Forty five

Aurora

"I killed him

"I killed him."

————————————————-

"MY SISTER."

"You have a sister?" Harry asked, tilting his head.

"I did."

He gave her a questioning gaze.

"She's dead." Rose whispered.

His eyebrows raised, "I'm sorry—"

She shook her head, dismissing his apologies. "I'm gonna tell you everything. But I need to warn you, some of the things you hear might upset you or be difficult to process."

He nodded, worry starting to seep into his eyes.

She breathed in and out before starting to explain. "When I was one years old, my father was put into Azkaban, as you already know. I supposedly had no family left. I know it was a lie, or they just didn't care enough to find my other family. I was put in a muggle adoption center. I was there until six years old. At that time, i was adopted by a married couple named Brian and Amanda McKay."

"Those are some of Voldemorts greatest death eaters," Harry interrupted, his eyebrows raised. He quickly said, "Sorry." And allowed her to continue.

"They acted so sweet, like they actually wanted me. They didn't. They wanted me because of my family. They wanted me to be like them. Once I got to their manor they started treating me horribly. I met their daughter, Aurora. She was eight years old at the time. Me and Aurora immediately got close. Well, it took her a bit longer to warm up to me than I did her. Which I understand when you think about how she was treated."

Rose inhaled and exhaled sharply. She bit her lip as she struggled to find the next words.

"I'm just gonna rip off the bandaid, um, they hurt us. Really, really bad. As punishments they would use the Cruciatus Curse on us when we misbehaved. By misbehaved, I mean dropped something, didn't do something right, talked back, wasn't in bed by the required time, just anything. We had to be one hundred percent perfect or they would hurt us. They would hurt me." Tears were building up in her eyes and Harry's jaw had fallen.

"In counting, I had the Cruciatus curse used on me almost five hundred times. Keep in mind, this is all in a time period of seven years. And I couldn't even tell you the amount that was used on Aurora."

Harry had never been more shocked in his entire life.

"Me and Aurora would bond over it. The pain, the trauma." One tear fell down Rose's cheek. "I had someone. And on July twenty third, 1991, my eleventh birthday, I woke up. I went to go wake up Aurora. She wasn't in her room."