Dania {18+}

By mindlessmazes

*Mature Content; Soft DDLG* New to Houston, medical school, and struggling with her anxiety, Dania gets a lit... More

Playlists
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Bonus #1: Jealousy makes the heart grow fonder... right?
Bonus #1.5: Tell me how good it feels to be needed

Chapter 16

71.3K 1.3K 1K
By mindlessmazes

I woke up past midday the next day.

Didn't I have classes today?

I checked my phone to see it was Friday.

Well, it was too late now.

I turned over to see that Reyn wasn't there. My muscles ached. I think it would've been easier to name surfaces in this room that he didn't have me pressed up against last night. But, leave it to him to still have energy the day after.

Had he gone to work?

Flipping the sheets off of me, I gingerly got out of bed with a groan. Every part of me protested and screamed at me to lay back down.

Standing in the closet I smiled at the fact that Reyn had sectioned part of it off for my clothes. A giddiness filled me from the sight of my clothes hung right beside his. I glided my hand across the various pieces. Light cottons, breathable linens, luscious velvets, rough sequins. Shivers traveled up my spine at the plethora of sensations.

I removed my hand and walked into the bathroom to brush and shower off any remnants of the night before. I dressed in a crocheted set and changed my bandages before venturing out and into the kitchen.

"Good afternoon, my sleeping beauty."

I started at the sudden noise before turning to see Reyn lounging on the couch, iPad in hand. His right ankle was propped on his left leg and his left arm rested along the top of the couch as he smiled at me.

"Are you hungry?" He continued.

I nodded before insisting I could fix something up for myself.

"Don't worry about it, princess. I worked you out quite hard yesterday. Let me have my turn." His hand brushed along the back of my neck as he walked by.

My skin burned at the reminder. I lifted a hand and rested it on the lower half of my face like a mask. Reyn glanced at me while he retrieved a few eggs from the fridge.

"You shy, baby? I don't recall you feeling this way yesterday when--," he continued to tease with a warm smile.

I ran up to him to cover his mouth. I pursed my lips when he kissed my palm followed by my forehead.

"Go sit down, little one. I'll be done in a few minutes."

Instead of sitting down, I hugged him from behind as he cracked the eggs into the pan. He chuckled, trying to look at me over his shoulder.

"Are you feeling okay? Hopefully not too sore?" His tone changed from teasing to laced with concern. "We probably should have waited longer... you just left the hospital yesterday." His hand tightened around the spatula.

I rested my hands on his waist and pressed a kiss onto his back.

"I'm fine, Daddy. Really. Just a little sore; but I suppose that's to be expected."

"Still, baby." He huffed. I sighed; he was always so tough on himself.

I wedged myself between him and the stove, forcing him to take a step back. He looked down at me full of curiosity. I grabbed his face and pulled it down to mine. I lifted myself up on my tiptoes to press my lips against his.

"I'm okay. Truly, Daddy. So don't be mad okay? If I really wasn't ready I would have stopped you." My eyes bore into his, trying with all my might to get my point across to him. He sighed and cradled my face with a hand.

"You promise?"

"On my life," I swore to him.

"Hmmm, and we both know how important that is." He replied, his eyebrows furrowing.

He reached around me to stir the eggs in the pan. The other arm pressed me close to him. I relaxed into him. It was so good to spend the day together like this. Which reminded me...

"How come you're not at work?"

"Baby, you'd be crazy to think that I'd leave you here to rest alone after what happened Wednesday." He looked down at me intently before sliding the eggs onto an empty plate.

He carried the plate and a fork in one hand and guided me to the island with the other. He sat me in his lap and proceeded to feed me. I watched adoringly as he blew on it before feeding me each bite.

He usually wasn't this touchy but I supposed with everything that had happened recently he wanted me close. I could hardly blame him. I don't think I was ready to be left alone anytime soon anyway. The way he cared for me brought me so much comfort. Without him, I was sure I wouldn't feel so calm. He grounded me, and that meant more to me than I could ever put into words.

