An Impromptu Rescue

By Lana_Organa

When Regina is about to be executed, by her own knights no less, she starts to give up on the idea of getting... More

Queen in Distress
Being Conscious
The Lion Tattoo
Hidden Meaning
Healing Hearts
Inner Conflictions
A Dual Compromise
Plan Initiation
Embezzlement and Carnage
Saving the Outlaws
Taking a Moment
A Trail For Two
Veiled Affection
Her Final Decision
End of the Road
A Heart's Turmoil
No More Hiding
Out in the Air
The Beginning of the End
A Fork in the Road

The Road to Love

85 10 5
By Lana_Organa

A/N: I am so sorry it took me so long to update and all I'm going to say is that my life was unbearably busy over the past 2 months.

So, if you're still reading this I hope you'll really like this chapter.

Enjoy! :)

____________________________________________________________

Robin smiles as he sits on a fallen log near the makeshift fire, his fingertips brushing over his lips. The same lips Wilma had just kissed. God, he's never felt anything like it. Even now his heart flutters as he recalls how right it felt to have her soft and full lips against his.

Sighing, the blue-eyed man brings his gaze over to the tent where the brunette is currently sleeping and a smile forms on his lips. That woman really is something he muses.

He knows he's already falling for her, after all the thief cannot deny the strong pull he feels towards the brown-eyed beauty, especially since she consumes the majority of his thoughts. He can't quite put his finger on it, but this connection he feels is becoming deeper than anything he has ever felt before.

However, as his gaze drifts back to the weakening fire, Robin feels he should remain cautious when displaying his affections. Because even though Wilma clearly reciprocates his feelings the blue-eyed man must remind himself to be patient. After all whatever is blooming between them is still fresh and new and the outlaw doesn't want to run the risk of scaring the brown-eyed woman off.

It won't be easy, considering how the blue-eyed man has become so intrigued with the woman his lips and heart are in no rush to forget.

But Robin already knows that he will do whatever it takes for her to remain in his life, and her in his and that no matter what his role is in her life may be, he vows to give her the life she so desperately deserves.

So, it's with these thoughts and a smile on his lips that the thief douses the fire before pulling the flap aside and entering the tent to gain some sleep.

____________________________________________________________

When Robin wakes it's to the singing of birds, so the blue-eyed man takes a moment to revel in the music of the forest as he stretches out his sleep-stiffened limps. Suddenly his nose becomes aware of the delicious smell that's currently wafting through the small opening of the tent and upon opening his eyes, he notices that the makeshift cot on the other side of the tent is empty. Assuming that Wilma had taken it upon herself to prepare some breakfast, the outlaw throws back the blankets and moves through the tent's flap.

Upon exiting, Robin takes another inhale of the appetising scent before a loud yawn escapes his lips.

"Well, look who's finally woken up." murmurs a familiar raspy voice.

Immediately, the thief turns his head, only for his blue eyes to find a pair of brown ones already gazing back at him with playful glint that shines within them. "Apologies, milady," he replies with a smile as his eyes glance down to the smirk on her lips, "but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try some of your cooking."

"So, you're telling me you slept in on purpose?" the brunette asks, cocking an eyebrow and moving closer to him as he gives a small nod in response. "Well, I'm sorry to say that I haven't done much cooking this morning." she admits with a chuckle.

"That's a shame," Robin pouts, "I was looking forward to it."

"I'll bet you were." the brown-eyed woman murmurs, wrapping her arms his neck and the outlaw doesn't hesitate to take the opportunity to wrap his own around her waist. "How about I make us something later instead?" Wilma asks, her fingers playing with a few strands at the base of his neck.

He pretends to think of it for a moment before allowing his lips pull into a grin, "I suppose I can allow it."

"Good." she replies, a grin of her own pulling at her lips.

Not wanting to waste another moment, Robin pulls her flush against him and lowers his lips to meet hers. Her response is immediate, her arms tightening their hold around his neck as she firmly kisses him back with a moan. Savouring how right it feels to be kissing her in this moment, the blue-eyed man gently nips at her bottom lip to request entrance into her mouth. She gives it eagerly, parting her lips to allow his tongue into the deeper recesses of her mouth. Enjoying the feel of her tongue sliding against his, the thief moves one of his hands to tangle within the tresses of her long hair before gently tilting her head to an angle that allows him to deepen the kiss.

