Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 48

42 1 3
By NurainiSalleh

Hi, I would like to say sorry that I have been posting new chapters as much as I would like to, I have been having a lack of inspiration lately and needed time to actually get the chapters done. Hopefully that this chapter isn't a disappointment to my readers. I am so sorry again for the delay in my chapters, hopefully, I will write more chapters again.

Thank you all for your patience with me and my writing journey, I like to thank everyone who still continued to read my story. I really appreciate every one of my readers that kept reading my story even with the delay of my chapters.

Okay enough talk, now on with the story!

Aurora's POV

I sat on the floor near Rosaleen's bed, petting her and trying to calm myself down as well, and I was also trying not to blame myself for what I have done to her. I did this, I am the one that hurt her and made her lose her energy as she tried to contain my powers and refrain it from getting worse.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I saw her own eyes still close shut. I am so sad and angry at myself that I didn't control my emotions, if I had controlled it better, she wouldn't have gone into hibernation.

"I am so sorry Rosaleen, please wake up soon." I whispered in her ear, hopefully she can hear me and feel my presence.

I suddenly heard a knock at my door, I stood up and opened it and was shocked to see Gabe was there holding flowers. "Gabe?" I said with a surprised tone in my voice.

"Hi Aurora......." he said to me softly. "May I come in?" he asked me and without any hesitation, I let him.

"Sure, come in. what are you doing here?" I asked as I closed my door behind me.

"Well, I actually did want to come to your welcome home party earlier but i was busy with work, i mean busy at work at my mom's salon. She was understaffed today and there were alot of appointments that she couldn' afford to cancel." he explained. "Ummm,do you mind if I sit on your bed?" he asked and I just nodded and gestured to him to sit down and I sat next to him.

Wait, you work at your mom's salon? You do hair?" i asked him sounding amused somehow which i didn't know why because there are male beauticians.

"Yeah, what do you think? I can't do women's hair because i'm a guy? That's sexist! Of course guys can do hair." he explained in a joking manner to show he is not angry at my comment.

"No that's not it, i think i never imagine you as a hairstylist/beautician type of guy. I always thought you were the cool jock athletic type of guy instead."

"Oh really? That you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover then, my mom taught me to do hair ever since I could hold a pair of scissors. Of course, she doesn't let me do real people's hair on the first try, I had to use a mannequin head that had a wig on it as practice."

"Wow! That's amazing!"

"Oh! And I forgot, these are for you, my mom kinda sent me to the flower shop nearby the salon to buy you these. Of course, I chose the flowers. she also said to me to tell you to get well soon." Gabe said but then he started mimicking his mom or should i say mimicking all moms. "And also to drink plenty of water, do not exert yourself and also eat plenty of food but also don't eat too fast and....."

I started laughing. "I get it, i get it!" and Gabe started laughing too. "Your mom is really kind enough to buy these flowers for me. It's really sweet of you both to do that, tell her i said 'thank you for the flowers' i really appreciate it."

"Oh, I will."

"So does your mom always want to open a salon?" I said as I sniff the beautiful flowers, they smelled great.

"Yeah, my mom always wanted to open up her own salon, she had to do random jobs before she met my dad. She was a barista, a delivery girl,cashier and grocery bag girl before she could even get half the money to open her salon. And it still wasn't enough as she needed to pay for the equipment and also she can't just run the salon herself with her being the only employee, so she had to think about hiring staff and all that.......... She almost gave up you know?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, but then she met my dad at a festival and they fell in love. They started dating and when she told him about her dreams of opening a salon in New York, he was really impressed by her determination which made him fall for my mom even more. She said to him that her dreams were crushed because of money issues so my dad wanted to pay for the salon, my mom said no and that she didn't want handouts but he insisted and said that it was not a hand out but an investment in her future."

"So your dad really believed in her then."

"Yeah, well after dad paid for everything, mom went to work on her salon as quickly as possible, she even delayed her answer to my dad's proposal because she wanted to pay my dad back before they can even get engaged or get married because she doesn't feel right taking my dad's money. She did accept the proposal in the end after my dad convinced her but the wedding had to be delayed, she paid my dad back after a year or so which in the end they got married. And a few months later I was born."

"Wait, what?! What do you mean a few months later? Don't you mean 9 months later?"

"Nope! A few months later. You think you were confused, imagine me looking at my birth certificate and my parents' marriage certificate and found out that the dates don't match up. My mom was pregnant with me a few months before their wedding and they were happy."

"Wow! That's an amazing story. I just love hearing all of you guys' life stories and all of your family life. They seem so interesting and sometimes sad in a way, like Eve's parents and then finding out that Kimi and K's mom is a japanese pop idol-" i said and then was cutted off by Gabe.