Once he finished feeding me, he sat me in his lap back on the couch facing him. I leaned into him, while he continued to read off of his iPad over my shoulder and mark things every now and then. He paused and leaned further back into the couch to address me.

"I almost forgot... you still have to give your statement to the police. When do you want to do that?"

I thought about it for a second, tilting my head to the side.

"I suppose now would be fine. The sooner the better right? Shall I go change now?" I leaned back to look at him. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I'll call them here. You need to rest," he stated simply before putting the phone to his ear and calling the station.

About an hour later the police were knocking at the door. We sat in the living room. One of the officers sat in the chair by the couch as his partner stood beside him. Reyn sat to my right, grasping my hand for comfort.

"Miss Qadir, could you please explain what happened the other day?"

I went through the events as I remembered them up until I passed out and woke up in the hospital. My hands shook as I described the terror when the men grabbed me and it took everything in me to fight back despite my sleep deprivation. Reyn's free hand came to rest on the small of my back in support.

"You're okay, baby. You're safe now." He cradled and soothed me. I nuzzled into his chest.

"Have you found anything?" I heard him ask, his chest rumbling under me.

"Weirdly enough, the scene was completely cleaned up by the time we got there. We tried sweeping for prints or DNA but the area was completely clean. The security cameras didn't capture anything helpful and the plates on the car match your friend's. Was his name Sylvan? Something like that..."

"You got nothing? What do you mean the scene was clean?" Reyn's voice dropped maliciously. "You're telling me that it took you so long to investigate, that someone was able to thoroughly clean the entire area before you got there?" He seethed.

"I--I suppose that's true, sir." The policeman's voice wavered under Reyn's glare.

"Get the fuck out. Now." He demanded. "And don't even fucking think about coming back unless you have something useful." He threatened as they rushed to leave.

"This is why I didn't even bother asking them to provide protection. Fucking useless and incompetent." He muttered to himself.

I brushed my hand down his chest in an effort to calm him down and pressed a kiss just above his pecs. He glanced down at me and wrapped his arms tightly around me. His face buried into my hair breathing in the scent before letting out a sigh.

"Sylv called me this morning. He'll be bringing your new bodyguard in a few hours." He mumbled, his lips brushing the top of my head.

"Today?" I leaned back and looked at him in surprise, "a few hours?"

"What's wrong, princess?" He looked at me concerned.

"I don't know, it's just weird to think that I'll have someone I don't really know following me around all the time. I mean I know it's for my safety, but the concept is just..." I trailed off, leaning back into his chest.

"I know, babygirl. But if it's what needs to be done to keep you safe, then I will not compromise." He whispered back.

I nodded in agreement. It wouldn't help to have him always worrying about me. He had his work to focus on, too.

"Anyways, you wanna order something for lunch? I don't really feel like cooking something right now?" I nodded against his chest. His hand brushed through my hair.

"What are you thinking?" I tilted my head up.

"Hmmm, I'm craving kebabs. How about you?"

I giggled and replied that that sounded good while Reyn fiddled with the delivery app on his phone. In the meantime, I emailed my professors about the situation. Reyn, being the psychic that he is, forwarded me a note from the physician to excuse me.

I probably wouldn't get responses until Monday by which time I'd be back in class anyways.

"Will my bodyguard be attending classes with me?" I peered at Reyn curiously.

"I have a meeting with your dean on Monday. That's the plan. He'll be attending your classes as a student. Other times he'll be more of a driver so it won't be so obvious."

They had clearly thought this through.

"I can have my dad pay for this." I offered. "None of this is your fault; it shouldn't be your problem. It's not fair."

His hand came to rest on my cheek.

"Look at me." My eyes lifted up to his. "As long as it has anything to do with you, it's my problem, too. And money? Don't worry about that, baby. You never have to worry about that with me. Okay?" He pressed his lips gently to mine.

"Are you sure?" I urged.

"Positive, love."

Shivers covered my arms. I loved when he called me that. It made me think that maybe he could actually come to be in love with me one day. I could only hope.

