Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Thirty Four

457 9 2
By Nickey0398

Chapter Thirty Four

3rd Person's POV

Scott walked into the student library but didn't see Lydia. She texted him and told him he needed to meet her there. He called out for her but got no response. He called out again. "Hey, Lydia?"

Since he didn't get a response, he decided to call her phone. He heard a phone vibrating in one of the aisles. He walked over to see Lydia's phone. He noticed a line of mountain ash and put the phone down. He backed out the aisle and saw someone finishing the mountain ash circle, trapping him. It was Theo.

"That's not possible," Scott said, looking at the younger Beta.

"You're right." Theo agreed. "A werewolf shouldn't even be able to touch mountain ash."

"You're a Chimera." Scott realized.

"I'm the first Chimera. It's the coyote part you don't notice." Theo said. Scott started walking toward Theo, in turn, Theo started walking backward toward the line. "It's why Malia trusted me first, even though she probably didn't know it. You found the perfect word though, Scott. Because a Chimera isn't just a monster with different parts. It can also mean something impossible to achieve. An unrealizable dream."

"And they realized you?" Scott asked, feeling betrayed.

"They came close with me," Theo said, bitterness in his tone. "But we can't all be perfect. We can't all be true Alphas." Scott rushed Theo but he stepped over the line. Scott slammed into the mountain ash shield and was thrown back.

"Damn. I felt that." Theo chuckled as Scott groaned. Theo walked over to a cell jammer and turned it on. "No calls, Scott. No Stiles, no Malia, no Lydia. You're just going to have to wait here alone for what happens next."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked. "What's next?"

"The Supermoon," Theo said and started walking away.

"Wait! Why are you doing this?" Scott asked. Theo stopped and looked back at him.

"Because you don't deserve your power!" Theo yelled. "Do you know how easy it was to tear apart your pack? Make you distrust Stiles? Make Liam hate you? You know, the only ones I never messed with were Isaac and Mac. You did that all yourself."

"What? What do you mean?" Scott asked confused.

"Your sister is actually missing and before you ask. The doctors had nothing to do with it. You screwed it up with Isaac brushing it to the side. So while you're stuck here, your sister is going to die and your pack is gonna fall apart." Theo smirked and left. Scott was left speechless. How did he let things get so messed up so quickly?

~

Brett and Isaac pulled up to Helena's house at the same time. When Brett heard Isaac's fear, he immediately agreed to search for his girlfriend. The two boys, though not friends, would do anything for Mac. Including working together to help find her.

"Her car is here," Isaac said, eyeing the truck.

"I don't hear anyone inside," Brett said. They walked to the door, ringing the doorbell. After a few minutes with no answer, Isaac decided to break in.

"I'm going in," Isaac said. Brett grabbed his arm.

"You're gonna commit home invasion?" Brett asked. Isaac shook off the hand and glared.

"Look, Mac was here. Her car is here and I can still smell her. My best friend is missing and if I have to break every law ever written to find her, I will." Isaac snapped.

"Every law? Yeah, right. You're not a murderer." Brett asked sarcastically.

"I'd kill anyone for her, including you," Isaac said coldly and stormed into the empty house. Brett stood shocked by the statement before clearing his throat and following in behind him. The boys were instantly hit with a familiar scent. Neither could quite place it though.

"Do you smell that? What is that and why do I know it?" Brett asked, looking around to find the source. He walked into the dining room area, while Isaac went into the kitchen.

"We have a problem," Isaac said, coming out of the kitchen holding a jar of herbs.

"Is that?" Brett asked, now recognizing it.

"Mistletoe," Isaac confirmed. "I don't think the Dread Doctors took her."

"Why's that?" Brett asked confused.

"It's just a feeling, ya know?" Isaac said. "I'm gonna see if I can find anything to see where Helena might've taken her."

~

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Mac asked Helena.

"I always wanted a sister and I finally found out I have one! I go to try and connect with her just to find out her spoiled little brat killed her!" Helena screamed.

"She tried to kill me! I was defending myself!" Mac yelled back.

"Doesn't matter anymore," Helena said, walking over to her bag. "We're gonna bring her back and I'm gonna have a family."

"Please, please don't do this," Mac begged, tugging at the restraints again.

"Don't worry, my love. We still have a few hours until go time. So get comfortable." Helena said, pulling out a book.

"What?" Mac asked confused. Why wasn't Helena getting this over with?

"Perigee Syzygy, the only time this ritual can be completed. I'd hate to wait for this family reunion, but what are ya gonna do?" Helena said, her tone holding mocking hint to it. Mac was slightly grateful for the wait. She had time to with come up with a plan. She had hoped one of her friends had noticed her absence and went looking for her. She was in doubt though. With everything going on with the chimera's and the doctors, she was probably on the bottom of the totem pole.

