neville sweat as he stirred his potion feverishly. Hermione was muttering instructions to him out of the corner of her mouth, so that Snape wouldn't see. Harry, Rose and Ron packed away their unused ingredients and went to wash their hands and ladles in the stone basin in the corner.

"What did Malfoy mean?" Harry muttered to Ron as he stuck his hands under the icy jet that poured from the gargoyles mouth "Why would me and Rose want revenge on Black? He hasn't done anything to me—yet."

"He's full of shit." Rose said behind them, scaring them shitless.

"My godric—" Ron gasped, clutching his heart.

"He wants to make up do something we'll regret." She continued, pushing Ron out of the way and washing her hands. She said, "Don't give into it." lastly before walking away.

"Yeah. What she said." Said Ron.

The end of the lesson in sight, Snape strode over to Neville, who was cowering by his cauldron.

"Everyone gather 'round," said Snape, his black eyes glittering, "and watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. I'd he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as i don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his tad is likely to be poisoned."

Rose could tell her anger was rising again.

The Gryffindors, and Rose, watched fearfully. The Slytherins looked excited. Snape picked up Trevor the toad in his left hand and dipped a small spoon into Nevilles potion, which was now green. He trickled a few drops down Trevors throat.

There was a moment of hushed silence, in which Trevor gulped; then there was a small pop, and Trevor the tadpole was wriggling in Snapes palm.

The Gryffindors, and Rose, burst into applause. Snape, looking sour, pulled a small bottle from the bucket of his robe, poured down a few drops on top of Trevor, and he reappeared suddenly, fully grown.

"Five points from Gryffindor," said Snape, which word the smiles from every face. "I told you not to help him, Miss Granger. Class—"

"So first you bully a fucking kid, who is probably one of the nicest boys here," Rose spoke up and everyone turned to her surprised. "By humiliating him infront of everyone, basically calling him stupid, then when he does something right you still get mad? Such bullshit."

Snapes smug look was washed off when he looked towards Rose. "I'm sorry?"

"You heard what i said."

"20 points from—" He stopped when he realized Rose is from Slytherin.

"What?" Rose asked. "Cant take away my points because i'm a Slytherin, but you'll take away 50 point from Gryffindor if they trip over their own shoelace."

"You need to mind your own business, Black."

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I said, No." She said, then as fast as she said it, the cauldron right in front of snape Burst into flames startling everyone, Pansy letting out a scream.

Snape immediately took out his wand and brought out the fire. Everyone slowly turned towards Rose who was still glaring at Snape. If looks could kill, Snape would be Six feet under.

"C-class dismissed." Said Snape cautiously.

Rose grabbed her stuff and stomped out, glaring at Snape as she went.

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and everyone else's jaws were dropped.

'Did she do that?' Was everyone's thought.

☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎

A/n: I hope you ate something and drank water today! What did you guys eat today? I had a sandwich and lemonade :)) luv u<3

2946 words:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852K 25.4K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
3K 254 75
Hello guys! So this a harry potter fanfiction cause I am a big fan of harry potter..... And also I don't like Harry Potter third wheeling in his own...
84.3K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...
8.1K 206 17
Regulus Black was expecting a daughter before he was killed. Her mother no one knows what happened to her. The daughter herself has been in Azkaban s...