Dania {18+}

By mindlessmazes

*Mature Content; Soft DDLG* New to Houston, medical school, and struggling with her anxiety, Dania gets a lit... More

Playlists
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Bonus #1: Jealousy makes the heart grow fonder... right?
Bonus #1.5: Tell me how good it feels to be needed

Chapter 14

58.3K 1.3K 410
By mindlessmazes

Reyn's POV

As soon as I cut the call with her I had a horrible feeling. The worst fucking feeling in my gut.

It stayed heavy with me through my meetings with Liskov and the rest of the legal team. I was itching to get back to Houston.

So when a miracle occurred and fucking drama queen Liskov agreed to the terms of our client's contract, the meeting ended earlier than expected. The universe was on my side. I sighed, releasing some of the tension my body held.

I wasted no time calling Sariah to move my flight up. She stayed on the phone as she searched. I could hear the staccato of her nails clacking on the keyboard as I waited. This entire trip had been a test of my goddamn patience.

Luckily, there was just one seat left on the plane in first-class. Things were going way too well. And that only made me even more nervous.

I stopped at the hotel, stuffed the few things I had laying around the room into my suitcase without even paying much attention, and rushed back out to the driver who was waiting. I had 15 minutes to get to the airport, but the drive was about 25 minutes. I promised the driver, triple the amount if he could get me to the airport in 10. He rolled his eyes, before stepping on the gas. It made me think of my baby.

What kind of cruel joke was it to have me leave the city just when she needed me there the most. If it wasn't for all the people depending on this deal to go through, I wouldn't have considered it for a minute. Honestly, if Sylv didn't offer to stay with her I probably would have forgone it all together. My business wasn't worth her life. No amount of money in the world was.

For the first time, I was thankful for Sylv's sketchy past. It equipped him to protect her better than I probably could. As much as I hated to admit it. That knowledge eased the knot in my stomach just a little bit. But thinking about my idiot friend only ramped that nervousness back up.

I couldn't wait to have her in my arms again. I missed the rosy scent of her hair and the feel of her soft skin under my touch. She was what I had been searching for my entire life in other women but had failed to find. Just when I had lost hope in finding someone perfect for me, there she was.

Little did I know when I saw her catching her breath outside the bar that she would become the center of my world in a matter of days. No, it happened the minute I saw her enter the bar, searching for our table. Though I didn't know it at the time.

She wore confidence like a mask, despite her panic a few minutes before. She made it look effortless but I knew the truth. I watched other men watch her as she passed by them; they whispered to their friends causing a rippled effect of head turns. Their eyes probably held the same desire mine did. I just did a better job of hiding it.

I turned my gaze away as she spotted our table and headed over. I made a deal with the gods at that moment. If she was Tess's friend, like I thought, then I would make her mine. I masked my emotions as Tess got up to greet her and unknowingly sealed my little girl's fate. I smiled to myself at the memory.

The cab stopped abruptly at the departures terminal. I threw a few hundreds at the driver and sped into the airport towards security. I showed the ticket on my phone to the TSA attendant at the expedited pre-check line. He waved me in after what felt like minutes and I rushed through the empty line and handed my ID to the man sitting at the desk. He shook his head at my grimace as he slowly held up the ID scrutinizing the picture against my face. He smiled at me sarcastically.

It took everything in me not to punch his face in. I couldn't afford to be detained. I imagined my princess's face and loosened my tight fists. I didn't want to keep her waiting any longer than necessary. And if the feeling of dread hanging above me like an albatross was any sign, she needed me there sooner rather than later.

The man handed my ID back and asked me to scan my ticket before waving me forward when the machine flashed green. I threw my bag on the belt and walked through the scanner before the attendant even waved me through. He looked at me curiously as if wondering what all the rush was for. As if it was any of his business.

When I made it to the gate, the plane had already started boarding passengers. Since I was seated at the front of the plane, my group had already been called. I scanned my ticket one last time and headed onto the flight.