"And Sonia mom's a police officer and her dad is a travel writer. Also Ryder's mom is an actress and singer and his dad owns a bunch of hotels."

I looked at him shocked but he took a while to notice my changed expression. "What did you say?"

"You didn't know all that?" he then grinned at me nervously.

"NO! Wait okay, I know that Sonia's mom is a Police officer, I met her, but I didn't know her dad is a travel writer, that's so cool! BUT, what is more cool is that Mrs Hunter is an Actress and Singer, really? What has she acted in? Have i ever seen it before and didn't notice it?"

"I don't know if you saw her show before, she mostly stars as the main lead for dramas or a mom in a kids tv show. She is really good at it, mostly with kids shows since she can sing."

I was so shocked and surprised from what I have just learned, I didn't know that Mrs Hunter was such a big TV star and Singer. The more I talk to them, the more I know more about them and their interesting lives! This is amazing!

"Wait, haven't you noticed that their house is way bigger than anyone in the neighbourhood? I always thought they could buy a huge mansion like Layla's uncle can but I think they just wanted to lay low and just live in a normal neighbourhood I guess."

I looked out the window at the Hunter's house and I just noticed that it was bigger than my parents'. "Wow, i can't believe that i didn't notice that from the start, or maybe i just thought it was just a normal house not a celebrity's house."

"You can't believe it? Well, I still can't believe that you are neighbours with the Hunters. First of all of you and Ryder are desk neighbours and now actual neighbours."

"Yeah, i was surprised when I found out too." When I finished my sentence, I noticed that Gabe was staring at me and I looked at him back. He was looking at me with doting eyes like what you see in cartoons or tv shows when they are about to kiss the person in front of them sometimes.

*OH MY GOD! What is he doing?! Is he going to kiss me.........AGAIN!??!?!?!??! How many guys are going to kiss me this year?!?!?!?! I feel like I am in a soap opera or drama or something!*

He came nearer to me but I held my hand out in front of his face. "Wait! Gabe! What are you doing?" I said that to him.

He smiled at me and said. "Well, what do you think I'm doing beautiful?" He then continues to lean towards me as I lean back near the bouquet of flowers. I took the flowers quickly and moved it towards his face as I leaned forward and sat up straight again.

"Oh I think maybe you should smell the flowers that you and mom bought me." I then sniffed the flowers deeply to avoid the kiss and looked at him with a grin. I then looked at the bouquet carefully and saw that among the daisies in there, there was 1 red rose in the middle. It gave me a weird feeling and sensation, the sensation was so familiar to me and then i got another flashback from my childhood, with that kid.................

Flashback

"OH MY! Ry Ry! What happened to hands?!" I looked at Ry Ry with bandages all over his hands while he was holding roses.

"Auri, I took thwese roses from my neighbour's bush at their garden. I picked it for you because they are pweety, just like you Auri." he said while giving me the roses.

"Oh, Ry Ry, thank you but you are hurt! I don't like seeing your hurt, it will make me cwry. Please ask an adult before you do something like this.'' I advise him.

"My mommy said the same thing, so she cutted the thworns so you won't get hurt like I am right now. So here Auri, pweety roses for a pweety girl" he said to me as he gave me the roses.

Present

Aurora? Aurora?" I snapped back to reality again, I looked at Gabe as she had a concerned look on his face. He leaned back and stood up straight again. "Are you okay? You just suddenly zoned out."

I smiled at him and said "oh, i'm fine Gabe"

"Are you sure? Do you want to call Dr Aiko just in case?" he was about to take his phone out of his pocket but i stopped him from doing so.

"It's fine Gabe, i'm fine. Don't worry about it. It's just that I suddenly had a flashback when I saw this rose." i said as i took out that single rose from the bouquet and smelled it. "I remember someone gave me roses, a long......long time ago."

"Oh really? Is it your ex?" he asked me and I snapped back again and looked at Gabe, smiling at him.

"No, I never dated anyone, never had a boyfriend. But I always wanted to be in a relationship ever since I saw my brothers start dating girls from our old school. But the reason I really wanted to was because of the movies and tv shows I watched when i was kid and even those that i watch now, the love that the main characters had for each other was so magical. I wanted that, I wanted that love, I wanted to kiss someone and have that sparks fly moment."

"Oh really? Tell me more." Gabe said as he came nearer as he started listening attentively to me.

"I love how the characters looked at each other with doting eyes and how somehow, they knew that they were right for each other, no matter what obstacles they face, they always get back together. But sometimes that doesn't happen in real life, i see couples break up and like tv dramas, there is always fights and cheating, like there seems like less and less people are loyal to their partners."