"Let me know if you change your mind, okay?" I reassured him.

He hummed in response and tapped at the tip of my nose.

A few minutes later, a knock on the door sounded. Reyn lifted me off his lap and went to meet the delivery man at the door. Shutting the door, he walked over to the island and placed the food there. With a sharp tilt of his head, he beckoned me over. He laid out the food before grabbing two plates and sets of silverware.

I sat down next to him and arranged food on both of our plates. A few kebabs, some rice, and a scoop of potatoes. I looked at him and asked him if he wanted anything else.

"That's perfect, baby." He smiled at me while caressing the back of my head.

We ate, periodically exchanging words. He told me more about his trip and lamented over my time with Sylv. We danced around the obvious, telling each other all the details of our time apart. Hidden within those details were the words 'I wish you were there with me.'

As we finished eating, he wove his fingers through my hair.

"Next time I have to go on a trip, you're coming with me." He vainly promised. Despite its impossibility, I giggled and nodded. The thought was enough for me; even if it most likely wouldn't be possible for me to travel with him.

We were in the middle of watching Rupaul's Drag Race when the doorbell rang. I made the motion to get up before Reyn stopped me and went to answer. I followed behind him closely. I peeked over his shoulder while he looked through the peephole. He opened the door to reveal Sylv accompanied by a buff man dressed in all black. The man had his legs slightly apart, with his hands clasped in front of him. Tattoo sleeves covered his arms; I thought I even saw one curling up his neck. He looked intimidating.

"Reyn. Babe." Sylv greeted. Pushing past Reyn and jumping over the back of the couch to take a seat. "This is Orion. He's an elite ex-military soldier. Delta Force, to be exact. So more than capable of protecting Dania."

Reyn and I were sitting on the loveseat by the couch. The man- Orion- sat on the chair to the other side of the couch.

"Why did you leave the military?" Reyn asked.

"Personal reasons-- family," Orion answered, succinct. Reyn tilted his head in understanding.

"I suppose Sylv had filled you in on the situation." With an affirmative nod from Sylv, Reyn continued. "Alright, so how do you recommend we proceed?"

Orion assessed me quickly.

"Do you have any self-defense training?"

I shook my head before considering, "I did taekwondo for a couple of years when I was younger, but I barely remember any of it."

He nodded and looked back at Reyn.

"Obviously, I'll be accompanying her at all times when she is outside the house. Would you prefer I stay here, as well?" Orion's face did not reveal any emotion. It was hard finding even a semblance of a care in his eyes or from his body language. His tone was level, firm, and unwavering. It was going to take me time to adjust to him.

"I don't think that's necessary." Reyn's arm wrapped around my waist. "Whenever I'm not able to be with her, that's where you come in. So school. There and back. Anytime I have to go on errands, I'll let you know my schedule the day before so you can plan accordingly."

Orion leaned back into the chair with his arms interlocked over his chest. He nodded in response.

"Sounds good. Have you gotten any new messages?" His arms loosened a bit as he addressed me.

I shook my head back and forth.

"If anything new happens, you gotta make sure to let me know, okay?"

My hands tightened around Reyn's upper arm. He looked down at me and squeezed my waist.

"Okay," I softly replied. A soft smile flashed briefly across Orion's tense face. It seemed forced; it was unnerving. I watched on guard as he brushed his hand over his short hair. The veins in his arm bulged as his muscles flexed. I doubted there was even a trace of fat on his body. My assessment was interrupted by Reyn's gravelly voice.

"I'll be having a meeting with the dean the day after tomorrow. You can come along so we can explain the situation. I'm thinking that having you attend as if you were a student would be the least conspicuous way to have you in the same classes as her."

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Orion leaned forward, elbow to his knee, so his head rested on his hand.

Sylv looked up from where he scrolled on his phone to address me.

"Why don't you get to know him better, babe. Don't be scared he doesn't bite. You guys are going to be spending a lot of time together anyway." He chuckled as I shrunk into Reyn's side. Reyn's hold tightened on me.