It is only when his lungs burn with the need for air that Robin pulls away, unable to resist giving her lips one last tender peck as he does so before bumping her nose with his.

"And what was that for exactly?" Wilma pants, shifting her forehead to rest against his.

Moving his hand to stroke the apple of her cheek, the thief states, "A true gentleman never passes up the opportunity for a good morning kiss."

"That was some good morning kiss." the brunette replies with a breathless chuckle.

Letting a chuckle of his own pass his lips, Robin hooks a finger underneath her chin to bring her gaze level with his, "Can I hope there'll be more in the future?"

"I don't know." the brunette smirks, her gaze drifting down to his lips before meeting his blue orbs once again, "I may need some convincing."

Leaning forward so that their lips are only inches apart, the thief murmurs, "Allow me to sway your heart, milady."

Catching how the corner of her lips turn into a grin, the outlaw pulls Wilma impossibly closer and closes the remaining gap between them. He wastes no time in running his tongue over her lips and once again the brunette grants him entrance, her tongue moving to reengage his in the slow dance they had stopped only moments before. Encouraged by her soft moans, Robin kisses her harder and deeper, pouring all of the emotions he cannot yet express into the kiss.

"How was that?" Robin asks upon pulling away as his right hand moves to cup her cheek once more.

"Pretty good." the brown-eyed woman mumbles with a smile.

The thief chuckles at her reply – clearly his kiss was good enough to make her near-speechless. "Good enough to convince you?" the thief presses, leaning his head forward to meet hers.

The brunette merely hums in response, but before he can question her any further she presses her lips to his. Robins responds immediately by gently kissing her back, the hand on her cheek moving to cup the back of her head. They continue to kiss with just as much passion as the last, taking the time the delve and explore the crevices of each other's mouths.

"Definitely." Wilma mumbles against his lips before giving them one last peck and pulling away. "You want something to eat?" she asks, giving his hand a tender squeeze and moving over to where a small fire burns.

"Yes please, milady." Robin replies, smirking as he follows her towards the log she was previously sat upon. However, his face soon crinkles into an expression of puzzlement as the brunette hands him a bowl of stew, "I thought you said you hadn't done much cooking."

"I haven't really." she replies with a small shrug as she sits next to him, "I essentially used the leftovers from last night's meal before adding a few more carrots and potatoes into the mix."

"Well, I'm sure it tastes as good as it smells." he says, lifting a spoonful to his mouth as he hears her chuckle from beside him. Upon tasting the brew, he lets out a genuine hum of appreciation, "This is good."

"You're just saying that." Wilma murmurs as she ducks her head.

"No, I'm serious!" the thief protests, turning to face the woman as he consumes another mouthful, "This is the best stew I've ever tasted."

Glancing up at him, she asks, "You really think so?"

Robin smirks and reaches over to grab her hand, "Let's just say that this stew puts Little John's cooking to shame."

The brunette laughs in response and the blue-eyed man swears the sound is music to his ears. "I find that hard to believe." she manages in between giggles, her head coming to rest on his right shoulder. "You're such a flatterer."

"That may be milady," he admits as he continues to devour the brew, "but I also speak nothing nut the truth."

Chuckling once again, Wilma turns her head to look up at him. "You really used this trip as an excuse to get me alone, huh?" she asks with a playful glint in her eye.

"I suppose I did." Robin replies, gazing into the depths of her whiskey brown orbs, "Is that such a bad thing?"

She merely shakes her head as a broad grin spreads across her lips, "No, no it's not."

"Good." he mumbles before pressing his lips to hers once more. And in that moment as her smiling lips move against his, that the outlaw is overcome with the realisation that Wilma is his second chance at love.

And he'll be damned if he ever lets her get away.

____________________________________________________________

Once Robin had finished his breakfast and after allowing themselves a few more minutes to cuddle, they both agreed that they should start moving. So, working together, the thief and the disguised queen were able to quickly strip their makeshift camp and before they knew it, they had mounted their horses and were on their way.