"I know I am being judgemental but I want to find that love which is full of loyalty to each other, where 2 couples are loyal and faithful to each other no matter what the challenges they face, i want to see that after every fight, they will both end up laughing or where the couple say sorry to each other sincerely. I want my parents' love, I have seen them at their best and at their worst, I guess I have seen them at their worst? I see them fight and make up, I see that even years of being married to each other, their sparks are still alive and never once I have seen it dimmed. What I want is the love that seems like a fairytale but my very own fairytale, like my parents' fairytale."

"Wow, the way you describe love is so beautiful, just like you." said Gabe, he then held my chin with his fingers and turned my chin to face him as he gently came leaning towards me again. I had no excuse or distractions to stop him , I could have pushed him and said 'No! Stop!' but i didn't.

I am not sure why but the kindness Gabe showed me was so sweet and I do admit that I find him handsome and cute and just so hot! But I also feel the same way with Ryder as well. Shit! I feel like a player now, just thinking that I may like 2 guys, why!??!?!?!?!

"Aurora?" he called me as we are only inches away from touching our lips again. "If you want me to stop, please say so and i will. But if you don't please say so too." he said with the most charming smile ever.

And without me thinking i just said "It's fine Gabe, you can do it." and he did, our lips touched and it was really amazing, it was really warm and soft. It was kinda sweet he asked for my permission to kiss me. Ryder didn't do that.

*Wait?! Why am I thinking about Ryder all of a sudden?!?!??!?!?!? Gabe is the one that is kissing me! Why am I thinking of Ryde?! What the fuck is wrong with me?!*

Suddenly I heard the door open and wanted to stop but it felt so nice that I dropped my flowers that were on my bed. I plopped on the bed as Gabe was still kissing on top of me.

I then felt my bracelet feeling warm, like it became hot for some reason.

"Hey mom, dad seems stressed out, what is going on-" I heard the voice of one of my brothers and that was when I actually felt my own bracelet zapping me.

I pushed Gabe away from me and yelped. "OUCH!" as I rubbed my right wrist where my bracelet was placed on.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!?!??!" yelled Alex as he came into my room, pulled Gabe and tackled him to the ground.

"ALEX! STOP! He didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled at him.

"We heard you yelped he must have done something!" Alex yelled back at me.

"NO! He wasn't the one that made me yelped, my bracelet did! I think......... it was caught on something when........."

"When he was fucking on top of you!"

"Gabe!" I heard a stern voice coming from Josh. "I think you should leave.........NOW! Alex let him go"

Alex did let him go and Gabe slowly stood up and started rubbing his arm. I think Alex really hurt him. He looked at me and I mouthed out 'sorry' which he mouthed back 'it's okay'.

"BOYS! Downstairs! NOW!" mom screamed at them.

"But mom-" Alex said

"No BUTS!"

"But mom, we were just trying to-"

"NO.......BUTS!!!!!! GET DOWN ALL OF YOU BOYS!" she yelled at them. "Except for you Gabe, I want to talk to you and Aurora. I prefer you being here than downstairs with my sons"

All my brothers slowly went out of my room and down the stairs. When they did and we heard their footsteps became softer, mom gestured Gabe back to my bed which he slowly sat back looking a little tense.

"Okay, both of you-" she said but then paused to lock the bedroom door. She took a deep breath and then continued. "So that was intense," she grinned.

"Mom, we were just-"

"Yeah, i know what you were just doing and to me." she paused for a while. "It's fine, well, it's not fine but it's natural that when 2 people who are attracted to each other may feel the instinct to-"

"OH GOD! MOM! NO!" I screamed.

"It's fine sweetheart, I just wanted you to know that the next time you have a boy in your room, maybe we just let the door open okay?"

"Mrs Rossi, i am really sorry about the commotion that i have caused."

Mom sighed and looked at Gabe, she took a chair from my desk and sat on it and looked at us. "Gabe, you need to understand my boys. To them you and Ryder are preying on their little sister. You have no idea what is going on in their heads once they saw you kissing her, even Ryder got interrogated with them when he kissed Aurora at her welcome home party in the kitchen."

"What?" I heard Gabe say softly while looking shocked.

I was the same but mine was louder. "WHAT?!?!?!?!??! Wait! What?! They interrogated Ryder?!"

Mom then realised what she just said "Oops" she then grinned at us and looked at Gabe immediately. "So Gabe, if you do not mind, i am not kicking you out or anything but i think it's time for you to go home as i know by this time the boys would have already told their father and now he is going to come up these stairs and-"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!" Dad came bursting into the room while mom was calm and stood up from the chair and turned to face dad. "I told you that this would happen! Hey you, kid! Get the fuck out of my house! NOW!" Dad said as he was pointing down the stairs where the door is.