Little did Mac know, two werewolves were on the hunt. They were currently tearing up Helena's house, looking for answers to where she might've taken Mac.

~

"There's gotta be something here. I'm gonna look at her computer. Search in her office." Isaac told Brett as he sat in front of Helena's laptop.

"Don't tell me what to do," Brett said with a loud scoff.

"What the hell is your problem dude?" Isaac asked.

"You are," Brett said.

"What did I ever do to you?" Isaac asked confused.

"You think I don't see how you look at her?" Brett asked, glaring at the other werewolf. "You love her."

"Of course I love her, dude. She's my best friend." Isaac said, going back to his search in the laptop.

"No!" Brett growled out angrily, knocking papers off the desk and grabbing Isaac by his shirt collar, pulling him to his feet. "You love her and you're not gonna take her from me!" Isaac pushed Brett off of him.

"First of all, she's not a possession. She's a person and can decide who she's with. Secondly, Mac and I have a bond you'll never understand so you can take your jealousy and shove it up your ass." Isaac growled out. "Now are you gonna keep bitching or help me find her?"

"I think I did," Brett said, looking at the desk. Under where the stack of papers was, there was a map of  Beacon Hills taped to the desk. There was a part of the forest circled with the words 'The Highest Point' written above it.

"I know where that is," Isaac said. It was near the cliff edge that Mac liked to go to be alone. There were a few nearby mountains. "Come on. Let's go."

~

"It's just about time," Helena said, putting her book down and smiling up at the sky. The moon was out and the sky looked as twisted as Helena was feeling inside. Mac started to struggle again.

"Please. I'm begging you." Mac pleaded. She had yet to figure out a plan of escape. Helena ignored the young girl.

"I'm going to help jump-start the process," Helena said, pulling a knife out of her bag. She slowly walked over to Mac, wanting to enjoy the desperate pleas. "I'm going to give you a big nice cut and set you alight so your body starts trying to heal. Unfortunately for you, that little cocktail I gave you earlier is going to prevent just that. As you bleed and the flames roar, I can start the process of bringing back my sister."

"A big villain speech, huh? I expected more from you." Mac spat out.

"Shut it!" Helena yelled, kicking Mac in the face. She knelt over the dazed girl and swung the knife down at her right thigh. Mac let out a scream in pain as the knife implanted in her leg. The older woman stood over the crying girl with a smirk. Just as she went to produce her own flames, she heard a noise from outside the cave. "Looks like we have company. I'll be right back dear."

Helena walked out of the cave entrance to see Isaac standing there. His yellow wolf eyes glowing brightly. He was completely transformed into his wolf alter ego, ready to take her down.

"Just in time for the show," Helena said with a smirk. Isaac growled deeply.

"Let her go." Isaac's monstrous voice demanded.

"Not gonna happen," Helena said. Isaac roared and rushed toward her. Helena quickly let her flames surround her and went on the defense. Isaac hissed as the flames licked against his skin, but he still reached forward to grab on. He tossed Helena away from the cave.

While Helena was distracted with her fight against Isaac, Brett quietly snuck into the cave. It was Isaac's plan. He'd go first and distract Helena while Brett would get Mac to safety. They weren't sure what condition Mac was in but they could hear her heartbeat. Once they arrived at the cliff, sniffing out the two Phoenixes was simple.

"Mac," Brett whispered, rushing over to his whimpering girlfriend.

"Brett?" Mac gasped out. She tried to sit up, but the pain in her leg was too much for her. She yelped and laid back down with a sob.

"Shh, it's okay. I got you." Brett said, cutting the rope with his claws.

"You gotta take it out. I can't walk with the knife in my leg." Mac explained. Brett nodded, gripping the knife handle. Mac buried her face in Brett's neck and yelped in pain as he withdrew the blade.

"Can you heal yourself?" Brett asked.

"No. She injected me with some plant which is basically the Phoenix version of wolfsbane. I can't heal until it's out of my system and I don't know how long that's gonna take." Mac said as Brett picked her up bridal style.

"I'll carry you," Brett said. "Hold on tight. We gotta get outta here."

"Wait, where's Helena?" Mac asked confused. Was her pack here to save her?

"She's out there fighting with Isaac. I gotta get you outta here." Brett said, walking toward the cave entrance.

"Where's everyone else?" Mac asked.

"It's just us two," Brett explained.

"We have to help him. He can't fight her by himself." Mac said, pulling on his shirt.

"Mac, he's a big boy. He can take care of himself." Brett argued.

"No. Werewolves fight up close with teeth and claws. She is a really good long-range fighter. We have to help him." Mac argued back.