As they make their way down the forest trail, Regina can't help replaying the events of what had happened that morning, causing an involuntary grin spreads across her lips. God I should've listened to that stupid fairy, she says to herself as she glances over to where Robin is riding slightly ahead of her. If she had been strong enough to accept the idea of a new beginning, she could have already spent many mornings in the thief's arms. But regret isn't going to get anyone anywhere, she muses, all that's left to do is enjoy the moments we can share now.

The brunette sighs as she recalls how domestic it had felt to prepare breakfast for herself and Robin and exchange languid morning kisses. In all honesty, Regina had given up on the idea of living a simple life the day Daniel had died, firmly believing that she would never find someone she could care for in the way she had for her stable boy.

Oh boy was she wrong.

Ever since she began to realise that certain dormant feelings were stirring within her; she couldn't wait to get as far away from Robin as possible. But now, that is the last thing that Regina would ever consider doing. Yes, it might sound absolutely crazy but within her heart she already knows that she would do anything so long as it meant that she was able to stay with him. Because despite the fact that they've only known each other for just a little over the span of a week, Regina cannot deny that she has fallen in love with the outlaw. And even though she doesn't know the full extent of his own feelings towards her, she's more than certain that Robin's caring for her is almost, if not just as strong as hers is for him.

And that's exactly what scares her.

After all the thief hasn't seen her for who she really is despite the fact that he claims otherwise. And even though she has tried to be as truthful as possible, the disguised queen is more than worried as to how he'll react when she reveals her true identity to him. This anxiety has only increased ever since he recounted the events of that peculiar dream. Regina can't help but wonder if it's a warning of sorts, almost as if some part of Robin has already figured out her biggest secret and is now trying to alert himself to the horror of who she really is.

Suddenly, the brunette feels a firm squeeze of her hand, effectively pulling her out of her reverie and causing her to look down at the hand that has now grasped one of her own. It is only then as that she realises that they've come to a halt. Upon lifting her head, the brown-eyed woman notices how Robin is gazing at her with an expression thoroughly laced with concern as he asks, "Is everything alright?"

Almost instantly Regina opens her mouth to respond with her usual I'm fine, but shuts it just as quickly upon determining it's useless with this man – especially since how in such a short amount of time he's already managed to get to know her quite well.

"I was just thinking." the brunette replies instead.

"You seem to be doing a lot of that lately." the thief murmurs gently as his thumb gently rubs over her knuckles.

She simply shrugs as she turns away from the intensity of his gaze.

Tightening his grip on her hand, Robin asks, "What is it that's troubling you, milady?"

Regina internally winces at the desperation she detects within his tone. How is she supposed to tell him that she's the very evil that his subconscious is trying to warn him about?

When she remains silent, the brown-eyed woman feels a finger hook underneath her chin so that her gaze meets his. "You know you can tell me anything, Wilma."

"I'll tell you, Robin, I promise," the disguised queen vows, "but it's just that-I-I can't-I mean, I'm not-"

"Hey, hey it's ok." Robin says quickly, clearly noticing her distress. He then moves his hand to gently cup her cheek, "You'll tell me when you're ready."

Feeling the familiar burn of tears prick at the back of her eyes, Regina closes them and allows herself to lean into his comforting touch. "I want to tell you." she insists with a shaky tone.

"I know." the thief murmurs, "But somehow I get the feeling that now isn't quite the right time."

Confused, the brunette opens her eyes, "And why is that?"

"Well, milady," he replies with a smirk as his hand lowers to once again grasp her own, "it appears that we have reached a perfect stretch of the trail that's fit for a race."

Was he being serious? Scoffing, Regina glares at him with a befuddled expression, "You're joking right?"

Returning her gaze with a serious one of his own, he asks, "Why would I be joking?"

"So, you're serious?" the brown-eyed woman questions as her eyebrows raise in further disbelief.

"Oh, I am dead serious."

Noting how his expression hasn't changed, Regina partially caves, "Okay, okay wait, let me get this straight, you want us to race right now?"

"Yep. And so we can make things a bit more interesting, how about we put a wager on it?" Robin asks, clearly firm in his decision.

