chapter sixteen

QUIDDITCH MATCH

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎                      ☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎sixteen☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎
☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎sixteen☀︎︎❦☺︎︎
☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

AS OF RIGHT NOW, Rose was in Defense Against the Dark Arts...but Lupin wasn't there. It was Snape. She wasn't even 3 minutes into the lesson and already wanted to die.

"As i was saying before Potter and Black interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far—"

"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Res Caps, Kappas, and Grindylows," said Hermione quickly, "and we're just about to start—"

"Be quiet," said Snape coldly. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

"He's the best Defense Against the Dark Arts we've ever had," said Dean Thomas boldly, and there was a murmur of agreement from the rest of the class. Snape looked more menacing than ever.

"You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly overtaxing you—i would expect first hears to be able to deal with Red Cals and Grindylows. Today we shall discuss—"

Rose watched him flick through the textbook, to the very back chapter, which he must know they haven't covered.

"—werewolves," said Snape.

Roses eyes widened. When she was 7 she came in contact with a werewolf. She can't remember their name, but all she remembers is being scared shitless of them.

"But, sir," said Hermione seemingly unable to restrain herself, "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start Hinkypunks—"

"Miss Granger," said Snape in a voice of deadly calm, "I was under the impression that i am teaching this lesson, not you. And i am telling you all to turn to page 395." he glanced around again. "All of you! Now!"

With many butter sidelong looks and some sullen muttering, the class opened their books.

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and a true wolf?" said Snape.

Everyone sat in a motionless silence; everyone except Hermione, who's hand, as it so often did, had shot straight into the air.

"Anyone?" Snape said, ignoring Hermione. His twisted smile was back. "Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between—"

"We told you," said Parvati suddenly, "we haven't got as far as werewolves yet, we're still on—"

"Silence!" snarled Snape. "Well, well, well, I never thought i'd meet a third-year class who wouldn't even recognize a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point of informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you all are..."