Gabe was already standing up till mom stopped him by gesturing him to sit down. Gabe did what she gestured to him to do and went up to dad and finally spoke to him. "Say one more thing to him, just try me please try me honey. It's okay, we know where the hospital is right? Try me, just try me and go over there and punch that kid and we will see who is stronger or meaner! Or even angrier!" she yelled at him as dad kept quiet immediately.

She then turned to Gabe and told him that she will accompany him down the stairs, away from my dad and brothers. Which was a pretty good idea.

All you need to know about my mom is that she is a very strict and very fierce woman. From what my dad told me about her past, besides me knowing that she is a witch also, is that she is the toughest woman you will ever meet.

And her being a housewife makes her even tougher and she will fucking lose it on anyone who looks down on housewives and househusbands. She takes pride in her role as a homemaker and a mother to her 4 kids. So just a warning to everyone who meets her or even to other housewives and houseshubands; DON'T FUCKING MESS WITH THEM!

Once mom was ready to send him down the stairs, I apologized to him for what my father and brothers said and did. He said it was okay and he understood why they did it because he has a little sister and he would have probably done the same thing if she had a boy in her room too. He actually apologised to my dad and softly apologised to my brothers which all of them have a neutral expression on their faces.

Everything was going well until that night while I was studying the magic spell book, when mom knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said.

Mom opened the door and walked towards my bed happily smiling at me. "Hey sweetheart, what are you doing there?" she asked me while looking at the page i was on.

"Oh, i was looking at this teleportation spell, i never really tried it yet. I know that we are still on the basics and flying and all, again being able to fly is still cool by the way." I heard and saw her chuckled at me. "But, i would also like to try teleportation." I tapped on the centre of the page.

"Well, with your powers and how far in your magic studies that you are on, I think you can do it easily, with practice of course. I would say you and Josh can be on the same page right now, from how you guys improved from day one. Why not? And I also think that Alex and Nick are not that far behind, maybe we can try it on our next lesson? Maybe on this weekend?"

"Really? Sure but i really thought that maybe i would like to try this sooner and maybe on my own this time?" I asked her.

I then heard her mumble something. "You are just like your mother."

"What? I'm just like you?"

"Oh nothing. What about we closed this book and you can go and sleep for now, it's getting late. You have school tomorrow. We will discuss this tomorrow and I would also like to discuss what happened today with you and......" she paused for a while. " Your father is joining me in the discussion too."

"Mom! Seriously?! What is this 'discussion' really about?" i asked

"Just say that you just need to prepare yourself with the awkwardnesses we are going to talk about once you get back from school tomorrow. I'm sorry sweetheart but we really need to talk about it."

I sighed. "Fine mom. Good night."

"Good night Aurora, sweet dreams my little princess." she said softly and then paused again. "Princess Aurora"

*Hmmm? Princess Aurora? She hasn't called me that since i was a kid. Oh well, maybe she is just switching things up on the nicknames she wants to call me. I have a fun mom, she really is a great mom.*

It then made me wonder something while I was laying on my bed.

*Hmmm.......... I wonder if my own biological mother is as fun and cool as mom. Wait! That dream I had about me as a baby....... And what Uncle Toni called me. 'Daddy's little girl?' Why would he call me that? And Aunt Isa does look exactly like me, but a few years older and paler. hmmmmmmm.*

My slow Ass slowly put every piece of the puzzle slowly together, from my appearance that looked similar to Aunt Isa and my skin tone and freckles from Uncle Toni. I went and remembered the dream and even if it was a blur in my mind but Aunt Isa's eyes, even the colour was so similar to mine.

I woke up immediately and turned on my lights and saw my reflection on my phone, and I remembered what Abuela said. She said that Toni had a twinkle in eyes when he saw me and a lot of people say that I look like Aunt Isa. and The timeline of Aunt Isa's disappearance and my appearance at mom and dad's door step. It matched.

Then it clicked while I was looking at myself. I felt so stupid not realizing the truth sooner and i am still shocked at what i have discovered now.

"I am Aunt Isa's and Uncle Toni's lost daughter?!"

And i also realized another discovery too, if i am their daughter that means......

"I am the princess of the Mystic Realm?!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! Finally, she got it?! It's about time!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think would happen next after Aurora figured out that who she is?

Find out in the next chapter of Aurora of the Phoenix!

Please like, comment and share this story with your friends and family who might love this story or loves to read.

Okay see you guys in the next Chapter! Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 6.3K 53
Darkness isn't just when you can't find the torch. It isn't only when there's no electricity and the moon's nowhere to be found. Darkness is a feeli...
123 3 19
A girl named Aurora keeps imagining events that have happened in the past while being chased by a boy who seems to know more than he leads on. Can th...
483 62 13
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...
2.7K 440 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...