The brunette can't help but to shake her head in amusement at his reply and completely relents, "Alright, you've got my attention."

"Thought so." he murmurs, giving her hand a tender squeeze before releasing it to once again grasp his reins.

"So, what'll the merger be?" she questions, allowing a small smirk to form on her lips.

"Hmm, let's say if I win, you have to prepare breakfast tomorrow morning." the outlaw suggests, and Regina doesn't miss the playful glint shining within his blue orbs.

"Alright." she smiles with a nod of her head, "And if I win, you'll owe me a nicely cooked dinner once we get to your camp." she declares, her smile widening into a grin.

"Are you asking me on a date?" Robin whispers in her ear upon leaning closer.

"Maybe." she admits with a shrug of her shoulders. "But that doesn't mean you can lose on purpose." the brown-eyed woman adds, turning to narrow her eyes at him.

"I wouldn't dream of it." he replies with a smirk before leaning away from her, "So where shall we race to?"

In response to his question, Regina shifts her gaze to scan the road ahead of them, "Is there a clearing further up?"

"Yes," he clarifies, "it's only a few hundred yards from here."

"Then that shall be our destination." the disguised queen declares with a decisive nod of her head.

"Well then, milady," Robin says, "may the best rider win."

"Oh, I will." she replies as she tightens her grip on the reins and urges her mare into a trot before stating, "Ready...set...go!" She hears the outlaw call out an Oi from where he is behind her, however Regina doesn't hesitate in easing her horse into a full gallop.

After a few seconds, the outlaw nearly manages to catch up with her, almost matching her stride for stride. But Regina doesn't let him as she shifts her weight upon the mare's back so she can lean forward ever so slightly. The brunette then digs her heels into her horse's flank to urge her to go faster. Almost instantly, they pick up speed and effectively leave Robin behind. The brown-eyed woman utters words of encouragement into her mare's ears as the forest continues to fly past them.

Suddenly, the clearing comes into her line of sight and Regina continues to urge her horse forward. Just as they're about to cross into the clearing, the brunette notices the thief making a last attempt to catch up with her out the corner of her eye. But once again, she doesn't let him as she gently pulls on her reins and urges the mare to cut into his path.

Almost instantly, the blue-eyed man pulls on his own reins to slow down the pace of his own horse, leaving Regina to break out into the clearing victorious and with a giant grin on her face.

Laughing, she brings her mare to a halt before dismounting and turning to face Robin as he eases his own gelding to a stop.

"You cheated." the thief claims as his lips form into a pout.

Crossing her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes, the brunette scoffs, "I did not."

"You cut in front of me." he states, swiftly dismounting from his horse.

"That is not cheating." she replies, arching an eyebrow as she makes her way over to him, "It was simply a last-minute manoeuvre. Besides, didn't you want me to win?"

His expression instantly turns sheepish as he mutters, "...Well, yes but-"

"Then what seems to be the problem?" Regina asks with a slight chuckle.

"I was really looking forward to that breakfast." Robin admits.

Giving a slight shake of her head, the disguised queen laughs, "Is that what this is all about?"

The thief merely lowers his head in response.

"Then I suppose I can make a small exception to the rule." she tells him as she wraps her arms around his neck.

Immediately his head snaps up as he protests, "No, that's not fair to you. We had a deal and-"

But, Regina quickly cuts off his ramblings by pressing her lips against his. "I don't care. It was only a silly merger" she murmurs upon pulling away, "All I ask is that I get a nicely cooked dinner in return."

"Your request will be granted, milady." Robin states with a grin, pulling her flush against him and once more attaching his lips to hers.

____________________________________________________________

"I think I'm falling in love with your cooking." the outlaw mutters with a half-full mouth of her cooking.

"Is that so?" Regina replies with a chuckle, her heart fluttering within her chest as she places her empty bowl on the ground beside her feet.

With a firm nod of his head, Robin gives an enthusiastic mmhmm in response whilst consuming another spoonful of his meal. At his hum, the brunette shakes her head before moving it to rest against his shoulder, letting out a contented sigh.

Upon noticing how the blue-eyed man continues to scarf down mouthful after mouthful of his food, the brunette exclaims, "Don't choke!" However, he doesn't heed her warning as he rapidly clears the remaining contents of his bowl before placing it down on the log beside him and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Regina lets out a hum as Robin pulls her closer to his side.