"You're in no shape to fight." Brett reminded her.

"I don't care," Mac said, looking up at him with determined eyes. He sighed and followed the sounds of fighting. As they got closer, Brett could see that Mac was right. Isaac was getting his ass handed to him. Even with the extreme power and strength that comes from the supermoon, Isaac was barely standing on his feet. His shirt was burned to a crisp. His skin was already starting to boil from the flames. The pair were fighting at the edge of a nearby cliff.

"Brett put me down. Help him please." Mac pleaded, watching her best friend struggle against her aunt. He set her down, leaning her against a tree. Isaac let out another Yelp of pain, making the two other teens look at the fight with fearful eyes. Before either of them could move, Helena hit Isaac with a fireball, sending him over the cliff edge.

Everything was in slow motion. Mac couldn't hear anything but her own heartbeat. Just like when Derek had plunged to his almost death facing against the Alpha pack, Mac felt something inside her snap. Flames rushed out of Mac's core with such power that Brett was thrown back by the force. The pain in Mac's leg was gone and her only focus was Helena.

Helena turned and looked at her niece in fear. The flames weren't just an aura, it spread around like the wings of a bird. They were so thick around her, you could barely see past her. The ground around Mac turned black as it seared away. Mac was so full of rage that she couldn't be reasoned with. She couldn't hear anything but the blood rushing through her body.

"It's not possible," Helena whispered in terror. The De Caen Anemone must have worn off. Helena should've given her more, but didn't wanna risk killing her.

"For that, you die," Mac said, making her way toward the older Phoenix. Helena released her full power, but it was nothing compared to Mac's. Helena had never seen such intensity. Not when they faced the hunters during the time of the Deadpool. Not even when Mac was controlled by the Nogitsune. The flames were so hot that Helena could actually feel the heat lick her flesh.

Helena shot a fireball, but it was absorbed by Mac's own power. Helena kept trying to throw her flames, but it did nothing to stop the younger girl from getting close. Mac wrapped a hand around Helena's throat.

"My dear aunt, say hello to your sister for me," Mac whispered with a wicked smile. Mac started squeezing the woman's windpipe, slowly crushing it.

"Mac!" Brett yelled, watching his girlfriend in horror. "Mac, don't do this!"

"Why shouldn't I? She kidnapped me and tried to resurrect my psychotic mother! She came into my life and made me think she cared and worst of all, she killed Isaac! She killed the one person who had never switched up on me! The only person in the world who cares about me!" Mac yelled angry tears in her eyes.

"I care about you!" Brett yelled. "And what about Scott? What would Scott say about this? He cares for you too!"

Mac's eyes snapped over to him. He kneeled on the ground, a line of blood on his face from a healed cut he sustained after hitting against a nearby tree, his blue eyes wide, pleading with her. "If my brother really cared for me, he'd be here instead of chasing after an enemy we can't beat."

"Mac, please," Brett begged. "Just wait, okay?"

"Wait for what?" Mac hissed out. Why should she wait? This woman has caused her so much hell in the last 24 hours." Brett didn't answer and rushed over to the cliff edge.

"I see him! He's still alive!" Brett shouted.

"What? That's a 15, 20-foot drop. No one could survive that," Mac reasoned.

"He didn't make it the full drop. There's a ledge. Please, Mac, let her go." Brett pleaded. Mac closed her eyes, going to try and focus to listen for a heartbeat when Helena started struggling.

"Stay still or I'll snap your neck." Mac threatened to make the older woman still her actions in fear. Mac went back to focusing. Relief shot through her as she heard it. A steady heartbeat came from Isaac. She extinguished her flames, opened her eyes, and turned her attention back to Helena.

"You're going to leave Beacon Hills. You're going to get in your car and drive until you can't drive anymore. I don't care where you go. Don't pass go, go collect $200. You're gonna leave and never come back because if you do, I'll kill you. Next time, nothing, no one will stop me. Capeesh?" Mac asked. Helena nodded her head to the best of her ability. Mac dropped her and she laid on the ground coughing and gasping for air. Mac looked down at her, no pity on her face. "Go."

Helena jumped up and ran to her car. The woman was angry her plan had failed but wasn't stupid enough to think she could beat Mac in a fight and come out with her life. Mac glared and watched as Helena drive away, not taking her eyes off of the way her aunt went until she could no longer sense her presence. She walked over to the cliff edge and almost cried in relief. Brett was right. Isaac was unconscious on a ledge not far from the top of the cliff. He had a branch impaling his side, but he was still alive.

"Let's help him and go home, huh?" Brett said.

——————————

Helena is gone! But is it forever or will she be back?

2846 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 6.5K 36
in which a divergent amity falls for a dauntless leader
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
651K 39.8K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...