The Switch {EarthMix}

נכתב על ידי real__ia

Earth is in a happy relationship with his boyfriend of six months, when he suddenly proposes something: What... עוד

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
Call for Beta Readers

14.

1.6K 103 11
נכתב על ידי real__ia

<< So since many people wanted a new chapter and I needed to move to a different story anyway... welcome to the new chapter yaaayyyy. I know it's uncommon for me to start a chapter with a note, but I'd be very greatful if you leave a vote or comments here, should you enjoy this new chapter.

It always cheers me on a lot seeing you guys liking what I write, and it kinda pulls me out of my cave to write more and more.... does that sound weird? - Maybe. Am I weird? - Probably.

Aaaanywaaaay... yea I am gonna stick to this story for now and make some progress on it (After sleeping almost the entire day yesterday, that sounds like a good plan :D )

Thank you for supporting me and my stories, and I hope you check some of my other books out if you like my writing.

Love, Ia ♡♡♡ >>

Though he contemplated a moment about going home earlier as well, Earth decided against it and the two of them spent the rest of the evening just watching a movie and cleaning up the whole place. Surely, with three people living there it was much messier and dirtier than when it was Vee alone, though Mix tried his best to bring the two others to keep the place tidy and organised... it just didn't work. Earth was a complete disaster when it came to cleaning up, while Vee was just really unorganised... you could surely call them the perfect match when it came to Mix' worst nightmares: a chaotic place and stuff everywhere. Well, it wasn't that bad actually, just not how the youngest liked it normally.

Once they were completely done with cleaning the apartment, both of them took a shower and later laid down togethe rin Vee's bed, trying to get some really needed sleep.

"Your final exams are coming closer, aren't they?"

Vee turned to lay on his side so that he could face his friend, who was currently staring at the ceiling and thinking about the conversation he would have with Pan tomorrow.

"Mh yea... I think it's like.. seven or eight weeks away? To tell you the exact dates of all the exams, I'd need my planner... it's just a little too far in the future to remember the dates just yet... "

"Well mine is already in a month and I am not looking forward to it... psychology is really interesting you know, but our exams are really difficult..."

"Says the one who was in the top five of your whole grade last year , " Earth chuckled and could just shake his head, before turning in Vee's direction. "I never asked you that before... but why did you decide to study psychology? Was it something you were always interested in?"

The older grew silent after hearing Earth's question, his eyes moving away from him and looking right ahead at the wall. It was almost as if he had asked the wrong question, as if there was something that Vee didn't want to tell him, even if they had been friends for more than two years and though they had this deep friendship with each other. Earth was about to change or repeat his question, when Vee finally looked at him again, letting out a small sigh.

"I knew someone who had a mental illness... and wanted ot be able to help people like him, so that they would suffer less, " he said softly and gave his friend a sad smile.

"What about Mix? Since you said you two have been friends since you were children did he..."

"Yea he knew that person too. Our reasons for studying psychology aren't exactly the same but... they are similar enough."

Earth slowly nodded, turning back on his back to look at the ceiling while digesting the information. This was probably as far as he could ask, while not overstepping any bounderies and respecting the other two's privacy... both Vee and Mix would surely tell him at some point about this, but just digging his way in to get those information right now, when Vee seemingly tried his best to give vague information just felt wrong. It felt a little as if you secretly spied on someone and would follow them around, only to confront them later with your secret knowledge... being curious was okay but invading someone's privacy and kind of forcing them until they gave you an answer? No, he didn't want to do something like that. It felt wrong.

"Thank you for sharing that with me P'Vee... but it's late now so let's try to get some sleep yea?"

.

.

.

.

No matter what he tried though, Earth just couldn't find himself getting the amount of sleep he wanted to, turning from one side to the other and still waking up every two hours. It just seemed as if the thoughts about the upcoming conversation had his mind so occupied, that sleep didn't seem to be on the to-do list for this night.

Turning around another time, he carefully pulled his phone to himself and carefully covered his head with the blanket, so that he could use his phone without waking up Vee. But once he pressed the button and his screen illuminated, Earth was quick to close his eyyes due to the brightness of it. Why the hell had he decided again to turn up the illumination? Did he had a dead wish?

Thankfully Vee turned to the other direction in that moment and he could let a small sigh escape his lips, before slowly opening his eyes until he had adjusted them to the bright screen and could turn down the brightness to a comfortable level. But once he had adjusted it, his eyes fell on a notification and it didn't even take Earth a single second to click on it, curious to read the rest of the message he had gotten earlier from Mix:

Ai'Mix:

Hey Earth :),

Ming and I finished talking about everything a couple of minutes ago and I wanted to tell you first what we decided on, because you're my friend and our decision will influence you too...
We decided to work on our relationship and to end the Partner switch, since it just brings distance between us and makes it difficult to be the best partner for each other. Ming decided he will stop meeting other people and we won't be having an open relationship anymore...

If I am honest, I never thought this could be even an option, since it has been like this for a long time... and I can't help but feel that his decision to give it all up and focus on us is a little sudden. But as I said, we went through a lot together and all the memories I have with him mean a lot for me.

