Where Winter Meets Summer (Ru...

By OnyxxCrow

THE DISCOVERY A fundamentally lonesome person, Russia believed he could survive the Academy all on his own bu... More

Prologue: Lifeless Land of Winter
Welcome Back to the Academy(Russia POV)
The Maiden and Her Bear (Canada POV)
As Normal As It Gets (Russia POV) *intense swearing?*
The CAS (Germany POV)
Rise Little Underdog! Pt 1 (Germany POV)
Rise Little Underdog! Pt 2 (Germany and Russia POV)
Weekend (Canada POV)
The Returning Star (Russia POV)
First Impressions? (Pt 1) (Nobody POV)
First Impressions Pt 2
The Experiment (America POV)
Frozen in Time (A glimpse into Russia's past)
Potentially
Invitation of Doubt (Russia POV)
Prepare! Before the Fourth (Russia POV)
The Time is Now
Let's Start Over... (America Pov)
Things Won't Go Wrong. Right? (Canada POV)
Trapped in Burning Ice (Russia POV)
Prelude of Winter: The Story Before the Tempest
The Compromise (America POV)
The Compromise (continued)
On One Condition... (NobodyPOV)
The Last Gate To Earth (NATO POV)
Good Luck My Dear Brother
BIRTHDAY QNA+Art
Earthbound(America POV)
Forced or Not, Here They Come
The Special Trial For a Special Case
There Are Things Better Left Unsaid
Fight or Flight
Breaking Through
Enduring
Reaching the End of a Star
Falling Apart But Holding Together
Back to Where We Came From
Redirected Hope
Love-in-a-Mist
A Burden
The Art of Healing or Hurting?
Cold Relapse
Another Step Forward
A Thing of the Past
Rubbing Salt in a Wound
Frozen in Time: Roses in the Snow
Washing Salt From a Wound
Uncertain Fates
Tales Untold
Lessons to be Relearned
Breaking the Silent Night
Waiting for Explainations
Disarray on the Final Day
To Love and To be Loved
In the One We Trust
No Turning Back
The Challengers Rise
A New Perspective
Forgotten Wishes Hidden in the Deep
Against the Clock: SIX
Soulmates
Shadow Dance/Strife In the Dead of Night: FIVE
Herald from the Grave: FOUR
Diamond Eyes: THREE
The Final Call: TWO
Forsakened: ONE
Prelude of Winter: His Pipedream
On Thin Ice
How the Robin Stole Fire
Truths from a Liar
Appeals for the Unmended
In the Face of Adversity
Untethered Shadow
By Your Side
Tears For Better Tomorrows
When Omens Stir
The Final Hour
Momentary Peace
Evening Interlude
The Sun Sets
The Underground Blues
The Underground Blues Pt. 2
Divided, We Fall
The Observer's Promise
Silent Silver Linings

The Very First Failure (Nobody POV)

13.2K 447 3.3K
By OnyxxCrow

Nobody (POV)

By now, the news of Russia and America's partnership had spread all throughout the school and beyond. As for the CAS, the Discovery was coming to a close and many students returned to their normal studies, bitter and disappointed.

The other lucky individuals were worked to death with many separate instructors to push their limits, focus on their strengths and diminish their weaknesses.

"How was my time?" Poland rasped breathlessly as he flopped onto the ground with a fistful of sand.

"2 minutes and 4 seconds. You're getting better but let's aim for under 2 minutes next time." encouraged the instructor. Poland groaned under his breath as he hobbled to his feet and prepared himself for another 200 km flight to the beach and back...

"Block!" another yelled as he threw a punch at Germany, "You rely on your Awakening for long ranged attacks! But what happens after huh?"

Germany spat a bit of blood onto the ground as he watched and dodged his instructor's blows. There was no way he could win against that guy in pure fist to fist combat. He was just too inexperienced. But he knew that it was a major weakness he needed to overcome.

"Now if only it hurt a little less," he grumbled.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Crystal chimes rang over the Academy and signaled the end of the period and the end of hellish training for the Awakeners.

Germany lay crumpled on the cold hard floor covered in bruises. South Korea clutched his soundless throat and his ringing head. Poland wobbled behind a pillar to throw up.

"Lovely." NATO smirked.

America, Russia and NATO stood at the entrance of the Coloso and all the instructors stood at attention. NATO waved and dismissed them.

America fidgeted with the slim gold cuffs that circled his wrists and then shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Kay, so remind me again why we chose lunchtime to train?"

Russia and NATO decided to ignore his whining. Instead NATO scanned the arena and frowned,

"Where is NASA? Wasn't she supposed to meet us here?"

At these words, an agent stepped forward, "Unfortunately, due to some unexpected matters, her skills were needed elsewhere. You will just have to do it without her."

After a quick but thorough warmup, NATO began the very first session. Some students even decided to bring their lunches down to the Coloso to watch.