I never gave a fuck about the time it took to commute. But I also never had anyone waiting so eagerly for my return. Well... maybe I did, but no one I really cared about the same way I did for Dania. I already knew I would never find what I had with her ever again. No one else compared to her. And if she wasn't the one for me, no one else would be. It took 28 damn long years to find her. There was no way I was letting her go.

My hands shook as I thought of the messages she had been receiving. Me letting her go was one thing. But having someone else take her? Over my dead body. I would do everything in my power to prevent that from happening.

I sipped at the water the flight attendant handed me. It did absolutely nothing to calm my nerves. I never should have left her. I should have sent someone-- anyone-- else. Fuck. I was not leaving her alone again. Next time I had to go anywhere, I would bring her with me. I was not putting either of us through this bullshit again. Fuck this.

The hour was finally over and the plane was about to land. My legs were twitching ready to run out of the airport. As soon as the plane touched the ground with a vigorous jerk, I took my phone off airplane mode. Texts and emails flooded in.

I went through the texts making sure nothing alarming had happened while I was in the air. My body relaxed when I noticed that neither Dani nor Sylv had messaged me. She would've still been in class anyways. I saw a text from Rylan, the bar manager, that something was off with the orders again. This kept happening. I was so close to firing her. I texted Sylv to handle it instead. I was going to pick my baby up myself.

I texted her to check how she was doing. I expected a 'good' or something along those lines. Instead, I got strange messages about urns and the grim reaper. Worry shot through me. I demanded that she speak clearly. I needed to hire someone to look after her. I couldn't suppress the panic that rose at the thought of something happening to her.

The panic subsided when she messaged me back that she was just sleep-deprived from Sylv's loud snores. I winced. That fucker snored like he was poor and got paid to do it or something. I think the plane's engine was quieter than his obnoxious noises.

Just as I finished texting her, the door opened for deplaning. I grabbed my suitcase and ran to my car in minutes. For the first time, the speed capabilities of my Lambo would come in handy. I put the key in the ignition, reversed the car, and stepped on the gas. Her class just about ended but I was thirty minutes away. I wanted to surprise her, so I didn't bother calling her. She would probably call Sylver anyways with how tired she was. My poor little fairy.

I slammed the steering wheel as I merged onto the highway. The traffic was horrible. I tried my best to weave through the cars, but it didn't help. Eventually, I was gridlocked by an endless sea of other cars. Getting a seat on the plane must have used up all my luck. I looked down to see I got a text from my princess.

Daddy, I got a 100 on my exam!!!!!!!!!!

I knew she'd do well. There was no way she wouldn't. She worked way too hard for the result to have been anything else. I would reward her endlessly tonight. Maybe so much so that she'd have to stay home tomorrow... and maybe Friday, too. My hands tightened around the wheel at the thought.

R: That's my girl! I'm so proud of you baby!

R: We'll definitely have to celebrate tonight ;)

I laughed to myself when she sent me a string of emojis including the confetti, the dancing woman, and the hundred symbol. The phone began to buzz again.

I got a call from Sylv.

"Reyn, there's about $10,000 worth of liquor that's missing."

"What the fuck do you mean? How does it not get delivered."

"I don't know, ask your employees." Sylv defended.

"Give the phone to Rylan." I heard voices in the background as she took the phone.

"Hello? Boss?"

"What the fuck is this Rylan? You have one fucking job." I screamed down the phone, slowly moving along with the traffic. I knew I was going to be late to pick Dani up and that only made me angrier. My baby was waiting at school all alone. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I slammed my hand down on the steering wheel. I should have just asked Sylv to pick her up and take her to the bar with him. Fucking stupid mistake.

"I don't know, sir. The bartender is missing, too. He didn't come in today." She weakly admitted.

"Did you try calling him, or his family?" I asked, the veins in my neck and arms popping out as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"No." She squeaked.