"So, your name is Orion? Like the constellation?"

"That would be correct." He extended his hand out for me to shake.

"Go on, babygirl," Reyn encouraged softly, his hand digging a little too much into my side. He released his grip when I began to squirm and looked at him accusingly with a pout.

"I'm Dania," I offered as I placed my hand in his. The firm grip he had, sent shivers up my arm. He could probably muster up enough strength to pulverize my hand if he had so pleased. "But, you could call me Dani, if you'd like," I added hesitantly.

"It's nice to meet you, Dani. I understand you're in medical school? Those lectures must be rough." He finally showed emotion in the slight furrow of his brows. He clearly wasn't keen on sitting in on my lectures. Guilt ate at me. Even I could barely make it through them. He probably hates me for making him go through something so boring.

"They are. I think I have a headache by the end of each day. But you could probably just watch movies or something on your laptop," I suggested, "it's not like you'd have to sit for the exams or anything."

"Hmm, maybe," he considered, "I'll see. It could be interesting. I had to learn anatomy when I was training to fight. You know-- pressure points, knowing to hit where it hurts, and then basic first-aid. I might even be able to follow the lectures a little."

"Pressure points?" Now he had piqued my interest. I had always been interested in pressure points. The idea that we had areas of our bodies that were so sensitive and vulnerable was crazy to me.

"Yup," he popped the 'p' at the end. I clapped my hands once in excitement holding them clasped in front of my chest.

"Do you think you could teach me about them?" I asked with raised eyebrows and wide eyes.

"Sure, it would be good for you to learn some basic self-defense just in case," He sat up and straightened his shoulders getting into instructor mode. "Some important pressure points to know are the temple, the eyes, the neck where you'd take your pulse, where your neck meets your shoulder, the adam's apple, the jaw, the groin. Those are probably the easiest to target in a fight." He patiently explained and showed me the exact locations of the areas on his own body.

I mirrored his actions and noticed how tender those spots were to the touch. I was so intent on absorbing everything he told me that I didn't even notice Reyn get up to take a phone call.

"So do you have to press and hold there? Or do you just hit them there?"

"You'd want to hit them there, but pressure points require speed and precision. It would be more useful for you to know generally disorienting places to hit someone." He considered after some thought.

"Could you help me practice? Tomorrow maybe?" I hoped it wouldn't be too much to request of him.

"You guys could use my gym. You train there anyway so you should be familiar," Sylv offered before turning to Orion. He moved to sit on the couch beside me, joining the conversation.

"Thanks," Orion replied curtly.

"Damn, Orion. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought you didn't mean that." Sylv furrowed his brows in faux affront.

Orion just leaned back and huffed, running his hand over his overgrown crew cut.

Orion. Or-ion. Orrrion. Orrrreo.

I leaned over to whisper into Sylv's ear.

"Do you think he'd mind if I called him Oreo? Wouldn't it be fun?" I leaned back to look him in the eye, my hand resting on my chest.

"Babe, only you would want to call a man who's practically a killing machine some cute little nickname." He laughed.

Orion looked at us blankly. He illustrated his confusion with a carefully controlled lift of his eyebrow.

"D-do you... I mean would you mind if I called you Oreo?" I watched with apprehension before a smile spread across his features, for the first time.

"Only if you let me call you Rapunzel, you know with your long hair and all that," he reasoned.

"Damn, babe, you're just racking up these nicknames, aren't you?" Sylv nudged me with his elbow making me giggle.

"Deal!" I exclaimed happily, putting my hand out for a fist bump.

***

A/N Smh seems like the cops aren't bringing their A-game. We're gonna have to wait and see if they can find anything...

What are your first thoughts about Orion aka Oreo?

I hope each and every one of you is eating well and drinking lots of water! If you haven't yet then what are you waiting for?! Go. Go now. Only the best for my lovely readers! (3k reads?!?! You guys are the best)

Lots of love.

Madhu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...