The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

Confession

769 179 11
By amourpierce

"Nothing happened Prince, how many times do I have to tell you nothing happened between us. " I argued with my delusional friend who refused to believe nothing happened between Teniola and I.

We came back to school the next day, after a quick visit to the barber's shop, ever since we got back, my friends especially Prince had been hell bent on knowing what happened.

"No way! I refuse to believe this, this has never happened before!" He protested.

"Well it has, why will I lie about something like that?, it has been almost a week.. Just drop it, will you? "

"Wow... I can't believe this, you took a girl to your house and nothing happened, let me rephrase that... You took a girl to your parents house, now that is something new and good for the school headlines"

"Shut up ode" I shut him off but he only laughed.

We sat down in silence, as we go through our notes. The final exams had already started, the practical exams actually. Tomi is having her food and nutrition practical today so Teni is giving her friend the best support she can.

"You are really into this girl right?" I look up at his question to be met with a smile on his face.

"Yeah... I guess I am buddy" I said truthfully.

"Why?" I frowned at his question.

"Must there be a criteria for me to be into someone?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know... Knowing how hard it is to please you. I am just curious to know the one girl who stole my best friend's heart from childhood"

"I like Teniola... She.. She reminds me of my mum and you all know how much I love my mum" he nods "there is this pull I feel whenever she is around, i feel at peace.. I.. " I sigh not knowing how to put my words.

"You love her" he said as my eyes widens at his words.

"Love?"

"Yes you do... It is written all over your face" I chuckle at his words.

Love?

Maybe he his right? Maybe I do love her. But what is love?...

I snap of it when I hear him groan.

"What is it?"

"Virus... Incoming" he discreetly gestured behind me, turning around to see Henrietta walking up to us, i turn to look at him.

"When was she named Virus?" I joked.

"Femi started it, the name stuck with her but she doesn't have to know " he said standing up packing his books with him as I laughed, giving me a quick bro handshake "see you later man.. And be careful"

I nodded as he walks away, taking his warning into consideration. Leaning back on my seat situated at the back of the school hall.

"Hey ba_"

"Stop" I used my arm to block her incoming wandering hands. "What do you want?" I went straight to business. She snorts at my words.

"I can't come to say hi again?" I huff at her question. Discerning my growing foul mood, she quickly imputed. "You have been ignoring me for a while, did I do anything wrong?"

"You did nothing wrong Henrietta, i already told you whatever was going on between us or whatever you think was going on between us has ended. So why are you here?"

"Well... I know what you said, but does it have to end that way?" She whispered hotly into my ear, i stood up walking around her, not falling for her bait.

"You are wasting my time young lady, what do you want?" I asked turning around to face her. She scoffs folding her arms under her bust.

"Did this girl use voodoo on you or something?" She complained as I smirk.

"Maybe... Maybe not, what did you see that made you say that?"

"You have changed Shubbie" She complained bitterly.

"Have i?" I taunt. "Change is a constant thing, it is meant to happen"

"You have grown timid!"

"Timid? That is a wrong adjective for someone like me"

"Ever since that girl step into the picture, you have changed. She is just a stupid spoilt brat that ruined everything!" She screeched.

I chuckle at her words trying to contain the burning anger in me as I bury my clenched fist deep in my trouser pocket.

"God... You sound pathetic... Yen yen yen.. Spoilt brat" I mimic her statement. "For your information Henrietta Bassey... She had always been in the picture, long before you existed in my life! So get that into your skull!" She froze at my words, her eyes filled with different emotions before dropping the final bomb.

"I'm pregnant"

"What?!" My eyes widens and my heart skipped at her statement, my voice echoed but that was when I realized that I have no female voice. Turning around, my heart stopped at the person in front of me.

She look like she was in shock and at the same time crestfallen. She must have heard the rubbish she spewed out of her mouth.

"Teni I_" she bolts off leaving me alone to face the problem in front of me.

God, what have I gotten myself into?

😭 😠 💔

"Babe... Are you okay?" Tomi asked as the junior girls helped her in packing her load, she was through with the practical so we are to help but with what I just saw and heard, i don't think I will be able to do that anymore.

I sighed deeply.

"Oru mu mii lati inu" I said feeling restless all of a sudden.

"Ah! Ma je kii oru mu e lati inu o, ore mii. Who will eat the jollof rice I cooked specially for you?" she joked but quickly stopped as soon as she noticed my sad mood. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head.

"If Shubomi comes here asking of me, tell him you never saw me" I told her hurriedly, not waiting for her reply as I left her there to get my self together.

I walk for a long time before stopping, trying to clear my head. I feel a throbbing headache as I try as much as possible to control my emotions.

I am too young to be going through this... Damn too young.

I stood there for some time as different thoughts ran through my mind and different scenario goes through my head.

She is pregnant?

"I know I will find you here" I huff at the sound of his voice, how did he find me? Turning around to give him a hateful glare, he sighed.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"Let me explain myself, it's not what you think" he reach out to grab my hand but I flinched away.

"Get away from me!" I snapped at him slapping his hands away.

"Listen to me Enitan! Let's talk about it, she is lyi_"

"Enough! Enough of this rubbish! This bullshit!" I screamed at him "I trusted you, you told me nothing is going on between you two, now she is carrying your baby!"

"Sshhhh... Keep your voice down, will you? Walls have ears" he cautioned as he tries to calm me down.

"Let go me, you cow!" I wailed as I feel tears underlining my eyes, threatening to come out. "I trusted you, you pig! I'm too young to be going through this"

I try to fight his hands off my frame but he won't leave me alone.

"No! I won't leave you unless you listen!"

Translation:

Oru mu mii lati inu: I feel heat from inside.

Ma je kii oru mu e lati inu, ore mii : don't feel heat from inside, my friend.

So I have been working on a school project recently and we were given some literary works to work on. I am currently working on Faceless by Amma Darko and I have come to fall in love with the piece of art.

It's about the girl children and street children phenomenon. It has given me so many inspiration recently that i am working on and i am hoping to share with you guys. You should check out the book its really good.

I am also working on 'Things Fall Apart' by Chinua Achebe (which I have read countless of times) and I have noticed.. Okonkwo is a man with a lot of anger issues. 🚶 🚶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
1.8K 609 22
Bellgrande high is a school for the classy and rich kids of Lagos island.Chinyere and her clique are bullies that oppress fellow students with their...
33.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
41.8K 12.5K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...