"Then what the hell are you waiting for Adams?! Do I need to write you a fucking script for the phone call, too?" My foot pressed down on the gas, as I reached my exit and skillfully maneuvered my way out of the traffic jam.

"You know what, I don't have time for this. Figure this shit out yourself or you're fired." I cut the phone before she could even respond.

I swerved through the cars, barely passing the lights before they turned red. I was usually a careful driver but right now I was way too riled up to care. My phone rang again in my hand.

I answered it without looking.

"Hello?"

No one responded. I was about to cut the phone before I glanced down and saw 'Princess' move across the screen.

"Baby?"

I heard muffled noises in the background. I wondered if she had called me by mistake. My thumb hovered the end call button. My back stiffened when I heard her cry out. This was no mistake. She was in danger. My foot pressed down on the accelerator. The dread that had been hanging over me like a cloud crashed into me full force as if I had been struck by lightning.

She screamed out for help. I floored the gas. I was only a few minutes away. The buildings on either side of the road flew past in a rush of colors. Cars honked and swerved out of my way out of fear. All that I registered was the need to get there before it was too late. Before I could reassure her that I was on my way, the line was cut. Fear crept into me. I didn't want to think about what might have happened. All I could do was keep driving. I wanted to be there so desperately. I needed to get to her. I had to.

I finally turned into her school and rushed through the parking lot. I watched as she kneed the man bent in front of her. He dropped to the floor as if all the strength had vaporized instantaneously from his body. I hit the brakes just as I watched the man holding her pistol-whip her on the side of her head. She went limp.

I stopped the car a little bit away and sprinted towards them making sure to take the gun in my glove apartment with me. The man was too panicked to have heard my car approaching. He couldn't leave without taking the dead body with him. And there was no way I would let him leave alive.

I aimed the gun carefully as he leaned in to put my baby in the car. I quickly but quietly moved closer and closer. Once he stepped back, I took off the safety and pulled the trigger. He slumped against the car door. I threw his body to the side and took Dania in my arms.

Blood soaked her shirt and dripped down her legs. Tears formed in my eyes as I positioned her comfortably in my arms. The hospital was right across the street. I ran across the street grateful that I had right-of-way across the crosswalk. I ran as fast as I could towards the emergency department. Perspiration formed under my suit in the heat of the Texas evening. I barely paid attention to it, desperate to make sure that she was okay. I hadn't even checked the severity of her wounds in my rush to get her to the hospital.

I ran up to the ER desk and insisted on seeing a doctor. When I mentioned that my babygirl had almost been kidnapped, that definitely got their attention. They immediately got her into a room and examined her wounds. I said that I got there just in time to save her, but the only damage I saw done with my own eyes was her being knocked out. They promptly conducted an examination and sent her for an MRI to make sure there was no internal damage.

I immediately called the police to report what had happened and that we were now at the hospital. They said that they'd come to get a statement immediately. Next, I called Sylv and explained everything; he was on his way, too.

A few minutes later, the doctor came to find me.

"Your girlfriend is doing perfectly fine." He reassured. My body sagged with relief. "She has some superficial wounds that look like they were caused by a knife. They're pretty shallow so she didn't need any stitches. Fortunately, there's no swelling or damage to her skull, which was our main concern. Shock and exhaustion may have caused her to pass out in addition to the impact on her head. Either way, she should wake up soon."

"Thank you, doctor. Can I go see her now?" I eagerly asked. I could have kissed his feet at that moment if he had asked.

Just as I got up, Sylv came barrelling through into the lobby.

He would get here before the police.

"Thank god you got there in time." He braced his hands on my shoulder getting his words out in between his panting.

"C'mon, she's okay now. We can go see her."

We followed closely behind the doctor through the hallways and into the room. She looked as if she were just sleeping.

"Please limit to just two visitors at a time. We don't want to overwhelm her. Notify the nurses as soon as she wakes." The doctor instructed before leaving.

I sat beside her and took her hand gently in mine.

