Seizing The Day//A Modern Day...

By seaturtle00

PLEASE READ "Carrying The Banner//A Modern Day Newsies Story//COMPLETED" FIRST! You do not have to but it wou... More

Cast
The Aftermath
Minecraft
Chill Out
Foster Fam
So Oblivious
Truth and Uno
BOYFRIEND?!
Dogs and Horses
Auditions Begin
Auditions Proceed
Many Arguments of Stupid Things
Obvious Love
Assembly
...
Emotions
Silent Vow
Ideas Anyone?!
Somethings Off?
Quiet in the Eye
Confession
Ideas...
IDEA?!!!
Writing Is Hard
Hawkeye Deserves Better
Memories
Mall Trip
A Date Planned by Another
Plays and Parts
Oh! Roles! OH! CRUSHES?!
Clubs and Rehearsal
After School Activities
The Date
A/N
A Bribe?!
It Could Crash and Burn
Studying
Pre-Date Jitters
A Walk
Everest
Relationships Progress
National
Delancy's
Intercom
Principle Pulitzer
The End

Dead-Names

118 7 4
By seaturtle00

TW: Rules, heavy use of dead-names, heavy use of incorrect pronouns, use of "Tr@nny" as a slurr, nod to doing the do, talk about depression

Romeo POV
I slid down the crowded hallways with Finch by my side. We only had one class left in the day, and after that we had decided to hang out together.

"Hello Juliet and Robin." The teacher greeted us as we walked in. Finch flinched at the name and I put a comforting hand on his back. I was used to dead-naming from my more distant family, but Finch didn't know anyone transphobic before these rules. Finch and I took a seat at our normal desks and started working on the warm-up.

"Oh look, it's the two tr@nnies!" I heard someone laugh. I looked up and was not surprised to see it was Morris Delancy who said this. He and his brother had managed to make a cult of sorts, and all they did was pick on people in the LGBTQIADP+ community.

"Oh shove off, Delancy's." Finch glowered. The people looked slightly shocked at first, before anger began to flood their eyes.

"Oh sorry ROBIN, are we bothering you?! Do you think we are bothering HER?" One of them said, putting a major emphasis on the dead-name and incorrect pronouns. Finch managed to hold back a grimace there, not giving them the satisfaction.

"What about you JULIET? Do you think we should leave?" Oscar mocked.

"Yes, I would like you to leave before you can lower the IQ of the class even more than you already have." I snarled.

"Boy's. To your seats." The teacher barked at them.

"Wow, JULIET was angry. I guess we really made HER mad." Another member of the Delancy's cult whispered as they walked by me. I ignored their comment and instead focused on the lesson.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

I motioned to where my car sat in the parking lot.

"Let's get to my place before anyone else decides to be rude." I stated. Finch nodded and followed me to my car. Once inside, I put on my Broadway playlist, and I saw Finch smile at it. We had a forty-five minute drive ahead of us, so I thought it would be best.

By the time we made it to my house, we were both belting out the lyrics to "Don't Loose Ur Head". We decided to finish the song before actually going inside.

"Your house is nice," Finch said as we walked in.

"Hi Romeo! Hello Finch!" My mother greeted us as we set our stuff down.

"Hi mom! I think we are just going to hang out in my room, if that is okay." I stated, pointing up the stairs.

"As long as you keep the door open." She said with a shrug. Finch and I walked up the stairs and into my room, before choosing random spots to sit down.

"Why does she say keep the door open? I mean you have a boyfriend it isn't like we are going to do anything." Finch questioned.

"It is more so that if one of us screams she can run up," I answered. We fell into an awkward silence, both of us tip-toeing around the reason we had decided to hang out.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this up," Finch confessed, breaking the silence.

"Me too. It is really horrible." I agreed, quietly.

"I have even started getting symptoms of depression! Most days I feel like I don't have the energy to face anything," Finch stated with a frown.

"Hey, I just want you to know I am always here for you. And what you are feeling is justified, even if it is not the healthiest. If it gets any worse you should talk to an adult." I said quickly, and Finch nodded.

"What about you?" He asked. "You haven't told me anything."

"I guess I feel numb to it all. Like I am basically bottling up when I feel about it to make sure they don't get a reaction out of me." I said after a moment's hesitation.

"I am here if you want to un-cork that bottle, you will probably feel better." Finch told me, and I smiled. I then launched into all the feelings I had kept hidden away, and Finch did the same. And it did help a little.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 410 20
Requests are currently closed. Mainly x reader and ship oneshots, but I'll do headcanons too. No smut. Enjoy!
5.2K 234 30
CONTENT CONTAINS : INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE ABUSE TORTURE GORE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED O...
18K 599 26
It's been over a year since the strike has settled and the newsies haven't had any problems with Pulitzer since. But that's not to say that they didn...
9.7K 410 32
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! β€’ " The nerve! " " Wha...