The session began with some hand to hand combat to get their adrenaline pumping and after a bit of beating and bruising, NATO gave Ame the signal to fire up his Awakening. The gold cuffs clattered to the ground along with his sunglasses and thundering waves of heat began to emit from the Superpower.

It was as if he was pulling the sunbeams into himself and he radiated glorious light. NATO nodded and addressed Russia, "The first thing you must do is find your trigger. Some have special incantations and or rituals. Others must experience a certain feeling or consume something. But the best trigger is something that can be done instantly and easily. For example, America's trigger is by simply willing it to happen. Though he does like to open his third eye for pizzazz."

"HEY! IT'S CALLED GETTING INTO THE RIGHT MINDSET!" barked America.

Russia stared at his hands, "How do I find my trigger then?"

NATO frowned, "Usually, a country will find their trigger when they first Awaken. But in your case... you were most likely unconscious or don't remember."

"Maybe his trigger is being stuck in a burning house."

"Shut it, you-"

The next hour was spent tossing poor Russia through many trials in order to simulate conditions for his Awakening. Some were painful, others were tiresome and America also threw in some infuriating things like dunking barrels of water on the Russian while under the guise of "finding the trigger".

"That didn't work," America commented as he struggled to hold back his laughter, "Let's try something else, shall we?"

The water-logged country could only growl in rage.

.

.

.

.

.

After what seemed like forever, the pair had finally run out of ideas.

"Perhaps your trigger really is being stuck in-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

NATO shook his head in defeat, "Are you sure you don't remember how you Awakened? Did anything stir up any feeling?"

"If I were to be honest, the closest thing was America shoving ice cubes down my shirt."

"I'LL DO IT AGAIN THEN!!!"

"NO!"

The session ended with disappointment. Nothing had worked and NATO had run out of ideas. Without any reason to stay, they were dismissed back to the main building.

"At least the audience had a jolly good laugh," Ame chuckled as they strolled through the clearing, "Unlike NATO, I do have a few more ideas..."

Suddenly the dirt path under America froze into a slippery sheet of ice which sent him sprawling to the ground.

"DUDE WHAT THE FU-," America coughed as agitated confusion replaced his amusement, "Wait, what?! You found your trigger already? Since when?"

Russia looked down with a slight hint of smugness, "Did you forget that I stopped that dagger for you? Or maybe letting it hit you would have been more noteworthy. Either way, I've already found my trigger, dumbass."

NATO had not been there to witness that incident and yes, America had forgotten all about it. Dark red tinged his cheeks as he realized how foolish he must have seemed. And now the Russian was messing with him.

"... fuck you..." was all that he could muster and the Russian's lips tugged into repressed smile. This partnership just might be worth his time.

NATO finished cleaning up and was about to head back to the main grounds when another agent approached and without a word, NATO knew that he brought bad news.

"Sir, the Headmaster needs you at Headquarters. There's been a troubling development there."

"What could it possibly be now," he sighed. He was not looking forward to another trifling matter.

"Please sir. It's the Gates," the agent urged as NATO's eyes went wide.

"The Otherworld Gates have been breached."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Night had fallen upon the populous Eastern City of Aliaterra. The grand building that held the Eastern Branch of the World Academy was silent and peaceful but the ever growing sense of uneasiness still lingered.

A single individual's footsteps echoed through the vacant halls as a boy in a uniform made his way in solitude. Within the school, there was one infamous room that no one dared to enter unless they were invited in. And that was exactly where he was heading.

He knocked on the door gently and announced his presence. After a while of waiting in the dark, staring at the redwood door embroidered in gold, a soft and calm but commanding voice beckoned, "Come in..."

At these words, the door swung open without any contact.

The room was filled with a hazy incense and an ominous yet calming red glow shimmered through the darkness. The walls were dressed in gold swirls and carvings of celestial beings and a Jade Palace in the clouds. Scrolls that held long flowing brushstrokes were arranged neatly in a wooden cabinet in the back corner and flickering candles and lanterns illuminated a figure seated behind translucent velvet drapes.

"Did you hear? About the newest development, I mean."

"You mean the American's new partner? Or the death of the other country?"

"The first one."

The figure sighed and blew a wisp of smoke into the air, "I have, and I must say... I didn't expect him to reveal himself so soon. Nor did I think that he would make a pact with the capitalist," he chuckled darkly, "It does put a wedge in our agenda but oh well."

"This is getting pretty interesting, if I do say so myself."

"Agreed," he murmured as he turned to face the boy with flashing yellow eyes.

"让我们看看...它们到底有多强大..."

AUTHOR'S NOTES: weewooweewoo.

uh...

*dies*

Brain is fried. Make miStaKeS.............................. help

(also the last thing means "Let's see just how powerful they can be." :P)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 3.1K 52
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
103K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.1M 37K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...