"I should have asked you to pick her up before you went to the bar," I whispered against her head, pressing a soft kiss against it before holding it against my cheek. Tears collected in my eyes from the guilt of not doing better for her.

"There's no way you could have known," Sylv placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. I laid my forehead on her stomach and pursed my lips. Crying wasn't going to help anything, only actions could.

I wiped my tears and looked at Sylv.

"You have connections to security companies, right? Can you find her a bodyguard?"

"Sure. A request instead of a demand is nice to hear for once." He rolled his eyes.

I punched his thigh and glared at him. This wasn't the time for his attitude.

"I'd rather have you glaring at me than crying over things you couldn't have helped."

I looked at him blankly before looking away.

"Fuck off, Sylv. And thanks for staying with her while I was gone."

"Yeah, yeah. It's nice not arguing for once."

"Yeah," I agreed. Maybe not being at each other's throats every once in a while would be okay. It definitely took much less effort.

He gave me a smile and glanced at Dani thoughtfully before heading out.

A knock sounded at the door. I voiced out for them to come in. The door slid open to reveal a police officer.

Fucking finally.

I hurried to explain what had happened. And told them that there were two dead men in front of the medical school. I didn't even bother organizing my thoughts before speaking so I had to backtrack a few times to give them context.

They said they would investigate and get back to us as soon as they had something. They also wanted to be notified when my princess woke up so that they could get her statement.

An hour had passed but she still hadn't woken up. She must have been catching up on all the sleep she missed out on. I couldn't even imagine how exhausted my poor baby has been. And even then, she fought off her abductors with everything in her. She should never have even been in that position. I promised I'd keep her safe and I had failed.

I could no longer trust myself to keep her safe on my own. This was the main reason I asked Sylv to find her a bodyguard. If I hired someone to protect her, then she would always be accompanied by someone. I wouldn't have to worry as much. And she would never, ever be left to fend for herself like she was today.

I brushed the stray strands of hair off her face and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. I made sure the blanket was tucked snugly around her before sitting back down with her hand in mine. I lightly brushed my thumb over her knuckles, careful not to disturb the IV drip or any other wires.

A nurse came in late at night to change her bloody bandages to clean, new ones. Fortunately, the cuts had scabbed over so she shouldn't be bleeding anymore. All that was left now was for her to wake up.

I rested my head beside her sometime early in the morning, or late into the night and closed my eyes. The steady beeping of the monitor and the gentle whispers of her breath lulled me into a restless sleep.

***

What did you guys think of Reyn's POV?

They just never get to celebrate... sigh... guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter ;)

Lots of love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.7K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
508K 43.9K 30
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
602K 63.5K 25
ููŠ ูˆุณุท ุฏู‡ู„ูŠุฒ ู…ุนุชู… ูŠูˆู„ุฏ ุดุฎุตู‹ุง ู‚ุงุชู… ู‚ูˆูŠ ุฌุจุงุฑู‹ ุจุงุฑุฏ ูŠูˆุฌุฏ ุจุฏุงุฎู„ ู‚ู„ุจู‡ู ุดุฑุงุฑุฉูู‹ ู…ูู†ูŠุฑุฉ ู‡ู„ ุณุชุตุจุญ ุงู„ุดุฑุงุฑุฉ ู†ุงุฑู‹ุง ุชุญุฑู‚ ุงู„ุฌู…ูŠุน ุฃู… ุณุชุจุฑุฏ ูˆุชู†ุทูุฆ ู…ุงุฐุง ู„ูˆ ุชู„ูˆู† ุงู„ุฃ...
588K 31.5K 50
๐’๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐žใ€ข๐๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ใ€ˆ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค 1ใ€‰ ๐‘ถ๐’‘๐’‘๐’๐’”๐’Š๐’•๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’„๐’• โ˜†|| ๐‘บ๐’•๐’†๐’๐’๐’‚ ๐‘ด๏ฟฝ...