"We should hopefully reach the camp by tomorrow afternoon." he tells her after a moment, giving her a tender squeeze.

"Good," she replies, closing her eyes and melting into his embrace, "I'm looking forward to that dinner date."

"So am I, milady." the blue-eyed man murmurs as he places a gentle kiss to her brow. They remain in silence for a while, and the disguised queen takes the moment to simply enjoy being in the thief's arms. This is something I could definitely get used to she muses, inhaling the forest scent she now associates with the thief.

"I can't wait to introduce you to Roland." Robin says quietly, causing Regina's to open her eyes and turn her head to look up at the blue-eyed man, only to find that he's already staring down at her with a broad grin plastered on his lips.

A smile of her own graces her lips as her heart leaps at the idea of being able to meets Robin's son. "And I can't wait to meet him." she replies with genuine enthusiasm.

"He's going to love you, you know." the outlaw claims and the brunette feels her breath hitch within her throat at the love and adoration she finds swimming within his shinning blue eyes.

Suddenly Regina becomes acutely aware that Robin doesn't know who he'll be introducing his son to. Determining that she needs to remedy this, the brown-eyed woman averts her gaze and shifts herself within his arms so that she's fully facing him. "Robin, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" he asks, the concern from earlier once again evident within his tone, "Is it about what was troubling you earlier?"

"Yes, it is." the disguised queen admits, levelling her gaze with his, "I've been keeping a secret from you." She notices how a sudden wave of shock overcomes his face, causing the brunette to inhale a shuddery breath, "I'm not who you think I am, and I know I keep saying it but it's true." Not allowing him the chance to protest, she quickly continues, "I'm an evil person, Robin. I'm a woman who became lost within her anger and allowed it to control her actions for far too long." Feeling the familiar burn of tears, Regina lowers her brown orbs to gaze at her hands clasped within her lap, "I have done horrible things...and I wish I could take all of them back, but I can't and-"

"Wilma, I don't care." the outlaw says in a gentle tone as one of his hands moves to place a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

With a shake of her head, she lifts her brown orbs to meet his blue ones and retorts, "No, Robin, you don't understand. That's not what I- "

"No, Wilma, you don't understand!" he insists, his hands moving to grasp onto hers tightly. Regina gapes at him, stunned into silence. "I don't care about who you were pr what you did in your past. That doesn't matter to me, and do you know why?"

The disguised queen merely shakes her head in response.

"Because I know that whoever you were then is not who you are now, in this moment." the thief declares, his hand coming up to cup her cheek.

Tears pool within her brown orbs as she leans into his touch, "But, Robin I-"

He immediately silences her protests by firmly crashing his lips against hers. Unable to find it within herself to fight him, Regina responds by kissing him back just as hard and moves her hands to fist onto his shirt. And just before she becomes completely lost within his touch and the feeling of his lips against hers, the disguised queen vows that she'll tell him the truth tomorrow.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Aww! Regina and Robin are finally together. But will Regina tell Robin the truth? Stay tuned to find out!

I honestly have no idea when I will next update but I don't plan for it to be another 2 months. I am really hoping I'll have chapter 15 up soon but I'm not going to make any promises.

Please let me know what you thought of this chapter, I would love to know your thoughts.

Thank you for reading and continuing to stick with this story. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.3K 18
Regina, Emma, Snow, Hook and Charming are in Neverland, searching for Henry who got kidnapped by Peter Pan. As if that was not complicated enough, Ro...
15.9K 843 46
No one has heard about Regina Mills for years. Both savior and former evil queen have chosen separate paths in their lives... but their paths are gon...
8.8K 312 30
SWANQUEEN: CONTAINS VERY GRAPHICAL IMAGES AND LANGUAGE!! I STG IF UR UNDER 13 DONT READ THIS SHIT. UNLESS UR A MATURE SAVAGE. AND IF U KNOW ME AND I...
7.2K 389 25
Emma stays at Regina's house for a while because the Evil Queen wants to kill her. Or does she? When Regina begins to suspect that her evil half migh...