Still, I am very greatful that we had this Partner-switch, beause it gave me the opportunity to become your friend, and if you're okay with it, I'd love to continue being friends with you. I really enjoyed all the times we hung out together and you are really a comfortable person to be around... so I hope you still want to be friends with me, even when this switch ends.

If you want to, maybe we could hang out again Friday afternoon? What do you think?

While reading Mix' text message, Earth went through a million of feelings that first started crawling out from his heart before suddenly bursting and a new one appearing in the old one's place. If he was really honest, he was glad that the two of them had decided to end the switch. Of course, once he broke up with Pan he would have been out of it anyway, but still... the switch was the only reason why they still were a couple so with it being gone... maybe Pan would also understand that their relationship wasn't how it used to be, that the love and the feeling of wanting to be together had just disappeared over time until Earth couldn't feel any of it from his boyfriend anymore.

Though the thing he was most happy about, was the fact that Mix wanted to tell him all of this beforehand. He didn't want him to sit in the dark and just get to know about this from a third person, but rather tell him about it directly... and even though they weren't 'obligated' to meet each other anymore, Mix still wanted to hang out with him and seemingly liked spending time together too.

Earth couldn't help but smile brightly about this, his fingers slowly typing a reply to his friend that he could send out a little later this morning. He couldn't just put a message out at 3 in the morning... what if Mix had his notifications turned on loud and would wake up?

Hey Mix,

Thank you for giving me a message and telling me about all of this beforehand. I'm glad you and Nong Ming decided to work on your relationship and to end the switch. I was going to go home later today anyway and have a talk with Pan anyway and I'll make sure to talk with him about it as well.

I really enjoyed all the time we spent together as well and If I am honest with you, I would be sad if we went back to being strangers. You are really a nice person to be around and I hope we will be friends for a long time.

Friday afternoon works for me, what do you think about meeting right after classes and then doing whatever you are in the mood for?

Earth was about to finish checking on the text, if his drained brain had made spelling mistakes or typos, when he accidentally hit send... and the message went out.

"Shit!"

"Ugh Earth can't you be quiet..." A person whined next to him and he slowly lifted the blanket from his head, carefully glancing over to a very annoyed looking Vee, that could barely hold his eyes open.

"I know you have a lot going through your head but... please it's not even light ouside..."

"Sorry Vee , " Earth smiled back apologetically and put his phone on the nightstand before laying down in the bed again and turning to Vee. "Did you just wake up?"

"No, you throwing yourself from one side to the other all the time keeps me from getting some sleep... It's been like this the whole time but I thought, if I stayed quiet long enough you would just... yea I guess no sleep for tonight."

The older slowly sat up in the bed, leaning against the headrest of the bed while yawning a couple of times and then finally looking down to Earth again. The younger was looking a little guilty, knowing that Vee had slept on the couch the last couple of nights while Mix and him enjoyed the soft bed, of course without anything happening... but well, the couch wasn't really comfortable to sleep on and no matter how late or early they went to bed, Vee always had dark rings under his eyes...

"I'm sorry for that... I really tried to fall asleep but just ... I don't know. I am sure about my decision about Pan, but it still feels weird. We did date for more than half a year... and aditionally to him not being in my life anymore after we break up, I also have to think about something to solve this apartment problem..."

"You signed it together, didn't you?"

Earth slowly nodded, sitting up himself and leaning back with closed eyes.

After the first couple of months living in a dorm, he had decided to rent a small place himself... and through his former roommate he had gotten to know of Nong Pan, who was commuting back and forth between his parent's house and university at that point. Thinking it would be nice to have a roommate there too... Earth had reached out to the younger and they soon decided on a place together and moved in.

Well and at some point while leaving together, the two of them had thrown a party and got so drunk that one thing led to the next.... and somehow they ended up dating. If Earth now looked back on this whole thing, he couldn't even remember anymore how it all started or why they suddenly ended up dating each other, Pan and him being so different from one another.

They didn't share any hobbies or something, the only real thing the two had in common being to draw... but that was it. Oh and food of course. But beside that?

"I don't even remember why we started dating you know... now that I think back about all of it, I barely remember us doing things together or going on dates... isn't it weird?"

Vee chuckled a little and then turned his head with a raised eyebrow, as if saying ' I told you, but you didn't want to listen ' .

"You know that happens to people when they fall in love... it makes them irrational quite often. Doing things they normally never would, taking risks... or only wanting to see the good things. It's not your fault that this happened to you too... "

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

10.8K 617 22
"𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸...
23.6K 801 11
Of all the question Mix hated the most to answer is: "What is your present relationship status?" ( ) SINGLE ( ) IN A RELATIONSHIP ( ) MARRIED (...
37.4K 1.4K 73
Some men can be born with the capacity to get pregnant, others do not, what Earth did not know is that he was born with this capacity. Kao and Earth...
4.8K 440 15
It's just been a week since Mix started his semester for the Veterinary Medicine Course and he had to take a leave for his wedding. His world changes...